A question for anti-Trump Americans

I know there are more than a few folks here who want the Dotard replaced in 2020 - by basically anyone who can fog a mirror. Having said that, what have you done to defeat Trump so far and what do you plan to do in the next year plus a bit? We could be talking money, knocking on doors, registering voters, whatever - you tell me.

• Like 1

At the last mid-terms, and in the future, I will never ever consider voting for any R candidate. No matter what. And here in CA there are some reasonable true conservative candidates, hard workers for the public good, from time to time, who have hobbled themselves with the R label. Not going to happen. Polarized for good, I am.

That and my bumper stickers...probably should do more.

Bumper - 1.jpg

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, garuda3 said:

I feel that trmp will have some kinda mental break dow on 4/23/2020, but if not see how the dems fair and who's running then put all time and $$$ ,to beat him, if he still alive !

April 23, 2020 is ...

• 114th day of the year. There are then 252 days left in 2020.
  • 17th Thursday of 2020.
  • on the 17th week of 2020 (using US standard week number calculation).
  • 35th day of Spring. There are 59 days left till Summer.
  • Birthstone for this day: Diamond and Crystal

April 23, Zodiac Sign

Taurus

April 23, 2020 Popular Holidays & Observances Worldwide

24 minutes ago, garuda3 said:

I feel that trmp will have some kinda mental break dow on 4/23/2020, but if not see how the dems fair and who's running then put all time and $$$ ,to beat him, if he still alive !

Our resident elk will say that that's a fine example of his out of the box thinking.

I'll campaign in Arizona.

11 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:

Well, certainly won't be voting republican.

Or democrat, for that matter. Both smell to high hell.

That is EXACTLY how he got elected and if he wins again you will be one of the ones who put him there. This is not the time to play the "both sides suck" game.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, justsomeguy! said:

I have my principles. I don't understand others' rationales regarding the duopoly.

Yes. Protesting the duopoly can be a reasonable and principled action. However desperate times demand more pragmatic action.

• Like 1
44 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:

"Pragmatic" does not preclude principles.

Maybe this is a "pragmatic" way to look at it: Consider that the gov't you're going to get is like a restaurant with 2 menu items. Fish or pizza. You are going to get one or the other.

You might as well vote for the one you hate least. Hassling the waitress that you want a fuckin' cheeseburger and you're an AMERICAN goddammit! will not yield any result other than increasing the likelihood that you will get the one you dislike more than the other.

To the OP: I helped register voters and put in a short shift driving a voter's mini bus. At one point there was a group of Republican trying to prevent people from getting off my bus and I told them that they were too close to the polling place. When they wanted to cuss and scream at me too, I started taking photos of them at which point they departed.

I have no idea how the people I helped voted. The odds are that at least 1/4 of them voted for pollution and treason ie Republican. But more is better, it can't hurt to get more people voting.

- DSK

• Like 1

Yeah, not voting for the duopoly - it's the perfect plan to enable one to criticize everything without actually doing anything.  In fact, why bother voting? Just don't and say you did. There is no viable 3rd party and hasn't been in my life time and I have tried. They attract the fringes who can pat themselves on the back about being better.

#winning

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Maybe this is a "pragmatic" way to look at it: Consider that the gov't you're going to get is like a restaurant with 2 menu items. Fish or pizza. You are going to get one or the other.

You might as well vote for the one you hate least. Hassling the waitress that you want a fuckin' cheeseburger and you're an AMERICAN goddammit! will not yield any result other than increasing the likelihood that you will get the one you dislike more than the other.

To the OP: I helped register voters and put in a short shift driving a voter's mini bus. At one point there was a group of Republican trying to prevent people from getting off my bus and I told them that they were too close to the polling place. When they wanted to cuss and scream at me too, I started taking photos of them at which point they departed.

I have no idea how the people I helped voted. The odds are that at least 1/4 of them voted for pollution and treason ie Republican. But more is better, it can't hurt to get more people voting.

- DSK

Most here have one menu choice because I can already tell them today which way their state's electoral votes will go in 2020.

Given that, why bother voting for someone you dislike?

As for me, the whole "you must like dead kids" story line that TeamD tells about me doesn't really motivate me to vote for them. Makes me find them pretty repellent, actually. TeamR says almost the same thing but are still hung up on drug prohibition, not gun prohibition, so they tell me I must like stoned kids. Pretty repellent to me too. So screw 'em both.

2 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Yeah, not voting for the duopoly - it's the perfect plan to enable one to criticize everything without actually doing anything.  In fact, why bother voting? Just don't and say you did.

