• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So what's wrong with an Opti kid being awarded the Rolex Male athlete of the Year?  Here's what  Shirley Robertson had to say: "Marco is undoubtedly a great talent, and I'm sure in time we will s

It's strange where one can gain motivation, sometimes in the unlikeliest of places. Mrs Octopus, stumbled a bit and has misrepresented the facts. Curious by comparison just appears to be  misinformed,

That's an awesome set of rose-coloured glasses you've got on! Yes, I prefer the discourse be public as other anarchists are interested also in the discussion.  You must be puzzled by the disconne

Posted Images

The term bullied gets bandied around a lot lately.  It seems to be common practice if you don't like what some one said, HTFU as Chopper would say.  Being bullied is what happens in school yards where your lunch money gets pinched, not "someone called me names, I am being bullied".  If you want to post on this forums you can expect to be "bullied" under that definition.  Bunch of soft-cocks.

• Like 7
39 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:
MA should be chased for breaching rule 69.1 for still going after Hipgrave "conduct that may bring, or has brought, the sport into disrepute"

image.thumb.png.725db02c7c1139afce5a2d9f55266044.png

The funniest thing in the cartoon is the Australian Sailing bathtub leaking!

The cartoonist clearly knew something, or someone at AS.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Dark Cloud said:

It's pretty clear that someone is being bullied here, and is in need of this so-called 'member protection policy'

Exactly what I have been thinking since reading the policy!

1 hour ago, DtM said:

A three person tribunal has been appointed I understand.

National Sports Tribunal panel.

Now if Australian Sailing can just find a signed Complaint from the 4 people.

Or rather the signed complaint is not the one referred by AS to the NST as that was been "negotiated" by AS with a complainant after the fact.

And it not like Mr Hipgrave was made aware of the original complaint until after the NST complaint was negotiated and the NST Tribunal appointed.

I have watched "the war" with interest and was saddened it made the newpaper.  What is happening to our sport ?

The AS member protection policy has procedures and intent defined.  It should form the basis of assessing a complaint fairly and transparently but also confidentially no matter who it is from.

In this case its all about bully behaviour.  The key is to find facts and form recommended actions.  A complaint can include all sorts of demands for punishment.  They should be ignored when dealing with a complaint, it is up to the club who is hearing the complaint to determine whatever sanctions are appropriate.  At a protest hearing I could demand all I want including insisting that the other boat should be banned for life, but the protest committee will decide not me, based on process and the rules.  They will come up with the outcome - time penalties, DSQ etc

This one is interesting as the people involved are members of different clubs.  Normally a complaint would be heard within the club who are organising the relevant event.  This matter occurred outside of an event.  So I guess it goes up the hierarchy and hence to AS as the issue is between individuals in different yacht clubs.

There is nothing stopping MH from preparing his own complaint to AS if he thinks he has grounds.

So one battle is over, I guess the next one begins.  It's like that TV show where people put these wonderfully built robots in a cage and they try to destroy the others.  The victor stands smiling at the end as they hold the battered ruins of their prized robot and look around at the carnage.

• Like 3
On 6/4/2021 at 1:56 AM, Abbo said:
MAY 27, 2021
by Mark Hipgrave.
Hi All
I want to give you an update on the legal action that Matt Allen has brought against me, but first I want to thank you for your great support. I’ve been feeling pretty down over all this and your support, especially from people I don’t even know, has been very encouraging.
I’m pleased to report that the defamation issues between Matt and I are almost finalised, and after a fair bit of legal to-and-fro, have agreed to publish the following on this webpage:
Apology to Matthew Allen AM
On or about 6 November 2020, I created a video with the title "Double Handers and the S2H", which was posted on the website www.captiongenerator.com. I also circulated a link to the video by email to a number of acquaintances with an interest in sailing, and referred to the video, and repeated some of its themes, in the Go Fund Me page I set up to raise funds for my defence of defamation proceedings brought by Mr Allen in respect of the video. On the Go Fund Me page I was also critical of Mr Allen's conduct of the legal dispute which arose as a result of the publication of the video.
The video ridiculed Mr Allen and it and my Go Fund Me comments conveyed a number of seriously defamatory imputations about him. I accept that those imputations are completely false, and acknowledge that I should not have created the video and circulated it to others, nor referred to Mr Allen in the terms I did on the Go Fund Me page.
I sincerely apologise to Mr Allen for my actions, and unreservedly withdraw any defamatory imputations conveyed about him as a result.
I note that the defamation proceedings have now been resolved and that Mr Allen did not require me to pay any damages as part of the settlement agreement.
While the defamation proceedings are now resolved on May 7th Matt’s lawyers advised that he was continuing a separate but related complaint through Australian Sailing to have me banned from competitive sailing for the rest of my life.
I’ll keep this page up for a while longer so I can let you know how this Australian Sailing Complaint goes.
Please pass this on to anyone who you think might be interested.

late on this one.

so does this mean the video is not still available to see?

