Jump to content

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

Whyane thanks for that illuminating reply

So Whyane you are saying the prison guard with the crooked sneer is generous letting all these people who have lived in the UK, many for generations to make application for settled status, but not become citizens . 

Those living less than 5 years only get pre-settled status that expires after five years before they can apply for settled status 

Thats 5 million names of the UK's population they have because they have no idea who are citizens and who aren't.

Now in month 5 after the transition period ended there is still half a million of that 5 million yet to be granted anything for an application they are told takes a month.

Anyway what has all that got to do with this

1 hour ago, jack_sparrow said:
4 hours ago, Upp3 said:

It seems that Brits are serious trying to keep immigrants out so they don't steal jobs from locals: https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/may/13/eu-citizens-arriving-in-uk-being-locked-up-and-expelled

Skilled migrants = higher productivity = wage growth

Can't help shooting themselves in both feet at every turn

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • jack_sparrow

    7717

  • LeoV

    2414

  • Waynemarlow

    2099

  • mad

    1399

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No way I'm going to PA. This was a top thread, now it's fucked. Thank you fucking idiots.

I was thinking for the last few days that  as a pro union lifelong Alliance voter I should respond to this post but turning on the radio this morning and hearing Mike Nesbitt made me decide to act.

Umm, that would be you.  1) You are fool (as is both evident and self-confessed) who thinks that brexit is a good idea.  2) You post nonsense that only reinforces this and believe that you a

Posted Images

A creationist elected to lead the DUP. What next?

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Now in month 5 after the transition period ended there is still half a million of that 5 million yet to be granted anything for an application they are told takes a month.

Anyway what has all that got to do with this

 

Considering that 3 - 3.5M were expected to apply and to date over 5M have already applied, with still a large number expected over the next few months, I guess the U.K. can’t be all that bad and delays in immigration paperwork to be expected if you haven’t bothered to get in the queue, after all the writing has been on the wall and every media outlet for the last five years.

Then to not expect a few chancers looking for work when travel is presently banned to the U.K. from the EU other than essential travel, to be not sent back whence they came, I guess could only be raised by the Guardian and oohed and aaahed by those few posters left on this thread. 
 

Sums up the blinkered thinking of the contributors I guess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Considering that 3 - 3.5M were expected to apply

Got a Government cite for that and that references this?

I guess not

11 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

Thats 5 million names of the UK's population they have because they have no idea who are citizens and who aren't.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

I guess the U.K. can’t be all that bad and delays in immigration paperwork to be expected if you haven’t bothered to get in the queue, after all the writing has been on the wall and every media outlet for the last five years.

Reading still problem isn't it.

11 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

for an application they are told takes a month.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cms said:

A creationist elected to lead the DUP. What next?

Poots was the #1 contender but then said he wouldn't run.

Nothing like having a leader with conviction.

My bet they will be a bees dick off #3 party after next election and gone the one after that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/13/2021 at 3:17 AM, LeoV said:

Buzzwords, scapegoats.

Ask them who is on the EU agricultural commission and did they ever read the papers from that committee ?
And are their red tape the EU CAP minimum or countries extra rules ?
Kind of like the Farage story who was on EU fishery commission for years, and never did anything. While the UK government fucked up the quota system allocated by the EU. Farage was the unaccountable bureaucrat accusing unaccountable bureaucrats of vile deeds while the 'accountable' UK HMG was responsible for the vile deeds.

We can see if the UK has a better plan, much smaller country then the EU, more tailor made rules possible.
Results to be known in a few years if they like UK red tape more then EU old ones. And how accountable Defra is.

PS, comparing Ireland to the whole of the US with regards to easiness of setting up farming is unfair.
Find a state where population, use of land, soil and farm sizes are more comparable. Van meager farms survive there ?
A few Dutch pig farmers went to Romania, and find it very easy there... lots of space, not many rules.

Here’s the thing,

It doesn’t matter whether what you say is true or false, what matters is perception and as we found with the (somewhat) recent elections, if the perception of enough voters is reflected in the polls then that becomes the reality. We should learn from past mistakes, the same mistakes which were made when campaigning against Brexit and when campaigning against Trump.

If we don’t show respect for the opinions of those with whom we disagree then we are not serving our agenda and platform well but rather fueling the resolve of the opposition. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:
On 5/13/2021 at 6:17 PM, LeoV said:

.....We can see if the UK has a better plan, much smaller country then the EU, more tailor made rules possible.
Results to be known in a few years if they like UK red tape more then EU old ones. And how accountable Defra is.

