dachopper

Sydney to Hobart 2020

1 hour ago, Gorn FRANTIC!! said:

Somebody mentioned up thread that they saw Alive leaving Sydney yesterday. Their Facebook post last night says they were planning on doing the L2H if the boat was allowed to enter Tasmania, but given the conditions we've had up here i highly doubt they would have made it that far south so quickly. 

As long as 'delivery crew' have Tasmania entry permits and they go into quarantine all is fine and arrival time not an issue.

However race crew needed to be in Tasmania no later than 12.01am this morning or no racing. 

If boat left yesterday morning BEFORE both NSW announced Greater Sydney Area as medium risk and Tasmania responded, then they will need to go online enroute and get their Tassie entry permits. This is where they will be advised if they are self or state quarantining or told upon arrival with this late notice.

If not this happens. 

2 hours ago, Livia said:

Looks like a Tasmanian Hobart entry returning to do the Launceston race got turned around in the strait last night by the water police 

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

As long as 'delivery crew' have Tasmania entry permits and they go into quarantine all is fine and arrival time not an issue.

However race crew needed to be in Tasmania no later than 12.01am this morning or no racing. 

If boat left yesterday morning BEFORE both NSW announced Greater Sydney Area as medium risk and Tasmania responded, then they will need to go online enroute and get their Tassie entry permits. This is where they will be advised if they are self or state quarantining or told upon arrival with this late notice.

If not this happens. 

There is a transit provision in the Tassie health act which captures Tasmanians who transit a designated low or medium risk region. If a Tassie race boat is in Sydney and their Tassie delivery crew fly to Sydney - transit straight to the boat and piss off - they're all good. If you transit through a high risk region you are stuffed and need to isolate for 14 days. Only applies to Tasmanians with a residential in the state.

Tassie has only applied restrictions to the Greater Sydney area - anyone else from Australia still can come without isolation requirements.

Any Tasmanian can return to Tassie and actions you will be required to undertake on arrival are determined by where you have been, the fine print and the Health Department..........

How good would it be if all states had a standard set of rules rather than the national shitshow this pandemic has shown the federation to be.....

1 hour ago, Waterfront said:

How good would it be if all states had a standard set of rules rather than the national shitshow this pandemic has shown the federation to be.....

Australia under threat of invasion and a national emergency, the states each pitch in with an army, some an airforce, some both, one even the boy scouts.

What could go wrong.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mezaire said:

When the original post said "returning" yacht, I assumed it was a Hobart based yacht, which Alive is not.

2020 entrants now removed from the CYCA webpage so I'm trying to recall the other Tassie entrants.

Philosopher

Sidewinder

Midnight Rambler

That's about all I remember 

You can see the entrants in TopYacht - https://www.topyacht.com.au/db/kb/1253 

3 hours ago, Waterfront said:

A federation of states, just like the constitution states. What the fuck is it about you cunts and rules? Each state can do whatever the fuck they need to do to keep their population safe. And so they should as the geographic and population challengers that say Tassie, WA and Qld have are all vastly different. I am all for keeping cunts out of our state that may be infected. Who the fuck wouldn't be, except for the 'It's only the Flu' and 'old people are going to die anyway' brigade fucktards?

That bag of shit Premier of ours only won the election by shutting the borders when Sydney had 10 cases and now she has dragged her feet all weekend and finally acted. No doubt she was under pressure not to from the unions that own her fat arse. Like it or not we have gone for elimination of the virus  (and rightly so on an island) and keeping reacting to events with border closures is part of that. It it seems 'unfair' then harden the fuck up. A global pandemic is unfair. All you cunts should stop bitching and look a the Coronavirus dashboard.

We are indeed the lucky country.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

3 hours ago, Waterfront said:

There is a transit provision in the Tassie health act which captures Tasmanians who transit a designated low or medium risk region. If a Tassie race boat is in Sydney and their Tassie delivery crew fly to Sydney - transit straight to the boat and piss off - they're all good. If you transit through a high risk region you are stuffed and need to isolate for 14 days. Only applies to Tasmanians with a residential in the state.

Tassie has only applied restrictions to the Greater Sydney area - anyone else from Australia still can come without isolation requirements.

Any Tasmanian can return to Tassie and actions you will be required to undertake on arrival are determined by where you have been, the fine print and the Health Department..........

