• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Easy peasy Wikipedia picks it up in the 1920s and includes things like the Tulsa race "riot" (ie mass murder and arson against black people by numerous white people) but it also will send you to

Think through that statement?   Okay... I'll think it through... You think a bicycle makes for a good mass replacement for the automobile. Giving this some thought.....  Okay... I've go

I can sorta tell you have never been to a USAean shopping mall . . 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Cacoethesic Tom said:

I hope so. He (Alan Gottlieb of the SAF )has certainly proven more useful than the NRA in the past.

:rolleyes: You are a bullshitter. Gottlieb did not manufacture the Heller Case. Robert Levy, the Chairman of CATO, did that. $olo.

You are a bullshitter... and you are in a situation...and now you lack any leader of character. The players (and their moves) lack moral fiber, Tom.

Your players have no North Star, but Ollie, in this (very dire) situation. You got Cris Cox,  maybe.

Tom, you were going to give to the NRA until it hurts, to save this situation. So how is your bank account these days?

The rats are beginning to turn on themselves--the sleaze-o behind Carry Guard is naming names already...in a book coming out next month

Former NRA Exec Breaks Ranks With Tell-All

Josh Powell, once chief of staff to Wayne LaPierre, will publish Inside the NRA: A Tell-All Account of Corruption, Greed, and Paranoia Within the Most Powerful Political Group in America in September, The New York Times reports.

16 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

:rolleyes: You are a bullshitter. Gottlieb did not manufacture the Heller Case. Robert Levy, the Chairman of CATO, did that, Solo.

You are a bullshitter,,, and you are in a situation...and now you lack any leader of character. The players (and their moves) lack moral fiber, Tom.

Your players have no North Star, in this (very dire) situation. You got Cris Cox,  maybe (but with Ollie North, fuhget it).

Tom, you were going to give to the NRA until it hurts, to save this situation. So how is your bank account these days?

The rats are beginning to turn on themselves--the sleazo behind Carry Guard is naming names already...in a book coming out next month

Former NRA Exec Breaks Ranks With Tell-All

Josh Powell, once chief of staff to Wayne LaPierre, will publish Inside the NRA: A Tell-All Account of Corruption, Greed, and Paranoia Within the Most Powerful Political Group in America in September, The New York Times reports.

41118f3e30ec576152bdb2950187c14be02736f4

3 minutes ago, Burning Man said:

(cat has my tongue)

It's a very fluid situation, with the key players going down the toilet. This is getting interesting. Your shit is falling apart, Jeffie.

• 2 months later...

It’s important that people have the right to own an AR-15 because sometimes you have to make an emergency drive across state lines in your Hummer to deliver fake ballots to a Philadelphia vote counting operation and it helps to have some unlicensed handguns, 160 rounds of ammo and an AR-15 to walk around in public with when you do that.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/07/us/pennsylvania-convention-center-arrests/index.html

This is a developing story, so no news yet about whether there was an “ordinary .22” in the vehicle, or whether the fake ballots were marked for Trump or Biden. Law enforcement is looking into whether the Qanon stickers all over the car might be a clue.

The Trump campaign has not yet complained about this particular instance of attempted voter fraud and could not be reached for comment. 

Beto Orourke did provide a statement: “Fuck these fucking fucknuts. I mean, what the fucking fuckedy fuck fuck?”

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Fakenews said:

Looking forward to Biden legalizing Marijuana, banning assault weapons and enacting gun and ammo controls.

it’s a new day in America!

Good luck with that. Justin Trudeau he is not.

On 10/31/2019 at 9:00 PM, Quotidian Tom said:

Biden Gun Control

Joe has lots of gun control plans, probably the most significant being a Beto-like approach to

DiFiScreenshotTruth.jpg

Like the rest of the candidates from a certain part of the Duopoly, he thinks squirrel rifles and plinking pistols in the censored caliber are "weapons of war" which seems silly to me but I guess passes as common sense gun control. I won't say which part of the Duopoly since doing so seems to upset ben and I like him, but let's just say this fact has a liberal bias.
The big difference between his plan and Beto's is that Beto wants to take your "assault" weapons regardless of your wealth. Biden's idea is to take your property only if you can't come up with the $200 tax in the National Firearms Act, so basically is aimed at taking them from poor people. In any other context, people might point out that this disproportionately affects minorities. In this context, it's like New York and New Jersey charging hundreds of dollars for permission to exercise second amendment rights. Just common sense gun control.

I'm still with the ACLU on that one. They said in a 2017 letter to the House of Representatives:

Meaningful due process is such a bummer.

I've addressed this one and voiced my support for the technology in the relevant thread, but also noted that

Weinberg's bill didn't go as far as Biden wishes to go since it covered new guns. "100% of firearms sold" would include used ones.

As mentioned in the relevant thread, the problem with attempting to censor code on the internet is that contumacious individuals will do stuff like this in response to any such attempt.

I'm not sure that Biden's rule would apply to my actions, since I didn't buy nor sell the information he wants to censor. I'm pretty sure my actions would undermine any such censorship, which is kinda the point, just like when I exported PGP to Anguilla in response to attempted censorship of that code in the 90's. That one was definitely a felony at the time but I never got in trouble. 

As mentioned in the relevant thread, the US has a pretty average suicide rate. That thread has grown to epic length because suicides are so frequently brought up as a justification for gun control. The suicides that are left out are not the ones using guns, but all the others. They don't support any political agenda so are seldom discussed.

