• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jack_sparrow

• LeoV

• Waynemarlow

• mad

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Old, but gold. Explains so much of what Whyne and Jambalaya wax lyrical about. And the guy was a mate of Boris.   A.A. Gill (Sunday Times journalist and food critic) writing about Brexit bef

No way I'm going to PA. This was a top thread, now it's fucked. Thank you fucking idiots.

I was thinking for the last few days that  as a pro union lifelong Alliance voter I should respond to this post but turning on the radio this morning and hearing Mike Nesbitt made me decide to act.

Posted Images

30 minutes ago, LeoV said:

While the inflexible, bureaucratic, slow EU has had it in place from day one, a long time ago.
Come on UK step up, you said you could do that. UK big words, no action.

Could it be the UK has been pragmatic about things. There are just too many EU exporters not ready for the checks and will simply not ship stuff from the EU once the border controls are implemented. Add that together with the cost of shipping and logistics being totally compromised by the world pandemic and you run the risk of few goods actually reaching our shores. In this case the current EU exporters got lucky with the pandemic arriving as without it I'm pretty sure the border controls would have been implemented 

But I wouldn't brag about the EU being first over the post with border controls. The market will be filled from other countries once the shipping and logistics sorts itself probably quicker than the EU exporters will get licences to export, the UK government won't forget that the EU has not reciprocated in this matter and will want to see less reliance on EU exporters in the future.

Boris's oven ready deal despite nearly 2 years of a world wide pandemic seems to be doing OK

The number of payroll employees showed another monthly increase, up 241,000 to 29.1 million in August 2021, returning to pre-coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic (February 2020) levels. All regions except London, Scotland and South East are now above pre-pandemic levels.

https://www.ons.gov.uk/employmentandlabourmarket/peopleinwork/employmentandemployeetypes/bulletins/uklabourmarket/september2021

4 hours ago, Whinging Pom said:

What I don't understand (among a lot of other things!) is why Fatty Frost is moaning about a deal he negotiated?  Please explain.

Really ?

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/northern-ireland/northern-ireland-protocol-checks-equate-to-20-of-total-undertaken-by-eu-40158174.html

20 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

the fact remains this is what Frost negotiated and agreed to, so why moan now ? time to grow a pair of balls and own up we would say.

Nice to see Bojo doing a thorough cleansing action, at which one might wonder if he got inspiration from the late great leader Mao

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Albatros said:

the fact remains this is what Frost negotiated and agreed to, so why moan now ? time to grow a pair of balls and own up we would say.

And if we were to do the same to everybit of produce that comes from the EU to the UK ? Could get to that unless the EU backs off which according to some of the media is the predicted route with the EU kicking the can down the road by always allowing the UK to move the end date. The UK looks like the protagonist within the EU.

However what if the UK goes fuck it and ditches the whole agreement ? Starting to look more and more like it, afterall the UK has had time to get its border infrastructure in place and get other markets lined up and if it hadn't been the pandemic, I would suggest we would be there now.

Go ahead.
Delaying checks again from the EU just confirms the UK needs the EU products. And is not able to set up border, 5 years ago that was decided, 5 years and nothing much done. .
Being a 3rd country sucks if you were once a 1st.
UK politicians who said UK had no voice in Brussels as members believe that the EU should now listen and are surprised when this does not happen. Fuckwits.

During all 5 years of Brexit the UK was dogmatic till the last day and not pragmatic, now they demand pragmatism from the EU, sink in your own dug hole first. Hypocrites.

• Like 3

Leo, we really do have to give Mr. Frost a bit of room here*.  This is his first serious effort.  And he is carrying a good 4 stone (25kg for you continentals) extra weight.  A little bit of forbearance is required.  Am reading J M Keynes on the Treaty of Versailles for a bit of summer's end indulgence; it was always this way, and is unlikely to end any time soon.  

*goodness knows his trousers are begging for it...

Whats the saying. "What goes around, comes around". UK cancels 1.4Bn order with French vaccine company Valneva over its breach of supply conditions.

"HMG has alleged that the company is in breach of its obligations under the supply agreement, but the company strenuously denies this.”

Sounds familiar LeoV ?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/sep/13/uk-cancels-covid-vaccine-deal-french-firm-valneva

12 hours ago, LeoV said:

During all 5 years of Brexit the UK was dogmatic till the last day and not pragmatic, now they demand pragmatism from the EU, sink in your own dug hole first. Hypocrites.

On 9/13/2021 at 10:08 PM, Jambalaya said:

Most of us Brexiteers aren’t talking about EU at all, yesterdays news and mostly not our problem. Anti-Brexiteers on this thread keep recycling old arguments so we are responding.

The NI Protocol is unworkable and should be cancelled (quite simply its just a cynical last ditch attempt by EU to force UK to follow EU food standards which are mostly simply protectionist. I lived in the US, I have no issue with American food).

Personally I think the UK/EU trade deal is not worth having and we should terminate it as we are allowed to do with 12 months notice.

@hump the EU Commission runs pretty much everything. They are the only body which can set the agenda and propose laws, all the faux Parliament can do is reject. The Commission can just keep presenting them with a choice of 1. 

Again a load of BS by you. As already pointed out you talk about the in your twisted mind cynical intentions of the EU while denying even thinking about it some lines before.

Regarding the NI protocol: This was negotiated by your unelected Brexit minister Frosty, who later claimed that he didn't understood what it implied (ROTFL), and signed by Mr. Blow Job and the EU. What resulted with the customs border between NI and the rest of the UK was the one option to prevent a hard border between NI and RI which would've jeopardized the Good Friday Agreement (and in further steps jeopardized any deals with the US for the UK) and even Mr. Blow Job understood that. Absolutely nothing sinister or cynical from the EU.

