4 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Now this may just make one or two of you pay attention.  (Just one or two, and presuming you drink more than box wine from the corner store that is.)  Vineyards in England and Sweden?  At 5,000 ft in Chile?  On north facing slopes (south for you Aussies)?  WTF?  

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/10/14/dining/drinks/climate-change-wine.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Yeah, I know.  It's just weather.  It's cyclical.  Dinosaurs had the same problem with their favorite fern fields.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/science/veni-vidi-viticulture-remains-of-roman-vineyards-found-in-uk-738723.html

FKT

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the greatest possible respect: this thread has zero to do with sailing and should be moved to Political Anarchy where it belongs

I find it sad that so many sailors could give a shit about the environment, if anyone should be aware of the changes that have already occurred it is us, in my many decades on the water I have seen so

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Now this may just make one or two of you pay attention.  (Just one or two, and presuming you drink more than box wine from the corner store that is.)  Vineyards in England and Sweden?  At 5,000 ft in Chile?  On north facing slopes (south for you Aussies)?  WTF?  

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/10/14/dining/drinks/climate-change-wine.html?action=click&module=Top Stories&pgtype=Homepage

Yeah, I know.  It's just weather.  It's cyclical.  Dinosaurs had the same problem with their favorite fern fields.

Central Florida is 250 - 300 feet above sea level yet I have found sharks teeth around the old phosphate mines, how do you explain that? Nobody has, so far...

23 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Excellent - back to Medieval Warm Period conditions.

Or did the Crusades cause Medieval warming?

45 minutes ago, Hole In The Kite said:

How Germany closed its coal industry without sacking a single miner

Others believe that Australia is simply politically and culturally ill-equipped to do so."

https://www.smh.com.au/environment/climate-change/how-germany-closed-its-coal-industry-without-sacking-a-single-miner-20190711-p526ez.html?fbclid=IwAR32LpewkgfsfJWvHAY2gmRbW4NGRc01bTfHYwVDbfHlymNHmYTJNwrCG4g

headline - meet content.

Instead pits were closed progressively across the region. Workers who wanted to stay on were transferred from mine to mine, while others were offered retraining, or if they were over 50, generous voluntary payouts.

It would be a “just transition” that will in the coming 20 years cost 20,000 jobs.

Energiewende .. meet reality:

20130615_SRC650.png

14 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Mostly it was just driving slowly down Main Street and yelling stupid things at 16-year-old girls out the car window, like how they should pay more attention to you. 

Kind of like now, but that was more fun, until we grew out of it.

LOL.

When I was 16 I was the guy on the bike yelling  back

1 hour ago, hhn92 said:

Central Florida is 250 - 300 feet above sea level yet I have found sharks teeth around the old phosphate mines, how do you explain that? Nobody has, so far...

Easy!  SHARKNADO!!!

1 hour ago, hhn92 said:

You never heard of magic, yo?!

4 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

I have the original spars for a 26’ catboat project I have on the back burner. Solid spruce mast, boom and gaff. I would imagine this is more the Local NJ timber since it’s a Morton Johnson boat from NJ. Nice and stout for wood milled and shaped 90 years ago.

At least you set about to design some spar sections. Most people have no idea how to even approach the concept. 

Woooh, I have never seen a wooden spar. I have seen a carbon one painted to look like some kind of wood. Didn't they use to use  that Dacron stuff for sails on those wooden spars

On 10/17/2019 at 9:18 AM, Fah Kiew Tu said:

Rubbish. We've burned gigatonnes of fossil fuel. There's literally no way we can grow enough trees (phytoplankton, you name it) that'll make the slightest difference in say 100 years, that being the period when the consumption of fossil fuels really ramped up.

Not obvious that is true.

We burn around 20B tonnes of fossil fuels a year. A large mature tree is of the order of 10 tonnes so that is 2B such trees.  It is thought there are around 3 trillion trees in the world. So you are only talking about one extra tree in 1000. OK not all those are large and mature but even so, the quantity of trees needed isn't absurd.

