10 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:
16 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Pre Covid UK starting going down the economic shitter the moment the last vote was counted in 2016.

So I guess the delay in finalising the deal with the EU

Some Yes some No...slide started before referendum...UK just sick economically. Will be out of the G7 shortly.

12 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

Businesses love certainty, they can work with that, from 2016 we had anything but

Correct. That is why they are going to the EU in droves and it's now increasing.

• Replies 20.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack_sparrow

• LeoV

• Waynemarlow

• mad

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old, but gold. Explains so much of what Whyne and Jambalaya wax lyrical about. And the guy was a mate of Boris.   A.A. Gill (Sunday Times journalist and food critic) writing about Brexit bef

No way I'm going to PA. This was a top thread, now it's fucked. Thank you fucking idiots.

I was thinking for the last few days that  as a pro union lifelong Alliance voter I should respond to this post but turning on the radio this morning and hearing Mike Nesbitt made me decide to act.

Posted Images

On 2/1/2021 at 9:16 AM, WGWarburton said:
On 2/1/2021 at 9:08 AM, Waynemarlow said:

Being of the Remain only view + living in Scotland, I guess you would never have noticed the bias in the likes of Newsnight, Question Time, BBC News at 6.00 leading up to the referendum. 

Again, would you explain what you meant... all of Mr 101's comments seem accurate, yet you describe them as "wrong on so many levels", how do you draw that conclusion?

There was no real attempt to make a case for remaining,  which was foolish.

Thanks, 

W.

I wonder which bias this is in Wayne's mind?

Was it the bias where no questions were asked of brexit? and what it would entail? or the thrice weekly dose of Farage?

There seems to be a new claim from angry brexiteers that the BBC are in fact full of left wing bias.  Spinning a new lie is popular it seems as a cover and avoidance to facing reality.

On 2/1/2021 at 10:56 AM, WGWarburton said:
On 2/1/2021 at 10:41 AM, Waynemarlow said:

Really, Cameron and his croonies used every political lever going even letter bombing us, the BBC haranged us, James OBrien on LBC wailed at every oppurtunity, the Scots cried foul, the NI highlighted the border problems, the Brit expats in France complained they didn't have a vote even though they hadn't lived in the country for 20 years, for 2 years up to the referendum the media went into full Goebbals propaganda on both sides of the argument.

Where were you, earplugs in and hoping Remain would win, it was such a sure thing. Sadly for you 17 million thought otherwise. Now 4 years on you are still harping on it all wasn't fair.

Bullshit. Were you out of the country during 2015 by any chance?

I assume you think that an overseas audience will swallow rubbish like this, or maybe you are just trolling?

Whatever... what you say above is flat out untrue, whereas hump101's comment is an accurate description of the foolish complacency that led to the leave campaign's marginal win in the poll.

Thanks for answering the question.

Cheers,

W.

Well that answers the question to my previous post, he's going full Qanon style denying and back peddling now to avoid the reality.

That's a serious case of psychosis going on there.

On 2/1/2021 at 2:53 PM, cms said:

Amazing that Whyne keeps going when all the other pro Brexiteers have realised that there is no upside, and that the promises were bollocks. A very select religious sect is my only idea about why he is still here.

Batshit fucking crazy!!!  I can't imagine even having a conversation with people like this, let alone doing business with them.

Bitter, deluded and quite possibly soon to be bankrupt. Fuck me, I'm glad he's on ignore and I only pop in this forum a couple of times a week now.

• Like 1
On 2/1/2021 at 3:40 PM, WGWarburton said:
On 2/1/2021 at 12:09 PM, Waynemarlow said:

I've heard of Covid deniers but you are more and more sounding like a " Brexit Denier ".

Maybe I lived in England and you lived in Scotland, perhaps thats why the Scots voted to Remain, they didn't have the access to the information widely out there the English did ?

The reverse seems more likely, IMHO. The informed more inclined to remain, the faithful to leave.

Cheers,

Are we witnessing a mental breakdown?

