hah, and now a new tiff is brewing on sausages, yes, sausages,the cornerstone of a wholesome british brekkie ... apparently not allowed to be sold anymore in NI if they come from little britain, rule going in within a month, brits saying fuck it and EU saying ok, you'll see what happens next, a clear pattern for months and years to come

• Replies 18.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack_sparrow

• LeoV

• Waynemarlow

• mad

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No way I'm going to PA. This was a top thread, now it's fucked. Thank you fucking idiots.

I was thinking for the last few days that  as a pro union lifelong Alliance voter I should respond to this post but turning on the radio this morning and hearing Mike Nesbitt made me decide to act.

Umm, that would be you.  1) You are fool (as is both evident and self-confessed) who thinks that brexit is a good idea.  2) You post nonsense that only reinforces this and believe that you a

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Albatros said:

hah, and now a new tiff is brewing on sausages, yes, sausages,the cornerstone of a wholesome british brekkie ... apparently not allowed to be sold anymore in NI if they come from little britain, rule going in within a month, brits saying fuck it and EU saying ok, you'll see what happens next, a clear pattern for months and years to come

• Like 1

Excellent explainer;
https://www.politico.eu/article/brexit-talks-northern-ireland-protocol-fight/

When new controls went live in January, many suppliers in Britain paused shipping to Northern Ireland for fear of unknown new costs and red tape. This produced short-term shortages in stores.

These trade shocks largely reflected a lack of long-term preparations by U.K. authorities, who were still updating rules online hours before new "sea border" regulations were due to go live on New Year’s Eve. The Republic of Ireland, by contrast, spent more than two years preparing for post-Brexit trade disruption.

As a result, Irish ports are already observing the full range of customs and sanitary checks on goods arriving directly from Britain. The Irish have shown that the rules of the protocol can be enforced, if there’s sufficient political will to do so.
-------------------------

In short lazy fuckwits in Westminster are to blame. UK suppliers stopped shipping to NI even when there are no controls till October. That is how much they trust the UK decisions.

A hard sausage border...

From Politico, always well sourced and not known to make stuff up.
Which MP is so stupid....long list.

E3gGu4oXwAA5nAl?format=jpg&name=small

3 hours ago, LeoV said:

From Politico, always well sourced and not known to make stuff up.
Which MP is so stupid....long list.

E3gGu4oXwAA5nAl?format=jpg&name=small

For a senile old man he seems to be going in with the right posture. “Our name is on the Good Friday Deal so don’t fuck it up. Other than that, we’ll be trying to stick it to China and Russia, so best of luck with that whole sausage fest situation…”

They used that insulting strategy for years regarding the EU, and got their Brexit. Now they expand it to the rest of the world. Success guaranteed.

Not to happy that Biden's team warned the UK officially a few days ago.
E3eGxbSX0Aog7EV?format=jpg&name=900x900

England is just waiting for the moment when the NI wake up to the fact that as they voted to Remain in the EU, they are going to have to eat Irish sausages and hope its beef and not horse such is the phytosanitary standards in the  EU.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46951855

As only 1% of goods coming in from the rest of the world is actually checked in Rotterdams ports, its sort of understandable why the NI are kicking up a bit of a fuss about the 100 % checks placed on English goods coming into NI.

Bullshit about Rotterdam, you have no clue. Anytime a Brexiteer mentions it I laugh.
As is the claim 0f 100% checked to NI from GB. Brexiteer bullshit. Sausage more important then peace.

We just do not want BSE again, and the UK no horse meat. So checks needed. As the UK agreed to in a treaty.
UK is really losing the PR game in the world, but Bojo does well in the UK. He will compromise at the last moment and claim victory. Or trade war.

Interesting - analyst @Mij_Europe thinks there’s an almost 1 in 3 chance of a trade war between UK and EU And this *could* involve tariffs, restricting access to single market for fish exports etc.

I thought BoJo would have Brexit done by now with his impressive deal. We are just in the first phase.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

England is just waiting for the moment when the NI wake up to the fact that as they voted to Remain in the EU, they are going to have to eat Irish sausages and hope its beef and not horse such is the phytosanitary standards in the  EU.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-46951855

As only 1% of goods coming in from the rest of the world is actually checked in Rotterdams ports, its sort of understandable why the NI are kicking up a bit of a fuss about the 100 % checks placed on English goods coming into NI.

I say old chap, we’re terribly sorry about the old horsemeat kerfuffle, to be sure to be sure… .

That said, sure, we fed ye horsemeat in and around 2013 but that was a hell of a lot more than the blades of grass ye fed us in black 47 so in the immortal words of Christy Moore, “tough shíte Paddy”

• Like 1

Always fascinates me the lack of foresight from our political ruling class on both sides of this argument.

Ireland is about to be kicked in the nuts by both sides sufficiently to really screw with the Irish support of the EU. It only needs the U.K. to use the same rules to inspect every shipment coming from Ireland to the U.K. to totally finish its largest market, what is it 60 % of Irish exports are to the U.K. Ireland is no longer a friend of the U.K. with all its shenanigans in the Brexit negotiations, who would care in the U.K. if that were to happen, Argentinian beef tastes better and it’s cheaper.

The EU is about to vote for a minimum 15% of tax on all those large off shore companies presently sheltering under the low tax rates of Ireland. Will they hang around in Ireland if they are going to have to pay tax in both Ireland and their home countries, not likely.

So my betting is Ireland is going to be totally shafted and all because the EU’s Brussels based mandarins wouldn’t consider a bit of pragmatism but insisted upon their rules. They have no idea of the damage they are going to inflict on Ireland.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

Always fascinates me the lack of foresight from our political ruling class on both sides of this argument.

Ireland is about to be kicked in the nuts by both sides sufficiently to really screw with the Irish support of the EU. It only needs the U.K. to use the same rules to inspect every shipment coming from Ireland to the U.K. to totally finish its largest market, what is it 60 % of Irish exports are to the U.K. Ireland is no longer a friend of the U.K. with all its shenanigans in the Brexit negotiations, who would care in the U.K. if that were to happen, Argentinian beef tastes better and it’s cheaper.

The EU is about to vote for a minimum 15% of tax on all those large off shore companies presently sheltering under the low tax rates of Ireland. Will they hang around in Ireland if they are going to have to pay tax in both Ireland and their home countries, not likely.

So my betting is Ireland is going to be totally shafted and all because the EU’s Brussels based mandarins wouldn’t consider a bit of pragmatism but insisted upon their rules. They have no idea of the damage they are going to inflict on Ireland.