And above mentioned Frosty is lamenting all the time about EU and threatening to abolish the NI protocol (how often has he now mentioned to pull article 16?) only to notice that it's a toothless papertiger threat.

• Like 2
On 9/16/2021 at 6:37 PM, Waynemarlow said:

Whats the saying. "What goes around, comes around". UK cancels 1.4Bn order with French vaccine company Valneva over its breach of supply conditions.

We Aussies have just done the same with a submarine contract. Not only did Boris and Joe offer us a better deal, the French subs only go in reverse.

• Like 2

The NI protocol is the direct result of the mess the pro EU ex PM May and her bag carrier Oly Robbins left behind. Frost did what he could with it and Boris got the election won. “Oven Ready” was electoral gold versus Labour “lets have another referendum” disaster.

The protocol is unworkable, it was intended to be replaced by newly agreed procedures which the EU have declined to progress. The protocol will not survive in its current form

LeoV the UK sees no need to check things today which didn’t need checking 9 months ago. EU law / standards haven’t changed so why bother ? This strategy was exactly what the UK proposed for Northern Ireland in the event of “no deal”. You don’t need physical border checks.

The US/UK/Australian defence agreement is of huge significance. Macron saw the original Australian/ French agreement as a symbol of France’s importance in Asia and central to his global ambitions for France. The fact is the French submarine design was late and there have been material cost over-runs. As such the Australians have decided to go with superior proven technology from US and UK. The real slap in the face is neither France nor EU were told in advance, left out in the cold. The French have withdrawn their ambassadors from US and Australia.

What is indisputable is that this agreement could not have been signed whilst UK was inside EU. It is yet another example of the advantages of Brexit. The deal has shown UK’s global positioning to be enhanced, it is France and the EU who have been diminished.

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
39 minutes ago, Jambalaya said:

The NI protocol is the direct result of the mess the pro EU ex PM May and her bag carrier Oly Robbins left behind. Frost did what he could with it and Boris got the election won. “Oven Ready” was electoral gold versus Labour “lets have another referendum” disaster.

The protocol is unworkable, it was intended to be replaced by newly agreed procedures which the EU have declined to progress. The protocol will not survive in its current form

The NI protocol is a direct result of Brexit, nothing else. 
It’s not the EU’s fault, it’s not the fault of the Irish or the French or the yanks.

It is the ONLY possible solution to the mess the Brexiteers have foisted on the rest of us so get used to it.

Gone are the days when the Brits can shit all over the place and point the finger at others. It’s time you lot got in your lane. 

Ps. There will never be a hard border on the island of Ireland again, guaranfuckingteed. So unless you knuckeldraggers have a better solution than the protocol which doesn’t include a hard border on our island it’s time to stfu and get on with life.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

It is the ONLY possible solution to the mess the Brexiteers have foisted on the rest of us so get used to it.

So why all the 100 year old rhetoric of your musings. Brexit has speed up the unification of Ireland, everything you want.

You should be rejoicing, not spouting the past as if it is mandatory for someone living in the US to do, or is that what computer based ideologists do ?

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Waynemarlow said:

So why all the 100 year old rhetoric of your musings. Brexit has speed up the unification of Ireland, everything you want.

You should be rejoicing, not spouting the past as if it is mandatory for someone living in the US to do, or is that what computer based ideologists do ?

It's surprisingly easy to forget that Wayne is not British. His vision for the future of the country he lives in is... unclear.

There appear to be parallels with the Elizabethan golden years but those were forged with Ireland under English control (to avoid the risk of European encroachment...) then,  obviously, the Scots were invited in to help out and GB was formed... my history isn't the best,  I'm the first to admit,  but AFAICT there's no historical precedent to England being much of a player outside Europe prior to that... unless, perhaps Wayne is keen to resurrect The Crusades and Take Back Control of Jerusalem?

I think, perhaps, the vision will be forged in hindsight: in ten years time any expediently appropriated "benefit" of Brexit can be lauded to demonstrate his previously undocumented prescience...

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Jambalaya said:

What is indisputable is that this agreement could not have been signed whilst UK was inside EU. It is yet another example of the advantages of Brexit. The deal has shown UK’s global positioning to be enhanced, it is France and the EU who have been diminished.

This probably isn't going to help with any ongoing negotiations either.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, AnIdiot said:

It's surprisingly easy to forget that Wayne is not British. His vision for the future of the country he lives in is... unclear.

There appear to be parallels with the Elizabethan golden years but those were forged with Ireland under English control (to avoid the risk of European encroachment...) then,  obviously, the Scots were invited in to help out and GB was formed... my history isn't the best,  I'm the first to admit,  but AFAICT there's no historical precedent to England being much of a player outside Europe prior to that... unless, perhaps Wayne is keen to resurrect The Crusades and Take Back Control of Jerusalem?

I think, perhaps, the vision will be forged in hindsight: in ten years time any expediently appropriated "benefit" of Brexit can be lauded to demonstrate his previously undocumented prescience...

With a user name of An Idiot,  a posting of an idiots views would be expected.

Come on, at least I live and breath the UK unlike the vast percentage of posters here on this thread who have little to no understanding of the way the UK works other than what they read on the internet. Then there are those or percieve themselves as Brits, but haven't lived here for the majority of their lives and are only remembering their childhood days as to what Britian is like today.

As to my vision of what the UK will be like, I have no connection to the only way of changing the future path, that of becoming a political candidate nor am I soothsayer, but unlike others posting here, I can vote and hope that democracy will win and that way we as a country can shape our path.

Let us not forget leave won the Brexit debate and eventually democracy prevailed.

3 hours ago, AnIdiot said:

unless, perhaps Wayne is keen to resurrect The Crusades and Take Back Control of Jerusalem? 