Here’s the thing

Here is the other thing.

The post Brexit new UK Agricultural policy is a photocopy of the EU's going forward to nearly the end of this decade. The only things changed is different labels for the same outcomes and the Brits get less transparent money than those across the Irish Sea and Channel.

In theory a NI and RoI producer should be on a level playing field policy wise and both in the same market but where NI also in GB market.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, jack_sparrow said:

Here is the other thing.

The post Brexit new UK Agricultural policy is a photocopy of the EU's going forward to nearly the end of this decade. The only things changed is different labels for the same outcomes and the Brits get less transparent money than those across the Irish Sea and Channel.

Which is exactly my point.

The perception that leaving the EU will make things better has lead to Brexit which is the reality, regardless of whether narrative initially supplied was true or not.

 

There is plenty of blame to go around for the position in which we find ourselves.

The remoaners, the Faragestas and the EU all deserve a ‘clap’ on the back.

 

Oiche maith agibh.

Link to post
Share on other sites

A creationist, a nationalist and a populist stepping into a bar and see a socialist... how can we unite ?

(the largest party in each part of the UK)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:
12 hours ago, cms said:

A creationist elected to lead the DUP. What next?

Poots was the #1 contender but then said he wouldn't run.

Nothing like having a leader with conviction.

My bet they will be a bees dick off #3 party after next election and gone the one after that.

Correction Poots rejected 1st Ministers job which is even more interesting.

This creationist BTW believes the world is only 6,000 years old. Not even Ian Paisley Snr spoke of religious bullshit like this.

Slugger is always a pundit close to the mark

From 2.30 his opinion on the DUP's future aligns with what I have posted - they are in self denial and are on the way out.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Main Man said:

This will end well...:mellow:

They had a chance with Donaldson who contested and was keen to widen DUP base. With this guy getting up that is never happening and be will the end, thank god. Alliance and Greens will be printing lots of new members cards now.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, The Main Man said:

This will end well...:mellow:

It was a close election;
19 to 17 votes for each candidate.
What strikes me was this quote;
“The result isn’t necessarily the party moving to the right,” said one DUP Assembly member, who told POLITICO he voted for Poots even though he thinks Donaldson is more competent and professional. “The clearest message from this vote is that we want change.” 
https://www.politico.eu/article/dup-picks-hardliner-to-battle-northern-ireland-protocol/

Political leader elections, always hard to comprehend.

Link to post
Share on other sites
How large is the fall in UK exports to EU this year?
Get very different answers using (UK) ONS vs Eurostat data UK exports to EU, Feb-21 vs Dec-20
 
ONS: -15%
Eurostat -32%
 

In short the UK does not count goods crossing the border an export if it does not change ownership which Eurostat does include. So every multinational that changed it's supply chain from UK-EU to a EU only one is not counted as a loss. Nice way to flatter the statistics.
But they use the Eurostat calculations for imports.... LOL.
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LeoV said:

Political leader elections, always hard to comprehend.

Poots is there to take no prisoners when dealing with London, Dublin & SF. It is like a religious/political military campaign.

DUP is not a party looking for wide support. Its your with us or you are not, no undecided. Its like a suicide mission.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LeoV said:

It was a close election;
19 to 17 votes for each candidate.
What strikes me was this quote;
“The result isn’t necessarily the party moving to the right,” said one DUP Assembly member, who told POLITICO he voted for Poots even though he thinks Donaldson is more competent and professional. “The clearest message from this vote is that we want change.” 
https://www.politico.eu/article/dup-picks-hardliner-to-battle-northern-ireland-protocol/

Political leader elections, always hard to comprehend.

Oh, they are definitely going to get “change” alright, but I’m reasonably certain it ain’t going to be the “change” they were looking for.


 

:-)

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, cms said:

Dexy's Under the Bus - Craig & Rachel Smillie - YouTube

Glasgow rejects Priti Patel and Westminster deportation policy.

Enjoy.

And Michele Barnier picks up the baton, how political expediency can change a mans mind :rolleyes:

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/brexit-news/westminster-news/michel-barnier-on-french-immigration-policy-7970132

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2021 at 8:37 PM, jack_sparrow said:

Skilled migrants = higher productivity = wage growth

Can't help shooting themselves in both feet at every turn

skilled migrants come from where?
Your sure your not thinking about just after WWII where civilized countries had displaced people who had education and skills?
Or are you still on that bandwagon that you can only have growth with increased population?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Sailabout said:

skilled migrants come from where?
Your sure your not thinking about just after WWII where civilized countries had displaced people who had education and skills?

