• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack_sparrow

• LeoV

• Waynemarlow

• mad

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was thinking for the last few days that  as a pro union lifelong Alliance voter I should respond to this post but turning on the radio this morning and hearing Mike Nesbitt made me decide to act.

No way I'm going to PA. This was a top thread, now it's fucked. Thank you fucking idiots.

Umm, that would be you.  1) You are fool (as is both evident and self-confessed) who thinks that brexit is a good idea.  2) You post nonsense that only reinforces this and believe that you a

Posted Images

This is the DUP's 5 point plan in gee up domestic support format to get rid of the IP.

Note the last one which rules out any need for a border in the Irish Sea.

That leaves ONLY 2 options.

1. Hard border on the island of Ireland

2. Cancel Brexit.

They really haven't thought this through OR it is wind the clock back 50 years and do a remake of the Troubles MII.

EtPLs9ZWgAIgqp5.jpeg

44 minutes ago, cms said:

I have been reluctant to do boooring fish stories. However seeing you have paved the way. Thanks mate. :D

Fish is only the tip of the SME iceberg that's slowly rising.

This poor stupid industry rep sounds as though he should be put on suicide watch. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cms said:

Whyne never looks further than a headline he likes.

Thats so funny coming from you, Jack pops up the most short thinking " headline " so biased against Johnson that you have got to go " really " and up pops his sycophant CuMS with his pithy little bitter Scot expat comments everytime, at least I ignore most of them or relate them to real life and go " oh well " Brexit is now behind us, lets move on.

Not sure that it wasn't the same lot who did this assessment on Scottish independence as used by the unicorn industry ref Brexit? I have already read long lists of omissions and areas not covered or incorrectly assessed using wrong figures.

3 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Thats so funny coming from you, Jack pops up the most short thinking " headline " so biased against Johnson that you have got to go " really " and up pops his sycophant CuMS with his pithy little bitter Scot expat comments everytime, at least I ignore most of them or relate them to real life and go " oh well " Brexit is now behind us, lets move on.

You really are an objectionable little man.  

• Like 2

Government Is Writing To The EU Over Post-Brexit Shellfish Ban Which Threatens To Destroy Businesses

The backstory says it all about how these unprincipled and self entitled people operate. 

1. The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA) WRONGLY tells industry it's shellfish product won't be banned, despite EU regulations that say they will.

2. The European Commission write to the UK shellfish industry last month informing the UK it is now a third country and so its product is banned.

3. Minter Eustice then tells a Lords sub-committee on Wednesday that the EU are "legally wrong" and their actions are unjustified".

4. The European Commissions then send another letter to the British shellfish industry the next day setting out the legal basis for the ban which is clear and has been in operation for up to 30 years.

5. Eustice is expected to now send a letter to the European Commission expressing the government's dismay with the ban. In fact so pissed off contemplated Gove writing it to show the UK very serious.

Meanwhile industry is dead. If something could be done, then it's not being done as the UK is off chasing someone to blame.

4 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

FRIDAYS WTF

So suddenly there is a cost to Brexit now and suddenly we believe in economic impact assessments.

EtaUr2IXIAA5PZv.jpeg

I wonder if these calculations take in to account the benefits of Scotland's fast track (hopefully) re-entry in the EU...

1 hour ago, alphafb552 said:

I wonder if these calculations take in to account the benefits of Scotland's fast track (hopefully) re-entry in the EU...

Not properly.

UPDATE   

So far it's fuck the fishermen, fuck the exporters, fuck the importers and fuck the Irish, fuck the arts, fuck the Scottish, fuck the students, fuck the financial sector...and fuck the EU....not bad for the first 5 weeks.

• Like 3
17 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

This is the DUP's 5 point plan in gee up domestic support format to get rid of the IP.

Note the last one which rules out any need for a border in the Irish Sea.

That leaves ONLY 2 options.

1. Hard border on the island of Ireland

2. Cancel Brexit.

They really haven't thought this through OR it is wind the clock back 50 years and do a remake of the Troubles MII.

EtPLs9ZWgAIgqp5.jpeg

^^^^^^^^^^  with this

FIND OF THE WEEK

Letter from Arlene Foster as Joint Leader to Theresa May in August 2016. Copied to Johnson.

Her Brexit Wish List - She didn't know Brexit means Brexit.

- Border doesn't undermine the peace process.

- Maintain existing ease of trade with all EU states and ease for movement of people.

- UK/RoI/NI energy interconnectors not disrupted.

- Replace EU CAP money incl for fishing.

Now Compare to DUP current 5 point plan. :lol:

The Journey from that letter

May satisfies her wishes in FULL. 

2017 Election Tories now need DUP to govern.

2017 Upon Foster's insistence hard border with backstop adopted, not Irish Sea Border.

2018/19 Johnson starting at DUP conference and then as PM there will be no Irish Sea Border.

2019 Foster rejects every one of Mays deals, supporting Johnson.

2019 May gone Johnson in 

2019 Border in Irish Sea.

2020 Dec Joint Committee Irish Protocol procedures sign off.

2021 Jan 1 Transition ends

2021 Jan 15 Johnson threatens to invoke A.16 and Foster wants to blow up the Protocol.

They really do deserve each other.