Stakes are quite here for the AST and the extent that they are simply an instrument of political retribution.

Can’t wait

The way I read the Member Protection Policy, anyone who feels that the decision to stop two-handers from winning the Tattersall's Cup was made under coercion - I mean the Commodore at the time did say members had threatened to protest, then they could ask that this decision be investigated to see whether in fact the RC at CYCA was "influenced", and if so by whom.

Then if those people are identified they should be investigated under the Policy.

Also I believe MH has a strong case that he has been "bullied", if the reports of an investigation are correct.

Had this been settled quietly no one would have known. Taking action through AS just exacerbated the situation, and that's what has brought the sport into disrepute (if that is even possible).

18 minutes ago, mccroc said:

Had this been settled quietly no one would have known. Taking action through AS just exacerbated the situation, and that's what has brought the sport into disrepute (if that is even possible).

I don't think any less of them.

Indeed, except for the possible (but sparse) entertainment value inherent in this thread, I don't think of them at all.

FKT

• Like 1

Just read the update on Mark Hipgraves GoFundMe page.  Makes AS look like a bunch of inept fuckwits, as usual.

I haven't worked out a way to copy it and paste here - anyone else?

13 hours ago, (p)Irate said:

So can we think of any nominations?

https://www.sailing.org.au/news/hall-of-fame-nominations-open-for-2021-inductees/

Corrupt official of the year?

Thin-skinned cry baby of the year?

Most exclusive club of the year? ie the club that excludes the most members.

Any other suggestions?

Yes I think you may have summed that up nicely

• Like 2
18 hours ago, (p)Irate said:

https://www.sailing.org.au/news/hall-of-fame-nominations-open-for-2021-inductees/

Any other suggestions?

Double handers can't win our race dot com ?

and 

You can't buy, campaign and think you can win in a boat worth less than what I spend on my boat in a year do you ?

Pulpit

On 6/22/2021 at 9:24 PM, (p)Irate said:

Any other suggestions?

Cunt of the Year for Season 2020-2021 will look good up there on the shelf with all the other accumulated silverware. I'm sure the recipient will polish it often. And maybe the trophy too?

• Like 3
8 hours ago, Flatbag said:

Cunt of the Year for Season 2020-2021 will look good up there on the shelf with all the other accumulated silverware. I'm sure the recipient will polish it often. And maybe the trophy too?

Nice Garry!

10 hours ago, Flatbag said:

There's a wall of them at the MONA in Hobart.

• Like 1

Here's the Sailing CV of a guy that I reckon could be nominated:

I started competitive sailing in 1966. I did my first S2H Race in 1972 and got my first Australian blazer in 1977 as a member of the Australian Admirals Cup Team.

Since then I’ve done countless coastal and offshore races, here and overseas.

I got into solo and DH racing a few years ago and have competed in the Solo Trans-Tasman Race (2014), Solo Fastnet Race (2016) and the DH Melbourne to Osaka Race (2018). A highlight was the 2017 OSTAR (the solo Trans-Atlantic race from Plymouth UK to Newport RI USA made famous by Francis Chichester in 1960) where I became only the third Australian to ever compete and gained two podium positions (line honours and IRC). This, plus a Division win in the 2017 S2H earned me the Queensland Offshore Yachtsman of the Year Award in 2017.

Who wants to second him?

• Like 9
2 hours ago, mccroc said:

I started competitive sailing in 1966. I did my first S2H Race in 1972 and got my first Australian blazer in 1977 as a member of the Australian Admirals Cup Team.

I got into solo and DH racing a few years ago and have competed in the Solo Trans-Tasman Race (2014), Solo Fastnet Race (2016) and the DH Melbourne to Osaka Race (2018). A highlight was the 2017 OSTAR (the solo Trans-Atlantic race from Plymouth UK to Newport RI USA made famous by Francis Chichester in 1960) where I became only the third Australian to ever compete and gained two podium positions (line honours and IRC). This, plus a Division win in the 2017 S2H earned me the Queensland Offshore Yachtsman of the Year Award in 2017.

Who wants to second him?

gets my vote

• Like 2
5 hours ago, mccroc said:

Who wants to second him?

Slight technical problem!