Two reasons I can think of, one real and one silly.

1. There are state and local issues unrelated to the Presidential contest that garners all the attention. My main motivation for going out to vote last time around was the cannabis ballot initiative.

2. I like to get the extra sticker and wear my version for the day.

ivetoed.jpg

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I know there are more than a few folks here who want the Dotard replaced in 2020 - by basically anyone who can fog a mirror. Having said that, what have you done to defeat Trump so far and what do you plan to do in the next year plus a bit? We could be talking money, knocking on doors, registering voters, whatever - you tell me.

Last time around, I collected signatures for a better cannabis ballot initiative than the one we wound up with, which I voted for anyway.

My friends at FL CAN will probably enlist me to do something similar this time around.

Also, I do what I can to promote whale fucking.

1 hour ago, Ease the sheet. said:

If you're not prepared to vote for Trump, why would you not use your vote to cancel out those votes that are for him?

At least then youre doing something to prevent his re-election.

Because to do so would be supporting another candidate he finds unacceptable.

The WORST people were not the ones that voted for Trump. If you want a mentally challenged semi-literate Russian stooge to sit in the oval office flinging boogers, well this is America and you can vote for one :rolleyes:

The "we aren't voting, they were mean to Bernie, we hate the duopoly" crowd really need to roast in hell slowly with salt rubbed into their burns for ever and ever :angry:
"

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

The WORST people were not the ones that voted for Trump. If you want a mentally challenged semi-literate Russian stooge to sit in the oval office flinging boogers, well this is America and you can vote for one :rolleyes:

The "we aren't voting, they were mean to Bernie, we hate the duopoly" crowd really need to roast in hell slowly with salt rubbed into their burns for ever and ever :angry:
"

Don't worry, whichever party ends up in power is going to send them to the camps

- DSK

5 hours ago, justsomeguy! said:

mmmmmmmmmmmmmNo.

Well it worked out so well last time.

Imagine being on an airplane that is out of gas. I ask you if you want to land in a nice flat cornfield over to the left that will be bumpy but survivable or an old growth forest with nice thick trees that will destroy the airplane and likely kill us to the right.  I am doing ONE or the OTHER. You start jumping and down going NO NO NO I am NOT VOTING I want to land at BWI not some shitty field or shitty forest NO NO NO VOTE GO AWAY NOT VOTING. Also note the plane has around half a load of suicidal idiots who are convinced trees are their friends. Explaining that we are not going to get to BWI, not happening, is lost on you. When you die in the forest you can be proud of your principles I guess :rolleyes:

• Like 4

We have donated hundred$ to the ACLU, more to Clean Water Action, smaller amounts to the Southern Poverty Law Center and then there are donations to individual Democrat candidates. I’ve joined local Dem town council candidates stumping in my neighborhood. 

All in response to Trump

Edit: actually, I’ve been giving to CWA for a decade or more

6 minutes ago, phillysailor said:

We have donated hundred$ to the ACLU, more to Clean Water Action, smaller amounts to the Southern Poverty Law Center and then there are donations to individual Democrat candidates. I’ve joined local Dem town council candidates stumping in my neighborhood. 

All in response to Trump

And now there's a lot of news about the ongoing ecological disaster which may sway a lot of people. 30% drop in bird population, growing 'dead zones' in coastal waters along with toxic algae blooms, etc etc.

And most Republicans in office... there are a few exceptions but damn few... who are quite happy to brag about how they're stripping enviro regs and kneecapping enforcement. They won't ever get the memo.

- DSK

12 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

That is EXACTLY how he got elected and if he wins again you will be one of the ones who put him there. This is not the time to play the "both sides suck" game.

So Kent - when, in your opinion, *IS* the right time to let ALL the  incumbent assholes know that they suck?    

• Like 1

Trump came in as an outsider and took over the GOP. In 2015 they were still humiliated by the failure of neo-conservatism and searching for a new philosophy, let alone new policies. He was not a Republican politician in any sense of the word. They did not give him their podium - he took it from them.

If you want to stop the bad orange man, you have to take the podium away from these obnoxious feminists and dumb ass communists. Their creepy mix of man-hating feminism, globalist communism and radical islam is actively repulsing working men.

You don't have to put up a conservative or anything. I'm not going to tell you that the only way to beat the orange man is to become the orange man - You just have to put up a real liberal.

26 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

So Kent - when, in your opinion, *IS* the right time to let ALL the  incumbent assholes know that they suck?    