IRTI - funny GIF #7776 - tags: Roger Rabbit smashing plates head film

7 hours ago, cms said:

Has someone put a list together yet of specific products, industries, people, that HM Gov have shafted through ignorance, oversight, incompetence, or contempt?

One or two to kick off where the result is catastrophic.

Seed potatoes.
Eels.
Live bivalve molluscs (Clams, mussels, scallops …

Looking at my supply chain this country is slowly grinding to a halt.  Stockpiles are coming down or depleted after a month.  More and more products are going on the longer lead time list (read ....we don't know) or not available.

Our paint programs on boats are being pushed back by weeks & weeks due to no Awlgrip availability.

This is not gloating ............  this is really really bad to keep planning & deadlines and clients happy - and must be happening in all sectors and nationwide.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, WGWarburton said:
8 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

By the way, I on behalf of the 3 posters here on this thread ...

Never claim to speak for me.

Thanks,

W.

Or me

7 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:
On 1/30/2021 at 10:36 PM, Sea warrior said:

332638B5-46CF-4325-92CB-C8B15AAA3F13.jpeg

Same deal ..Arlene is geeing up the up the fuckwits

Northern Ireland suspends Brexit checks amid safety fears for port staff 

Decision came after council withdrew 12 staff at Larne following reports of ‘menacing behaviour

Tensions over checks on goods crossing the Irish Sea for supermarkets and food services have surfaced in loyalist communities in the past two weeks, with graffiti threatening officials

If only there'd be a warning that this might happen...............................oh wait a minute.:rolleyes::unsure:

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, mad said:

Or me

48 minutes ago, mad said:

There seems to be a new claim from angry brexiteers that the BBC are in fact full of left wing bias.  Spinning a new lie is popular it seems as a cover and avoidance to facing reality.

Seeing as you are 4 years behind the times and you’re not prepared to keep fully in touch with the proceedings , I guess we can ignore you.

32 minutes ago, Laser1 said:

Our paint programs on boats are being pushed back by weeks & weeks due to no Awlgrip availability.

COVID production problems, world wide shipping problems, or genuinely confirmed as Brexit delays, if so put the proof up.

33 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

COVID production problems, world wide shipping problems, or genuinely confirmed as Brexit delays, if so put the proof up.

You sure have a knack to get my back up with your stupidity.   If the main UK distributor tells me he has 4 curtainsiders stuck on the tarmac in Dover I tend to believe him.

And if you're still in doubt, it isn't because they ran out of diesel.

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Laser1 said:

If the main UK distributor tells me he has 4 curtainsiders stuck on the tarmac in Dover I tend to believe him.

So whose fault is that then, who didn't get their paperwork in order, Boris ?

Anyway a twin axle curtainsider is 26 tonne, x 4 is some 104 tonne so that is 104000 litres of paint, how big is your boat.:D

5 hours ago, Upp3 said:

Quicker ain't necessarily better. Boris seems like a captain who is fast to cast the lines for ocean voyage. Provisioning and planning can be done after that? And now that the lines are cast he can gloat as the engine is sputtering just a little when idle. It wast just project fear to say that the engine wouldn't work!

We'll be at sea, so we'll catch fish to eat.....  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Waynemarlow said:

Yes- the stupid brinkmanship meant that no-one had a clear picture of what paperwork would be needed, if any at all given the claims that a wonderful deal would be done... I had a chat with a wine wholesaler late last year who was doing his best to work with the guesses of his customers and getting seriously pissed off with the admonitions to Get Ready that were unaccompanied by any useful advice on how.

At that point three of the larger supermarkets he was working with had three different and mutually exclusive "interpretations" of the possible rules. Each knew that at least one of them would be breaking whatever the rules came to be on Jan 1st but none could know which...

All because the brexiteers didn't know what they were doing for four long years.  No plan, no contingency, no resources, no clue. 

..but now it's all because of covid?

No.

Anyway a twin axle curtainsider is 26 tonne, x 4 is some 104 tonne so that is 104000 litres of paint, how big is your boat.:D

Idiot. 

Cheers, 

W.

• Like 4
2 hours ago, mad said:
10 hours ago, WGWarburton said:
11 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

By the way, I on behalf of the 3 posters here on this thread ...

