• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So what's wrong with an Opti kid being awarded the Rolex Male athlete of the Year?  Here's what  Shirley Robertson had to say: "Marco is undoubtedly a great talent, and I'm sure in time we will s

It's strange where one can gain motivation, sometimes in the unlikeliest of places. Mrs Octopus, stumbled a bit and has misrepresented the facts. Curious by comparison just appears to be  misinformed,

The owner is a good friend of mine. Let’s hold any speculation about what may have occurred and what the ramifications might be until after the authorities have completed their investigation. Let’s al

Posted Images

Just now, TheUltimateSockPuppet said:

Do I need a sail pass to visit the bar at the local yacht club?

Not sure but a mouth guard and a lawyer might be a good idea. Anyway on to Airlie Beach RW. I can't imagine anyone involved in that regatta being a party to this bullshit. :) 

1 minute ago, LB 15 said:

Not sure but a mouth guard and a lawyer might be a good idea. Anyway on to Airlie Beach RW. I can't imagine anyone involved in that regatta being a party to this bullshit. :) 

You could ask Turkey Slapper about that.

• Like 1
Just now, lydia said:

Guess Sailpass is getting put to the test about now!

At the CYCA anyway.

Be funny if it was been used.

'Contact tracers are looking for a Mr M Mouse, 7 Mr John Smiths and several square jawed young chaps who claimed that they were protected by some kind of nautical PPE called 'TP52'.'

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

'Contact tracers are looking for a Mr M Mouse, 7 Mr John Smiths and several square jawed young chaps who claimed that they were protected by some kind of nautical PPE called 'TP52'.'

Mr & Mrs M Mouse plus Mr D Duck seem to have been frequent visitors to numerous clubs lately. Would be interested to know whether they are registered as sail pass members with AS?

6 hours ago, LB 15 said:

What would happen if you drove to Sydney and then came straight back to QLD. Instead of going home to isolate for 2 weeks, you go to RQYS to say good luck to a certain boat crew. Then you feel overwhelmed by guilt and report yourself to the police, first thing Friday morning and give them a contact list?

25 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

What would happen if you drove to Sydney...

Why fuck around. Ring up Qld Health and say you are in NSW having just left QLD and now tested positive, you are a male prostitute, give them your QLD client list...numbered bow to stern...then tell the Courier Mail.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Why fuck around. Ring up Qld Health and say you are in NSW having just left QLD and now tested positive, you are a male prostitute, give them your QLD client list...numbered bow to stern...then tell the Courier Mail.

how did it work out for you when you did that?

From the B2K SI's

Post-Race Ashore

Skippers will be contacted direct by Keppel Bay Marina (KBM) to obtain QLD Government required COVID data for those crew remaining at KBM. All competitors are required to register their contact details when entering the restaurant and event area. Patrons must be seated at all times while in the restaurant and event bar area in accordance with revised QLD Government COVID directions.

·        Minimise contact with other crews.

·        Observe social distancing.

·        Practice personal hygiene.

Looks like they will just have to swing dicks instead of punches this year. 

But that is not all - "If a crew member reports COVID symptoms provide immediate First Aid and retire from the race."

One sneeze and you are out.

COVID Symptoms

Most common symptoms:
fever
dry cough
tiredness

Less common symptoms:
aches and pains
sore throat
diarrhoea
conjunctivitis
headache
loss of taste or smell
a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes

Serious symptoms:
difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
chest pain or pressure
loss of speech or movement

Severe Hangover Symptoms

tiredness

dry cough

headache

sore throat

aches and pains

conjunctivitis

This could get tricky!!

• Like 4
2 hours ago, lydia said:
COVID Symptoms

Most common symptoms:
fever
dry cough
tiredness

Less common symptoms:
aches and pains
sore throat
diarrhoea
conjunctivitis
headache
loss of taste or smell
a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes

Serious symptoms:
difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
chest pain or pressure

Severe Hangover Symptoms

tiredness

dry cough

headache

sore throat

aches and pains

conjunctivitis

DIARRHOEA 

This could get tricky!!

Fixed it for you.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, TheUltimateSockPuppet said:

Bit of a slap in the face for the SEQ crew apparently only Sydney race management teams are good enough!

On the plus side Dennis won't be wearing his favourite AP flag for this regatta.

1 hour ago, TheUltimateSockPuppet said:

Bit of a slap in the face for the SEQ crew apparently only Sydney race management teams are good enough!

From what I hear even the local team have walked out!