Lol

How bad can it get?
I mean, it’s not like the EU are going to starve a few million of us to death or drive an armored vehicle into a crowded sports arena and open fire on us,  deny us the right to speak our own language or heavens forbid, slaughter a multitude of peaceful protesters on any given Sunday.

Nah, 

Never forget Billyboy, we Irish don’t suffer from amnesia or Stockholm syndrome so no matter how this turns out for us, it will still be better than being shackled to you lot. And furthermore,  either way this ends for us, the upshot will be that the we will participate in driving the final into the coffin of empire, soon.

The sun has set on your cursed empire and bad cess to it.

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Imho we have political ruling class and non elected bureaucrats. And small section of vocal populists. You have ruling populist class. And populism knows no foresight, only the current mood of the voters, fuck the realism.

Chris Grey;
There’s no point in finessing a basic fact: Brexiters have consistently lied about Northern Ireland (and much else besides) and the consequences are now coming back to haunt them, and all of us. They lied about what Brexit meant for Northern Ireland, and they lied about what they agreed for Northern Ireland. Johnson is the most obvious culprit, but it goes much wider than him: they almost all lied or at least misled.

SNIP..

This isn’t just dishonest, it’s also profoundly childish. Indeed, it’s not always clear that Brexiters consciously lie in the claims they make. Just as often, it seems as if they are like toddlers, oblivious to the constraints of cause and effect but having tantrums when those constraints become manifest.

https://chrisgreybrexitblog.blogspot.com/2021/06/britains-brexit-shame.html

• Like 1

So boys let’s have your thoughts on how you are going to solve the NI dilemma, that of for all intents and purposes in 2021 NI should be part of Ireland and that all funding for the bar bill that encompasses, should be paid for by EU members.

After all its the EU that’s using NI as political pawns.

9 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

Lol

How bad can it get?
I mean, it’s not like the EU are going to starve a few million of us to death or drive an armored vehicle into a crowded sports arena and open fire on us,  deny us the right to speak our own language or heavens forbid, slaughter a multitude of peaceful protesters on any given Sunday.

I'm assuming you think that's a reference to a past event.. Although it never happened, it only happened in the Michael Collins Film. Please try to get your accusations correct and learn some history.

That film is about as historically accurate as Braveheart or U571 ie not very.

37 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

So boys let’s have your thoughts on how you are going to solve the NI dilemma, that of for all intents and purposes in 2021 NI should be part of Ireland and that all funding for the bar bill that encompasses, should be paid for by EU members.

After all its the EU that’s using NI as political pawns.

It is the problem for those who decided to wreck perfectly working system. I don't shit on your front door and ask you to solve the shit dilemma.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Upp3 said:

It is the problem for those who decided to wreck perfectly working system. I don't shit on your front door and ask you to solve the shit dilemma.

Ah but it wasn't a perfectly working system, there were some 17 million people who thought otherwise.

4 hours ago, The Q said:

I'm assuming you think that's a reference to a past event.. Although it never happened, it only happened in the Michael Collins Film. Please try to get your accusations correct and learn some history.

That film is about as historically accurate as Braveheart or U571 ie not very.

I’ve no idea what you are talking about.
I made references to 4 historical facts, one of the atrocities having occurred in my lifetime.

1)
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54908852

2) 

https://www.bbc.com/news/10322295

3)

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/blair-admits-british-policy-failure-turned-famine-into-massive-human-tragedy-1.77969

4)

https://www.theirishstory.com/2018/10/11/to-extinguish-their-sinister-traditions-and-customs-the-historic-bans-on-the-legal-use-of-the-irish-and-welsh-languages/#.YMNX4S08KhA

Yes the Croke Park attack happened.. But it didn't involve a armoured car machine gunning a crowd. That was in a badly made film only.

The Royal IRISH Constabulary and their  reserves AKA "the Black and Tans" used Lee Enfield 303 rifles. A British Army Major stopped the shooting.

Please learn your History properly.

17 minutes ago, The Q said:

Yes the Croke Park attack happened.. But it didn't involve a armoured car machine gunning a crowd. That was in a badly made film only.

The Royal IRISH Constabulary and their  reserves AKA "the Black and Tans" used Lee Enfield 303 rifles. A British Army Major stopped the shooting.

Please learn your History properly.

That you nitpick an insignificant detail of the diabolical incident is very telling.

What next, the Ballymurphy massacre didn’t happen because someone got the caliber of the bullets used in that diabolical incident wrong?

Have a bit of respect and Check your cuntfuckery mate, you bullshite isn’t impressing anyone.

• Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

Have a bit of respect and Check your cuntfuckery mate, you bullshite isn’t impressing anyone.

You do realise you are harking on about incidences that were 50 odd years ago ? Very differnet times than Ireland in 2021.

You probably havent lived in Ireland for more than 40 years and your only real contact is like Fiji Bitter ( aka Junkie Jack ) that of the internet. One would think that unlike yourself, Ireland has updated and moved on in the last 40 years.

5 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

You do realise you are harking on about incidences that were 50 odd years ago ? Very differnet times than Ireland in 2021.

You probably havent lived in Ireland for more than 40 years and your only real contact is like Fiji Bitter ( aka Junkie Jack ) that of the internet. One would think that unlike yourself, Ireland has updated and moved on in the last 40 years.

Croake park was 101 years ago, 

PS I have relatives both sides of the religious divide in Ireland and have lived in NI myself..

1 minute ago, Waynemarlow said:

You do realise you are harking on about incidences that were 50 odd years ago ?

Oh, I go home every year, every year we haven’t a pandemic that is and all my family still lives there.

And yes, we’ve moved on, thanks in large part to the benefits of EU membership and in no way thanks to membership of the UK but like a fellow Irishman once said “those who don’t know history are destined to repeat it”. 

3 minutes ago, The Q said:

Croake park was 101 years ago, 

PS I have relatives both sides of the religious divide in Ireland and have lived in NI myself..

The holocaust happened 80 odd years ago, should the Jews no longer mention it?

Anyone who has a problem with an Irishman reflecting on the history of the country obviously knows little about the place because one cannot avoid being reminded of it daily in the graveyards, the  stately front entrances to the landlords mansions., the battlefields around every corner and the unmarked graves which litter the countryside filled full with the bones of those eradicated in the genocide of the 1840s-1870s

Our revenge is the laughter of our children

12 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

Anyone who has a problem with an Irishman reflecting on the history of the country obviously knows little about the place because one cannot avoid being reminded of it daily in the graveyards, the  stately front entrances to the landlords mansions., the battlefields around every corner and the unmarked graves which litter the countryside filled full with the bones of those eradicated in the genocide of the 1840s-1870s

How long can a man have a chip on his shoulder, an awful long time apparently. But Ireland is such a wonderful place that he upped sticks and left as soon as he was old enough.