Never claim to speak for me.

Thanks,

W.

Or me

Or thousands of readers a week 

I wonder if Laura K is one ....we should reach out to her....any ideas? 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, mad said:

If only there'd be a warning that this might happen...............................oh wait a minute.:rolleyes::unsure:

It is funny listening to Arlene.

Everyone in the world calls it the 'Good Friday Agreement'. 

Arlene still sticks to the official title... Well the first bit...leaving out the balance....talks the DUP walked out of.

images - 2021-02-03T072109.209.jpeg

2 hours ago, Laser1 said:
2 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

You sure have a knack to get my back up with your stupidity.   If the main UK distributor tells me he has 4 curtainsiders stuck on the tarmac in Dover I tend to believe him.

And if you're still in doubt, it isn't because they ran out of diesel.

I have found when replying to Wayne it is best to think of him as a vegetable, like a cucumber...and the stages through to where it finally ends up.

Though that does come with risks if you suddenly want to be the supermarket shelf he is sitting on.

156086411_images-2021-01-29T171849_747.jpeg.0490291e7958c0e20ded4e370c85a05f.jpeg

2 hours ago, Laser1 said:

If the main UK distributor tells me he has 4 curtainsiders stuck on the tarmac in Dover I tend to believe him.

Well actually IT IS Johnson's fault he "didn't get their paperwork in order"....

...when it comes to the EU permanent prohibition now on UK bi-valve shellfish..that Brits aren't great fans on eating ...paperwork both Johnson and the Brexit voting Fish Merchants knew in 2016 they would need but COULDN'T ever supply, even if that shellfish final process stage was in the EU. 

EU shellfish import ban permanent, UK fishing industry told

"As the UK is now a separate country, it is not allowed to transport the animals to the EU unless they have already been treated in purification plants.

The UK government previously said it thought the restrictions on exports of bivalve molluscs - such as mussels, clams, cockles, scallops and oysters - would end on 21 April.

This was because Brussels was "expected" to change its rules on that date to allow unpurified shellfish in from non-member states."

Guess who will be getting UK licenses to take that shellfish now?

Interesting shellfish catches were valued at £393 million in 2019.

Strange, add 5 years inflation, I seem to remember a number like that once on the side of a bus 5 years ago??

19 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

I have found when replying to Wayne it is best to think of him as a vegetable, like a cucumber...and the stages through to where it finally ends up.

Now Jack, I could lay a bet, more cucumbers get to have sex than you. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, Ned said:

We'll be at sea, so we'll catch fish to eat.....  

Only up to 200 mile, less in the Channel and Irish Sea and then the fish there needs to be the type normally eaten.

However all is not lost ...there is always Thai Tuna bought at a online store...second thoughts they have stopped UK deliveries :D

images - 2021-02-03T081705.620.jpeg

5 hours ago, WGWarburton said:

<\le snip

No.

Idiot. 

Cheers, 

W.

Dubya, I like this call of Idiot. Cheers.  We need a t-shirt.  It would sell like hotcakes.  Or, perhaps, a bit of fly's cemetery, if you are more borders...

I have a far better quote and do a really weird thing and put a name to it.

"Northern Ireland is being treated completely different from the United Kingdom when it comes to Brexit.. We have been betrayed."

DUP MP Ian Paisley Jnr (who voted for the WA/IP that says Nth Ireland would be treated completely differently.) Listen HERE to the fool on ToryRadio 

“We make mistakes every day...

In a joint statement, six world leaders issued an appeal for multilateralism.

Johnson wasn't one of them.

These bits would have really troubled him.

"It has reminded us of an obvious fact: in the face of a pandemic, our health safety chain is only as strong as the weakest health system."

"The joint statement called for enhanced support to developing countries, notably Africa, .."

“We make mistakes every day.

Like vote for this lot.

Woman in prison numbers are dropping. 

So prisons minister here given precise, clear questions about WHY are they building MORE prison cells for women and WHAT the modelling actually is???

Spoiler, you guessed it, “...20,000 more police officers”

45 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

The bumbling fuckwit is now blaming the EU for the very Brexit he demanded.

