Jump to content

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, lydia said:

Australian salmon. Wrong ones

mind you Tassal are very supportive of the local community down my way

often just before new year

I call bullshit on that. Tassal have not had a major fish escape for years. The last big loss was in May 2018 in the huge South Easterly storm that caused major flooding in Hobart. Huon Aquaculture lost 120,000 when an entire cage was broken.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So what's wrong with an Opti kid being awarded the Rolex Male athlete of the Year?  Here's what  Shirley Robertson had to say: "Marco is undoubtedly a great talent, and I'm sure in time we will s

It's strange where one can gain motivation, sometimes in the unlikeliest of places. Mrs Octopus, stumbled a bit and has misrepresented the facts. Curious by comparison just appears to be  misinformed,

That's an awesome set of rose-coloured glasses you've got on! Yes, I prefer the discourse be public as other anarchists are interested also in the discussion.  You must be puzzled by the disconne

Posted Images

8 hours ago, Recidivist said:

Yeah, I know what you mean.  As a Territorian accustomed to wild Barramundi, the farmed stuff just doesn't have the muscle tone - they have the texture of mashed potatoes.

But last May in Norway I had salmon that I'm pretty sure would not have been wild caught, but it was  truly excellent!  

Correct, those Norwegian salmon would have been farmed. They grow 1.4 million tonnes a year there. But Norwegian farmed salmon is actually fattier than Tasmanian farmed salmon. The water is colder so they need more oil in the feed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (p)Irate said:

I call bullshit on that. Tassal have not had a major fish escape for years. The last big loss was in May 2018 in the huge South Easterly storm that caused major flooding in Hobart. Huon Aquaculture lost 120,000 when an entire cage was broken.

WTF are you talking about? Australian salmon (which aren't). Arripis trutta. Common as muck at the moment. Nothing to do with farmed fish.

FKT

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Fah Kiew Tu said:

WTF are you talking about? Australian salmon (which aren't). Arripis trutta. Common as muck at the moment. Nothing to do with farmed fish.

FKT

Just read the nuances suggested by Lydia in his original comment and process what he was saying. Then revisit your comment.

Is it clearer now?

Do you feel just a little bit silly?

Anyway, back to the theme of fighting and conduct unbecoming.

A sailor (member of Club A) in his 40's has a consensual fling with an 18 year old woman, the daughter of a committee member of Club B. The sailor visits the bar of Club B. The committee member, working behind the bar, assaults the sailor inside the club, defending the "honour" of his daughter. Other members eject the sailor from the club. The Club B committee pass a motion barring the sailor from setting foot on the club premises again. No action is taken against the committee member who assaulted the sailor.

DISCUSS.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Membership is the core pillar of any club, I'm sure you would agree. Sailing clubs of all sizes in Australia have have already begun asking casual and irregularly participating sailors to become members of their clubs... to great success.”

Glen Stanaway on LinkedIn. YCMTSU

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, (p)Irate said:

Just read the nuances suggested by Lydia in his original comment and process what he was saying. Then revisit your comment.

Is it clearer now?

Do you feel just a little bit silly?

Anyway, back to the theme of fighting and conduct unbecoming.

A sailor (member of Club A) in his 40's has a consensual fling with an 18 year old woman, the daughter of a committee member of Club B. The sailor visits the bar of Club B. The committee member, working behind the bar, assaults the sailor inside the club, defending the "honour" of his daughter. Other members eject the sailor from the club. The Club B committee pass a motion barring the sailor from setting foot on the club premises again. No action is taken against the committee member who assaulted the sailor.

DISCUSS.

How do I join club B?

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, (p)Irate said:

Just read the nuances suggested by Lydia in his original comment and process what he was saying. Then revisit your comment.

Is it clearer now?

Do you feel just a little bit silly?

Anyway, back to the theme of fighting and conduct unbecoming.

A sailor (member of Club A) in his 40's has a consensual fling with an 18 year old woman, the daughter of a committee member of Club B. The sailor visits the bar of Club B. The committee member, working behind the bar, assaults the sailor inside the club, defending the "honour" of his daughter. Other members eject the sailor from the club. The Club B committee pass a motion barring the sailor from setting foot on the club premises again. No action is taken against the committee member who assaulted the sailor.

DISCUSS.

Don't know about that one  however, provided that the action was taken under the Member protection Policy of the Club , then there is a appeal to Australian Sailing which overrides the club constitution.