Arlene is as dumb as batshit and it is not an act is true. Snookered.

Foster and DUP's time is up, only a matter of timing.

IMG_20210206_135613.jpg

IMG_20210206_140332.jpg

Every one fucking forgets that in October 2019 just four days after Johnson's self proclaimed Brussels triumph of avoiding a No Deal, the Department for Exiting the EU (DExEU) produced a detailed analysis of the Withdrawal Agreement Bill.

DExEU were not the only ones. During the 2019 UK general election campaign the Labour Party released a leaked Treasury presentation. It said the Withdrawal Agreement would separate Northern Ireland from whole swathes of the UK's internal market.

Challenged on the same day Johnson said there will be “no checks on goods going from GB to NI, and from NI to GB."

The above has all been posted here and laughed about over a year ago.

So the problems with the Irish Sea border were foreseen from the moment the deal was signed. Described in detail the very issues which fucking Johnson and Foster are now yelling about over the past weeks as if they are some fucking surprise.

Johnson put Northern Ireland into the hands of Gove, who in turn put it on the back-burner for a year. He then cobbled together a series of rushed Joint Committee determinations under Protocol.

It is their nuts that belong in the fucking fire, no one else. 

Then drown them along with poisonous Arlene.

3538.jpg

4 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Arlene is as dumb as batshit and it is not an act is true. Snookered.

Foster and DUP's time is up, only a matter of timing.

To explain.

"Concerns over the new Irish Sea border have seen DUP support fall to 19% - the lowest in two decades. On 18%, Alliance is breathing down its neck to challenge for the position of Northern Ireland's second largest party."

The kicker here is they are losing support to the liberal/centrasists like Alliance over the sea border, but where Alliance support the sea border. :lol:

One interesting twist is what if Alliance becomes #2 alongside SF or even #1. Alliance don't support power-sharing mandated by the Good Friday Agreement. I think they might bin that one. :D

I personally would like to thank the DUP for their hard work and commitment to putting the border back in the Irish sea where it belongs.

23 minutes ago, LeoV said:

I personally would like to thank the DUP for their hard work and commitment to putting the border back in the Irish sea where it belongs.

It was a pleasure 

First we requested a border in the sea, then we rejected it, then we were promised it would never be in the sea, then we rejected it being on land, then we voted to put it in the sea, however we now want it put on the land, however because it's in the sea causing difficulties, our troops are deserting us to a party who prefer the border to remain in the sea.

Would you like to join our party??? 

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:

Speaking Irish

Ireland's Embassy in the US posted this cool and timely piece.

https://twitter.com/IrelandEmbUSA/status/1357845797497372673?s=20

I just twigged that video was made to celebrate not just Black but also the Mixed Race Irish community. 

Then remembered the term Black Irish used to describe Irish with dark features was not just to describe them. It was also used in the United States by mixed-race descendants of Europeans and African Americans or Native Americans to hide their heritage.

I can now see why the Irish US embassy very keen to post.

6 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

UPDATE   

So far it's fuck the fishermen, fuck the exporters, fuck the importers and fuck the Irish, fuck the arts, fuck the Scottish, fuck the students, fuck the financial sector...and fuck the EU....not bad for the first 5 weeks.

It was never about this.

It was all about delivering Brexit before the EU tax laws kicked in on Jan 1st, nothing else.

Wayne's head will explode if he can ever get his head around this.................its just a huge fucking con job, and he fell for it.

9 minutes ago, mad said:

It was never about this.

It was all about delivering Brexit before the EU tax laws kicked in on Jan 1st, nothing else....

I ran out of commas 

Love it, every time the EU takes a kicking, Jack plays the Irish card, is this diversionary tactics one may ask.

it’s been a bad week for the commissioner’s at the top, quick trip to Russia to kiss their arses in the vain hope of a bit of Sputnik 5, only to be kicked into touch with 3 Eurocrats expelled for sticking up for Navalny ( quite rightly so considering the poisoning by Russia and the trumped up charges ) despite the week of the show trial of Navalny.

Even Joe got in on the act and fell out with the EU over sanctions against the Russians and Chinese even being deemed unreliable sanction partners by Lavrov, basically a 2 fingered reposte.

Then Jacks pinup girl Ursula fronts up and says the U.K. is like a speedboat compared to the EU tanker. I keep saying us Brits are nimble and adept and yet you lot seem to think otherwise.

I just twigged that video was made to celebrate not just Black but also the Mixed Race Irish community. 

Then remembered the term Black Irish used to describe Irish with dark features was not just to describe them. It was also used in the United States by mixed-race descendants of Europeans and African Americans or Native Americans to hide their heritage.

And I had to let it play to realize that they’re all speaking Irish. Makes me proud.

https://www.ft.com/content/d0fd6c4c-939a-43c7-a9b9-47c8d3cab253

More on the AZ/Oxford jab EU and UK drama, and still not approved in the US.

Dutch medical agency tossed away a batch of AZ as it was not good enough, factory tossed away batches for same reasons.
Still UK gets 100% and EU 31% of ordered jabs.

Board of AZ gets a bit jittery about the CEO and bad relation with EU.

