8 hours ago, Livia said:

Think about it!

From what I’ve been told Genoa came out of the track and retired from S2H? 

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So what's wrong with an Opti kid being awarded the Rolex Male athlete of the Year?  Here's what  Shirley Robertson had to say: "Marco is undoubtedly a great talent, and I'm sure in time we will s

It's strange where one can gain motivation, sometimes in the unlikeliest of places. Mrs Octopus, stumbled a bit and has misrepresented the facts. Curious by comparison just appears to be  misinformed,

That's an awesome set of rose-coloured glasses you've got on! Yes, I prefer the discourse be public as other anarchists are interested also in the discussion.  You must be puzzled by the disconne

Posted Images

^^^ Poor starving bastards......I see under the "Operating Expenses" heading that "Sustenance" was down from $245k to just $120k.....someone...quick... pass the hat around!

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see if the ‘Legal Expenses’ jump up around 400% in this yet to be reported current financial year to cover  the MH Member's Protection Policy Tribunal Invoice or will be be hidden somewhere else.Maybe a placed under a new expense entry ‘Ego Massaging’aka ‘I’m upset’

• Like 3
2 hours ago, DELETED said:

6828A287-4DA6-472B-90F9-9CA76FA72DDD.thumb.png.cc7ab0ed130b54734993d30a104ff635.png

CA1153A0-F89A-47EF-8981-AA67C3FBBEE4.png

Too funny for words.

wondering who the 8 members are now!

So the peak body has eight members, all of which it controls and do not in practical terms exist.

But us non members all pay.

Btw as I have spent all day working on court documents concerning Section 182 and 183 of the Corporations Act, section 182 is improper use of position and section 183 is improper use of information.

Of course there is insurance.

• Like 3
47 minutes ago, Livia said:

Too funny for words.

So the peak body has eight members, all of which it controls and do not in practical terms exist.

But us non members all pay.

Btw as I have spent all day working on court documents concerning Section 182 and 183 of the Corporations Act, section 182 is improper use of position and section 183 is improper use of information.

Of course there is insurance.

Bearing in mind that There are Homeless, Young and aged and disabled people and Veterans, Carers,Teachers,Nurses all struggling to feed and find shelter for themselves & their families here in Australia today…

For those so inclined to see Whos Who and Whats what in the Taxpayer Funded Sailing Admin Racket: 

(Disclaimer: i advise removing all breakable objects from your immediate vicinity and wear a neck brace and gumshield whilst reading to prevent injury due to excessive head shaking and teeth grinding).

https://www.sailing.org.au/about/annualreports/

https://www.sailing.org.au/about/quarterly-report/

(Also remember, this is the Publicly published stuff…) Enjoy.

On 1/18/2022 at 8:31 PM, Livia said:

I thought there was protest about Oskana receiving the Seamanship award!

Maybe they realised you can't give an award to a boat that has retired so they will award it to the boat that selflessly fired off a flare to notify a boat and raised them on Channel 16 to tell them they had a personal Eprib activated

8 hours ago, Livia said:

Too funny for words.

I think the 8 refer to the states and territories associations, which of course no longer exist as they have been swallowed by AS, if that’s the case then technically they have no members!

3 minutes ago, TheUltimateSockPuppet said:

I think the 8 refer to the states and territories associations, which of course no longer exist as they have been swallowed by AS, if that’s the case then technically they have no members!

Any state official that voted in OneSailing should be seat adrift 50 miles offshore in westerly gale.

Might contribute to Mr Beck’s campaign fund today and do the odd company search.

Last time I looked, at least three of the members where zombie entities and now Tasmania has joined them.

Then again Australia has a proud and distinguished history of national organisations taking over state ones and appropriating the assets.

The unions have played the game since federation.

• Like 1
19 hours ago, atnan said:

Re. SailPass, I was crewing an RPAYC race the other day (inshore) and a crew list was mandatory. Having a valid SailPass with all your details filled in isn't sufficient, because there's no connection between SailPass and SailSys. So you end up filling out your details twice.