1 hour ago, Sea warrior said:

The irish land lords who were bankrupted by the tenants refusal to pay rents even before the famine. 

You should also realize that the corn import laws which kept food prices high were supported by the east Irish farmers. Also the vast amounts of money that were poured into Ireland to support the locals during the famine.  The roads to nowhere built in the west to give work to the poor. Yes they were incompetent and it wasn't enough, but it wasn't deliberate genocide.

Ireland like parts of the Hebrides and Highlands of Scotland was over populated dependant on one crop. Potatoes. Irish  Inheritance laws kept subdividing the land  leaving more and more people on smaller and smaller plots Something had to happen, unfortunately it was crop failure and the death of many people.

Your knowledge of Irish history is particularly one sided no appreciable knowledge other than "republican" history. No mention of the 13 killed by the IRA on the same day as Croke park. 

Where as I know something of both sides..

On 6/8/2021 at 10:25 PM, Sea warrior said:

Meanwhile back in nutterville..

Take for instance this.  While it is technically correct, it doesn't mention the Blackshirts marching in London pre war , ( and similar in the USA , pre trumpers?) it doesn't mention the thousands of irish volunteers who crossed the Irish sea to fight with honour in the British army against the nazis.

Those volunteers were later persecuted by the Irish state by denial of benefits to them and their descendants right up to the 1990s.

As for De Valera not involving Ireland with WW2 it was not surprising he was struggling to keep the country together after the civil war. He was in no position to involve Ireland..

He could have sat on hands instead of signing the book of Hitler's condolences though.

I fully expect a united Ireland within my lifetime as the projected Catholic population of NI exceeds that of the Protestant.

They at least will get a free vote on it. Unlike the the voters in the 1918 election where outside the big population centres anyone likely to vote for a unionist party was visited or sent a letter by "the boys" and told if they went to vote they'd be lucky to get home alive ..

The forced split caused by the IRA  and the Carson led unionists. The pointless 1919 resurrection when there was already a passed bill giving  Ireland independence, excluding the six counties for a temporary period, just reinforced the norths Protestant population they didn't want to be associated with the violent south and has delayed reunification for a century.

5 hours ago, The Q said:

The irish land lords who were bankrupted by the tenants refusal to pay rents even before the famine. 

You should also realize that the corn import laws which kept food prices high were supported by the east Irish farmers. Also the vast amounts of money that were poured into Ireland to support the locals during the famine.  The roads to nowhere built in the west to give work to the poor. Yes they were incompetent and it wasn't enough, but it wasn't deliberate genocide.

Ireland like parts of the Hebrides and Highlands of Scotland was over populated dependant on one crop. Potatoes. Irish  Inheritance laws kept subdividing the land  leaving more and more people on smaller and smaller plots Something had to happen, unfortunately it was crop failure and the death of many people.

Your knowledge of Irish history is particularly one sided no appreciable knowledge other than "republican" history. No mention of the 13 killed by the IRA on the same day as Croke park. 

Where as I know something of both sides..

Take for instance this.  While it is technically correct, it doesn't mention the Blackshirts marching in London pre war , ( and similar in the USA , pre trumpers?) it doesn't mention the thousands of irish volunteers who crossed the Irish sea to fight with honour in the British army against the nazis.

Those volunteers were later persecuted by the Irish state by denial of benefits to them and their descendants right up to the 1990s.

As for De Valera not involving Ireland with WW2 it was not surprising he was struggling to keep the country together after the civil war. He was in no position to involve Ireland..

He could have sat on hands instead of signing the book of Hitler's condolences though.

I fully expect a united Ireland within my lifetime as the projected Catholic population of NI exceeds that of the Protestant.

They at least will get a free vote on it. Unlike the the voters in the 1918 election where outside the big population centres anyone likely to vote for a unionist party was visited or sent a letter by "the boys" and told if they went to vote they'd be lucky to get home alive ..

The forced split caused by the IRA  and the Carson led unionists. The pointless 1919 resurrection when there was already a passed bill giving  Ireland independence, excluding the six counties for a temporary period, just reinforced the norths Protestant population they didn't want to be associated with the violent south and has delayed reunification for a century.

A whole lot of stupid in this effort. You are obviously a product of the English educational system and if not they would be proud of your “achievements”

I’ll entertain putting forth a rebuttal but I think your post speaks unintended volumes by itself.

Like a donkey at cheltenham you trip over yourself right out the gate.

The landlords in Ireland were the landed British not “Irish landlords” they were English thieves.

The “East irish farmers” were not Irish, they were, you guessed it, British thieves.

“The vast amount of money which poured into Ireland” didn’t come from the the British government, it came from the likes of native Americans and whatnots who shared what little they had with us.  
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/05/world/coronavirus-ireland-native-american-tribes.html

The Turks tried to help but queen cunt put pay to the effort 

https://www.irishcentral.com/roots/history/generous-turkish-aid-irish-great-hunger

“At a time when Ireland was enduring the terrible loss of a million dead and the mass exodus of a million more during the Great Hunger, the story goes that the Ottoman Sultan, Khaleefah Abdul-Majid I, declared his intention to send £10,000 to aid Ireland's farmers. However, Queen Victoria intervened and requested that the Sultan send only £1,000 because she had sent only £2,000 herself.”

the British  did little but obstruct those who tried to help.

The “roads to nowhere “ as you so ignorantly put it were a too little too late “ effort after the population were too weak and emaciated  to stand on their feet let alone do hard labor. Think about how absurdly dumb that was. 
And when the diabolicals in the UK government did organize soup kitchens they were under staffed and under supplied and the “soup” was nothing more than cabbage water or some such.

There is so much wrong with your post that I could write volumes contradicting it but it’s been a long hot day and I’m exhausted so I’ll leave you with this ..

Under the guise of laissez-faire Trevelyan seized the opportunity to put an end to “the Irish question” once and for all.

From Wiki 

“Trevelyan's most enduring mark on history may be the "quasi" genocidal anti-Irish racial sentiment he expressed during his term in the critical position of administrating relief for the millions of Irish peasants suffering under the potato blight as Assistant Secretary to HM Treasury (1840–1859) under the Whigadministration of Lord Russell.[2]

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

How long can a man have a chip on his shoulder, an awful long time apparently. But Ireland is such a wonderful place that he upped sticks and left as soon as he was old enough.

