Rugby World Cup

On 10/12/2019 at 4:54 AM, PaulinVictoria said:

I hope the Scotland v Japan game goes ahead, if it doesn't we'll never hear the end of the skirt wearers bleating on about how they were cruelly kicked out of the world cup by a typhoon, instead of by being shit at rugby.

Exactly this.  A face saving opportunity served on a silver platter. :lol:

7 minutes ago, furr_ball said:

those skirt wearers beat Australia last time they were down under in 2017

and then walloped the wallabies at Murrayfield later in 2017

now the wallabies......they are working out every way to lose so far.....

Wallabies have been playing like shite for some time now. Can’t see them progressing past England or France. Hope the home team beat the skirt wearers they’ve come a long way in their skill level.

1 hour ago, mad said:

Exactly this.  A face saving opportunity served on a silver platter. :lol:

Or maybe not this time, game back on, time for Scotland to prove their point. 

2 minutes ago, The Main Man said:

Well played JPN, thoroughly deserved. For a moment I thought we were going to do it in that second half but it wasn’t to be. Bugger.

My favourite underdog team of the tournament, hate to say it, but I was cheering them for a win. 

Really happy for Japan.  Well deserved.  Great for their local fans as well that their home team is still in it and going great.  Japan vs RSA wow.

4 really great match ups on the 19th/20th.  Really looking forward to it.

Fingers crossed for NZ.

Quarter Finals:

ENG V AUS England should win, but I am sure Australia will not make it easy

NZ v IRE This should be a win at a relative canter win for NZ

Wales v FRA I think that Wales will win, but it depends on which French team turn up - the one that beat ARG or the one that almost lost to Tonga.

JAP v RSA On paper, RSA should win, but JAP will thrown everything at them and with such fervent support they may well win.  RSA will NOT be underestimating them this time around.  Logical side says RSA, emotional side says JAP.

On 10/14/2019 at 11:38 AM, Tunnel Rat said:

Quarter Finals:

ENG V AUS England should win, but I am sure Australia will not make it easy and Chieka will say it was a loss they had to have... 

1 hour ago, Navig8tor said:

Kudos to the Japanese,  the scoeboard (26-3 to the boks) did not truely reflect the intense game they played, I think had they played either Wales or France tonight they would have won.

Japan should win the prize for the most entertaining rugby of the tournament in my opinion. 

• Like 2

A lot of silence going on here.

I think that the two best teams in the competition are meeting in semi-final 1.  I think England can beat the All Blacks.  I hope it comes to pass, but it is going to be one hell of a match.  I expect the winner of this match to go on and win the final.

The second semi final, I think that Wales will get bull-dozed by the Springboks.  I don't think Wales can compete physically and they have not shown the attacking skills to overcome that.  However with Kolbe out they may have a better chance. A 50% possibility of rain will help the Welsh. 

Watched the game in a pub in Brighton, one of the few down under people present was interesting. The AB’s looked very below par with England deserving the win, the AB’s appeared to struggle with the game and England beat them at their own game of defence. Sorry to see them out of contention but I pity the team that will play against them for the minor placings

11 hours ago, mad said:

And your pick for tomorrow?? :P

Please let it be Wales. It was hard enough having to cheer for the Kiwis yesterday but if SA win I will need to review my ‘I support the wallabies and any team playing England’ policy. Can’t see anyone stopping you soap dodgers. You can put the World Cup in that cabinet that the ashes were once in. 

• Like 3

Watching the Kiwis destroy the Irish had me a bit worried before the opening 90 seconds of yesterday's game!

What a match!

The ref was totally on the ball with his 'no try' calls, too. 

Hope to see an all-UK final. I'm behind Wales today! (the ORIGINAL sheep-shaggers)

As an added bonus, i watched the game with the family through some dodgy online streaming site here in the UAE, which meant regular ads for Russian prostitutes to explain to my son..!

• Like 1
10 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Please let it be Wales. It was hard enough having to cheer for the Kiwis yesterday but if SA win I will need to review my ‘I support the wallabies and any team playing England’ policy. Can’t see anyone stopping you soap dodgers. You can put the World Cup in that cabinet that the ashes were once in. 

It can go next to the cricket World Cup...

• Like 1
13 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Not having a good World Cup, are you?

Go Bokke

• Like 2
12 hours ago, The Main Man said:

It can go next to the cricket World Cup...

In fact it can go next to the ashes. Remember you Poms don’t like to hand over the trophy even when you lose it. Can we at least have Eddy Jones back after he wins you the World Cup? 

7 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

When I was at the sailing club yesterday evening, I heard there was some big game that just happened where a bunch of men spent most of it with their heads between each other's ass cheeks and their hands gripping the other guys ballsack.  And then they would run about 3 yds, fall down, get back up and stick their heads up under the other guys ass cheek, grab his junk and do it all over again.  Is that a sport in the Commonwealth?  Not sure what that level of gayness is all about.  NTTAWWT.  

The game was invented and developed at upper-crust English public schools.  Those boys are well accustomed to some hearty brutal homosexuality long before they start playing the game.

48 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

In fact it can go next to the ashes. Remember you Poms don’t like to hand over the trophy even when you lose it. Can we at least have Eddy Jones back after he wins you the World Cup? 

