President Donald Trump on Monday insisted he was right to warn Alabama of a non-existent hurricane threat and attacked a TV reporter who pointed out the fact that the state was not at risk from Dorian

Of course he blamed it on FEMA as he is so fucking perfect. at least it is a state! 

However, Trump on Sunday did not refer to “certain original scenarios” but instead said after a FEMA briefing that “this just came up, unfortunately” as he spoke about a supposed threat to Alabama.

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/donald-trump-hurricane-dorian-alabama_n_5d6dde95e4b0110804539637

3 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Well, parts of Florida are referred to as Southern Alabama but they aren't at threat from Dorian.

Tropical Cylone 7 could be another story.

two_atl_2d0.png

Actually, I believe they are referred to as LA Lower Alabama.

Regarding Donnie, — I go nothing.   Perhaps he and Joe need to up thier aracept?

2 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

Well, parts of Florida are referred to as Southern Alabama but they aren't at threat from Dorian.

You aren't really trying to say President Trump's reasoning fell along those lines, are you.

That's a big stretch, even for a founding member of the Trump Defense Squad.

Why not just admit he has no idea what he is going to say when he opens his mouth?

Fla’s panhandle is often referred to as Floribama.  Allegedly one J. Buffet cites the Flora-Bama bar as one of his youthful favorites.

Re d’ranger’s observation about surviving the next 14 months; there may not be much left to claim after Trump is done.  Constitution mangled, environment trashed, long time allies wary of us at best, good chance of a recession.

I heard Trump make that statement and first thought that he had just been told of the landfall of Dorian on Abaco and somehow got that confused with Alabama. After all both place names start with an A and both have additional A's and even B's. Easy to see how that could be confusing for someone with poor focus and comprehension skills. Alabama also has lots of golf courses...

This just comes from his desperate narcissistic urge to have everything "the biggest".  So, add another state and you've got "bigger" which is tRumpian for "better".

What is in fact amazing is that he randomly tossed in a state that is at least contiguous to the ones affected.  Would anybody have been truely surprised if he had said Wyoming.

2 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

I heard Trump make that statement and first thought that he had just been told of the landfall of Dorian on Abaco and somehow got that confused with Alabama. After all both place names start with an A and both have additional A's and even B's. Easy to see how that could be confusing for someone with poor focus and comprehension skills. Alabama also has lots of golf courses...

I also heard he may have seen/heard BahAMAs and AlabAMA, even though they don't rhyme.

Given what we know about the man's lack of intellectual curiosity, neither would surprise me.

That said, I truly believe he just threw the words together, adding in an extra state to make it sound bigger.

2 minutes ago, garuda3 said:

little correction , Nippers is on Great Guana Cay, 

great-view.jpg
 All photos (45)
Full view

great-abaco-island.jpg

Is it?

Meanwhile, talking about the Dorian in general, Trumpy says that he's never heard of a Category 5 hurricane.

https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/vb5v3d/trump-keeps-saying-hes-never-heard-of-a-category-5-hurricane

“I’m not sure that I’ve ever even heard of a Category 5, I knew it existed,” Trump stated, then added moments later: “A Category 5 is something that, I don’t know that I’ve even heard the term other than that I know it’s there.”

According to the article, there have been 45 Category 5 hurricanes since Trump was born, and 7 since he became president. Also:

"In September 2017, Trump exclaimed about Hurricane Irma, “I never never knew a Category 5 existed,” and then about a week later, when Hurricane Maria hit, he called it “a Category 5 storm, which literally never happens.”

The man can't help kicking "own Goals" :D

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump
FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump
More

The U.S. may be getting a little bit lucky with respect to Hurricane Dorian, but please don’t let down your guard. As it heads up the coast, lots of very bad and unpredictable things can happen! On the other hand, the Bahamas have been devastated. We are sending crews to help!