Apart from the inconvenient fact that the Crusades were largely enterprises of predecessors to the EU, namely the Roman Catholic Church and the Holy Roman Empire.

Then again, facts are not really WM's strong point.

28 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

With a user name of An Idiot,  a posting of an idiots views would be expected.

Indeed, sorry to disappoint.

28 minutes ago, Waynemarlow said:

Come on, at least I live and breath the UK unlike the vast percentage of posters here on this thread who have little to no understanding of the way the UK works other than what they read on the internet. Then there are those or percieve themselves as Brits, but haven't lived here for the majority of their lives and are only remembering their childhood days as to what Britian is like today.

As to my vision of what the UK will be like, I have no connection to the only way of changing the future path, that of becoming a political candidate nor am I soothsayer, but unlike others posting here, I can vote and hope that democracy will win and that way we as a country can shape our path.

Let us not forget leave won the Brexit debate and eventually democracy prevailed.

FFS: "...live and breathe the UK" but support reunification or Ireland & Scottish Independence? What do you want to remain United? England & Wales?   "..no connection to changing the future path..." but "I can vote"? It was voting for Brexit that set us down this path, as you remind us in the very next sentence...

Vacuous as ever. You appear to be too stupid to understand your own point of view, let alone articulate it.

• Like 3
On 9/16/2021 at 5:09 AM, crashdog said:

Leo, we really do have to give Mr. Frost a bit of room here

That was funny, but I wonder about who is the mastermind with a plan now Cummings has left.
Frost is now cleaning up is own shit.

20 hours ago, Jambalaya said:

What is indisputable is that this agreement could not have been signed whilst UK was inside EU.

????? That is not indisputable.

If you read jamba's piece, he is or trolling and needs a shrink, or he buys everything Bojo says as a devote cult member. No border checks needed, humbug, UK and EU laws are differentiating as we type. Go see a shrink.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, AnIdiot said:

Indeed, sorry to disappoint.

FFS: "...live and breathe the UK" but support reunification or Ireland & Scottish Independence? What do you want to remain United? England & Wales?   "..no connection to changing the future path..." but "I can vote"? It was voting for Brexit that set us down this path, as you remind us in the very next sentence...

Vacuous as ever. You appear to be too stupid to understand your own point of view, let alone articulate it.

Indeed your response does dissappoint, very Jack Sparrow esqe in many ways ? A question, were you the boy in class who always filled in his exam papers in half the allotted time, walked out the room thinking he was a hero and then got your mum to bail you out through the appeal process when you found out you had failed dismally ?

Think this through a bit, how do you get from me living and breathing the UK ( yes we are the UK at the moment ) to stating I support reunification of Scotland and Ireland, surely these are quite different things and something that because you are narrow minded in your mindset, must think that is so rather than the fact it is not what the poster had actually said.

But lets be clear I have no issue at all with the Scots or Irish voting on their own destiny, thats down to them, not me living in England. As the Brexiteers did, let them make their case and take it to the polls, that to me is democracy at its finest. As a personal view from one who has lived and worked in Scotland ( but only visited NI ) its not if they become seperate from the UK, but when. Would that actually matter if they did, thats down to the Scots and Irish to make their own destiny if thats what they wanted.

Equally you need a political cause or political origins to get a visionary process from idea to legislature ( please don't mix business with local politics here ), at which stage the people can then vote on that idea in a democracy. That is something you may well want to retain in your knowledge base as I would call myself apolitical and have no wish to be part of that political process other than voting to elect my representative, as that is really the only way I can have any influence. If you consider the thought of everyone voting is wrong as so many Remainers did, then by all means become an elected representative, put it to the people and see where it gets you.

"Vacuous" now thats really reserved for people who give little thought to what they orate and write in their musings, surely the finger has to pointed directly at yourself as you have filled the brief quite well in your little outburst.

On 9/18/2021 at 3:27 AM, Waynemarlow said:

“100 year old rhetoric”?

What the fuck are talking about?

The troubles only ended in the late 90’s and still to this day you have the shit of Europe, the kin of the KKK (ie. The DUP) in bed with the Tories threatening violence every time they don’t get their way.

Nah, we are still suffering the affects of the imperial scourge and the affects of the 1847 genocide which set in motion a chain of emigration which didn’t end until recent times.

The state in which the island of Ireland was left by the British was deplorable and the lack of hope and the never ending violence perpetrated by that scum (loyalists) was the reason so many of us left.

I hope this ends the myopic shíte that you spew continually regarding why I and many like me left an island we so love so much.

But I know better…..

From a pro-Brexit commentary site run by a Cambridge University Professor.

Meanwhile, behind the scenes, efforts to replace the Northern Ireland Protocol continue. Little by little the Protocol is ceasing to be operated and hence is beginning to unravel. After the recent uncontested UK decision to extend indefinitely the existing grace periods for food, medicines and parcels it is now announced that the rules on pets travelling to NI will not be applied. As we know from talking to dog-owners on the Cairnryan to Belfast ferry, these unnecessary rules have quite rightly never been applied.

8bda0066cc910a31a1bd64c36e0f9f840f313e46

No need for dogs to travel to NI in disguise

Alas, we were also reminded this week of what a stich-up the NI Protocol was from the start. Lord Caine, long-serving former adviser to the Northern Ireland Office, gave a speech in the Lords condemning the ease with which Theresa May’s negotiators acquiesced to the ‘EU-Irish interpretation of what was required to protect the single market’. In a particularly shocking anecdote, Lord Caine recalls a conversation he had with our newly Eurosceptic friend Michel Barnier, in which the EU’s chief negotiator appeared surprised to hear that Northern Ireland was fully part of the UK, rather than part of a hybrid half-in half-out arrangement. This was in a conversation which occurred as late as 2018.