So is AS going allow the CYCA to pull off their latest stunt? Having published the applicable NOR allowing Autopilots and accepted 2-Handed entries, they are now ruling 2-Handers who use Autopilots out of contention for the major IRC prize, the Tattersall's TP 52 Cup. Oh, but its quite OK to have powered winches, powered canting keels etc...

Yet again, they have their collective heads up their arses and have made themselves look like the anachronistic dinosaurs they really are.

Hearing that the legal Briefcases are already gathering on this one. Accumulating stockpile of Popcorn and Beer and watching with interest! 

On the other hand, it may just fizzle out until 2021 with major sailing events progressively falling over due to some nasty germ doing the rounds.

19 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

how did it work out for you when you did that?

Not me sunshine... Sportsbet has getting tested positive for Convid and tested for having taking it up the arse.. Victoria...books closed.

Now Vic locked in so probability of both occuring rises exponentially..the arse bit and the virus bit.

All I can say Hoppy is after running the numbers ..sit tight..the arse bit hurts.

1 hour ago, Last Post said:

So is AS going allow the CYCA to pull off their latest stunt? Having published the applicable NOR allowing Autopilots and accepted 2-Handed entries, they are now ruling 2-Handers who use Autopilots out of contention for the major IRC prize, the Tattersall's TP 52 Cup. Oh, but its quite OK to have powered winches, powered canting keels etc...

Yet again, they have their collective heads up their arses and have made themselves look like the anachronistic dinosaurs they really are.

Hearing that the legal Briefcases are already gathering on this one. Accumulating stockpile of Popcorn and Beer and watching with interest! 

On the other hand, it may just fizzle out until 2021 with major sailing events progressively falling over due to some nasty germ doing the rounds.

It was all too good to be true to think that the CYCA was catching up with the rest of the sailing world.

10 hours ago, Last Post said:

AS are well practiced after last week LP

NoR says no jury

Application for redress read Protest lodged as to eligibility 

jury appointed so no appeal

NoR then amended to allow for jury

hearing heard

appointment of jury then revoked because of defect in appointment

appeal to be heard after conduct of race with decision of jury standing until appeal hearing

CYCA are just learners 

and all of that is before we get to the conduct of members of the jury

ffs 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, lydia said:

AS are well practiced after last week LP

NoR says no jury

Application for redress read Protest lodged as to eligibility 

jury appointed so no appeal

NoR then amended to allow for jury

hearing heard

apoointment if jury then revoked because of defect in appointment

appeal to be heard after conduct of race with decision of jury standing until appeal hearing

CYCA are just learners 

ffs 

So AS complicit in LFFC incompetence?

30 minutes ago, lydia said:

Let alone have a yacht race.

Having a race is pretty easy, the problems start when only a select few are allowed to win the race.

2 hours ago, lydia said:

appointment of jury then revoked because of defect in appointment

Yes, error made on my part. Revoking the appointment was the correct thing to do.

• Like 4
20 hours ago, TheUltimateSockPuppet said:

A quick amendment to the NoR could have fixed that, just swap Port for Starboard and they are good to go.

But they should make sure they post it on the notice board...

• Like 1
16 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

It was all too good to be true to think that the CYCA was catching up with the rest of the sailing world.

You should not use 'CYCA' and 'catching' in the same sentence at the moment.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, TheUltimateSockPuppet said:

So how does one go about getting a jury that’s not a jury? Who pays for that?

The same people who pick up the Lawyers tab. The Members of the Lota east fishing and fighting club.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, TheUltimateSockPuppet said:

Did they fly a jury in again?

I think hearings look more like this in these troubled times...

The Brady Bunch Wallpapers - Wallpaper Cave

• Like 2
47 minutes ago, Couta said:

Sailor Girl must be shitting herself.

At least the background banter between Ox and Deano was entertaining. 

21 hours ago, Last Post said:

I can only think the CYCA is frightened that a two-hander could win overall - as has happened at least once with the Fastnet. I also think there is no one at the Covid Yacht Club that has any idea whatsoever about shorthanded racing! I am positive this has been forced upon them. After all they require 5 crew for a twilight race...

2 hours ago, mccroc said:

I can only think the CYCA is frightened that a two-hander could win overall - as has happened at least once with the Fastnet. I also think there is no one at the Covid Yacht Club that has any idea whatsoever about shorthanded racing! I am positive this has been forced upon them. After all they require 5 crew for a twilight race...

Those cheese platters won’t make themselves.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Sailor Girl must be shitting herself.