How long can a man have a chip on his shoulder you ask?

I say, until the cross of St. Patrick is removed from the butchers apron.

As to upping sticks, I just stepped out for a pack of fags…

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

As to upping sticks, I just stepped out for a pack of fags…

Sounds a bit like my Scottish friends, moved to England straight after Uni, met a fellow Scot at work, married, bought houses in England, had children who went to school in England, had successful careers doing very well for themselves in England and now having spent their entire adult lives since leaving school living in England, are fervent Scots who will not have a word said about the Scots other than what their parents taught them.

Odd for so educated people that history of 100 years ago still dominates their lives in so many ways despite having had such a quality of life in the very laps of the people their fore fathers hated so much.

One of the UK’s problems is that nostalgia for past glories tends to swamp its present identity. Brexit Britain is discovering that it has little influence and less power to solve the world’s big problems—such as tackling climate change, fighting terrorism, preventing future pandemics, standing up to China, and taxing big, footloose technology companies.

All in all, the days of exaggerated self-importance are finally over. A more modest Britain is on its way. Gradually, that reality is likely to sink in. It could change the way Britain, as a nation, thinks and acts; and very possibly for the better. This was not what Johnson and his fellow Brexiters intended, but it could be their most valuable legacy.

https://carnegieeurope.eu/strategiceurope/84626

• Like 3

Gosh and I thought that as we voted to leave the EU, voted to tighten immigration, voted to bring more manufacturing back to the U.K. and voted for the U.K. to be less global but more U.K. that one would assume that the U.K. would be smaller and more compact in its dealings in the world. 

I guess only LeoV and Peter Kellner thought otherwise.

5 minutes ago, MiddayGun said:

Some of you guys seem to be taking this shit really personally.
Relax, summers here, get outside, go sailing, the weathers nice. ffs.

Careful... you'll get us started on climate change with careless talk like that.

1 hour ago, Waynemarlow said:

Gosh and I thought that as we voted to leave the EU, voted to tighten immigration, voted to bring more manufacturing back to the U.K. and voted for the U.K. to be less global but more U.K. that one would assume that the U.K. would be smaller and more compact in its dealings in the world. 

I guess only LeoV and Peter Kellner thought otherwise.

So this is the first time we hear from you what you expected of brexit.

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, gewoon ik said:

So this is the first time we hear from you what you expected of brexit.

Far from it, just you guys have been so into the Guardian and political anti Brexit views of the chattering glitterati sitting in their glass towers and cozy worlds, that you have failed to notice the obvious.

• Downvote 1
5 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Sounds a bit like my Scottish friends, moved to England straight after Uni, met a fellow Scot at work, married, bought houses in England, had children who went to school in England, had successful careers doing very well for themselves in England and now having spent their entire adult lives since leaving school living in England, are fervent Scots who will not have a word said about the Scots other than what their parents taught them.

Odd for so educated people that history of 100 years ago still dominates their lives in so many ways despite having had such a quality of life in the very laps of the people their fore fathers hated so much.

very similar indeed, except, I went to the us after uni for a vacation, met a girl got married had a kid and a house.

Then she stepped out for a pack of fags….

Lol

• Downvote 1
6 hours ago, LeoV said:

One of the UK’s problems is that nostalgia for past glories tends to swamp its present identity. Brexit Britain is discovering that it has little influence and less power to solve the world’s big problems—such as tackling climate change, fighting terrorism, preventing future pandemics, standing up to China, and taxing big, footloose technology companies.

All in all, the days of exaggerated self-importance are finally over. A more modest Britain is on its way. Gradually, that reality is likely to sink in. It could change the way Britain, as a nation, thinks and acts; and very possibly for the better. This was not what Johnson and his fellow Brexiters intended, but it could be their most valuable legacy.

https://carnegieeurope.eu/strategiceurope/84626

Aside from reunification, this is the second biggest dividend of Brexit/the post colonial world as we know it.

The UK was always a historical pain in the hole for Ireland.

The British took us from being “the land of saints and scholars” to the land of potato foraging bogtrotters. 
But those days are over and we will be able to stand on our merits going forward without the ability of our perfidious neighbor taking a shíte on us.

Ironically, given the new found world position of the UK in general and England in particular, a Union of the isles would be much more feasible and equitable now given the relative strength of the Irish (including diaspora)  and relative weakness of the English.

Us paddies and the jocks would be better able to leverage power in a Union.

And no, no , no, I’m not suggesting any such thing as a reunion of the UK and Ireland, just hypothesizing 

lol

You may jest but think it through, on one hand 60% loss of exports, your main tax payers moving on, with the EU you’ve drained the unlimited sponsorship to your bar bill and now you’re expected to put your hands into your pockets and cough up to pay for England’s share.

On the other hand a reunited Ireland that is amicable with its main export market, no need to put ones hands into its pockets to pay for the wayward profligacy of the European brethren and trade flowing on equivalence terms. 

I know which hand I’d take.

It was a nice day to be active, now instead of watching boring sports I indulge in politics.
----------------

Johnson subsequently met for talks with German Chancellor Angela Merkel and jointly with EU leaders — Commission President Ursula von der Leyen and Council President Charles Michel.

Referring to Frost at one point, Johnson, reportedly said: “He’s not the tough one. I am.”  

The meeting, which included the three leaders plus four advisers on each side was tense, the senior official said, with Johnson complaining about the Northern Ireland Protocol by rattling off statistics about customs controls that the EU side regarded as unverifiable.

“The known positions were reiterated,” the senior official said, adding, that the EU was simply insisting the U.K. adhere to the Withdrawal Agreement and the trade accord.

https://www.politico.eu/article/boris-johnson-northern-ireland-g7-brexit-biden/

BoJo is a mix between Trump and Basil Fawlty in Cornwall. Unverifiable in politics is code for a lie.

One side of the story is that it is a pain in the ass for the EU, for as long as a BoJo type is PM till NI vote to stay in the SM in a few years, on the other hand UK is really making itself looking stupid and untrustworthy. Just like his personality it seems.

A wonderful quote from Ursula Van de Leyen today … “ the Brexit agreement was written in English so they could understand it “

• Like 3
9 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

You may jest but think it through, on one hand 60% loss of exports, your main tax payers moving on, with the EU you’ve drained the unlimited sponsorship to your bar bill and now you’re expected to put your hands into your pockets and cough up to pay for England’s share.