If either one of these conditions are true for a presidential election.

1. Your state is so far in the bag for the R or D candidate that it doesn't matter how you vote. Frequently the case in Maryland.

2 The R and D candidate are both good enough it won't be a total disaster if one beats the other or vice versa. Equally good, equally mediocre, same old same old, meet the new boss, etc.

Neither of these things are true this time unless the Democrats dig up Pol Pot and reanimate his corpse :rolleyes:

Also the perpetual third party fail is to try and win the presidency. Not gonna happen. No one wants, for one example, Bernie Sanders the Social Democrat who has exactly no one in his party but himself, which is why he tries to pretend to be a Democrat so he can get some votes. The Social Democrats, Green Party, and everyone else needs to build from the bottom UP, not the top DOWN. (imho)

As far as booting incumbents go, isn't the primary where you do that? Voting for a Green or Libertarian or anything else but Democrat in THIS election is voting for Trump and is NOT telling anyone he sucks. This is not the time to make a statement, it is time to get him OUT.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

I vote. Didn't vote for Trump last election (also not for Hillary either) but I will make sure to vote for an intelligent candidate who opposed the current Clown in Chief.

20 minutes ago, shubrook said:

Trump came in as an outsider and took over the GOP. In 2015 they were still humiliated by the failure of neo-conservatism and searching for a new philosophy, let alone new policies. He was not a Republican politician in any sense of the word. They did not give him their podium - he took it from them.

If you want to stop the bad orange man, you have to take the podium away from these obnoxious feminists and dumb ass communists. Their creepy mix of man-hating feminism, globalist communism and radical islam is actively repulsing working men.

You don't have to put up a conservative or anything. I'm not going to tell you that the only way to beat the orange man is to become the orange man - You just have to put up a real liberal.

Their radical islam? Do tell.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, another 505 sailor said:

Their radical islam? Do tell.

then there's this ridiculous bullshit:

https://www.redstate.com/bonchie/2019/04/17/new-rashida-tlaib-hosted-literal-terrorist-supporter-mid-april/

If you want to share power with awful people like this, you shouldn't be surprised when Americans don't trust you with any power.

Down here in GOD's waiting room , lots of Dotards  ,and there problably vote for IT!, 

You keep hearing our next generation will fix the world problems, Well there here,  look at the 16 year that Sailed across the Altantic , for the fight on climate change Look at the studends taking to the streets for safe schools (gun control) , Listen to them before you vote .

On the current POTUS , he preaches hatre, pollution, and everything for allmighty dollar, I would like for once hear something truthful come out, of his mouth ,Never happen,

reminds of the scorpion and frog story , from Crying Game, it's in his genes

2 minutes ago, garuda3 said:

Down here in GOD's waiting room , lots of Dotards  ,and there problably vote for IT!, 

You keep hearing our next generation will fix the world problems, Well there here,  look at the 16 year that Sailed across the Altantic , for the fight on climate change Look at the studends taking to the streets for safe schools (gun control) , Listen to them before you vote .

On the current POTUS , he preaches hatre, pollution, and everything for allmighty dollar, I would like for once and something truthful would come out, Never happen,

Greta is a puppet. Her mother, Marlena Ernman, is the activist. Their money comes from the ONE foundation and the Open Society.

ThunbergMum-300x158.jpg

It's awful that they are using kids this way.

18 minutes ago, shubrook said:

Greta is a puppet. Her mother, Marlena Ernman, is the activist. Their money comes from the ONE foundation and the Open Society.

ThunbergMum-300x158.jpg

Guess you went to the Epstein/ Trump child care center in Margot-logo

28 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

You don't live in Minnesota, why do you give a fuck?

It's actually a great illustration of the vacuity of the righties like chum. They love spewing hate about Omar but can't be bothered to recruit a decent candidate to run against her. There's the grifting shoplifter and what maybe - the my pillow guy? That's your party I guess.

Nobody would want to live in Omar's district. The Democrats want to import more people like her.

That's why we give a fuck. Democrats cant even bring themselves to say that importing these people is a bad thing! They are hand wringing about "we need more police". 

Anyone not saying that under no circumstances will they be voting for trump...  will be voting for Trump again. They are just waiting to hear what the official reason will be, for voting against the other person running on a major party ticket. That will not happen until there is a nomination, or at least a solid frontrunner.  At the moment that is Biden, and The Party Boys are already pushing the narrative for voting against him. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, garuda3 said:

On the current POTUS , he preaches hatre, pollution, and everything for allmighty dollar, I would like for once hear something truthful come out, of his mouth ,Never happen,

I don't intend to detract from this young woman's accomplishments - but your post provides an opportunity to ask a question: What exactly did she do to fight climate change?  What temperature delta will result from her efforts?   Platitudes and awareness are all well and good, but, they don't address the problem.  Students taking to the streets?   Again - it's good to see kids getting involved, but, what is going to change as a result?   