At least the background banter between Ox and Deano was entertaining. 

Yeah..cos ya know AS was there no doubt doing everything it can to promote the sport in these days of lockdown....while desktop would be maritime lawyers debate some vague issue that is never openly explained so that it might be explored....but yeah..again you're right...this is shit coverage..I mean compared to all the others that covered it..so ...yeah ...fucken crap job Ginno & co...so I wont bother posting the rest of it ...cos it's even more shit...sorry I interrupted...please don't let us stop you getting back to your parochial, mystery bitchin'! Cheers Couta out.

ps. I love S.G.....but she wasn't there...just sayin' 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/6/2020 at 4:45 PM, grs said:

Nothing. But I'm a member at the DSS.

DSS and RYCT hold combined SB20 races on Thursday nights, each club taking it in turns to run the series. Boats come from one club or another, Owners can be members of either club or both, Crew can be a member of either club or both. Owners can be a member of one club and crew of the same boat can be a member of the other club. The Alternative is that the DSS and RYCT have separate SB20 fleets forcing boats to sail at one or the other and for owners and crew to be members of that club, no one wants to see this. 

There fore there is no reason why you cant sail at the RYCT with out being a member of the RYCT.   

31 minutes ago, snoopy said:

There fore there is no reason why you cant sail at the RYCT with out being a member of the RYCT.   

This is true, but not what I was talking about. All I'm doing is trying to find a SB20 to sail on out of the club I am a member of.

19 hours ago, grs said:

This is true, but not what I was talking about. All I'm doing is trying to find a SB20 to sail on out of the club I am a member of.

What if a RYCT SB20 boat needs a crew? 

I am not being facetious here I am just interested in your stand as an Australian Sailing employee , An therefore helped create a system/culture that has pushed crew to joining the cheapest crew membership in the market place. 

The comps, especially in a multi club geo area, are not club centrick anymore and there has been a culture of "combined sailing" in Hobart for some time.The need to do this was identified by RYCT, DSS, and BYC many years ago. Your stance seems to be to go back to a individual club model. I would argue that the genie has been let out of the bottle AND the way forward would be the opposite, to open it up even further to allow movement of crew between races and events. 

13 minutes ago, snoopy said:

I am not being facetious here I am just interested in your stand as an Australian Sailing employee , An therefore helped create a system/culture that has pushed crew to joining the cheapest crew membership in the market place. 

The comps, especially in a multi club geo area, are not club centrick anymore and there has been a culture of "combined sailing" in Hobart for some time.The need to do this was identified by RYCT, DSS, and BYC many years ago. Your stance seems to be to go back to a individual club model. I would argue that the genie has been let out of the bottle AND the way forward would be the opposite, to open it up even further to allow movement of crew between races and events. 

Snoopy, old dog, it is utterly obvious to me that "the way forward" is whichever way generates the most revenue for AS, whether that way be good, bad, or indifferent for sailing in Australia...

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Weyalan said:

Snoopy, old dog, it is utterly obvious to me that "the way forward" is whichever way generates the most revenue for AS, whether that way be good, bad, or indifferent for sailing in Australia...

Maybe or it could be more about power and control of the sport. With the introduction of the Sail pass in a multi club competition will a crew member of my boat who is a member of a regional club have to get a Sail pass to one of the organising clubs of combined clubs when competing in the Combined Club Series and  if so will it be with the club that is running the race that day or at the club the boat is berthed at? 

10 minutes ago, snoopy said:

Maybe or it could be more about power and control of the sport. With the introduction of the Sail pass in a multi club competition will a crew member of my boat who is a member of a regional club have to get a Sail pass to one of the organising clubs of combined clubs when competing in the Combined Club Series and  if so will it be with the club that is running the race that day or at the club the boat is berthed at? 

Snoopy, this is ANARCHY, so the solution to this sailpass nonsense is to totally ignore it - if enough boats turn up on the start line and haven't done what they seeking they will soon get the idea.

Sailpass is NOT WANTED!

3 hours ago, snoopy said:

I'd say they'd be have to be hard up to call me.

My position (or stand, to use your word above) is a personal one really. Its simply a case of me preferring to sail on a boat out of the club I am a member of.

23 hours ago, snoopy said:

22 hours ago, grs said:

I'd say they'd be have to be hard up to call me.

My position (or stand, to use your word above) is a personal one really. Its simply a case of me preferring to sail on a boat out of the club I am a member of.

And that utterly dodges answering a relevant question about an increasingly common situation...... Most Helpful.

