Job shedding and No Deal???

OR

Job shedding and this???

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

BumFace's plan has always been to do everything possible to make Brexit such a mess that he will get enough support to have some quick and dirty deal done with EU that includes a implementation period next year. 

• Replies 20k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack_sparrow

• LeoV

• Waynemarlow

• mad

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old, but gold. Explains so much of what Whyne and Jambalaya wax lyrical about. And the guy was a mate of Boris.   A.A. Gill (Sunday Times journalist and food critic) writing about Brexit bef

I was thinking for the last few days that  as a pro union lifelong Alliance voter I should respond to this post but turning on the radio this morning and hearing Mike Nesbitt made me decide to act.

No way I'm going to PA. This was a top thread, now it's fucked. Thank you fucking idiots.

Posted Images

22 hours ago, Panoramix said:

If he doesn't behave we can send him to Ecréhous, Minquiers is a bit plush...

Sailed across to Sark a few years back and unintentionally coincided with the sheep racing, really good fun day. Thought the sheep racing and all Jacks little sycophants such as Mad and CuMS all following his lead with avid discipline, became a sort of metaphor, but then I remembered my younger days and how intelligent sheep are in comparison.

image.png.fdd049f8a9767814dbfc9413f6d727ae.png

What confused messaging. He shouldn't be allowed Infront of a camera.

You can't be fined for disregarding the Contact/Trace App and not self isolating as the fucking thing doesn't know your identity. Why doesn't he just say that.

However you can be fined if contacted by manual contact/trace in person and don't self isolate or don't with symptoms after testing testing positive.

To-date manual contact/trace isn't contacting enough people and studies show just 18% of persons with symptoms adhere to self-isolation and only 11% adhere if contacted by test and trace.

This is going to be yet another giant catastrofuck where more lives are lost unnecessarily.

2 hours ago, mad said:

and Wayne trusts this shower of shit to sort out trade, finance.

Jeremy Corbyn on one hand and in your words, shower of shit on the other, pretty tough call in my view, but that then is the standard of our MP's I'm afraid so one would expect our civil service to step up and give good advice, oh they are an even bigger shower of shit. Even Apple and Google can't seem to get their App right, the French are on strike again in Calais and one could link all the above to Boris using hindsight of today. 

So do we simply blame Boris and in Jacks words, he's a useless C*** ( sorry in my world real C**** are desired ) or do we delve a little deeper and wonder whether the top echelon of the civil service needs a pretty good No 10 boot right up the arse on both sides of the channel.

On 9/23/2020 at 11:16 AM, jack_sparrow said:

You guys stay clear of that virus bitch. I don't want to be stuck here alone with Wayne. :D

Don’t worry ya auld nutter, I’m here in the states where everyone is safe so I’ll keep ya company :-) 

oh, and there’s nothing finer than a good tune on de auld pipes..

enjoy

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

It encourages employers to lay off people instead of keeping as many as they can but working less hours individually.  

A stunning economic plan! :wacko::blink:

14 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

...top echelon of the civil service needs a pretty good No 10 boot right up the arse.. 

Why??? Whitehall doesn't set policy...every single Govt failure to date is directly related to policy not administration.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Why??? Whitehall doesn't set policy...every single Govt failure to date is directly related to policy not administration.

He’s still reeling out the same old shit I see. Why do you guys waste your time? Or is just for some weird comedy value? 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Waynemarlow said:

Even Apple and Google can't seem to get their App right.

It's not their Apps out there and what OS failure are you talking about??

While your thinking about that question Wayne the geeks are pouring over Fido Harding's work. btw she is employed as a public servant but doesn't answer to the head of the PS or have to comply with the PS code and still retains her vote in the HOL.

Seems this woman in charge of burning up billions of pounds on contact/trace/test couldn't even get the fucking QR Code right.  

How not to QR (NHS COVID-19 App) 

Einx2WeXcAsWoom.thumb.jpeg.5a2a3e9934bca94c8e706c8aa70f401c.jpeg

My favourite geek suggestion was print up a QR Code that produced this venue location you have just signed into. Then upon any alerts for this establishment her tracers will be contacting people asking if they went there. Actually generate a bunch of false alerts it could get very funny.....maybe a nationwide alert via the BBC..