WEBSITE SAYS NO. entry denied!

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:
5 hours ago, Waterfront said:

A federation of states, just like the constitution states. What the fuck is it about you cunts and rules? Each state can do whatever the fuck they need to do to keep their population safe.

Wrong.

States CAN'T do what ever they like under the Biosecurity Act 2015 (Cth) which replaced the Quarantine Act 1908 (Cth) with regard to 'quarantinable diseases'. 

The States can ONLY do what ever the Feds ALLOW them to do in accord with the devolution of health care to the States. 

The Constitution DOES NOT prevent the  Commonwealth taking FULL control of all quarantine matters under Biosecurity Act 2015 (Cth). They have CHOSEN not to. 

The Commonwealth have ALREADY taken over full control before.

During 1919 Spanish Flu the Commonwealth Director of Quarantine, CL Cumpston, was responsible for quarantine at ALL ports and across ALL state lines.

Australia was fairing well during the Spanish flu being one of the last countries for it to take hold  where it circled in from both east and west. Testimony to centralised quarantine control.

However things went to shit when a ship returning to Melbourne via NZ where there was a isolation breach. Some cunt got loose and ended up in NSW and Victoria didn't tell NSW.

15K dead later which is around 75k in today's numbers. The States fucked up then and are fucking up today. 

LB you have been suckered by Morrison spin. He is passing the parcel for when it goes to shit and the accepting accolades when it is going swimmingly.

34 minutes ago, Livia said:

WEBSITE SAYS NO. entry denied!

Fair enough - scratch a bit deeper.

"Transiting through a medium or high-risk area: The traveller transits directly from the low-risk area to an airport or seaport by vehicle, only stopping for fuel." That is consistent with what Public Health have confirmed with a few today. I guess if they get Tas e-travel QR stuff issued they ticked the box in the opinion of those who tick the box. Linky

Anyway - no biggy - whether these boats, even if they want to, can put up a race crew is a different matter.

@LB 15 - we are indeed the lucky country and you are of course correct.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Waterfront said:

"Transiting through a medium or high-risk area: The traveller transits directly from the low-risk area to an airport or seaport by vehicle, only stopping for fuel." That is consistent with what Public Health have confirmed with a few today. I guess if they get Tas e-travel QR stuff issued they ticked the box in the opinion of those who tick the box. Linky

Anyway - no biggy - whether these boats, even if they want to, can put up a race crew is a different matter.

That’s my understanding of it to. Direct to airport or to boat by private vehicle or masked if on public transport. 

12 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

During 1919 Spanish Flu the Commonwealth Director of Quarantine, CL Cumpston, was responsible for quarantine at ALL ports and across ALL state lines.

CL Cumpston?

I believe my great grandfather’s initials were JHL

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Rushman said:

CL Cumpston?

I believe my great grandfather’s initials were JHL

The 'L: was right and I threw in the 'C' to recognise his CMG. :D

Cluey guy. 

• Like 1

Looking to leave Tasmania mid January to Qld by power boat.

Looking very much like a non stop trip right now.

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Yes for one and wrong for one. 

Do we are not a federation of states apparently. I see the bar at terminal 1 is still open.

Wrong.

States CAN'T do what ever they like under the Biosecurity Act 2015 (Cth) which replaced the Quarantine Act 1908 (Cth) with regard to 'quarantinable diseases'. 

The States can ONLY do what ever the Feds ALLOW them to do in accord with the devolution of health care to the States. 

The Constitution DOES NOT prevent the  Commonwealth taking FULL control of all quarantine matters under Biosecurity Act 2015 (Cth). They have CHOSEN not to. 

Australia was fairing well during the Spanish flu being one of the last countries for it to take hold  where it circled in from both east and west. Testimony to centralised quarantine control.

However things went to shit when a ship returning to Melbourne via NZ where there was a isolation breach. Some cunt got loose and ended up in NSW and Victoria didn't tell NSW.

15K dead later which is around 75k in today's numbers. The States fucked up then and are fucking up today. 

LB you have been suckered by Morrison spin. He is passing the parcel for when it goes to shit and the accepting accolades when it is going swimmingly.

Blah blah blah. What a croc of shit Health is the states responsibility and with a state of emergency they can do what ever they want. 

