• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah I remember seeing that video...middle of the Southern Ocean, blowing a fucking gale, the barely 100 pound woman puts on three layers of foul weather gear and two lifejackets so when she climbs th

How dare you attack this young lady in such a viciously personal, nasty and condescending manner, when all she has done is remind you of your duty to Save Humanity Through Central Economic Planning an

Awww, someone not hoppy? Doesn't it suck that the fucking PC culture won't recognize the superiority of manly men who can ridicule and demean a young girl who is speaking out for something she passion

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, P_Wop said:

OK, going back to the old idiom.  Juvenile delightful - Jenny Agutter in The Riddle Of The Sands.

Image result for jenny agutter boat

image.jpeg

My all time fav movie and book. A few Herr Grimms around here as well.

• Like 2
19 hours ago, duncan (the other one) said:

Because Hoppy got shafted..

GARBO_Greta_120.jpg

Wait. Did the Hopster get flicked? If he did that is a bit harsh. He can be a bit of a dill at times but all he did was repost some shit from other sites. 

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Wait. Did the Hopster get flicked? If he did that is a bit harsh. He can be a bit of a dill at times but all he did was repost some shit from other sites. 

Awww, someone not hoppy? Doesn't it suck that the fucking PC culture won't recognize the superiority of manly men who can ridicule and demean a young girl who is speaking out for something she passionately believes in? Obviously the world sucks, amaright?

edit: I have no idea if I had any input into whatever or if anything happened to hoppy but I reported him. In the PA almost anything goes, in this forum? Sheesh, I mean real people come here and what gets posted reflects on our community.  There was  a line crossed and that was not acceptable to me, nor anyone that isn't a misogynistic right wing nutjob (aka manly man).  So there. I never write or say anything anywhere that I would say to your or anyone elses face. Anyone coming to Houston PM and we can prove it. Probably have to have a drink or pint or two first but then it's on.

• Like 5
  • Downvote 4
5 hours ago, d'ranger said:

Awww, someone not hoppy? Doesn't it suck that the fucking PC culture won't recognize the superiority of manly men who can ridicule and demean a young girl who is speaking out for something she passionately believes in? Obviously the world sucks, amaright?

edit: I have no idea if I had any input into whatever or if anything happened to hoppy but I reported him. In the PA almost anything goes, in this forum? Sheesh, I mean real people come here and what gets posted reflects on our community.  There was  a line crossed and that was not acceptable to me, nor anyone that isn't a misogynistic right wing nutjob (aka manly man).  So there. I never write or say anything anywhere that I would say to your or anyone elses face. Anyone coming to Houston PM and we can prove it. Probably have to have a drink or pint or two first but then it's on.

typical lefty - censorship is the base response.

• Like 4
  • Downvote 1

Wow! It’s getting all PA in here again. 

On a side note, Is it true that the boat Greta sailed over on was flown back to Europe? If so, that wasn’t very classy of her group to eat up all that carbon.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sail4beer said:

On a side note, Is it true that the boat Greta sailed over on was flown back to Europe? If so, that wasn’t very classy of her group to eat up all that carbon.

Yes, but in an environmentally friendly air balloon. 

• Like 3
37 minutes ago, footlong said:

We could make a fortune making a Halloween mask of this.

Who put a chip on your shoulder?  Don't like the reminder that you don't really need the 6 litre turbo engine in the car(s), 2 houses and 3 long haul holidays a year?

She might be making some points close to the bone for many of us, but it doesn't make her wrong.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, European Bloke said:

Who put a chip on your shoulder?  Don't like the reminder that you don't really need the 6 litre turbo engine in the car(s), 2 houses and 3 long haul holidays a year?

She might be making some points close to the bone for many of us, but it doesn't make her wrong.

I'm not knocking her or anything she says, I'm just saying that would be a popular mask.  Lighten up Francis

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
14 minutes ago, European Bloke said:

Worth noting that only Eurpins have the luxury of 3 weeks of long haul holidays a year. Most Americans get 2 weeks or less and over 50% of vacation time is not utilized for fear of losing job.