EirhmSuWkAIE552.jpeg

EimiVhCXsAY20HH.jpeg

Why UK can not trade as before, it lost its right for harmonisation.
By Holger Hestermeyer.

Basically EU law says that a good from another member state can enter freely. If you want to impose your regulation that is a barrier to trade - say particular packaging or something - you need to justify that, it needs to have a permissibly purpose and be proportionate.
That rule is one of EU law, so it is "directly applicable" and has "primacy". What does that mean? Say you export shoes from Italy to France. Say France says shoes need to be sold in round boxes for a reason nobody understands. Your goods are blocked. What do you do?
You go to a French court. You say "free movement". The French court will look at the French law ("you need round packaging"), but will apply EU law directly and with primacy. If the French law is not adequately justify, it will have to disapply the French law. The result?
Your good is free to enter the French market, even though it did not comply with the French requirement. Barrier gone. But you see WHY it is gone. Direct application. Primacy of EU law. Court. - That is the "mutual recognition of rules" route. Or harmonization.
It is this complete package, none as "Customs Union" plus "Internal Market" (comprising the four freedoms and harmonization) that made frictionless trade possible. A Free Trade Agreement does not do any of these things. So you'll have friction.

https://twitter.com/hhesterm/status/1309072880001585153

So all UK products that used harmonisation or were accepted because of the UK could use harmonisation, are now unprotected. Every one of the 27 Eu countries can block a UK product on any whimsical notion. And the UK can do nothing, as WTO does not deal with this.
UK can do the same..

• Like 2

Dmitry on a roll;
May never get invited onto the BBC again. Presenter: "I remember being told that once we got a trade deal with the EU, we'd have frictionless trade." Me: "Yes. The people saying that were ignorant or lying." Presenter: "Oh." Me: "Sorry." (Radio Kent)
"I know this is the BBC and we are suppose to sugar coat things...".

Clip;
https://twitter.com/colinelves/status/1309068001501683713

• Like 2

Wayne is one of the many who thinks a deal will solve all this, but it can only lower tariffs, not the rest of the trade barriers. Ignorant for years.

PS  business on both sides have now 11 workdays to get all the paperwork done, as there is a 6 weeks processing time in most countries and xmas off. The UK has that delay...

• Like 1
48 minutes ago, LeoV said:

Dmitry on a roll;
May never get invited onto the BBC again. Presenter: "I remember being told that once we got a trade deal with the EU, we'd have frictionless trade." Me: "Yes. The people saying that were ignorant or lying." Presenter: "Oh." Me: "Sorry." (Radio Kent)
"I know this is the BBC and we are suppose to sugar coat things...".

Clip;
https://twitter.com/colinelves/status/1309068001501683713

That’s brilliant    :lol:

1 hour ago, LeoV said:

UK can do the same..

Love it LeoV, great big bravo performance about how the EU27 can at will prevent any UK export to the EU and then in 4 words at the very bottom you highlight the EU's main problem.  

Nice that you like it. EU does not ex or import critical stuff from the UK, UK does from EU. Happy Xmas for you. Last one were you still can live in denial.
It is not a main EU problem, Brexit et all is not. Thanks to 4 years of Tory infighting and having no plan. Well done leavers.

14 minutes ago, LeoV said:
It is not a main EU problem, Brexit et all is not. Thanks to 4 years of Tory infighting and having no plan. Well done leavers.

Always find it funny when the likes of LeoV blames the leavers for all the problems created by Mays cabal of Remainers. It took an election to right that wrong but the damage had been done.

Always find it funny when the likes of LeoV blames the leavers for all the problems created by Mays cabal of Remainers. It took an election to right that wrong but the damage had been done.

Actually Wayne you are wrong yet again. I think that is the 109,678th time.

The Tory Remainer types Boris didn't like as they liked May's Deal were kicked out and others didn't stand. That allowed in fresh blood with the intelligence of vegetables.

Then to backtrack two who constructed May's Deal, namely Brexit Sec Davis and Raab resigned because they didn't like their own deal and along with Johnson and others then booted May out as a warm up to booting the rest out.

