1 minute ago, bodega87 said:

Typical libtard. You think that this is "squirming". You couldn't be more incorrect; I'm more annoyed by the delay in my commute due to the UN than anything Greta will ever accomplish in her life. Add something of value, strictly trolling and downvoting is pretty sad dude. You're not even funny. 

You down voted me mate ... what?   You don't like it?

But if you do, have a chat with Fastyacht, he's a fucking expert at it.

Not sure you have noticed my count, but I don't give a fuck, clearly.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

With the greatest possible respect: this thread has zero to do with sailing and should be moved to Political Anarchy where it belongs

I find it sad that so many sailors could give a shit about the environment, if anyone should be aware of the changes that have already occurred it is us, in my many decades on the water I have seen so

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, duncan (the other one) said:

From your very own link:

There is no universal constant at which the sample size is generally considered large enough to justify use of the plug-in test. Typical rules of thumb: the sample size should be 50 observations or more.

Well, I did say that I had been a bit lazy. Nevertheless, it is so far away from the null hypothesis that is fair to say that the change is substantial.

7 minutes ago, bodega87 said:

Typical libtard. You think that this is "squirming". You couldn't be more incorrect; I'm more annoyed by the delay in my commute due to the UN than anything Greta will ever accomplish in her life. Add something of value, strictly trolling and downvoting is pretty sad dude. You're not even funny. 

Commuting, I remember commuting.  I'm having my second coffee here in the Australian country-side now, with plans to go nowhere today.  Messing with the vegetables I planted last month annoy a few Denyasauroses. 

How'm I doing?

48 minutes ago, bodega87 said:

We do as Greta says and end all fossil fuel use. World shipping comes to a halt. All US military around the world backed out and back home. People struggle to get to work ,from the most mundane to emergency services. Emergency services cease. Power outage in large portions of the population. It goes on and on and on. 

I have not heard Greta suggest anything like this. But I have seen quite a few new electric ships and plans for large container ships to go electric. That's happening largely through regular market forces.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, lasal said:
55 minutes ago, bodega87 said:

We do as Greta says and end all fossil fuel use. World shipping comes to a halt. All US military around the world backed out and back home. People struggle to get to work ,from the most mundane to emergency services. Emergency services cease. Power outage in large portions of the population. It goes on and on and on. 

I have not heard Greta suggest anything like this. But I have seen quite a few new electric ships and plans for large container ships to go electric. That's happening largely through regular market forces.

Exactly.

Fuckwits like bodega transpose the message as coming from Greta, to avoid acknowledging it is from Science.

1 minute ago, lasal said:

The inability of the trolls to read or listen for content always astounds me. Or they are just following the path of their pumpkin-headed leader and making shit up to scare people.  The crap he made up about cars the other day was amazingly ignorant.  

8 minutes ago, random said:

Commuting, I remember commuting.  I'm having my second coffee here in the Australian country-side now, with plans to go nowhere today.  Messing with the vegetables I planted last month annoy a few Denyasauroses. 

How'm I doing?

You're an atypical libtard for sure, random. So, you weren't the bloke who dragged himself out of the desert near Brisbane with a broken arm and leg? Apparently the guy tossed his cell phone into the river rather than call for help. I thought it might've been you or LB.

9 minutes ago, lasal said:

You're an atypical libtard for sure, random. So, you weren't the bloke who dragged himself out of the desert near Brisbane with a broken arm and leg? Apparently the guy tossed his cell phone into the river rather than call for help. I thought it might've been you or LB.

No, not me, and it was not the desert, closer to rain forest actually.

He just hardened the fuck up and got himself out of there, didn't want to annoy other people with shit he could handle himself.  What would you have done, cried like a little bitch and used technology scientist created to save your dumb as fuck science denying arse?

That's a classic, funni as fuck.

3 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

The inability of the trolls to read or listen for content always astounds me. Or they are just following the path of their pumpkin-headed leader and making shit up to scare people.  The crap he made up about cars the other day was amazingly ignorant.  

I don't think there's even that much trolling here. I think it's the YouTube algorithm etc pushing wild fears of C02 reduction. FastYacht is not a troll. And he sounds frugal as all get out. I just think he, along with others, fear large policies to drive major carbon reductions, like a much faster transition to renewables, will somehow mean he can't even have a shitty little car anymore. And bodega fears he won't be able to call an ambulance or get his Amazon package. Don't tell him 900 Amazon employees did the climate strike in Seattle Friday.

5 minutes ago, random said:

No, not me, and it was not the desert, closer to rain forest actually.

I he just hardened the fuck up and got himself out of there, didn't want to annoy other people with shit he could handle himself.  What would you have done, cried like a little bitch and used technology scientist created to save your dumb as fuck science denying arse?

That's a classic, funni as fuck.

Hell no. I would've thrown my cell into the river and broken a couple of my own ribs so when I laughed that would kill too. At that point I would've crawled out.

