Iran: Ready for "Any Scenario" with US

Well, it looks like the guy who likes to start fight he sends someone else has to finish has done it again. 

Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guard is ready for combat and "any scenario," its chief commander said Saturday, as the country's nuclear deal with world powers collapses and the U.S. alleged Iran was behind a weekend attack on major oil sites in Saudi Arabia that shook global energy markets.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/irans-guard-ready-scenario-amid-us-standoff-65765933

They’d like to think so, but I’d anticipate a quick and spectacularly destructive opening followed by low grade conflict and then desultory strikes of opportunity. 

Civilian losses would be where the battle is won or lost. In Iran, in the straights and in Israel. 

Best not to play. Get the Cheeto genius out of the way and settle this with intelligent statecraft. Trump is untrustworthy and unreliable: I’m not sure he could ever negotiate effectively on behalf of America after this most recent foreign policy scandal. 

Anyone who thinks he can is a partisan robot.

No matter the identity or party of the President, the Best Americans must have their money from the war machine. 

Could we not just ask them what they are entitled to for this endeavor and just give them their entitlement without fucking the world up and killing a bunch of people to accomplish it?

• Like 1

War with Iran is a foolhardy exercise in futility. When the first bomb falls, you will see a barrage of missiles hit Saudi Arabia and Israel, igniting those armies in a war that will damage any chance of future peace and permanently wrecking our economy. Only an idiot travels down that highway.

another multi Trillion dollar ( debt) war that will last for years and kill many americans, When are ever going to learn,

This is what Trump said in 2014

Donald Trump insisted that Saudi Arabia “fight their own wars” — or “pay us an absolute fortune to protect them.” But that was in 2014, when Barack Obama was president.

before his dementia set in 

6 hours ago, badlatitude said:

War with Iran is a foolhardy exercise in futility. When the first bomb falls, you will see a barrage of missiles hit Saudi Arabia and Israel, igniting those armies in a war that will damage any chance of future peace and permanently wrecking our economy. Only an idiot travels down that highway.

Unfortunately, we have a primo idiot for POTUS. I think we could randomly choose any of the righties on PA, even the really dumb ones (I won't mention names but you know who I mean) and they would do a better job than Donald.

11 minutes ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Unfortunately, we have a primo idiot for POTUS. I think we could randomly choose any of the righties on PA, even the really dumb ones (I won't mention names but you know who I mean) and they would do a better job than Donald.

I can’t recall who said the worst person to Have an argument with is a stupid person who thinks they are smart. That simple truth is proved here daily. It is also evident in potus, who is easily the most dangerous man on earth. It is one thing to blow up the government, another thing to blow up the earth. I wish our friends could see the simple truth of that.

Remember..... Pence and his "Christian" friends are waiting for the final battle in the middle east... The one that will end life as we know it on earth, and elevate the chosen to that higher plane to which they aspire....

2 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

What kind of moron carries loose currency in their hip pocket?

It looks photoshopped to me.  Trump's a neat freak.  And you know he'd never carry 20s.  Has to be at least 100s to show how rich he is.

14 minutes ago, Jules said:

It looks photoshopped to me.  Trump's a neat freak.  And you know he'd never carry 20s.  Has to be at least 100s to show how rich he is.

Don't be silly. He has those doled out to him every day by the SS so that he can tip strippers, and lap dancers.

8 hours ago, Jules said:

Well, it looks like the guy who likes to start fight he sends someone else has to finish has done it again. 

Iran's powerful Revolutionary Guard is ready for combat and "any scenario," its chief commander said Saturday, as the country's nuclear deal with world powers collapses and the U.S. alleged Iran was behind a weekend attack on major oil sites in Saudi Arabia that shook global energy markets.

https://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/irans-guard-ready-scenario-amid-us-standoff-65765933

Who have we sent to fight in Iran?  Did we move the troops out of Syria?

So far it looks like more sanctions.

Do you guys really fear Trump so much that you would side with Iran?

8 minutes ago, Saorsa said:

I don't fear Trump, but I've always thought Persian culture was exceptional.

Trump is an idiot. Ruhani may be an idiot. Trump's followers are idiots. Ruhani's followers may be idiots.

I still think that Persia (Iran) has contributed more to the good of the world than the USA has at this point....... Of course, they have thousands of years of head start on their side.....