They then took May's Deal pulled out one bit and replaced it with a bit the EU liked and a bit they told May to get rid of. They then all voted on it and made it an international treaty and then sat on their arse. As of today they now don't like what they did and want to change it by passing a law that breaks international law. 

In most countries you would be declared insane, chemically castrated and locked in a small padded room for life for doing that sort of thing. Some might even hang you up in a public square covered excretment and dead as dodobas a lesson to all that lying and stupidity isn't a good cocktail for public office. 

Anyway Wayne if you believe Remainers are responsible for this mess, I suggest you don't tell anyone if you value your lanolin smelling nuts.

Love it LeoV, great big bravo performance about how the EU27 can at will prevent any UK export to the EU and then in 4 words at the very bottom you highlight the EU's main problem.  

Problem ??? Number 109,679th wrong came up quickly.

Wayne then there is the next bit you forget. It's called a trade war. Only one party wins a trade war and that's the big guy.

So as Leo points out in terms of import necessities, your Govt will be fighting a trade war on your behalf while still lining up at the trough in the Westminister dining room. The rest of the world will be backing the winner as only the stupid back losers. Wayne you on the other hand will be eating gravel and recycling your own piss at the pub. 

My guess is you will want this war lost quickly.

3 hours ago, LeoV said:

PS  business on both sides have now 11 workdays to get all the paperwork done, as there is a 6 weeks processing time in most countries and xmas off. The UK has that delay...

And in that period 27 countries and the rest of the world don't have to change one law or regulation. 

The 28th country on the other hand has about 6,000 laws and regulations to change otherwise trade with the 27 and the rest of the world for its incoming goods and services and so one side of all reciprocal arrangements comes to a grinding halt, or at least involves chaos.

This will be interesting to watch.

7 hours ago, LeoV said:

Why UK can not trade as before, it lost its right for harmonisation.

It's also lost its EPIRB, flares, provisions and water. It has no paddles, those aboard are clueless and the skipper is a narcissistic fucking fruitcake.....other than that, all is well.

EirXFa6XkAcIUKx.jpeg

7 hours ago, LeoV said:

Presenter: "I remember being told that once we got a trade deal with the EU, we'd have frictionless trade." Me: "Yes. The people saying that were ignorant or lying." Presenter:

Still pissing myself.

It has taken 4 years for the UK and it's leadership to understand what a "customs union" and "single market" means.

Funnier still...some still don't.  :lol:

5bf.png

Now back to reality which is in fact more unreal.

Note the white area around Chatham...that is Medway a unitary authority and not part of 'political Kent' shown in Green. Medway is part of the 'ceremonial county' of Kent for election purposes.

IMG_20200925_150718.jpg.2ea6d9028e3f66f87b444c76446c5c26.jpg

So zoom in on that - the red line on Google Maps represents the border between Kent ports (to the south) and Medway to the north. As you can see that makes Medway an enclave within Kent.

EireGoJWoAQfgTp.png.92946f7dd4413b3bddcd139eea99b7a8.png

Now zoom in on the roads.

Eire9ECXkAAQBWm.jpeg.ecabb00fe617fab0e11010efcd9f7a79.jpeg

The A2-M2 goes in and out of Medway twice (border crossings numbered 1-4).

So Kent and Medway. Not one county, but a county and a unitary authority. Gove said nothing about that. Not mentioned was Medway getting a special exemption permit for the trucks going there and not stopping while crossing a sliver of Kent. Does he know? :lol:

But it doesn't stop there. Across the way there is the case of Hawley's Corner.

IMG_20200925_150818.jpg.26ba6b3ff2807013f43b228df050187a.jpgEirgk6KXsAA9rrI.png.0674f90959b545b53fd7a83f5388e28e.png

So 5 roads coming together, one of which is actually the border of Kent. How do you solve that? Ban trucks on those roads?

But wait there is lots more.

Say going Hastings in East Sussex from London it takes you through......yes Kent. Or taking something in a truck to my old family home in Tunbridge Wells from the east? It is now a no go zone for delivering some furniture unless permitted up.

IMG_20200925_154701.thumb.jpg.ca12cd13f00ffef1caf7136aee14b0fd.jpg

I can't find any data yet for truck traffic that goes in and out of Kent that doesn't cross the Channel to make things more interesting.