Doesn't matter where from.

First question is whether there is a need and are the absence of skills in any sectors impacting on productivity and wage growth YES or NO, particularly post Brexit?

In fact current immigration policy recognises it, but doesn't do much to promote it. It can also be tied to higher education funding, placements and visa accessibility.

3 hours ago, Sailabout said:

Or are you still on that bandwagon that you can only have growth with increased population?

Never been on the populate or perish bandwagon.

That's is fear mongering though straight out of the Leave campaign handbook that stifles proper immigration policy being developed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sailabout said:

skilled migrants come from where?
Your sure your not thinking about just after WWII where civilized countries had displaced people who had education and skills?
Or are you still on that bandwagon that you can only have growth with increased population?

I know what you are trying to say but as an immigrant who left the isles for far flung fields I got to tell you that assuming that all immigrants are unskilled is to be  unknowledgeable about immigrants.

Did you ever hear of the Indian cab drivers in New York who are qualified doctors in their homeland?

I can assure you that I met plenty of accountants, engineers and other educated people washing dishes here in the US .


The biggest lie that is told about immigrants is that they all flee poverty etc

There are many reasons why people up sticks and fuck off to other countries and the truth never told about immigration is how devastating it can be to the donor countries.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

David Henig, ex UKHMG trade guy about NIP on twitter after Frost did a piece in the RW press admitting he did negotiate a not so good deal but blaming the EU for his actions:

No stone to be left unturned in UK government quest to blame the EU for absolutely everything to do with the Northern Ireland protocol.

The UK government have denied to UK farmers and public they want to lower food standards and yet are not prepared to commit to that with the EU for even a year to help peace in Northern Ireland.

That chlorinated chicken must have previously unknown powers, given the UK government are prepared to sacrifice peace in Northern Ireland and trade relations with the EU for a US trade deal that is the only reason for the UK not to seek some SPS alignment.

Greater love have no man than this, that he is prepared to lay down part of his kingdom for the benefit of industrial scale farmers in the United States.

Let us finally not forget that in a few short weeks the UK government has gone from denying there would be any checks as a result of the Northern Ireland protocol, to saying there are far too many checks and it is intolerable. Hard to negotiate with the flagrantly dishonest.

---------------------
Nice piece and Non Trade Barriers are now 'processes' in Tory speak.

Another good publication;

https://blogs.lse.ac.uk/brexit/2021/05/17/brexit-is-a-political-ponzi-scheme/

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

And on the other hand the US senate just passed a resolution to reaffirm their unwavering support for the Good Friday Agreement and its full implementation.

On the day that UK hints it might claim 'force majeure' over the NIP  this is good news for Ireland and the EU side.

E1pxPJiXsAQZrd5?format=png&name=small

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, LeoV said:

And on the other hand the US senate just passed a resolution to reaffirm their unwavering support for the Good Friday Agreement and its full implementation.

On the day that UK hints it might claim 'force majeure' over the NIP  this is good news for Ireland and the EU side.

E1pxPJiXsAQZrd5?format=png&name=small

Biden is in UK early July

Johnson apparently given EU a deadline (yes another one) just B4 that visit for THEM to settle NI Protocol

Claims EU checks in NI for GB> NI goods contrary to GFA

Trouble is EU are NOT in NI doing ANY checks - its UK doing checks - EU lucky to even oversea

EU tell UK deadline not necessary - read what you signed

Biden tells UK what?

:lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sea warrior said:

Sad to see the indoctrination continuing.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-57170529

Frost is said to have just meet Unionist leaders incl ex/current paramilitary leaders.

Johnson opened PMQ yesterday with a tribute to families from the Ballymurphy Inquest findings that the 10 were all innocent civilians not carrying weapons as the Brits have been saying for the last 50 years.

Johnson didn't mention the innocent findings bit at all.

Jonson didn't mention that actually 11 died as one only died of a heart attack.........after a Para shoved a rifle mussel in his mouth and pulled the trigger, unloaded.

Johnson didn't mention the paras, the same ones a year later who shot 14 at Bloody Sunday in Derry.

Johnson didn't mention that for 50 years the Govt have put roadblock after roadblock in the families way to protect them from finally this outcome.

Johnson didn't mention that upon the inquest findings they are now rushing through Amnesty legislation to protect them.

Mary Lou got up in the Dial yesterday and tore Johnson a new arsehole.