What also came as a surprise was that I'd registered for a free SailPass for the date of the race via RANSA, but then read the RPAYC NOR which modifies Rule 46:

3.9 The attention of Owners and/or Persons-in-Charge is drawn to RRS 46 Person in Charge and Crew eligibility. RRS 46 is amended as follows:
(a) All persons on board that are not members of RPAYC, shall register for a RPAYC Sail Pass for each day they intend to compete in an event or race that is organised by the RPAYC. SailPass registration shall be prior to the event or race starting. All required fields shall be completed.
3.10 Sail Passes acquired at other Clubs, are not valid at RPAYC.

So a SailPass is not enough, in some cases it might need to be a SailPass from the club organizing the event. Fortunately RPAYC's SailPasses are free, but it's not hard to imagine that clubs who charge for SailPasses will probably start requiring a SailPass issued by them.

Well that is exactly the shit attitude that comes from AS and filters down to the clubs. Even though they may be free of charge, it means AS counts you numerous times. It is a rort that makes the pollies look like amateurs. Why does RPAYC want all of your contact details? What are they going to do with those details? Is their privacy policy acceptable? Do you have to have 5G on your phone?

How many other clubs will do this? Will AS endorse this as a reasonable thing to do?

Interestingly, I have told a number of my fellow club members that I have given up racing - none are surprised. These are all members in their late 60s and 70s. It will irrevocably hurt club yacht racing.

On 1/19/2022 at 12:03 PM, Boink said:

Well Done on giving GRS the only excuse he and AS will ever want, to not be transparent about their worthless Insurance scam.

To ask for non specific details about total premiums paid, # of claims made, # of claims cases paid and value of claims is a valid request. Especially by those who have to have this scam coverage. No personal or private details are required. Remember it is not the affiliated clubs who hold or pay for the cover - It is the non voting, non member, AS number holders who have no say in the matter. The affiliated clubs are complicit in this foundation of funding and trying to tether crews to their balance sheets - the clubs will not want to upset the AS driven apple cart, even when they tacitly acknowledge it is borderline unethical. 

Coincidence that GRS was also the first to give you a like for your post.......? 

I think not.

Like I said the correct way to access this info is via a request from a club. I can imagine the IT manager at AS asking Glen who wants the information. 'Why its for 'Boink' 'LB 15', 'Pusslicker' and 'Fark you to'.

I too would like to see the stats. Might even ask my club to do it but they have a bit on with the Surf 2 City this weekend.

And I have given your post a 'like' so you don't feel left out.

On 1/19/2022 at 12:03 PM, Boink said:

Coincidence that GRS was also the first to give you a like for your post.......? 

I see he has just liked your post as well.

Fuck I love this place...

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

I see he has just liked your post as well.

Fuck I love this place.....

I see that as well......YCMTSU

They (AS) are pissing themselves laughing whilst they get given the good ideas by the likes of you and celebrate their own good fortune of riding the gravy train that will run into the ground.

GRS always likes posts which are critical of him.

It is part of his supercilious approach to criticism. Very bloody irritating.

• Like 3

Out of interest if a Pro sailor had flown into the country and then jumped on a clients boat without completing the mandatory isolation period, and the owner and crew knew- what would be a suitable penalty.

Purely hypothetical of course.

11 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Out of interest if a Pro sailor had flown into the country and then jumped on a clients boat without completing the mandatory isolation period, and the owner and crew knew- what would be a suitable penalty.

Life ban from the sport or Rule 69 ?

1 minute ago, Dark Cloud said:

Life ban from the sport or Rule 69 ?

Yes that is what I think. For everyone who knew. Hypothetically speaking of course.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, LB 15 said:

What sort of person, owner or crew would do something like that?

2 hours ago, (p)Irate said:

Yes - that is a very thought-provoking question...

Rules are just for the little people, after all.