Then exactly what is a truck? Over 3.5 tonnes so suddenly Kent domestic haulers are rushing out buying 3 tonners? Time to get into new small truck old big truck futures on the new Singapore on the Thames market. 

So 59% of the people of political Kent (that excludes Medway of course) voted for this .....didn't they? :lol:  Imagine if a Remainer suggested this new internal UK border in 2016? The most ardent remainer would have disowned them.

Notice how Wayne doesn't mention Project Fear anymore. :lol:

98 days to go to 1 January ...ha ha.

Courtesy Jon Worth.

^^^^^^^^  Remember Rees Mogg saying a few hundred border crossings in Nth Ireland was no problem.

Well maybe they should get the 'Edwardian Pencil' on the job working up where the Kent border is and isn't. He will then truly fuck everything up by saying his map having Medway in Kent clearly ALSO has Bromley, Chislehurst and Greenwich exactly like Medway part of the 'ceremonial county' of Kent (unlike Medway they were whisked off to London and are not part of Kent for election purposes). :lol::lol:

Sarah D from Chislehurst even has one on her kitchen wall all ready for Brexit and the new Republic of Kentland.

Eiriw6ZXkAM--kM.jpeg

• Like 1
9 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Anyway Wayne if you believe Remainers are responsible for this mess, I suggest you don't tell anyone if you value your lanolin smelling nuts.

Oooh the old rich kiddie school yard bully warning, do as I say or you’ll get it. Remember as a 13 year old going to high school and getting the school yard bully treatment. Some years later met the same arrogant prick on the rugby field, now I was a pretty handy No7 and he the No 10 and in those days No7 were given a bit of licence to inflict a bit of the high tackle,  you know stiff arm take downs, that sort of thing. Well poor lad took himself off at half time with a fake injury. At the dinner after he came up and asked why I had been so hard on him, well I explained how school yard bully’s usually get their uppence eventually, today was that day. 

Much like yourself Jack, he had no idea of his previous actions and probably to this day still thinks he was the best and most valued kid in school. 

Oooh the old rich kiddie school yard bully warning,.... [5,000 words] ...and probably to this day still thinks he was  the best and most valued kid in school. 

Wayne I'm detecting a lot pent up class conflict, struggle and political tension there.  I'm not too sure what this socio economic bourgeoisie antagonism has to do about my Brexit post? Maybe someone desperately trying to mask their proletarian and immigrant journey?

What ever it is, it certainly is a really good way of avoiding facing those ugly Brexit questions. :lol:

The M20 in Kent yesterday when economic activity is low because of Covid but the French strikes provide a bit of look to the future......I'm sure come 1 January all those new systems in the pipeline will fix the ones that are already fucked today.and we will never see something like this. :lol: 

From The Times

A Brexit deal is within touching distance

As Henig writes;

"Reading between the lines, Downing Street realising they boxed themselves in with EU deal timescales and the second covid wave (as they were warned and rejected) and that they now have to go for a deal. Little pretence here it is the EU softening."

There is an alternative view which I haven't seen canvased being this is just more to reinforce the EU blame game. The plan is No Deal with this underpinning it.

The 2nd Outbreak and piss poor support package will hit employment hard. The resultant large drop in economic activity will make a No Deal or at best a minimalist deal easier for the UK to digest economically and to camoflauge the impact.

Certainly has a Cummings flavour about it. 

EivcuMoWAAAOdZk.png

2 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

...I was a pretty handy No7 and he the No 10 and in those days No7 were given a bit of licence to inflict a bit of the high tackle,  you know stiff arm take downs, that sort of thing. Well poor lad took himself off at half time with a fake injury...

So Wayne you don't mind breaking the rules when you think you can get away with it and have no regard for the unwritten laws and ethos of sport. 

Are you banging Suella Braverman and if not, worship her from afar who you think is the best AG Britain has ever produced?

She certainly is a picture of honesty and integrity. 

images - 2020-09-15T073641.200.jpeg

11 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

So Wayne you don't mind breaking the rules when you think you can get away with it and have no regard for the unwritten rules and ethos of sport.

