NYC Beer-can racing

In NYC until Monday. I've made it a habit of sailing/racing in all interesting locations I go. Does anyone know where I might go to get picked up to crew for a local Friday night beer-can race or something similar? Will provide sailing resume upon request. 

14 hours ago, UDsailing said:

Anything out of NYCYC? Was wandering around Chelsea Piers today and didn't see anything but yachts (of the Marine fuel variety). 

The only show in Manhattan proper is the Manhattan sailing club. Brooklyn one has their thing as well. 

20 hours ago, UDsailing said:

In NYC until Monday. I've made it a habit of sailing/racing in all interesting locations I go. Does anyone know where I might go to get picked up to crew for a local Friday night beer-can race or something similar? Will provide sailing resume upon request. 

DEAD!

Bodega87’s response is incomplete.  Hudson River Community Sailing (HRCS)  https://hudsonsailing.org/ ,located at 26th Street and the West Side Highway, has Sunday races in the Fall.  The start times vary so they can race in a slack tide.  They used to race J 24’s; I understand they are now phasing in J-80’s.  Contact Don and see if he can get you on a boat.

HRCS is a great organization and is doing a lot to get kids, who would not otherwise sail, out on the water.  They also get a lot of adults, who may not have sailed, out on the water.

Lastly, Espo is a sailing God.

• Like 2
On 9/27/2019 at 5:13 PM, egon said:

That's what happens when people with boats stop racing and pick up whining as their hobby Johnny.

I see how you have traveled with your boat, have you left the little Raritan pond or are you still getting beat by Jimmy Mac and Tommy S?? 

On 9/29/2019 at 11:05 AM, UDsailing said:

AYC Fall series was great. What an amazing venue and really friendly people. Maybe I just got lucky. 

You must have had to much to drink or you were at The Annapolis YC fall series

4 hours ago, jesposito said:

I see how you have traveled with your boat, have you left the little Raritan pond or are you still getting beat by Jimmy Mac and Tommy S?? 

Cause I ONLY race on one boat.

I might race on your home waters more than you do now-a-days.

On 9/29/2019 at 11:05 AM, UDsailing said:

AYC Fall series was great. What an amazing venue and really friendly people. Maybe I just got lucky. 

UD,

Glad to hear you had a good weekend of racing.  Conditions were great and real beer was being served on the lawn, can't get better.  Hopefully you are sticking around for weekend #2.

1 hour ago, jackolantern said:

How was racing on the J/29 parked in your driveway? Did you have any close roundings at the mailbox across the cul-de-sac from you? 

Wow, that's original

19 minutes ago, egon said:

Don't race anymore, nothing else to win.

It gets boring beating up on the same hacks

15 minutes ago, jesposito said:

Don't race anymore, nothing else to win.

It gets boring beating up on the same hacks

Did you ever actually enjoy sailboat racing?

12 minutes ago, jesposito said:

No, just winning and depressing the competition

Right, mental defect it is.
Quite sad that you are the person you are.
There is a famous quote about your take on winning in this sport.
Doesn't matter to you though.  You live on your own little planet, population 1.
Too bad it's over populated.

6 minutes ago, egon said:

Right, mental defect it is.
Quite sad that you are the person you are.
There is a famous quote about your take on winning in this sport.
Doesn't matter to you though.  You live on your own little planet, population 1.
Too bad it's over populated.

You should try it sometimes, living on your own planet, but there are way to many HACKS like yourself and it's way to  crowded, but at least you have people to talk too.

Winning isn't everything but losing SUCKS.

But you are accustom to losing, so you can not relate to me. 

Only winners can.

16 minutes ago, jesposito said:

You should try it sometimes, living on your own planet, but there are way to many HACKS like yourself and it's way to  crowded, but at least you have people to talk too.

Only winners can.

"Only winners can"?? uggh. Some winner. FFS. Why do you even post here? I'd love to see how well you're received on yuppie cyclist forums. The Chads in tights must love your wannabe goomba ass. Your need to littler threads like this with your idiotic wop bullshit only shows personal and obvious intellectual weakness. I respect your performance, but this shit is getting tired dude. Think of something more funny, intuitive, or meaningful to say.. or at least read a book or ten and learn how to spell for fucks sake. Fucking hack. 

3 hours ago, jesposito said:

Only winners can.

You're right John, I am a hack.  I don't go around proclaiming to be god's gift to sailing or any other sport.  What I do is get involved with good teams and learn from good sailors.  I pay attention and am a student of the sport.  If you don't learn something every day you are doing it wrong.

I am a hack.  I'm always looking to the knowledge I pick up in other hobbies and fields to see how I can apply them to sailing better and make my boat better.

You could only dream of having someone as resourceful as me on your crew.  I guess I'll have to keep racing with the same old losers.

You know what else, every time I step foot on my boat or anyone else's boat, I do so for the enjoyment of it just as much as the potential of winning.  I don't race on boats with teams that don't get this.  Why would I, it's a waste of time.

As much as you think you know me or how I sail just proves how little you do know.

You're right again, I can't relate to you.  I can't relate to shallow, self-centered, arrogant, hollow, megalomaniac like you.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, egon said:

He’s askeeered of your MORC snot rocket

3 hours ago, egon said:

You're right John, I am a hack.  I don't go around proclaiming to be god's gift to sailing or any other sport.  What I do is get involved with good teams and learn from good sailors.  I pay attention and am a student of the sport.  If you don't learn something every day you are doing it wrong.

I am a hack.  I'm always looking to the knowledge I pick up in other hobbies and fields to see how I can apply them to sailing better and make my boat better.

You could only dream of having someone as resourceful as me on your crew.  I guess I'll have to keep racing with the same old losers.

You know what else, every time I step foot on my boat or anyone else's boat, I do so for the enjoyment of it just as much as the potential of winning.  I don't race on boats with teams that don't get this.  Why would I, it's a waste of time.

As much as you think you know me or how I sail just proves how little you do know.

You're right again, I can't relate to you.  I can't relate to shallow, self-centered, arrogant, hollow, megalomaniac like you.

You’re just feeling big because pitman isn’t here as John’s heavy!!!

21 hours ago, kevlar said:

"Only winners can"?? uggh. Some winner. FFS. Why do you even post here? I'd love to see how well you're received on yuppie cyclist forums. The Chads in tights must love your wannabe goomba ass. Your need to littler threads like this with your idiotic wop bullshit only shows personal and obvious intellectual weakness. I respect your performance, but this shit is getting tired dude. Think of something more funny, intuitive, or meaningful to say.. or at least read a book or ten and learn how to spell for fucks sake. Fucking hack. 

Go fuck you mother

7 hours ago, MakePHRFGreatAgain said:

If people didn’t enjoy the shitfights more this website wouldn’t exist.  

Between the breadth of know-how and trolling, theres a laugh and a drop of helpfulness for everyone!