FKT

10 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Deport him to Serbia

• Like 2
On 1/13/2022 at 9:29 AM, Secret Experiment said:

But having said this, one of the things I love about sailing is that you take responsibility for yourself, your boat and your crew.  The increasing level of mandates from authorities takes away some of the sense of achievement you get in planning and executing your voyages safely (in my view).

100% correct. If you are racing it is called Racing Rules of Sailing, Rule 3. Some of these organisations seem to forget they are there for the sailor, sailors aren't there for them.

• Like 6
12 hours ago, (p)Irate said:

Purely Hypothetical of course. As if the genteel sport of sailing would have such entitled, selfish, win at all costs, type of people participating...

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Purely Hypothetical of course. As if the genteel sport of sailing would have such entitled, selfish, win at all costs, type of people participating...

Would this be a little humdrum hypothetical? or a big hypothetical that Mr g robertson would salivate over?

Or from another angle...... Would such hypothetical have had big ramifications in the placings, or just meh.

22 hours ago, LB 15 said:

depends were the person flew into

12 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

Deport him to Serbia

A Kiwi friend posted a funny on Facebook "Australian Government showed they understood tennis very well with their excellent 'return of a serb'.

A drift I  know but quick thinking

• Like 1
On 1/21/2022 at 11:34 AM, LB 15 said:

At least he wasn't a cockhead tennis player

47 minutes ago, Bill E Goat said:

At least he wasn't a cockhead tennis player

Same sense of entitlement one would think or at least disregard for others.

• Like 1

Then there is the big boat crew that all signed the declarations as clear on arrival, but a few days back later back in Sydney  over half were positive.

All caught it at the Customs House apparently.

Pretty unlucky.

21 minutes ago, Livia said:

Then there is the big boat crew that all signed the declarations as clear on arrival, but a few days back later back in Sydney  over half were positive.

All caught it at the Customs House apparently.

Pretty unlucky.

My source told me that the whole crew were positive and "they all caught it in Tasmania." 

On 1/21/2022 at 11:34 AM, LB 15 said:

You don’t mean like Steve ‘Mothy’ Jarvin, do you? The guy who was skiing at his place in America on the 20th of December, did the Hobart race on URM on Boxing Day, retired and was back skiing in the US by New Year’s Eve?

On 1/21/2022 at 10:34 AM, LB 15 said:

Sounds like a job for @grs!

18 minutes ago, Timmy Time said:

You don’t mean like Steve ‘Mothy’ Jarvin, do you? The guy who was skiing at his place in America on the 20th of December, did the Hobart race on URM on Boxing Day, retired and was back skiing in the US by New Year’s Eve?

No - I don’t mean anyone. Simply hypothetical.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, shanghaisailor said:

A Kiwi friend posted a funny on Facebook "Australian Government showed they understood tennis very well with their excellent 'return of a serb'.

A drift I  know but quick thinking

That or similar was posted on the Novax thread

1 hour ago, Timmy Time said:

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

No - I don’t mean anyone. Simply hypothetical.

I’m guessing someone on the boat that crossed the line in 2nd place on IRC

So the rules back then were

International travel

So if you left America on the 21st Dec you would arrive the 23rd Dec, 72 hours self isolation is 26th Dec and I got a test on the 23rd and got it back on the 27th

11 minutes ago, Rum Monkey said:

this was only for the people coming from southern africa. all other countries only needed a negative test result.

No prior to the 15th southern african travellers had to quarantine for 14 days now they were treated the same as everyone else, 72 hours

52 minutes ago, Bill E Goat said:

So the rules back then were

International travel

So if you left America on the 21st Dec you would arrive the 23rd Dec, 72 hours self isolation is 26th Dec and I got a test on the 23rd and got it back on the 27th

What were the rules at the end of November? Hypothetically.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, (p)Irate said:

What were the rules at the end of November? Hypothetically.

Hypothetically the Cabbage Tree Island qualifier.

Asking for a friend!

7 hours ago, Timmy Time said:

If this is the case, it sounds like Steve Jarvin is winning in life. 