1 hour ago, footlong said:

We could make a fortune making a Halloween mask of this.

I believe she's autistic.  Very high functioning I would say and is doing more at her age than most of us have accomplished in our lives.

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

Really?

That's a sad sad commentary on the achievements of ordinary people.

It is and it's true.  When was the last time you presented on stage to an audience at a UN related event or sailed across the Atlantic on a high performance boat or received world wide news coverage for something, (actually two things) you've done?

29 minutes ago, RobbieB said:

It is and it's true.  When was the last time you presented on stage to an audience at a UN related event or sailed across the Atlantic on a high performance boat or received world wide news coverage for something, (actually two things) you've done?

So fame and attentiongetting is more valuable than *real* contributions to the well-being of society? I've done orders of magnitude more worthwhile things than she has. I suspect you have too. Raising children into adulthood for one. Producing meaningful engineering for real things that move thousands of real people to real places every single day. Engineering real things that have been, ironically, used for climate research.

Do you not contribute in a worthy way through your daily job?

Heck, I've *raced* across the Atlantic--not just sailed as a passenger!

Work I have done *has* appeared in international news coverage--in a good light.

I would certainly hope you would consider your own achievements somewhat more profound than attentiongetting to a fawning pc audience.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

How dare you attack this young lady in such a viciously personal, nasty and condescending manner, when all she has done is remind you of your duty to Save Humanity Through Central Economic Planning and Malthusian-Based Population Control?  Surely, your hysterical overreaction is due to the negligibly small size of your manly primary sexual characteristics, your male fragility, and your keen sense that even on its best day, your semi-upright, throbbing, stinky Yanmar 1GM powering your Macpherson 26 inboard conversion is no match for the three 454's dangling down off the back of the local speed boats.   

Any man who ridicules a fine, mentally fit, politically middle-of-the-road, well-acculturated and genteel young lady in this sort of way, doesn't deserve the title of "man", man, and if you have a problem with that you can drive to D.C. in your First Gen Prius, drink a couple chardonnay's with me in a bar with lots of plants, and then we will have it out in truly manly fashion, which I am so manly that I cannot mention the methods by which we will settle our differences in this forum, because to mention these methods would impoverish my manhood and cast aspersions on my manliness, which is truly estimable, so people say anyhow.  While it is a trifle impolitic, I challenge you in this way only because I am infallibly classy, and I never permit myself to draft karmic checks that my buttocks cannot render into negotiable instruments. 

• Like 9
51 minutes ago, Lex Teredo said:

How dare you attack this young lady in such a viciously personal, nasty and condescending manner, when all she has done is remind you of your duty to Save Humanity Through Central Economic Planning and Malthusian-Based Population Control?  Surely, your hysterical overreaction is due to the negligibly small size of your manly primary sexual characteristics, your male fragility, and your keen sense that even on its best day, your semi-upright, throbbing, stinky Yanmar 1GM powering your Macpherson 26 inboard conversion is no match for the three 454's dangling down off the back of the local speed boats.   

Any man who ridicules a fine, mentally fit, politically middle-of-the-road, well-acculturated and genteel young lady in this sort of way, doesn't deserve the title of "man", man, and if you have a problem with that you can drive to D.C. in your First Gen Prius, drink a couple chardonnay's with me in a bar with lots of plants, and then we will have it out in truly manly fashion, which I am so manly that I cannot mention the methods by which we will settle our differences in this forum, because to mention these methods would impoverish my manhood and cast aspersions on my manliness, which is truly estimable, so people say anyhow.  While it is a trifle impolitic, I challenge you in this way only because I am infallibly classy, and I never permit myself to draft karmic checks that my buttocks cannot render into negotiable instruments. 

I didn’t attack her at all. I asked if “her group” had used fossil fuels to return the ship to Europe. That’s about it. If “they”-the group did that, it would be unclassy. 

I hope that you are just kidding with me about this...

8 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

I didn’t attack her at all. I asked if “her group” had used fossil fuels to return the ship to Europe. That’s about it. If “they”-the group did that, it would be unclassy. 