On the other hand a reunited Ireland that is amicable with its main export market, no need to put ones hands into its pockets to pay for the wayward profligacy of the European brethren and trade flowing on equivalence terms. 

I know which hand I’d take.

Firstly, I doubt very much if Ireland will experience anything like a 60% decline in exports and even if such a catastrophic event should occur we’d find ways to survive, after all, we’ve survived 4-500 odd years of British skulduggery.

Secondly, there will be a United Ireland and we will have amicable relations with the UK because like it or not, the UK needs Ireland just as much as Ireland needs the UK.

Thirdly, the UK isn’t our biggest export market, we’ve moved on. The wooden shoes and krauts are nearly as important an export market to Ireland as the UK is.

Like I’ve said,We've moved on since empire and it’s worked out swimmingly for us, you lot should give it a go.

• Like 2

On NI, a Unionist critique going beyond slogans and rhetoric (one of the authors is a former UUP MLA):

Nineteenth-century Prussian chief of the general staff Helmuth von Moltke declared, ‘No plan survives contact with the enemy’. Only weeks after the end of the Brexit transition period on 31 December 2020, plans for handling Brexit in Northern Ireland (NI) have been bruised by contact with reality.

https://www.economicsobservatory.com/how-is-brexit-affecting-northern-irelands-economy

And SPF and ROO are not bonkers, they have to be checked at a border.
https://theconversation.com/why-are-british-sausages-being-blocked-from-entry-into-northern-ireland-the-dispute-explained-

UK choose non tariff trade with EU but controls in the Irish Sea. They could have gone No Deal and the same or even more checks needed at land border in Ireland. Bojo making a fuss about before G7 makes sure they know the UK is still bonkers. They are your natural allies in a world divided in political blocks who uses trade as power (as ever in history).

• Like 1
On 6/11/2021 at 5:30 PM, Waynemarlow said:

Ah but it wasn't a perfectly working system, there were some 17 million people who thought otherwise.

not to mention millions in the EU that wished they could do it as well...

On 6/13/2021 at 2:41 AM, Sea warrior said:

Secondly, there will be a United Ireland and we will have amicable relations with the UK because like it or not, the UK needs Ireland just as much as Ireland needs the UK.

As to Ireland wanting amicable relations with the UK, well we did have a habit of bailing Irelands fiscal irresponsibility out on a repeated number of occassions, but can you imagine that happpening now that Leo Veradka pissed so repeatedly on Boris's lap, no chance for probably a few decades. The EU is so cash strapped that Ireland is going to have to dig deep in its pockets over the coming years to take up some of the slack of the northern EU countries who previously had been the cash cows. LeoV seems to be short on answers on just how much for example the Netherlands is going to have to dig into their burgeois lifestyle to fund the Irish when they fail .

So give me a clue on how you propose that Ireland having reintegrated NI, will in the short term take full financial responsibility for its citizens ? Certainly us English taxpayers will want to wash our hands of NI, it is now holding the other 64 million people of the UK back in all manner of ways particularly in our relationship with the EU ( talk about the EU bureaucracy shooting itself in the foot by using NI as a lever of power ). Its 2021 and if a majority vote to reunite Ireland then I'm all for that. 

Why would ireland fail? It seems that every other country has money problems and only england has money in excess and is funding the complete world.

A lot of regions in england seems more likely to fail, but don't mention it, than it isn't true.

1 hour ago, gewoon ik said:

Why would ireland fail?

Ah just maybe those lovely American big tech companies who have been a major contributor to your slush funds are about to move on and you are insisting that 20 % of all border checks in the EU takes place in a country that is not even part of your country yet.

Mind you Macron seems to think NI is already part of Eire, so I can see the confusion of the ruling elite of the EU. Imperialist land grabbing or what, tssk if only they knew how much of a favour they are doing for Boris ;).

Boris claims in Brussel most NATO members support UK line on Protocol. Fr/EU disagree. PM says in Bxl:” I think most people around the table understand the vital importance of a country looking after the territorial integrity of that country. That’s one of the things NATO is there to do.”

Not true on support, he is a fraud. And it shows he failed to understand or read the GFA and now the Washington Treaty and the Helsinki Final Act also. He really is a clown.

That Macron story is like Bojo in his best journalist days, it did not happen as Bojo describes.

NI, separate identity from economics and it is easy.
Spain has a customs border between the Canaries and the Spanish mainland. This is far and above the NI protocol.
Likewise, France has internal borders with French Guyana (+ Vax border+ Hard SPS border to prevent the accidental introduction of invasive species). Åland archipelago has a special status with Finland & 
EU.
List goes on.. Australia, Canada, US have internal borders.
Then see what happens in Gibraltar...EU customs on UK soil deciding who comes in.. and no word about souverignity...

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

As to Ireland wanting amicable relations with the UK, well we did have a habit of bailing Irelands fiscal irresponsibility out on a repeated number of occassions, but can you imagine that happpening now that Leo Veradka pissed so repeatedly on Boris's lap, no chance for probably a few decades. The EU is so cash strapped that Ireland is going to have to dig deep in its pockets over the coming years to take up some of the slack of the northern EU countries who previously had been the cash cows. LeoV seems to be short on answers on just how much for example the Netherlands is going to have to dig into their burgeois lifestyle to fund the Irish when they fail .

So give me a clue on how you propose that Ireland having reintegrated NI, will in the short term take full financial responsibility for its citizens ? Certainly us English taxpayers will want to wash our hands of NI, it is now holding the other 64 million people of the UK back in all manner of ways particularly in our relationship with the EU ( talk about the EU bureaucracy shooting itself in the foot by using NI as a lever of power ). Its 2021 and if a majority vote to reunite Ireland then I'm all for that. 

you seem to be confused again, England never bailed Ireland out you silly sausage.

The UK gave Ireland a loan which Ireland paid back with interest, a loan Ireland tried to pay back early but the UK chose to refuse early repayment, seeking to capitalize on the generous interest it collected.instead.

No, that’s not a bailout, a bail out is when a country gets itself into trouble financially and or militarily and can’t afford to stand on its own and needs creative pacts with other countries to “lend and lease” interest free for decades and decades.

I hope that clarifies things a little for ya.

Lol

• Like 3
17 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Ah just maybe those lovely American big tech companies who have been a major contributor to your slush funds are about to move on and you are insisting that 20 % of all border checks in the EU takes place in a country that is not even part of your country yet.