Plus, I'm not denying any science. What are you on about? I said you were an atypical libtard, not a typical libtard. That's a high compliment. You need more coffee.

7 minutes ago, bacq2bacq said:

For the last time, random:  Only fuckwits give a shit about the messenger.

Science is based on validating the data.

• If the same data comes from say the Heartland Institute funded by the Kock-up-your arse Brothers, then it's fucked, no credibility and you would get laughed out of the presentation.
  • If that same data came from calibrated instruments using trained scientists, then it's ok to report!

That's how it works.

But we could do a test.  Let's say you go out for lunch and order a nice chicken soup.  But it is delivered to you by a homeless person who came in off the street.

Same soup, different messenger.  Different outcome.

Remind me again about who is the fuckwit here?

image.thumb.png.0ac6a99706b506e6b1e2495915019a8c.png

10 minutes ago, random said:

That's how it works.

I dunno radome, but as I recall this line of thinking backfires on you re 9/11.   You lecturing me about science. :)  Reminds me of my youngest son's buddy, who loved playing the internet know-it-all and Mr. Fixit when he was about 9 or 10 years old.  I think he specialized in plumbing and cats.  A fond memory.  It was absolutely hilarious.  Thanks. 

24 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

The inability of the trolls to read or listen for content always astounds me. Or they are just following the path of their pumpkin-headed leader and making shit up to scare people.

‘Always sticking to your convictions’ sounds like a good thing – but it isn’t
September 20, 2019 - by Michael Patrick Lynch, Professor of Philosophy, University of Connecticut

Of course, people do change their minds about such things, but the connection between conviction and identity helps to explain why it is so difficult for them to do so – even when the evidence points in the other direction.

People’s convictions reflect the kind of person they aspire to be, and as a result they are ready to make all sorts of sacrifices for them – including sacrificing the facts and logic if need be.

And because it is connected to a person’s identity, giving up a conviction – even admitting it might need some improvement – feels like an act of self-betrayal and a betrayal of their tribe.

And naturally, the tribe may well agree. As a result, and as Yale psychologist Dan Kahan and his colleagues have emphasized, it can actually be pragmatically rational to end up ignoring the evidence and sticking to your convictions. No one wants to crush their self-image; nor does anyone want to be voted off the island.
[...]
People’s identities, particularly political identities, are not formed in isolation. We construct them by adopting opinions that are woven into larger cultural stories of the tribes we want to remain a part of.

And it is the nature of cultural narratives to expand – to go beyond the question of who to vote for to what kinds of cars to drive, sports to watch and coffee to drink. The stories become about who “we” are, who “they” are, why we are right and they are wrong.

As a result, opinions about questions that should be settled by empirical data – like the safety of vaccines or the effectiveness of a wall for stemming illegal immigration or the reality of climate change – end up being absorbed into a larger identity-shaping story. They become convictions and immune to evidence.

6 minutes ago, toecutter said:

Comedy hour has arrived. Do any of you alarmists have absolutely any idea what the energy density of fossil fuels are? Are they going to have plug in stations in the middle of the Pacific? What's the deal here?

Windmills and solar panels. You know it makes sense.

12 minutes ago, ProaSailor said:

Always sticking to your convictions’ sounds like a good thing – but it isn’t

Russ Roberts: "I have strong opinions, weakly held."

Frank Zappa: "A mind, like a parachute, only works when it is open."

G.K Chesterton: "Merely having an open mind is nothing.  The object of opening the mind, as of opening the mouth, is to shut it again on something solid."

[Edit to add]: Pages tidy up nicely without randumb.

12 minutes ago, toecutter said:

Comedy hour has arrived. Do any of you alarmists have absolutely any idea what the energy density of fossil fuels are? Are they going to have plug in stations in the middle of the Pacific? What's the deal here?

I know. It's hard to keep up with technology. Here's a fake video from Siemens, a fake tech company trying to take away airplanes.

5 hours ago, lasal said:

Greta is urging action to prevent Waterworld, and we should all thank her for that. (That helm station was kinda cool though.)

image.png.397a53b8f4928c153b6533db5afd9cd2.png

The fact that it was a massively expensive flop ensured that we didn't see WW2 

1 hour ago, lasal said:

“These solutions could make a massive difference, but only if we leave fossil fuels in the ground as well.” - Greta Thunberg 

13 minutes ago, bodega87 said:

“These solutions could make a massive difference, but only if we leave fossil fuels in the ground as well.” - Greta Thunberg 

She's not saying halt all oil production tomorrow. Talk about alarmist. She's saying we need to quickly slow down our 100m barrel daily consumption instead of allowing it to increase.

She's not saying halt all oil production tomorrow. Talk about alarmist. She's saying we need to quickly slow down our 100m barrel daily consumption instead of allowing it to increase.

Ah ok. Just change your interpretation of something when shown to be incorrect. Nice, nice. 