Biden also wants to repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act but I already talked about that in the relevant thread.

The free world has just had a huge win for freedom, equality and decency and all you can worry about is someone taking away your little guns. Grow up Tom. Petulant children deserve to have their toys confiscated. Particularly toys who’s  only purpose is to kill or wound. In case you didn’t notice, the only places on earth where armed vigilantes turn up to try and intimidate those counting votes are the USA and (in the words of your dear leader) third world shitholes. That alone is the case for disarming the population. 

• Like 1
10 hours ago, loneshark64 said:

This is a developing story, so no news yet about whether there was an “ordinary .22” in the vehicle

Does it matter? Either way, it's an assault weapon.

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

The free world has just had a huge win for freedom, equality and decency and all you can worry about is someone taking away your little guns. Grow up Tom. Petulant children deserve to have their toys confiscated. Particularly toys who’s  only purpose is to kill or wound

I'm just afraid we'll end up like Australia, with out of control grabbers confiscating museum collections of disabled guns.

1 hour ago, Quotidian Tom said:

I'm just afraid we'll end up like Australia, with out of control grabbers confiscating museum collections of disabled guns.

Yeah you would not like it here Tom. People often leave their home with out ‘packing heat.’ We are a strange bunch.

4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Yeah you would not like it here Tom. People often leave their home with out ‘packing heat.’ We are a strange bunch.

Strangely enough, so do we. Even though there are deer and bears and cougars (real ones, not Woody ones) roaming the streets. South Florida must be one nasty place to live, with all those threats.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Ishmael said:

cougars (real ones, not Woody ones) roaming the streets. South Florida must be one nasty place to live, with all those threats.

Panthers actually, and as the sage Ogden Nash advised . . 

If you get a call from a panther, don't anther 

6 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

I suppose if you’d ever fucking been to Australia this might make sense, wouldn’t it Incontinent Tom? Fer fucks sake even Queensland looks at trash like you in Florida and says “those poor dumb bastards”

Oi!

7 hours ago, Quotidian Tom said:

Does it matter? Either way, it (an ordinary .22) is an assault weapon.

Liar. Repeated and unrelenting propaganda does not make false things true.

Your issue lies with Antonin Scalia, RIP, DTS, who felt the guns of war were dangerous, and unusual. 

Ordinary .22's are not guns of war.

Use your mind, Tom Ray, like you used to.

Some time after you were granted a National Merit Scholarship (right, after being kicked out of two private high schools?), your brain got tricky.

41 minutes ago, Mismoyled Jiblet. said:

Fer fucks sake even Queensland looks at trash like you in Florida and says “those poor dumb bastards”

This is the flag of the ol' alma mater. Holy Dogballs!

Sorry, but we have here a confederate flag, with different colors. JFC.

Rhodes College, Memphis.jpg

Tom is not loyal to our laws. Tom cannot face the vetted truth about The Standard Model. Any service goes to corporate political mischief. How I love this place!

13 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

Liar. Repeated and unrelenting propaganda does not make false things true.

I thought you agreed with NJ banning those dangerous AWs, like the Marlin model 60?

Not that you ever read the law. Or the major case about that law.

I mean, you would of, but you seemed to be under the delusion that Tom or myself were capable of hacking major court opinion websites just to make you look bad.

2 minutes ago, bpm57 said:

I thought you agreed with NJ banning those dangerous AWs, like the Marlin model 60?

Not that you ever read the law. Or the major case about that law.

I mean, you would of, but you seemed to be under the delusion that Tom or myself were capable of hacking major court opinion websites just to make you look bad.

Thanks for the nonsense, but shitcanning an eighteen round semi auto in 1991 does not make it a weapon of war per a 2008 SC decision.

You are bpm, and I'm gonna feature your brainwork now:

• Battle guns were outlawed by Scalia in 2008, aka DANGEROUS AND UNUSUAL
  • Pelletieri's gun was outlawed in 1991
  • Therefore Pelleteiri's gun is a battle gun.

No National Merit Scholarship for you.

Just now, jocal505 said:

Thanks for the nonsense, but shitcanning an eighteen round semi auto in 1991 does not make it a weapon of war per a 2008 SC decision.

Odd, I must of missed the actual definition of AW in Heller. Perhaps you can quote it.

"semi-automatic" has been around for over 120 years. "detachable box magazine" has been around even longer.

So explain "dangerous and unusual" in this context.

2 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

Pelletieri's gun was outlawed in 1991

Very good Joe, and you even got the name right!.

8 minutes ago, jocal505 said:

Therefore Pelleteiri's gun is a battle gun.

Are you suggesting that the "NJ Assault Weapon Ban" went far beyond those evil "battle rifles"? And you seemed to admire that law so much. Just declaring something an AW seemed to make you happy, but now you are running away and suggesting that it never should of applied to the model 60.

But it did, and at least 1 person went to jail over it.

What model was that semiauto rimfire you owned?

20 minutes ago, bpm57 said:

Odd, I must of missed the actual definition of AW in Heller. Perhaps you can quote it.

"semi-automatic" has been around for over 120 years. "detachable box magazine" has been around even longer.

So explain "dangerous and unusual" in this context.

Very good Joe, and you even got the name right!.

Are you suggesting that the "NJ Assault Weapon Ban" went far beyond those evil "battle rifles"? And you seemed to admire that law so much. Just declaring something an AW seemed to make you happy, but now you are running away and suggesting that it never should of applied to the model 60.

