Just now, jack_sparrow said:

"No one put a gun at their heads and made them go overseas  LB 15  8 February 2021

962409787_LBIstillcallaustraliahome.jpg.ed1719d5652dce5056021d23bebbbbd8.jpg

"If all these people 'stranded' overseas love Australia so much, they can prove it by not risking the lives of all their countrymen AND STAY THE FUCK AWAY."  (his emphasis)  LB 15;     8 February 2021

Dead right - I could not agree with myself more. Silly cunts should have listened to DFAT's advise in March.

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack_sparrow

• LeoV

• Waynemarlow

• mad

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No way I'm going to PA. This was a top thread, now it's fucked. Thank you fucking idiots.

I was thinking for the last few days that  as a pro union lifelong Alliance voter I should respond to this post but turning on the radio this morning and hearing Mike Nesbitt made me decide to act.

Umm, that would be you.  1) You are fool (as is both evident and self-confessed) who thinks that brexit is a good idea.  2) You post nonsense that only reinforces this and believe that you a

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, LB 15 said:
23 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

17 March DFAT advise to TOURISTS to return.

Well well well, Jack has dropped his claim about the DFAT advise telling Australians to stay put

TOURISTS 

25 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

1 - 28 March 30,000 people per day day entered Australia largely TOURISTS LIKE YOU and your family who got on a flight because others could "stay put" under conditions as advised by DFAT.

6 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Dead right - I could not agree with myself more. Silly cunts should have listened to DFAT's advise in March

31 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

1 - 28 March 30,000 people per day day entered Australia largely TOURISTS LIKE YOU and your family who got on a flight because others could "stay put" under conditions as advised by DFAT.

3 February - 4 DAYS after WHO announce a global emergency you go on a 4 WEEK HOLIDAY to Europe.

Your hypocrisy and malice towards fellow citizens is exposed.

Suck it up.

Just now, jack_sparrow said:

TOURISTS 

You may recall it was me who posted the 17th March DFAT advise. (you know the one that proved you had made the other shit up?) and no were does it mention 'Tourists' (not even in caps like you did.)

Why do you have to lie about everything mate? Just admit you have been caught out bullshiting and move on. Or just keep digging your hole. The later is more entertaining...

Since this thread makes a cameo in my short film about Jack, I thought you all might like to see it.

Enjoy...

BBC News Channel - The Film Review

Tonight we premier a short film by the brilliant young Australian Director - Lima Bravo the fifteenth. This tale takes us into the dark world of internet obsession, where the line starts to blur between peoples on-line persona and their real lives.

This disturbing short film depicts a terrifying nightmare that the central character has as he battles his imagined internet demons. Jack Sparrow (his online name) has become so totally obsessed with arguing online that he has abandoned his other life completely and has become 'Jack' - an abrasive know all that spends 23 hours a day arguing with people online, about subjects he knows nothing about.

After a 36 hour marathon behind the keyboard, Jack collapses on his sweat stained bare mattress in his tiny basement, surrounded by empty redbull cans, Uber eats packets, punched out computer screens and his collection of teddy bears and stuffed toys.

In his exhausted state he starts to dream that his stuffed toys have turned into his on-line Sock Puppets and are staging an intervention over his obsessive internet shitfighting. The setting for this nightmare during one of mankind's greatest conflicts, is a metaphor for how Jack sees himself at war with the world. So harrowing is this film that it can't be uploaded to Youtube so to view just click on the link below.

So sit back and prepare yourself for...

The Sparrows Nightmare

If the subjects in this film has caused you or anyone you know any distress, assistance is available on the Help line-

1800 INTERNET RETARD

Or by email at - help@step_away_from_the_keyboard_you_fuckwit. com 

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, LB 15 said:
26 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

TOURISTS 

You may recall it was me who posted the 17th March DFAT advise

It was DFAT who posted it NOT YOU, I referred and dealt with that notice on 11 December, and it was DFAT communicating with overseas residents in March last year not you as you got back safely when others didn't.

You are trying to cover up being a fucking grub.

53 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Up to one million Australians living overseas, have homes, leases, businesses, pets, kids in school and the like. It was NOT possible to leave their jobs and homes and flee to Australia at ONE WEEKS NOTICE.

By mid March it was NOT POSSIBLE  to leave many parts of Europe or Asia during lockdowns and with border closures and mass flight cancellations.

DFAT advised overseas residents if they could to stay put to do so.

This was to allow Tourists like YOU to RETURN home. 

TIMELINE BACKWARDS 

From 29 March - 700 people per day can enter Australia down from 30,000 per day.

26 March - DFAT "Staying Where You Are" disclose for the FIRST TIME there IS A PROBLEM returning, 7 DAYS after saying there is NO problem. 

19 March DFAT (its SmartTraveller advisory) advise overseas residents NO PROBLEM returning following PM announcement on border closure commencing 20 March.

17 March DFAT advise to TOURISTS to return.

3 February - 4 DAYS after WHO announce a global emergency you go on a 4 WEEK HOLIDAY to Europe.

21 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Tonight we premier a short film

The prelude is a comedy.

20 hours ago, LB 15 said:

You pompously tried to lecture a person who has been an Marine radio examiner for 25 years about how much more you knew about DSC than me....

IMG_20210306_213308.jpg.324fda6e6205e26618786dec57957f00.jpgIMG_20210306_213659.jpg.91adb50ab22955b7038f4aadcbc96116.jpg

8 hours ago, LeoV said:

I wonder what the EU reaction will be. Some say play the long game, others say the long game can be up to 20 years and that is to long not to act.

Did someone get around to tighten the thumb screws on the channel islands banks yet?
Rather hard for the UK to veto that from the inside now.

Whyanes democracy gets better every day.

So an un-elected bureaucrat is allowed to throw childish taunts at the country's largest trading partner who have yet to sign off on the deal he negotiated.

Sounds promising.

Ev1bmOXXAAETS_p.jpeg

IMG_20210307_162450.jpg

On 2/20/2021 at 10:21 PM, Waynemarlow said:

Shame about all the affected EU citizens who will have lost their export market to the UK, which probably will never return for a couple of decades and all for what, not agreeing a FTA on equal terms in 2017.