GFA worked just fine, then UK decides to do Brexit, now it is somehow EU's job to fix the mess of NI? Bull fucking shit! Own your own shit, clean your own mess!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

“We make mistakes every day. 

You do realise it was your pinup girl Ursula that made that quote, in good faith in regards her gaffe on the Article 16, which you have now shortened down to “ We make mistakes every day “ .  Really does confirm the idiot you are.

6 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

“We make mistakes every day. We learn every day. The Brexshit is a rollercoaster. But I am convinced we can only reverse this together.”

Nice quote for you guys that you will never hear from whine.

Fixerated .....in full ...... idiot :lol:

• Like 1
45 minutes ago, Laser1 said:

Fixerated .....in full ...... idiot :lol:

I much prefer that others read his posts and give us the "good" bits. Thanks.

1 hour ago, Laser1 said:

Fixerated .....in full ...... idiot 

Only an idiot would blame at most 1 day delay at the port, on his work schedule being held up. By the way, bet Awlplast paint is not even made in the EU.

23 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

Only an idiot would blame at most 1 day delay at the port, on his work schedule being held up. By the way, bet Awlplast paint is not even made in the EU.

Sigh ..........    <_<

• Like 1
9 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

The bumbling fuckwit truth-twister is now blaming the EU for the very Brexit he demanded.

This has now moved to Gove writing a bombshell letter to EU's Maros Sefcovic.

UK seeking to change IPJoint Committee agreed outcomes. Has listed demands for EU to comply with. Many are extensions to paper up over their own unpreparedness for dealing with GB to NI trade.

The closing para indicates these cunts are out to recast the GFA in their own light and that of Unionists.

"Northern Ireland would not be where it is today if the negotiations leading to the 1998 Agreement had been done on a technical and legalistic basis. What is required now is an urgent reset to put the Belfast ‘Good Friday’ Agreement...first"

Looks more and more like UK are going to trigger A16. 

Is there a more untrustworthy nation on earth than the UK now??

Outlined here in this excellent summary from Tony Connelly 

Arlene Foster writing in the Telegraph about  complete confusion and chaos being created by the NI Protocol. Usual stuff, it should be scrapped and fuck the GFA etc. Basically Johnson's new mouthpiece is off and running.

Then the problem example she picked and .......my blood ran cold.

........moving military goods between GB & NI.

Then whose fucking military?? 

Article 1 of the Protocol allows for “essential State functions”.

IMG_20210204_180750.jpg

The signatures on the EU-U.K. divorce decree have barely had time to dry. The European Parliament has yet to formally ratify the Trade and Cooperation Agreement reached on Christmas Eve. Years of tough, often bitter, negotiations avoided a no-deal catastrophe but left many questions about the future relationship unanswered. The U.K. and the EU have settled into a new, uncomfortable coexistence framed by deep mistrust and lingering resentment — punctuated by occasional cheap barbs and arguably juvenile jabs.

https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-bad-blood-eu-uk-vaccines/

• Like 1

They are milking art 16 stuff for domestic public, fighting for the union etc. As you could expect. If I signed a difficult deal to swallow I would do too.

UK said no to the EU influence (SM CU and even basic relations), so NI is in a difficult spot. And always will be.

15 minutes ago, LeoV said:

They are milking art 16 stuff for domestic public, fighting for the union etc. As you could expect. If I signed a difficult deal to swallow I would do too.

UK said no to the EU influence (SM CU and even basic relations), so NI is in a difficult spot. And always will be.

Leo where does it end up?

Logic says if no-one is bluffing.

Ireland Protocol scrapped

Trade and Cooperation Agreement scrapped.

If business has problems now, particularly those in NI, that is a drop in the bucket compared to TCA gone.

So it's just more Johnson bluster and fuck all??