You have to a member of an affiliated club and by the time the awards are announced, MH will be banned for life.

Well according to the CEO of Australian Sailing anyway.

5 hours ago, mccroc said:

Who wants to second him?

Go for it..

I don't think anyone needs to second it..

https://sailinghalloffame.org.au/nominate/nomination-form/

I'm sure the selection panel will judge it fairly

image.thumb.png.b8a5d69b94e60a46ca597883862314d1.png

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Livia said:

Slight technical problem!

You have to a member of an affiliated club and by the time the awards are announced, MH will be banned for life.

Well according to the CEO of Australian Sailing anyway.

I have had the experience of being threatened to be banned from the sport by members of the Sailing Committee of the CYCA in the past - it would be interesting to see if their Policy has a backdated element - I have a fellow member who had the same experience. I do believe that threatening to have someone banned is in itself bullying as described by the AS's own policy.

So I am prepared to put myself on the line to make a complaint to AS if MH gets sanctioned. I cannot see from multiple readings of their policy that they could possibly refuse to investigate my complaint should I make one. I don't know who authorised, or was complicit, but I would rely on AS's own investigation to work out whether any bullying occurred and by whom, both in regards to MH, and the pressure put on CYCA's RC as regards changing the eligibility of short handers to win the Tattersall's Cup. Even the CYCA Commodore admitted that he was threatened with a protest if they were to be eligible. Isn't that bullying as described by the AS Policy?

If anyone from AS is monitoring this - you know who I am - get in touch.

• Like 3
1 hour ago, SloopJohnB said:

That's not PC there are no indigenous people in the photo! 

But there’s a couple of wimmen? Or are they sheilas?

9 hours ago, mccroc said:

I have had the experience of being threatened to be banned from the sport by members of the Sailing Committee of the CYCA in the past - it would be interesting to see if their Policy has a backdated element - I have a fellow member who had the same experience. I do believe that threatening to have someone banned is in itself bullying as described by the AS's own policy.

So I am prepared to put myself on the line to make a complaint to AS if MH gets sanctioned. I cannot see from multiple readings of their policy that they could possibly refuse to investigate my complaint should I make one. I don't know who authorised, or was complicit, but I would rely on AS's own investigation to work out whether any bullying occurred and by whom, both in regards to MH, and the pressure put on CYCA's RC as regards changing the eligibility of short handers to win the Tattersall's Cup. Even the CYCA Commodore admitted that he was threatened with a protest if they were to be eligible. Isn't that bullying as described by the AS Policy?

Yep and I will be bring one against the flag officers of a certain Queensland club, I wonder if I will also get to pick who hears it and when it will be held?

• Like 3
On 6/24/2021 at 8:16 PM, mccroc said:

Monitoring might be too strong a word, but one does pop in for a read from time to time. Your assumption however is quite incorrect. With all the pseudonyms and aliases I've no idea who is who in here. Peoples' identities on Sailing Anarchy are the sport's greatest mysteries.

27 minutes ago, grs said:

Monitoring might be too strong a word, but one does pop in for a read from time to time. Your assumption however is quite incorrect. With all the pseudonyms and aliases I've no idea who is who in here. Peoples' identities on Sailing Anarchy are the sport's greatest mysteries.

Fair enough, I'll wait for the results of the MH complaint, and take it from there.

34 minutes ago, grs said:

Glenn

Good to see you are keeping up the best traditions of Australian Sailing.

You can identify and know at least 20 of us here.

Especially as last time I saw you you where having a rum with at least four of them and that was in one club.

Livia

• Like 6
23 hours ago, Livia said:

Glenn

Good to see you are keeping up the best traditions of Australian Sailing.

You can identify and know at least 20 of us here.

Especially as last time I saw you you where having a rum with at least four of them and that was in one club.

Livia

Good golly, He'd have a hard time just knowing what time it was.  image.png.723053994f8da20c59110d379b376d90.png

On 6/26/2021 at 10:09 AM, Livia said:

New category: Affiliated Club with Most accurate Annual Financial Statements.

New Category: Director of an affliated club with the largest Director Penalty Notice. 

New Category: Affiliated club with biggest trading loss to member ratio.

On 6/26/2021 at 10:41 AM, grs said:

Peoples' identities on Sailing Anarchy are the sport's greatest mysteries.

I am Spartacus. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Ripple Rider said:

When was New Zealand included as part of Australian time zones?? 

since we became a bubble. or now a non-bubble. 

Wait till next week

On 6/26/2021 at 10:09 AM, Livia said:

New category: Affiliated Club with Most accurate Annual Financial Statements.