ROTFL, hope you at least can sell that joke in the UK. And good luck with eating all that healthy fish the UK fishermen now can catch more but have no place to export to because surprise, surprise the bureaucracy with a border is higher than without (especially if one side remains the right to create it's own specifications for products).

Sunday Telegraph: Tunnel to link Britain and Ireland edges closer with new study recommended

Polititicise major construction projects in a wave of nationalism after economic upheaval.

1920/30's Draining Pontine Marshes or Bonifica Integrale in Italy and Reichsautobahn in Germany.

They were useful....Boris's Burrow??

Meanwhile Rosslare to Dunkirk direct ferry run now every day and new ferry arrives next month.

4 hours ago, Chasm said:

Did someone get around to tighten the thumb screws on the channel islands banks yet?

Not yet but the EU is preparing the grounds;

Black listed countries with a lot of restrictions for the banks does not include UK overseas territories at the moment.
But in January the EU parliament voted in favour of changing the regulations of what constitutes a "blacklisted" country. The vote proposed to extend blacklist criteria to include jurisdictions with a zero percent tax rate. A total of 17 new countries could be blacklisted by this, which includes Cayman, Guernsey, Jersey and the Isle of Man.

And new corporate tax laws coming that will lead to more transparency in tax evasion from multinationals;
https://www.euractiv.com/section/eu-council-presidency/news/talks-on-eu-corporate-tax-transparency-law-to-start-very-soon/
In its position adopted four years ago, the EU House said multinationals’ information should be presented separately and for each tax jurisdiction outside the EU. These large companies should make their annual financial report public and free of charge.

The ONS debunk Gove and back the Road Hauliers Assoc over dispute with Govt over Brexit trade flows being Down and pointing out the simple truth.

1) not teething troubles

2) trade flows improving but not normal

3) significant empty lorries heading to EU means export problem.

The truth twisters caught out again.

Ev3XTYNWQAA5O1M.jpeg

28 minutes ago, LeoV said:
5 hours ago, Chasm said:

Not yet but the EU is preparing the grounds;

Speaking offshore tax.

Buried in the budget is removal of a 20 year old rule of not being able to vote if absent for more than 15 years.

Thats is a lot celebrity types.

There is barely anything here written by Frost of a trade nature that is true. Has zero regard for the truth.

His job is to create mayhem by in effect carving Ireland out from the EU in a border sense and blowing up the GFA. NI politics work best when they are boring as shit.

This is sort of IREXIT in name only. 

Ev3SJkAWQAIKKub.jpeg

Junkie Jack on Brexit Crack again, boo hiss let’s make up a conspiracy that Frosts only ambition in life is now IREXIT. All from his one reading of a Sunday paper filler that doesn’t mention it at all.

You have got to feel sorry how far Junkie Jack has gone down the tubes of late. 

4 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Junkie Jack on Brexit Crack again, boo hiss let’s make up a conspiracy that Frosts only ambition in life is now IREXIT. All from his one reading of a Sunday paper filler that doesn’t mention it at all.

"Frosts only ambition in life is now IREXIT."

Try reading.

"is sort of IREXIT in name only."

"All from his one reading.. that doesn’t mention it at all.

Typical comment from someone not widely read, can only see what is in front of them and are devoid of a substantiated opinion. 

My opinion is guided (apart from the bleeding obvious with Frost taking on Johnny Foreigner*) that Ireland is now the Brexit viewpoint. That is because the north east corner of that island is unfortunately going to become hotly contested political ground. (The local one is also cause for real concern re the peace process.)

Why end up in NI?

Because; "Brexit will never be done. Because it can never be done" quoting Hayes.

Not when any agreement with the EU is a start to countless never ending agreements. Not for as long as the UK sits 50km off the European mainland and does 50% of its business with Europe.

Now many Brexiteers wish the UK to be in the middle of the Pacific, as far away from Europe as possible, but that is not going to happen.

So Whyane get used to it. Brexit can never be done.

________

* Good 'Johnny Foreigner' article.

Brexit is a machine to generate perpetual grievance. It's doing its job perfectly 

"The story of plucky Britain standing up to bullying Brussels spares leavers the discomfort of admitting they voted for a con".

• Like 1

^^^^^^

Northern Ireland: Past, Present, Future

Part of a state of the Union Podcast with historians Richard Bourke and Niamh Gallagher talking about the history of Northern Ireland's relationship to the rest of the UK.

Right from Anglo-Irish union being a response to the 1798 rebellion with pacification through incorporation right through to today and the GFA.

"The GFA has left the categories of nationalists vs. unionists intact." 

The talk of Unionism in the North becoming a new phenomenon focused on its own domestic welfare and constituency. 

Plus the worst nightmare of Unionism  coming true. When the Troubles started, a third of the population was Catholic, this summer, no longer a culturally Protestant majority and Brexit has revived reunification. BUT reunification could take many different forms.

Good listen.

He likes clapping... except you can't pay the rent with clapping.

In context of where the fuck has £37 BILLION gone on Contact Trace and Test when the Contact and Trace bit never happened???? ....

....then there is the 250K spent on redecorating the flat to keep the new missus happy.

As noted by someone.

This could go 1 of 2 ways - 

(1) This could be the hill the Tories perish on as they underestimate the affection the NHS is held in.
(2) The MSM makes the NHS the villains of the piece if they strike and they have deliberately done this to weaken the NHS ready for privatisation.

His staffing comments are horseshit. Many back from retirement just for Covid. Less beds than last year, more staff has gone to keep ICU afloat with large patient/staff ratio.

One thing is for sure, health care workers are going to either leave the UK or go work at Aldi.

28 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

One thing is for sure, health care workers are going to either leave the UK or go work at Aldi.

A laugh a minute

Average wage of a nurse in the UK circa £ 34k + some of the best pensions and holiday entitlements with banding taking you to the region of £ 45K pretty quickly

Circa 675K nurses in the UK all with guarenteed jobs and future employment with regular wage reviews, untouchable as far as the media goes, their wages can only go up. 

Average wage Aldi circa 20K all on short term work contracts, no pensions, no entitlements.

