Did Senator Harris say ‘What the Fuck’ last night during the debate?

Amati

37 minutes ago, Rat's ass said:

Harris? Isn't that the lying sociopathic prosecutor from California that Tulsi exposed during a debate? GULP...

source.gif

You'd think with the current POTUS those would be traits that are supposed to be overlooked in today's world.

2 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

And so what if she did?  I have no issue with it.  I wish Pols would be a bit less careful and unfiltered.  To a point.

It wasn’t a a personal insult, Jeff.

4 minutes ago, Movable Ballast said:

Trump is crass and rude and now we want all the candidates to be that way? I would think the eventual DEM candidate would do better staying above the fray.

I don't see anyone saying that should be the new normal.

If you are thinking of Jeff, you would do well to pay attention to the last 3 words in Post #2.

I don't know the answer to the OP question but I do know "fuck" needs to be used more often when talking about the crime syndicate in power today.

Fuck Trump!

Fuck Moscow Mitch!

Fuck lobbyists!

Fuck greedy assholes!

Fuck spineless politicians!

• 2 months later...

Kamala Staffer Says What The Fuck

To Whom it may Concern:

It is with a heavy heart that I submit my resignation as State Operations Director at Kamala Harris for the People, effective November 30, 2019. This is my third presidential campaign and I have never seen an organization treat its staff so poorly. While I still believe that Senator Harris is the strongest candidate to win in the General Election in 2020, I no longer have confidence in our campaign or its leadership. The treatment of our staff over the last two weeks was the final straw in this very difficult decision.

It is not acceptable to me that we encouraged people to move from Washington, DC to Baltimore only to lay them off with no notice, with no plan for the campaign, and without thoughtful consideration of the personal consequences to them or the consequences that their absence would have on the remaining staff. It is unacceptable that we would lay off anyone that we hired only weeks earlier. It is unacceptable that with less than 90 days until lowa we still do not have a real plan to win. Our campaign For the People is made up of diverse talent which is being squandered by indecision and a lack of leaders who will lead. That is unacceptable

Ouch.

And I just checked the youTube link in the OP, and it is working, at least on my iPad, but it seems some of our more conservative friends do not see the phrase ‘what the fuck’ as a movie (perhaps even a literary) metaphor of unspoken internal dialogue used, perhaps, to let ourselves off a hook (?) but as :unsure: something Harris actually said, in public.

We really are speaking 2 different languages.  I had no idea that ‘what the fuck’ would be taken literally as an actual report about what Harris said and now I realize how careful I must be when conversing here.  It feels to me that freedom of speech is dying a bit more here on the alter of right wing PC and it’s concomitant rhetorical tactic that looks for offense, so I apologize for any disquiet it may have caused, even if the OP was only meant in jest.  Tempers are fraying, feelings are hurt, advantage is being sought and I didnt mean to inflame them.

Beside that, it’s kind of too late anyway- what with Congressional action this week, the die has been cast, and ‘battle (is) coming down’ (yes another metaphor, this time musical :o) since sides have now been formally drawn, and it doesn’t really matter what kind of arguments we might come up with now within our merry little band, going forward, since the right people, our elected representatives, now are about to assert them,  So perhaps artificially flowery speech is now the order of the day?  

So gentlepeople, to our positions!  (Unless, of course, you believe yourself a New Barbarian, and if that is the case, I bow to your belief....) and of course, I apologize again, profusely.  Best to go into this with a clean conscience.

1 hour ago, Shortforbob said:

I wonder who leaked this letter?

If the NY Times knows where they got it, they're not saying, but it looks like there are at least 50 possible sources.

In one instance after another, Ms. Harris and her closest advisers made flawed decisions about which states to focus on, issues to emphasize and opponents to target, all the while refusing to make difficult personnel choices to impose order on an unwieldy campaign, according to more than 50 current and former campaign staff members and allies, most of whom spoke on condition of anonymity to disclose private conversations and assessments involving the candidate.

3 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

Sen. Harris told her staff this morning that she was dropping out of the race.

Good. No sense beating a dead horse...... Come to think of it, I can't think of any reason to beat a live one either....

8 minutes ago, dacapo said:

what the fuck?

I doubt it, but who knows?

On 9/13/2019 at 7:15 AM, Shootist Jeff said:

And so what if she did?  I have no issue with it.  I wish Pols would be a bit less careful and unfiltered.  To a point.

Yeah - it makes them so "authentic."

4 hours ago, jerseyguy said:

Sen. Harris told her staff this morning that she was dropping out of the race.

Yep.  Several recently moved to Baltimore (where her campaign headquarters was established), only to be let go.

18 minutes ago, Bus Driver said:

Yep.  Several recently moved to Baltimore (where her campaign headquarters was established), only to be let go.

And to add insult to injury, crabs are no longer in season.

14 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

And to add insult to injury, crabs are no longer in season.

That part isn't a big deal since a large proportion of "Chesapeake Bay" blue crabs sold in restaurants are from Charlotte Harbor and they're fair game year round down here.

4 hours ago, Nice! said:

Kamala for AG.

An even worse idea than Jeff Sessions, which is quite a leap. Harris is a Dirty Prosecutor and Drug Warrior.

Her response to Trump's "border wall" emergency should have been "we need an executive who doesn't abuse emergency powers" but instead was "I can't wait to use emergency powers against gun owners." She doesn't need any government job, though I'd hate to inflict her on the private sector either.

Aussie politicians do it better. A former Minister of Education told a former Leader of the Opposition "You're such a cunt" during parliamentary debate. 

(They were both monumental cunts, BTW.)

7 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

What the fuck?  No seriously, what the fuck are you going on about?  Did I miss something?  I'm having some cognitive dissonance squaring this with what you replied to me in Post #7. 

Yeah, really.  Did she actually say it in the debate or didn't she?  And if she did, I still say so what.  I would like a politician to speak a little more plainly - up to a point - and I don't see all that much wrong with an occasional WTF when its warranted.  I don't want a pol to say "fuck" every other word.  Or even on a semi-regular basis.  But when something is really a WTF moment, I see no issue with a strong punctuation where a "what the heck" doesn't cut it.

I'm still somewhat baffled by what your point was in the OP, especially in light of this post at the top that I'm quoting.  I didn't see anyone hammering on the altar of right-wing PC.  Besides, the very notion and enforcement of PC is almost wholly (but not completely) a liberal "thing".  You guys fucking invented the concept of being "triggered" and sacrificing free speech virgins on the altar of political correctness.  The University experience is pretty much a textbook case study in PC'ness these days.  

Just saying.

My University experience ended in ‘78 with the first whispers of left wing PC, where I ran screaming.  I’m sorry I confused you.  I’ll try not to do it again.

15 hours ago, Happy said:

Aussie politicians do it better. A former Minister of Education told a former Leader of the Opposition "You're such a cunt" during parliamentary debate. 

(They were both monumental cunts, BTW.)

Best we ever had was Trudeau the Greater saying "Fuddle Duddle" (or so he claimed) during Question Period. :D

Archived