RobbieB

Greta Rides Again?

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, NZK said:

Yep, and they will get even more publicity now. You just can't make this shit up. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, justsomeguy! said:

Why did you feel the need to capitalize "female"?

Why do people capitalize god ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, LB 15 said:

YCMTSU.

Of course it is to help avert the crisis gain more patrons

Vagies handlers would be saying, just fucking do it. You can hate me later.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, NORBowGirl said:

Yep, and they will get even more publicity now. You just can't make this shit up. 

Good way to get a Swedish au pair for their kid.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

Why do people capitalize god ?

Why do people even drag fairy tales into daily discussion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Woah--November North Atlantic gales in a catamaran. Fingers crossed she makes it ok!

There's a reason for this:

image.png.73f241d8b7afdca576ca4c6a4124b4d8.png

WNA is "Winter North Atlantic"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mad said:

Why do people even drag fairy tales into daily discussion?

Somtimes they seeme moire realle then reallitey.....                         :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

That's just pirate talk. "Arrg, Lenny, the wee squid, is also be aboard"

Kid's name is Lennon but in true bogan fashion that was immediately shortened about 5 minutes after birth.

image.png.909e3938392f96752ed451f07fbb2155.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mad said:

Why do people even drag fairy tales into daily discussion?

to feel holier than thou

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fastyacht said:

Fracking New York Times fired all their copy editors. Sad.

image.png.909e3938392f96752ed451f07fbb2155.png

ohhh boy now two children on board not going to school

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, LB 15 said:

YCMTSU.

Exactly. I’d pretty much lost interest in SLV quite a while ago when it all but stopped being about sailing anyway. It’ll be interesting to see what if anything this does to SLVs following. Probably nothing. Greta needs to be left alone to grow up, enough being manipulated by do-gooders... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, VWAP said:

ohhh boy now two children on board not going to school

Not a whole lot of 11-month-old kids are sent to school.  But, whatever, play the cards you got.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Isn't it great that two threads can actually merge themselves for our environmental enlightenment, or should that be fun and enjoyment.

LV have sat gear so hopefully they can post from out at sea.  It might get a tad chilly out there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, fastyacht said:

Woah--November North Atlantic gales in a catamaran. Fingers crossed she makes it ok!

There's a reason for this:

image.png.73f241d8b7afdca576ca4c6a4124b4d8.png

WNA is "Winter North Atlantic"

I was wondering WTF that graphic meant, then I realised where I have seen it before

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQFG70yu_D2DQ04WOAu2P4

 

53 minutes ago, MidPack said:

Exactly. I’d pretty much lost interest in SLV quite a while ago when it all but stopped being about sailing anyway. It’ll be interesting to see what if anything this does to SLVs following. Probably nothing. Greta needs to be left alone to grow up, enough being manipulated by do-gooders... 

Same here, followed them for quite a while and by the time they were jetting around the world I lost all interest.

I wonder if SLV was planning this trip for now (I'd guess not) or if it was a case of....

tenor.gif?itemid=5333317

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Left Shift said:

Not a whole lot of 11-month-old kids are sent to school.  But, whatever, play the cards you got.

Not many would risk taking and 11 month old and another child that they don’t know across an unpredictable ocean in the winter season before the end of hurricane season.

Imagine the liability...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am actually concerned for both of the children. I hope they have adequate dry suits and lifesaving equipment at the ready 24/7. 
 

I don’t care a bit that Greta may be kept warm from the diesel motors.

Good luck to the whole crew

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

It seems that the SLV & Greta promotion juggernaut are planning to leave 7:30am US east coast time.

Hows the weather looking?  

The tracker on their website shows them well offshore at 6-7 knots with some stronger breeze ahead, I assume they left at 7:30am today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

I don’t care a bit that Greta may be kept warm from the diesel motors.

Shhhhhhhh

 

It is a bit irresponsible by SLV taking their 11mth old on this trip. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there carbon in Pot smoke? Riley might have to put the bong away for this trip. 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How impressed will Greta be about this?