Bet you did not know that!

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, lydia said:

Don't know about that one  however, provided that the action was taken under the Member protection Policy of the Club , then there is a appeal to Australian Sailing which overrides the club constitution.

Bet you did not know that!

That doesn't help the sailor from Club A who has no right to appeal the ruling of Club B as he is not a member of said club. And can any member of Club B who thinks that their committee member should have been reprimanded for assaulting the visiting sailor appeal to AS?

And you do know this one. Just a matter of whether you had skins in the game or erin on the wrong side.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, (p)Irate said:

Just read the nuances suggested by Lydia in his original comment and process what he was saying. Then revisit your comment.

Is it clearer now?

Do you feel just a little bit silly?

Anyway, back to the theme of fighting and conduct unbecoming.

A sailor (member of Club A) in his 40's has a consensual fling with an 18 year old woman, the daughter of a committee member of Club B. The sailor visits the bar of Club B. The committee member, working behind the bar, assaults the sailor inside the club, defending the "honour" of his daughter. Other members eject the sailor from the club. The Club B committee pass a motion barring the sailor from setting foot on the club premises again. No action is taken against the committee member who assaulted the sailor.

DISCUSS.

No to the feel silly bit - you may be mistaking me for someone who follows closely this shit-show and cares. I assure you neither are correct. I have a very short attention span and an even lower boredom threshold.

As for the latter paragraph, sounds like a perfect case for a civil action for assault. Then watch all the cockroaches scuttle for cover.

Groucho has been proven right many, many times over....

FKT

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, (p)Irate said:

 

A sailor (member of Club A) in his 40's has a consensual fling with an 18 year old woman, the daughter of a committee member of Club B. The sailor visits the bar of Club B. The committee member, working behind the bar, assaults the sailor inside the club, defending the "honour" of his daughter. Other members eject the sailor from the club. The Club B committee pass a motion barring the sailor from setting foot on the club premises again. No action is taken against the committee member who assaulted the sailor.

DISCUSS.

I hope she wasn’t a dud root..

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Last Post said:

Chucking chairs at his bint is not the only unsavoury issue with which Hollis has had involvement. Wonder if that will now come out? Something about the hurried repatriation of a famed international coach who knew too much about an indiscretion? 

WTF? You refer to a violent assault victim as a ‘bint’? She is a strong intelligent women who had the courage to stand up to him and it is wonderful to see her getting some closure from this appalling incident. If you have some information about the perp then have at it but leave her out of it. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 10:53 AM, Recidivist said:

But do you have to be a member of a club affiliated with the Italian national association?  Because that's the equivalent of what the AS prescription requires.

I have just been in Italy and saw this boat at Lake Garda. Those clever Italians have worked out how to avoid making everyone you want to take sailing join a club. You just get them to relax on the veranda out the back and since they are not inside the lifelines they are not really sailing on the boat. Problem solved. They didn’t once rule the world for no reason you know.

E83D1C41-54B6-41BD-9957-F31DF328BE32.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

WTF? You refer to a violent assault victim as a ‘bint’? She is a strong intelligent women who had the courage to stand up to him and it is wonderful to see her getting some closure from this appalling incident. If you have some information about the perp then have at it but leave her out of it. 

 

Misogynist should always be called out.

Thank you for speaking up.

 But, I'm still not sure we can find you a yacht club that will accept your application.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, (p)Irate said:

 

Anyway, back to the theme of fighting and conduct unbecoming.

A sailor (member of Club A) in his 40's has a consensual fling with an 18 year old woman, the daughter of a committee member of Club B. 

DISCUSS.

Isn't he a little old to be a bowman?

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, lydia said:

Don't know about that one  however, provided that the action was taken under the Member protection Policy of the Club , then there is a appeal to Australian Sailing which overrides the club constitution.

Bet you did not know that!

I didn't know that!  Perhaps it is a corollary of affiliation? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

 

Misogynist should always be called out.

Thank you for speaking up.

 But, I'm still not sure we can find you a yacht club that will accept your application.

Really? I am a member of 3. Is that Grinder thing you mentioned a club that you are a member off? You still haven't explained what it is...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Weyalan said:

Isn't he a little old to be a bowman?

Reliving the glory days? I mean, I hate doing bow... but it’s a compelling argument for getting the band back together!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2020 at 8:36 PM, lydia said:

Don't know about that one  however, provided that the action was taken under the Member protection Policy of the Club , then there is a appeal to Australian Sailing which overrides the club constitution.