But it did, and at least 1 person went to jail over it.

What model was that semiauto rimfire you owned?

Hi, DeadEye. While we have you

• Are you going to miss the PLCAA?
  • How long before the next mass murder?
  • How do you like getting stuffed by Sarah Brady, Shannon Watts and DiFi?
  • Which district court will be the first of many to accept AW's?
  • Have you contributed yet to the Wayne LaPierre defense fund?
  • Do you think Ollie North will make a surge of righteousness, and save the NRA?
  • Too bad Chris Cox got flicked, he ran a modest budget, sans nepotism.
  • Where is a key moral powerhouse now, the SAF?
2 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Ordinary .22's are not guns of war.

While I agree with you, hundreds of congresscritters have gone on record endorsing the opposite view. Nice to see that you share my disagreement with our President Elect, Vice President Elect, and Joe's go to boy on taking guns, Beto.

Be careful not to say what you actually think about "all guns."

On 10/28/2020 at 7:44 AM, jocal505 said:
On 10/28/2020 at 7:29 AM, Quotidian Tom said:

BTW, I doubt the 1% number includes all (assault weapons, ordinary .22's), and in any case, Bull Gator and others have already made it clear that all guns are "assault weapons" and so should be banned.

At the level of anthropology, Bull Gator is calling it correctly. IMO. But at the level of the day-to-day, we must be patient, and oh-so careful, with the Jeffies and the Boothies and the Dogballs.

3 hours ago, Quotidian Tom said:

While I agree with you, hundreds of congresscritters have gone on record endorsing the opposite view. Nice to see that you share my disagreement with our President Elect, Vice President Elect, and Joe's go to boy on taking guns, Beto.

Be careful not to say what you actually think about "all guns."

Hi Dogballs. You told us you got kicked out of two private high schools. Well, you were asked four times to elaborate, but declined.

Now you tell is you acquired a National Merit Scholarship. Hmmm. Was your scholarship application (for Rhodes College) truthful?

You have plenty to say (but always on topics of your own choosing). Tell us about high school, Dogballs.

And tell us about the catchy flag of your college, your alma mater.

1 hour ago, kent_island_sailor said:

I wish we would end up like Australia:

in-contrast-the-us-has-a-gun-homicide-ra

This graph shows old info, from the year of Heller. The gun homicide figure in the USA now stands at 4.7/100K (per the most recent figures, for 2017).

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2019/08/16/what-the-data-says-about-gun-deaths-in-the-u-s/

Gun suicides are doing 60% of the damage. They have spiked 41% in a decade.

How has the number of U.S. gun deaths changed over time?

The 39,773 total gun deaths in 2017 were the most since at least 1968, the earliest year for which the CDC has online data. This was slightly more than the 39,595 gun deaths recorded in the prior peak year of 1993. Both gun murders and gun suicides have gone up in recent years: The number of gun murders rose 32% between 2014 and 2017, while the number of gun suicides rose each year between 2006 and 2017 (a 41% increase overall).

Gun suicides reached their highest recorded level in 2017. But the number of gun murders remained far below the peak in 1993, when there were 18,253 gun homicides – and when overall violent crime levels in the U.S. were much higher than they are today.

Ah, we're back to "Self Murder" to justify AW and large cap magazine bans.  So predictable.  And so transparently silly.  

Maybe the gun industry could do themselves a favor and market a cheap single shot, ergonomically correct weapon to be used for self-murder.  You don't need an AR-15 or a Glock with a 17 round mag to get the job done.  That way it would be even more obvious that "AWs" are not being used in 60% of the gun death numbers you all spout so often. 

11 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Are you going to miss the PLCAA?

And here I thought we were talking about AWs. Why bring up something unrelated, Joe?

Is it because you don't feel like quoting your latest claims about AWs from Heller?

Or is it because you don't feel like addressing your latest changes to your meth head story?

11 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Which district court will be the first of many to accept AW's?

I would say plenty of them do, Joe. Feel free to list all the ones that don't.

12 hours ago, jocal505 said:

How long before the next mass murder?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/November_2020_Afghanistan_attacks

Looks like plenty already, Joe. Maybe you should go there and give them cigarettes.

• How do you like getting stuffed by Sarah Brady, Shannon Watts and DiFi?
  • Which district court will be the first of many to accept AW's?
  • Have you contributed yet to the Wayne LaPierre defense fund?
  • Do you think Ollie North will make a surge of righteousness, and save the NRA?
  • Too bad Chris Cox got flicked, he ran a modest budget, sans nepotism.
  • Where is a key moral powerhouse now, the SAF?

Yawn.. As usual for your ilk, you just endlessly run from your own words and change the topic.. again.

10 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

I wish we would end up like Australia:

in-contrast-the-us-has-a-gun-homicide-ra

You really think that confiscating museum collections of disabled guns contributes in any way to this?

There was a similar disparity before they passed their confiscation program for (assault weapons, ordinary .22's), btw.

7 hours ago, Burning Man said:

Maybe the gun industry could do themselves a favor and market a cheap single shot, ergonomically correct weapon to be used for self-murder.  

But what if they miss? There are some real dumb fucks out there.

51 minutes ago, Quotidian Tom said:

You really think that confiscating museum collections of disabled guns contributes in any way to this?