Just now, bodega87 said:

Ah ok. Just change your interpretation of something when shown to be incorrect. Nice, nice. 

Show me where Greta says end oil production tomorrow, or even this year. I'm not changing my interpretation at all, enlighten me.

Show me where Greta says end oil production tomorrow, or even this year. I'm not changing my interpretation at all, enlighten me.

"What does leaving fossil fuels in the ground" mean to you? Unless there are some rather complex combustion engines I'm not yet aware of that use underground fuels...

• Like 1
Just now, bodega87 said:

"What does leaving fossil fuels in the ground" mean to you? Unless there are some rather complex combustion engines I'm not yet aware of that use underground fuels...

It means we need to transition to renewables, for the most part, long before we are forced to because we run out of oil. (remember that fear?) Coal for instance needs to be left in the ground asap, and while that's happening anyway, as a matter of public policy we can really speed up the process.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, toecutter said:

Pathetic hour has arrived. Do you have absolutely any idea what our long term choices are?.......Fossil fuels won’t last forever... And even if they could, the pollution and environmental destruction from their increasing use won’t go away.

And your considered solution is to take the easy way out, ridicule and ignore all other possibilities and options, and use it all now, and let the problems pass on to future generations?

If sailing across the Atlantic in a sailing boat is such a distracting, wasteful, hypocritical publicity stunt, what on earth is the recent US commitment and determination to go to Mars?...apart from public funded research for the benefit and profit of private corporations, all in the name of science, which you so readily ridicule?

40 minutes ago, lasal said:

Please.  I know the trolls love to beat up the messenger, and that can change the language of the non-debate going on here but we really shouldn't let them get away with it.  As right as you are, Greta is not saying this.  She is presenting the documented science and accompanying recommendations that say we need to quickly slow down our 100m barrel daily fossil fuel consumption instead of allowing it to increase.

What she is saying - her message time and again - is that it is absurd that she - a kid - is being asked to deliver this message from those adults who have done the research to those adults who should be looking out for at least their bit of the world.  

She's right.  

• Like 2
28 minutes ago, lasal said:

It means we need to transition to renewables, for the most part, long before we are forced to because we run out of oil. (remember that fear?) Coal for instance needs to be left in the ground asap, and while that's happening anyway, as a matter of public policy we can really speed up the process.

yeh - fuck those developing nations and their desire for cheap energy eh?

energy-1a.gif

If any of these idiots were serious about removing CO2 output from energy production, they'd be advocating for Nuclear power.

• Like 5
1 hour ago, toecutter said:

Of course the real solution is a simple  S8G or similar.

Thank god Thomas cook has now failed, that should pull some serious GHG out of the atmosphere 

Now if we could just get Airbus and Boeing to collapse from bad management, we would really put a dent in all that pollution. 

34 minutes ago, toecutter said:

Actually, I do have a very good idea.

Don't buy into consumerism. It's some sweatshop worker in China or India that's burning dirty fuel by the bucket load to make the latest techno-gadget, quad bike or air con unit (a.k.a. "stuff"). He knocks off work, goes home and uses fuck all energy until work starts tomorrow. The - non battery powered - container ship and big rig then spews filth to bring you your latest order of stuff. You get in your gas guzzling SUV every weekday to drive to a job you hate because it empowers you to buy more stuff. After a few years or so, you throw your old stuff to the kerb to make way for some new stuff. The stuff thrown out on the kerb will go to landfill if you're lucky or otherwise end up in the ocean or in other (formerly) pristine environments.

If you must have stuff, buy it from some dickhead that wants it gone for no good reason. Just because old mate next door buys himself a quad bike, doesn't mean you have to. Get a horse instead. "Need" an air conditioner? Open the windows and install a fan instead.

Want a huge house? buy a cottage instead, You won't win any pissing contests with it, but you'll have a nice warm fuzzy feeling that you're doing something good for the environment in general, not just some beat up climate change claptrap.

And so on and so on.

This is actually pretty good stuff, well said.

Won't get far trying to convince people to get a horse instead of a dirt toy, but well said

What's missing from the righteous movement to reverse global warming is a bit of common sense persuasion. Lengthy beating people over the head with facts is not going to work, nor is interminable virtue-signaling sermons.

- DSK

• Like 4
38 minutes ago, toecutter said:

I can't wait. Are they going to do a bulk carrier model too? I'll keep a watch on marinetraffic to see when it arrives at my local coal loading facility so I can check it out.

You went from saying it's impossible to being an angry skeptic. That's good. Write a letter to Siemens and tell them you're pissed. Damn technology.

39 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

Please.  I know the trolls love to beat up the messenger, and that can change the language of the non-debate going on here but we really shouldn't let them get away with it.  As right as you are, Greta is not saying this.  She is presenting the documented science and accompanying recommendations that say we need to quickly slow down our 100m barrel daily fossil fuel consumption instead of allowing it to increase.