17 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Blah blah blah. What a croc of shit Health is the states responsibility and with a state of emergency they can do what ever they want. 

Not with a 'quarantinable disease' as declared under the Biosecurity Act 2015 ( Cth) they can't. The States have to sniff ScoMo's cock. 

Fuck no wonder port and starboard is such a fucking problem in your postcode. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Waterfront said:

Yep, I am doing the Launceston Race & was on the phone to Tas Health last night where the loverly lady (who's partner is also doing the Launceston to Hobart), told me about this option.  When I asked for a link  I was told that it wasn't on the website yet but had been announced.

My previous entry QR code was auto cancelled but I have reapplied and received a new one.  Condition is private car to airport no stops inside medium or high risk zones except for fuel.  I am coming from Newcastle, a low risk zone and flying out of Sydney,  medium risk and have been assured that unless there are further changes I will be allowed in to compete.

And with the story on tonights news of the amount of RUM that Customs House is holding,  they are going to need me to ease their burden!

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

The States have to sniff ScoMo's cock. 

Time he started wacking some around the head with it then.

Like this one who has just introduced a 28 day user pays quarantine especially for Victorians.

Andrews just announced closing the border to visitors from Sydney and given Victorian residents until 11.59pm tomorrow to get home OR face two weeks of hotel quarantine at their expense.

Melbourne International closed since July up until recently, so Victorians returning from overseas landed in and quarantined in Sydney or elsewhere in Australia for 2 weeks. Long term bookings so more Victorians arrive daily to quarantine outside Victoria.

Now for those VICTORIANS allowed out of quarantine FROM tomorrow, but CAN'T get into Victoria by 11.59pm tomorrow, Andrews is insisting they quarantine AGAIN for 2 weeks and AGAIN at their expense.

Yeah state by state control just works dandy.

30 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Like this one who has just introduced a 28 day user pays quarantine especially for Victorians.

Andrews just announced closing the border to visitors from Sydney and given Victorian residents until 11.59pm tomorrow to get home OR face two weeks of hotel quarantine at their expense.

Melbourne International closed since July up until recently, so Victorians returning from overseas landed in and quarantined in Sydney or elsewhere in Australia for 2 weeks. Long term bookings so more Victorians arrive daily to quarantine outside Victoria.

Now for those VICTORIANS allowed out of quarantine FROM tomorrow, but CAN'T get into Victoria by 11.59pm tomorrow, Andrews is insisting they quarantine AGAIN for 2 weeks and AGAIN at their expense.

Would you expect less from our dicktator!

apparently only relaxed his harder stance of "shot on sight at the borders" on CHO Brett's recommendation as it is Christmas?

Latest hotel quarantine pax figures from Home Affairs. Between 28 March-18 Dec:

NSW 88,949
Vic 21,508
Qld 29,845
WA 22,751
SA 7,126
NT 3,510
ACT 623
Tas 118

3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Wrong.

On the imposition of uniform duties of customs, trade, commerce, and intercourse among the States, whether by means of internal carriage or ocean navigation, shall be absolutely free

The premiers are in breach of section 92. of the constitution.

1 hour ago, SCANAS said:

Latest hotel quarantine pax figures from Home Affairs. Between 28 March-18 Dec:

NSW 88,949
Vic 21,508
Qld 29,845
WA 22,751
SA 7,126
NT 3,510
ACT 623
Tas 118

And ?????

- Those figures after mid July come under the 4k/week cap. After then around half are Australian nationals.

- After mid July Melbourne airport closed. 

- Home Affairs became involved and indirectly in quarantine ONLY last month when they introduced the Australian Travel Declaration. 

- This declaration appeared 7 months AFTER closing border and introducing mandatory quarantine. This allows incoming passengers to declare their travel details well prior to travel and Aust Govt to more properly co-ordinate actual seats with actual quarantine places. 

- Up until last month this was shambolic.Shambolic is generous.

On 12/19/2020 at 5:01 AM, Jason AUS said:

That’s because when chucked on the grill for 5 minutes a side with some Garlic and rosemary they’re fecking delicious!

Sam Kegovitch would be proud of y'all Jason.....

Mate - I feel the pain but for all that is Holy why can't the people VOTE the mongrel out? Then use him as a wing mark heading up the Derwent FFS??? It's just as bad here in the UK I'll give ya the hot tip

18 minutes ago, Piet56 said:

Mate - I feel the pain ...