Absolute pricks of the highest order

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Whinging Pom said:

After the Good Friday Agreement, why wasn't something along the lines of South Africa's Truth and Reconciliation Commission set up?

Because that would make the Brits look real, real bad what with collusion, arming the Protestants, Paras slaughtering irish people Willy-nilly etc. not to mention the intentional gerrymandering that got us here in the first place.

I mean, they only apologized for the famine genocide a few years ago and even then halfheartedly.

 

You can’t have the British youth taught about shíte like that in schools because next thing you know they’ll begin to question the narrative about how ‘great’ empire was and about “two world wars and one World Cup” although admittedly, they did win one World Cup.

 

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Whinging Pom said:

After the Good Friday Agreement, why wasn't something along the lines of South Africa's Truth and Reconciliation Commission set up?

The was actually an equivalent Stormont cross party commission set after the 1993 cease fire that died a death following the GFA

There has been nothing since where only remedy has been individual Inquests and Ombudsman style Inquiries that many remain open ended as London won't cooperate. The Ballymurphy style Inquiries have been a feature, some having to be reset two or three times.

Prior to Ballymurphy that took 50 years the most significant was the Bloody Sunday Inquiry or Saville Inquiry (it was the second and instigated in 1998 by Blair at time of GFA) that took 12 years or  until 2010 to produce a report which resulted in Cameron in Parliament apologising on behalf of the British Government. Same outcome as Ballymurphy unarmed civilians and same para regiment responsible. 

The biggest impediment is as Sea states is the willingness of the UK Govt to accept liability runs not only runs shallow but Tory pressures are constant to halt historical prosecutions of former soldiers with out new evidence.

BUT simultaneously they put up roadblocks for that new evidence to be obtained and reported upon. It also cuts both ways with complaints from both republican and unionist communities.

The only prosecution to date is the case known as “Soldier F”, a Bloody Sunday para facing five attempted murder charges, is still in court NI system and adjourned pre Covid and not kicked off again. Might be guilty as shit but hardly fair on someone now in their 70's.  

So the prospects of a Mandela-style truth process years away and will probably die with eventual  reunification I suspect.

Link to post
Share on other sites

IIRC a crucial aspect of Desmond Tutu's commission was that there were to be no prosecutions or legal consequences arising from the confessions given by both sides in the struggle.  This could never happen without the willingness for bygones to be bygones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Whinging Pom said:

IIRC a crucial aspect of Desmond Tutu's commission was that there were to be no prosecutions or legal consequences arising from the confessions given by both sides in the struggle.  This could never happen without the willingness for bygones to be bygones.

The parallels though are not there. SA had a supportive administration. In NI the opposite.

The stupidity is with a Mandela-style truth process the Brits would have got exactly what the wanted being a halt to historical prosecutions of former soldiers and the myriad of ongoing individual inquests and inquires.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, but the price would be general knowledge of what the Army and UK government did. All those involved will need to be dead before that can be revealed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

The was actually an equivalent Stormont cross party commission set after the 1993 cease fire that died a death following the GFA

There has been nothing since where only remedy has been individual Inquests and Ombudsman style Inquiries that many remain open ended as London won't cooperate. The Ballymurphy style Inquiries have been a feature, some having to be reset two or three times.

Prior to Ballymurphy that took 50 years the most significant was the Bloody Sunday Inquiry or Saville Inquiry (it was the second and instigated in 1998 by Blair at time of GFA) that took 12 years or  until 2010 to produce a report which resulted in Cameron in Parliament apologising on behalf of the British Government. Same outcome as Ballymurphy unarmed civilians and same para regiment responsible. 

The biggest impediment is as Sea states is the willingness of the UK Govt to accept liability runs not only runs shallow but Tory pressures are constant to halt historical prosecutions of former soldiers with out new evidence.

BUT simultaneously they put up roadblocks for that new evidence to be obtained and reported upon. It also cuts both ways with complaints from both republican and unionist communities.

The only prosecution to date is the case known as “Soldier F”, a Bloody Sunday para facing five attempted murder charges, is still in court NI system and adjourned pre Covid and not kicked off again. Might be guilty as shit but hardly fair on someone now in their 70's.  

So the prospects of a Mandela-style truth process years away and will probably die with eventual  reunification I suspect.

And now you are an expert on South Africa? Will wonders ever cease? Imagine googling subjects you know nothing about, just to pretend you are and expert on line to people you will never meet. 