What she is saying - her message time and again - is that it is absurd that she - a kid - is being asked to deliver this message from those adults who have done the research to those adults who should be looking out for at least their bit of the world.  

She's right.  

Ok, accurate rhetorical point. But mostly I was clarifying what she wasn't saying. And, mostly I don't think there is a lot of trolling here. It's ginned up fear.

19 hours ago, LB 15 said:

There is a long history of how Nazis have used children to push their ideology.

B9D66362-6E3A-42ED-9E4B-A006B7ABDA75.jpeg

You worthless Limey fuck. You would be doing the goosestep right now If America hadn’t saved your sorry ass. 

4 minutes ago, Al Paca said:

You worthless Limey fuck. You would be doing the goosestep right now If America hadn’t saved your sorry ass. 

Yet another stupid Seppo cunt who can't recall history.

Oil, China, Japan=WWII.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, lasal said:

I know. It's hard to keep up with technology. Here's a fake video from Siemens, a fake tech company trying to take away airplanes.

Okay, I'll bite. Why does the fake ferry with snow capped mountains in the background fly the Puerto Rico flag?

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Al Paca said:

Then irony is that Greta is at the UN climate gabble right now

- the UN has de-platformed the USA - because orange man bad ?

- Greta is railing against the US, amongst others

So after the US saved Europe, they (and the Germans) are giving it to you with both fingers, and you support that.

3 hours ago, lasal said:

I don't think there's even that much trolling here. I think it's the YouTube algorithm etc pushing wild fears of C02 reduction. FastYacht is not a troll. And he sounds frugal as all get out. I just think he, along with others, fear large policies to drive major carbon reductions, like a much faster transition to renewables, will somehow mean he can't even have a shitty little car anymore. And bodega fears he won't be able to call an ambulance or get his Amazon package. Don't tell him 900 Amazon employees did the climate strike in Seattle Friday.

Nope. That's not it. I don't "fear" my shitty little car. I just don't see where you are going to make all these changes economically. I mean, let's see. The politicians in my state are pushing "renewables" while they are also in a budget disaster, can't pay for the road repairs, school stuff, tolls proposed, all sorts of dumbfuckery. But yeah, let's legislate that instead of 20c per kWH it should be 30. And what else, are we going to legislate some kind of insulation? And who will pay? I will. Or some special assessment tax. OK so I pay.

Or we just float along.

For years I've found it absolutely absurd that 99.44% of all new houses are not passive solar. That tech worked great in 1975. We added what? 60 million? I dunno. My house is 60 years old. It will be here a long time. Oh, do you want me to tear it down and build a superefficient one? OK. Give me some money....

I have yet to see any detailed concrete A to B of how this transformation happens. There's just a lot of hand-waving. Hell, I'm waving my hand. That's my point. Fuck, I sail. My moboat hasn't run in 6 years. Maybe 7. And I built the thing! What blood do I give? And who is going to get to do the bloodletting? Trump? Pocahantas?

21 minutes ago, duncan (the other one) said:

Then irony is that Greta is at the UN climate gabble right now

- the UN has de-platformed the USA - because orange man bad ?

- Greta is railing against the US, amongst others

So after the US saved Europe, they (and the Germans) are giving it to you with both fingers, and you support that.

<whatever>

2 hours ago, toecutter said:

Don't buy into consumerism. It's some sweatshop worker in China or India that's burning dirty fuel by the bucket load to make the latest techno-gadget, quad bike or air con unit (a.k.a. "stuff"). He knocks off work, goes home and uses fuck all energy until work starts tomorrow. The - non battery powered - container ship and big rig then spews filth to bring you your latest order of stuff. You get in your gas guzzling SUV every weekday to drive to a job you hate because it empowers you to buy more stuff. After a few years or so, you throw your old stuff to the kerb to make way for some new stuff. The stuff thrown out on the kerb will go to landfill if you're lucky or otherwise end up in the ocean or in other (formerly) pristine environments.

If you must have stuff, buy it from some dickhead that wants it gone for no good reason. Just because old mate next door buys himself a quad bike, doesn't mean you have to. Get a horse instead. "Need" an air conditioner? Open the windows and install a fan instead.

Want a huge house? buy a cottage instead, You won't win any pissing contests with it, but you'll have a nice warm fuzzy feeling that you're doing something good for the environment in general, not just some beat up climate change claptrap.

And so on and so on.

It's time for a deck carlin video:

21 hours ago, duncan (the other one) said:

I don't want to drag the lass down - but I feel terribly sorry for her.  She is being manipulated, and will be spat out the other end of the machine when she has served her purpose.

She is aware that people are saying this, and recently made a public statement that she is working alone.  She does not have handlers.  I have not seen any credible evidence to the contrary.  Got any?