10 hours ago, d'ranger said:

The whoosh was the point going over your head - Russia isn't a democracy, their media is propaganda and they may well be the last country to shit on the planet. But somehow in your little gleeful head this is a slap at Greta.  BTW, the Russians are very jealous/envious of the Swedes (yet every Russian here drinks Absolute).

If there were ever a country that would hate being lectured to by a young girl (especially a Swede) it would be Russia.  So, carry on gloating about how great it is to ignore what is currently happening. I expect nothing less - now don't you have some old tires to go burn?

I thought they drank Tito’s hand crafted Austin vodka now that they are in the Lone Star State...

10 hours ago, Left Shift said:

Mostly it was just driving slowly down Main Street and yelling stupid things at 16-year-old girls out the car window, like how they should pay more attention to you. 

Kind of like now, but that was more fun, until we grew out of it.

Until you got the Mr. Microphone for just $17.88!

From RONCO!!!

• Like 1
7 hours ago, VWAP said:

Woooh, I have never seen a wooden spar. I have seen a carbon one painted to look like some kind of wood. Didn't they use to use  that Dacron stuff for sails on those wooden spars

Egyptian cotton my dear Boy, Egyptian Cotton.. 

And I know of a few boats that still have theirs, if rarely worn these days..

• Like 1

I did, in fact, paint a damaged 48’ wooden mast with gel stain after it was repaired with fiberglass back in ‘03. You couldn’t tell it was painted.

Send me your carbon and I’ll send it back looking the way it started out.

And I only sleep in Egyptian cotton anymore. It took too long to dry after the races so I switched to polyester resin extrusions.

3EDD3CA7-58A6-4D33-8639-C3AC32D82CC9.jpeg

2 minutes ago, Saint Greta said:

I wonder if the nice price who sailed me across the pond would consider changing his sails over to Egyptian cotton for my return trip?

people are dying and you want to divert water from food production, drinking and hygiene for cotton? You hypocrite !!!!

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1
4 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

people are dying and you want to divert water from food production, drinking and hygiene for cotton? You hypocrite !!!!

Since I’m not in school anymore (world ending in a few years, why bother?) maybe I could work the cotton fields for a few years and make a difference?

Nah. I’ve got places to go.  

1 minute ago, Saint Greta said:

Since I’m not in school anymore (world ending in a few years, why bother?) maybe I could work the cotton fields for a few years and make a difference?

Nah. I’ve got places to go.  

Gå till Försäkringskassan med din OCD- och asperger-diagnos så kommer de att få dig på pension resten av livet. Pensionerade 16 år.

3 hours ago, dogwatch said:

We burn around 20B tonnes of fossil fuels a year. A large mature tree is of the order of 10 tonnes so that is 2B such trees.  It is thought there are around 3 trillion trees in the world. So you are only talking about one extra tree in 1000. OK not all those are large and mature but even so, the quantity of trees needed isn't absurd.

But you need to grow the equivalent of that many large mature trees (which took one hundred years to get there) so multiply by at least 2 orders of magnituted

17 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

But you need to grow the equivalent of that many large mature trees (which took one hundred years to get there) so multiply by at least 2 orders of magnituted

Good thing Canada alone plants around 500 million trees per annum. It's a start.

https://www.ppec-paper.com/thousand-new-tree-seedlings-planted-every-minute-canada/

1 minute ago, fastyacht said:

True. But don't they become paper and therefore end up in a landfill?

In our City we've been recycling paper and cardboard for 20 years plus now. It ain't perfect but there is a decent diversion rate. We've had recycling across the majority of the country for a long time.

Now some stuff ends in in landfill, now we have legalized weed we can talk about the fact that for sure some ends up being burned in rolling papers (I have no knowledge of such things, at all, categorically). Not much is wasted on newspapers any longer, the articles were too long and people gave up trying to think too hard, so they are out. Mostly it all goes to oversized cardboard boxes at Amazon distribution centers.

This last use is critical because cats love boxes and the internet loves cats, so obviously that's an unalloyed good beyond any possible criticism. We have solved the cat housing crisis in our City thanks to unrestrained consumer consumption and technology. All hail Amazon.