We can only hope, with Lord Caine, that ‘common sense and pragmatism’ will allow the problem to be fudged in the short term, and that ‘the more fundamental constitutional issues thrown up by the protocol’ will be addressed soon.
On 9/18/2021 at 8:11 PM, LeoV said:

That was funny, but I wonder about who is the mastermind with a plan now Cummings has left.
Frost is now cleaning up is own shit.

Leo all this mess comes from May and Olly Robbins

Wolfgang is an analyst who writes extensively on Europe and EU, also produces a regular podcast. He is pro EU but also a realist and knows to succeed the EU must reform

Snookered by Anglo-Saxons

The Europeans have misread Biden and misjudged Johnson. A bad combination

By Wolfgang Münchau

With the new US-Australia nuclear submarine alliance, it's clear that Britain is now the only European power America trusts in pursuit of its strategic interests. This realignment was not inevitable – in fact it's a direct and foreseeable consequence of the EU's mishandling of Brexit.

https://www.eurointelligence.com/column/snookered-by-anglo-saxons

• Like 1
On 9/17/2021 at 9:57 PM, LB 15 said:

We Aussies have just done the same with a submarine contract. Not only did Boris and Joe offer us a better deal, the French subs only go in reverse.

Well, at least now we know that you are unreliable...

• Like 1

Looks like Macron is going to hand over the Frenchies seat on the UN’s Security Council to the Commissars at the EU.

Now that the EU army is coming to reality and the US is going to say, well you have your army for the defence of Europe, will those 8 Battallions actually fight or will they be the same as the ghost Afghan army of 300,000 that turned out to be a few 1000.

Looks like Macron is going to hand over the Frenchies seat on the UN’s Security Council to the Commissars at the EU.

Is that another Brexiter invention or did Macron say something supporting this ?

IMHO, that would be a good idea as the EU would become a major player. That means establishing a EU foreign policy but now that the UK can't throw spanners in the works, this might actually happen...

Nevertheless, I doubt that Paris would actually accept this....

• Like 1
Just now, Panoramix said:

That means establishing a EU foreign policy but now that the UK can't throw spanners in the works, this might actually happen...

Highly unlikely IMO.
France if anything are more fiercely defensive of their militaries independence than the UK. 

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Jambalaya said:

Wolfgang is an analyst who writes extensively on Europe and EU, also produces a regular podcast. He is pro EU but also a realist and knows to succeed the EU must reform

Pro EU ?
His best article;
A long Brexit delay spells danger for the EU.
All lies and half-truths, all his predictions proven wrong. Kind of like Bojo wrote at his journo job.
Another statement of him, The Euro will not survive beyond 5 years.

Reality, almost there;

E_yvoeBVEAMV7gB?format=jpg&name=large

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Panoramix said:

Well, at least now we know that you are unreliable...

It was just business old boy. But before you get too wrapped up in your anti Australian rhetoric, you may want to reflect on the 90 000 Australians who gave their lives defending French soil in the two world wars, (including my great uncle) and the over 220 000 that were wounded.(Including my Grandfather) 

And the number of French that have given their lives coming to Australia's aid?

Zero. 

You guys did go to NZ but that was only to murder innocent hippies on the rainbow warrior. When we agreed to the Sub deal the price was 40 billion $AUS. That had blown out to be 90 billion by the time it was cancelled. You French are not only cowards, you are shithouse businessmen. However you can run a good bike race, you just can't win it.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Panoramix said:

Is that another Brexiter invention or did Macron say something supporting this ?

IMHO, that would be a good idea as the EU would become a major player. That means establishing a EU foreign policy but now that the UK can't throw spanners in the works, this might actually happen...

Been widely reported in the U.K. press today but equally denied by France tonight.

But the EU forming an army to defend itself, many in NATO would say about time. But the only country that is wealthy enough,  Germany won’t send its troops into combat leaving France who will want to totally control the army in its delusion that it can be a military world force and get one over Germany, will only leave the whole idea to the Commissars dreams and the Netherlands as being the only country capable of putting their hands into their deep pockets according to LeoV to pay for it.

12 hours ago, LB 15 said:

It was just business old boy. But before you get too wrapped up in your anti Australian rhetoric, you may want to reflect on the 90 000 Australians who gave their lives defending French soil in the two world wars, (including my great uncle) and the over 220 000 that were wounded.(Including my Grandfather) 

And the number of French that have given their lives coming to Australia's aid?

Zero. 

You guys did go to NZ but that was only to murder innocent hippies on the rainbow warrior. When we agreed to the Sub deal the price was 40 billion $AUS. That had blown out to be 90 billion by the time it was cancelled. You French are not only cowards, you are shithouse businessmen. However you can run a good bike race, you just can't win it.

WW2 was 80 years ago, good on those who came to defend the free world but it is safe to say that those still alive are a tiny proportion of the ANZAC population, what you are saying is as ridiculous as those who blame modern Germans for a war that happened before they were born!

The reality is that most of the anglo world is in a right wing inward looking phase and countries like the US, UK and Australia are no more true allies of continental Europe... hence my earlier comment.

11 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

Been widely reported in the U.K. press today but equally denied by France tonight.

But the EU forming an army to defend itself, many in NATO would say about time. But the only country that is wealthy enough,  Germany won’t send its troops into combat leaving France who will want to totally control the army in its delusion that it can be a military world force and get one over Germany, will only leave the whole idea to the Commissars dreams and the Netherlands as being the only country capable of putting their hands into their deep pockets according to LeoV to pay for it.

You are reading the wrong press mate as this is obviously something that Paris would never accept! NATO would not be to happy about this as they would loose influence in Europe.