My point is that if you really want to address the problems, then you need to have well informed, intelligent people with sufficient resources working towards changes that will perform an objective analysis to identify the causal factors impacting whatever problem they are addressing.  ALL are needed - resources alone, analysis alone, intelligent people w/a good plan alone, those won't fix anything - nor will protests, slogans and signs.  

1 minute ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

My point is that if you really want to address the problems, then you need to have well informed, intelligent people with sufficient resources working towards changes that will perform an objective analysis to identify the causal factors impacting whatever problem they are addressing.  ALL are needed - resources alone, analysis alone, intelligent people w/a good plan alone, those won't fix anything - nor will protests, slogans and signs.  

That's sort of the thesis of Jared Diamond's Collapse. Since the impacts of addressing environmental change fall on specific people but the benefits are diffuse it's difficult to get any consensus on acting. Until it's too late. A good book if depressingly prescient.

The duopoly sucks. Money ..BIG MONEY is behind each party and they really are not all that much different 

all that really matters in the 2020 election has to do with whether or not Don Trump gets to continue to act as the POTUS. 

To that end, voters will only have two choices:

a. Vote to let Trump continue

b. Vote for whoever the Democrats nominate 

facts: we are not going to end the control of the duopoly before November 2020. The only legally available path to Trump’s  removal is a vote for whoever is the democrat nominee. Any other vote is, “It is OK with me if he continues.”

Failing to vote is, “It is  OK with me if he continues.”

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, learningJ24 said:

That's sort of the thesis of Jared Diamond's Collapse. Since the impacts of addressing environmental change fall on specific people but the benefits are diffuse it's difficult to get any consensus on acting. Until it's too late. A good book if depressingly prescient.

I'm not familiar with that - I'm adding it to the kindle for this weekend's reading.  Appreciate the pointer! 

1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I don't intend to detract from this young woman's accomplishments - but your post provides an opportunity to ask a question: What exactly did she do to fight climate change?  What temperature delta will result from her efforts?   Platitudes and awareness are all well and good, but, they don't address the problem.  Students taking to the streets?   Again - it's good to see kids getting involved, but, what is going to change as a result?   

I agree , But until we get the MORON out of the WH , we're heading for a sick polluted planet for our children and grand children,                                                                         I bet the golden one is really pissed that a 16 year old GIRL, can get bigger crowds then he could, LMAO.

Another interesting fact some American Billionare also care about the planet, Bezos , Gates ..........                                                                                                                                      also parts of the country ( much the dismay of  DT's hair ) are switching to wind power, Block Island !

48 minutes ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I'm not familiar with that - I'm adding it to the kindle for this weekend's reading.  Appreciate the pointer! 

An excellent and terrifying book

Basically, when faced with systemic collapse, the elites game the system to make sure they starve last. There is never consensus to fix anything until it is far too late.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Nothing will be done to significantly alter the climate change trajectory unless and until the People demand it. That’s what Greta’s campaign is all about. Ignorance and apathy go hand in hand. 

15 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

- DSK

I kid you not, but I was with a french guy in a london steakhouse last week. He wanted a Ribeye and Rice (WTF?)

"but we don't have rice"

"but I want rice, so I order rice"

"but, sir, we don't have rice. Would you like fries?"

"you don't understand, my stomach is sensitive and I want rice (he ordered a fucking ribeye!). I can't eat fries"

???

I'm guessing she spit on the ribeye

7 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

"

Can you please expound on that some more?

5 hours ago, shubrook said:

ThunbergMum-300x158.jpg

stfu you zombie, don't project your profound character flaw of petty, moronic ambivalence towards the very world that sustains your ungrateful ass. that girl is no 'puppet', she's a severe moralist who strongly cares about what she preaches.

she's not a simple dumbfuck like righty-tards like you, her values and priorities are in good order.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
2 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

I hear what you are saying, but I would argue that students taking to the streets in the '60's and '70's helped shorten the Vietnam war, helped fight (to a not big enough extent) racial inequality, drastically reduced pollution and saved the whales.