Flying half way around the world in a plane spewing CO2 when people are dying..

Riley will be getting this look for the next 20+ days

Greta_Thunberg_pissed-800x450.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Is there carbon in Pot smoke? Riley might have to put the bong away for this trip. 

 

He might have to break out the brownies. I wonder if Greta has ever had a THC brownie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, LB 15 said:

Is there carbon in Pot smoke? Riley might have to put the bong away for this trip. 

 

Is this the Riley guy?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, fastyacht said:

Is this the Riley guy?

 

More like this guy...

Image result for cheech and chong

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ProaSailor said:

She's leaving tommorrow morning from Hampton, VA on La Vagabonde:

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/greta-thunberg-sail-spain-un-climate-conference_n_5dcb6934e4b0d43931cbea6b

 

 

Every man's dream to be on a boat for 20 days with a bunch of screaming children....

"Hey, are those soles non-marking?  Y'know we don't OWN this thing, RIGHT?!?!?!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, toecutter said:

This stuff is all fun and games until someone tries to copy the stunt and a whole bunch of young, clueless folks end up stranded on the opposite side of the planet.

Capture.thumb.JPG.c6c5cb79447c59e225b266748ff4727d.JPG

I like the New Englander named Steve and his customary SA greeting:-D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, savoir said:

I wonder how much Greta's backers are paying LV.

I would guess nothing. SLV will be banking on increasing their subscribers, video views and maybe some Patrons. 

Maybe Riley will constantly moan to Greta (on video) about how they would love to go carbon neutral but cant afford the el drives, solar, water gen and batteries in the hope of sponsors. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

best wishes for a safe passage. Though perhaps one just rough enough to allow some sense to percolate. It would be ironic if she required the expenditure of SAR resources while making a political stunt

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LionessRacing said:

It would be ironic if she required the expenditure of SAR resources while making a political stunt

Meh, they're training anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, justsomeguy! said:

Meh, they're training anyway.

Training is a bit different from a search, especially if the person being searched for is somewhat notorious. No need to put people into harms way in bad weather unnecessarily .

We were apparently the subject of a search through Halifax harbor back in 2004 after the RNSYS dock attendant reported us as missing, about 30 min after assigning us a mooring via VHF, which we promptly picked up.  We rowed in in the morning to pay up and the dockmaster asked when we had come in, and did we know we were being searched for. This with a sail cover that has "LIONESS" and "USA981" on Main and mizzen in 10 " red letters.  Felt bad that they were on a fools errand his point was that not only was his assistant incompetent, had the coast guard come by the mooring field they would have clearly seen us... 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, thereefgeek said:

 

Every man's dream to be on a boat for 20 days with a bunch of screaming children....

"Hey, are those soles non-marking?  Y'know we don't OWN this thing, RIGHT?!?!?!"

They should take duh' with them. then he would have a sailing experience  he could share on a sailing site

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, fastyacht said:

I like the New Englander named Steve and his customary SA greeting:-D

I know. YCMTSU either

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Looking as cheerful as ever. Must be impressed by the sound of the diesel.

Musto sponsorship perhaps?

 

13CLI-GRETA-superJumbo.jpg?quality=90&au 

"Carbon Black" is the new Hi-Viz????

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Dark Knight said:

Looking as cheerful as ever. Must be impressed by the sound of the diesel.

Musto sponsorship perhaps?

 

13CLI-GRETA-superJumbo.jpg?quality=90&au 

Hasn't anyone told her? Modern day Musto is shit gear. Leaks like a politician.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, savoir said:

I wonder how much Greta's backers are paying LV.

It’s not what Greta’s backers are paying LV. I’m told that they make money with every time they release a new video and the more subscribers they have the more money they make per video.

 

i bet they will be putting out a few videos in the next few weeks. How do you think they updated their monohull to a cat ?

 

Pulpit

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, pulpit said:

How do you think they updated their $100k monohull to a $1 million cat ?