Don’t know the players  and trying to put together the cryptic clues.Hum a few bars and I normally pick up the tune.If what I believe is being inferred here is that a key member of a Yacht that was bequeathed a Sydney Hobart win allegedly didn’t do a full mandated row of Isolation ( no provision for parole or early release) turns up and does the Hobart qualification race on said legendary #1 yacht after early self  release.Contributors here lead read to assume that there has been a Covid breach and that possibly race documentations may have non compliance issues.Have I got this concept close or completely miscued.Help a inquisitive brother out.Just asking of a friend!

48 minutes ago, Rotnest Express said:

Don’t know the players  and trying to put together the cryptic clues.Hum a few bars and I normally pick up the tune.If what I believe is being inferred here is that a key member of a Yacht that was bequeathed a Sydney Hobart win allegedly didn’t do a full mandated row of Isolation ( no provision for parole or early release) turns up and does the Hobart qualification race on said legendary #1 yacht after early self  release.Contributors here lead read to assume that there has been a Covid breach and that possibly race documentations may have non compliance issues.Have I got this concept close or completely miscued.Help a inquisitive brother out.Just asking of a friend!

Hey RE, I'm similarly trying to read between the lines, but don't worry, we'll be able to read all the gory details in the Australian Sailing report, which should be made public about 2052.

• Like 2
20 hours ago, SCANAS said:

If this is the case, it sounds like Steve Jarvin is winning in life. 

If I was on URM for the start I would have been on the first plan out of the country too!!!

What a cockshow!

• Like 4

So I couldn't help myself - motored past Celestial in Athol Bay. Yelled out: "You were robbed!". Guys on board smiled, but a woman swimming on a float off the stern yelled up to the guys and said" Yeah, you were robbed!"

Would have been funnier if they were rafted up to Itchybum, but felt good anyway - Happy Australia Day.

• Like 4
On 1/23/2022 at 5:57 PM, Rotnest Express said:

Any more on this ?

On 1/31/2022 at 9:38 AM, Bill E Goat said:

Any more on this ?

On 1/31/2022 at 11:15 AM, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

Don't be silly.

Try paging @Livia he's all about town and full of tasty morsels........ 

On 2/10/2022 at 11:01 AM, TheUltimateSockPuppet said:

Having spent a fair bit of time in the old Australian Sailing office I often wonder if they were the inspiration for this show?

Utopia (TV Series 2014–2019) - IMDb

• Like 7

Ladies and Gentlemen, may I present to you the future of sailing...

More People on the Water, in More Ways, More Often – Australian Sailing’s New Strategic Plan

Published Wed 16 Feb 2022

Today Australian Sailing will launch its landmark 10-year strategic plan, “Sailing 2032”.

https://www.sailing.org.au/news/more-people-on-the-water-in-more-ways-more-often/?fbclid=IwAR2AgYwlplyDSbFOciiSnsTXNquTSG32cHzfMbXVyZSwde8yM3mLCKYrXcs

Now play nice everyone...

Sailing 2032 is a plan for Australian Sailing, however critically, it is also a call to action for our sailing clubs, Discover Sailing Centres, class associations, volunteers and sailing stakeholders to embrace and align with our plan, to collectively benefit us all.”

Come on everyone lets work together as a team and do it my way...

Utopia : ABC iview

• Like 1

Only started to read it and came across this: "...Sailing 2032 charts the future direction of sailing in Australia, ensuring our sailing community continues to thrive,” said Australian Sailing President Daniel Belcher."

"...Continues to thrive..." Seriously...he thinks the sport is "Thriving"....FFS!!!

I'll wade through the rest of it...but we're not off to a good start here.....

• Like 4

....even with my eyes rolling I still managed a cynical chuckle at reading this:

"....ensuring there are mechanisms in place to reward and recongise success...."

Clearly, mechanisms are needed...starting with...spell check!