Not at all Jack, that was the done thing then and the laws of the game " sort " of allowed such things to happen. Later it became obvious that such practices weren't good for the sport and were penalised to where we are today that any high tackle or " stiff arm tackle as we know it " and you are off to the naughty boy corner.

Talking of naughty boy corners.

37 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

The M20 in Kent yesterday when economic activity is low because of Covid but the French strikes provide a bit of look to the future......I'm sure come 1 January all those new systems in the pipeline will fix the ones that are already fucked today.and we will never see something like this. :lol: 

Now as you know the hold up at the port had absoluuutellllly nothing to do with Brexit and yet you still published it to try and make some sort of impact with your little sycophants. Sort sums up your whole ethos, anything absolutely anything that is even vaguely connected to Brexit is " news ".

Interesting that Chris Shaw who you have used as one of your Twitter "go to's" tried to purport the holdup as a Brexit thing and had no clue it was yet another strike on the  Calais side that was the problem.

10 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

Now as you know the hold up at the port had absoluuutellllly nothing to do with Brexit and yet you still published it to try and make some sort of impact with your little sycophants......no clue it was yet another strike on the  Calais side that was the problem.

Home schooling is really bursting out of you.

46 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

The M20 in Kent yesterday when economic activity is low because of Covid but the French strikes provide a bit of a look to the future

46 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

Not at all Jack, that was the done thing then and the laws of the game " sort " of allowed such things to happen. Later it became obvious that such practices weren't good for the sport and were penalised .....that any high tackle or " stiff arm tackle as we know it " ...

Complete Bullshit 

High tackles have been illegal by specific rule since the 60's maybe even following WWII bracketed under dangerous play. There have been a trillion modifications since particularly starting 30 years ago. Similiarly stiff arms fell under dangerous play rule and still are with elbow/straight arm reference I think unlike high tackles. They are not the same 

19 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Complete Bullshit 

High tackles have been illegal by specific rule since the 60's maybe even following WWII bracketed under dangerous play. There have been a trillion modifications since particularly starting 30 years ago. Similiarly stiff arms fell under dangerous play rule and still are I think unlike high tackles. They are not the same 

My guess is that you have never actually set foot on a rugby pitch and actually played a game of rugby, but instead are a "TV and internet pundit" who watches it and professes along with Covid, Brexit, batteries, and whole manner of subjects, to be the worlds foremost expert on the said subjects.

8 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:
On 9/23/2020 at 12:32 PM, jack_sparrow said:

A good one from the legal David Green.

"Brexit was supposed to turn the UK into an economic superman, but all we have ended up with are more clerks in Kent."

Green is over the moon. He got 20k likes in 20 minutes. 

To be fair, it was quite clever.

The DUP still up to their old tricks of sabotage.

Brexit checks at NI ports will not be ready on time, official confirms

"Denis McMahon, the permanent secretary in the Department of Agriculture Environment and Rural Affairs, said he and his colleagues had been left in an “impossible position” as they worked on a project that was openly opposed by their minister, Edwin Poots (DUP).

On 9/23/2020 at 9:41 AM, Waynemarlow said:

Yup that's whole irony, the ruling elite had become so detached from the their constituents that 4 years on they still have not considered 17,410,742  all had different reasons for voting out and have simply put it down as an aberration. Whaa we want to know exactly why you went against our advice, well if you had listened for the previous 20 years it might never have come to it. Its called tough, you never asked the questions of why the disquiet amongst the rank and file and the consequence of that was a vote for leaving the EU.

As I've posted before; when the result came in I was surprised (I gather this is because I move in the wrong circles). Re-assessing my complacency I figured I had missed something (or things) that had caused people to vote to Leave.  I told myself that democracy in the UK was mature and that we had a generally educated and informed electorate.

I'm still looking, four years on, for Good Reasons to vote on balance to be Out... I've repeatedly asked you, Wayne, to help find them (and summarised your responses to date in a post above).

I'm reaching the conclusion that most of the people that voted Leave may have been (1) Fools, (2) Idiots or (3) rich and privileged enough that they figured that they would benefit more from the opportunities presented (deregulation, exploitation, corruption etc) than they would lose (the protections and freedoms offered by the EU having less benefit to the "1%")...  or (obviously) any combination of these three.