If the Americans as it seems, are going to become more isolationist in their outlook and as it is they are really pissed with the Europeans in the way they won’t put their hands in their pockets and help fund + staff NATO, then isn’t NATO effectively finished ?

4 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

If the Americans as it seems, are going to become more isolationist in their outlook and as it is they are really pissed with the Europeans in the way they won’t put their hands in their pockets and help fund + staff NATO, then isn’t NATO effectively finished ?

I don't know if it's isolationism or just that the military-industrial complex has decided that the US fatigue in that part of the world limits growth possibilities.  And let's face it, the Russkies are kicking ass with their soft power right wing support so no need to roll the tanks.

Now the US problem is China and why not?  It sells itself: think South Pacific islands, palm trees, coconuts, the open ocean where we still hold sway.  Stay at sea and in the air where there's no problem determining friend from foe.  As long as we can keep our Navy ships from crashing into container ships it's all good.

21 hours ago, Panoramix said:

WW2 was 80 years ago, good on those who came to defend the free world but it is safe to say that those still alive are a tiny proportion of the ANZAC population, what you are saying is as ridiculous as those who blame modern Germans for a war that happened before they were born!

The reality is that most of the anglo world is in a right wing inward looking phase and countries like the US, UK and Australia are no more true allies of continental Europe... hence my earlier comment.

We will bear in mind your thoughts next time you cheese eating surrender monkeys get invaded. If it wasn't for my grandfather you would be speaking German now.

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

We will bear in mind your thoughts next time you cheese eating surrender monkeys get invaded. If it wasn't for my grandfather you would be speaking German now.

QED

• Like 1

It’s OK LB15, the French have effectively the only army to defend the EU left, be interesting to see if they man up when Putin decides to reinstate into the USSR a few of the escapees. 

3 hours ago, LB 15 said:

This time the french have 'the bomb'.  Bit of a game changer.

They managed to build their own very impressive aircraft to defend themselves, Australia buys heaps of shit F35's from the USA. 

We can't build a fucking car.

Who are the dumb cunts again?

• Like 2

not really on topic, but too funny to let go and it's about our good friend Boris J. : dear Boris was delivering his speech to the UN in which he referred to Kermit the frog singing that it's hard to be green, but he also added the weird opinion that he (Boris) thinks Kermit treated Miss Piggy horribly ... at which the journalist reporting this on our national radio added "and if anyone would wonder why Boris added this thing about Miss Piggy, there is quite a resemblance between him and Miss Piggy, don't you think ? ", me thinks he has a point, Boris J. aka Mister Piggy

• Like 1
6 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Ummm!!
Last time I checked, those “cheese eating surrender monkeys” didn’t have the butcher’s apron soiling the top left corner of their national flag or a picture of the queen of another country on their currency.

”surrender monkeys” indeed 

lol

• Like 1

what worry about the subs, they are build by BAE. The same company that build ships for the royal navy by gluing bolts.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16222184.second-clyde-built-navy-vessel-found-glued-bolts-repairs-continue-hms-forth/ 

the AU want nuclear, the frensh proposal was diesel-electric. 

Make it a brexit story, all you want. But it is a design-choice. 

The boats will cost in the end 3 times more than estimated, but again, that is how navies work and make their decisions (and how those specialist shipyards work). 

The french are losing a lot on navy ships these days. The Belgium-Nederlands joint venture they lost, it is Damen and Navim. The germans are building a lot as well. 

33 minutes ago, gewoon ik said:

what worry about the subs, they are build by BAE. The same company that build ships for the royal navy by gluing bolts.

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/16222184.second-clyde-built-navy-vessel-found-glued-bolts-repairs-continue-hms-forth/ 

the AU want nuclear, the frensh proposal was diesel-electric. 

Make it a brexit story, all you want. But it is a design-choice. 

The boats will cost in the end 3 times more than estimated, but again, that is how navies work and make their decisions (and how those specialist shipyards work). 

The french are losing a lot on navy ships these days. The Belgium-Nederlands joint venture they lost, it is Damen and Navim. The germans are building a lot as well. 

These will be Australian builds, not British, and despite the noise, the British involvement is likely to be minimal, if at all. The Americans made it clear that the British were invited to the announcement only because they also share the same technology.

The French offer was diesel-electric because that is what the Australians asked for at the time. The choice to move to an American design and supply is political. The French could have supplied a nuclear powered option if requested, and with the Suffren class they atleast have some recent construction experience. Given that the British are yet to work out how to decommission any of their old nuclear subs despite having spent half a billion to store them, the Americans will be the technology partner of choice in this new deal.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, hump101 said:

These will be Australian builds, not British, and despite the noise, the British involvement is likely to be minimal, if at all. The Americans made it clear that the British were invited to the announcement only because they also share the same technology.

I've heard it speculated that the workforce at Barrow could be used to train up the AUS workforce on what's quite a specialist industry, but I believe they are already underway with construction on the Dreadnought class, so I'm not sure what the eventual involvement will be. 

4 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

didn’t have the butcher’s apron soiling the top left corner of their national flag

You might want to check out French colonial history mate. It doesn't make much better reading than the British stuff. All of which is history now. 

Lets be honest French outrage at the British has a slightly hypocritical slant to it, they've never been afraid to stick the knife in the other direction. If we were reading about a British deal that was scuppered by a French / USA partnership there's a whole lot of people on this thread who would think it hilarious. 

41 minutes ago, Albatros said:

oops, just heard on news that in several places in Brexitstan people are queuing at petrol stations because there are shortages due to lack of lorry drivers ... who'd have thunk this could happen

Theres even bigger shortages in Europe, who would have thunk that could happen.