3.2 million self employed, average wage 27K, no holiday payments, no job security, £0 benefits in the times of crisis as the chancellor hates you, no pension.

Can't see nurses swapping for being self employed, nor Aldi anytime soon.

Frost is about Frost and his mates' interests.

Boris is about Boris and his mates' interests.

Priti Pathetic is about being a schoolyard bully.

Rishi wants to be liked.

Liz is delusional.

Gove is lost.

Farage is out to grass.

Rees-Fog should be stuffed and mounted in a museum of ancient artifacts.

Hancock needs help.

Whyne needs to take language, history, geography, maths, English, science lessons .... probably sailing as well.

But, don't worry, it is all because the EU needs to get over the UK leaving.

All good then.

• Like 6

For once I have just seen a Whyne post about nurses pay. Latched on to the first link in a google search. Fuckwit.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cms said:

For once I have just seen a Whyne post about nurses pay. Latched on to the first link in a google search. Fuckwit.

Sure checked on the U.K. nurses website as the 3 nurses I personally know are on higher than average wages. One them is pushing junior doctor levels, but to be fair she has been working the wards for 30 years.

Heres an interesting one for you. A recently retired GP friend volunteered to be on the front line giving vaccinations. She gets about £12.50 an hour to cover her costs despite wanting to volunteer. Another friend was made redundant and out of work, had limited first aid training only experience , did a “needle” training course and gets £18.00 an hour via a recruitment agency. I also have another friend who was an active senior nurse who has given injections throughout her career and was told she wasn’t needed despite saying she would do it for nothing. 

The NHS for all its glamour and media supporters, sure has a lot of short comings typical of a large organisation with no competition in its services.

3 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:
4 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

A laugh a minute

Average wage of a nurse in the UK circa £ 34k + some of the best pensions and holiday entitlements with banding taking you to the region of £ 45K pretty quickly..

2 hours ago, cms said:

1 hour ago, Waynemarlow said:

Sure checked on the U.K. nurses website as the 3 nurses I personally know are on higher than average wages. 

"Fuckwit"

And a fuckwit that only ever tells part the story and bullshits..

"Average wage of a nurse in the UK circa  £34k +.... £ 45K pretty quickly....3 nurses I personally know are on higher than average wages."

- Starting salary - £23,000 per year.

- 20 years experience - Up to £34,000. 

- More than 20 years experience - might earn more.

Then nurses don't last for ever and need replacing.

Replacement

- Cost of living - £13,000 per year average.

- ERASMUS - Gone.

- Secure Qualifications - UK resident start £9,250 per year. International rising to £38,000 per year.

PLUS

Tier 4 Student Visa Costs.

Healthcare surcharge (IHS) Cost.

2021 UK study.com  

Replacement by Qualified.

- EU Qualifications Recognised - NO

Post Brexit drop in the number of new nurses coming from the EU to work in the UK - NOT STARTED TO BE CORRECTED FROM OUTSIDE UNTIL 2020/COVID -TOO LATE.

Another Govt Covid mistake. Less beds in 2020 than 2019.

20180726-CHART-New-EU-and-international-nurse-registrants-v2_2.png

1 hour ago, Waynemarlow said:

............. the 3 nurses I personally know ..................

Shit Whine, you sure do 'personally' know a shitload of people.  Captains of industry, Airline pilots, Doctors, Nurses, Builders, Customs operatives, Importers, Exporters, yer mates at the pub who know it and seen it all,  prolly forgot policemen, ambulance drivers and politicians ....... the list is fookin endless.:wacko:

• Like 2
59 minutes ago, Laser1 said:

Shit Whine, you sure do 'personally' know a shitload of people.  Captains of industry, Airline pilots, Doctors, Nurses, Builders, Customs operatives, Importers, Exporters, yer mates at the pub who know it and seen it all,  prolly forgot policemen, ambulance drivers and politicians ....... the list is fookin endless.:wacko:

Yep can count all those on my phone contacts list as current bar the customs operatives and the guy who ran a private ambulance company ( yes he used to fill in the drivers seat at times ) who sadly died from cancer. 

But so what, do you guys not ever go out or is your whole social interaction limited to writing on a thread in SA ? What a sad bunch you are, get out more, enjoy your life outside of the internet and you may learn there’s a whole world outside of the doom merchants here.

8 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

.But so what, do you guys not ever go out or is your whole social interaction limited to writing on a thread in SA ?

Pretty much.  Last time I looked we were still in lock down,  boat is still on the hard and the pubs are shut.  It is also -5 this morning so a bit nippy on the bike into work.

Living in a parallel universe sounds like fun.

• Like 1

The British have basically lied, insulted and threatened their way through the entire Brexit process.
Now the deal has been done it is still
insulting the other side, reneging on its signature, breaking international law.

And now they think it is unfair to be treated as a 3rd country with no special rights after going for a hard Brexit.
What a way to built a relationship.

And for the big picture why global Britain will fail politically as long as a Trumpian is not in power in the US ;
https://twitter.com/AndrewPRLevi/status/1368568775247806475

27 minutes ago, LeoV said:

And now they think it is unfair to be treated as a 3rd country with no special rights after going for a hard Brexit.
What a way to built a relationship.

It is getting so bizzare now that they can ONLY be either totally clueless and have no plan/strategy, OR if is a plan/strategy, no one on earth can fathom what it can possibly be, other than possibly trying to wallpaper over all the mistakes that have been made to date with even bigger mistakes to hide them.

On 3/4/2021 at 3:59 PM, jack_sparrow said:

Need a new distraction beyond the Irish question.

The Royals and throw in a few asylum seekers are always good fodder.

The Tory Telegraph all over it... with some rewriting of history.

Ev8w1U6WQAQ_Ie9.jpeg

Ev8w1U4WEAAgJ71.jpeg

• Like 1
17 hours ago, cms said:

15 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

The NHS for all its glamour and media supporters, sure has a lot of short comings typical of a large organisation with no competition in its services.

Whyane  didn't Google very deep into current Health Ministers.