Landfill in Toronto is no problem at all from an environmental perspective. We ship our crap in enormous trucks, 400 km down the road to Detroit, just across the border. So now it's on US hands as a stain of guilt and gluttony. Like literally, not our problem.

My conscience is clear.

Ddr25-tX4AAbEOV.jpg.0afa7b70937cddb3a81390bf730fca4c.jpg

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, blunted said:

In our City we've been recycling paper and cardboard for 20 years plus now. It ain't perfect but there is a decent diversion rate. We've had recycling across the majority of the country for a long time.

Now some stuff ends in in landfill, now we have legalized weed we can talk about the fact that for sure some ends up being burned in rolling papers (I have no knowledge of such things, at all, categorically). Not much is wasted on newspapers any longer, the articles were too long and people gave up trying to think too hard, so they are out. Mostly it all goes to oversized cardboard boxes at Amazon distribution centers.

This last use is critical because cats love boxes and the internet loves cats, so obviously that's an unalloyed good beyond any possible criticism. We have solved the cat housing crisis in our City thanks to unrestrained consumer consumption and technology. All hail Amazon.

Landfill in Toronto is no problem at all from an environmental perspective. We ship our crap in enormous trucks, 400 km down the road to Detroit, just across the border. So now it's on US hands as a stain of guilt and gluttony. Like literally, not our problem.

My conscience is clear.

Ddr25-tX4AAbEOV.jpg.0afa7b70937cddb3a81390bf730fca4c.jpg

what's your point? That the garbage (Grey) and the organics (Green) both go in the same truck?

Look closely, there's a divider in the back of the truck.

Recycling, (Blue) will be the following week, green is every week to keep the racoon population in fresh food that's not more than a week old.

Yes, green bins are allowed plastic to a limited degree, it gets separated at the diversion facility. Ever try and throw away rotting produce in a paper bag?

Or did I miss something? They didn't throw out a cat did they? Mon Dieu!! The outrage.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, blunted said:

what's your point? That the garbage (Grey) and the organics (Green) both go in the same truck?

Look closely, there's a divider in the back of the truck.

Recycling, (Blue) will be the following week, green is every week to keep the racoon population in fresh food that's not more than a week old.

Yes, green bins are allowed plastic to a limited degree, it gets separated at the diversion facility. Ever try and throw away rotting produce in a paper bag?

Or did I miss something? They didn't throw out a cat did they? Mon Dieu!! The outrage.

Well you solved that mystery! Wondered about that business of the small can. When you said garbage and Toronto I just coldn't resist. I saw this vid when it forst came out. And it just bubbled up in my memory somehow.

I like how he gripes over the size of the bins. I lived in a town as a kid for a few years whch had ordinances against TV antennas, masts, boats, RVs, fences, and of course trash cans. So you had to put your garbage out in bags! Then they hired this stupid crew to do it that drove around in a pickup truck with a bad wheel bearing and they toossed it up. Half the fucking garbage ended up on the road.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

Well you solved that mystery! Wondered about that business of the small can. When you said garbage and Toronto I just coldn't resist. I saw this vid when it forst came out. And it just bubbled up in my memory somehow.

I like how he gripes over the size of the bins. I lived in a town as a kid for a few years whch had ordinances against TV antennas, masts, boats, RVs, fences, and of course trash cans. So you had to put your garbage out in bags! Then they hired this stupid crew to do it that drove around in a pickup truck with a bad wheel bearing and they toossed it up. Half the fucking garbage ended up on the road.

Indeed it is an ongoing bitch fest about garbage service in the City. We now have those gov mandated bins that are standardized so the hydraulic arms on the trucks can pick them up and dump them in the truck. Recycling bins are free with your property taxes, so are organics bins, Garbage bins come in three sizes and you pay for those on your tax bill, bigger bins, more money. Extra garbage bags, you have to pay for tags to get those taken away, with strict size and weight limits. It's an aggressive push towards recycling and separating trash by fiscal fiat.