Bet you did not know that!

I did not. How does that work?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2020 at 2:35 PM, Recidivist said:

If your intention is to insult me, you'll have to be clearer - I'm a bit slow when it comes to deciphering cryptic comments like this.

It should have read, "SOUNDS Like the old - But the trains ran on time - defence

Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe we should rename this thread the RQYS is a Hypersensitive Group of Muppets as it seems to be now dominated by topics related to the mismanagement of that club.

They can't ban people who aren't members so in that light maybe it might be beneficial for the RQYS stalkers to mull over this anarchy thread from 2007. Spoiler alert - the club involved did not proceed with any action.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, (p)Irate said:

Maybe we should rename this thread the RQYS is a Hypersensitive Group of Muppets as it seems to be now dominated by topics related to the mismanagement of that club.

They can't ban people who aren't members so in that light maybe it might be beneficial for the RQYS stalkers to mull over this anarchy thread from 2007. Spoiler alert - the club involved did not proceed with any action.

 

Muppets! How dare you! People have been thrown out for less!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/4/2020 at 5:40 PM, cosmicsedso said:

I did not. How does that work?

It is hidden away in the AS policies on the website.

As I understand it, it is a requirement of the Sports Commission and while it is not a general merits review it is a procedural fairness and jurisdictional error review procedure.

This of course is what political witch hunts inside Clubs always get wrong, so it makes sense in that regard.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, lydia said:

It is hidden away in the AS policies on the website.

As I understand it, it is a requirement of the Sports Commission and while it is not a general merits review it is a procedural fairness and jurisdictional error review procedure.

This of course is what political witch hunts inside Clubs always get wrong, so it makes sense in that regard.

Don't worry you will be give a fair hearing before we find you guilty and execute you 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lydia said:

As I understand it, it is a requirement of the Sports Commission and while it is not a general merits review it is a procedural fairness and jurisdictional error review procedure.

How ironic, having AS as the arbiter for a jurisdictional review, when they seem to be wandering outside their own jurisdiction regularly lately.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, lydia said:

It is hidden away in the AS policies on the website.

As I understand it, it is a requirement of the Sports Commission and while it is not a general merits review it is a procedural fairness and jurisdictional error review procedure.

This of course is what political witch hunts inside Clubs always get wrong, so it makes sense in that regard.

So we really do get something for our money?

Murky waters all round.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/20/2020 at 4:58 AM, The Dark Knight said:

Australians are not mature or responsible enough to make such a decision by ourselves, so our nanny state legislates to ensure that we don't need to take responsibility for such decisions.

We have laws that mandate wearing life jackets in certain locations, when sol and in a dinghy. We must wear helmets on bicycles, cant use fireworks and are forbidden from even changing the plug on an electric appliance. It goes on and on......  

Where's the fun in life without a bit of risk now and then. We are bred for it, why else do we have adrenal glands :-)

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad to read . Understand it was during a yacht race .

44-year-old man dies after he is knocked overboard from a yacht in Moreton Bay

A 44-year-old man has died after being knocked overboard from a yacht on Queensland's Moreton Bay, north of Brisbane.

Brisbane Water Police coordinated a rescue involving volunteer marine units and the Rescue 500 helicopter at around 5pm on Saturday.

Police say initial investigations suggest the yacht was hit by a large wave, causing a boom to swing which hit two men, knocking them both overboard. 

Police say the man suffered head injuries and was unconscious when pulled to shore. He could not be resuscitated.

Two other men were transported to hospital with minor injuries.

Three other men who were also onboard the yacht were not injured.

Brisbane Water Police and the Forensic Crash Unit are investigating the incident.

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, lydia said:

But strictly speaking not run by an affiliated club

Well, that's it then.  Everyone involved is banned from participating in future.  And of course, AS will conduct it's own investigation ...

Link to post
Share on other sites

By far Queensland most successful keelboat event and just organised by two people

now close to 30 years of racing on the night of full moons over summer

Notionally a cat 5 n event

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, BBender said:

Brisbane Water Police and the Forensic Crash Unit are investigating the incident.

Why do they bother?

unless....

they will start calling for all sailors to wear self inflating life jackets and helmets whenever on deck, unless boats meet new design rules which will dictate that that the boom must be 195cm above the cabin top...