Mind you Macron seems to think NI is already part of Eire, so I can see the confusion of the ruling elite of the EU. Imperialist land grabbing or what, tssk if only they knew how much of a favour they are doing for Boris ;).

so the big US tech companies you speak of moving on. To where? Outside EU? 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, gewoon ik said:

So how is it with you cheap stuff you now import from china.

Along with every other country in the world, probably kick the ruling elites missives into touch or commerce will just side step and find other routes in. It will never happen, the world is just too reliant on Chinese manufacturing of cheap components. As the saying goes, shutting the stable door long after the horse has bolted.

Interestingly for all the doom mongers amongst you, it looks as though importing stuff from the EU is back in full flow much as it was before Brexit. Brought some batteries in from Spain, 3 days they were on my door and at a good price, cheaper than China. Can't explain that other than supply and demand, when you've got excess stock you want to get them out to your clients as fast as you can.

An idiot orders 3 batteries and concludes EU UK trade is as before Brexit.... duh.

An idiot talks at NATO that NATO should stand by the UK if the EU attacks NI, he expects Germany, France and Italy will help him. Really, that is how much BJ knows what the NATO does. What a lunatic.

An idiot got an advantage in getting AZ quicker due to greed and got the EU angry, 6 week advantage and pondered it as it is now levelling up between UK and comparable EU countries, Dutch 6 days behind now. And still accelerating. While UK still has double the deaths. And infection rising when last year nicer weather brought it down.
Oh and want to visit from the UK, quarantine please, 10 days.

But he secured an almost worthless trade deal with AUS, while the EU and US are solving a much more important tariff war over Boeing/Airbus. Bet he will wave TimTams soon in front of a camera.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Along with every other country in the world, probably kick the ruling elites missives into touch or commerce will just side step and find other routes in. It will never happen, the world is just too reliant on Chinese manufacturing of cheap components. As the saying goes, shutting the stable door long after the horse has bolted.

Interestingly for all the doom mongers amongst you, it looks as though importing stuff from the EU is back in full flow much as it was before Brexit. Brought some batteries in from Spain, 3 days they were on my door and at a good price, cheaper than China. Can't explain that other than supply and demand, when you've got excess stock you want to get them out to your clients as fast as you can.

I am working in the maritime industry and we had fear about brexit. A lot of stuff comes from the UK. But it seems a lot of stuff have/had (don't know) a headquarter in the UK and production in the EU. So good, no delay. Or we found an alternative. Time is still money in the repairbusiness, so for 2 days customdelay you can buy a whole lot of alternatives.

And my clients from the UK are using us a semi-warehouse and repairs (even in the extent they sail from Belfast al the way to Ghent) because it takes to much time in the UK and/or is too expensive. So good for us.

Rolls Royce is now Kongsberg, so even more delay (because bigger does not mean better, but that is unrelated in brexit this shitmess) 

Looks like you soap dodgers have a free trade deal with us down here. Soon you will be able to enjoy truly great wine at an affordable price. So much better than that French shite you used to have to drink.

Hi Jack :) 

1 hour ago, Bored Stiff said:

You are a very bitter and angry man. Are you Jack in disguise?? 

No, just an idiot from the Netherlands.

1 hour ago, Waynemarlow said:

No, just an idiot from the Netherlands.

There’s a potential joke in there somewhere about Wee William Of Orange but I can’t seem to put words to it.

lol

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

There’s a potential joke in there somewhere about Wee William Of Orange but I can’t seem to put words to it.

You do realize that Willem was smart enough to become the only person to conquer the UK, largerly peacefully too. With the help of God I might add...

Also, the Orangists had a lasting influence on Northern Island, I'm afraid. Where do you think Edwin Poots family came from? 

Anyway, better to sing about the dunes of the North Sea than the banks of the Ocean, methinks (nice song nevertheless).

Jacques Brel, a Belgium sailor and one of the greatest French chansonnier's, with the "Flat Country".

English translation of Le plat pays by Jacques Brel
With the North Sea as the last vacant land
And waves of dunes to stop the waves
And the waves of rock that the swells
And who have ever had a heart of low maree
With endless mists to come
With the east wind listen to him hold
The flat country that is mine
With cathedrals for unique mountains
And black bell towers like the masts of cocagne
Or stone Devils cross the clouds
With the thread of days for single trip
And rain paths for one good evening
With the West Wind listen to him want
With a sky so low that a canal is lost
With a sky so low that it makes humility
With a sky so gray that a channel was hung
With a sky so gray you have to forgive him
With the wind from the North that comes to drift away
With the north wind listen to him crack
With Italy coming down the Scheldt
With Frida the blonde when she becomes Margot
When the Sons of November return to us in May
When the plain is smoking and trembling under July
When the wind is to laugh when the wind is to ble
When the wind is to the South hear him sing
The flat country that is mine.
17 hours ago, LeoV said:

An idiot orders 3 batteries and concludes EU UK trade is as before Brexit.... duh.

An idiot talks at NATO that NATO should stand by the UK if the EU attacks NI, he expects Germany, France and Italy will help him. Really, that is how much BJ knows what the NATO does. What a lunatic.

An idiot got an advantage in getting AZ quicker due to greed and got the EU angry, 6 week advantage and pondered it as it is now levelling up between UK and comparable EU countries, Dutch 6 days behind now. And still accelerating. While UK still has double the deaths. And infection rising when last year nicer weather brought it down.
Oh and want to visit from the UK, quarantine please, 10 days.

But he secured an almost worthless trade deal with AUS, while the EU and US are solving a much more important tariff war over Boeing/Airbus. Bet he will wave TimTams soon in front of a camera.

What you can do best - you do the most ;-)

3 hours ago, Fiji Bitter said:

You do realize that Willem was smart enough to become the only person to conquer the UK, largerly peacefully too. With the help of God I might add...

Also, the Orangists had a lasting influence on Northern Island, I'm afraid. Where do you think Edwin Poots family came from? 

Anyway, better to sing about the dunes of the North Sea than the banks of the Ocean, methinks (nice song nevertheless).

Jacques Brel, a Belgium sailor and one of the greatest French chansonnier's, with the "Flat Country".