There was a similar disparity before they passed their confiscation program for (assault weapons, ordinary .22's), btw.

This is a museum piece as well but you shouldn't be allowed to walk around a shopping mall carrying that either.

Older triple Mace Metal Spiked Ball Medieval Weapon Chain Wood Handle LARP  Decor | eBay

4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

This is a museum piece as well but you shouldn't be allowed to walk around a shopping mall carrying that either.

Older triple Mace Metal Spiked Ball Medieval Weapon Chain Wood Handle LARP  Decor | eBay

I can sorta tell you have never been to a USAean shopping mall . . 

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Quotidian Tom said:

Tom can't see the link between Oz restricting .22's and low gun death numbers.

He has never taken up my offer to give me his 22 and him to start running.

When I want advice on guns I sure as fuck won't be getting it from an American.

3 hours ago, astro said:

Tom can't see the link between Oz restricting .22's and low gun death numbers.

OK, show it to me. How much did banning and confiscating (assault weapons, ordinary .22's) lower your numbers?

And how much has the confiscation of museum collections helped? I still can't get an Aussie to even identify the problem(s) being caused by disabled old guns in museum displays. Maybe you'll be the first?

Most of our gun violence takes the form of self-murder and your suicide rate is higher than ours.

16 hours ago, bpm57 said:

you don't feel like quoting your latest claims about AWs from Heller?

Tell the truth. I used direct statements from Scalia himself, a case law conclusion, from Heller, with direct quotes in a c/p from Reuters. In these words, Scalia assumed that dangerous and unusual was bad, and he opined that battle weapons were dangerous and unusual. He did a segue, going to M-16;s and the like, and presto, Heller indicates they (battle gunz such as M-16's and the like) are not covered under the common use at the time blanket.

bpm, it cracks me up.  For these reasons, all the "assault weapon/ordinary .22" abuse is Dogballs barking... at Antonin Scalia's program, with vigor, tenacity, dedication, stamina, and longevity. Four more years, I say...we journeyed from the National Merit Scholarship, to the morons.

bpm, it cracks me up.

You know what cracks me up, Joe? Your inability to actually reply to a question, combined with your unparalleled ability to run away from your own words.

Still not going to address your meth head story changes? Years ago it involved you using an AW outside, but now it only involves a court. Quite the change.

On 11/8/2020 at 2:12 AM, jocal505 said:

shitcanning an eighteen round semi auto in 1991 does not make it a weapon of war per a 2008 SC decision.

Well, NJ legislators disagreed with you in 1991. They called in an AW.

You keep claiming that there is a definition for what an AW is in Heller, yet you seem to be unable to cut-n-paste it. Copying a wire article is not quoting the decision.

presto, Heller indicates they (battle gunz such as M-16's and the like) are not covered under the common use at the time blanket.

Joey quotes Kolbe, part 784635587346. And takes it as the word of god.

If you don't understand the dissent in Kolbe, Joe, maybe go get some help from an ESL teacher.

13 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Antonin Scalia's program, with vigor, tenacity, dedication, stamina, and longevity.

More like in King's opinion, which ignored whole sections of Heller.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Know New Taxes

American gun owners could face tens of billions of dollars in new taxes to keep the guns they already own under Democrat Joe Biden's gun ban and tax plan.

Biden wants to ban new sales of AR-15 rifles and ordinary .22's as well as any ammunition magazine holding more than 10 rounds—sizes that come standard on most modern rifles and handguns. He would pay some owners to surrender the affected guns they legally own and force everyone else to register the guns under the National Firearms Act. The proposal would require owners to pay a $200 tax stamp for each item.

(Edited slightly for accuracy.)

There's nothing racist, regressive or troubling about saying that only those who can afford 200 buck for the (assault weapon, ordinary .22) and another 200 bucks per standard capacity magazine can exercise their second amendment rights, is there? After all, making the exercise of a right more expensive equally affects wealthy yachtsmen and poor people just the same, right?

7 hours ago, Quotidian Tom said:

Know New Taxes

There's nothing racist, regressive or troubling about saying that only those who can afford 200 buck for the (assault weapon, ordinary .22) and another 200 bucks per standard capacity magazine can exercise their second amendment rights, is there? After all, making the exercise of a right more expensive equally affects wealthy yachtsmen and poor people just the same, right?

Race baiter alert ^^^.

There was nothing in the article about race. Nothing. 

On 11/9/2020 at 5:03 PM, bpm57 said:

Well, NJ legislators disagreed with you in 1991. They called it (Pelletieri's MOdel 60) an AW.

I doubt it. Show me the cite, from 1991. Because the AW ruling, and this issue of what an AW is or isn't,  springs from the Heller decision, in 2008. 

With all the dogballs commotion, Scalia must be rolling over in his grave. @Quotidian Tom

You keep claiming that there is a definition for what an AW is in Heller,

I do? Cite those claims, too. But the definition can be found below, in this post.

Joey quotes Kolbe, part 784635587346. And takes it as the word of god.

Sorry, but Kolbe vs Hogan Jr. is now the established state of the art in AW law. It is the law of the land.

Kolbe was not even appealed, was it?

If you don't understand the dissent in Kolbe, Joe

Go over the good bits for us. Boom the thunder. Toss in a link, and maybe provide the corresponding page numbers to the good stuff.

Let's toss it around, after you present your thoughts.

More like in King's opinion, which ignored whole sections of Heller.