Given that half the population is, by definition, of below average intelligence and only a fraction voted Leave:

brexit-chart.jpg

...this is beginning to look more plausible than any other explanation I've unearthed.

On 9/23/2020 at 9:41 AM, Waynemarlow said:

Now Jacko has brain washed himself with his 1000's of posts into thinking that we all want back in and we will all grovel at the EU's feet to be forgiven like some small child. Hate to say it, but you do not know the English at all well if you think that, my own peer group were discussing this very issue at the pub the other night. Out of the whole group about 80% voted Remain, last week 100% all couldn't wait to be rid of the EU ( not individual European countries as we all want to be friendly neighbours ) and the idealist munchkins that run it. Hate to say it but the chances of reconciliation is now probably 50 years down the road and not the 10 years if there had been an amicable divorce.  

So, would you mind either (1) clarifying which of the above three categories you (and your mates-down-the-pub?) are in or (2) pointing out what I've missed.

Thanks,

W.

• Like 5
39 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

Easy, a victory for the " leave " side in the 2016 referendum,

No that is a 'fact' not a 'guess' though the prize for victory no-one in their right mind would want.

39 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

I'll throw in another, Jacks love in for Corbyn and any vote for Corbyn would be a waste of time.

Wrong  there is no post of mine in existence supporting a Corbyn Government..though if forced to choose, then Corbyn any of the Two Ronnie's or Postman Pat would make for a better Prime Minister than BumFace. 

5 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:
44 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

Easy, a victory for the " leave " side in the 2016 referendum,

No that is a 'fact' not a 'guess' though the prize for victory no-one in their right mind would want.

If its a victory, what did we win?

36 minutes ago, WGWarburton said:

So, would you mind either (1) clarifying which of the above three categories you (and your mates-down-the-pub?) are in or (2) pointing out what I've missed.

Thanks,

W.

I'm going to say his reply will be 1,000 words how the EU stopped him wearing his underpants on the outside and he won't be eating gravel next year as the UK are going to do a trade deal on tarrif free artichokes with someone.

21 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

..the top echelon of the civil service needs a pretty good No 10 boot right up the arse...

20 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Why??? Whitehall doesn't set policy...every single Govt failure to date is directly related to policy not administration

Remember this of the many opinions you put out Wayne that you then walk away from. This is quite a goody and will interest you being so apolitical showing where your tax money has ended up.

1 Nov 2019 - Towns Fund Prospectus

The Towns Fund will invest £3.6 billion into over 100 towns, as part of the government’s plan to level up our regions.

National Audit Office - 'Review of the Town Deals Selection Process'

BumFace  managed to pour nearly the entirety of the £3.6 billion Towns Fund on Tory marginal seats, by riding roughshod over civil service recommendations pre-election.

The entire election of this highway robbery, the lies and the oven ready deal that wasn't ready was an industrial scale rort and raid on the public purse.

Robert Jenrick ignored civil servants to spend Towns Fund millions on Tory marginals

Blue = Govt Chosen

Green= Civil Service Recommendation

EitMseFWsAMtmry.png

Civil Service Recommendation 38 out of 60 funded areas would have been wholly or partly in Cons held seats. 

EitDr6iXgAAMcPL.jpeg

Ministers exercised their discretion, and so 53 of 61 funded areas were in Con-held seats.

EitD18aXgAEv1JX.jpeg

This by Professor Andrew Potter the Chair in Logistics and Transport at Cardiff Business School. 

Will Johnson’s Brexit deal bring choppy waters to Holyhead?

Good piece on Holyhead, which is the 2nd largest RoRo port after Dover.

It is, also, the Shithole of the Universe, twinned with Beirut.

56 minutes ago, mad said:

If its a victory, what did we win?

Ehhhrrmm, the spoils?

You get to write history?

Something from Teaky's desk?

OK, I give in, I can't see anything.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, WGWarburton said:

( 2 ) Ummm that's also easy to answer as you have answered your own question which also answers (1).

3 hours ago, WGWarburton said:

I told myself that democracy in the UK was mature and that we had a generally educated and informed electorate.