So well done on sucessful completion of step 2 of a multi step process as found in "Sports Administration: A Dummies Guide"

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

And so it seems the douchebags at AS are now trying to usurp the biggest rating system in oz. Poor darlings can't have much else to do in these Covid times

Is that based on the fact that they’re advertising for a Ratings Manager?

I’m half tempted to apply, but they’ve asked for a relevant tertiary qualification... which would have to be a qualified Naval Architect? Oh, and when you mention having an Employee Assistance Program as a “benefit,” it makes me wonder what the hell goes on there.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Jason AUS said:

they’ve asked for a relevant tertiary qualification

Pity they don't apply the same to the appointment of NJ's. At least a clause that requires them to of good character would be a start.

• Like 3

Interesting development

‘ORC Club’ comes to RSYS

19 August 2020

In addition to our existing PHS system, RSYS will also be offering ‘ORC Club’ handicapping for Saturday mixed division racing Read this explanation of ORC Club.

Already, many Squadron boats have received their ORC Club certificate. Ian MacDiarmid, skipper of Hell Razer is extremely positive towards the certification process. He says ‘Nicolas at the Australian Sailing ratings office was superb to work within having my ORC Club certificate issued. I had a completed ORC Club certificate for my boat back within 3 hours of submitting the information to Australian Sailing’.

Stephen Ellis skipper of Division 2 boat Agent 88, is also excited about racing under ORC Club at RSYS. He says, ‘I think the inclusion of ORC Club handicapping is a great addition to the Clubs Saturday racing series and should prove to be very popular among the fleet’.

The team from North Sails will be at the club this Saturday 22 August from 9am until 11am to help members measure their sails. This is available to all members irrespective of who their sailmaker and is free of charge however, you must register by 5pm tomorrow Thursday 20 August. Please ensure you book your place for the sail measurement day with the RSYS Sailing Office sailing@rsys.com.au.

ORC Club information night
To help members better understand ORC Club, we will be hosting an ORC Club information night on Tuesday 1 September at 7.30pm.

Key speaker is Nicolas Degorce from the Australian Sailing ratings office who will cover:
1. How to obtain an ORC Club certificate
2. What you can do to optimise your ORC Club handicap
3. How to change your ORC Club handicap.

At the end of the meeting, participants will be able to ask questions. Due to COVID restrictions this meeting will be held via zoom.
Register here

3 hours to get a certificate back, really.

That has to be bullshit given it takes 3 weeks to get an IRC ct back unless you want to pay double tariff.

Another AS ploy, get the punters in then shaft them with new fees.

2 hours ago, lydia said:

Another AS ploy, get the punters in then shaft them with new fees.

This. ^  ORC club is a mickey mouse system that is derived from IMS but with less credibility

So Glen, who tells you to fuck over every club that does not pay AS enough money.

Your regatta on the same day as the local one that has run for 69 years.

What, nobody could be bothered checking the calendar.

And don't use the bullshit that is up to the club that hosts your regatta ( or is it not your regatta)

Or don't the plebs count!

Queensland Yachting Championships incl. IRC & Trailerable Championships: 19 – 20 September 2020

OR

The 69th Bribie Cup | 19th September 2020

The Bribie Cup Yacht Race is an Annual event organised by Queensland Cruising Yacht Club with the support of the Bribie Island Sailing Club.

Held in early to mid September each year the race starts off Shorncliffe, proceeds past Scarborough Point to Deception Bay and finishes near the Bongaree Jetty on Bribie Island.

This race started in 1952 with a single monohull division. The race now boasts up to 4 divisions each year including a multihull division and a classic division.

Both QCYC and Bribie Island are affiliated clubs last time I looked.

Or is it you just don't care!

Or are only boats from one club entitled to enter your regattas.

And if anybody reading this thread can't understand why Lydia is always harsh on AS, this sort of shit is why!

Must just be a Queensland  thing, like two sets of Reasons in a protest decision, like port has rights over starboard.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, Rambler said:

Around the club?

They already have one, they just left the gate open.

They sure did. And someone is about to drag them kicking and screaming out from behind that wall (where they can act like they want) and into the real world. One where people wear wigs and refer to each other as ‘learnered friends’). And where actions have consequences. 

So as ye sew, so shall ye reap...

9 hours ago, lydia said:

So Glen, who tells you to fuck over every club that does not pay AS enough money.

Your regatta on the same day as the local one that has run for 69 years.

What, nobody could be bothered checking the calendar.