Which sections? Have a link? Excoriation was in order, right?

Where did they blast Antonin Scalia for the de-facto working definition of battle guns, "M-16's and the like"?  

9 hours ago, jocal505 said:

Sorry, but Kolbe vs Hogan Jr. is now the established state of the art in AW law. It is the law of the land.

Of course, Joe. Everyone who follows US courts knows that the 4th circuit court of appeals is the highest court in the country.

Kolbe was not even appealed, was it?

Appealed to who, Joe? You just told us that the 4th circuit sets "the law of the land".

If you are talking about this" https://www.supremecourt.gov/docket/docketfiles/html/public/17-127.html

Then, well, you are wrong. It was appealed.

Go over the good bits for us.

Everyone knows you stalk Tom, Joe. You even responded when he quoted it recently. Or have you forgotten already?

"Third, Heller in no way suggests that the military
usefulness of a weapon disqualifies it from Second Amendment
protection. That is the majority’s singular concoction. On the
contrary, the Second Amendment has always been understood to
cover weapons useful in military operations. Indeed, the Second
Amendment at the Founding was grounded in the need to safeguard
the commonly possessed weapons of citizens for military service.
“[A]t the time of the Second Amendment’s ratification,” it was
understood that “all citizens capable of military service . . .
would bring the sorts of lawful weapons that they possessed at
home to militia duty.” Heller, 554 U.S. at 627. “‘Ordinarily
when called for militia service able-bodied men were expected to
appear bearing arms supplied by themselves and of the kind in
common use at the time.’”"

Page 99, if you are reading at home Joe.

Where did they blast Antonin Scalia for the de-facto working definition of battle guns, "M-16's and the like"?

Poor Joe, still confused after all these years that an AR15 isn't a M16. Scalia seemed to know the difference, how is it that you are ignorant of it after all these years?

• Like 1
On 11/18/2020 at 7:38 PM, Quotidian Tom said:

Know New Taxes

I think we should tax speech.  There is some petty offensive speech out there and maybe if we taxed it, it would cut down on some of the more egregious shit.  That would be ok. right?

As far as I am concerned anyone who wants to stand in their front yard with their weapon to protect against mythical bad guys can go ahead. Fewer assholes on the road. There's just no reason to bring your weapon with you when you go shopping and by extension no need for weapons to be readily available for any old head case or predator to use while on anti social safaris.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

As far as I am concerned anyone who wants to stand in their front yard with their weapon to protect against mythical bad guys can go ahead. Fewer assholes on the road. There's just no reason to bring your weapon with you when you go shopping and by extension no need for weapons to be readily available for any old head case or predator to use while on anti social safaris.

That's all well and good, but in Florida, they can stand in their front yards and enforce speed limits with automatic fire. Motorists should be allowed to fire back if they think they are being wrongly accused.

3 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

That's all well and good, but in Florida, they can stand in their front yards and enforce speed limits with automatic fire. Motorists should be allowed to fire back if they think they are being wrongly accused.

As someone who lives on a country road where sometimes people go very loud and very fast to compensate for their little johnsons and /or egos I completely understand the desire to fire upon such vehicles. I do not condone it but I understand it. 

On 11/19/2020 at 2:49 PM, bpm57 said:

Everyone knows you stalk Tom, Joe.

;)  @Quotidian Tom You are pretty new around here, bpm. Let's just say that a progression has occurred in how Tom and I relate.

• It began with the deal that Tom needed daily fact-checking on the facts of the gun matter.
  • Mr. Tom Ray said gun control didn't work, in as many words, you see.
  • Tom was painting a misleading picture, through selective presentations.
  • It was 2012, and he was quoting the NAS from 2004, ignoring the Donohue segue from 2007. (More guns less crime was debunked within the NAS.)
  • Ol' Tom was spooling up bullshit from John R. Lott, with a straight face. NGS was lovin; it. AGIC was too. LenP presided, while Jeffie danced.
  • Tom was fucking dead wrong about shit on Political Anarchy, every day, with impunity, in the full light of day.
  • Constantly, from 2012 to March of 2015, MLK became a gunslinger, on Political Anarchy, a land where bullshit walks.
  • Tom was working the cheap seats, and Boothy was in the front row.
  • O hell yes I began to look closely at Tom's content.

I paid a price for clipping Tom's wings. The racebaiters came after me for five years, leaving a trail.

A progression, DeadEye. The serial race-baiter named Tom Ray, bless his heart, is in remission right now, and is not participating in the intelligent racial discussions which are now occurring, in my intellectual home town. Good times.

• Like 1
On 11/21/2020 at 10:04 AM, jocal505 said:

I paid a price for clipping Tom's wings.

Yeah, poor old you, getting a timeout for stalking him in other SA forums. You poor guy, what a martyr. Or was it for endlessly posting off topic?

I see you have _again_ avoided any questions raised in previous posts. I guess "woe is me" is supposed to make us all overlook that.

10 minutes ago, bpm57 said:

Yeah, poor old you, getting a timeout for stalking him in other SA forums. You poor guy, what a martyr. Or was it for endlessly posting off topic?

I see you have _again_ avoided any questions raised in previous posts. I guess "woe is me" is supposed to make us all overlook that.

Your questions and your wild goose chases have no merit, or benefit. The questions should go to your goldfish.

• 2 months later...