Could it be you are simply one blinkered angry Scotsman who is unwillingly to actually let democracy take its natural course, however bitter you may feel about the result. The sad thing is the Scots and Jack are so enthralled with wee nanny Nichola with her constant "nannying" on the BBC every afternoon ( best free air time she's ever had ) are almost certainly going for another independence vote, which she may well lose when the Scots learn of the huge bar bill she has run up and that they will have to pay it back without the Barnett formula's sugar coated tax take from the English taxpayer.  

Sadly for the rest of the UK we are not going to get a chance to vote on whether we want Scotland in the United Kingdom, as I would guess it would be a pretty ones sided vote from England.

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Not so, you are using hindsight yet again to substantiate your spurious rhetoric, I on the other hand had guessed that Leave may win "ahead" of the referendum, I even had the 52 - 48% almost on the dot.

As to the prize, you guys are so short sighted that you haven't as yet realised that in all but a technical sense, we are still to leave the EU. Whats going on at the moment is just the froth around the elite ruling class muppets on both sides of the channel, getting in their  pennies worth to make it seem like they are important. Little do they realise that all they are doing is delaying the eventual FTA that will take place at some time in the future, in the process creating more problems for the real people of Europe, the 99.9% who couldn't give a toss about politics and are only interested in the money in their pockets, of which without a FTA, will be less for all of Europe.

Lets see in 10 years time with the benefit of history before making assumptions about the future seem like facts, as you seem to do, as that will be the only way we will see whether it was a victory or not.

18 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

So funny you think Johnson is a leaver, he is not. But act like one because it gave him power.

• Like 2

Years ago when my father was a secondary school teacher early in his career, and teachers all helped out with sports, he refereed rugby. One of the best refs in the country gave him a very useful piece of advice - "send off the player who gets hit first". Whyne would be gone in minutes.

28 minutes ago, cms said:

Years ago when my father was a secondary school teacher early in his career, and teachers all helped out with sports, he refereed rugby. One of the best refs in the country gave him a very useful piece of advice - "send off the player who gets hit first". Whyne would be gone in minutes.

You obviously haven’t played rugby, look up the playing history of Neil Back or Macaw of NZ who were some of the masters of the dark arts of playing No 7 in rugby, always in your face and creating some great moves from the very bottom of the ruck ;)

2 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

( 2 ) Ummm that's also easy to answer as you have answered your own question which also answers (1).

Could it be you are simply one blinkered angry Scotsman who is unwillingly to actually let democracy take its natural course, however bitter you may feel about the result. The sad thing is the Scots and Jack are so enthralled with wee nanny Nichola with her constant "nannying" on the BBC every afternoon ( best free air time she's ever had ) are almost certainly going for another independence vote, which she may well lose when the Scots learn of the huge bar bill she has run up and that they will have to pay it back without the Barnett formula's sugar coated tax take from the English taxpayer.  

Sadly for the rest of the UK we are not going to get a chance to vote on whether we want Scotland in the United Kingdom, as I would guess it would be a pretty ones sided vote from England.

I'm not seeing an answer here,  Wayne,  just cheap attempts at getting a rise... 

Unless your convoluted wording is meant to suggest that my mistake was to think that the electorate were informed? In which case you are contradicting your own ongoing claim that this was a reasoned and sensible outcome...

Cheers,

W.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, WGWarburton said:

I'm reaching the conclusion that most of the people that voted Leave may have been (1) Fools, (2) Idiots or (3) rich and privileged enough that they figured that they would benefit more from the opportunities presented (deregulation, exploitation, corruption etc) than they would lose (the protections and freedoms offered by the EU having less benefit to the "1%")...  or (obviously) any combination of these three.

1 hour ago, WGWarburton said:

I'm not seeing an answer here,  Wayne,  just cheap attempts at getting a rise... 

You seem to be the one doing that.

1 hour ago, LeoV said:

Will the UK be more European then ever in history ?

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/09/25/the-paradox-of-brexit-and-covid-19-closer-to-europe/

I enjoyed this brain teaser...

Good article and supports my claim that a FTA is just around the corner, why all the dicking about by the bureaucracy other than to give themselves, to their eyes, importance.

7 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Lets see in 10 years time with the benefit of history before making assumptions about the future..

Wayne this is going to come as a huge surprise but the future is governed by what you do today not looking back at what you have done. I could now make a very disparaging remark but pity overwhelms me.