• Like 1

And yet most of that drama could have been avoided with some early behind closed doors communication.
"Yields are not good in Belgium. There may will be minor some major shortfalls."

At least BionTech looks good. Sounds like the reworked production process makes up the AZ delays.

Yep, communication... and not telling the EU that UK labs will not supply the EU,  as stated in the contract (which the CEO says is open to debate).

Hot news, 80.000 extra AZ jabs delivered today here, for scale multiply with 4.6 to compare with the UK.
Let's hope their quality control is now good.

8 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

It was a pleasure 

First we requested a border in the sea, then we rejected it, then we were promised it would never be in the sea, then we rejected it being on land, then we voted to put it in the sea, however we now want it put on the land, however because it's in the sea causing difficulties, our troops are deserting us to a party who prefer the border to remain in the sea.

Would you like to join our party??? 

We need more Mike Nesbitt’s and less ‘fog horns’ on the unionist’s side .

The first 15 odd minutes of this video for relevance..

7 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

“Black Irish” has/had different meanings and connotations depending on who you talked to iirc.

Down our way “black Irish” referred to the Anglo’s , nothing to do with skin colour.

Fury at Gove as exports to EU slashed by 68% since Brexit

A government spokesperson calls the Road Haulage Association liars and says; "disruption at the border has so far been minimal and freight movements are now close to normal levels, despite the Covid-19 pandemic."

Then it gets even better.

"April through to July what really worries me is we face a perfect storm."

“We will have an economy looking to come out of lockdown at the same time as the UK is imposing a range of import controls on EU business that may be no more prepared than UK businesses have been – and possibly less so – and a supply chain that is incredibly reluctant to service the UK. The full Brexit crisis that we were predicting could well come into effect at that point.”

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Love it, every time the EU takes a kicking, Jack plays the Irish card, is this diversionary tactics one may ask.

Is it still a diversion if I play the 'English nationalist drowns in Irish Sea' card??

4886.jpg

5 hours ago, WGWarburton said:

11-6.

Woohoo!

Cheers,

W.

Looking at Calcutta Cup score board between the two, the Scots have two choices, rejoin the EU OR beating England, they can't have both.

A. Independence, rejoin the EU but keep losing to England on English HOME soil and NEVER see a trifecta again.

OR

B. Stick with Brexit, stay out of the EU and finally start beating England at home. A win next year and the next, Murrayfield or Twickenham, that will the FIRST trifecta since 1970 - 1972 and only the 3rd since WWII.

Scoreboard

UK/Scotland joined the EEC/EU in 1973.

Scotland has only won the Calcutta Cup at Twickenham ONCE since they joined the EU/EC, this is the second time.

Scotland has NEVER 'won' the Calcutta Cup at Twickenham while in the single market which started in 1993.

However on a more positive note. :D

If Scotland is independent and or in EU and England isn't, then the two have seperated. It was ONLY the EEC/EU that brought them closer together in 1973 and that fucked their rugby game up.

Therefore to return to pre 1973 rugby form, there HAS to be Scottish Independence and EU in or out. Though if the Partly United Kingdom rejoins the EU, they might need to Scotex.

BTW this was also England losing the first match of Six Nations Championship.....a sign they will surely struggle both at rugby and shipping stuff back and forth across the channel.

b25lY21zOjljNWJhOTYwLTY0MTEtNDA2Yi04ZDNhLTg3ZWE5NTg5OTMyNDoyNWJmZDk2Ny1mYmI5LTRkMzItYjM0OC1mZWM1MDczYzFlMTI=.jpg

8 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

We need more Mike Nesbitt’s and less ‘fog horns’ on the unionist’s side .

The first 15 odd minutes of this video for relevance..

"We need more Mike Nesbitt’s and less ‘fog horns’ on the unionist’s side."

Yes BUT there is a problem....Many Nth Ireland Unionists don't seem to like Mike Nesbitt and or the UUP.

Nesbitt (BBC reporter), UUP leader, currently on Stormont Assembly and is one of the more liberal unionists going. For example he and current leader the only ones never to have joined the Orange Order. Unlike DUP UUP was part of peace process. Now he even and some in UUP supports same sex marriage etc.

UUP has been unrepresented in Westminster since losing its two seats in 2017 GE.  2019 GE 11.7% of the NI vote no seats and fifth behind the DUP, Sinn Féin, Alliance, and the SDLP. Currently holds 10 seats in Stormont and one seat on the Executive (Health). From the largest party when GFA signed in 1998, the GFA signaled their death and many unionists (like Foster ex UUP) moved to the harder line DUP.

Next Stormont Elections May next year or only 15 months off.

So you would think today most exiting DUP would be leaking to UUP by polling?

It isn't, it is bypassing UUP and going to Alliance and currently they are just shy of toppling the DUP.

My theory.....(many forget schooling is still segregated in NI along religious lines) as people see it.

Alliance are not aligned and seen as the Lib Dem in NI. Any border poll will not be rushed with sectarian/political cooperation achieved largely before border poll date, with a more stable result after.

UUP are aligned and seen as the Tory Party in NI. Any border poll will be accepted but frustrated with sectarian/political cooperation forced after poll date, creating instability.....AKA Brexit. 