Biden's Plans for Gun Safety:

As an avid proponent of sensible gun control legislation, Biden and his administration have repeatedly stated their goals to introduce such legislation as early as possible upon taking office. They'll begin by asking the FBI to identify loopholes in current background check rules, then ask Congress to close those loopholes, roll back legal protections for firearm manufacturers, and restructure the government agencies currently overseeing gun-related legislation.

The bit on rolling back legal protections leaves me (still) wondering what point Olsonist was trying to make by posting this false comparison:

On 9/18/2020 at 12:32 PM, Olsonist said:

It also absolves individuals of the LIABILITY FOR USE by others. So if your roommate steals your keys and bypasses your 'secure gun storage' and uses your gun to holdup a liquor store, you're totally good. But if your roommate steals your keys and runs over a little old lady with your car, well that's what you have liability insurance for.

It's a complete mystery. Just can't figure it out. Couldn't be anything to do with holding gun owners responsible for the actions of criminals, just as Biden's call for action couldn't be anything to do with holding gun makers responsible for the actions of criminals.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/17/2021 at 9:58 PM, Excoded Tom said:

Biden's 'Commonsense' Gun Controls Make Little Sense

The title is a bit charitable in my view. Some make no sense whatsoever.

So here we are, talking about decisions to benefit society, others, and you quote a Libertarian source?

Libertarians are ME ME Me people.  They want to do what ever the fuck they want to, but expect good roads to take them there.

2 hours ago, Randro said:

So here we are, talking about decisions to benefit society,

2 hours ago, Randro said:

but expect good roads

good roads are a benefit to society

good roads  and fully automatic assault motor vehicles of war kill THREE TIMES as many.

common sense:   shitty potholed roads and Model A vehicles will stop the slaughter.

giphy.gif

hmmm,   kind of unfortunate. 

It looks like the 'stralians might get mugged occasionally what with potholy roads.,

However the positives of banning the fully automatic assault motor vehicles of war that are slaughtering our children in the crosswalks, 

, outweigh the negatives of a few folks getting mugged by the wildlife.

It's only common sense.

On 11/8/2020 at 1:13 AM, AJ Oliver said:

Panthers actually, and as the sage Ogden Nash advised . . 

If you get a call from a panther, don't anther 

It pains me to say so but that was funny.

It is so funny reading all the BS in this thread. There will never be gun control just like during the Prohibition, there was no control of alcohol.
The real story is about Population Control. If the firearms are taken from the good and smart people, crime will run rampant. Just look at the Left run States and their big cities. Defund the Police and let the Criminals do what they want. remember, Criminals will always have Ballistic Weapons, just look at Mexico.

The leftists are so afraid of a Free People. Just like in the Communists countries, it is about Population Control. The US will never be invaded by a foreign power because we have an armed population. The only invasion we will have is the one Biden ad Harris are allowing on our southern border.

Based on the estimated number of firearms in the US, 393 million in 2018 and the number used in the so called epidemic of mass shootings. There were 26 shootings since 2018 which would mean that 0.000000065 of the total number of guns were used in a mass shooting. So it seems that there is a really huge number of people using their firearms properly. On the other hand, cars kill more people every day than guns ever will.

If the Nanny Dem Lefties want to do something really smart,

• STOP cramming people so close together and give us space to live. I hate not having room for living, parking, shopping. We are crammed together like rats in a cage.
  • Start finding disturbed people while they are young
  • Quit regulating the shit out of the good people in favor of the douche bags who are crazy nuts.
  • And you guys wonder why people go ballistic.

I just spent a day with my son at a gun range and had a great time with target practice. 4 different types of firearms, all different bores. No one was hurt and strict safety standards were followed.

PS, Justin (I love China) Trudeau, is an Idiot nepotistic politician. Much like Jerry Brown Jr, who should have never been elected back to office.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ishmael said:

Some people are beyond hope. Mr. Wad is one of them.

See there, because I am not like you, I am the one who is wrong. That is the problem with the Leftist mind set.

If I leave you alone and you leave me alone and neither of us are hurting anyone, Why is it me that is beyond hope??

You guys and your social engineering types are what is wrong. You do not want the death penalty because you say it is immoral and then it costs so much to house the criminally insane. Then you let them out and they kill again.  But you want to control me to the point we will eventually come to conflict and then you blame me. 

You are just like a girl who blames everything on the guy she dates or marries, when the problem is you, the total bitch.

2 hours ago, Blue Crab said:

It pains me to say so but that was funny.

Well actually I stole it from me dear old Mum, 

and she stole it from Mr. Nash. 

2 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

You guys and your social engineering types

the death penalty is not social engineering ?? 

Really ??

Good luck on that recall. You can donate here:

https://www.efundraisingconnections.com/c/GeorgeGasconRecall

We have a Recall Chesa Boudin effort up North as well. Its largest funder is David Sacks, PayPal mafia and minor league Peter Thiel. And then there's the Recall Gavin Newsom. Y'all have a whole lotta recalling goin' on.

But in fact, Gascon campaigned on eliminating special circumstances and the death penalty. He won with 53% of the vote and so this was no surprise; indeed it was a campaign promise. Moreover, the perps are still on the hook for about 20 years average for 2nd and more than that for 1st.

Bluntly, I don't think it makes sense to try to recall someone for doing what he campaigned on.

1 hour ago, Meat Wad said:

See there, because I am not like you, I am the one who is wrong. That is the problem with the Leftist mind set.