EU will bend over backwards to avoid violence in NI, for a while... EU members most distant geographically will get increasingly disinterested and eventually say let them all shoot each other, sadly. In the meantime EU leadership and German, French, Irish etc leaders will look VERY seriously at the reality of the situation, and will not hesitate in due course, to also use statements and letters made public, to point out Boris's cavalier attitude to the protocol and the utter lack of serious, detailed preparation form the UK. If UK gets shitty, and reneges on protocol commitments, I think we will see non NI related measures implemented against UK, and that will hurt. So Bumface and co will still be on a tightrope of their own making for quite a while.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cms said:

EU will bend over backwards to avoid violence in NI, for a while... EU members most distant geographically will get increasingly disinterested and eventually say let them all shoot each other, sadly.

Those "disinterested" and "distant geographically" ..like those who front the Channel and the Nth Sea. :D

32 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Those "disinterested" and "distant geographically" ..like those who front the Channel and the Nth Sea. :D

Well, they don't give a shit in little England, other than trying to take pop shots at the EU.

Joint statement by European Commission Vice-President Šefčovič and the UK Chancellor of the Duchy of Lancaster Gove

Constructive solution-driven cooperation is essential to addressing outstanding issues...blah blah.

This a journo tweet about a meeting last night

"Hearing from many sides that last nights meeting with Michael Gove and Maros Sefcovic and Arlene Foster and Michelle O’Neill was very tense and loud. In particular the demands by Foster to end the Protocol with no solutions. And no willingness to work it out."

This an earlier interview with O'Neil Make the protocol work

Foster interviewed yesterday  She has obviously hardened the rhetoric since but clearly wants huge change (impossible)

The domestic slanging match that is going to erupt in Nth Ireland is going to get very ugly as that is where Foster is going with clear intent but no big solution...because there isn't one.

She is Johnson's glove puppet yet again. She never learns.

1 hour ago, cms said:

EU will bend over backwards to avoid violence in NI, for a while. EU members most distant geographically will get increasingly disinterested and eventually say let them all shoot each other,...

Same journo....you on same page.

"Meanwhile many EU member states are perhaps jaded at more talk of protecting the NI protocol. But a few brought the issue up yesterday - Fr, Ger and NL. Germany raised the point that the UK shouldn’t be allowed ‘abusé the mistake made by the Commission last week."

17 hours ago, Laser1 said:
17 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Sigh ..........    <_<

What the fuck is Awlplast?

This is very interesting if you are a data nerd....also is something the UK struggled with as a EU member for the last 18 months???

All EU Member States have been required to apply the General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR", Regulation (EU) 2016/679) since 25 May 2018. After what looks like a grace period, the EU data protection authorities ("DPA") have increased their fining activity significantly.

There is a thing called a GDPR ENFORCEMENT TRACKER REPORT

This summary page shows up to end of each month. In July 2018 there was 1 fine totalling €400K. In Jan 2021, there were 498 fines totalling €275M.

4 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Google AkzoNobel note their HQ address then scroll to their marine paints then Awlgrip.

And you're on a sailing forum. Fuck me. 

3 hours ago, jgh66 said:

Awlplast? 

Not made in EU? 

And you wanted to discuss about boat design? OMG

Have you ever seen a boat from nearby? 

He's a bullshitting dopey cunt.

39 minutes ago, cms said:
1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Well, they don't give a shit in little England, other than trying to take pop shots at the EU.

They might when they have to seal up post boxes and remove bins in stations again.

The last IRA ceasefire was called on August 31st, 1994, and held for just over 16 months.

It came to an emphatic end on February 9th, 1996, when a onetonne bomb blasted South Quay in London's Docklands, killing two people and injuring many more and causing hundreds of millions of pounds of damage.

The blast signalled the start of a new wave of bombings, killings and disruption in Northern Ireland, Britain and continental Europe.

February 15th, 1996 - a 5lb Semtex bomb left in a holdall in a telephone box in Charing Cross Road, central London, was disarmed.

February 18th - IRA man Edward O'Brien was killed by his own bomb when it accidentally detonated and ripped apart the bus on which he was travelling in Aldwych, central London.

April 24th - Two devices were placed at the south side of Hammersmith Bridge in west London and an IRA warning was telephoned to a news agency. There were small explosions when the detonators went off, but the bombs themselves did not explode.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/docklands-bomb-signalled-start-of-17-month-campaign-1.90481

21 minutes ago, mad said:

They might when they have to seal up post boxes and remove bins in stations again.