You are one strange cunt Jack. Fucking needy but odd nevertheless.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, jack_sparrow said:

The was actually an equivalent Stormont cross party commission set after the 1993 cease fire that died a death following the GFA

There has been nothing since where only remedy has been individual Inquests and Ombudsman style Inquiries that many remain open ended as London won't cooperate. The Ballymurphy style Inquiries have been a feature, some having to be reset two or three times.

Prior to Ballymurphy that took 50 years the most significant was the Bloody Sunday Inquiry or Saville Inquiry (it was the second and instigated in 1998 by Blair at time of GFA) that took 12 years or  until 2010 to produce a report which resulted in Cameron in Parliament apologising on behalf of the British Government. Same outcome as Ballymurphy unarmed civilians and same para regiment responsible. 

The biggest impediment is as Sea states is the willingness of the UK Govt to accept liability runs not only runs shallow but Tory pressures are constant to halt historical prosecutions of former soldiers with out new evidence.

BUT simultaneously they put up roadblocks for that new evidence to be obtained and reported upon. It also cuts both ways with complaints from both republican and unionist communities.

The only prosecution to date is the case known as “Soldier F”, a Bloody Sunday para facing five attempted murder charges, is still in court NI system and adjourned pre Covid and not kicked off again. Might be guilty as shit but hardly fair on someone now in their 70's.  

So the prospects of a Mandela-style truth process years away and will probably die with eventual  reunification I suspect.

Read John stalker’s book and then see what happened him after his report on “Shoot to kill”

 

Thats all you need to know about the sincerity of the British government with regards to justice and accountability in NI  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Why can't you guys just move on and accept that the inevitable reunification of Ireland is taking place.

The NI population voted to remain in the EU, the EU kicked up such a song and dance about keeping NI in the EU that one can only presume they want the NI bar bill on their books, Boris and every Conservative for about 30 years can't give NI away fast enough. And virtually every English voter would vote tomorrow for reunification on the basis of no longer having to pay the cost of a what was a political and nationialistic divide based on historical events some many decades ago, that seems to have gone on for ever.

All Brexit has done is accelerate the process.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

Read John stalker’s book and then see what happened him after his report on “Shoot to kill”

Stalker (a senior Manchester copper) was close to submitting report (mid 80's) which uncovered institutionalised murder by the RUC & Brit Army in NI, when he was stood down and the Brits spent £250K (1980's £) on another inquiry.

The Inquiry was to get evidence he used a police car for private purposes so they could get rid of him out of police service.

His report was never released.

Shoot to Kill (which was the policy he uncovered of shooting suspects without evidence or arrest) is also name of a 90's drama documentary reconstruction of the events that led to the Stalker Inquiry. Its on UTube also doc about him from memory.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

slightly under the surface another little tiff has been brewing, might make relations even more sour : for last weeks british immigration have detained dozens of europistani's alleging that they "assume" they come to seek work, problem is there is no real proof, just assumptions, people are then detained in one of the most covid infested areas in a fucking asylum seekers camp, quite heavyhanded that is ... got example of an Italian lady going to visit family living in little england and the mere thing she mentioned that for her this was a good way too to improve her english was sufficient to detain her for days in the (concentration ?) camp, next put a stamp in her passport so she can't come back. of course the wayniacs will say we exaggerate and that it's all good, EU does not really agree and next britanistanis coming to the continent might be shacked up together with half of africa in the camps around Calais and Dunkirk, tits for tats and all that, just leave that to the froggies if they get annoyed, nope, the boris tribe is certainly not gaining too much of credit around here

was just wondering, in days gone by I used to go regularly on account of job, sometimes even for a couple of weeks on training jobs (to educate the unwashed british masses, dirty job but somebody had to do it), would that be enough for a no-go stamp in my passport ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Why can't you guys just move on and accept that the inevitable reunification of Ireland is taking place.

No one here is not acceptive of that, so why the meaningless post?

It is because you are not acceptive of a whole chain of events created by Brexit where the outcome could be as extreme as the Troubles Mk II on that reunification journey.

it is also the train smash scene of lies, coverups and broken promises to both EU & Brexiteers by BumFace and there is a new one every day.

So you want to move on and wash your hands of that.

You and a minority of UK pop caused it, wear it.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Albatros said:

was just wondering, in days gone by I used to go regularly on account of job, sometimes even for a couple of weeks on training jobs (to educate the unwashed british masses, dirty job but somebody had to do it), would that be enough for a no-go stamp in my passport ?