If I leave you alone and you leave me alone and neither of us are hurting anyone, Why is it me that is beyond hope??

You guys and your social engineering types are what is wrong. You do not want the death penalty because you say it is immoral and then it costs so much to house the criminally insane. Then you let them out and they kill again.  But you want to control me to the point we will eventually come to conflict and then you blame me. 

You are just like a girl who blames everything on the guy she dates or marries, when the problem is you, the total bitch.

not 'hurting anyone'? connect a couple dots you simple blindman fuckwit. for example, look at the simple concept of the diarrhea you support with your idiot's vote like an 'EPA' that's dictated by motherfuckin' industry i.e. criminal ecological pollution/devastation. that's a grievous moral failing, and that's just for starters.

you homer simpson morons come here trying to justify and defend your asinine shit ideology when only a dumb shortsighted fuckwit would presume to have the wiggle room to do that. you don't even have that, you fkn' dummy.

6 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

This is all you need to know...

Every prosecutor and criminal defense attorney in the country knows from experience that black jurors generally are more sympathetic to black defendants.  The law reflects this by allowing challenges to the other sides' jury strikes if they appear to be racially motivated.  

If you are worried about black victims, support a society that provides opportunity instead of poverty, lack of health insurance and general indifference to their suffering.

25 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

This is all you need to know about this muthafuking racist cunt....who's doing nothing but hurting minorities by going soft on the criminals.....

I'm sorry that I brought up race when you were talking about white on white crime.

27 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

This is all you need to know about this muthafuking racist cunt....who's doing nothing but hurting minorities by going soft on the criminals.....who prey upon them. Seriously, that's what's already happening. But check out that long list of Gascòn donors.....see anything that jumps out at you? Like maybe.....all these rich fukers live behind gates and alarms and have their own security detail? You really think any of THEM give a rat's ass about poor minorities getting robbed, assaulted or murdered? How about a big FUK N0.....'cuz the odds of any of them getting mugged by Thug Fucker 13 or raped by Pedro the Pendejo or shot by Cambodia Carl.....are like fuking zero. 

So give it some thought and come back here and try to explain to us pragmatic ones why you think Soros and all his filthy rich friends....would to have more crimes committed against poor minorities? Talk about your blatant fuking 'social engineering' experiment. This shit makes that pro-abortion cunt who advocated killing unborn Black babies as quickly as possible look like Mary-f'ng-Poppins.....

https://www.latimes.com/projects/la-district-attorney-race-top-donors/

nah...

smh

24 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

1). She was a VERY fair, intelligent and respected D/A.

2). Until the stupid rioting started.

3). And her equally un-smart husband answered the front door that night.

4). But Gascòn? Is just pure f'ng evil.....

Very fair except for not prosecuting bad cops, even Clifford Proctor who the LAPD police chief wanted prosecuted. Yeah, very fair. BTW, I noticed that the SFPOA was one of Lacey's funders. They must still be complaining about Gascon's Blue Ribbon Panel.

Back on the donors for a second, you know, the money ballot. Lacey got a LOT more money percentage-wise from the PUs than Gascon got from the rich fukers. And for non PU or rich fuker, aka individuals, it was not even close.

Good luck on your mole hill.

image.thumb.png.a99cb3ce54d12996d9d9df33d83a5bd6.png

1 hour ago, El Mariachi said:

This is all you need to know about this muthafuking racist cunt....who's doing nothing but hurting minorities by going soft on the criminals.....who prey upon them. Seriously, that's what's already happening. But check out that long list of Gascòn donors.....see anything that jumps out at you? Like maybe.....all these rich fukers live behind gates and alarms and have their own security detail? You really think any of THEM give a rat's ass about poor minorities getting robbed, assaulted or murdered? How about a big FUK N0.....'cuz the odds of any of them getting mugged by Thug Fucker 13 or raped by Pedro the Pendejo or shot by Cambodia Carl.....are like fuking zero. 

So give it some thought and come back here and try to explain to us pragmatic ones why you think Soros and all his filthy rich friends....would to have more crimes committed against poor minorities? Talk about your blatant fuking 'social engineering' experiment. This shit makes that pro-abortion cunt who advocated killing unborn Black babies as quickly as possible look like Mary-f'ng-Poppins.....

https://www.latimes.com/projects/la-district-attorney-race-top-donors/

Soros?

Has Boothy turned into a Q-ball?

I'm waiting with bated breath for the raving about shape-shifting lizard people and Hillary peeling off baby faces for her sandwich.

45 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

Anyone who willingly gave money to a racist like Gascòn who is purposely engaging in the overt act of harming & killing minorities.....deserves to be escorted to the top of the nearest active volcano......then shoved....

Yeah, that sounds like a very convincing argument. Those disgusting liberal White voters are well known for their racist tendencies. That's a given. But it doesn't quite explain why Gascon won the Black and Latino voters.

Majority-Latino neighborhoods remained opposed to Lacey's reelection, with Gascón claiming most of those precincts.

While Lacey maintained her past support in white, suburban edges of the county, she lost some liberal, white-majority areas of the county such as Santa Monica and Venice.

Perhaps the biggest upset came from areas where Black people make up the largest share of the population. Lacey, the first Black woman elected as county district attorney, is a Los Angeles native who attended high school in Baldwin Hills, an area considered to be a vital part of Black Los Angeles.