English translation of Le plat pays by Jacques Brel
With the North Sea as the last vacant land
And waves of dunes to stop the waves
And the waves of rock that the swells
And who have ever had a heart of low maree
With endless mists to come
With the east wind listen to him hold
With cathedrals for unique mountains
And black bell towers like the masts of cocagne
Or stone Devils cross the clouds
With the thread of days for single trip
And rain paths for one good evening
With the West Wind listen to him want
With a sky so low that a canal is lost
With a sky so low that it makes humility
With a sky so gray that a channel was hung
With a sky so gray you have to forgive him
With the wind from the North that comes to drift away
With the north wind listen to him crack
With Italy coming down the Scheldt
With Frida the blonde when she becomes Margot
When the Sons of November return to us in May
When the plain is smoking and trembling under July
When the wind is to laugh when the wind is to ble
When the wind is to the South hear him sing
The flat country that is mine.

I thought Junkie Jack had been flicked for persistent bad form and yet here he is in his Fiji Bitter non de plume, the pull of the fix of a post on SA just too much to resist.

Now that is truely an addicts behaviour.

• Like 1
On 6/14/2021 at 12:23 PM, LeoV said:

Australia, Canada, US have internal borders.

Please explain? I have just crossed the USA twice for an aircraft delivery and noticed no border of any kind. Am I missing something?

Also once in Canada, I didn't notice anything like a border in there either, but I haven't been across the whole thing.

It is a lot of foodstuff related issues. Like in Cali, human and pets. Google it, easy to find.
UK says sausages more important than troubles, actually inflaming them. Over something petty as a sausage.
Which will come from Australia soon, as the deal they signed is great for AUS, less so for UK.
Everything for a photo opp I suppose.

3 hours ago, kent_island_sailor said:

Please explain? I have just crossed the USA twice for an aircraft delivery and noticed no border of any kind. Am I missing something?

Also once in Canada, I didn't notice anything like a border in there either, but I haven't been across the whole thing.

If you drive into California from Arizona on the I40 you will be stopped at the border and your vehicle checked for any animal or plant products. You won't have to show ID, normally, but phytosanitary checks are required, as on the GB/NI border. It is the California Border Protection Station (CBPS) and there are 16 of them around the state borders.

44 minutes ago, hump101 said:

If you drive into California from Arizona on the I40 you will be stopped at the border and your vehicle checked for any animal or plant products. You won't have to show ID, normally, but phytosanitary checks are required, as on the GB/NI border. It is the California Border Protection Station (CBPS) and there are 16 of them around the state borders.

That explains it, I was about a mile over their heads. Not quite the same as a customs border, more like not spreading crop pests.

That light touch is how it is now, but UK screaming it is unfair. And it is the UK doing the checks, not EU.
Compare the Swiss EU border infrastructure and the GB NI.. a huge difference.

5 hours ago, LeoV said:

Which will come from Australia soon, as the deal they signed is great for AUS, less so for UK.
Everything for a photo opp I suppose.

The U.K. is a net importer of food. It now doesn’t care where that comes from as long as it meets UK standards. If Irish beef is more expensive and of the same end quality as say Australian and it meets U.K. standards, then yup you guessed it the consumer is going to buy Australian. 

Home grown produce is pretty much guaranteed a place on the table  with both supermarkets and consumers demanding British sourced goods. It’s only that extra amount the U.K. suppliers can’t meet that is going to be divided up by the rest of the world.

If the EU insists on its present path of wanting burdensome checks on goods crossing the Irish Sea then it’s only a matter of time before the same checks are placed on goods coming from NI and Ireland.

Right now I would not be wanting to be an Irish beef farmer as you are just about to see your best market disappear in a bureaucratic bitch fight led by your beloved Brussels and not Eire.

At least Jack will be happy he was so concerned the Brits would run out of meat and all starve...oh that was 18 months ago...
Now they will have so much they can export it

Sure, but there’s more to the story than simply we can no longer get EU workers to work for shit wages to maximise our profits because there’s an unlimited supply of EU workers. 

One thing for sure you’re going to see story after story on the Beeb all saying we can’t get labour ( to work for pennies ) and we can’t get skilled labour to work our machines, but where in the last 20 years have these same firms paid young workers to train and where have they paid the genuine rate rather than simply employ EU transient workers. 

I’m all for the labour market to be radically changed, the telephone salesman, the city banker, the solicitor are going to have to pay a premium for the builder to work on their houses and the health worker to wipe their arses when they are sick and it’s not before time.

SAUSAGES LATEST: The U.K. has officially requested a three-month delay before an EU-required ban on chilled meat shipments from Britain to Northern Ireland comes into force under the terms of the Brexit trade protocol, my POLITICO colleague Shawn Pogatchnik reports. However, the EU suggested it would consider the request only if Britain implements the Northern Ireland protocol in full.
Source Politico.
---------------------
With extensions in every field except keeping EU FOM, Brexit is proven not to be done... why the hell did they not asked for an extension for the whole deal in Covid time... oh wait, empty promises is the core of get Brexit done.
And now Poots gone too...

• Like 1

Frost was speaking at annual Germany-UK Königswinter Conference; comments from the German Ambassador to separate politics, identity and NIP got a rebuke from Frost. UK wants to keep it politically. Suits them.

Frost : "We are spending hundreds of millions on operating the Protocol, and that is the source of the problems, so we take no lectures on this. I am afraid the idea that we could take the politics out of Northern Ireland and the Protocol is not exactly realistic." Telegraph.
---------
And from 2 days ago;
Frost disputes the EU figure that an SPS agreement would dispense with 80pc of agrifood checks and controls on goods crossing the Irish Sea. Says that is "their figure". Frost says there is "a limited value" in the UK testing the figures as they don't intend to dynamically align.
Connelly
----------------
So any solution the EU presents is contra to Brexit. And to be discarded.

So even in the absence of Jack, the drivel continues...

Well, the US has done it's part to help out;  putting Biden, Schumer and Pelosi in office will handicap us for a few years, much like with Carter, Byrd, and O'Neil before them, do try to fix your messes quickly, we'd rather not join you in suffering any longer than needed to help you guys out.

The coming stagflation will allow require the competitive devaluation of currencies and the regulatory equivalent of driving up the costs of imports. Pity that so many of the European nations have eschewed manufacturing and basic agriculture and materials conversion industries while increasing their population densities.

The cessation of US domestic petroleum exploration and cancellation of pipelines will drive world energy prices upwards, but with all that green energy Europe should not be inconvenienced too much.

it's 1976 all over again. Enjoy the ride.

AZ court case, judge did not see evidence of UK preferential treatment has an effect on EU contract.
And that AZ gets time to deliver a reasonable amount.
Deliver 55 M in 3 months and 2 weeks.
That is close to the amount they delivered so far in 6 months. And only from the factories mentioned in the contract...including the UK ones.