They are all on the table now scrambling around with next Mays election in mind. DUP is already gone. UUP need to get cracking otherwise #1 and #2, No unionist representation.  

Stormont 2.jpg

@mad mate if you wondering where Capt Tom thread went to???

The OP who was down voting you blew it up.

I did a reply to you with with Nurses Union Vid begging for pay rise and people to sign petition. That did it, he pushed the button.

It was that OR when he said; "where I come from politics aren't discussed a funerals"

I said "well where he came from wasn't from here and he certainly wouldn't have liked this funeral here"

Some people. :rolleyes:

PS normally sensible guy, but German and not pro Merkle? 

On 2/6/2021 at 9:22 PM, Black Sox said:

And I had to let it play to realize that they’re all speaking Irish. Makes me proud.

That was cool wasn't it.

The Republic certainly has both structural and bread and butter issues, but many long time inherited and those responsible the incumbents. 

However something like that from the new generation is uplifting.

10 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

@mad mate if you wondering where Capt Tom thread went to???

The OP who was down voting you blew it up.

I did a reply to you with with Nurses Union Vid begging for pay rise and people to sign petition. That did it, he pushed the button.

It was that OR when he said; "where I come from politics aren't discussed a funerals"

I said "well where he came from wasn't from here and he certainly wouldn't have liked this funeral here"

Some people. :rolleyes:

PS normally sensible guy, but German and not pro Merkle? 

I can't even remember who started the thread, and I wasn't aware of the downvotes either. Who was the delicate little snowflake?

None of the usual suspects out today doing Johnson's bidding gaslighting businesses by pretending things are “going so smoothly” in the face of significant evidence to the contrary....or just simply saying hauliers are bullshitting.

This is a funny thread into day 2....and good UK/EEC history lesson.

This Brexiteer guy Matthew (who reminds me of Wayne) won't let his whackjob idea go how Ted Heath in the early 1960's should have been charged for treason because he secretly witheld info, that by joining the EEC the UK would lose its sovereignty. :lol:

On 2/6/2021 at 10:45 AM, Waynemarlow said:

us Brits are nimble and adept

You get my back up many times but little gems like these make me smile.  

If being a dick on an internet forum doesn't do it anymore try stand-up.  You're good at it :lol:

Update.

1. Can't find anything at all from Brexit yet that regains any sovereingty...in fact looks as though some has leaked out into the Irish Sea.

2. I can't find anything at all from Brexit yet that indicates the European project is over and the Euro is about to go into freefall. 

Will have another look next Sunday.

You never know. 

16 minutes ago, Laser1 said:
On 2/6/2021 at 10:45 AM, Waynemarlow said:

us Brits are nimble and adept

You get my back up many times but little gems like these make me smile.  

If being a dick on an internet forum doesn't do it anymore try stand-up.  You're good at it :lol:

He's an immigrant anyway.:lol::lol:

11 minutes ago, mad said:

He's an immigrant anyway.:lol::lol:

I thought you Remainers were all for mass immigration to keep up the cheap Labour pool to keep you in the manner you are accustomed ?

1 hour ago, Waynemarlow said:

Ah but where was Captain Tom infected ?

Where was Cpt Tom infected?  .....my guess Little England in the company of Johnson & Co ...while being dragged around the country side being used to gaslight the Tories amazing support of the NHS back to when Tom was in his 80's.

52 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Where was Cpt Tom infected?  .....my guess Little England in the company of Johnson & Co ...

Not so, 10 days after entering hospital with Pneumonia he was diagnosed as Covid positive, one of the great questions you seem to not ask, why do some 450 nosocomial covid-19 infections a day seem to be happening in your pin up NHS ?

https://www.hsj.co.uk/coronavirus/over-450-people-a-day-caught-covid-in-hospitals-during-january/7029404.article

Now one doesn't need too much reasoning to deduce that these people were ill and vunerable and high up the mortality stakes. Is it Johnson's fault as you seem to think, is it little Englands, nope simply our NHS.

1 hour ago, Waynemarlow said:

....why do some 450 nosocomial covid-19 infections a day seem to be happening in your pin up NHS ?

https://www.hsj.co.uk/coronavirus/over-450-people-a-day-caught-covid-in-hospitals-during-january/7029404.article

Now one doesn't need too much reasoning to deduce that these people were ill and vunerable and high up the mortality stakes. Is it Johnson's fault as you seem to think, is it little Englands, nope simply our NHS.

Why infections in hospitals high you ask?

Read what you cite....

"acute hospitals experienced during the height of the third wave in early January, with the sheer weight of patients being admitted making infection prevention and control very difficult."

You deduce wrong about patient stats.

You go look up occupancy by age in NHS acute care in this period since December for Wales & England.

You post that disgusting shit when over 850 UK healthcare workers have died between March and December 2020, 52K off sick and over 110K of your fellow Brits are dead with the highest mortality rate in the world.

Why do you do that??

To deflect the blame away from a conservative Govt and make that mortality the NHS's fault. 

You are a despicable cunt.