I think you really need to fine tune your sarcasm meter.  A lot.  OMG all this thread is about some angry kid and a silly publicity stunt and then some snowflake complaining to the Ed about sand in his mangina.  And I am shocked, shocked I say that nobody posted a pic of the "chick" in Dead Calm.  Ducking...

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

anything with "first gen prius" in it is a joke...:-)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Lex Teredo said:

Well it took me while to re-read that one. Nice work!  

8 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

Threw my back out this morning and I didn’t get the humor through the pain:D

Humor?  Do not trifle with me, sir, or I shall be forced to report you to the constabulary who work ceaselessly to ensure the civility of these elec-tronic fora. Harrumph harrumph. 

• Like 2

Well, it sure is refreshing to know that in this forum they do not tolerate any opinions that deviate from the approved narrative. 

The last thing we need around here is freedom of speech. When people start saying things that hurt our feelings, they must be reported and outed immediately. 

Our world only has 18 months left. We don’t have time for any debate - the science is settled. 

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, Lex Teredo said:

Humor?  Do not trifle with me, sir, or I shall be forced to report you to the constabulary who work ceaselessly to ensure the civility of these elec-tronic fora. Harrumph harrumph. 

Upvoted for the proper use of "fora". 

3 hours ago, Wess said:

I think you really need to fine tune your sarcasm meter.  A lot.  OMG all this thread is about some angry kid and a silly publicity stunt and then some snowflake complaining to the Ed about sand in his mangina.  And I am shocked, shocked I say that nobody posted a pic of the "chick" in Dead Calm.  Ducking...

SCARY_DeadCalm_06-1600x900-c-default.jpg

• Like 2
4 hours ago, d'ranger said:

I never reported you 

Oh thank you great overlord from pa

duh hours and hours and hours and hours  you spend on this site monitoring each and ever post is a testament to your greatness

3 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

Threw my back out this morning and I didn’t get the humor through the pain:D

Turns out I should have been shouting down in the Kidney Stone Anarchy room. . .

”This too shall pass”

• Like 3

In my book, women who sail, are classy by definition!

38cr_190729mm_40651.thumb.jpg.bc3889251328b4718ac8f4508eb544e2.jpg

38_cr_270719lgg_4118.thumb.jpg.dd600273e18abdcd336ca61e5e3f6e4a.jpg

38cr_190729nm_1197.thumb.jpg.3e967df538c9256aea8063ed402d0e49.jpg

Would this be the right place to mention that the FIRST EVER Viper 640 Women's North American Championship will be hosted in October 2020 at Noroton Yacht Club in the week preceding the LiveTiles 2020 Viper North American Championship?  Powered by Goslings and LiveTiles, we are expecting 25 women helms to be competing .  If you are a classy woman sailor and want to enjoy some One Design class - sy sailing. Please get in contact with the Viper class!

• Like 6
4 hours ago, IStream said:
5 hours ago, Lex Teredo said:

Upvoted for the proper use of "fora". 

I think it should be rendered as "forii"

FB- Doug

• Like 1
23 hours ago, d'ranger said:

I have never written anything on here that I wont say to someones face either. Ask anyone in the SE Queensland sailing community. No one ever died wondering what I thought.

But I would prefer the term 'misogynistic centrist nutjob'. Don't throw me in with the Trumptards, mate.

• Like 2
11 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

Funny, but no. Being manly means not standing by and doing nothing. I did it because it was the right thing to do, certainly tried to calm it down and then did not hide anything so ......................

Did you really post the htfu vid after reporting someone for: words?

Yousa bitch

2 minutes ago, bodega87 said:

Did you really post the htfu vid after reporting someone for: words?

Yousa bitch

Perhaps you should watch it again? I posted it in response to LB whining about being manly which is what got me a bunch down votes for pointing out how "manly" it is to mock Greta, her disabilities, parents, motivations et al.  It wasn't the words it was who and how it was directed to.  Kind of like our moron Trump mocking a disabled reporter.

Geez, now go back to regurgitating your "science" crap.

• Like 1