Here is her recent statement:

As the rumours, lies and constant leaving out of well established facts continue, please share this newly updated clarification about me and my school strike.
Please help me communicate this to the grown ups who lie about me and family so that I can focus on school instead:

Recently I’ve seen many rumors circulating about me and enormous amounts of hate. This is no surprise to me. I know that since most people are not aware of the full meaning of the climate crisis (which is understandable since it has never been treated as a crisis) a school strike for the climate would seem very strange to people in general.
So let me make some things clear about my school strike.

In may 2018 I was one of the winners in a writing competition about the environment held by Svenska Dagbladet, a Swedish newspaper. I got my article published and some people contacted me, among others was Bo Thorén from Fossil Free Dalsland. He had some kind of group with people, especially youth, who wanted to do something about the climate crisis.
I had a few phone meetings with other activists. The purpose was to come up with ideas of new projects that would bring attention to the climate crisis. Bo had a few ideas of things we could do. Everything from marches to a loose idea of some kind of a school strike (that school children would do something on the schoolyards or in the classrooms). That idea was inspired by the Parkland Students, who had refused to go to school after the school shootings.
I liked the idea of a school strike. So I developed that idea and tried to get the other young people to join me, but no one was really interested. They thought that a Swedish version of the Zero Hour march was going to have a bigger impact. So I went on planning the school strike all by myself and after that I didn’t participate in any more meetings.

When I told my parents about my plans they weren’t very fond of it. They did not support the idea of school striking and they said that if I were to do this I would have to do it completely by myself and with no support from them.
On the 20 of august I sat down outside the Swedish Parliament. I handed out fliers with a long list of facts about the climate crisis and explanations on why I was striking. The first thing I did was to post on Twitter and Instagram what I was doing and it soon went viral. Then journalists and newspapers started to come. A Swedish entrepreneur and business man active in the climate movement, Ingmar Rentzhog, was among the first to arrive. He spoke with me and took pictures that he posted on Facebook. That was the first time I had ever met or spoken with him. I had not communicated or encountered with him ever before.

Many people love to spread rumors saying that I have people ”behind me” or that I’m being ”paid” or ”used” to do what I’m doing. But there is no one ”behind” me except for myself. My parents were as far from climate activists as possible before I made them aware of the situation.
I am not part of any organization. I sometimes support and cooperate with several NGOs that work with the climate and environment. But I am absolutely independent and I only represent myself. And I do what I do completely for free, I have not received any money or any promise of future payments in any form at all. And nor has anyone linked to me or my family done so.
And of course it will stay this way. I have not met one single climate activist who is fighting for the climate for money. That idea is completely absurd.
Furthermore I only travel with permission from my school and my parents pay for tickets and accommodations.

My family has written a book together about our family and how me and my sister Beata have influenced my parents way of thinking and seeing the world, especially when it comes to the climate. And about our diagnoses.
That book was due to be released in May. But since there was a major disagreement with the book company, we ended up changing to a new publisher and so the book was released in august instead.
Before the book was released my parents made it clear that their possible profits from the book ”Scener ur hjärtat” will be going to 8 different charities working with environment, children with diagnoses and animal rights.

And yes, I write my own speeches. But since I know that what I say is going to reach many, many people I often ask for input. I also have a few scientists that I frequently ask for help on how to express certain complicated matters. I want everything to be absolutely correct so that I don’t spread incorrect facts, or things that can be misunderstood.

Some people mock me for my diagnosis. But Asperger is not a disease, it’s a gift. People also say that since I have Asperger I couldn’t possibly have put myself in this position. But that’s exactly why I did this. Because if I would have been ”normal” and social I would have organized myself in an organisation, or started an organisation by myself. But since I am not that good at socializing I did this instead. I was so frustrated that nothing was being done about the climate crisis and I felt like I had to do something, anything. And sometimes NOT doing things - like just sitting down outside the parliament - speaks much louder than doing things. Just like a whisper sometimes is louder than shouting.

Also there is one complaint that I ”sound and write like an adult”. And to that I can only say; don’t you think that a 16-year old can speak for herself? There’s also some people who say that I oversimplify things. For example when I say that "the climate crisis is a black and white issue”, ”we need to stop the emissions of greenhouse gases” and ”I want you to panic”. But that I only say because it’s true. Yes, the climate crisis is the most complex issue that we have ever faced and it’s going to take everything from our part to ”stop it”. But the solution is black and white; we need to stop the emissions of greenhouse gases.
Because either we limit the warming to 1,5 degrees C over pre industrial levels, or we don’t. Either we reach a tipping point where we start a chain reaction with events way beyond human control, or we don’t. Either we go on as a civilization, or we don’t. There are no gray areas when it comes to survival.
And when I say that I want you to panic I mean that we need to treat the crisis as a crisis. When your house is on fire you don’t sit down and talk about how nice you can rebuild it once you put out the fire. If your house is on fire you run outside and make sure that everyone is out while you call the fire department. That requires some level of panic.