• Like 1

Never mentioned age stats Jack, you’ve either got an age phobia being of a certain age yourself or you blindly assumed I meant old age, probably the latter. Or did you just go down that route to big up your statement to your sycophants even though it is totally untrue. I guess that’s your normal standard, untruths rule because you are only tap tapping away on a computer.

Totally agree that the Conservative Government have got some things wrong, but PHE and the NHS is in charge of health,  the scientists job is to promote zero cases as the optimum, the government is there to get some balance between those conflicting goals together with keeping some resemblance of an economy and keeping the health, both mentally and physically of the entire country in the times of a crisis,  COVID is not the only illness affecting the population. 

We may not agree but whatever government had been in at this time would have made errors. It’s only people like yourself using purely hindsight would disagree and proportion blame.

Rachman, the chief foreign affairs commentator for the Financial Times shares his view ;
The inability to trade freely within your own country (ie between Britain and N.Ireland) is a far more humiliating and stark loss of sovereignty than anything the UK experienced as a member of the EU. Ironically, it is a consequence of Brexit - or of the Brexit deal Johnson chose.

1 hour ago, LeoV said:

Rachman, the chief foreign affairs commentator for the Financial Times shares his view ;
The inability to trade freely within your own country (ie between Britain and N.Ireland) is a far more humiliating and stark loss of sovereignty than anything the UK experienced as a member of the EU. Ironically, it is a consequence of Brexit - or of the Brexit deal Johnson chose.

The Bar has been set by Ursula, at the first call she tore up 4 years of feigning that the NI border had to be resolved before proceeding by putting a border in the Irish Sea. May bought it and agreed it.

Boris can now say the the EU accepts a hard border between NI and Eire, up goes the fingers and let’s move the border to its rightful place ( for the moment ) and let the EU build it as we certainly won’t.

The Rocketman speaks out (again), in the Guardian:

"Elton John has said that the UK’s Brexit negotiators “screwed up” a deal for British musicians and the broader music industry, and is calling for the government to re-enter negotiations."

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2021/feb/07/elton-john-brexit-negotiators-screwed-up-deal-for-british-musicians

On 2/2/2021 at 6:39 PM, Waynemarlow said:

Now there’s that narrow blinkered I’m right, you are wrong again distortion of real life v  the internet world. Sure Leavers delayed Brexit because the Deal proposed by May was considered by the country as being BRINO and would not give the country the deal that they had voted for in the referendum.

Many MP’s from both sides stood against that deal for very good reason. Now I used the words Country, yes at the first opportunity the electorate kicked out the Parliament that had tried to pull a fast one over the electorate and elected a pro Brexit parliament which would honour the referendum.

Boris has a whacking huge majority and the rest is history. Apparently in Jacks internet world it all ended differently.

So remain lost the ref by a large margin of 48%, then came a GE as kind of 2nd ref and Brexshitters won with a large margin of 43%. Interesting mathematical and logical skills. 

10 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Never mentioned age stats Jack, 

Liar

Plus now say old people of 100 years old like Cpt Tom are not high up the mortality stakes.

12 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Now one doesn't need too much reasoning to deduce that these people were ill and vunerable and high up the mortality stakes.

And 

10 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Totally agree that the Conservative Government have got some things wrong, but PHE and the NHS is in charge of health,  the scientists job is to promote zero cases as the optimum, the government is there to get some balance between those conflicting goals together with keeping some resemblance of an economy and keeping the health, both mentally and physically of the entire country in the times of a crisis,  COVID is not the only illness affecting the population. 

So UK get more deaths than anywhere else in the world by capita, top 5 gross AND have the worst Convid economic impact of any OECD country

And you blame the NHS.

Cunts like you should be strung up by the nuts.

6 hours ago, jgh66 said:
On 2/3/2021 at 3:39 AM, Waynemarlow said:

Now there’s that narrow blinkered I’m right, you are wrong again distortion of real life v  the internet world. ....

...Boris has a whacking huge majority and the rest is history. Apparently in Jacks internet world it all ended differently.

So remain lost the ref by a large margin of 48%, then came a GE as kind of 2nd ref and Brexshitters won with a large margin of 43%. Interesting mathematical and logical skills

......and add to that, this even more startling logic that with all that Wayne claims, what exactly has been delivered by a small minority of the total population, and how has it ENDED, except for death, misery and economic destruction??

No one can find even these two things?

16 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Update.

1. Can't find anything at all from Brexit yet that regains any sovereingty...in fact looks as though some has leaked out into the Irish Sea.

2. I can't find anything at all from Brexit yet that indicates the European project is over and the Euro is about to go into freefall. 

Will have another look next Sunday.

You never know.

BTW. If Wayne ISN'T in the internet world, what world is he IN??

One with a library and its own wifi networked into the 2021 internet world?

Drowning and doesn't even know it.

What a shame.

12 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Boris can now say the the EU accepts a hard border between NI and Eire, up goes the fingers and let’s move the border to its rightful place ( for the moment ) and let the EU build it as we certainly won’t.

The EU has not erected a border, Brexshitters  did. So a border has to be somewhere. If the UK does not agree to a border in the Irish sea anymore the border will automatically move to Ireland. Which will lead to responses from all around the globe. 