In many cases in older parts of the City, there is very few practical ways to store the three bins on your property. Many people have built street front sheds to house them. There was so much bitching the City had to legalize these sheds to keep the bins in. You really need the bins or multiple locking devices to keep the bins properly closed. You see, we have the highest density of Racoons in the world and Trash bandits love love love our garbage. So that takeout container you cannot recycle with scraps of General Tso's chicken in it, a family of six racoons will mount an offensive operation for a half hour to get that shit and they will spread anything else in the bin all over your yard to get to that container. Think I'm kidding? Urban Canadian Racoons have been proven to be not only fatter than their wild cousins but also about 20% smarter at problem solving.

I've trapped one adolescent in our back yard in a game cage then watched mom and brother mount a break out operation. One holds the cage still while the other sticks their head into the trap door to force it open, then the prisoner escapes. They practice this same move to heist the bait in the trap. These are 6 month old juvenilles pulling these stunts, its pretty impressive to watch, until you wake up to racoon shit all over your front porch one morning. All for a cookie. The best bait is peanut butter, and only after dark. If you use meat, my stupid cat ends up in the cage, if you use cookies, they do the three man heist move to get them, if you use PB before dark, the squirrels get in there, then the racoons show up and think its a meal in a box. Last time that happened the squirrel died of heart failure then the racoons took him out of the cage and ate him. Big City life. Thankfully my cat is the neighborhood diplomat and the racoons won't fuck with him.

• Like 1

The issue with recycling is similar to climate change - nobody wants to pay for it. I was very involved in recycling in the 90s and it's a good way to make a small fortune from a large one. Then there are people who just mix anything and everything thinking somehow it is useful.  Lot of work to be done to cut down the waste that we will continue to just bury.  If you don't want to live in a sewer you have to address the shit.

57 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

The issue with recycling is similar to climate change - nobody wants to pay for it. I was very involved in recycling in the 90s and it's a good way to make a small fortune from a large one. Then there are people who just mix anything and everything thinking somehow it is useful.  Lot of work to be done to cut down the waste that we will continue to just bury.  If you don't want to live in a sewer you have to address the shit.

Mr Dranger:

Allow me to suggest that instead of recycling, you stop buying stuff. 

I think you’ll learn that if no stuff comes into your life, no stuff has to find it’s way out. 

And those fossil fuel based boats you sail on, that’s a no- no from now on.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Saint Greta said:

Mr Dranger:

Allow me to suggest that instead of recycling, you stop buying stuff. 

I think you’ll learn that if no stuff comes into your life, no stuff has to find it’s way out. 

And those fossil fuel based boats you sail on, that’s a no- no from now on.  

Might I suggest you just stop posting? You are not clever nor entertaining and lousy at trolling to boot.

Thanks,

Miss Management

• Downvote 1

St. Greta is both clever and entertaining to me.

You? Crying for 19 pages like a bitch

Oh, and you couldn’t bait CL into taking a few punches for the fracking industry a few pages back. Maybe since he’s your friend he quietly told you to not throw him under the fast moving bus.

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Might I suggest you just stop posting? You are not clever nor entertaining and lousy at trolling to boot.

Thanks,

Miss Management

So I’ll take that as a “Yes” that you will continue to use up precious fossil fuels and not change your lifestyle to save the planet.

8 minutes ago, Saint Greta said:

So I’ll take that as a “Yes” that you will continue to use up precious fossil fuels and not change your lifestyle to save the planet.

No, I am an aware person making conscious decisions while you are a cowardly POS who has to create a fucking sock to post on an anonymous board to insult people. You life must be one totally lonely, miserable and pathetic existence who is traumatized by a teenage girl.  Sucks to be you.

buh bye asshole.    If there is an upside you are doing a great job to keep her and the topic at the top of SA. 

2 minutes ago, Saint Greta said:

I think he is going to cry. 

uh no, haven't hit the ignore button yet -- I just think you are pathetic and would be happy to say it in person. At least try something better than that weak sauce you keep serving.

edit: and one more of the Pussy Posse on ignore. 

20 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

I’m loving this to say the least. 
a real shitfight on one side and a high school drop out on the other

And D’Ranged said buh bye again yet again!

Uh, to Shit Greta, not to you, this isn't much fun when I have to explain everything.  But since I am explaining things I should mention my parole officer is awesome, I couldn't ask for a more understanding and helpful guy but there are limits and I have been warned.  Just so you know. 