In the 70's before the IRA got more sophisticated, apparently authorities when they wanted to grab some suspects they took a tour down the Falls Rd in Belfast.

They would keep an eye out for the 'lucky' blokes with missing fingers, and or blind in one eye, 'lucky' as in it was only the detonator that went off. Hearing that I understood.

My father used to blow up shit on our property and as a kid I asked him why he fiddled around with detonators behind his back. He said that was because then you only lost a finger or two, not that plus your eyesight.

3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Leo where does it end up?

Logic says if no-one is bluffing.

Not ending before local elections in May, there is a need to keep the Eu as a bully or frenemy. local elections in May.
It is only big news in the UK. For the rest it was a mistake* quickly undone.

*mistake or warning shot against Big Pharma not to use NI as an undocumented way into GB.
There is still a problem with accountability of AZ and transport of surrogates.
Been following it and there is a problem in the numbers, what happened to that material ?
Tossed away, miss production of vaccines, wrong numbers ?

2 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:
22 minutes ago, mad said:

In the 70's before the IRA got more sophisticated, apparently authorities when they wanted to grab some suspects they took a tour down the Falls Rd in Belfast.

They would keep an eye out for the lucky blokes with missing fingers, and or blind in one eye, lucky as in it was only the detonator that went off. Hearing that I understood.

My father used to blow up shit on our property and as a kid I asked him why he fiddled around with detonators behind his back. He said that was because then you only lost a finger or two, not that plus your eyesight.

Much easier and safer with C4/semtex these days, put a few blocks in with the new delivery of AK-47s shipped straight from Rotterdam. 

7 minutes ago, mad said:

Much easier and safer with C4/semtex these days, put a few blocks in with the new delivery of AK-47s shipped straight from Rotterdam. 

I'm now imagining Leo involved in the aftermath of the Irish Protocol going to shit .....as an arms dealer. :D

I just remembered this cracker....

A paper written by Gove in 2000 when home editor of The Times and published by the Tory think tank the Centre for Policy Studies (Tufton Street). 

Gove should not be fucking allowed near or ANYTHING related to Nth Ireland.

'Northern Ireland the Price of Peace', Review

'Northern Ireland the Price of Peace  The Paper

58 Pages of bile.

- The peace process in Northern Ireland is a 'moral stain' and 'humiliation.

- likening it to the appeasement of the Nazis and even managing to attack the rights of trans people, women and the disabled in the process.

- Opposed decommissioning of paramilitaries.

- The Good Friday agreement threatens our way of life.

- A rigged referendum.

- Attacked a diverse police force.

- Shoot to kill by undercover SAS should not have been stopped.

9 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Google AkzoNobel note their HQ address then scroll to their marine paints then Awlgrip.

OK Awlgrip, now the reason I bought this up is Laser1 was complaining about his supplies were being held for 1 day in the port coming over from EU land, and that 1 day was all to do with Brexit and nothing to do with the Covid requirements, nor for the fact that his supplier in Euroland probably hadn't been supplied in time from the US or wherever the base ingredients had come from due to the sea freight situation at the moment.

Fair enough if 1 day is going to totally screw with his schedule and he is willing to jump on the blame Brexit for everything bandwagon, then I would say that maybe just both he and his suppliers are probably milking the Brexit bandwagon a little to much and using it to cover their own arses.

But now AkzoNobel, you know that great Dutch company that is exclusively based in the EU according to you guys, well did you know one of its most advanced factories was set up in 2017 in the UK, 1 year after the referendum which you guys seem to think would hold up all UK investment.

"Manufacturing giant AkzoNobel has opened the world’s most advanced paint factory in Ashington, securing 150 jobs.

The Northumberland plant cost more than £100m to build and contains state-of-the-art robots on their production lines which will be used predominantly to make Dulux paint ".

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/business/business-news/100m-northumberland-paint-plant-launched-13607203

There is certainly issues in GB > NI trade and the Joint Committees transition arrangements recognises that. However why does every press article contain something like this.