14 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

both mentally and physically of the entire country in the times of a crisis,  COVID is not the only illness affecting the population.

Agree that there is a relation between brexshit and mental illness.... 

Just got an invoice from DHL for VAT + Import Duty for my temporary import under warranty of my UK manufacture boat CV-coupling ex. Lanzarote last week.

The thing is fixed in the mean time and I'll be sending that back later in the week.

I don't get it.  I though UK had a TA with the EU that would result in 0 import duty payments.

I do not think it is VAT liable either due to temporary import but I'll have to look that up.

13 minutes ago, Laser1 said:

Just got an invoice from DHL for VAT + Import Duty for my temporary import under warranty of my UK manufacture boat CV-coupling ex. Lanzarote last week.

The thing is fixed in the mean time and I'll be sending that back later in the week.

I don't get it.  I though UK had a TA with the EU that would result in 0 import duty payments.

I do not think it is VAT liable either due to temporary import but I'll have to look that up.

If you can prove the re-export of the part by a UK customs declaration certifying the import of the part in the UK, then you are most probably entitled to request a refund for the VAT paid. Of course formally importing it into the UK makes you liable for payment of UK VAT...

2 hours ago, jgh66 said:

The EU has not erected a border, Brexshitters  did. So a border has to be somewhere. If the UK does not agree to a border in the Irish sea anymore the border will automatically move to Ireland. Which will lead to responses from all around the globe. 

Too late, Ursula already has erected a border on the mainland of Eire. The moment she pushed A16 through and implemented a vaccine border, the EU showed its true colours, that of the negotiations around the Irish protocol were shown to be a sham. Both Ireland and NI were just pawns, used in the Brexit negotiations by the EU.

Too late, Boris the clown already has erected a border in the Irish Sea. The moment he pushed Brexit through and implemented a trade border, the UK showed its true colours, that of the negotiations around the Irish protocol were shown to be a sham. Both Ireland and NI were just ignored in the Brexit negotiations by the UK.

1 hour ago, LeoV said:

Too late, Boris the clown already has erected a border in the Irish Sea. The moment he pushed Brexit through and implemented a trade border, the UK showed its true colours, that of the negotiations around the Irish protocol were shown to be a sham. Both Ireland and NI were just ignored in the Brexit negotiations by the UK.

So what you and I are saying is that NI and Ireland doesn't mean a lot to either the EU or the UK. With any luck the NI will have a referendum and vote to become part of Ireland, would make a lot of sense on a lot of levels. We then only have to contend with all the freight crossing into the UK on its way to the EU.

Ah well Jacks going to spend the next week telling us about his personnel close attachment to the Irish, probably his one visit 30 years ago producing all those epic insights.

Nope Patel said to starve the Irish... such a nice lot.

Meanwhile a daily 1 billion Euro market left London for Amsterdam, another one. Slice by slice undoing UK EU trade. Out of SM sucks, start your own in the Pacific, without NI..

British export to the EU has dropped by 68% in january, just saw a british export agent on telly mention "what did we gain, why do we do this to ourselves" , I'm supposing export figs from EU to UK will also show a significant drop, so the real question is "why did we do this to all ? " ... now cue Wayne with the usual nonsense that it's all due to corona and Ursula, 48/52 and whatever other squirrel. This is a lose/lose game, has been from day one, but who will lose most ? facepalm supreme

55 minutes ago, Albatros said:

"what did we gain, why do we do this to ourselves" 

I'm afraid that the guy is pissing into the wind ..... no pun intended.

At work I was explaining my woes with my imports from the EU to an interested (UK) colleague while another pitched in that the EU will be screaming for the UK's fish in a few years.

In no uncertain terms I told him that the EU does not need the UK's fish, and/or can/will source it elsewhere and that there will be no UK fishing industry worth mentioning (and lots of others) in a few years time.  

The 52% doesn't want to know & doesn't need to know.  Why would they?  I must admit that life is carrying on pretty much unchanged from 01-01-21 and all the difficulties in daily life are all due to Covid allegedly, not brexshit.  Let's face it, local and national politicians and chambers of commerce are still promising sunlit uplands so the morons lap it up.

Unless the economy nosedives attributed to brexshit and 1/2 of the 52% lose their jobs and have to live off 60 quid a week & politicians cocks are put on the block, a minority of affected people in the know will still be ....... 'pissing in the wind'

plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

6 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

The moment she pushed A16 through and implemented a vaccine border, the EU showed its true colours, that of the negotiations around the Irish protocol were shown to be a sham.

Implemented. Name one banned vaccine shipment and the EU (or one EU27) order which preceeded it

More Wayne bullshit.

Both Ireland and NI were just pawns, used in the Brexit negotiations by the EU.

If RoI and NI are pawns that means both the UK and EU agree on the outcome on where Irish customs border ended up and RoI and NI don't.

They all agreed so thatore bullshit too.

Too late, Ursula already has erected a border on the mainland of Eire.

The mainland border between the RoI and NI was erected a 100 years ago by the British and is still there today.

The 'customs border' between GB and RoI has been in the Irish Sea for over a year. The WA says all parties agreed to that. The UK was slow to implementing due processes via the IP last year and is in a mess.

So more Wayne bullshit.