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Bristol-Cruiser said:

Pretty well anyone capable of fogging a mirror and no blatant psychological problems would be better than Trump.

53 minutes ago, Mrleft8 said:

I still think that Persia (Iran) has contributed more to the good of the world than the USA has at this point....... Of course, they have thousands of years of head start on their side.....

They contributed a large number of extraordinarily beautiful women to the North Shore here.

2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Trump is an idiot. Ruhani may be an idiot. Trump's followers are idiots. Ruhani's followers may be idiots.

For sure more than SA.  I’ve always said we’d have been (much) better off having good relations with Iran rather than SA.

2 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Please don't quote soreass.  He isn't worth it.  For instance, who here said they sided with Iran?  Just another straw man.

4 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Remember..... Pence and his "Christian" friends are waiting for the final battle in the middle east... The one that will end life as we know it on earth, and elevate the chosen to that higher plane to which they aspire....

The Pompeo guy said as much.  Scary talk coming from the secretary of state. 

3 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

That was pretty much pre-islamist.

There was quite a lot fo good that came out of the middle east before religion took hold.  Those clear desert skies and a need to navigate deserts led to a lot of the fundamentals of math and astronomy.

Of course, now that the capitalists have provided free GPS and 'apps' nobody gives a shit about the sky anymore.

Ohhh, wait, THERE'S CO2 IN IT, SOMEBODY DOOOO   SOOOMMMMMMETHINNNNNGGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11 hours ago, badlatitude said:

Surely the Pentagon is telling the idiots in the White House, with little charts, that war with Iran would be different than our embarrassments in unarmed Iraq and hopelessly weak Afghanistan. Iran actually has weapons and a huge organized army. The real thing. Israel would be toast, for certain, and would then retaliate with nuclear weapons. Whole different level of game.

I cannot figure out how Iran came to be our enemy. Puzzled since 1980's. 

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, bridhb said:

The Pompeo guy said as much.  Scary talk coming from the secretary of state. 

Scary talk comes from all quarters

Religion

MN public school board chairwoman: Evolution is outdated because ‘it was discovered in the 1800s’

image.thumb.png.a1d87b19a6d06dce5ba4ce9885828251.png

During a board meeting that included a presentation on the biology curriculum to be taught at a local high school, the chairwoman of the Brainerd school board questioned the validity of teaching evolution, suggesting that it’s an outdated theory that’s incompatible with Christian beliefs.

According to the Star Tribune, Sue Kern spoke up during the meeting, saying she had a “question about evolution.”

“You know, Darwin’s theory was done in the mid-1800s and it’s never been proven,” she said. “So I’m wondering why we’re still teaching it.”

When district staff who gave the presentation pointed out to Kern that Darwin’s theory of evolution has only gotten stronger as time has gone on, she wondered about those whose religious beliefs reject evolution. “How do you tell them?” Kern asked.

“This is science, and science doesn’t deal with a belief system,” Brainerd science teacher Craig Rezac shot back. “We deal with facts.”

“It doesn’t have to be a dilemma or a concern with someone to choose between evolution or Christianity,” he added. “You can actually embrace both.”

https://deadstate.org/mn-public-school-board-chairwoman-evolution-was-discovered-in-the-1800s-so-why-still-teach-it/?fbclid=IwAR1jGsKgCISl-qZ2SH6ECPbtedimtgE3_BrXlj_qo7-pEEuTCn52Zg0C-xg

5 hours ago, El Boracho said:

Surely the Pentagon is telling the idiots in the White House, with little charts, that war with Iran would be different than our embarrassments in unarmed Iraq and hopelessly weak Afghanistan. Iran actually has weapons and a huge organized army. The real thing. Israel would be toast, for certain, and would then retaliate with nuclear weapons. Whole different level of game.

+1

6 hours ago, El Boracho said:

Because they overthrew our chosen strongman.  Can't have that!

I know there's reasons but everything I've ever heard suggests Iran would be a better ally in the region than Saudi Arabia but we sort of picked our side in the 50's and are stuck with it until we get a president who's willing to buck the duopoly and change the paradigm.

At the end of WWII America understood that it was futile to invade Japan.  So rather than just be happy that they all went home so they could be firebombed relentlessly, they committed a different kind of war crime an nuked them, not once, but twice.