4 minutes ago, Shortforbob said:

The man can't help kicking "own Goals" :D

Donald J. TrumpVerified account @realDonaldTrump
FollowFollow @realDonaldTrump
More

The U.S. may be getting a little bit lucky with respect to Hurricane Dorian, but please don’t let down your guard. As it heads up the coast, lots of very bad and unpredictable things can happen! On the other hand, the Bahamas have been devastated. We are sending crews to help!

Are those the crews that got lost on their way to Puerto Rico?

2 hours ago, Left Shift said:

Are those the crews that got lost on their way to Puerto Rico?

Well..... You see.... Puerto Rico is out in the middle of the ocean, surrounded by lots of water, The Bahamas are like a suburb of Miami..... And lot's of wealthy white people own property there, very, very valuable property..... Sure most of them went back to London, or New York, Or Miami..... But it's not like they don't have insurance.....:rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

OTOH, people in Alabama wouldn’t just take his word for it and prep for nothing, would they?

I suppose if you live in a hurricane zone, if you're smart, you're pretty much always prepared anyway, no? other than the window covers and such.

29 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

I suppose if you live in a hurricane zone, if you're smart, you're pretty much always prepared anyway, no? other than the window covers and such.

You’d be amazed. I’m about to donate most of my hurricane kit to Abaco relief, so I’ll be buying it again for the next storm. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

You’d be amazed. I’m about to donate most of my hurricane kit to Abaco relief, so I’ll be buying it again for the next storm. 

that's a great way to cycle through it. My earthquake kits a bit old.

18 minutes ago, Raz'r said:

that's a great way to cycle through it. My earthquake kits a bit old.

If you want to send anything to the Abacos, make sure you get someone who ships directly to the Abacos, not Nassau. Tropical Shipping in Riviera Beach (West Palm) runs the freight boat route from Palm Beach direct to Marsh Harbour. Carnival Cruise lines is paying all shipping charges for relief items. 

29 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Where are the Faithful?  We need a full-throated defense of the Emperor. This cannot go unchallenged. 

Paging Trump Defense Squad. 

Paging Trump Defense Squad. 

They are hunkered down in Alabama waiting for Hurricane Dorian to pass by, or boarding up on LIS in case it becomes a Superstorm once winds drop below hurricane strength. 

Just now, Al Paca said:

Is it really worth it to rebuild?

Alabama? That there is a $20B reconstruction project. Yessiree-Bob 

This ‘Bama thing is as good as Covfefe. A slip of the thumb, and now the Federal govt and TrumpTards are in full throated “of course the prez was right.” 

A fucking sharpie on an old weather map. That’s what our Prez is up to.

How fitting that this ludicrous, infantile, transparent, self delusion and fakery could be the beginning of the end for Trump. The straw that finally breaks the Elks back. Their silence is telling.

He's still banging on about it while a hurricane is ravaging the coast. People are drowning as he tweets..I WAS RIGHT! 

1 minute ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

When you have Superior Knowledge, what is there to learn?

When you have "the best brain", it comes pre-loaded with all the knowledge you will ever need.  No need to learn anything.  Ever.

13 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:
22 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

That assumes he is willing to "learn".

Same with his followers.

knowledge is the devil's playground, apparently.

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing

Which is why they play it safe by having VERY little, or none!

- DSK

And again.

He's not made a single tweet offering support to victims for days .

Congress should be censuring him.

With Alabama all the way.....to where?

1. 10 replies160 retweets160 likes

Retweet

Donald J. Trump Retweeted AL National Guard

I was with you all the way Alabama. The Fake News Media was not!

Just as I said, Alabama was originally projected to be hit. The Fake News denies it!

Did I miss the part where he lead the country, and mentioned to those in harms way to maybe do what the EMS requests?

Offer condolences to those that sustained damage, and also offered moral support to those that are nervous, scared, and could

probably use a few kind words?

You know, bring the country together?  Actual real words?