So the posters who want to egg on shit fights seem to always be the same ones who want to post political crap here rather than in PA, because posters are mean to them.  Chopper John, not impressed.

I would estimate that 75% of my posts are in PA (insults take just a few seconds) and the shit fights here are like a bunch of girls in middle school. I do my best to be civil but I can and do give better than I get.  I helped Happy Jack in his 1st persona of Nailing Malarkey go full fucking meltdown where he threatened to sue me. 

i have an eLawyer in addition to a parole officer.  So when it get to silly slappy juvenile shit here i just put them on ignore.  I come to SA for sailing, the pro shit fights stay in PA. 

Mr Dranger is implying that he has an arrest record and he is notifying  me that he has been warned by his parole officer. 

Not sure what I should be afraid of. Maybe we should let him rest for a while. 

Its best if we skip the insults and stay on topic, which is.... what we’re we talking about?

99.44% of my posts are in Sailing.

I think the parenthetical discussions about engineering, resource management, carbon cycles, historical carbon records, and even garbage management, have been thoroughly entertaining and even rather thought provoking. Provocative issues require some provocation apparently.

• Like 3
1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

Whats that white shit everywhere? It can't be snow - Al Gore said we would never see that stuff again.

That was 2010. All gone now.

There is trouble with the trees
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas,
The rain and wind are warmer now,
and the palm trees own them both.

Toronto is expected to have orange groves by 2024.

It's of interest if you are big on batshit nuttery

Vigilant Citizen is a website that is dedicated to discovering the hidden "symbolism"(?) in the popular media, usually involving the Illuminati. The outlet is heavily socially Conservative and is always talking about how Socialism is taking over the world [1] So really, it's Infowars but for popular media.

I got bored watch the Astros/Yankees. I wish I had not clicked here as it's disappointing to see posters wearing their Full Nutter Jackets.  sigh.

for the clever folks, I am d'ranger - if you are triggered then you are d'ranged.  I should not have to explain this shit.

15 hours ago, dogwatch said:

Only 2 billion trees per year. If each tree needs 10m2 of space, then you need to find 1 million hectares (2.5million acres) of spare land every year while we continue to burn oil. This needs to be unused land or we will have a food production problem. There will also be lots of people needed to plant and nurture these 2 billion trees. So maybe not quiet as simple as you think. This isn’t covering those trees that are being burnt or wasted, so might need to up the annual number a bit.

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Whats that white shit everywhere? It can't be snow - Al Gore said we would never see that stuff again.

My pal Al says I can really cash in from the climate gig. But, if I only got a Nobel.....

But, they gave the Nobel to that African. What has he done compared to me?

ill bet he’s never sailed across an ocean, or skipped school once a week to sit on a sidewalk . Really, what more could I have done?

• Downvote 1
3 hours ago, fastyacht said:

That was 2010. All gone now.

There is trouble with the trees
For the maples want more sunlight
And the oaks ignore their pleas,
The rain and wind are warmer now,
and the palm trees own them both. 

Toronto is expected to have orange groves by 2024.

:)

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Svanen said:

From the above article: "And let’s not forget the main goal of it all (which is also the main goal of the elite organizations behind Greta): The creation of a single world government, ruled by the world elite … to combat climate change, of course."

Whoever wrote that is either batshit crazy or in the business of selling tinfoil hats.

Keep trying, though, people, to prove that Greta is something other than exactly what she says she is.  Or, better yet, to show that you have accomplished something in your life bigger than what she has done. Something more than banging out nonsense on keyboard or pretending to be a 16-year-old girl. 

It is pretty clear that LB/St. Greta is simply jealous of the attention she is getting.  Bogan + attention-whore ain't pretty.  

1 minute ago, Hole In The Kite said:

From the above article: "And let’s not forget the main goal of it all (which is also the main goal of the elite organizations behind Greta): The creation of a single world government, ruled by the world elite … to combat climate change, of course."

Whoever wrote that is either batshit crazy or in the business of selling tinfoil hats.