At the moment; 

- The PM of the UK says there is no customs border in the Irish Sea.

- Minister Gove is pleading with the EU to have less friction for imports from GB to NI and via NI to the RoI because the customs border is in the Irish Sea.

That is called a 'failed state'.

15 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Implemented. Name one banned vaccine shipment and the EU (or one EU27) order which preceeded it

More Wayne bullshit.

You're quite correct Jack, no vaccines were shipped. But there was one hell of a political story going on to prevent that border issue from happening.

https://www.irishpost.com/news/ireland-may-have-threatened-to-use-batphone-to-biden-to-force-eu-to-backtrack-on-border-plans-202689

55 minutes ago, Laser1 said:

I must admit that life is carrying on pretty much unchanged from 01-01-21 and all the difficulties in daily life are all due to Covid allegedly, not brexshit. 

Really, you have just noticed that 92% of all business's in the UK don't trade with the EU and are just carrying on as normal as can be expected in the middle of yet another lockdown.

Interestingly ordered some parts from a UK supplier who I thought was legit as a UK business, six days after ordering it and the goods turn up with customs stickers on direct from China. Mmmm not sure what to make of that one, how the ferk do they pack it, ship it and the Postie drops it at your door in six days avoiding all the shipping and customs problems you guys are citing ?

1 hour ago, Albatros said:

now cue Wayne with the usual nonsense that it's all due to corona and Ursula, 48/52 and whatever other squirrel. This is a lose/lose game, has been from day one, but who will lose most ? facepalm supreme

1 hour ago, Laser1 said:

The 52% doesn't want to know & doesn't need to knowWhy would they? 

The public at large have yet to be effected by Brexit. They will soon. Polls show the majority think Johnson Govt has handled Brexit well.

There are over 100K dead in the UK. Polls show the public think Johnson Govt did the best it could.

Why do the public ignore reality?

The public are not told reality.

Why aren't the public told reality?

1. An opposition still split between the old and the new and Westminister Covid attendance rules has weakened debate and theatre in the HOC.

2. The Fourth Estate or fourth power being the press and news media in the majority has largely not challenged the Government.  Many outlets are in fact advocates of both Brexit and the Govt with that power offshore and concentrated ie. Murdoch, Barclay Bros etc.

Wayne next idea will be his first, like too many Brits. 

They just sprout what they read in the Telegraph or listening to what their favourite right wing/pro Brexit pundits on the radio/tele say.

Until the Fourth Estate moves as a majority, majority opinions on Brexit are not moving.

2 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:
27 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

More Wayne bullshit.

You're quite correct Jack, no vaccines were shipped. But there was one hell of a political story going on to prevent that border issue from happening

More bullshit.

The only political story was in the UK and the island of Ireland with media seamless north/south. Any in the EU was limited to only those with a well worn Ursula axe.

Why you think this bullshit true?

The Fourth Estate.

3 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Why do the public ignore reality?

The public are not told reality.

Why aren't the public told reality?

1. An opposition still split between the old and the new and Westminister Covid attendance rules has weakened debate and theatre in the HOC.

2. The Fourth Estate or fourth power being the press and news media in the majority has largely not challenged the Government.  Many outlets are in fact advocates of both Brexit and the Govt with that power offshore and concentrated ie. Murdoch, Barclay Bros etc.

Thanks for 172 pages (so far) illustrating the necessity of Brexit. One saving grace is that the UK was able to actually buy vaccine without the blessing of Brussels. 

47 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:
1 hour ago, Laser1 said:

I must admit that life is carrying on pretty much unchanged from 01-01-21 and all the difficulties in daily life are all due to Covid allegedly, not brexshit. 

Really, you have just noticed that 92% of all business's in the UK don't trade with the EU and are just carrying on as normal as can be expected in the middle of yet another lockdown

"92% of all business's in the UK don't trade with the EU"

More bullshit.

1. What is the 100% in £ for EU exports and imports?

2. What is the breakdown of the 92% and the 8% by £ and import export sector?

3. Then what is proportion of the 92% that rely on someone who imports or exports with the EU?

Wayne I bet you don't, can't or won't answer those three questions..

A victim of the Fourth Estate. 

Now a bullshitting zealot.

20 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

Really, you have just noticed that 92% of all business's in the UK don't trade with the EU and are just carrying on as normal as can be expected in the middle of yet another lockdown.

No I have not noticed that.  What I have noticed is that a Brit just says ....'sorry old chap', while the world around him is burning and the supply chain is grinding to a halt.

In any other economy manufacturers, traders & consumers would spit blood and have the jerks that came up with the idea lined up before a firing squad.

This docile acceptance is bollix and you are way out on your numbers pal.

29 minutes ago, LionessRacing said:

One saving grace is that the UK was able to actually buy vaccine without the blessing of Brussels. 

More bullshit.

1. First UK are not in EU's Covid vaccine programme because it refused to pay the increased EU budget contributions for 2020 to cover the EU's collective vaccine down payment.  It's Brexit EU exit payments schedule therefore remains unchanged. 

2. The UK didn't need the blessing of Brussels, if still a member. It could have voted not to join EU vaccine scheme and gone alone. In fact it maybe could have blown up the scheme as a full member??