Or did he bitch out an actress and triple-down on his Alabama story and retweet a few hurricane center tweets?

Those poor people of Alabama, I wonder if trump will give away another boat like he did last time, I have this book, it's hard to read in one sitting, I would tell you the ending but I don't want to spoil it.

51oyAYdRxDL._SY401_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg5d715f2c240000ee17762698.jpeg?ops=scalefit_2560_noupscale

Looks like he'll be busy this time

10 hours ago, shubrook said:

You'd think a forum of sailors would understand getting burned on a weather forecast...

Yeah, I know what you mean. I can't tell you how many times the forecast has called for 0 - 2kts of breeze with everyone bobbering around in the current bumping into each other and I use a Sharpie to markup the forecast to say 10 - 20kts. "See! Look at the forecast guys! They said it would be windy!" 

Who among us hasn't done that?*

*no one has every fucking done that in case you missed the sarcasm

• Like 1

I'm beginning to wonder if maybe, just maybe, our president might possibly, by the furthest stretch of the imagination possibly, need a little time alone to, you know, spend some time with his thoughts.  No big deal.  Just a bit of a self check, to kind of somewhat, sort of, you know, make sure he's kind of, well,  feeling up to snuff.

18 minutes ago, Nice! said:

I hope somebody saved that map. It needs to go to the Smithsonian, as the most perfect representation of Trumpy's presidency.

How proud The Faithful must be.  I do have one question...  if his artwork isn't shown on Foxy News, did he really draw it?  Do the polls show that enough people believe it for us to accept that what we saw with our own eyes actually happened?  

btw, how long before Accuweather bails him out with their version of the likelihood of Dorian hitting Alabama?  

33 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Got to wonder if Malarkey is jumping on this Presidential sharpie pen

I am not making this up not matter how Malarkian it appears. 

trumpmarker.1567788507923.PNG

That's a deal!  The North Korea Summit coins are on sale for a hundred bucks from the WH gift shop... or $4.95 on eBay (plus shipping). But a custom sharpie?  I'm thinking that those will re-sell for at least a buck, maybe a buck fifty. 

69590022_1068985649972796_57151872155548

54 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:
59 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Got to wonder if Malarkey is jumping on this Presidential sharpie pen

I am not making this up not matter how Malarkian it appears. 

trumpmarker.1567788507923.PNG

That's a deal!  The North Korea Summit coins are on sale for a hundred bucks from the WH gift shop... or $4.95 on eBay (plus shipping). But a custom sharpie?  I'm thinking that those will re-sell for at least a buck, maybe a buck fifty. 

69590022_1068985649972796_57151872155548

Using that old adage, which has been applied to so many professions - 

How do you make a small fortune investing in President Trump Commemorative items?  You start with a large fortune.

18 hours ago, Gouvernail said:

6DFDB380-BBBF-4E17-8F94-BA6B99D09889.jpeg

Presidunce Trump's new dog..... A "Sharpei"..... How appropriate.....

• Like 1

“Precious hours were wasted”: Trump’s doctored map affected hurricane forecasters

On Wednesday, when President Donald Trump was showing off a doctored hurricane forecast in the White House Oval Office, forecasters at the National Hurricane Center were mortified.

It was a critical moment for the federal tropical cyclone experts because Hurricane Dorian had begun to show signs of re-intensifying—it would later become a major hurricane again—and its track appeared increasingly likely to bring the storm's center ashore somewhere in the Carolinas. Two sources in the Miami-based hurricane center told Ars that Trump's "update" on Hurricane Dorian effectively paralyzed operations.

After Trump spoke, the forecasters' cell phones buzzed with incessant distractions. Media briefings were stopped for the afternoon. "Precious hours were wasted," one official at the center told me. "We aren’t going to put out bad forecasts, but we need to keep the eye on the ball here."

https://arstechnica.com/science/2019/09/precious-hours-were-wasted-trumps-doctored-map-affected-hurricane-forecasters/