I was going to say you haven't got domestic disorganised border closure bullshit pain.....but just see Scotland has pulled up the drawbridge on England. :D

4 hours ago, Mr. Coventry said:

The premiers are in breach of section 92. of the constitution.

And when the shit hits the fan....ScoMo???

1508411817_giphy(27).gif.a35e2845d758b24f0fd9e1f041bdfe4e.gif

7 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

This pandemic is so unfair. I don’t understand why you are so keen to return to this shithole. I doubt that our slow internet will be able to cope with your 24 hour a day cut and pasting addiction anyway. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Alone in the wee hours of the morning and with no one to argue with,  Jack starts to quote himself. 

YCMTSU.

• Like 1

Done. Jack can use this one to quote himself.

8 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Sorry jack I missed that post. Can you quote yourself again?

Legs ...interest??

"Officials are looking at running an alternate race in NSW waters for skippers and crews who've missed out on racing the Sydney to Hobart". TS

Kiwi living in Australia, on the dole in sunny Burleigh taking the piss??

"Cancel Sydney Hobart .....All in the name of 'an abundance of caution' sorry stupidity"

LB get on your bike and chase this cunt on a bike down instead. 

Legs ...interest??

"Officials are looking at running an alternate race in NSW waters for skippers and crews who've missed out on racing the Sydney to Hobart". TS

South and back to finish in Sydney? Still show that bitchin start on tv?

3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Legs ...interest??

Eden Cup?

21 minutes ago, Checked said:

Eden Cup?

Distance good, weather favourable getting there and when there, but when they get there?

No marina yet, no public moorings so is there enough anchoring room conditions permitting if a decent roll up?

Do TP52's know what a anchor/rode looks like??

I reckon if they did anything, it should a 1-2 hour race around the harbour. 

Can’t keep everyone in limbo with offshore races at this time of year.

A bit of fun for all the otherwise disappointed crews, and could fit in the original television slot.

India are looking for a few handy blokes for Boxing Day if you got nothing on.

20 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

I'd guess that the people of Eden would not be happy for visitors from the Sydney region.

Yep and like any rural border area they would want to jealously preserve their preferential access to Victoria being fucked with by northern townies.

Any solutions to the quarantine problem over here? Not much happening over on ‘21 ATM.

15 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

I was going to say you haven't got domestic disorganised border closure bullshit pain.....but just see Scotland has pulled up the drawbridge on England. :D

Yeah - Jock's have been trying that since William Wallace days..... Interesting to see it's them rather than the English this time round.... Usual crap - not fact based, panic, false narratives & away ya go......... :ph34r::ph34r::huh:

18 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Not with a 'quarantinable disease' as declared under the Biosecurity Act 2015 ( Cth) they can't. The States have to sniff ScoMo's cock. 

Fuck no wonder port and starboard is such a fucking problem in your postcode. 

Gold

1 hour ago, Piet56 said:

Usual crap - not fact based, panic, false narratives & away ya go......... :ph34r::ph34r::huh:

"false narratives & away ya go"

Mate here a good conversation starter for you today watching people try and sneak out of London.

Australian CMO has just said Australia won't be closing border with UK unlike many in Europe overnight. Why?

Said there is NO evidence BJ's/Hancock's new strain they used as excuse to close Xmas is any different to many other new strains. WHO have said exactly the same thing. :D

35 minutes ago, Livia said:

Gold

Scomo just said that this is bullshit. The part about the border closures not the port/starboard shit.

In relation to that he said "The QLD port/starboard issue remains problematic and that is why I have instructed Australian Sailing to leave them off the national keelboat committee until the situation improves. AS has set a benchmark of 28 days without any community port starbords in QLD before they will be allowed back into the fold."

23 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Scomo just said that this is bullshit.The part about the border closures

Mate are your ears buried in someone's arse or got 2 cocks buried in your ears?

ScoMo just said (to journo question he doesn't appear willing to take over control from the states?) as follows;

"The states have to sniff my constitutional cock. They like sniffing my constitutional cock. I like them sniffing my constitutional cock. I can then blame then if they fuck up anything attached to me letting them sniff my constitutional cock.