Matt Hancock's speech on NHS's future leaves audience comatose

Ev4SwB_WYAAs0N_.jpeg

The EU and the US concluded negotiations on agricultural quotas agreement.
This is an agreement on the adjustment of quotas following the UK's departure from the EU. No news from the UK about similar agreements as yet (some will remember optimistic forecasts of it being completed by the end of 2018...)

https://t.co/I5ndy0Si1u?amp=1 

• Like 1
On 3/4/2021 at 11:00 AM, WGWarburton said:

The company pays it's director(s) a salary (usually monthly) and dividends (quarterly? annually?). The salary part is subject to employers National Insurance contributions of 13.8% but the dividend part is not, so it's quite a significant saving. In addition, the limited company will usually pay expenses like travel costs, hotel bills etc before tax, which is helpful for anyone who is required to change their place of work frequently.

The original rationale behind the introduction of IR35 was to stop people leaving a job on Friday where they were an employee and returning on the following Monday as a contractor in order to avoid tax. Whilst this did happen on a small scale the legislation has encompassed a raft of other freelance workers, many of whom provided specific skills or short term boosts to cover peaks in demand, project work, regional demand etc. The flexible, highly skilled professionals I referred to above.

Cheers,

W.

Bit late back to the party because I've been travelling back from Mozambique. But now I'm safely ensconced in one of Boris's detention centres quarantine hotels for the next 10 days, well I've got way too much free time. 

Above is basically it, its all very well for some people to say that an employer should just be paid a salary, but that doesn't work with the nature of most of the contracting work that at least I do. Contractors are brought in for a specific role or period of time, the client doesn't want someone on the books that most likely won't be required after the job, in return they (usually) pay a great day rate that you wouldn't get as an employee, with the downsides that they can get rid of you if your performance is no good, or simply if job requirements change. 

In specialist roles its win win, of course that hasn't stopped unscrupulous companies trying to force normal employees into 'zero hour' contract roles. 

Most of my projects are either in renewables or maritime, and a limited company is required to take on contract work, I don't know of anyone who is working self employed or as a sole trader, as described above it involves a lot of flights, hotels & other incurred expenses that being ltd makes it child play to write off against tax. 
I haven't looked at the exact figures, but if its a staged increase to 25%, not just a hard cut off, then at least that's more reasonable. 

• Like 2

Andreas Michaelis

@GermanAmbUK

·

7. März

Germany government official

David Frost asks the question whether we Europeans are ready to build a friendly relationship with the UK. Should there be any real doubts? We already enjoy a very friendly relationship. We work on further deepening and adjusting it in the post Brexit context. Should be obvious.

From Politico:

Should the UK authorities breach — or threaten to breach — the Withdrawal Agreement, through the United Kingdom Internal Market Bill... or in any other way, the European Parliament will, under no circumstances, ratify any agreement between the EU and the UK,” Bernd Lange, the chair of the Parliament's trade committee, quoted from a parliament group leaders' statement from September, adding: "Still valid."

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, MiddayGun said:

Bit late back to the party because I've been travelling back from Mozambique. But now I'm safely ensconced in one of Boris's detention centres quarantine hotels for the next 10 days, well I've got way too much free time. 

Stay safe in there. Overseas Q Hotel experience is your risk of infection increases inside even with only around 1% arrivals infected. Treat staff like the plague reduces your risk.

On that happy note.. welcome back.:D

• Like 2
14 hours ago, LeoV said:

The EU and the US concluded negotiations on agricultural quotas agreement....

.....No news from the UK about similar agreements as yet (some will remember optimistic forecasts of it being completed by the end of 2018...)....

EU proactive to the core. Also their quota adjustments with others having not having EU FTA's, but sector agreements are well in hand.

The UK are still in cluster fuck territory while their rural producers are bleeding out.

1 hour ago, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

the queen of england right now

Watched part of the Oprah interview...man are they pissed off...but stopping at the edge.

The UK MSM really need fucking with this more polarising than nearly Brexit.

29 minutes ago, jgh66 said:

..., the European Parliament will, under no circumstances, ratify any agreement between the EU and the UK,”....

Good on them, hold that gun to Frosts head with the safety off.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, MiddayGun said:

back from Mozambique. 

Most of my projects are either in renewables or maritime

Seems to be lot going on down there at the moment.  My ex tugboat outfit towed a large pipeline down there from the middle-east arrived a few weeks ago. Pemba I believe.

"Good Morning Britain presenter Piers Morgan stormed off the set of the UK breakfast show during a heated discussion about Meghan Markle with his colleague, Alex Beresford. On Monday morning, Morgan spoke very critically of Harry and Meghan's revealing interview with Oprah Winfrey"

"Not on my own show"...and off he goes :lol:

Morgan obviously didn't think twice that with Beresford a mixed raced colleague and the subject matter racism in Buckingham Palace, this was not exactly a very bright fucking response.

Spicer is at it again

Seems to me in the UK the older brigade like Morgan think Harry and the missus are twats and the younger crowd back their fellow youngins.

The US incl Biden back Harry and Meghan.

This should keep Brexit off the FP's until Xmas.

Johnson will be over the fucking moon.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Laser1 said:

Seems to be lot going on down there at the moment.  My ex tugboat outfit towed a large pipeline down there from the middle-east arrived a few weeks ago. Pemba I believe.

That's the exact project. Its now been shifted a little further north to Afungi. Are you Holyhead, DMS, MTS?  Off the top of my head that's who were being used to tow the pipeline. 

7 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Stay safe in there. Overseas Q Hotel experience is your risk of infection increases inside even with only around 1% arrivals infected. Treat staff like the plague reduces your risk.

On that happy note.. welcome back.:D

The hotel is actually very good, no complaints. (other than the price of alcohol, I've had a large amazon delivery of rum turn up today so that's covered at least)
However the airport side was a complete mess, other than the fact that I've been sitting next to other passengers on the aircraft in a 4 stop flight that's gone from Pemba > Maputo > JBurg > Paris > London, the woman who took my passport had no mask or gloves on, just a flimsy screen, I saw managers and security people walking past nearby, all no mask. Then we collected our luggage from the belt with all the other passengers & finally had a chance to go into Boots (with the general public) to buy anything we may need. 