Keep trying, though, people, to prove that Greta is something other than exactly what she says she is.  Or, better yet, to show that you have accomplished something in your life bigger than what she has done. Something more than banging out nonsense on keyboard or pretending to be a 16-year-old girl. 

Not sure I would count raising the rate of depression and irrational fear amongst the young and impressionable something to be proud of. 

Perhaps you work in the mental health industry and like the extra work coming your way. 

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Not sure I would count raising the rate of depression and irrational fear amongst the young and impressionable something to be proud of. 

Perhaps you work in the mental health industry and like the extra work coming your way. 

Looks like you suckered for the crap in that article too.  I work with young people.  Anxiety is common but, based on what they tell me, it is usually due to fear of public humiliation/bullying from peers and/or the lack of a trustworthy adult in their lives.  Where I live, people are just waking up to the fact that the climate is changing and the effects are quite serious.  Some countries haven't woken up at all yet, possibly due to a lack of immediately obvious changes in the local environment. We have seen plenty here.

Greta has given the kids something to do about any climate concerns they have.  Plus, she has successfully woken many adults up to the problem, several posters here who deny there is a even a problem excepted.

I suppose raising irrational fears of "a global conspiracy to create a single world government ruled by the elite" is second-class fearmongering compared to what the climate scientists are doing....

1 hour ago, Saint Greta said:

My pal Al says I can really cash in from the climate gig. But, if I only got a Nobel.....

But, they gave the Nobel to that African. What has he done compared to me?

ill bet he’s never sailed across an ocean, or skipped school once a week to sit on a sidewalk . Really, what more could I have done?

He should get his mother to write a book...

Panicking the herd is never a smart thing to do.....................................

19 minutes ago, Hole In The Kite said:

Looks like you suckered for the crap in that article too.  I work with young people.  Anxiety is common but, based on what they tell me, it is usually due to fear of public humiliation/bullying from peers and/or the lack of a trustworthy adult in their lives.  Where I live, people are just waking up to the fact that the climate is changing and the effects are quite serious.  Some countries haven't woken up at all yet, possibly due to a lack of immediately obvious changes in the local environment. We have seen plenty here.

Greta has given the kids something to do about any climate concerns they have.  Plus, she has successfully woken many adults up to the problem, several posters here who deny there is a even a problem excepted.

I suppose raising irrational fears of "a global conspiracy to create a single world government ruled by the elite" is second-class fearmongering compared to what the climate scientists are doing....

Anxiety has been standard for the young since the beginning. The adults job usually includes trying to allay the anxiety, assholes try and inflame it with dire consequences for the sufferer. Greta has told people that it is okay to scream, yell and demand. She has also told people it is okay to be depressed and fearful. What she has not done is acted in a positive way at all. ‘You have stolen my childhood ‘. What a big fat lie.  ‘Thousands die every day’. Seems fear mongering is okay from one side but not the other.  

41 minutes ago, Hole In The Kite said:

It is pretty clear that LB/St. Greta is simply jealous of the attention she is getting.  Bogan + attention-whore ain't pretty.  

Sorry Hole in your arse, but I am not the Greta sock. However I am pleased that who ever it is playing havoc with your butthurt. How is it that so many middle aged men are triggered by a 16 year old female impersonator. It is obvious that you like to shoot the messenger, but at least aim straight will you cup cake. 

2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Sorry Hole in your arse, but I am not the Greta sock. However I am pleased that who ever it is playing havoc with your butthurt. How is it that so many middle aged men are triggered by a 16 year old female impersonator. It is obvious that you like to shoot the messenger, but at least aim straight will you cup cake. 

How is it that so many middle aged men are triggered by a 16 year old girl?  Riddle me that.

1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

The bogan speaks again...

th.jpeg.391bd4018d801686cac83ea6100f1d66.jpeg

Yes, tell us how it feels to be so triggered that you can't stop posting.  You project more than our sad sack mango-colored *resident.

41 minutes ago, Hole In The Kite said:

It's called weather. Wake up !

2 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

Like a bad fart

Geez, I know everyone there isn't as dumb as you are - the buh bye is when I put someone on ignore, so thanks for quoting the creep.  I put posters on ignore rarely and only when they have zip to offer, like the Dick Night aka un hoppy and the loser posing as Greta.  Anything else I can help with?