There is no evidence we should stop this mutual love of cock sniffing and being sniffed as it is working well. However if I have to, I will put self interest aside and do so....I will then take them off the job and then have to sniff my own cock, which is better than having no cock to sniff like them."

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Mid said:

16x9

Most people can understand': Businesses say locals support ongoing  Queensland travel ban - ABC News

Good to see. Out you filthy Southerners!

File:SBS On Demand logo.svg - Wikipedia

Coming up next on SBS another in our Podcast series about living in airports. Aviation expert, political scientist and epidemiologist, Captain Jack Sparrow blogs several times each day (and night) from Heathrow airport as one of the hundreds of thousands of Australians trapped living in airports around the world.

In tonight's episode 'Children of the Carousel', Jack reports on the 1000's of children born to Australians parents in airports all over the world over the past 8 months. What does the future hold for these stateless children, and their obesity issues from a diet made up solely of airport food? 

Find out tonite in episode 41,726 of our aviation blog 'The flightless Sparrow'

Available to download from the SBS website or on your app store.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Coming up next on SBS after JS & Lilly's 'Rooting Using Outdoor Art' another in my award winning Podcast series 'Learn to Sail Lota Style'

This episode I reveal my signature 'port and starboard' tutorial using a banana.

25013074_2452849901607876_6530172034658336768_n-5a955edf2498d__700.jpg.2f13363ad32486bc8716bb55f1f1cd55.jpg

Please stop with Celeste Barber, very 2018 of you Jack. 

• Like 1

Jack-the-shill doesn't sleep much.

He posted over 70 in the past 24 hours and only slept for 5 hours!

Must be a cunt having to earn a living at a few cents at a time. 

nuclear-shill.gif

13 hours ago, jrfrancis said:

I reckon if they did anything, it should a 1-2 hour race around the harbour. 

Can’t keep everyone in limbo with offshore races at this time of year.

A bit of fun for all the otherwise disappointed crews, and could fit in the original television slot.

How about down to Cape Howe and return? Must be something of a bouy down there to use as a mark 

5 hours ago, astro said:

Jack-the-shill doesn't sleep much.

He posted over 70 in the past 24 hours and only slept for 5 hours!

Must be a cunt having to earn a living at a few cents at a time. 

nuclear-shill.gif

It must be hard to sleep when you have to keep changing gates. 

3 hours ago, Latadjust said:

How about down to Cape Howe and return? Must be something of a bouy down there to use as a mark 

Even if there isn’t a mark down there we can give the fleet a GPS mark to go round and track them by AIS. I’m shore it wouldn’t be a problem tracking them this way. Wild Oats will still win as we will take Ricko’s word that they rounded the mark became they may have a  AIS problems again as the crew who knows how to switch it on is overseas still. 

I’m shore Matt Allen will take out handicap Honor’s as well as it’s written into the SI’s so he doesn’t even need to start. The Queenslanders will take the rounding using the other port rounding and will protest the fleet for not knowing the rules. The short handed division will not be able to win any race Overall At the CYC as it may upset the tp 52’s owners and Matt Allen would be very cross at the Sailing management if they even make the top 10 even in a wags race 

So this race will be a winner and channel 7 will still make it a “Wild Oats” show only. 

So so are we still starting on Boxing Day ?

Pulpit

• Like 1

Janice Petersen | SBS News

In episode 42, 727 of our podcast 'The flightless Sparrow' , Aviation expert Jack does a review of the best Krispy Kreme donuts to have for xmas lunch, once again explains the Australian federation of states and hits back in his escalating word of words with the Prime Minister over Quarantine places.

That's in 'Scomo is a cunt' only available on your local SBS podcast.

41 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Janice Petersen | SBS News

In episode 42, 727 of our podcast 'The flightless Sparrow' , Aviation expert Jack does a review of the best Krispy Kreme donuts to have for xmas lunch, once again explains the Australian federation of states and hits back in his escalating word of words with the Prime Minister over Quarantine places.

That's in 'Scomo is a cunt' only available on your local SBS podcast.

How dare you besmirch the hottest woman on Australian TV, queen Janice

• Like 2

15 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:
16 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Coming up next on SBS after JS & Lilly's 'Rooting Using Outdoor Art' another in my award winning Podcast series 'Learn to Sail Lota Style'

This episode I reveal my signature 'port and starboard' tutorial using a banana.