I would worry more about the price of your wine that you seem to copiuosly drink by your posts, seems the harvests in the EU have been critically hit this year along with floods in much of Germany hitting hard the wine growing areas. Guess you may have to pay all those lovely EU import taxes for all that wine from the New World producers or even perhaps buy some Brit white fizz which has won international awards for quality.

11 hours ago, Panoramix said:

QED

Do I need reminded why I put that twat on ignore? Nah.

8 hours ago, Sea warrior said:

Ummm!!
Last time I checked, those “cheese eating surrender monkeys” didn’t have the butcher’s apron soiling the top left corner of their national flag or a picture of the queen of another country on their currency.

”surrender monkeys” indeed 

lol

Liz is 'Queen of Australia' as well. Apparently. She would not be amused. We can't be trusted to elect our own head of state. Maybe we could put Rolf Harris's head on the coin. Rolf enjoys a little head apparently and we are all convicts after all. Every few years when a PM is in trouble they throw up the 'New flag' idea as a diversion. The problem is the woke will want it to be some sort of Aboriginal theme and that makes all the righties heads explode. Here is the state flag of Hawaii. Those stupid yanks can't throw away their colonial past either, despite kicking the poms arse in the war of independence. 

Flag of Hawaii - Wikipedia

• Like 1
1 hour ago, cms said:

Do I need reminded why I put that twat on ignore? Nah.

But thanks for taking the time to remind us cupcake. And thanks again for the attention. Maybe you could google the meaning of 'ignore'.

11 hours ago, random. said:

This time the french have 'the bomb'.  Bit of a game changer.

They managed to build their own very impressive aircraft to defend themselves, Australia buys heaps of shit F35's from the USA. 

We can't build a fucking car.

Who are the dumb cunts again?

Maybe you could move there? Your head exploding over the Nuke submarine deal as well mate? Of course we can't make cars. The unions fucked that and every other industry. Your 'brothers' showed what fine chaps they are at the war memorial last week.

3 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

I would worry more about the price of your wine that you seem to copiuosly drink by your posts, seems the harvests in the EU have been critically hit this year along with floods in much of Germany hitting hard the wine growing areas. Guess you may have to pay all those lovely EU import taxes for all that wine from the New World producers or even perhaps buy some Brit white fizz which has won international awards for quality.

Nobody is talking of petrol shortage in the EU apart from the British press!

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Liz is 'Queen of Australia' as well. Apparently. She would not be amused. We can't be trusted to elect our own head of state. Maybe we could put Rolf Harris's head on the coin. Rolf enjoys a little head apparently and we are all convicts after all. Every few years when a PM is in trouble they throw up the 'New flag' idea as a diversion. The problem is the woke will want it to be some sort of Aboriginal theme and that makes all the righties heads explode. Here is the state flag of Hawaii. Those stupid yanks can't throw away their colonial past either, despite teaming up with the French to kick the poms arse in the war of independence.

Flag of Hawaii - Wikipedia

Hey, I d like to think I’m a reasonably understanding dude and I say that if the Ozzies need a crutch or haven’t the stones to make their own way in the world as a nation then that’s their business but you must admit it’s kinda funny seeing some Ozzie dude calling out the Frogs all the while kowtowing to an old tit in a far off land who considers said Ozzies to be an inferior ‘subject’

lol

Oh, and I took the liberty to tweak your post to reflect actuality  

4 hours ago, MiddayGun said:

You might want to check out French colonial history mate. It doesn't make much better reading than the British stuff. All of which is history now. 

Lets be honest French outrage at the British has a slightly hypocritical slant to it, they've never been afraid to stick the knife in the other direction. If we were reading about a British deal that was scuppered by a French / USA partnership there's a whole lot of people on this thread who would think it hilarious. 

Arguing about whether the Frogs or the Poms have a more diabolical history is like arguing about the virtues of streetwalkers.

Inherent in the discussion is the fact that both will suck you off or preferably run you through for a few bob.

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Maybe you could move there? Your head exploding over the Nuke submarine deal as well mate? Of course we can't make cars. The unions fucked that and every other industry. Your 'brothers' showed what fine chaps they are at the war memorial last week.

My local town, like most others in Australia has a piece of Military hardware in the main street.  Every . fucking . time  go there it annoys me.  I should start a protest to fuck it off. 

Gunz and instruments of death have place in the faces of people that the soldiers fought to shelter them from.

5 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

bollox, no shortages at all around here, keep on dreaming in your personal la-la land ... was just watching late news with footage from the Beeb showing the queues ... brings back memories from decades ago when the arabs closed the oil faucet

• Like 2
11 hours ago, Panoramix said:

Nobody is talking of petrol shortage in the EU apart from the British press!

Neither are the British Press, there is no shortage of fuel, there’s a shortage of what was underpaid foreign drivers who were expected to sleep in their cabs whilst on route using shite facilities to shower and wash to deliver that fuel to petrol stations.

In my view it’s come uppence to the chattering classes who at the slightest whiff of media hysteria all jumped in their cars, went and queued for petrol they didn’t really need and then complained that the petrol had run out. In a weeks time the petrol stations will have excess and be cancelling the next weeks order, further compounding the problem.

15 hours ago, MiddayGun said:

I've heard it speculated that the workforce at Barrow could be used to train up the AUS workforce on what's quite a specialist industry, but I believe they are already underway with construction on the Dreadnought class, so I'm not sure what the eventual involvement will be.

There has been lots of speculation by the UK gov and press about their involvement, right up to RR providing reactors. It is just that, speculation by the British, so far. I have not seen anything from the Australians suggesting any British technical involvement at any level, and the US are clearly stating this is their gig.

These are very complex systems and I suspect that the contracts will be subject to significant massaging over the coming years, so I would not write off any UK involvement just yet, but I doubt it will add up to a significant proportion of the total.