Crack on mate, Scotland crashed out ages ago so have to support my quarter English...:(

8 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

When I was at the sailing club yesterday evening, I heard there was some big game that just happened where a bunch of men spent most of it with their heads between each other's ass cheeks and their hands gripping the other guys ballsack.  And then they would run about 3 yds, fall down, get back up and stick their heads up under the other guys ass cheek, grab his junk and do it all over again.  Is that a sport in the Commonwealth?  Not sure what that level of gayness is all about.  NTTAWWT.  

As opposed to playing games that last for hours and the players look like the stay puff marshmallow man.

• Like 2
21 minutes ago, The Main Man said:

Crack on mate, Scotland crashed out ages ago so have to support my quarter English...:(

I am quarter English as well but that didn't stop me cheering for Tonga when they demolished the British lions League team over the weekend. The Lions have an Aussie coach as well. Maybe we need to 'Brexit' from the Commonwealth and build a wall to keep our coaches from leaving. 

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Search Results

Featured snippet from the web

image.jpeg.d44874f4f36b65324a476f89dd93e93c.jpeg
Jones' contract, which pays him £750,000 a year, with the RFU finishes in 2021, although it does contain a break clause after the World Cup.19 Sep 2019

Doesn’t seem likely,....what about Steve Hansen? He’s available.    :P

50 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

For this those you who are more knowledgeable...  does South Africa have a shot at it? 

Of course they do........I wouldn't advise putting money on them, but they have a shot at it, unlike New Zealand, Australia, Wales, US, Ireland................

• Like 2
Just now, Tunnel Rat said:

Of course they do........I wouldn't advise putting money on them, but they have a shot at it, unlike New Zealand, Australia, Wales, US, Ireland................

Don't forget Scotland, they lost that shot at it a long time ago now!

51 minutes ago, nacradriver said:

For this those you who are more knowledgeable...  does South Africa have a shot at it? 

No but I haven't got one right the entire regatta.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, mad said:

Doesn’t seem likely,....what about Steve Hansen? He’s available.    :P

What about this bloke...as if Rugby Australia could afford him.

Image result for Wayne bennett coach of england

22 hours ago, Shootist Jeff said:

so, short-bus pads, helmets & TV ads aside.........

Baseball = Rounders, played by Primary / Elementary School kids everywhere else in the world

Basketball = Netball, played by girls

Lacrosse = an all-girls school stalwart of the UK.

WWE = homo-erotic full-contact Glee Club

NASCAR = just the left-handed part of motor-racing. Left AND Right is just too much for Bubba

10 pin bowling = sport?

Cornhole = say. no. more....!!

NTTAWWT!

ha!

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Derek Grebe said:

so, short-bus pads, helmets & TV ads aside.........

Baseball = Rounders, played by Primary / Elementary School kids everywhere else in the world

Basketball = Netball, played by girls

Lacrosse = an all-girls school stalwart of the UK.

WWE = homo-erotic full-contact Glee Club

NASCAR = just the left-handed part of motor-racing. Left AND Right is just too much for Bubba

10 pin bowling = sport?

Cornhole = say. no. more....!!

NTTAWWT!

ha!

Got a causal interest in this as I played some school boy rugby in HS and some club rugby after that....  agree with much of what you said, but I gave the rugby up to focus on racing Moto - X....  more of a physical ass kicker...

• Like 1
10 hours ago, mad said:

Wrong code mate.

I know but at this level the players don’t need technical coaching they need a motivator. Bennet is the best mentor in either code. Both Alan and Eddie Jones are the same. 

Wait- actually the wallabies do need some coaching in passing, catching and tackling.

like the under 12 c’s

17 hours ago, Dorado said:

Those big Boor farm boys really don't like the English very much. Still holding a grudge I guess. 

Correct spelling is Boer, and if they do hold a grudge it is for a good reason, Google ‘British concentration camps’ for more info.

We have a few historic facts in our favour, we haven’t lost a  RWC final yet, in fact we beat the Brits in our last final appearance, we win every 12 years, and at the end of the day finals rugby tends to be a more boring defensive game, which should suit our style of  playing. As has been mentioned above, you have to be in it to win it, so half the battle is already won, looking forward to the big game, whatever the result we will have a few beers and enjoy some boerewors on the braai after the game!

12 minutes ago, Major Tom said:

Correct spelling is Boer, and if they do hold a grudge it is for a good reason, Google ‘British concentration camps’ for more info.

Learned little bit about that when I was there.... the British were some major pricks...

38 minutes ago, 167149 said:

from NZ,...... well done jaapies .... you fucking earned that.... fuck the soap dodgers

Couldn't have said it better meself

I'm absurdly pleased with that result

It's half past midnight. A glorious clear starry night - I'm off to bed

....... and mumsie's feeling frisky.......

• Like 1
10 hours ago, DtM said:

So LB is tipping the Poms (should be the death knell for them). But I have to agree with him (much as I don't want to).

Perfect tournament for me - didn’t pick one game. Still suck shit England- the Boks smashed ya.

1 hour ago, Major Tom said:

Asked and answered!

Glad to see all those Rand I spent in the Marketplace on jerseys and hats for my mates after a couple bottles of wine are not going to waste...  Enjoy the victory..

• Like 1