Since then they seem to have never won a war by invasion, in the end they always get their arse's kicked out, whether that be in Vietnam or Afghanistan, the result is the same.  The people who live there, win.

Good luck with Iran.

1 hour ago, random said:

At the end of WWII America understood that it was futile to invade Japan.  So rather than just be happy that they all went home so they could be firebombed relentlessly, they committed a different kind of war crime an nuked them, not once, but twice.

Since then they seem to have never won a war by invasion, in the end they always get their arse's kicked out, whether that be in Vietnam or Afghanistan, the result is the same.  The people who live there, win.

Good luck with Iran.

So, the lesson to be taken from that is, just destroy all the infrastructure, shoot all the leadership cadre for 'war crimes', tell the survivors you'll come back if they don't mind their manners, and go home.

That should work a lot better......

FKT

13 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

So, the lesson to be taken from that is, just destroy all the infrastructure, shoot all the leadership cadre for 'war crimes', tell the survivors you'll come back if they don't mind their manners, and go home.

That should work a lot better......

FKT

No the lesson is to don't go there, it will end badly for you.

Hunter S. Thompson > Quotes > Quotable Quote

Hunter S. Thompson

“We have become a Nazi monster in the eyes of the whole world—a nation of bullies and bastards who would rather kill than live peacefully. We are not just Whores for power and oil, but killer whores with hate and fear in our hearts. We are human scum, and that is how history will judge us. . . . No redeeming social value. Just whores. Get out of our way, or we’ll kill you.

A better quote from Thompson.

"We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and—in spite of True Romance magazines—we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely—at least, not all the time—but essentially, and finally, alone.

This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.”

1 minute ago, Saorsa said:

A better quote from Thompson.

"We are all alone, born alone, die alone, and—in spite of True Romance magazines—we shall all someday look back on our lives and see that, in spite of our company, we were alone the whole way. I do not say lonely—at least, not all the time—but essentially, and finally, alone.

This is what makes your self-respect so important, and I don't see how you can respect yourself if you must look in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness.”

I guess that's why the quote and Thompsons work is mostly about "look(ing) in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness."

Let's have a quote fight!

15 hours ago, Saorsa said:

Silly me.  It's not like sabre rattling ever led to anything bad.  Just leave things to the Great Negotiator.  What could go wrong?

• Like 1
4 hours ago, random said:

I guess that's why the quote and Thompsons work is mostly about "look(ing) in the hearts and minds of others for your happiness."

Let's have a quote fight!

Not sure about his entire oeuvre but that kind of realization tends to come with age.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2019 at 12:18 PM, El Boracho said:

On this topic, I noticed something interesting today.

Consider the itinerary of Stennis:

05Mar2019, transited the Strait of Singapore
06Mar-12Mar2019, Indian Ocean
13Nar-21Mar2019, North Arabian Sea
22Mar2019, transited the Strait of Hormuz
23Mar2019, Arabian Gulf
24Mar-27Mar2019, Khalifa Bin Salman Port, Bahrain
28Mar-07Apr2019, Arabian Gulf
08Apr2019, transited the Strait of Hormuz
08Apr-12Apr2019, North Arabian Sea
13Apr2019, transited the Bab el-Mandeb Strait
14Apr-19Apr2019, Red Sea
20Apr2019, transited the Suez Canal
21Apr-26Apr2019, Med
27Apr-30Apr2019, Marseille, France

Hmm. This is very standard for a carrier strike group visit to the Arabian Gulf.

What about its replacement Lincoln?

20Apr-22Apr2019, Med
23Apr2019, transited the Strait of Sicily
23Apr-08May2019, Med
09May2019, transited the Suez Canal
09May-11May2019, Red Sea
12May2019, transited the Bab el-Mandeb Strait
12May-10Jun2019, North Arabian Sea
11Jun-13Jun2019, Duqm, Oman
14Jun-21Jul2019, North Arabian Sea
22Jul-26Jul2019, Duqm, Oman
27Jul-30Aug2019, North Arabian Sea
31Aug-07Sep2019, Duqm, Oman
08Sep-01Oct2019, North Arabian Sea

Well.

For all that talk about Iran's missiles being rubbish, it seems that someone is pretty concerned about their ability to dictate who uses the Gulf.

References:

https://news.usni.org/category/fleet-tracker

http://www.gonavy.jp/CVLocation.html