Training jobs are providing services and can not be done. If custom official hates you he can stamp.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeoV said:

Training jobs are providing services and can not be done. If custom official hates you he can stamp.

ouch ! but then the unwashed masses would remain unwashed !

but I suppose that when it's intra-company, like in my case, it's slightly different, if problematic it might mean that a simple visit to our UK branch might already be a no-no, now that would be funni... have been on training sessions all over the globe, never a hitch, now wouldn't it be fun if blighty would be the only one to have a problem with europistanis coming in to slightly raise the technical levels of comprehension of some electronics and stuff ? hah

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ah, intra company..

Visit https://www.gov.uk/intracompany-transfer-worker-visa

To qualify for an Intra-company visa, you must:

  • be an existing employee of an organisation that’s been approved by the Home Office as a sponsor
  • have a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ from your employer with information about the role you’ve been offered in the UK
  • do a job that’s on the list of eligible occupations
  • be paid at least £41,500 for an Intra-company Transfer visa or at least £23,000 for an Intra-company Graduate Trainee visa
Link to post
Share on other sites

Latest Chris Grey blog is sobering. Lots of struggles ahead.

https://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/

And having followed Frost a bit his remarks are bewildering;
UK exports through EU controlled border posts are going nicely, teething problems are limited. Trade is up almost to normal.
GB exports to NI rules controlled by the UK are unsustainable and facing problems for trade.

The rules for both are the same or even less for GB-NI, so according to Frost EU worked it out, UK not. Border control for EU to UK are not fully up and running till March 2022 the earliest.
Time to publish all the advice papers the UK government got before NIP to see where they are so unprepared. They were warned about this.

And Frost talked to outlawed NI loyalist groups who demand that the NIP has to be changed by the EU.
Euh, UK signed this, and can easily make the NIP work, but refuses this for now out of Brexit ideology.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LeoV said:

And Frost talked to outlawed NI loyalist groups who demand that the NIP has to be changed by the EU.

I'm in two minds about that. Pre DUP shift of even more right not good, post maybe more help than harm.

The more the right see London as the all promises/no action and the enemy, maybe takes pressure off the remainder in NI and encourages moderate loyalists shifting to Alliance to further erode the Unionist base.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hows the Australian Free Trade agreement coming along, you know the one that you said would never happen ? Seems as though its about to be signed.

Who's next, New Zealand, then Canada, maybe the US, then the big one for me, Argentina. Best tasting beef in the world, far better than the crap Aus tries to serve as " Prime ".

Link to post
Share on other sites

'Kin Border Force dickheads ...........  pfffff

Not a huge difference between Belarus officials and these dicks.

BS.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Hows the Australian Free Trade agreement coming along, you know the one that you said would never happen ? Seems as though its about to be signed.

Who's next, New Zealand, then Canada, maybe the US, then the big one for me, Argentina. Best tasting beef in the world, far better than the crap Aus tries to serve as " Prime ".

What’s does that trade deal with Australia amount to, the price of a pack or three of Woodbines?
 

lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Aussie trade deal amounts to sacrificing UK farmers at the altar of Tory dogma.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, cms said:

The Aussie trade deal amounts to sacrificing UK farmers at the altar of Tory dogma.

So what you are saying then is that 66 million people have to pay the price of their food at high enough levels to give a Scottish Crofter who produces probably less than 60 - 100 lambs a year, an income higher than many business’s totally open to market forces, to support him and his family in the lifestyle he chose.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Waynemarlow said:

So what you are saying then is that 66 million people have to pay the price of their food at high enough levels to give a Scottish Crofter who produces probably less than 60 - 100 lambs a year, an income higher than many business’s totally open to market forces, to support him and his family in the lifestyle he chose.

No, that's not what he said.

 As an aside, it seems ironic that the few (I'm approximating, it may only have been one) people I met that actually supported Brexit mostly cited farm subsidies and fishing as their reasons for doing so.

oops.

Cheers,

             W.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Hows the Australian Free Trade agreement coming along, you know the one that you said would never happen ? Seems as though its about to be signed.

Who said it would never happen WYne? 

You do know that the UK exited the EU 16 months ago?

Do you know the Aust very happy by sector and $ £ as Aust trade surplus with the UK has increased? 

That was forecast by the way.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, cms said:

The Aussie trade deal amounts to sacrificing UK farmers at the altar of Tory dogma.

Aust Grazing & Agric happy but sad to say correct. 

Ironically in Tories period those exports have dropped since GFC as other markets became more attractive. However China has become recently less reliable so UK will help fill any potential voids

Aust-UK-ag-trade.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Whyne clearly has a masochistic streak. Aussie trade deal benefits Aus 10 time more than UK. Well done Liz.