"Unionists have criticised the mechanism, claiming it has caused trade issues between Great Britain and NI."

Don't Republicans and Nationalists or even Catholics shop? Do they all forage in the woods for food?

It is a bit like the dumb arse NI Sec claiming there is NO border in the Irish Sea. Yet Unionist graffiti like this is in the background of his pressers.

This is going to be a tiresome few weeks ahead.

_116811152_no_irish_sea_border_graffiti_004.jpg

Simon Coveney in the Independent.

The EU will not scrap or alter controversial Brexit border arrangements for Northern Ireland in response to “unilateral demands or threats” from London, Ireland’s foreign minister has warned.

Simon Coveney said that the Northern Ireland Protocol was a result of the negotiation stance taken by Boris Johnson, telling those who fought for a hard Brexit: “You've got to own the consequences of your own decisions.”

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

But now AkzoNobel, you know that great Dutch company that is exclusively based in the EU according to you guys, well did you know one of its most advanced factories was set up in 2017 in the UK, 1 year after the referendum which you guys seem to think would hold up all UK investment.

"Manufacturing giant AkzoNobel has opened the world’s most advanced paint factory in Ashington, securing 150 jobs.

The Northumberland plant cost more than £100m to build and contains state-of-the-art robots on their production lines which will be used predominantly to make Dulux paint ".

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/business/business-news/100m-northumberland-paint-plant-launched-13607203

If you kept Googling you would have found the hundreds and hundreds of their plants around the world. 

Are you surprised the UK didn't miss out??

21 minutes ago, cms said:

Simon Coveney in the Independent.

The EU will not scrap or alter controversial Brexit border arrangements for Northern Ireland in response to “unilateral demands or threats” from London, Ireland’s foreign minister has warned.

Simon Coveney said that the Northern Ireland Protocol was a result of the negotiation stance taken by Boris Johnson, telling those who fought for a hard Brexit: “You've got to own the consequences of your own decisions.”

Paging Whine, paging Whine. See the bolded piece above.

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, jgh66 said:

Breaking news! 

1st Brexshit advantage found: brexshit believers can use much cheaper Dulux instead of Awlplast to coat their boats

Years ago I sold a crappy steel 50 foot ketch for an even crappier South African seller. He repainted one side of the hull with B&Q emulsion (interior wall paint), too stingy to use Dulux.

Whyne just for you, since you are  propably the only guy on this forum who can't understand. 

There are some brands that every sailer knows:

Saying Awlplast is like saying Mc Johnson instead of McDonald's,  or Angmoon instead of England for the general public. Who is paying you to write this kind of shit?  

1 hour ago, jgh66 said:

There are some brands that every sailer knows:

Saying Awlplast is like saying Mc Johnson instead of McDonald's,  or Angmoon instead of England for the general public. Who is paying you to write this kind of shit? 

Hands up yes I know Awlgrip, I use on occassion a product ending in "Plas" at work and it was simply an error of combining a name.

Its a bit like you saying that the AstraZenica vaccine is not to be used for the O65's, but Pfizer is, until you line up with your arm out, only to find the AstraZenica vaccine is the only one on offer. Do you say I'll wait or do you call it Pfizer to your mates, does the same job and we all know what was meant. Mind you Germany is some way out for getting vaccines I hear, even rumours of begging the Russians. So what are you going to label it as Sputnik or as so often Germany does, repackage it and call it German Pfizer to all the good Bergers ?  

Cadbury or Nestle, forgotten which, shut down their plant in NZ when we were there. So I had to boycott them. With the travel restrictions and the chaos in England, it seems les likely the Admiral and I will be visiting in May. The two London Bobbies will have to get married without us. We were then going to putter around Scotland.

A.16 might be the least of their problems.

Valance has said "There was more concern about two other variants that had emerged in South Africa and Brazil.

He said: "They have certain features which means they might be less susceptible to vaccines."

It was that which has driven new incoming restrictions by country and quarantine hotels.

So this not brilliant with the ratio of UK variant now spread throughout UK and it potentially may be added to BR and SA variants regarding vaccine effectiveness.