The first step is always to raise awareness.  Her and generation z are letting the powers that be know that climate change is important to them.  The astute amongst them will realize that these kids are nearing voting age, where their collective voice will have a larger say.  It is also an influential part of their lives, and may influence decisions on what they do after high school.

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Can you please expound on that some more?

The spoiled twits had a tantrum and delivered us into the clutches of a profoundly dangerous person.

Oh - maybe you meant the salt! I would use rock salt, sea salt, iodized salt, pepper, hot peppers, really hot peppers, and throw on the occasional jellyfish.

23 minutes ago, kent_island_sailor said:

The spoiled twits had a tantrum and delivered us into the clutches of a profoundly dangerous person.

Oh - maybe you meant the salt! I would use rock salt, sea salt, iodized salt, pepper, hot peppers, really hot peppers, and throw on the occasional jellyfish.

And ants. Fire ants, preferably.

1 hour ago, Shootist Jeff said:

Sure it is.  In fact it is the perfect time to play that game.  BECAUSE both sides DO in fact suck.  If we're ever going to break the duopoly hold on this cuntry, then it needs to be recognized that there has to be an alternative.  Burning this bitch down is one sure way to get us there.

Deliberately destroying your country is the definition of "treason."

I'm interested in the possibility of you making a post that does not include the word "Republican".  

In your mind "republican" = Baba Yaga.  

No, to me Republican = traitor, as you personify yourself

After all, think how much you'll enjoy the wailing and whining of those goddam faggot libby-rulls when President-For-Life Ivanka Trump marches them all to the salt mines.

- DSK

• Downvote 1

Sure it is.  In fact it is the perfect time to play that game.  BECAUSE both sides DO in fact suck.  If we're ever going to break the duopoly hold on this cuntry, then it needs to be recognized that there has to be an alternative.  Burning this bitch down is one sure way to get us there.

Tom, what have you done with Jeff?

If the Republicans are sent packing en masse, I can well see them fading into obscurity and a new right wing party rising to replace them. There is NFW some collection of third parties is going to take over in 2020 and voting for them is like seeing your house on fire, getting a hose, and squirting it on the house 3 doors down on the other side of the street :rolleyes:

9 hours ago, phillysailor said:

We have donated hundred$ to the ACLU, more to Clean Water Action, smaller amounts to the Southern Poverty Law Center

Glad to hear you support the NRA/ACLU conglomerate!

As for the Poverty Palace, you know that they're experts on haters in the "takes one to know one" sense, right?

8 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:
8 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

1. Your state is so far in the bag for the R or D candidate that it doesn't matter how you vote. Frequently the case in Maryland.

2 The R and D candidate are both good enough it won't be a total disaster if one beats the other or vice versa. Equally good, equally mediocre, same old same old, meet the new boss, etc.

Neither of these things are true this time unless the Democrats dig up Pol Pot and reanimate his corpse

What? Number 1 is true for lots of Americans every election. I don't see how this upcoming one will be any different.

8 hours ago, shubrook said:

Tell me more about these man-hating feminist radical islamists. Because those two things really don't often go together. But please, educate us.

48 minutes ago, Hypercapnic Tom said:
9 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Neither of these things are true this time unless the Democrats dig up Pol Pot and reanimate his corpse

What? Number 1 is true for lots of Americans every election. I don't see how this upcoming one will be any different.

And you know what?

It's not a real thing to say "a state is so far in the bag for either R or D." The states and all districts are going to put out results determined by the voters. Predictions are just guesses based on what happened last time.

That's why we vote.

- DSK

9 hours ago, shubrook said:

Has it occurred to you that 'working men' are only a minority of the electorate. Take out the non-white working men who do not have a problem voting for Dems, and intelligent working men who also vote Dem and you are left with a small, angry rump (notice it rhymes with 'Trump). Donald is a particular flavour of populist and history, from Mussolini, to Chavez, to Berlusconi, tell us that populists have their day in the sun but end up in ignominy (or hanging from a lamp post - they must have had sturdy lamp posts, he was a sturdy lad, not unlike the current POTUS).

15 hours ago, Ease the sheet. said:

If you're not prepared to vote for Trump, why would you not use your vote to cancel out those votes that are for him?

At least then youre doing something to prevent his re-election.

You are suggesting people pick Burnie or "Handy"Joe over trump. Look in the mirror and repeat that. Better yet, video it, it will go viral:lol:

1 hour ago, Nice! said:

Tell me more about these man-hating feminist radical islamists. Because those two things really don't often go together. But please, educate us.

I know, right? You'd think you would have to pick one group.