None of those things bother me so much on their own other than the fact that If have to waste 10 days of my life in a small room, they should at least take the process seriously, otherwise its a pointless exercise. 

On the bright side I am getting paid to sit in my boxers, drink rum & troll morons on Facebook so its not all bad. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Seems to me in the UK the older brigade like Morgan think Harry and the missus are twats and the younger crowd back their fellow youngins.

The US incl Biden back Harry and Meghan.

This should keep Brexit off the FP's until Xmas.

Johnson will be over the fucking moon.

Definitely my experience, my parents, grandparents are all on the 'poor misused Royal Family's' side, while everyone I know under the age of 35 is if pushed for an answer Harry & Megan but in general, not giving the slightest fuck. 

And Piers Morgan, have people already forgotten that he was at the helm of the News of the World while they were busy hacking the phones of families of murder victims and the like? Shame he couldn't find his moral compass then. He needs to wind his neck in & take his faux outrage somewhere else. 

• Like 3
On 3/6/2021 at 4:10 PM, sosoomii said:

The point is that you have discussed Brexit to death.  It’s happened, move on.  Whether it is a Good Thing or a Bad Thing is irrelevant now.  The whole thing has been divisive and blown out of proportion. Like all change most people are unaffected by it, and there are some winners and some losers. I don’t feel my life has changed much at all because of brexit, but even if it eventually does why dwell on it so much? 
The 5 stages of grief have two possible outcomes.  However they voted, most people have reached Acceptance.  This thread is stuck in Anger. It’s time to move on.

1329DCB0-008C-4BE8-8605-4D340E92D73D.jpeg

But its not over, its only just beginning.

Ending FOM has affected a huge percentage of the population, and the UK isn't even close to seeing the full effects yet.

• Like 3
9 hours ago, MiddayGun said:

Above is basically it, its all very well for some people to say that an employer should just be paid a salary, but that doesn't work with the nature of most of the contracting work that at least I do. Contractors are brought in for a specific role or period of time, the client doesn't want someone on the books that most likely won't be required after the job, in return they (usually) pay a great day rate that you wouldn't get as an employee, with the downsides that they can get rid of you if your performance is no good, or simply if job requirements change. 

In specialist roles its win win, of course that hasn't stopped unscrupulous companies trying to force normal employees into 'zero hour' contract roles. 

Most of my projects are either in renewables or maritime, and a limited company is required to take on contract work, I don't know of anyone who is working self employed or as a sole trader, as described above it involves a lot of flights, hotels & other incurred expenses that being ltd makes it child play to write off against tax. 
I haven't looked at the exact figures, but if its a staged increase to 25%, not just a hard cut off, then at least that's more reasonable. 

You must be one of the few that bothered, most just seem to disappear straight out of the airport and go home.

8 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:
9 hours ago, jgh66 said:

..., the European Parliament will, under no circumstances, ratify any agreement between the EU and the UK,”....

Good on them, hold that gun to Frosts head with the safety off.

Just pull the trigger on the prick now.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MiddayGun said:

That's the exact project. Its now been shifted a little further north to Afungi. Are you Holyhead, DMS, MTS?  Off the top of my head that's who were being used to tow the pipeline. 

The hotel is actually very good, no complaints. (other than the price of alcohol, I've had a large amazon delivery of rum turn up today so that's covered at least)
However the airport side was a complete mess, other than the fact that I've been sitting next to other passengers on the aircraft in a 4 stop flight that's gone from Pemba > Maputo > JBurg > Paris > London, the woman who took my passport had no mask or gloves on, just a flimsy screen, I saw managers and security people walking past nearby, all no mask. Then we collected our luggage from the belt with all the other passengers & finally had a chance to go into Boots (with the general public) to buy anything we may need. 

None of those things bother me so much on their own other than the fact that If have to waste 10 days of my life in a small room, they should at least take the process seriously, otherwise its a pointless exercise. 

On the bright side I am getting paid to sit in my boxers, drink rum & troll morons on Facebook so its not all bad. 

:lol::lol:

Rum delivery by Amazon is genius, how have I missed this?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, mad said:

But its not over, its only just beginning.

Yep;
German govt office confirms that UK exports to Germany have more than halved as German business “extensively decouples” from its UK supply chains. UK exports to Germany - the world 4th largest economy and trade & industry powerhouse - are recorded as dropping by 56%.

Covid as excuse ?
Non, with import and export activity down by just 6% for other EU states by comparison.
Exports to other non-EU countries besides Britain fell by 10.3% and imports by 13.9%.

EwDNwizWYAY6y52?format=png&name=small

------------------
Decoupling is a word I hear more and more over here since 2020.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, MiddayGun said:

Small world.  You have PM.

6 hours ago, MiddayGun said:

And Piers Morgan, have people already forgotten that he was at the helm of the News of the World while they were busy hacking the phones of families of murder victims and the like?

His only redeeming feature is being literally the only voice in UK MSM willing to hold the Govt to account.

On 3/7/2021 at 10:30 PM, jack_sparrow said:

"Fuckwit"

And a fuckwit that only ever tells part the story and bullshits..

"Average wage of a nurse in the UK circa  £34k +.... £ 45K pretty quickly....3 nurses I personally know are on higher than average wages."

- Starting salary - £23,000 per year.

- 20 years experience - Up to £34,000. 

- More than 20 years experience - might earn more.

Then nurses don't last for ever and need replacing.

Replacement

- Cost of living - £13,000 per year average.

- ERASMUS - Gone.

- Secure Qualifications - UK resident start £9,250 per year. International rising to £38,000 per year.

PLUS

Tier 4 Student Visa Costs.

Healthcare surcharge (IHS) Cost.

2021 UK study.com  

Replacement by Qualified.

- EU Qualifications Recognised - NO

Post Brexit drop in the number of new nurses coming from the EU to work in the UK - NOT STARTED TO BE CORRECTED FROM OUTSIDE UNTIL 2020/COVID -TOO LATE.

Another Govt Covid mistake. Less beds in 2020 than 2019.