3. Timing of delivery is up to individual states as to when they make and pay for their order. Germany, France, Italy, and the Netherlands signed their contracts early.

4. The western world's largest vaccine inventor and supplier. Located in the EU.

Michael Gove must be livid that Michael Gove supported a deal that Michael Gove knew was crap even though Michael Gove said it was great & now Michael Gove wants a better deal than the one Michael Gove helped negotiate. Michael Gove must be really fucked off with Michael Gove.

Was BJ not saying the TCA was the best deal ever made... and now vows to fight it.

Idiots, for domestic consumption only.

But their focus on the Oxford was a good one, but needed the most with high infection and death numbers.

Until the Fourth Estate moves as a majority, majority opinions on Brexit are not moving.

Now that could be some years away ( well actually a lot of years ), they after all want to retain their readership.

However they could adopt your favourite newspapers editorial content of the Guardian and watch themselves slowly spaff away their readership, until to survive, in the case of the Guardian, had to go off shore to avoid the tax it would normally pay in the UK.

It then does what you do Jack, pontificate from afar and in a manner that does nothing more than to show just what hypocrites you are.

More on Gove, 2016 article;

Michael Gove is a “fanatic” who would be “dangerous” for the Northern Irish peace process and North-South relations if he won the Conservative Party leadership election, senior figures involved in the design and implementation of the Belfast Agreement have warned.

Mr Gove, a former journalist, wrote a pamphlet in 2000 called Northern Ireland: the Price of Peace in which he compared the agreement to the appeasement of the Nazis in the 1930s and the condoning of the desires of paedophiles.

The Scottish-born Brexit campaigner said the agreement was a “rigged referendum”, a “mortal stain” and “a humiliation of our army, police and parliament”.

Mr Gove’s views are “a fanatical unionist protest against the agreement”, said Brendan O’Leary, professor of political science at the University of Pennsylvania and an adviser to the UK Labour Party and the Irish government in the years running up to the signing of the agreement in 1998.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/uk/michael-gove-a-fanatic-who-would-damage-peace-process-1.2710224

Such a nice fellow.

15 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

However they could adopt your favourite newspapers editorial content of the Guardian and watch themselves slowly spaff away their readership, until to survive, in the case of the Guardian, had to go off shore to avoid the tax it would normally pay in the UK.

It then does what you do Jack, pontificate from afar and in a manner that does nothing more than to show just what hypocrites you are

The Guardian no idea of its tax obligations and my guess neither do you, but it is also international with local content, the Telegraph isn't.

Right on the money...."A victim of the Fourth Estate...Now a bullshitting zealot."

17 minutes ago, LeoV said:

Mr Gove, a former journalist, wrote a pamphlet in 2000 called Northern Ireland: the Price of Peace in which he compared the agreement to the appeasement of the Nazis in the 1930s and the condoning of the desires of paedophiles

I'm having a Déjà vu moment. :D

Leo more than a bloody pamphlet. 

Friday Post #17079 - 'Northern Ireland the Price of Peace' 58 Pages of bile

18 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

the Telegraph isn't.

Unlike you Jack, I read material from both sides of the argument. You could mention the Times which I also read, thats a bit "international" afterall.

32 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:
54 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

the Telegraph isn't.

Unlike you Jack, I read material from both sides of the argument. You could mention the Times which I also read, thats a bit "international" afterall

Wayne if you read BOTH sides of the argument why DON'T you mention that OTHER side here? :lol:

Wayne if you read BOTH sides of the argument why do you ALWAYS snip from posts the bits you don't like?

Wayne if you do read, why DON'T you cite, other than once in a blue moon?

Wayne 'The Times' may have international stories but it doesn't have global local content/offices unlike the Guardian

The Guardian no idea of its tax obligations and my guess neither do you, but it is also international with local content, the Telegraph isn't.

Right on the money...."A victim of the Fourth Estate...Now a bullshitting zealot."

.....and Wayne by way of yet ANOTHER example of your "sniping' and "one eyed' reading form the SAME post.

28 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

The Guardian no idea of its tax obligations and my guess neither do you

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/will-the-guardian-now-investigate-its-own-tax-arrangements-

Wayne you had NO idea of the Guardians tax obligations as I said, you inferring they were tax cheats, so you just now looked it up, BUT NOT in a professional publication......but.in the 'Spectator' one of the more right wing publications you could find to comment on a left wing competitor. :lol:

.....and Wayne you NEVER answer Questions...you just drop your bullshit and run.

2 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Wayne you are a vicious and nasty zealot who has no difficulty blaming the UK's Covid and economic woes upon the NHS, not the Government.

Wayne you are scum.

13 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Wayne you are a vicious and nasty zealot who has no difficulty blaming the UK's Covid and economic woes upon the NHS, not the Government.

Wayne you are scum.

I sense a wee " anger " moment coming on from Jack, lets wait for the peurile adolescent personal attack, oh we've already got it.;)

6 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

I sense a wee " anger " moment

Anger would be after you going to your local hospital and telling them you believe the NHS is to blame for 110K dead.

I'm happy with "scum". 

PS. Good to see you snipped everything before "scum".