And some people understand the difference between weather and climate. You are not one of them.

13 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Geez, I know everyone there isn't as dumb as you are - the buh bye is when I put someone on ignore, so thanks for quoting the creep.  I put posters on ignore rarely and only when they have zip to offer, like the Dick Night aka un hoppy and the loser posing as Greta.  Anything else I can help with?

And some people understand the difference between weather and climate. You are not one of them.

yeah yeah i know, the science is settled

30 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

How is it that so many middle aged men are triggered by a 16 year old girl?  Riddle me that.

I guess you would have to ask one of them.

29 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

The bogan speaks again...

th.jpeg.391bd4018d801686cac83ea6100f1d66.jpeg

Yes, tell us how it feels to be so triggered that you can't stop posting.  You project more than our sad sack mango-colored *resident.

How dare you! People are dying. Entire ecosystems are collapsing. And you stand bye and do nothing except defend Saint Greta! 

I post purely in the hope that I trigger someone who fawns about a teenage girl.

with some success it seems...

5 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

triggering around here is not that hard

Yep, thanks for helping illustrate it.

And thanks for repeating "the science is settled' tripe which is repeated by those who don't understand science. The full quote is in context of the climate is being changed by the actions of mankind. That's it.  Period. The end.

It's like you aren't even trying.

24 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

I guess you would have to ask one of them.

I did and you ducked. 

26 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

It's like you aren't even trying.

I'm not. Don't seem to need to.

For someone who is a self-professed expert at surviving over in PA, you certainly don't need much bait

53 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

I did and you ducked. 

No I didn’t. You wanted to hear from some one who is triggered by her. I can’t speak for them but I treat her like any other lying climate change alarmist. With a mix of humour and contempt. This ‘triggered’ accusation appears to be the only defence you snowflakes have. Was it in the briefing papers? Anyway she is 16. In Texas you can get married at that age- as long as it is second cousin. 

2 hours ago, Gissie said:

Anxiety has been standard for the young since the beginning. The adults job usually includes trying to allay the anxiety, assholes try and inflame it with dire consequences for the sufferer. Greta has told people that it is okay to scream, yell and demand. She has also told people it is okay to be depressed and fearful. What she has not done is acted in a positive way at all. ‘You have stolen my childhood ‘. What a big fat lie.  ‘Thousands die every day’. Seems fear mongering is okay from one side but not the other.  

What, like form a committee to discuss a plan to develop a policy around discussing the issue?

Greta's message has been consistent and simple. "Hey adults, listen to the science, then do something."  Sure, she got a bit upset with the UN, perhaps because they haven't done much when their raison d'etre is to be leaders in solving global problems.  Understandable, I suppose.

Criticizing her for not being "positive".  You'll have to come up with something better than that.  Maybe try the tired old "she has handlers" bs.

7 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

No I didn’t. You wanted to hear from some one who is triggered by her. I can’t speak for them but I treat her like any other lying climate change alarmist. With a mix of humour and contempt.

This. I do wonder how many of people like d'ranger had children or had anything to do with raising children through their teenage years. Lost count of how many times I heard:

'My life is over'

'I'm going to commit suicide'

'I hate you'

'You're a fucking bitch' (to their mother)

etc etc etc

I've been pretty consistent in saying that I'm not going to take anything a 16 y/o says, regardless of sex or preferred gender, unless & until they've demonstrated high levels of competence (in something other than invective) in a chosen field, and only then when their prognostications correspond with their knowledge base.

Come on - would anyone take notice of a *footballer* on any subject outside football? OK, ok - I'll concede a lot of them have expertise in alcohol & drug abuse, misogyny, gambling and other 'action sports' ancillary activities. But on politics, economics, science or engineering? Really?

FKT

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Hole In The Kite said:

Maybe try the tired old "she has handlers" bs.

Hi You are obviously new to this tread so you may not have heard about the bridge I have for sale. Prominent location, recently painted and only one owner. Perfect for anyone who thinks this child acts alone.

PM me with an offer.