8 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Could it be you are simply one blinkered angry Scotsman who is unwillingly to actually let democracy take its natural course, however bitter you may feel about the result. 

"..let democracy take  its natural course," 

The stated negotiation position for establishing the relationship between the UK and EU is decided by Downing Street.

The stated negotiation position for establishing the relationship between the UK and EU is decided by the unanimous vote of each of the 27 EU member states.

The outcome of the relationship between the UK and EU is decided by Downing Street.

The outcome of the relationship between the UK and EU is decided by the unanimous vote of each of the 27 EU member states.

Democracy in the UK died in December 2019 and you are blind to that or support a totalitarian government. 

I believe the latter as no one could be that fucking stupid.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

You obviously haven’t played rugby, look up the playing history of Neil Back or Macaw of NZ who were some of the masters of the dark arts of playing No 7 in rugby, always in your face and creating some great moves from the very bottom of the ruck ;)

Which has absolutely nothing to do with your original assertion that dangerous play was tolerated in your childhood. But that is the only way the clueless and bullshitters can participate in discourse, avoid the question and avoid reality. 

5 hours ago, LeoV said:

Will the UK be more European then ever in history ?

https://bylinetimes.com/2020/09/25/the-paradox-of-brexit-and-covid-19-closer-to-europe/

I enjoyed this brain teaser...

3 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Good article and supports my claim that a FTA is just around the corner, why all the dicking about by the bureaucracy other than to give themselves, to their eyes, importance.

"..supports my claim that a FTA is just around the corner,..dicking about by the bureaucracy"

Nowhere does that article state, assert or imply a FTA is imminent, in fact it states the very opposite. Nowhere does it state the bureaucracy is an impasse.

It does state;

"Or, put another way, the UK will engage in a race to the bottom on social, labour market and environmental regulation, outcompeting the EU not by being more productive but by cutting corners, ditching carbon reduction targets, and engaging in social and environmental ‘dumping’." 

The question of whether a 'race to the regulatory bottom' is the UK's intention can only be gauged by its refusal to both commit to a 'level playing field' AND refusal to table its domestic laws and regulations that underpin it's intentions, not just with the EU but the rest of the world.

In fact it is refusing to table such domestic laws and regulations despite requests of those in its own Parliament. For instance as diverse as UK food labelling, standards and financial regulations are today unknown. Drafts don't even exist as Downing St have taken control of Brexit process away from Parliament.

So a FTA is NOT imminent at all until the UK's current policy CHANGES (possibly along more European lines as that article says :lol:) and the impasse is caused by UK Government current policy or absence of it, NOT bureaucracy on either side.

But as I said that is your discourse way Wayne, avoid questions and reality by just bullshitting.

But that is the only way the clueless and bullshitters can participate in discourse, avoid the question and avoid reality. 

^^^^^^^^^

That deals with this nonsense. 

9 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Whats going on at the moment is just the froth around the elite ruling class muppets on both sides of the channel, getting in their  pennies worth to make it seem like they are important. Little do they realise that all they are doing is delaying the eventual FTA that will take place at some time in the future, in the process creating more problems for the real people of Europe, the 99.9% who couldn't give a toss about politics and are only interested in the money in their pockets, of which without a FTA, will be less for all of Europe.

It is the UK and more specifically Downing St not bureaucracy and them alone "delaying the eventual" and  "in the process creating more problems for the real people of Europe." 

Unless Downing St does a UTurn very shortly Europe will remember that delay and unnecessary pain thrust upon it and secure a price for that from the future UK/EU relationship what ever it may be.

There is no such thing as a free lunch.

PS. Wayne when you're sick of eating gravel in the EU/UK trade war BumFace looks to be signing you all up to you might get lucky. Like maybe find a piece that looks exactly like a grilled cheese sandwich. Maybe you should start foraging and stockpiling 'grilled gravel' now just in case? 

images - 2020-09-26T113157.248.jpeg

6 hours ago, WGWarburton said:

And I was wrong....he didn't mention the EU's underpants rule. Maybe Waynes a nudist?? :lol:

12 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

I'm going to say his reply will be 1,000 words how the EU stopped him wearing his underpants on the outside..