There is one other argument that I can’t do anything about. And that is the fact that I’m ”just a child and we shouldn’t be listening to children.” But that is easily fixed - just start to listen to the rock solid science instead. Because if everyone listened to the scientists and the facts that I constantly refer to - then no one would have to listen to me or any of the other hundreds of thousands of school children on strike for the climate across the world. Then we could all go back to school.
I am just a messenger, and yet I get all this hate. I am not saying anything new, I am just saying what scientists have repeatedly said for decades. And I agree with you, I’m too young to do this. We children shouldn’t have to do this. But since almost no one is doing anything, and our very future is at risk, we feel like we have to continue.

And if you have any other concern or doubt about me, then you can listen to my TED talk ( https://www.ted.com/…/greta_thunberg_the_disarming_…/up-next ), in which I talk about how my interest for the climate and environment began.

And thank you everyone for your kind support! It brings me hope.
/Greta

Ps I was briefly a youth advisor for the board of the non profit foundation “We don’t have time”. It turns out they used my name as part of another branch of their organisation that is a start up business. They have admitted clearly that they did so without the knowledge of me or my family. I no longer have any connection to “We don’t have time”. Nor does anyone in my family. They have deeply apologised for what has happened and I have accepted their apology.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Yes ignore those philistines that don’t drink at the fountain of Facebook. Repent ye non believers as judgment day is coming!

Repent!

Fate has created a new messiah, a child that has come from the frozen north to save the world from the evil  merchants. But a child that carries the word of truth and in her gentle hands she holds the holy grail - the global temperature remote, and by her fame she shall turn back the hoard of Locusts, calm the ever increasing tempests and hold back the sea from covering the earth.

Repent now for your sins as Saint Greta of Ikea speaks the truth! The end time cometh.

The rapture has begun! Those that come to hear the word of The Greta, and gather to pay homage in town squares shall rise up above the rising waters, borne aloft by their superiority and only the fruit of their loins shall inherit the earth!

Repent!

The Child warrior princess with the eyes of the shark can silence the sinners with her steady gave.

Repent and hear the word of Saint Greta!

amen.

Sad, perhaps pathetic attempt at sarcasm.  Greta's message isn't about Greta at all.  I'm pretty sure she'd rather not be doing what she is doing, having worked with a lot of kids with Aspergers.  LB, I used to like some of your invective, but now I think you are bordering on an attention whore.  Ignorant, too, if you actually believe the stuff you are writing. 

Yep, you can see how LB can't fucking handle her.  He, like the rest of the 30 years-out-of-date dumb cunts, deliberately spin it around to making it about Greta.

If they paid attention, they would have seen her on more than one occasion say she wants people to listen to Scientists, not her.  But that's scary for high school drop outs, and it seems lying cunts.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, random said:

Holy fuck.

The more I see the deniers here in total meltdown, the more impressed and hopeful I am that Greta really has started the fightback.

image.png.fe2dc8a49a35eb943149ddb6ad8aefe7.png

Do you realise that a lot of the anti-Greta brigade are not deniers....

4 minutes ago, hoppy said:

Do you realise that a lot of the anti-Greta brigade are not deniers....

What I do realise is that a lot of deniers pretend not to be ... to build a barely credible platform to discredit Greta?

Or is it that a lot of dumb fuck low education level males just can't fucking stand a female telling them anything?

How am I doing?

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

This says a lot about her self important, self-entitled arrogant...  

She looks like she expects Trump to talk to her.

eed291a8d3963df7593c3599cefa7071e147e5d3

*note* I think Trump is a complete fuckwit and hope he gets dumped at the next election. 

*note 2* I accept climate change science and I do worry for my 2 year daughter's future. I also worry about how Greta's generation and how millennials are fucking up society. What's the point of having a carbon neutral society with no jobs whilst China, India and others are probably polluting even more to produce the stuff we can't because of the Greta's of the world.

In my view Australia should still export coal, because other countries are still going to use it and we could use the money. We should look at shutting down our old coal power plants, partly through renewables, modern more efficient coal plants (as an easy medium turn solution) and Nuclear. But the Greta's will go "no to nuclear". 

• Downvote 1
9 minutes ago, random said:

What I do realise is that a lot of deniers pretend not to be ... to build a barely credible platform to discredit Greta?

Or is it that a lot of dumb fuck low education level males just can't fucking stand a female telling them anything?

How am I doing?

wouldn't matter if she was a school boy. 

8 hours ago, bodega87 said:

1) Thats what they've been saying for 50 years? Longer? 

2) Ok, you rethink that while your enemies watch you get weaker by the day and just pick a simple time to pick you off. (yes, they exisit even if you don't realize)

3) Theres examples in this thread of doctored evidence from Gov't organizations and you deny that? I don't think many if any people say that the planet is not changing, just saying that the doomsday shit is well, shit. 

This must be self deprecating humour.

The "deniers" have created an industry dedicated to doctoring evidence. Blog owners are being paid by pro oil think tanks to peddle misleading information.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Panoramix said:

This must be self deprecating humour.