Concerning coronavirus mutation now found in UK variant

13 hours ago, cms said:

Years ago I sold a crappy steel 50 foot ketch for an even crappier South African seller. He repainted one side of the hull with B&Q emulsion (interior wall paint), too stingy to use Dulux.

Inside or outside?

10 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Hands up yes I know Awlgrip, I use on occassion a product ending in "Plas" at work and it was simply an error of combining a name.

Its a bit like you saying that the AstraZenica vaccine is not to be used for the O65's, but Pfizer is, until you line up with your arm out, only to find the AstraZenica vaccine is the only one on offer. Do you say I'll wait or do you call it Pfizer to your mates, does the same job and we all know what was meant. Mind you Germany is some way out for getting vaccines I hear, even rumours of begging the Russians. So what are you going to label it as Sputnik or as so often Germany does, repackage it and call it German Pfizer to all the good Bergers ?  

Only 50% of German health workers like to get vaccinated. It was good that there was one country crazy enough to start a large scale vaccine field trial, so not more of our people die if some problems arise. Problem with AZ is that it is only effective in 60-70% of people. If germans take the risk to get vaccinated they at least want to get a vaccine that is highly effective. Biontec /Moderna are 95%, Sputnik is 91,5%. You can expect that even if AZ would be availible in large amount, there is nobody who wants to get vaccinated with that stuff. People would prefer to wait for effective vaccines. So it makes no big sense to build up large scale production of AZ in germany. To set up production for Sputnik in germany might make a lot more sense. 

29 minutes ago, jgh66 said:

To set up production for Sputnik in germany might make a lot more sense. 

Using the Russian empirical data to substantiate the efficacy trials of course. Mind you the Germans do love a bit of Russia when it suits them. All those Russian gas pipelines for what is supposed to be one of greenest countries in the world. All that heavy industry that has to produce all those batteries needing all that electricity, oh so green. Better crank up the coal mines you so love if you fall out with Putin. 

We hear Frederick had a melt down with Jacks pinup girl Ursula, a few fine words were spoken about her competence ? She’s so loved in Germany.

Never love your leader, that is for extremists left or right. Populists thrive by that. Nor hate them. Like or dislike a person or policy is the bandwidth for normal thinking people.

At least she answers without waffle about Greek gods, superman and kippers;
https://www.politico.eu/article/von-der-leyen-says-eu-misjudged-complexity-of-manfacturing-coronavirus-vaccines-on-large-scale/

2 hours ago, Upp3 said:

Inside or outside?

Outside. Completely useless, incompetent, lying, cheating bastard. One of my brokers was excited when the guy called about bringing the boat to us to sell. Our excitement waned rapidly. Whenever anything had broker on board, he had just looked dumbly at it, then hidden it or ignored it. Bruce Roberts designs are built by anyone and everyone. This was well built but catastrophically maintained.

A crazy Norwegian guy rang me, interested. I told him the truth, warts and all, pretty much nothing worked. But he came anyway and the seller showed him round. He came back to my office, sat down wearily, and said I was very honest. The only thing he could find that worked was the salt water foot pump in the galley.

Took him for dinner, someone morose evening, then to his hotel. In the morning he came back, smiling and said he would buy the boat anyway. Scandinavian noir? All went ahead, seller filled lots of cans with diesel from the fuel dock, which, on questioning, he said he was putting into the tank on the boat so that the buyer could at least get the engine working when launched. Deal completed, seller gone, buyer works away for a week to make the boat basic seaworthy and launches. Engine won't start. Not a drop of diesel in the tank, which the nutter had cut the top off to drain, and just sat the top back in place.

Bastard lived in SE London. I had friends in Customs and the Met Police, who turned up together at his house and did him for tax free diesel in his Land Rover, and driving on a fake SA licence when he had been banned for drunken driving and causing serious accident.

Crazy Scandiwegian called me a couple of weeks later to tell me he had hit a rock in Denmark and the engine blew up getting off, but that was all fine because he would now be importing a vessel without engine, so tax would be much lower. Liked his style.

• Like 2