• Like 3

Love this bit:

»  We are aware of who our participants and members are, what they want and we can communicate with them directly.

So that's what SailPass is really about? Who would have guessed?

Oh, this is pretty well said too:

» Culture Crew – An internal working group, made up of cross-functional employees will focus on activating the Values & Behaviours of Australian Sailing and ensuring there are mechanisms in place to reward and recongise success.

I wish they would spend as much time on sailing, as they do on writing  meaningless policy statements.

Sorry Couta you had already pointed out the mistake while I was typing!

Edited by mccroc
  • Like 3

Outstanding piece of cut & paste corporate babble for the benefit of govt departmental approval.....bottom line.....Focus will remain firmly on Lympix...noses will remain firmly in the trough....

Business as Usual.

• Like 3

Our drive to deliver on our strategic plan and achieve our purpose will be focused on three key
strategic pillars and six strategic foundations.

Rob Sitch on creating some of Australia's most loveable film characters

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, Couta said:

Outstanding piece of cut & paste corporate babble for the benefit of govt departmental approval.....bottom line.....Focus will remain firmly on Lympix...noses will remain firmly in the trough....

Business as Usual.

Strategic Pillars, 2000s corporate speak.

No3 To become the number one Olympic sailing country in the world uniting and inspiring our community and nation. 

So does that mean No1 Olympic nation, as in number of medals or the number on nation at uniting and inspiring our community? 

The sad thing is that it's got nothing to do with making sailing better for %99.99 of us sailor.

It's all about a cash grab thanks to the Brisvegas Olympics. Pretty pathetic.

• Like 2

Culture Crew – An internal working group, made up of cross-functional employees.

Culture Club - A new wave 80's boy band made up of cross-dressing poms.

• Like 1

Well ArSe has cross-functional employees. What the fuck does that mean?

We need our little friend GRS to help out with 'splainin' this document.

Is he the chairman of cross-function?

What a load of drivel.

• Like 2

Having spent years as a marketing consultant to corporates and Government I found nothing more amusing than when they talked about 'Creating a culture' within the organization. The challenge was always to break the culture, not create one.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

The sad thing is that it's got nothing to do with making sailing better for %99.99 of us sailor.

It's all about a cash grab thanks to the Brisvegas Olympics. Pretty pathetic.

The old Australian Yachting federation and then Australian sailing liked to reinvent themselves with a future vision document full of 'Pathways' every couple of years. Makes them feel like they have real jobs.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, FinnFish said:

Strategic Pillars, 2000s corporate speak.

No3 To become the number one Olympic sailing country in the world uniting and inspiring our community and nation. 

So does that mean No1 Olympic nation, as in number of medals or the number on nation at uniting and inspiring our community? 

And so it continues, the bulk of funding will continue to go to the Chosen Few to take part in their precious 4-yearly Medal Quest at the continuing expense of the development and growth of the grass roots sport nation-wide. There are none so blind as those who will not see.

• Like 4

OK..so they've nailed their colours to the mast...and so we know zactly what to expect (more of the same). The question remains, "wots to be done?"

Until there's pushback from clubs...a real revolutionary group that says "enough!" and stops affiliating...or better still forms a new representative body that has sailors as their primary stakeholders....we can just sit back and piss'n moan. (and yeah..I'm so over this shit that I'm probably ok with that). That said, if there are people out there with the drive and the skills, the money and the time....I'd be happy to play whatever supporting role in the re-imagining of the sport I love.

Once again we see that this sport, much like this country...operates in spite of its governing bodies, not because of it.

• Like 6
4 hours ago, DtM said:

Well ArSe has cross-functional employees. What the fuck does that mean?

We need our little friend GRS to help out with 'splainin' this document.

Is he the chairman of cross-function?

What a load of drivel.

LB has nailed it. 

5 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Culture Club - A new wave 80's boy band made up of cross-dressing poms.

10 hours ago, Couta said:

Until there's pushback from clubs...a real revolutionary group that says "enough!" and stops affiliating...