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Dark Knight said:

Why do they bother?

unless....

they will start calling for all sailors to wear self inflating life jackets and helmets whenever on deck, unless boats meet new design rules which will dictate that that the boom must be 195cm above the cabin top...

 

 

 

Police don’t call for changes. That comes from above. Recommendations might come from a coronial inquest. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Why do they bother?

unless....

they will start calling for all sailors to wear self inflating life jackets and helmets whenever on deck, unless boats meet new design rules which will dictate that that the boom must be 195cm above the cabin top...

 

 

 

Seems with one dead and two injured it's not out of line to investigate...

If the police came on the scene of another type of incident with a fatality and multiple injured...I'd expect them to investigate...

The investigation may go no further than to establish that things happened as reported

Link to post
Share on other sites

The owner is a good friend of mine. Let’s hold any speculation about what may have occurred and what the ramifications might be until after the authorities have completed their investigation. Let’s all be mindful that families and crew members are grieving. Everyone in the SE Queensland Yachting community are feeling pretty raw today. 

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Why do they bother?

unless....

they will start calling for all sailors to wear self inflating life jackets and helmets whenever on deck, unless boats meet new design rules which will dictate that that the boom must be 195cm above the cabin top...

 

 

 

The Coroners Act QLD Requires that all reportable deaths be investigated.  This matter fits within the definition of reportable death.  The coroner will determine if an inquest is warranted.  The coroner will be informed by the police investigation into the circumstances of the death, including any information the police may have identified as to mechanisms to prevent future deaths.  So the answer to "why bother" is because its a the law.  The inquest if conducted (almost certainly in a case like this) may lead to the Coroner issuing "Comments" which may serve to assistant future occurrences of similar circumstances.  Note that the Coroners Comments are not binding, though you would want to have a good reason to not implement them.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Not saying it was the case in Couta’s story, but I guess I could see that a quiet sailing gentleman who innocently attends at the club is met by some officious harridan of an office administrator who says “This is a Private Club, for MEMBERS ONLY. Can’t you read the sign? Pay up for a SailPass or hit the fucking road! No, you piece of shit, I don’t care what other club you belong to. Get out, before I call the police!” From her POV, she is just enforcing the SYC’s rules. From his POV, it’s a needlessly aggressive and thoroughly obnoxious reception to someone who is just volunteering his time and expertise.

Or perhaps what really happened is someehere between your imagined scenario and mine. Neither of us has any real idea.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Oh dear. 

The Olympics have been postponed for a year. 

Whatever will happen to all of those TV sponsorship dollars now? 

World Sailing weren't making a good fist of how to manage the budget prior to this nor were their MNA's. I hope Australian Sailing lose their Olympic funding and go through a major correction, compared to the litany of abject failures under the current model. And that is not personal motivation, I really think it is best and what is needed for the sport. 

I'd be happy if we lost all Olympic funds permanently and AS morph back into a much smaller outfit with little or no funding. Maybe just maybe, AS will then get back to listening and representing Australian sailors, instead of pandering to egos, abdication of their responsibilities and dogged resistance to stamping out corruption and abuses.

The financial toll of the coronavirus is being felt by all of us and will get much worse before it blows over. Now is the time that clubs and organisations need to lean on members for their survival. Any member that believes their club or org is acting in their interests should be rightly opening their wallet and contributing back to the sport.

I've been working with a team of owners and we have managed to put together a $50,000 donation for our sport. So this is a call out to Australian Sailing; if you can find one nominated representative that can show evidence they have been looking after their members, not Olympic programs,  the money is yours.

Just one. Anyone.

We all know AS read Anarchy and yet I fear the status quo is so entrenched I won't even get the courtesy of a phone call. 

Let's see shall we? 

  

 

          

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

...

We all know AS read Anarchy and yet I fear the status quo is so entrenched I won't even get the courtesy of a phone call. 

Let's see shall we? 

  

 

          

Not leaving your name and number is making it pretty hard for us. You are of course welcome to give me a call. 0417 446 727.
If you go to this page you'll see the work we do to help clubs and classes https://www.sailingresources.org.au/home/
There is another page at https://www.sailing.org.au/about/ which has a link to this info piece https://cdn.revolutionise.com.au/site/ukvfazmp3cz0cyup.pdf 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, grs said:

Not leaving your name and number is making it pretty hard for us. You are of course welcome to give me a call. 0417 446 727.
 If you go to this page you'll see the work we do to help clubs and classes https://www.sailingresources.org.au/home/
There is another page at https://www.sailing.org.au/about/ which has a link to this info piece https://cdn.revolutionise.com.au/site/ukvfazmp3cz0cyup.pdf 

 

You have my number Glenn, it's on every bit of correspondence you have of mine.  