20180726-CHART-New-EU-and-international-nurse-registrants-v2_2.png

Jack you are wrong on this one The starting salary for a Nurse is £24907,

They then get,

Time plus 30% for night shifts,

Time plus 60% for working weekends,

Time plus 50% for working overtime.

They then get roughly a £1000 a year increase for quite a few years and  on top of that the annual percentage increase added to the entire scheme.

So the Starting take home pay , for a normal working nurse  who's just out of training and barely out of nappies is Over £30,000 in total.. Which is an extremely good wage. More than me a degree holding Electronic Technician- engineer who's just got a couple of years to  retirement..

Oh my job not Important?  If you've flown you've indirectly depended on equipment from our factory, if you've used GPS you've indirectly depended on equipment from our factory , if  you've been in hospital and hooked up to all those flashing lights beeping machines, you've Indirectly  depended on equipment from our factory.. 

And practically nothing leaves this factory, unless it's been calibrated on something I've calibrated..

• Like 1

Oh and as for the detestable weasel, that is Piers Morgan, sadly he's going for being right.. rather than going for being wrong which he normally is..

As the palace put it, on M+ H interview " recollections may vary" diplomatic speak for you're lying through your teeth.. 

Note, I didn't see the whole interview but only clips and reports.

Race.. Megan claimed  she'd heard it from Harry that it was during her pregnancy  that comments were made, Harry said it was before they were married, so she knew before hand, and I also suspect it was a stupid insensitive "jokey" comment rather than a serious inquiry.

Harry claimed they were financially cut off....   He didn't say his Dad have given him several million, when his pay as a working royal stopped. 

Megan said she had her keys taken from her...  What keys? she had no property to lock up , she lived in armed guarded building, Exterior keys would be kept in the guard rooms , interior rooms have their own internal locks with keys / locks on the inside. Vehicles come from the Royal garages, where they are maintained, looked after and the keys are kept.

Megan said she had her USA driving licence taken from her.. Yeah like every other USA citizen who becomes a UK citizen intending to live in the UK, you have to swap your USA licence for a UK one which is valid for visiting in the USA.

Megan said she couldn't get mental health support... Harry and his brother have been running campaigns on Mental health, They have said they needed and got support , if Harry  can't get support for her then no one can..

Megan complained Archie got no Royal titles... Well that's because he's not entitled before or after the split.. Beyond grand parents they are not entitled to titles, So Andrews kids got titles but their kids won't.

Princess Anne's, Zara was allowed a title, once females were allowed into the inheritance line, as a grand daughter, but turned it down..

Ironically before they left in a huff, once Charles gets to be King, then Archie and bump would have been promoted to a title as grand children.. 

So the weasel Morgan was right..

As an aside, Harry is a P.O.W. a "Prisoner Of Wife" a term often used by USA servicemen who've married a UK girl and stayed here..

He's burned his bridges with the family, so If, as I suspect the marriage doesn't last and after she's sued him for every penny she can get. He'll end up as a scrounger  off his Dad, holed up  in a House on a Royal estate doing nothing, like his Uncle Andrew..

• Like 3

Minister for Foreign Affairs Simon Coveney and EU commissioner Maros Sefcovic are scheduled to brief the Friends of Ireland caucus on Capitol Hill on Wednesday, amid concern in Washington about Britain’s decision to delay the implementation of a key part of the Brexit agreement.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/coveney-and-sefcovic-to-brief-washington-

----------------
What a change of president can do. Under the old one this would never have happened in person. That one invited Faragee ...
Interesting detail, this is chaired by congressman Richard Neal, a Massachusetts Democrat who also chairs the Ways and Means committee which has power over trade deals – including any future UK-US agreement.
Seems old style diplomacy is the norm again between US and the EU.

Took her a while to realise that she could never be Queen and a while to realise that Royalty in U.K. terms was in the real world, completely different to the Hollywood version. 

The question has to be asked just how far down the road Harry too is binned and how far down the road the Hewitt question pops it’s little head back into the open.

• Like 1

UK press on their high horse condemning Charles Michel's claim that UK banned export of vaccines and vaccine components. Raab denying categorically and written complaining. I do not know all the facts, but insisting on a contractual relationship with AZ whereby it was "me first" and "me until I can eat no more", smacks of an effective ban?

3 hours ago, The Q said:

Jack you are wrong on this one The starting salary for a Nurse is £24907,

They then get,

Time plus 30% for night shifts,

Time plus 60% for working weekends,

Time plus 50% for working overtime.

They then get roughly a £1000 a year increase for quite a few years and  on top of that the annual percentage increase added to the entire scheme.

So the Starting take home pay , for a normal working nurse  who's just out of training and barely out of nappies is Over £30,000 in total.. Which is an extremely good wage. More than me a degree holding Electronic Technician- engineer who's just got a couple of years to  retirement..

Oh my job not Important?  If you've flown you've indirectly depended on equipment from our factory, if you've used GPS you've indirectly depended on equipment from our factory , if  you've been in hospital and hooked up to all those flashing lights beeping machines, you've Indirectly  depended on equipment from our factory.. 

And practically nothing leaves this factory, unless it's been calibrated on something I've calibrated..

One of the great wonders of working in the UK as a tradesman, you can be a fully time served apprentice, spent 100's of hours of research and learning for the dozens of exams to update all the qualifications on an almost yearly basis, be re-examined at least every 5 years to hold your existing qualifications, pay a fortune each year for insurance to cover you as you are now qualified and yet a telephone salesman on his first job will earn more.

I blame Tony Blair for that, he who couldn't wait to get rid of manufacturing in the UK.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

I blame Tony Blair for that, he who couldn't wait to get rid of manufacturing in the UK.

Add in one Brown, Gordon, who believed that all the wealth was created in the City.  Fuckwits, so much lasting damage done by those two and never held to any account.

Ooops, expect one of splatt's ex pat and few remoaning acolytes will jump up to defend one of his (ex) own:)

3 hours ago, GBH said:

Add in one Brown, Gordon, who believed that all the wealth was created in the City.  Fuckwits, so much lasting damage done by those two and never held to any account.

Ooops, expect one of splatt's ex pat and few remoaning acolytes will jump up to defend one of his (ex) own:)

I love you too ...