There wont be any push back from clubs, club officers are continually enticed with the prospect of membership of the AS elite. 

The only hope I see is to concede that AS does not represent us the sailors and create a "players association" as in most other professional sports 

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, Rawhide said:

There wont be any push back from clubs, club officers are continually enticed with the prospect of membership of the AS elite. 

The only hope I see is to concede that AS does not represent us the sailors and create a "players association" as in most other professional sports 

Probably right Rawhide...the club administration has more in common with AS than they do with sailing members...and there's always an "accreditation" to be achieved...and the promise of the possibility of travel to a sanctioned regatta and expenses in return for their ongoing commitment. 

It highlights the "us & them" we see at every club....racing sailors need race course admin...but few of those admin have really raced at a high level (if at all)...and when there's an on course screw up, we, the sailors criticise them...so naturally they're drawn to the support they feel they get from AS.

So...a players assoc would need to have its own race admin...supported by sailors, for sailors....hmmm.

1 hour ago, Couta said:

Probably right Rawhide...the club administration has more in common with AS than they do with sailing members...and there's always an "accreditation" to be achieved...and the promise of the possibility of travel to a sanctioned regatta and expenses in return for their ongoing commitment. 

It highlights the "us & them" we see at every club....racing sailors need race course admin...but few of those admin have really raced at a high level (if at all)...and when there's an on course screw up, we, the sailors criticise them...so naturally they're drawn to the support they feel they get from AS.

So...a players assoc would need to have its own race admin...supported by sailors, for sailors....hmmm.

And it could follow the AS Insurance Template.Promise the world and  give basically no meaningful cover of any significance.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Couta said:

I was thinking of simply as a lobby group finally giving voice to the sailors. Or would AS simply say we don't recognise your association? Could Australian Recreational Sailors Ensemble (ARSE) join World Sailing direct and run its own events?

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Rawhide said:

I was thinking of simply as a lobby group finally giving voice to the sailors. Or would AS simply say we don't recognise your association? Could Australian Recreational Sailors Ensemble (ARSE) join World Sailing direct and run its own events?

If you register it as a religion, the tax breaks and government grant opportunities may make it more profitable than AS.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Rawhide said:

Members should be referred to as “Bandits”..

All ‘Rules’ should be referred to as ‘Points of Order’ and the rule book be printed in Toilet roll form where each ‘POO’ is printed on a square(Ticket) :D

At least that way even new comers to the sport would find ‘Australian Recreational Sailors Ensemble (ARSE)’ immediately more useful than AS ever could be to them.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Rawhide said:

There could be push back, from many clubs, f only the voting club members grow some balls, put up a motion, at their clubs next General Meeting, to reject the use of RRS, and the AS prescriptions, and, use ColRegs only.

the next motion, to be put to the club members to vote on, us, to nt pay any future AS Affiluation fees, and dsaffiliate.

just two motions to vote on, and your clubs committee then acts.

yep, it'll take balls, but, once a bit of a groundswell gets going, then, you'll get change.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, JasonL said:

There could be push back, from many clubs, f only the voting club members grow some balls, put up a motion, at their clubs next General Meeting, to reject the use of RRS, and the AS prescriptions, and, use ColRegs only.

the next motion, to be put to the club members to vote on, us, to nt pay any future AS Affiluation fees, and dsaffiliate.

just two motions to vote on, and your clubs committee then acts.

yep, it'll take balls, but, once a bit of a groundswell gets going, then, you'll get change.

IOW, as I have said on a number of occasions prior to your post, never.

I fully agree with you but it won't happen. There isn't the support. Most people simply don't care.

Memo to self: write to MP telling them that AS in no way represent my or my interests and I oppose giving them taxpayers' funds.

Which will be just as effective ie not at all.

FKT

12 hours ago, JasonL said:

to reject the use of RRS, and the AS prescriptions, and, use ColRegs only.

Col Regs do not work in racing situations eg; mark rounding, starts, overtaking etc.