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

You have my number Glenn, it's on every bit of correspondence you have of mine.  

You don't seem to understand - it's *your* responsibility to go out of your way to donate money to the richly deserving few. Heaven forbid that they should have to *ask* for it....

FKT

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, shaggybaxter said:

You have my number Glenn, it's on every bit of correspondence you have of mine.  

I've done a search for shaggybaxter in my emails and return 0 results. You'll have to give me a hint.

[edit] The information is all there in those links, and there's a lot we do for the member clubs. Feel free to peruse the links at your leisure. Give me a call if you've got questions.

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, grs said:

I've done a search for shaggybaxter in my emails and return 0 results. You'll have to give me a hint.

[edit] The information is all there in those links, and there's a lot we do for the member clubs. Feel free to peruse the links at your leisure. Give me a call if you've got questions.

I can only apologise to you then.  

Embarrassingly, I didn't realise my circumstances was so forgettable.

Thanks.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

You have my number Glenn, it's on every bit of correspondence you have of mine.  

Now thats toooooo funny,

So from your Thumb nail pic, Glenn knows which orange poodle to call?

FFS , if you have half a brain and want to contact A.S. WTF are you doing baiting them here. 

Weren't you the half wit that stipulated who you wanted to sit on your protest hearing a while back.

Did you think that your rejected committee was corrupt or biased ??

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, grs said:

I've done a search for shaggybaxter in my emails and return 0 results. You'll have to give me a hint.

This is a disingenuous response at best, and is an arrogant dismissal of the person offering to donate money to benefit our sport.  You should be ashamed. 

If the $50K were coming from me, I would have donated it to the lost dogs' home.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MRS OCTOPUS said:

Now thats toooooo funny,

So from your Thumb nail pic, Glenn knows which orange poodle to call?

FFS , if you have half a brain and want to contact A.S. WTF are you doing baiting them here. 

Weren't you the half wit that stipulated who you wanted to sit on your protest hearing a while back.

Did you think that your rejected committee was corrupt or biased ??

  

 

Hullo Mrs O,

I'm good thanks. 

Hope you guys are faring up ok over there.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, grs said:

Not leaving your name and number is making it pretty hard for us. You are of course welcome to give me a call. 0417 446 727.
If you go to this page you'll see the work we do to help clubs and classes https://www.sailingresources.org.au/home/
There is another page at https://www.sailing.org.au/about/ which has a link to this info piece https://cdn.revolutionise.com.au/site/ukvfazmp3cz0cyup.pdf 

 

You could not sound more like a dickhead if you tried. You and the rest of YA know exactly who Shaggy is. You are beclowning yourself and your employer, which takes some doing.

Stop stepping on rakes and try to address YOUR MEMBER’S concern like a grown up.

Pathetic.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rawhide said:

Frankly I can think of many much more deserving causes at the moment than the most deserving sailing beneficiary  

This. They're so tightly fastened to the public money tit that they couldn't survive if detached. Giving them more money isn't going to change things at all.

Better to either donate it directly to junior sailing in the form of new boats, gear or outright cash grants to clubs or, in the current circumstances, to Meals on Wheels or similar because they're going to need it. And yes I know that probably wasn't in the mindset when people agreed to donate. Still, think outside an incestuous and irrelevant sport at this time...

FKT

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, shaggybaxter said:

You have my number Glenn, it's on every bit of correspondence you have of mine.  

too funny

not worthy of the funds

some clubs almost split away a few years back

maybe the time is coming again

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, grs said:

 

Given that many clubs are going to be financially challenged with the lack of income from bar/meals, function rentals and so on. Is AS going to remove the need for clubs to pay the affiliation fees until the current crisis is over?

It's not like AS needs to finance the olympics or pay for elite training? or is AS going to insulate itself from COVID 19 by pushing clubs against the wall?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Recidivist said:

This is a disingenuous response at best, and is an arrogant dismissal of the person offering to donate money to benefit our sport.  You should be ashamed. 

If the $50K were coming from me, I would have donated it to the lost dogs' home.