8 hours ago, The Q said:

Jack you are wrong on this one. The starting salary for a Nurse is £24907..

Mate I provided the source  and I was addressing Whyan say "average UK circa "£34k +.... £ 45K pretty quickly", so I'm going the 5th. :D

On 3/8/2021 at 8:30 AM, jack_sparrow said:

- Starting salary - £23,000 per year.....

2021 UK study.com  

3 hours ago, GBH said:

Add in one Brown, Gordon, who believed that all the wealth was created in the City.  Fuckwits, so much lasting damage done by those two and never held to any account

There were some very compelling reasons for some manufacturing going.

However the crime is there was NO effort by any Govt of any brand in the last 40 years that properly encouraged replacement manufacturing sectors that high productivity was a central pillar.

Remember it was only 30 years there was TWO Germanys. Look where they are now in world manufacturing both local and offshore.  

If we had to apportion blame for the demise or destruction of UK industry, I doubt anyone can top Maggie, though Blair and Brown are on that same team. I would stand up for Gordon Brown as an excellent local MP and a decent bloke, but as Chancellor or PM ....

6 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

The question has to be asked just how far down the road Harry too is binned and how far down the road the Hewitt question pops it’s little head back into the open.

That's funny coming from someone who won't say which country he/his parents immigrated to the UK from.

Are you now spending your Covid lockdown days looking at a faded picture of the local milkman?

7 hours ago, The Q said:

He's burned his bridges with the family, so If, as I suspect the marriage doesn't last and after she's sued him for every penny she can get. He'll end up as a scrounger  off his Dad, holed up  in a House on a Royal estate doing nothing, like his Uncle Andrew

I'm guessing Harry banged your missus?

• Like 1
6 hours ago, LeoV said:

Minister for Foreign Affairs Simon Coveney and EU commissioner Maros Sefcovic are scheduled to brief the Friends of Ireland caucus on Capitol Hill on Wednesday, amid concern in Washington about Britain’s decision to delay the implementation of a key part of the Brexit agreement.

I watched Bidens Press Sec devote time in daily briefing to say no one will be fucking with the GFA.

7 hours ago, The Q said:

He's burned his bridges with the family, so If, as I suspect the marriage doesn't last and after she's sued him for every penny she can get. He'll end up as a scrounger  off his Dad, holed up  in a House on a Royal estate doing nothing, like his Uncle Andrew..

Aren't the whole family scroungers? 
Its not like daddy has been out earning the cheques. I will give Harry credit for serving his country though.

Interesting as well that the usual crew as well as some of the racist jokes I've seen about her are now bringing out the good old fashioned ginger jokes. I'm doing my best to not give a fuck about any of this but its literally posted everywhere, can't even catch the local news without it being rammed down my throat. 

54 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

That's funny coming from someone who won't say which country he/his parents immigrated to the UK from.

Are you now spending your Covid lockdown days looking at a faded picture of the local milkman?

Junkie Jack back on Crack, writing anything that comes into his head. How does the Hewitt connection with Diana and Harry get moved across to my local milkman and my parents ?

One could move that over on that basis to how Jacks mum stopped breast feeding him at 10 and sent him off to boarding school as she hated the reponsibility for bringing up a family sponger, much like Harry.

8 hours ago, The Q said:

Oh and as for the detestable weasel, that is Piers Morgan, sadly he's going for being right.. rather than going for being wrong which he normally is..

As the palace put it, on M+ H interview " recollections may vary" diplomatic speak for you're lying through your teeth.. 

Note, I didn't see the whole interview but only clips and reports.

Race.. Megan claimed  she'd heard it from Harry that it was during her pregnancy  that comments were made, Harry said it was before they were married, so she knew before hand, and I also suspect it was a stupid insensitive "jokey" comment rather than a serious inquiry.

Harry claimed they were financially cut off....   He didn't say his Dad have given him several million, when his pay as a working royal stopped. 

Megan said she had her keys taken from her...  What keys? she had no property to lock up , she lived in armed guarded building, Exterior keys would be kept in the guard rooms , interior rooms have their own internal locks with keys / locks on the inside. Vehicles come from the Royal garages, where they are maintained, looked after and the keys are kept.

Megan said she had her USA driving licence taken from her.. Yeah like every other USA citizen who becomes a UK citizen intending to live in the UK, you have to swap your USA licence for a UK one which is valid for visiting in the USA.

Megan said she couldn't get mental health support... Harry and his brother have been running campaigns on Mental health, They have said they needed and got support , if Harry  can't get support for her then no one can..

Megan complained Archie got no Royal titles... Well that's because he's not entitled before or after the split.. Beyond grand parents they are not entitled to titles, So Andrews kids got titles but their kids won't.

Princess Anne's, Zara was allowed a title, once females were allowed into the inheritance line, as a grand daughter, but turned it down..

Ironically before they left in a huff, once Charles gets to be King, then Archie and bump would have been promoted to a title as grand children.. 

So the weasel Morgan was right..

As an aside, Harry is a P.O.W. a "Prisoner Of Wife" a term often used by USA servicemen who've married a UK girl and stayed here..

Gotta love the old school ardent royalists, do you still doff your cap and watch the Queens speech every year... commerative plate collection maybe?

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:
8 hours ago, The Q said:

He's burned his bridges with the family, so If, as I suspect the marriage doesn't last and after she's sued him for every penny she can get. He'll end up as a scrounger  off his Dad, holed up  in a House on a Royal estate doing nothing, like his Uncle Andrew

He's a touch sensitive about this. :P

30 minutes ago, MiddayGun said:

Aren't the whole family scroungers? 
Its not like daddy has been out earning the cheques. I will give Harry credit for serving his country though.

Interesting as well that the usual crew as well as some of the racist jokes I've seen about her are now bringing out the good old fashioned ginger jokes. I'm doing my best to not give a fuck about any of this but its literally posted everywhere, can't even catch the local news without it being rammed down my throat. 

Exactly, the fucking lot of them are an outdated waste of time and money..........the sooner they disappear into obscurity, the better. 