New Category: Affiliated Club that received more than AUD $500 per full member in Government Co-vid 19 relief in the preceding year.

40 minutes ago, Livia said:

New Category: Affiliated Club that received more than AUD $500 per full member in Government Co-vid 19 relief in the preceding year.

what about Affiliated Club making the largest increase in profit/paying off debt compared with pre-covid.

Why dont you start the ball rolling putting your name and contact details in you forum signature.

6 hours ago, Livia said:

We need a new organisation to look after keelboat racing. How about the 'Coalition of Unaffiliated Nautical TeamS'. 

When we ring GRS to discuss issues his PA can say to him 'it is those CUNTS again'

• Like 4
1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

We need a new organisation to look after keelboat racing. How about the 'Coalition of Unaffiliated Nautical '. TeamS  TwatS

When we ring GRS to discuss issues his PA can say to him 'it is those CUNTS again'

FTFY

FKT

• Like 1
On 6/29/2021 at 8:58 AM, Livia said:

New Category: Affiliated Club quickest to issue Amended Financial Reports.

On 6/29/2021 at 6:29 AM, 44forty said:

Welcome to fantasy island , I’m mr Roarke 

Do you work for AS ?

AS is  fantasy Island and GRS plays Tattoo in real life. you know that annoying little shit who thinks he knows all until Mr Roarke -  normally played by a rich owner  ( MA comes to mind after all he's number one ) and tells him he's wrong and all ends well for Mr Roarke ( MA).

Pulpit

• Like 3

On 6/29/2021 at 3:42 PM, Factor said:

Why dont you start the ball rolling putting your name and contact details in you forum signature.

Factor,

GRS doesn't need to put his contact details in his forum signature. If you want his contact details all you need to do is just PM one of the many members who post in this forum and we can pass on his details to you.

Pulpit 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, pulpit said:

Factor,

GRS doesn't need to put his contact details in his forum signature. If you want his contact details all you need to do is just PM one of the many members who post in this forum and we can pass on his details to you.

Pulpit 

or get it from this page

https://www.sailing.org.au/about/ourstaff/

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Skirmish said:

My god that’s a lot of people doing who knows what. “Bloated” is a word that comes to mind.

And how many are dedicated to the olypmic programs versus the rest of us

• Like 1
15 hours ago, pulpit said:

Do you work for AS ?

AS is  fantasy Island and GRS plays Tattoo in real life. you know that annoying little shit who thinks he knows all until Mr Roarke -  normally played by a rich owner  ( MA comes to mind after all he's number one ) and tells him he's wrong and all ends well for Mr Roarke ( MA).

Pulpit

What would tattoo say instead of “da plane da plane” ? 

“da Figaro da Figaro !” Or “ da sunfast da sunfast” or “da dehler da dehler ! “ or “da JPK on da plane !”

4 people in finance for a revenue of just 17mill !!!!

63 staff which I presume includes contractors

"The main expenses being for staff at $7,110,699 (44% of the total costs) and contractors for $1,593,321 (10%)."

Average salary $138,159

5 hours ago, Bill E Goat said:

"The main expenses being for staff at $7,110,699 (44% of the total costs) and contractors for $1,593,321 (10%)."

Average salary $138,159

:angry:

• Like 1

There are a lot of other coaches I think.

The tip of a very expensive iceberg.

Remind me what the average sailing club member gets from AS?

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Bill E Goat said:

Average salary $138,159

Well come on now; you can't get National level indolence and a suitable requisite level of sclerotic bureaucracy without sufficient hierarchy to fill an org chart. And those stacked egos are not cheap! 

Then you need to have appropriate offices, with regional sites and travel budgets

19 hours ago, Bill E Goat said:

Average salary $138,159

Well it does include the “dishonest pieces of shit “ bonuses.

12 hours ago, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

Rail roaded and banned for life when a weathly member gets hurt feelings.

What do mean railroaded, I would say straight up lied too.

A panel has been appointed.  Not sure where the process with the panel is up to.

The whole thing seems out of proportion to me.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, DtM said:

A panel has been appointed.  Not sure where the process with the panel is up to.

MA's vindictiveness is not a good look. The irony of it all, is that it's about him going against the interests of the sailors he represents on the world stage. 

23 hours ago, 44forty said:

What would tattoo say instead of “da plane da plane” ? 

“da Figaro da Figaro !” Or “ da sunfast da sunfast” or “da dehler da dehler ! “ or “da JPK on da plane !”

Don't think they would be sailing any of those - they're shorthanded boats - can't have that in AS!