The "deniers" have created an industry dedicated to doctoring evidence. Blog owners are being paid by pro oil think tanks to peddle misleading information.

are the deniers the same people who believe in conspiracy theories and that the world is 7,000 or something years old?

16 minutes ago, hoppy said:
27 minutes ago, random said:

Oh and I forgot to add,

Is it that a lot of dumb fuck low education level males just can't fucking stand anyone  a furiner telling them anything?

You tell us, you dumb fuck 

It's good that you ask for help, an excellent start.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Sidecar said:

Pathetic hour has arrived. Do you have absolutely any idea what our long term choices are?.......Fossil fuels won’t last forever... And even if they could, the pollution and environmental destruction from their increasing use won’t go away.

And your considered solution is to take the easy way out, ridicule and ignore all other possibilities and options, and use it all now, and let the problems pass on to future generations?

If sailing across the Atlantic in a sailing boat is such a distracting, wasteful, hypocritical publicity stunt, what on earth is the recent US commitment and determination to go to Mars?...apart from public funded research for the benefit and profit of private corporations, all in the name of science, which you so readily ridicule?

6 hours ago, toecutter said:

And so on and so on.

A classic evasive and distracting reply....

That said, most of what you say I agree with and try to practice..... Plus I:

catch all my own rainwater

generate PV power surplus to needs

dispose of all my own sewage and nearly all my refuse on site

grow most of my own fruit and veg (could go entirely self sufficient if I had to), grow my own lambs and eggs

can catch my own fish, forage  my own oysters, mussels and scallops

can sail to Hobart on a yacht with Auxiliary PV powered electric propulsion and won’t need a car if/when the shit hits the fan In my lifetime..

@toecutter what are you personally doing, apart from procrastinate and prevaricate?

it doesn’t matter who is right or wrong or for what reason regarding climate change. Accept that the global perpetual growth model is ponzi and our use of resources and the pollution and environmental destruction that goes with it is unsustainable. What was the old saying? ....Hope for the best, prepare for the worst? The longer real action is avoided, the more difficult and painful it will be for us all and still much worse for our grandchildren.....

And it was a child who stood up and said “The Emperor has no clothes” and we all know what’s the Emperor did.....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor's_New_Clothes

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, Sidecar said:

grow most of my own fruit and veg (could go entirely self sufficient if I had to), grow my own lambs and eggs

can sail to Hobart on a yacht with Auxiliary PV powered electric propulsion and won’t need a car if/when the shit hits the fan In my lifetime..

@toecutter what are you personally doing, apart from procrastinate and prevaricate?

it doesn’t matter who is right or wrong or for what reason regarding climate change. Accept that the global perpetual growth model is ponzi and our use of resources and the pollution and environmental destruction that goes with it is unsustainable. What was the old saying? ....Hope for the best, prepare for the worst? The longer real action is avoided, the more difficult and painful it will be for us all and still much worse for our grandchildren.....

And it was a child who stood up and said “The Emperor has no clothes” and we all know what’s the Emperor did.....

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Emperor's_New_Clothes

you gotta love all of these "My dick is bigger" posts.

How are you all trying to impress? You are all way to old for Greta to the point that it's creepy

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, hoppy said:

Random likes conspiracy theories but he accepts climate science

The same people who crafted the official story for 9/11, now say that Climate Change is Chinese plot,

Join the fucking dots.  I have science on my side in both arguments.

14 minutes ago, hoppy said:

Random likes conspiracy theories but he accepts climate science

Ohh that's right he's a troll and likes to be a chameleon to suit...

OK, so rather than discussing you've decided to "shoot the messenger". This is a well known fallacious argument, in my experience people using fallacious arguments do so because they know that their position is indefensible on its own merits.

3 hours ago, Sidecar said:

Yeah yeah yeah - so can I. And I built my own house, barn and boat including sewing my own sails. Most of the timber I used, I cut & milled off of my own land.

And - just like you - most of my grid power is hydro and therefore 'green' (in addition to PV power). We'll overlook the minor detail that none of those dams would get built these days, though.

So what. Just meaningless virtue-signaling. Nano scale, less than noise level.

FKT

• Like 2
3 hours ago, Panoramix said:

OK, so rather than discussing you've decided to "shoot the messenger". This is a well known fallacious argument, in my experience people using fallacious arguments do so because they know that their position is indefensible on its own merits.

Random is a "messenger" how should be shot at every chance.

4 hours ago, Sidecar said:

so you're basically using way more land, in quite a destructive fashion, than 90% of the world's population in order to live.

What do you think would happen if the world's almost 8B people returned to subsistence farming, as you suggest you can do?

How long will those foraged shellfish last with all the other locals stripping them for food?

5 hours ago, Sidecar said:

So you live in a remote part of Tassy and have no city water and burn your garbage. Congrats on being Captain Planet. Your virtue signaling skills need work. 