• Like 1

Mate I provided the source  and I was addressing Whyan say "average UK circa "£34k +.... £ 45K pretty quickly", so I'm going the 5th. :D

Their pages must be well out of date.

https://www.nurses.co.uk/careers-hub/nursing-pay-guide/#nhs-pay-table-agenda-for-change-2020-21

This is the current pay scale a qualified nurse starts at Band 5 

Band 1 is something like a cleaner

Band 8 chief Nurse of the hospital

Band 9 ,Director of finance of the hospital.

Doctors and consultants are on a completely different pay scale..much bigger pay of course, 

Well since you are posting on a thread about a country you don’t live in at 230 in the morning we can safely assume that this can’t happen to you.

36 minutes ago, The Q said:

Their pages must be well out of date.

https://www.nurses.co.uk/careers-hub/nursing-pay-guide/#nhs-pay-table-agenda-for-change-2020-21

This is the current pay scale a qualified nurse starts at Band 5 

Band 1 is something like a cleaner

Band 8 chief Nurse of the hospital

Band 9 ,Director of finance of the hospital.

Doctors and consultants are on a completely different pay scale..much bigger pay of course, 

Jack seems to grab a few hours sleep between 4am and 7am his time each day so he is asleep now but when wakes up you can expect him to spend the next 2 days tieing himself in knots trying to prove he is right. He got schooled on a minor point about marine radio over in the covid threads- wandered in swinging his dick and got caught out bullshiting and since then has gone full retard. 

He claimed he has to ‘defend his reputation’ on the sailing Anarchy forums. No you can’t make this shit up. 

He in fact just confirmed his reputation- as a demented, narcissistic, triggered Man child. 

10 hours ago, cms said:

UK press on their high horse condemning Charles Michel's claim

Yep, as usual.
And the whole Michel's post was not intended for the UK.  So who cares what the UK politicians or press says.
Just a reminder to the ROW to read the label where the vaccines they import come from. EU and India, or China and Russia.
If the EU reacted like the UK on this story, the UK ambassador in Brussels will get it very busy.

EU numbers, more then 8 million doses went to the UK, Pfizer and AZ. Non the other way.
UK refuse to say how much they exported.

• Like 1

Meanwhile more 3rd country rules for the UK exports.

UK food manufacturers are facing millions of pounds in extra costs due to Brexit red tape from next month when the European Commission introduces new layers of bureaucracy on food imports, the industry has warned. The new EU legislation covering multi-ingredient products, ranging from chocolate bars to curry sauces, is expected to increase the volume of UK export health certificates required to send food to the EU by up to one-third, industry associations warned.

https://www.ft.com/content/154f32d8-8185-4f78-aee5-d12d28a0e828

People expected Brexit to relieve them of all the pesky things about EU membership that they resented (i.e tehy tuk wir jerbs) and still to retain all the benefits of EU membership that they had taken for granted for so long. Ho ho ho.

That the EU are choosing to fuck UK up the ass without the common decency of offering a reach-around is hardly a surprise (unless you have had your fingers in your ears while shouting "la la la bexit brexit brexit")  

• Like 2
5 hours ago, LB 15 said:

He got schooled on a minor point about marine radio over in the covid threads- wandered in swinging his dick and got caught out bullshiting and since then has gone full retard...

...He in fact just confirmed his reputation- as a demented, narcissistic, triggered Man child.

Yep that "demented, narcissistic, triggered Man child" REALLY "got schooled" on Marine Radio.

IMG_20210306_213308.jpg.324fda6e6205e26618786dec57957f00.jpgIMG_20210306_213659.jpg.91adb50ab22955b7038f4aadcbc96116.jpg

2 hours ago, Weyalan said:

People expected Brexit to relieve them of all the pesky things about EU membership that they resented (i.e tehy tuk wir jerbs) and still to retain all the benefits of EU membership that they had taken for granted for so long. Ho ho ho.

True. 'Having your cake and eat it' is exactly the case today.

HOWEVER in 2016  the Leave Vote mostly wasn't about EU membership at all, (outside the 350 million quid a week red bus) particularly in Englands north, that got the vote over the line (and carried the 2019 election result) noting it was ONLY England and Wales voted to leave. It was a PROTEST vote about being pissed off about their lot in life. 

The biggest indicator of that was Google search traffic AFTER the vote was in with key words like "What is the EU"??

Another indicator is the number who can't give any reasons today WHY they voted Leave in 2016. One of them even lurks here. :D 

2 hours ago, Weyalan said:

That the EU are choosing to fuck UK up the ass without the common decency of offering a reach-around is hardly a surprise (unless you have had your fingers in your ears while shouting "la la la bexit brexit brexit")  

"That the EU are choosing to fuck UK up the ass without the common decency of offering a reach-around.."

You are going to have to explain that against this backdrop.

- Your opening paragraph of 'wanting their cake and eat it' where you are on the money.

- The UK chose a bare bones trade only tarriff-free deal with very limited regulatory alignment and it is that absence of regulatory alignment that is the UK's current burr in the saddle, theirs alone and NOT of the EU's making. No one held a gun to their head; and

- The EU's experience to date.

The UK have already sought to break international law by trying to enact the Internal Markets Bill (voted on three times? in the HOC so bees dick off enactment) that would have blown up the Withdrawal Agreement.  

Now by unilaterally wanting to change the Irish Protocol it it breaking international law for the second time.

What exactly is "the reach around" you think the EU should offer?

Buggered if I can think of one. 

• Like 3
3 hours ago, LeoV said:

UK food manufacturers are facing millions of pounds in extra costs due to Brexit red tape from next month when the European Commission introduces new layers of bureaucracy on food imports, the industry has warned.

What is so hard to understand about wanting to be a third country and what being a third country entails??

EU import data by the 3rd quarter should show some real surprises on where EU importers have swapped out the UK in favour of other sources, either internally or externally. 

14 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

What exactly is "the reach around" you think the EU should offer?

Buggered if I can think of one. 

I totally don't think the EU should offer anything... I was merely amused that people are getting all butthurt because the EU isn't bending over backwards to provide everything that the deluded Brexiters think they deserve

PS The "reach around" comment was a (mis)quote from the excellent Full Metal Jacket

• Like 2