In a drastic shift from the primary, Gascón won the vast majority of plurality-Black precincts.

https://www.latimes.com/projects/2020-la-da-race-gascon-lacey-vote-analysis/

18 minutes ago, Ishmael said:

Soros?

Has Boothy turned into a Q-ball?

I'm waiting with bated breath for the raving about shape-shifting lizard people and Hillary peeling off baby faces for her sandwich.

No, but apparently, according to the people who know these things, he snorts one for breakfast every day.

Boothy, your article from the highly reputable Fox News says: 

The mother, Desiree Andrade, tells FOX 11 she saw her son's alleged killers smirk in court earlier in the day as all their special circumstance charges were dismissed, meaning none of them will face life without parole

https://www.foxla.com/news/mom-of-20-year-old-man-brutally-murdered-thrown-off-cliff-lashes-out-at-la-county-da-george-gascon

That would have been  Friday Dec 18, 2020. Unfortunately, the latest pretrial conference that this disreputable docketbird site lists was on Oct 28. It was the last event in these cases.

https://www.docketbird.com/court-cases/Hercules-Dimitrios-Balaskas/c-lasu-2019-cr-XEAKA118273-01

https://www.docketbird.com/court-cases/Luzon-Matthew-Martin-Capiendo/c-lasu-2018-cr-POMKA118273-02

https://www.docketbird.com/court-cases/Francisco-Amigon/c-lasu-2018-cr-POMKA118273-03

https://www.docketbird.com/court-cases/Jacob-Hunter-Elmendorf/c-lasu-2018-cr-POMKA118273-04

That was before the disgusting Gascon was even elected. Moreover, I can't find anything but Fox News saying anything about this special circumstance charges being dropped. Only judges dismiss charges after they've been filed. Also, the cases are separate.

Surely you have some explanation for this. BTW, the perps are in jail on account of a $2M bail. Dunno if they're smirking on a daily basis.

1 hour ago, El Mariachi said:

Let me guess.....when you didn't read the article, you apparently glossed over the part where it tells you almost exactly how many clam Soros donated to Gascòn's campaign.....right? I'd love to spend a few minutes and help you become a bit more un-dumb.....but I'm out of paper dolls and crayons don't work real well on cel phones......

Como te vas Rico?  Me gusto a verte

Is there some specific reason the focus is on George Soros’ donations and not on the other 30000 people who donated to Gascons campaign? Think carefully!

21 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Como te vas Rico?  Me gusto a verte

Is there some specific reason the focus is on George Soros’ donations and not on the other 30000 people who donated to Gascons campaign? Think carefully!

Is that a trick Question?

On 11/21/2020 at 9:04 AM, jocal505 said:

I paid a price for clipping Tom's wings. The racebaiters came after me for five years, leaving a trail.

Racebaiters?  Explain.

On 2/17/2021 at 3:58 AM, Excoded Tom said:

Biden's 'Commonsense' Gun Controls Make Little Sense

The title is a bit charitable in my view. Some make no sense whatsoever.

Some make no sense whatsoever.  Some do.  The two that stand out to me are the 80% lowers called "ghost guns" and the pistol braces.  The 80% lowers are definitely a way to circumvent the purchasing process that requires BGCs.  If you want to manufacture your own weapons, as some do - you can apply for and get an FFL SOT 7 license or go through the BATF Form 1 process.  I just don't see it being a reasonable avenue for the vast majority of folks who want an AR.

The pistol brace thing is a joke, right up there with Bump Stockas.  I actually have a "pistol" of a cloned MP-5.  The pistol "brace" is nothing more than a folding stock set up to be fired from the shoulder like a rifle.  I love it, but it is a 100% a way to circumvent the SBR requirements.  I don't have any firm numbers, but I would bet these "pistols" are used in a lot of the urban gang crime.  

I also like his push for more red flag laws as well as means to keep and store guns when someone wants to voluntarily surrender their weapons when they are having "issues".  I heard a good podcast news article in the last few days about the fact that a lot of people with suicidal thoughts want to get their guns out of the house before they do something bad, but there are just no avenues to turn them in somewhere for safe keeping.  LE won't generally take them and store them w/o a mental health commitment or court order - so a lot of people have nowhere to turn.  

I also think UBCs are a good thing.  I know you think that every time someone else touches your dogballs, it constitutes a "transfer".  But I think saner heads can prevail and make sure the language is more targeted.  I personally don't like the idea of selling a weapon to someone I don't know and wondering if the Sheriff is going to knock on my door one day when it was used in a crime sometime later.  OTOH, I do think there are ways to streamline the process where it doesn't have to involve finding an FFL and paying ridiculous fees and such. I've detailed those ways numerous times in the past here.  

I think the real way to reduce people killing other people is to have less people...... not less gunz.  

Just saying....

• Like 1
39 minutes ago, El Mariachi said:

This 'mass shooting' shit was pretty much non-existent.....until the internet came into being, the head docs and pharma companies began to collude and make a fortune on psycho-tropic drugs, kids growing up without their Dads around, the fuking Hollywooders.....and violent music videos arrived.......

Actually, that's complete bullshit

The mass shooting has a great place in US history. An honored tradition, you might say. Been going on since before Ben Franklin flew a kite.

It's only since we started having TV news and people realized that it isn't just your crazy uncle shooting a half dozen neighbors, it's happening almost all the time almost everywhere, that people started thinking "hmm, maybe this is a bad thing. Maybe it's a problem"

- DSK