The women's March a couple years ago, where the pink pussy hat made it's debut, was organized by Linda sarsour, a radical islamist.

There's also Farrakhan, tlaib and everyone's favorite: "Omar".

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vox.com/platform/amp/identities/2018/12/21/18145176/feminism-womens-march-2018-2019-farrakhan-intersectionality

6 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Has it occurred to you that 'working men' are only a minority of the electorate. Take out the non-white working men who do not have a problem voting for Dems, and intelligent working men who also vote Dem and you are left with a small, angry rump (notice it rhymes with 'Trump). Donald is a particular flavour of populist and history, from Mussolini, to Chavez, to Berlusconi, tell us that populists have their day in the sun but end up in ignominy (or hanging from a lamp post - they must have had sturdy lamp posts, he was a sturdy lad, not unlike the current POTUS).

"Fuck the working man"

-Biden 2020. I lt's a bold strategy. Pitch it to the DNC, they will love it.

1 hour ago, Steam Flyer said:
2 hours ago, Hypercapnic Tom said:
10 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

And you know what?

It's not a real thing to say "a state is so far in the bag for either R or D." The states and all districts are going to put out results determined by the voters. Predictions are just guesses based on what happened last time.

That's why we vote.

- DSK

Wanna bet on it? I do. There are some states I'm ready to call today.

1 hour ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Sturdy lad can almost be rearranged to spell Turdsy lard.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shubrook said:

"Fuck the working man"

-Biden 2020. I lt's a bold strategy. Pitch it to the DNC, they will love it.

Care to respond to my actual message? The Dems will say what they think is best and 'working men' will have to make a decision yay or nay..

16 minutes ago, Hypercapnic Tom said:
2 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

That's why we vote.

Wanna bet on it? I do. There are some states I'm ready to call today.

What I mean is that there is no underlying principle... other than of course a lot of people will just pull that "R" lever automatically because it's what Jesus and/or their libertarian principles demand of them... making some areas red and others blue.

But dirt doesn't vote. The laws of physics make the sun rise in the east every day, there is no such regular principle behind why states election returns might be predictable.

It requires that people think about what they're doing, so yeah the odds are high that predictable patterns will repeat.

- DSK

1 hour ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Care to respond to my actual message? The Dems will say what they think is best and 'working men' will have to make a decision yay or nay..

That was exactly your message. You seem to think you can win without this group. Good luck to you.

8 hours ago, garuda3 said:

I agree , But until we get the MORON out of the WH , we're heading for a sick polluted planet for our children and grand children,                                                                       

Oh PUH-LEESE!  Do you honestly think one guy is going to change the course of the global climate trajectory in the next 5 years one way or the other?  We've globally known about this for decades now and what have we globally done about it?  Pretty much fuck all.  And as much as I liked Obama's stance on GW and the environment, he didn't budge the needle on the planet getting warmer in his 8 years in office.  

I believe in the climate change science, I'm ALL for doing something, I'm ALL for awareness, etc.  But saying the chances of addressing GW long term is dead if cheeto shitstain gets re-elected is the sort of exaggerated rhetorical nonsense that loses the climate change folks any sort of respect and credibility.  

The reality is the US and Europe could go completely Green and it wouldn't make fuck all difference to the problem.  Unless you get the worst emitters in the shitholes like China and India to stop emitting as well, Its going to continue unabated.  And while we rush headlong into trying to crush our economy trying to go "green" suddenly - China and India will laugh and thank us and continue emitting GHGs.  

But sure, let's blame it all on one guy.  He really must be more powerful than I gave him credit for.  

9 hours ago, A guy in the Chesapeake said:

Agree.  And while we're on the subject of climate change and global warming.... while I appreciate her passion, I personally think people Greta potentially could hurt the ability to seek and agree on real solutions.  

Think about what message she sends to the world by sailing her specially designed, very expensive sailboat across the atlantic to attend a meeting because she won't use air travel anymore because of the carbon footprint.  Are the masses REALLY going to go back to tall sailing ships and months at sea to get to a business meeting or go on vacay as a way to fight climate change?  Unlikely, obviously.  But essentially that's what she's portraying.  Yes, that may be just her personal choice, like eating vegan tofu "chicken" or "beef" is a personal choice for some.  But the fact is if enough other people across the globe doesn't adopt those same personal choices, nothing is going to change.  

14 hours ago, shubrook said:

I thought you had posted the most moronic crap you were capable of long ago.

It appears I was wrong.

You are actively repulsing all intelligent people who read your ranting idiocy.