And don't use the bullshit that is up to the club that hosts your regatta ( or is it not your regatta)

Or don't the plebs count!

Queensland Yachting Championships incl. IRC & Trailerable Championships: 19 – 20 September 2020

OR

The 69th Bribie Cup | 19th September 2020

The Bribie Cup Yacht Race is an Annual event organised by Queensland Cruising Yacht Club with the support of the Bribie Island Sailing Club.

Held in early to mid September each year the race starts off Shorncliffe, proceeds past Scarborough Point to Deception Bay and finishes near the Bongaree Jetty on Bribie Island.

This race started in 1952 with a single monohull division. The race now boasts up to 4 divisions each year including a multihull division and a classic division.

Both QCYC and Bribie Island are affiliated clubs last time I looked.

Or is it you just don't care!

Or are only boats from one club entitled to enter your regattas.

Is the IRC states open to any eligible boat?

Not two months ago we all sat in a meeting of all SE QLD stakeholders in keel boat racing to discuss how to grow the fleets. All clubs were represented including RQYS. All other clubs agreed to cooperate in avoiding calendar clashes and then RQ do this. The States will be nothing more than a joke with one TP52 crewed by pro’s and a handful of club boats. I wonder if Hollywood is still in the state. It would be great to see Ray and the boys hand the envy guys their arse on a plate again like they did at AB. 

40.7 rudder for sale. Yes folks in my garage I have the only spare 40.7 rudder in the country. I am happy to sell it to the highest bidder but any prospective buyers will need to demonstrate that they are willing to act in decently and with integrity. So what do I hear is an opening bid...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

40.7 rudder for sale. Yes folks in my garage I have the only spare 40.7 rudder in the country. I am happy to sell it to the highest bidder but any prospective buyers will need to demonstrate that they are willing to act in decently and with integrity. So what do I hear is an opening bid...

Not from Qld!

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Is the IRC states open to any eligible boat?

Not two months ago we all sat in a meeting of all SE QLD stakeholders in keel boat racing to discuss how to grow the fleets. All clubs were represented including RQYS. All other clubs agreed to cooperate in avoiding calendar clashes and then RQ do this. The States will be nothing more than a joke with one TP52 crewed by pro’s and a handful of club boats. I wonder if Hollywood is still in the state. It would be great to see Ray and the boys hand the envy guys their arse on a plate again like they did at AB. 

And that meeting was held at the Australian Sailing premises and attended by all three local Australian Sailing staff members.

One staff member even published a document recording the outcomes of the meeting and what everyone had agreed to particularly about event clashes and cooperation between the clubs

So why don't those staff members have to resign

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Put it on local noticeboards that is for free incl free installation on condition they they support your re admission to their club and your subsequent flag officer nomination. :lol:

• Like 3
53 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Put it on local noticeboards that is for free incl free installation on condition they they support your re admission to their club and your subsequent flag officer nomination. :lol:

Forget the Flag Officer shit- who wants to take the helm when you are heading for the rocks? A simple public apology would do it but as that is never going to happen I think I am just going to enjoy running it through the bandsaw. And posting the Vid of me doing it on the members Facebook page, 

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

And  few flag officer resignations, the appointment of voluntary administrators, sale of some assets to pay down debt, refunds to berth holders who have been fleeced for the last 20 years to keep the club solvent..

That might be a start.

Of course you would skilled people to serve as directors.

Ah, there is your problem.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, LB 15 said:

LB, no one will believe you, there must be at least credibility in the story!

5 hours ago, LB 15 said:

A simple public apology would do it but as that is never going to happen I think I am just going to enjoy running it through the bandsaw. And posting the Vid of me doing it on the members Facebook page, 

OK mate I have dug out these two soundtracks for your rudder/bandsaw vid. This is guaranteed to drive the cunts mental. 

My favourite is the 2nd one ....wonderful subtitle juxtaposition that slides in at the 10 sec mark. 

My recommendation is this is the point where you drive the blade into the blade.. so to speak. 

PS. I would also suggest covering the blade, the rudder one, with caricatures for added effect. Also some dumb cunts need a bit of a hand understanding a underlying highbrow cineamatic theme.

I have attached some samples.  

IMG_20200822_150731.jpg

IMG_20200822_145021.jpg

The decision that always confused me was awarding Glenn Ashby the Australian Sailing male sailor of the year award for winning the America’s Cup. While sailing for New Zealand.

Am I the only person who thought that the voting panel missed the target on that one?

• Like 2