Neither are the British Press, there is no shortage of fuel, there’s a shortage of what was underpaid foreign drivers who were expected to sleep in their cabs whilst on route using shite facilities to shower and wash to deliver that fuel to petrol stations.

In my view it’s come uppence to the chattering classes who at the slightest whiff of media hysteria all jumped in their cars, went and queued for petrol they didn’t really need and then complained that the petrol had run out. In a weeks time the petrol stations will have excess and be cancelling the next weeks order, further compounding the problem.

Look, i work in the construction industry, we've a shortage of timber and electric stuff that doesn't get from China but we definitely don't have a lorry driver shortage. The pro-Brexit press is peddling this idea of a lorry drivers shortage in Europe so that people think that Brexit is not the reason of the British shortage... You live in an Orwellian word!

4 minutes ago, Panoramix said:

Look, i work in the construction industry, we've a shortage of timber and electric stuff that doesn't get from China but we definitely don't have a lorry driver shortage. The pro-Brexit press is peddling this idea of a lorry drivers shortage in Europe so that people think that Brexit is not the reason of the British shortage... You live in an Orwellian word!

The immediate shortage is due to Brexit. 
What (I think) Wayne is saying is that the long term problem comes from the fact that its a job that has awful hours, overbearing expectations on the drivers, and not enough salary to attract people into it. 

And while as I've stated many times, I was a remainer, I do actually agree with this point. To a lot of people the attraction of Europe was being able to get a Polish plumber to fix their toilet on the shittest wage imaginable. And the whole 'lazy brits that don't want to work' line is usually used by people that don't want to pay a fair price for skilled labour. 

Purely anecdotally, I noticed a lot of idiots filling the fuel stations last night on my way home from work, but on the way in this morning, everywhere still had fuel. The media tends to blow this stuff out of proportion. 

2 hours ago, MiddayGun said:

The immediate shortage is due to Brexit. 
What (I think) Wayne is saying is that the long term problem comes from the fact that its a job that has awful hours, overbearing expectations on the drivers, and not enough salary to attract people into it. 

And while as I've stated many times, I was a remainer, I do actually agree with this point. To a lot of people the attraction of Europe was being able to get a Polish plumber to fix their toilet on the shittest wage imaginable. And the whole 'lazy brits that don't want to work' line is usually used by people that don't want to pay a fair price for skilled labour. 

Purely anecdotally, I noticed a lot of idiots filling the fuel stations last night on my way home from work, but on the way in this morning, everywhere still had fuel. The media tends to blow this stuff out of proportion. 

I was one of these "foreigners" working in the UK. I've sent 5 CVs within a 10 years period and got 4 different jobs... IMHO, the issue isn't so much that the wages are low (I got similar purchasing power on both side of the channel) but that the British government refuses to educate its people to modern standards. I was working as a structural engineer, the Polish/Slovakian carpenter knew how to erect a roof with valleys and hips all over the place whereas the British one would start wailing complaining that it was all wrong because he couldn't do it. So the east Europeans slowly pushed out the locals... The way to fix that was to offer cheap quality education/training to people. Now, they will have somehow to do it but in the construction industry that is not going to happen overnight. It takes time to train a brcklayer/carpenter/sparky/plumber...

57 minutes ago, Panoramix said:

I was one of these "foreigners" working in the UK. I've sent 5 CVs within a 10 years period and got 4 different jobs... IMHO, the issue isn't so much that the wages are low (I got similar purchasing power on both side of the channel) but that the British government refuses to educate its people to modern standards. I was working as a structural engineer, the Polish/Slovakian carpenter knew how to erect a roof with valleys and hips all over the place whereas the British one would start wailing complaining that it was all wrong because he couldn't do it. So the east Europeans slowly pushed out the locals... The way to fix that was to offer cheap quality education/training to people. Now, they will have somehow to do it but in the construction industry that is not going to happen overnight. It takes time to train a brcklayer/carpenter/sparky/plumber...

I've never had a problem with 'foreigners' working in the UK. It would be pretty hypocritical since until Brexit I spend the last 8 years working in the Netherlands / Germany & a years stint on La Reunion. 

Wages in France & the UK may be similar with regards to purchasing power, but I think that's less true when it comes to the Eastern European countries, we don't get that many French tradesmen over here (yourself excluded) but we do get a lot of people from Eastern Europe. Its standard economics that when labour supply is high then it drives wages down & vice versa. 
But that's a problem that could have been fixed without leaving the EU. (imo)

1 hour ago, MiddayGun said:

But that's a problem that could have been fixed without leaving the EU. (imo)

Could have and should have but with the freedom of labour movement within the EU and virtually the whole business sector always looking for the cheapest labour cost, it was never going to happen.

You can bury your head in the sand and say theirs no driver shortage ( everything I order seems to arrive as per usual on lorries and smaller vans ) in the EU, but when big guns like FT are saying it then it’s more than highly likely it is the case.

https://www.ft.com/content/0c4f9876-1ec5-41e1-b774-4abd2b58dde9

2 hours ago, Waynemarlow said:

You can bury your head in the sand and say theirs no driver shortage ( everything I order seems to arrive as per usual on lorries and smaller vans ) in the EU, but when big guns like FT are saying it then it’s more than highly likely it is the case.

https://www.ft.com/content/0c4f9876-1ec5-41e1-b774-4abd2b58dde9

the article (behind a paywall, but available on a dozen other sites) gives the opinion of an haulage exec and has nothing to do with brexit but all with a guideline on haulage, nice squirrel. But knowing it comes from one obscure haulage company it's as eva dent that it's just lobbying and moaning after the facts, too late.  Fact that it would be on an FT site is just not giving it any more weight if you really read it and have the intellectual honesty to take it for what it's worth, quod non in your case.