• Like 1
3 hours ago, DtM said:

He should be judged by a panel of his peers. Our newly formed Keelboat organisation is ideally suited to the task.

Let him be tried by us CUNTS®

• Like 1

Maybe if there is a Sydney Hobart race this year, the whole fleet should have a mandate like the Tour de France did and stop sailing (drop their sails) just after the start as a protest to AS. Not sure if MA would be part of this!

• Like 2

I see AS are still calling for nominations for their self important awards

Who are your favourites?

Individual Award Categories

• Male Sailor of the Year
  • Butthurt Thin-Skinned Vindictive Prick of the Year
  • Female Sailor of the Year
  • Para Sailor of the Year
  • Youth Sailor of the Year
  • Offshore Sailor of the Year
  • Coach of the Year
  • Like 3
On 7/2/2021 at 2:19 PM, Chucky said:

Maybe if there is a Sydney Hobart race this year, the whole fleet should have a mandate like the Tour de France did and stop sailing (drop their sails) just after the start as a protest to AS. Not sure if MA would be part of this!

They would all e too scared to 'take a knee' like that..

So anyone want to have a chat about the prescription to RRS 46 that come in to play January 1st? I know it has been mentioned before.

I wonder whether forcing owners to have their crew pay could be construed as bullying?

On 7/1/2021 at 12:17 PM, Bill E Goat said:

Average salary $138,159

I think you are being a bit harsh on the 4 staff in Finance.Have you ever tried to reconcile the expenses receipts for when you have the Gravy Train operating.Was originally meant to be only running during peak times but apparently now running around the clock.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mccroc said:

So anyone want to have a chat about the prescription to RRS 46 that come in to play January 1st? I know it has been mentioned before.

I wonder whether forcing owners to have their crew pay could be construed as bullying?

Yep, went racing a few Sundays ago with on the boat of a commodore of a well known yacht club. 

He had his next door neighbour and local real estate agent both of whom had never raced before and were new to sailing.

No membership and no sail-as.

His club had about 40 boats for a winter series.

A near by club that enforces the rule will have about zero.

• Like 2

Still free at our club, hopefully this continues.

There is some hassle with using the app to log in crew-members and I understand we might be using a different app soon.

I was not a fan of Sail Pass when I heard it was to be introduced. I still think it's a shocking idea for clubs to charge more than a token amount for the service. I know some boats at our club have been DSQ'ed for not logging in however I believe this is generally caused by registering crew for the wrong race.

• Like 1

Well, one the Australian Sailing Premier clubs , according to it’s annual Report sold a whole 131 passes last year.

Even at $25.00 each, assuming it was collected as opposed to inflating member numbers, guess SAilpass is a complete failure at those numbers

not to mention alienating each keel boat owner in need of crew at each week

• Like 7

I can’t wait for AS director to come out and acknowledge it was a complete fuck up at odds with the culture of the sport.

No wait that isthe alternative reality.

• Like 7
21 hours ago, Livia said:

I can’t wait for AS director to come out and acknowledge it was a complete fuck up at odds with the culture of the sport.

No wait that isthe alternative reality.

That would be like Dan Andrews admitting he was wrong

• Downvote 1

What kind of participation strategy is creating barriers to casual participation and BANNING MEMES?!

My club thinks a junior pathway goes in a straightline from Optis to the Olympics. Everyone I know that almost won a junior nationals in 420s or was a training partner to that guy who got silver in the Lasers doesn't sail anymore. I like sailing with the stereo on and crushing beers with my mates after. We're your growth demographic AS pay fucking attention.

Or better yet leave us alone.

• Like 9
3 hours ago, dchs89 said:

What kind of participation strategy is creating barriers to casual participation and BANNING MEMES?!

My club thinks a junior pathway goes in a straightline from Optis to the Olympics. Everyone I know that almost won a junior nationals in 420s or was a training partner to that guy who got silver in the Lasers doesn't sail anymore. I like sailing with the stereo on and crushing beers with my mates after. We're your growth demographic AS pay fucking attention.

Nice post.

7 hours ago, dchs89 said:

That's my take on it.

We do quite a bit of sailing. We don't do any sailboat racing. We never will. I don't give a fuck about the Olympics in any shape or form, let alone sailboats.

Easiest way to not give money to AS is don't belong to a club that pays them fees.

FKT

On 6/30/2021 at 2:44 PM, Livia said:

New Category: Affiliated Club quickest to issue Amended Financial Reports.

New Category: Affiliated Club quickest to issue Further Amended Financial Reports

• Like 1