A friend’s family had a large block of land, day trip distance from a large city, with attractive mostly unmolested flora and fauna as well as some imposing residential structures and outbuildings. Truly a prime candidate for a public park. As part of a intergeneration transfer of assets they decided to donate it to the provincial government for that purpose. A meeting was set with the appropriate minister to discuss details. The appointed time came. The clock ticked out another hour while the benefactor waited in the minister’s anteroom.

That afternoon the land was donated to a local university instead.

Donors have options.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This is going to great to watch.

Renewal time for annual subscriptions coming up.

yet clubs of all types are not open or offering services so big drop off in renewals expected

other sports club suggesting 75 % drop off

this translates through to big drop off with fees to AS

if you were smart at AS and to survive you would be quickly restructuring to go straight to individual sailors for membership fees

of course this will put you conflict with the clubs

let the hunger games begin

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The law of unintended consequences is at play here big time.

a club will not be back up and running till at least November so why renew for the year when you can buy sail passes for the second half of the year

no club will be insisting on an application fee to get you to rejoin next year as the numbers will be down

going be great to see a fucked idea damage the clubs which championed it

everyones disposable income will a lot less for the next few years as we will have a tax repair levy of maybe 10% for five years across the board on your income tax to pay for the current relief packages in Australia 

there will simply not be the money to spend

now back to my day job which this week is trying to restructure large hospitality groups which just been shut down and have stood down hundreds of employees 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, lydia said:

now back to my day job which this week is trying to restructure large hospitality groups which just been shut down and have stood down hundreds of employees

Federal Hotels.

Shit is really getting close to home now - the libraries are closed as of yesterday evening.

FKT

Link to post
Share on other sites

they said essential services would remain open,  then closed the PUBS!  What could be a more essential service the that.

At least the bottle ships are still open,  and Bundy has promised a continuing supply to them while donating ethanol for use in hand cleaner.

I won't be using my rum to wash the outside of my hands,  but if it works on your hands it must work even better taken internally where the bugs live!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, TUBBY said:

they said essential services would remain open,  then closed the PUBS!  What could be a more essential service the that.

At least the bottle ships are still open,  and Bundy has promised a continuing supply to them while donating ethanol for use in hand cleaner.

I won't be using my rum to wash the outside of my hands,  but if it works on your hands it must work even better taken internally where the bugs live!

You might need to be snorting it but that is not unknown

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, lydia said:

You might need to be snorting it but that is not unknown

Rum in the nose is usually on the way back out - so I am told.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Went to Bundaberg on the way back from the first BtoK race.  Thought I should have one seeing as I was there

So I did

So now I never have to have another one......  and there was much rejoicing

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, wal' said:

Went to Bundaberg on the way back from the first BtoK race.  Thought I should have one seeing as I was there

So I did

So now I never have to have another one......  and there was much rejoicing

I am hearing ya wal. I bet the hand sanitizer tastes better than their rum.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/24/2020 at 11:47 PM, lydia said:

The law of unintended consequences is at play here big time.

a club will not be back up and running till at least November so why renew for the year when you can buy sail passes for the second half of the year

no club will be insisting on an application fee to get you to rejoin next year as the numbers will be down

going be great to see a fucked idea damage the clubs which championed it

everyones disposable income will a lot less for the next few years as we will have a tax repair levy of maybe 10% for five years across the board on your income tax to pay for the current relief packages in Australia 

there will simply not be the money to spend

now back to my day job which this week is trying to restructure large hospitality groups which just been shut down and have stood down hundreds of employees 

 

 

Didn’t you read the email from your dear leader the captain? ‘It is our home and members and staff must work together to keep it afloat’. They could start by stoping paying lawyers to write threatening letters to their members maybe. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

I am hearing ya wal. I bet the hand sanitizer tastes better than their rum.

So the rum it self may not have much going for it but their marketing department has a certain style.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Didn’t you read the email from your dear leader the captain? ‘It is our home and members and staff must work together to keep it afloat’. They could start by stoping paying lawyers to write threatening letters to their members maybe. 

Didn’t they get rid of most of the staff?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TheUltimateSockPuppet said:

Didn’t they get rid of most of the staff?

Mainly the casuals.  I wonder if the GM has offered to take a 50% pay cut?

Link to post
Share on other sites

But Glenn to have rules you need to Rule of Law.

AS does not have that!

Just look at the appeals section of your latest newsletter.

AS  simply does not have moral authority.

Fix the problem

Link to post
Share on other sites