13 hours ago, SCANAS said:

Please stop with Celeste Barber, very 2018 of you Jack

Scan the fact that you know about that woman now has me concerned for you. Mate everyone knows it can't be 2018 as AIS splitters now come shrouded in asbestos. What are you smokin, fried grass?

Scan far more importantly you really should turn your concern to your mate LB.

You can see the poor cunt has lost it. You know when his club, sorry restaurant at Lota took his signature port/starboard tutorial bananas off the menu, that was the beginning of the end. Then replacing it with a "Anything You Think You Can Get Away With on the Race Course Souvlaki" was the last fucking straw, not just for him.

However not being allowed to dine there anymore has completely done his fuckin head in. An obsession that now clouds even reasonable judgement.

Like he is convinced I was in Charles de Gaulle last week, this week Heathrow eating Krispy Cremes. BUT when I was last in those places Hollande and Cameron ruled.

This year in March LB hot foots it out of Milan, getting home only days before Australia closed its Covid proof fence and also beating all quarantine, BUT all while I was inside the fence then?? 

WTF. It's like I'm being 'teleported' by a drunken person who does teleporting.

Unfortunately this has crossed his 'blood-brain barrier' and mutated to 'ScoMo from marketing can do no wrong' and 'fellow Australians still stranded outside the fence are fuckwits'. 

I tend to be more grounded than that cerebral shitshow. However I do admit Lilly goes 'off her tree' occasionally just like LB.

PS. The stickers are only there as chafe protection, just in case you think I'm a prude. 

25008477_460338041027509_9189007067216609280_n-5a955ec22ba31__700.jpg

Paris last week, London this week. Who knows what airport you will be in next week? Incheon? JFK? Wherever it is Jack you should thank me. I am helping you see the world without having to leave your basement. 

7 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

I am helping you see the world without having to leave your basement. 

You could at the very least give me one with a light, even one with those really narrow windows that if I lost 15 stone could be used for escape. 

58 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

It's like I'm being 'teleported' by a drunken person who does teleporting.

But not the spelling. 

No spelling issues there. Can’t you tell the difference between an e and a crossed out e ?

A3B87A82-AD7B-4E28-BB97-73DE47928D5B.png

On 12/12/2020 at 10:26 AM, The Dark Knight said:

WTF

his yacht was recently bought by the AUS 80 Pty Ltd syndicate, headed by 27 Sydney Hobarts veteran Grant ‘Wharo’ Wharington, Gun sports boat sailor Paul Heyes, marine auctioneer Adrian Seiffert and Doug Sallis are also involved. The boat is called ‘Stefan Hair’; an odd name, many will think, but it is sponsored by Stefan Ackerie, a boating enthusiast who owns a chain of hairdressing salons and was probably best known during the seventies.

This Botin 80 is the former Beau Geste, which was fifth boat to cross the finish line in the 2017 Hobart and the last of five to finish inside the 2016 race record. It was also fifth over the line in 2016 and 2013. A consistent performer, the boat was sailed from America where it had been sailing as Cabron. An all-carbon canting yacht, it has similar foils to a V70, with daggarboards.  

The 80 footer, which only arrived in the country in early December had been optimised to suit IRC handicap, but Wharo says it slowed the boat down, so if time allows, they will go back to larger sails and water ballast. “We want to go as fast as we can. Its real strength is big breeze upwind and reaching. It’s a very powerful boat.” Wharo’s eldest son, 24 year-old Ollie, was on the delivery crew from the US and is doing his first Hobart, as is Sallis’ 24 year-old son Jarrod. All worked hard to get the boat to the line on Boxing Day.

stefan-hair-aus80.jpg

https://www.rolexsydneyhobart.com/the-yachts/2020/stefan-hair/

I'm surprised Richo is not involved with this...

with all the history of the dodgy history of the rating and the lawsuits .. scandal .. of course grant wharington has to be involved !

i assume she is sailing under the amended cabron rating

i thought the goat had become a dog ...  and should be be touched by a barge pole

there were plenty of big cheaper boats to be floating advertising 

1 hour ago, aussieinlondon said:

with all the history of the dodgy history of the rating and the lawsuits .. scandal .. of course grant wharington has to be involved !

i assume she is sailing under the amended cabron rating

i thought the goat had become a dog ...  and should be be touched by a barge pole

there were plenty of big cheaper boats to be floating advertising 

But this one still beat his 100’ Wild Thing to Hobart.