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

E2OKmOVWUAA0G2G?format=jpg&name=small

This from ONS.
https://t.co/ACk36g0zRa?amp=1

The Brexiteer dream, less trade with the EU.... but not more with ROW auch...

And now the financial services tax income for the UK state please. It has been said 10% of assets have left the City this year on top of 7.5% that left last year. Free trade is working perfectly for an nationalist island, not.

The AU deal without quota is a dream for when a mayor trade partner of AUS blocks AUS meat, now they can dump it in the UK...
But for now, it is gold for AU, lead for UK, and in % of income not much of an influence for farmers.
More info from this guy;

https://twitter.com/DmitryOpines/status/1396929190402924547

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Germany now down 25% of exports to the U.K. since 2018 and China now the largest importer.

Yup,  swap quality for cheap poorly built (copied) shit.  As long as you think you're still winning Wayne, that's all that matters. :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites

It is normal for german exports to drop when countries are running into financial problems. That was my major problem with brexshit a year ago if you remember. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

LONDON — The U.K. must not become "dependent" on trade with China, Trade Secretary Liz Truss warned, as she said Western countries had turned a "blind eye" to Beijing's controversial trade practices in the past.

In an interview Wednesday with POLITICO Live, Truss said China had been guilty of "forced technology transfer, IP violations or unfair industrial subsidies that haven’t been transparently declared," and said World Trade Organization reform was now needed to make its "rules tougher" and restore faith in free trade.

https://www.politico.eu/article/trade-secretary-liz-truss-uk-not-dependent-china/

UK HMG clown cabinet.

UK EU relations, frosty.
UK US relations, mostly on hold till shapeshifting creep is gone.
UK China or India, pick one, not both. Both know their power with regards small UK.
UK Russia, dualistic, happy for the money laundering, unhappy about poisonings.

Global Britain sends out its carrier group into the world to fly the flag, small fleet including Dutch and US ships otherwise it was unprotected.

Link to post
Share on other sites

bumpity bump, just to note that it took the UK and EU until now to get to an agreement on fisheries for this year ... we're in month 6. the agreement is about some 75 common species and some deep seas species for which the agreement even runs into next year, halle-fucking-lujah !

interesting to note anyhow that some local fishing vessels are now going to Norway to fish, a thing they had not done in decades

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep, nobody is giving the UK presents at the moment. How unfair.

But NI is troublesome and no fun.
A UK government apparently inciting violence in its own territory to try to renege on their international commitments is seen pretty badly in the EU and US. Which unfortunately you won't be reading any time soon in most of the UK media.

More from Connelly on progress or not;
https://twitter.com/tconnellyRTE/status/1400683894744272901

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Notice how hardly anyone from the UK actually posts on this thread anymore?  That silence speaks more loudly than all the shit-stirring on here.

And now one less boring Aussie voice on here too! What a pity...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bored Stiff said:

Notice how hardly anyone from the UK actually posts on this thread anymore?  That silence speaks more loudly than all the shit-stirring on here.

And now one less boring Aussie voice on here too! What a pity...

There's not much to report from where I am... News is heavily covid focussed and there's nothing much happening politically: Scotland has voted for a future referendum but no-one really wants it right now, England is a one-party state, Wales is marking time and NI is simmering...

 Everyone is busy keeping calm and carrying on... waiting to see how Covid, Brexit, the Environmental Crisis and the economic recovery, or lack of it,  pan out...

 Things may blow up any time but probably won't... unless something upsets the apple cart then it'll be a year or two before people take stock and form a view on what should happen next. With no electable opposition options are limited, anyway.

 The silence is because the cards have been dealt... the arguments can start up again once the hands are revealed. 

Cheers, 

               W.

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hopefully. His new sock puppet 'Plan Covid normal' has disappeared along with all its posts. I think Jack got another time out or banned and then when the mods saw he was back with a sock they nuked it. 

His other sock the Bitter Fijian claims that Jack hasn't been flicked and in his words 'he is not giving up'. Not giving up exactly what is not specified, but I expect he means he is not giving up being a fuckwit, but no one thought for a moment that he would. Anyway it is nice and quiet again until the dickhead comes back with his next sock.

Poor bastard is completely off his rocker.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, LB 15 said:

until the dickhead comes back with his next sock.

Waynemarlow is a Jack sock.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

You think Jack is that insane that he would create a sock to argue with? He is a complete nut job I grant you, but that might be a step to far even for a cocksucker like him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

You think Jack is that insane that he would create a sock to argue with? He is a complete nut job I grant you, but that might be a step to far even for a cocksucker like him.

