clever or lame?

Editor

2 hours ago, jackolantern said:

Why would it be lame? I'd rather donate thinking it's going to healthy behaviors rather than donating to the boathouse keg fund. 

What’s wrong with theboat house keg fund...  they don’t call beer can racing for nothing. 

3 hours ago, bacq2bacq said:

I'm waiting for @VWAP to weigh in on the cougar-campaign before I decide.  Or were you asking about the thread, in a clever, self-referential way?

1 hour ago, Marcjsmith said:

What’s wrong with theboat house keg fund...  they don’t call beer can racing for nothing. 

2B7787A000000578-3202828-image-a-10_1440

• 4 weeks later...

(zombie resurrected only for a quick chat with @VWAP)

Hurray!  VWAP, you didn't disappoint, I knew I could count on you!  

Speaking of being predictable (or not...), I think I finally understand your monicker here at SA.  ^_^

I recently found myself with a bit of free time and decided not to waste it posting here, but to start some serious back-testing on an idea I had long ago and only explored in excel at the time, and I had entered a few trades at IB to see if it would work.  It did, but I got bored or something and moved on to do some engineering, my "real" occupation.

I am now staring at screens of my own custom indicators and trade strategies developed in python and running in a backtrader environment.  That's some pretty slick stuff if you are into algos.  I'm getting pretty familiar with that environment now, able to do both inter- and intra- work, etc.  I should be able to move to live without too much more work, I am already read-only to my account with IB.

Guess what is missing (I think... there is a lot there...) from backtrader?:    Yup, VWAP!

Gunna just hafta build my own...

So... do I now understand where your name originated?  Cheers and thanks for being more predictable than a market. b

On 10/11/2019 at 11:41 AM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

i've raced at / against CoC,  there's got to be an oyster roast and plenty of weed involved to keep the sailors happy..  beer, yeah and beer too..

I liked CofC a heck of a lot more than some of the dick schools we went to regattas at. In fact I would say the only thing better than night-before beer-basketball at the CofC gym would chilling in The Ark at Clemson.

- DSK

My nephew goes there. Beer and weed and sailing are the only majors that I’ve heard of.  And now they’re going to provide the munchies. He will be temporarily satisfied for the next 3 years.

7 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

Beer and weed and sailing are the only majors that I’ve heard of.

No women?

22 hours ago, bacq2bacq said:

Speaking of being predictable (or not...), I think I finally understand your monicker here at SA.  ^_^

I recently found myself with a bit of free time and decided not to waste it posting here, but to start some serious back-testing on an idea I had long ago and only explored in excel at the time, and I had entered a few trades at IB to see if it would work.  It did, but I got bored or something and moved on to do some engineering, my "real" occupation.

I am now staring at screens of my own custom indicators and trade strategies developed in python and running in a backtrader environment.  That's some pretty slick stuff if you are into algos.  I'm getting pretty familiar with that environment now, able to do both inter- and intra- work, etc.  I should be able to move to live without too much more work, I am already read-only to my account with IB.

Guess what is missing (I think... there is a lot there...) from backtrader?:    Yup, VWAP!

So... do I now understand where your name originated?  Cheers and thanks for being more predictable than a market. b

Do you "Sail" a v15 or duh firefly?

WornOutFadedStainedMensSocksAshleyWeston

On 11/6/2019 at 10:06 AM, VWAP said:

Do you "Sail" a v15 or duh firefly?

?

I'm confused, or, rather you are, I think.  Maybe I was too oblique in my references above.  So I'll translate my post for you, but dude, if you wanna call a sock a sock around SA/PA, do the due d.  It's not hard, but I'm not going to lay out name address and serial no for you.  Let me translate my rationale for resurrecting this lame zombie point by point:

On 11/5/2019 at 11:40 AM, bacq2bacq said:

- that should be clear...

- this was my way of thanking you for getting my "cougar" joke.

- maybe I'm wrong, but my guess was that it stood for "Volume Weighted Average Price": VWAP.
- I predicted you typically would respond with some chicks of some kind.
- Markets are quite unpredictable, but day-traders try to tame that with VWAP.
- That little symbol there at the end is a "wink" that denotes that there might be a joke going on there, somewhere, and maybe on someone.
- That someone was not meant to be you.

- seems clear, all that.  I didn't mean for the quotation marks to confuse anyone. 
- "IB" is Interactive Brokers, someone likely to be known to a trader.

- to a day trader or other kind of geek some of that might have made some sense.  But don't trouble yourself.

- here, I refer to the missing stock-market price indicator.

- I am not incapable of crafting an algorithm when needed.

- I ask a question, whether my guess about the origin of your name was correct, so that you might reply without having to reveal any personal details whatsoever, which, around here, might be a good thing.
- I salute you, thank you for your always elegant and tasteful postings in a way that, I thought, kinda wrapped the whole thing up in a way that, had your monicker here actually been representative of the words "Volume Weighted Average Price" we together could have had a good chuckle to ourselves.

All said in typical good ole' SA well-meaning spirit. 
And I am met with this:
WornOutFadedStainedMensSocksAshleyWeston

instead of something more usual, like, say, this?

I guess my guess was wrong, and @VWAP is not so predictable after all.  Move along, nothing to see here folks...

Archived