Would be great if he ran the CYCA

After 12 years at the helm of the Royal Ocean Racing Club (RORC), Eddie Warden Owen has informed the club of his desire to step down as Chief Executive Officer in 2021.

Eddie has also been responsible for the growth in entries and overall appeal of the club’s signature event, the Rolex Fastnet Race. Lifting the limits on entries to allow more Corinthian crews, while at the same time embracing the participation of professional classes, such as IMOCA 60s, Class 40s and grand prix multihulls,

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bill E Goat said:

Would be great if he ran the CYCA

After 12 years at the helm of the Royal Ocean Racing Club (RORC), Eddie Warden Owen has informed the club of his desire to step down as Chief Executive Officer in 2021.

Eddie has also been responsible for the growth in entries and overall appeal of the club’s signature event, the Rolex Fastnet Race. Lifting the limits on entries to allow more Corinthian crews, while at the same time embracing the participation of professional classes, such as IMOCA 60s, Class 40s and grand prix multihulls,

has he taken the bullet for the stupid idea to change the fastnet ?

10 minutes ago, aussieinlondon said:

has he taken the bullet for the stupid idea to change the fastnet ?

Doubt it, the majority of the members support the change. The antis made themselves look pretty foolish at the AGM a few weeks ago.

Forecast looks pretty great for the bigger boats. 24 hours of decent Northerlies on ECMWF at the moment. The 33 hours LH could have been in danger - depending on the timing of the Southerly. Probably would have suited a WOXI more than a Comanche with a lot of deep running.

Lots of ifs, obviously. I can almost picture Mark Richard preening on a channel seven interview, speculating about a record time on the 'old girl'.  And asking the chopper to stay away from the electronics pre-start....

Yes I know there is no race, no WOXI, no Comanche, no MR!

1 hour ago, Nixon said:

Forecast looks pretty great for the bigger boats. 24 hours of decent Northerlies on ECMWF at the moment. The 33 hours LH could have been in danger - depending on the timing of the Southerly. Probably would have suited a WOXI more than a Comanche with a lot of deep running.

Lots of ifs, obviously. I can almost picture Mark Richard preening on a channel seven interview, speculating about a record time on the 'old girl'.  And asking the chopper to stay away from the electronics pre-start....

Yes I know there is no race, no WOXI, no Comanche, no MR!

Routing shows a race time of 30 hours !!!!

On 12/17/2020 at 10:21 AM, jack_sparrow said:

Now out of Quarantine and owner ripping Scanas's dumb fuck stupid Polish Premier a new arsehole.

Sydney to Hobart boat owner slams Queensland's decision to quarantine crew

- 25 days straight from San Diego to Brisbane NOT stopping anywhere.

- Tracked throughout the trip by MSQ, and Qld Health given that confirmation.

- Still forced into hotel quarantine as Qld Health decide their 25 days at sea did not count towards their isolation.

- Isolated at sea a common Commonwealth exemption for state quarantine and first granted by Australian Border Force (States need that exemption) however then Qld Health overrides that.

Worst colour of any boat that has done S2H outside Jesica Watson.

stefan-hair-aus80.jpg

MW-ES659_baby_c_20160728081242_ZQ.jpg?uu

• Like 1

Someone needs to cook up a good quality pay to race, cash prize virtual Hobart in the next 36 hours.  Money to be made (and lost)

looking like a record breaking year going wanting ....

For the past umpteen years at this time I would tune in to watch the start, but this year I am painting the house, mowing the lawns, trimming the hedge, washing the cars.

4 hours ago, SloopJohnB said:

but this year I am painting the house, mowing the lawns, trimming the hedge, washing the cars.

thank fok it's wet here , doing none of that shite .

5 hours ago, SloopJohnB said:

For the past umpteen years at this time I would tune in to watch the start, but this year I am painting the house, mowing the lawns, trimming the hedge, washing the cars.

We just watch the cricket instead 

On 12/24/2020 at 5:16 AM, The Dark Knight said:

Sail online is doing S2H & M2D

S2H was a cracker too.