Think about it for a bit, if you want to dominate the conversation, derail the thread, scroll detractors of the screen ... that's what a fuckwit shill would do.

It's him alright. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Randorm said:

It's him alright

Not sure who is the biggest nutter, Junkie Jack or Randorm, talk about conspiracy theorists totally deluded by their 2 minutes of fame  whilst posting their latest missive.

Fascinated by WGWarburton’s take on things.

On 6/4/2021 at 12:17 PM, WGWarburton said:

here's not much to report from where I am... News is heavily covid focussed and there's nothing much happening politically: Scotland has voted for a future referendum but no-one really wants it right now, England is a one-party state, Wales is marking time and NI is simmering...

Isn’t that’s basically been the status quo for the last 30 years. For all the drama you guys have given even the must mundane of things, as predicted over and over again here by yours truely, the world will just adapt and move on bar the few Remainers left who will continue to wonder how they lost the referendum for the rest of their lives.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:
21 hours ago, Randorm said:

It's him alright

Not sure who is the biggest nutter, Junkie Jack or Randorm, talk about conspiracy theorists totally deluded by their 2 minutes of fame  whilst posting their latest missive.

Aaaaaand there is the proof.

He took the time to delete the incriminating text in the quote!

Fuck you are a dumb cunt.

tenor.gif

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Randorm said:

Aaaaaand there is the proof.

He took the time to delete the incriminating text in the quote!

Fuck you are a dumb cunt.

tenor.gif

 

For a new poster to arrive on this thread who is reviled and pilloried by so many on other threads, to have to rename his own non de plume because he had been flicked, I think I’ll stick to my previous assumption, that of yet another conspiracy theorist nutter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/4/2021 at 1:17 PM, WGWarburton said:

The silence is because the cards have been dealt... the arguments can start up again once the hands are revealed. 

Oh the hands are revealing itself, financially UK is loosing, EU is loosing way less. And still a lot of Brexit has to be implemented like border controls, UKCA etc. NI still a problem. TA signed absolutely minimal in consequences.
But souverignity...

It is now all boring financial stuff etc, not interesting for most voters. Express does publish daily a lot of anti EU material though...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, LeoV said:

Oh the hands are revealing itself,

................. no they don't

 

Leo it's all turning into a bloody joke. 

That dickhead from wetherspoons, one of the most vocal and publicized brexshitteers, is now calling for more EU immigration to keep his shitty pubs going.  

More and more asylum seekers from the middle East are landing in Dover, with Camp commandant Patel unable to stop them while ligit EU travelers end up in holding cells and being kicked out of the country.

Oh we will not mention that in begging for a trade deal with India 10's of thousands of Indians were allowed to travel back to UK before it became a red flag country.  Now they have an explosion of Indian variant Covid to deal with. 

No more news from the deceased fishing or agriculture businesses.

The hospitality businesses are crying out for qualified staff of which there is now approx. 100K+ shortage.

Whoopty fucking dooo .. we have a trade agreement with ......... Lichtenstein.

And what do you hear  ................. zip, nada, niente, nothing.  Keep your mouth shut, bend to the whims of Blojo Johnson and his cronies, and carry on.

 

Wayne is right, the world has moved on and UK ltd. won't go bust just yet!

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

So it is revealing, but not of interest of UK media or voters ? Even the younger ones ? Denial will only last a limited time. But at least a few years.

The EU is not letting the UK of the hook.
Centralized EU UK relationship installed, no bi laterals on trade etc possible. Only on marginal stuff.
CBAM (EU carbon border tax ) is coming, in essence mainly a tax on production in Russia, UK and Turkey for the EU market.
Both never mentioned in UK press.

But I see the new corporation tax is a British invention, and BJ want to vaccinate the world as they are world beating...
Both a joke for sure.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Whilst some might think it trivial, the business of school trips from France to UK is actually a big earner. So, of course, it is now coming to a crashing halt. Most French kids have ID cards, not passports. No longer acceptable. Most schools did a single list for entry, which included other EU nationalities as well as French. No longer acceptable.

They speak English in Ireland. The ferry takes a bit longer but the teachers can visit the Guinness brewery in Dublin.

Was already leaking that way because of the common currency. Now becoming a major business.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

After October ID card not enough... one of the many rules still to come.
I told here before I have a friend arranging the travels for 10 or thousands Dutch students.
Many have passports,