Riddle me this O you great genius : Brexitstan has kicked out a nice load of truckers, so where would they now be working huh ? in that sense Brexit is a good thing for us if ever there would be shortages, quod non, sic.

for your reading : https://vnexplorer.net/hgv-driver-shortage-haulage-chief-hits-out-at-grant-shapps-illogical-claim-brexit-not-to-blame-for-crisis-ez2021870512.html

The EU uses more flexible cabotage rules, so short on drivers in one country, other countries driver step in.
UK out of SM, needs more drivers due to restricted cabotage, and EU drivers left. All Brexit.

At least it helps NI protocol, no drivers left to supply NI from the UK, but the Irish can do it.

13 hours ago, Albatros said:

Fact that it would be on an FT site is just not giving it any more weight if you really read it and have the intellectual honesty to take it for what it's worth, quod non in your case

for your reading : https://vnexplorer.net/hgv-driver-shortage-haulage-chief-hits-out-at-grant-shapps-illogical-claim-brexit-not-to-blame-for-crisis-ez2021870512.html

So you are saying the use of the FT times article is not to believed where as you cite the very guy who is being fingered as the guy who has sparked this whole thing by releasing the BP document that was confidential and only to be read by that committee meeting which he attended. He also is being fingered as to the reasons why he released the document, that of putting pressure on the government to allow more foreign drivers to keep a lid on the rising wages of drivers.

Can I ask you a question, would you work for £9.95 an hour, be away from your family for most of your working life, live in a cab in lorry parks where often you are robbed, living off shite expensive food, because that’s what Rod McKenzie’s company asks of its drivers. 

On 9/25/2021 at 6:07 AM, Sea warrior said:

Hey, I d like to think I’m a reasonably understanding dude and I say that if the Ozzies need a crutch or haven’t the stones to make their own way in the world as a nation then that’s their business but you must admit it’s kinda funny seeing some Ozzie dude calling out the Frogs all the while kowtowing to an old tit in a far off land who considers said Ozzies to be an inferior ‘subject’

lol

Oh, and I took the liberty to tweak your post to reflect actuality  

Who is kowtowing to the soap dodgers? You should be careful stereotyping countries. I mean how would you like it if all Irish were branded as being cowards for your efforts during ww2? I mean the French may have taken a dive during the instructions but you cunts weren't even game to get in the ring. And your beer is cats piss.

Take that!

On 9/25/2021 at 9:34 PM, Panoramix said:

I had a French guy crew for me a few weeks back. He couldn't sail for merde and he smelt really bad. By your logic I guess all French can't sail and don't bathe. 

I haven't been on this thread in ages, Sail, but it doesn't seem to have changed much. There are a lot of posters who HATE Brexit, HATE the British PM, HATE the AUKUS deal, HATE the shortage of truck/lorry drivers, HATE the queuing of motorists at gas stations, HATE the impact of Brexit on Northern Ireland:Ireland border and the other thing they all seem to have in common is most of them don't live in the UK. They're all on the outside HATING in.  (Are you sensing a common thread here?)

1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Who is kowtowing to the soap dodgers? You should be careful stereotyping countries. I mean how would you like it if all Irish were branded as being cowards for your efforts during ww2? I mean the French may have taken a dive during the instructions but you cunts weren't even game to get in the ring. And your beer is cats piss.

Take that!

Lol

Cowards you say?

Dunnoboutdat.

The Irish nation fighting for the British would be like the Jews fighting for the Nazis. Ain’t gonna happen.

They say “‘Tis a fine line between a fool and a coward” and I do believe ye Ozzies crossed that line when ye ‘went down’ like a five dollar whore on that short, bald drunk who sent ye like pigs to the slaughter at Gallipoli for no reason.

30k plus Australians died for that butcher’s apron in ww2 and 7,500 Irishmen died in that same war.

You silly fuckers ….

lol

34 minutes ago, Sea warrior said:

Lol

Cowards you say?

Dunnoboutdat.

The Irish nation fighting for the British would be like the Jews fighting for the Nazis. Ain’t gonna happen.

They say “‘Tis a fine line between a fool and a coward” and I do believe ye Ozzies crossed that line when ye ‘went down’ like a five dollar whore on that short, bald drunk who sent ye like pigs to the slaughter at Gallipoli for no reason.

30k plus Australians died for that butcher’s apron in ww2 and 7,500 Irishmen died in that same war.

You silly fuckers ….

lol

You had to go back over a hundred years to find an example? Well then how about you cunts being so stupid as to only grow potatoes back in the1840s huh? And what about you guys letting fat Henry declaring himself king in 1540?

49 minutes ago, kinardly said:

I haven't been on this thread in ages, Sail, but it doesn't seem to have changed much. There are a lot of posters who HATE Brexit, HATE the British PM, HATE the AUKUS deal, HATE the shortage of truck/lorry drivers, HATE the queuing of motorists at gas stations, HATE the impact of Brexit on Northern Ireland:Ireland border and the other thing they all seem to have in common is most of them don't live in the UK. They're all on the outside HATING in.  (Are you sensing a common thread here?)

I don't hate anything. I am only here because this thread has the best trolling on these forums, even since the flightless Sparrow got his wings clipped by the mods...

• Like 1

Agreed. LB knows how many ships of lading sailed from Ireland to Britain loaded to the point of foundering with lamb, pork, linen, don’t forget the timber that built the Royal British Navy and countless other consumables from Ireland- the potato notwithstanding, was in disregard, as was the tomato in the New World. Only, when the potato failed, it was the only thing left to eat besides the dirt, which most eventually ate in the end. 

Have fun everyone!