In detail;
26 July 15 million doses
23 Augustus  25 million
27 September 15 million doses.
Fine of 10 Euro per missed one.

On top of the doses already in the pipeline, so a total of 80 Million.

https://www.nu.nl/economie/6140381/astrazeneca-krijgt-van-rechter-meer-tijd-om-vaccins-aan-de-eu-te-leveren

Off course it is less then the EU asked for, who asked for the max amount in the contract, as you do.
So that will be the spin of the Brexity media in the UK, if they mention it et all.

AZ and EU welcomed the result. So probably a fair judge.

• Like 1

And yep, RW press declaring EU lost and AZ won, by only reading AZ press release..

In short;
EU didn't get all it wanted, but AstraZeneca was found at serious fault: "faute lourde". Not using the British factory had "significant damaging repercussions" that were "predictable" and "for the benefit of third parties, in disregard of its contractual obligations".

This ruling was only over whether AstraZeneca had to speed up vaccine deliveries.
And that is a yes.

Next to the 80 M before end September AstraZeneca will remain bound to do its best to deliver 300 million doses to the EU, without a precise timetable, and a new hearing is to be held in September when compliance with the contract will be assessed again, the ruling said.

The ruling said that AstraZeneca may have committed a serious breach of the contract by reserving Oxford BioMedica's output for the British market. However a final decision on this will be made in a second legal case.

----------------------------
But actually the amount of doses to be delivered is not important as Pfizer stepped up. The ruling AstraZeneca was found at serious fault is.

I see the Poots got the boots. Lol

The glorious DUP are in disarray.

Thats the trouble with cults, once they lose their cult leader they invariably disintegrate .

”Never, Never, Never, Neverrrrrr!!”

• Like 2
22 hours ago, LeoV said:

Next to the 80 M before end September AstraZeneca will remain bound to do its best to deliver 300 million doses to the EU, without a precise timetable, and a new hearing is to be held in September when compliance with the contract will be assessed again, the ruling said.

Isn’t this all a bit academic and just legal speak. AZ have already delivered 70M of the 80M, the EU reduced their firm orders from 300M to 100M due to scareing the ferk out of everyone with the consequent low up take and now sit on 20M as unused stock, I guess they will donate it to Covax about two days before the expiry date and proclaim they are hero’s knowing full well they can never be dispensed.

I notice that you haven’t mentioned the rise in heart inflammation of young men from the Pfizer / Moderna vaccines, will the EU now be back on AZ when that scares the bejesus out of all the 16- 24 year olds.

https://www.reuters.com/world/us/cdc-heart-inflammation-cases-ages-16-24-higher-than-expected-after-mrna-covid-19-2021-06-10/

Not academic.

Belgian court: here is our decision (in French). British press: we can't read French but we (AZ) won.

AZ was found in breach of contract. While UK cabinet minster said AZ was 100% in its right and a PM who supported that. With a slew of MP's attacking the EU. Shows they lied or are not that smart.

And someone talks BS again, now at 66M, only 50 M delivered till a few weeks ago, now AZ suddenly delivers more. When averages and maximums before where way lower. Probably they did see the court case not gong their way.
AZ has now a fixed schedule or pay, their choice.
Judges must have looked at production in EU and UK of AZ and went for a reasonable amount to deliver. And AZ is delivering already.
The law case was talked about by other Pharma in talks with the EU and so all extra EU produced Pfizer went to the EU, non to the UK. Now at 236 M. Next week 100 M more and staying around that level.

This law case was only about a request for speeding up deliveries. That worked. Next one is on damage done by excluding UK production to EU.

AZ to send out a press release with stated that they have won is gutsy...

Anyway, Netherlands evened up with UK in first doses. Like in the UK, this week everyone 18 year old could book. Thursday everyone who wanted will have received 1 dose. On 2 dose behind but catching up.

You really are very bitter indeed.  Not everything needs to be seen through an anti-UK lens…

The BBC, hardly pro Brexit, describe it as The EU has lost a legal battle over its attempt to force AstraZeneca to deliver 120 million doses of its vaccine to the bloc, by the end of June. A court in Belgium ruled that AZ still has to deliver a total of 80 million doses by September, but this is significantly less than the EU was demanding.

AstraZeneca welcomed the court's decision and said in a statement it will deliver substantially more than 80 million doses by the end of June 2021: "All other measures sought by the European Commission have been dismissed, and in particular the Court found that the European Commission has no exclusivity or right of priority over all other contracting parties."

The European Commission wanted substantially more than the court ordered - a total of 120 million vaccine delivered by the end of June 2021, and 300 million doses by the end of September.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/56483766

So, if you want to be childish about it - and it looks like you do - EU lost on a point of law and to the tune of 220 million doses. In reality this was political postering from the EU trying to distract from the huge cock up they made.  

The initial demands of the EU are the base of the BBC verdict that EU did not got what it wanted.
What were the initial demands of AZ ? Or what claims of AZ were dismissed.
That was;
1 no obligation to use UK factories
2 delivering schedule was the best they could do (at date of submission of court case). And no delivery schedule needed.
AZ lost on both. With both consequential for next court case.

So both lost, one more then the other.
One asked to much, the other was in breach of a contract.

BBC does need more French language skills. For sure they did not read the court papers. It is a very one sided view.
Based 90% on the AZ press release. No name of journalists by the article. Maybe AI writer ?

Nope, it was a March 22 article on why EU took AZ to court, inserted conclusion of AZ press release and one comment of VDL.
I am still amazed how low the bar is on good journalism in UK press.
Should be used by it now...

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, LeoV said:

The initial demands of the EU are the base of the BBC verdict that EU did not got what it wanted.
What were the initial demands of AZ ? Or what claims of AZ were dismissed.
That was;
1 no obligation to use UK factories
2 delivering schedule was the best they could do (at date of submission of court case). And no delivery schedule needed.
AZ lost on both. With both consequential for next court case.

So both lost, one more then the other.
One asked to much, the other was in breach of a contract.

BBC does need more French language skills. For sure they did not read the court papers. It is a very one sided view.
Based 90% on the AZ press release. No name of journalists by the article. Maybe AI writer ?

Nope, it was a March 22 article on why EU took AZ to court, inserted conclusion of AZ press release and one comment of VDL.
I am still amazed how low the bar is on good journalism in UK press.
Should be used by it now...

Isnt AZ just making the Chinese drug ( that nobody wants) as they dont have their own?