27 minutes ago, random said:

He knew better than to talk to her, he would have been sckooled big time.

no argument there.

But she might as well "school" a brick wall because Trump wouldn't give a flying fuck about what she said and chances are it will sound to him like blah, blah, blah...

Trump will be more interested in "saving the planet" if someone was to tell him it can be done in a way that creates jobs, huge profits for companies and some how creates the possibility for new golf courses and resorts. 

Looks like Greta's mummy could have been a bit of a pisshead

768353951_WhatsAppImage2019-09-24at22_28_26.thumb.jpeg.e282f7ed0d38c8644cfd94e0a6d20849.jpeg

What is Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder?

Fetal alcohol spectrum disorder (FASD) refers to the range of problems caused by prenatal exposure to alcohol (exposure to alcohol during pregnancy).

If a woman drinks alcohol while she is pregnant, the alcohol crosses the placenta from her blood into the baby’s bloodstream and the baby is exposed to similar concentrations of alcohol as the mother.

The effects of alcohol on a fetus include: 

• harm to the development of the fetal nervous system, including the brain 
  • under-nourishment of the growing baby 
  • in some cases, triggering of changes in the development of the baby’s face, resulting in certain facial features.

Babies severely affected by FASD are at risk of dying before they are born. 

Not all babies exposed to alcohol develop FASD. The risk of harm to the fetus is highest when prenatal exposure to alcohol occurs regularly or due to frequent binge drinking.

Diagnosis of FASD

An accurate diagnosis of FASD is important. It can help provide appropriate care for the child and prevent FASD happening again in any later pregnancy.

The three main features used to make a diagnosis of FASD are:

1. significant problems with learning and behaviour
  2. certain facial features that are known to be associated with FASD
  3. a history of prenatal alcohol exposure.

Facial features that may be associated with FASD include:

• short horizontal length of the eye opening, from the inner corner to the outer corner of the eye
  • a smooth philtrum (the usually ridged area of skin between the upper lip and the nose) 
  • a thin upper lip.

Learning and behavioural problems may include:

• learning difficulties
  • memory problems
  • impulsiveness
  • limited attention span, ease of distraction or hyperactivity
  • difficulty relating actions to consequences
  • difficulty following instructions (but able to repeat them verbally)
  • difficulty with abstract thinking – such as about mathematics, money or time 
  • slow cognitive processing (thinking)
  • difficulty with social relationships

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/fetal-alcohol-spectrum-disorder-fasd

• Downvote 6
5 hours ago, Sidecar said:

It's much simpler than that. We (humans) are merely deer in a park with no wolves.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, duncan (the other one) said:

Sorry, you were right.

Greta's mummy is a "famous" Swedish opera singer (also did Eurovision) and daddy an author/actor. I believe the grand daddy was famous as well. When you compare Greta to her parents its clear something is not right. Clearly it's FASD and not genetics that gave her looks.

Mummy and daddy are using Greta to rekindle their fame in Sweden and probably to give her a career because mummy's drinking ensured Greta can't follow the family into the arts.

Totally used

svante-thunberg-wife-malena-ernman-daugh

Fucking irresponsible parents.

• Downvote 1
17 minutes ago, hoppy said:

Sorry, you were right.

Greta's mummy is a "famous" Swedish opera singer (also did Eurovision) and daddy an author/actor. I believe the grand daddy was famous as well. When you compare Greta to her parents its clear something is not right. Clearly it's FASD and not genetics that gave her looks.

Mummy and daddy are using Greta to rekindle their fame in Sweden and probably to give her a career because mummy's drinking ensured Greta can't follow the family into the arts.

Totally used

svante-thunberg-wife-malena-ernman-daugh

Fucking irresponsible parents.

you're a fucking dipshit, you should stop speaking.

• Like 6

It seems that her younger sister has ADHD, Aspergers & misoponia. Probably FASD as well. 

The mother seems fucked in the head, so no wonder 

8aef49d1-f347-4e8d-a691-59800486df27?fit

Greta is it seems marketing the family book to earn money

Our House is on Fire

Scenes of a Family and a Planet in Crisis

The internationally-bestselling, uplifting story of a family who embrace their daughter's differences and help her change the world.

Every parent says that they would jump in front of a train to save their child. It's an instinct that no one denies. But when that 'train' finally arrives, it is very seldom a real, speeding locomotive . . .

This is the story of a family led to confront a crisis they had never foreseen. Aged eleven, their eldest daughter has stopped eating and speaking. Alongside diagnoses of autism and selective mutism, her parents slowly become aware of another source for her distress: her imperilled future on a rapidly heating planet.

Steered by her determination to understand the truth, the family begins to see the deep connections between their own and the planet's suffering. Against forces that try to silence them, disparaging them for being different, they discover ways to strengthen, heal, and act in the world. And then one day, fifteen-year-old Greta decides to go on strike.

• Downvote 1