The way you write it makes it sound like a modest upgrade, so i fixed it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Professional "utilitarian" sailing is making a come back here :

 

So may be Greta will inspire some entrepreneurial people to offer ocean crossing on sailboats in a not too distant future?

Even if it doesn't become a mass market, that would be fantastic trolling for the "the let's stay in 1985" crowd.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

The way you write it makes it sound like a modest upgrade, so i fixed it.

Good on them... I'd rather have their job making YouTube videos and living on a million dollar cat rather than sitting here in my office.

I like SLV.. they earnt sailing credibility by actually sailing more miles than most on this forum... myself included.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

 

 

I wonder if SLV was planning this trip for now (I'd guess not) or if it was a case of....

 

They said it was spontaneous. 

Quite impressive effort, to do all planning and shopping supplies, in just about 24 hours. We can't even do that for a 12 hour race. Hehe. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NORBowGirl said:

They said it was spontaneous. 

Quite impressive effort, to do all planning and shopping supplies, in just about 24 hours. We can't even do that for a 12 hour race. Hehe. 

Yeah, I read that Riley posted to Greta the offer and he was surprised to get the reply.

Don't know about the 24 hrs though, I saw a comment about spending 5 days with Greta prior to departure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Dark Knight said:

Yeah, I read that Riley posted to Greta the offer and he was surprised to get the reply.

Don't know about the 24 hrs though, I saw a comment about spending 5 days with Greta prior to departure.

Good :)

I'm a bit concerned about the whole trip. I'm not so sure that Greta will be a sailing enthusiast any longer if she survives it. It will not be a pleasant trip, and a lot different from her original trip. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NORBowGirl said:

Good :)

I'm a bit concerned about the whole trip. I'm not so sure that Greta will be a sailing enthusiast any longer if she survives it. It will not be a pleasant trip, and a lot different from her original trip. 

Yes, and can they make it in time?

They have a 45 feet catamaran with "long legs", but 2/3 weeks is a short time. I imagine their best bet is to sail along the edge of the Azores high to keep out of the North Atlantic lows while still enjoying westerlies.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Panoramix said:

Yes, and can they make it in time?

They have a 45 feet catamaran with "long legs", but 2/3 weeks is a short time. I imagine their best bet is to sail along the edge of the Azores high to keep out of the North Atlantic lows while still enjoying westerlies.

If she's late to the conference, I think she can live with that, she has a pretty good explanation. 

The question is more if she will live at all, I fear. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, NORBowGirl said:

If she's late to the conference, I think she can live with that, she has a pretty good explanation. 

The question is more if she will live at all, I fear. 

They have a fast boat crewed by people who have crossed several oceans presumably with good weather forecasting...  Also they are crossing to Spain, so presumably they will be clever enough to stay well South of 45ºN to stay out of the nasty North Atlantic weather.

Hopefully...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NORBowGirl said:

If she's late to the conference, I think she can live with that, she has a pretty good explanation. 

The question is more if she will live at all, I fear. 

Doesn't matter. We're all doomed anyway so who gives a shit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some of the posters here who are bashing this 16-y-o girl who dares to stick her head up for a cause...and do two crossings back-to-back in the process...some of you who are cracking on her or cynically saying she's just a puppet or worse yet predicting bad weather and secretly *hoping* she gets the bejeezus scared out of her so she will be taken down a peg.....some of you are the same damn people who took up for the shrinking-violet-victim act of Lia, who was old enough to know better.  The irony!  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Panoramix said:

Professional "utilitarian" sailing is making a come back here :

 

So may be Greta will inspire some entrepreneurial people to offer ocean crossing on sailboats in a not too distant future?

Even if it doesn't become a mass market, that would be fantastic trolling for the "the let's stay in 1985" crowd.

https://www.sailing-classics.com/en/sailing-cruises-sailing-areas/atlantic-crossings/

 

SAILING-CLASSICS ATLANTIC OCEAN

Atlantic sailing trips – passages & crossings

Sailing across the pond once in a lifetime, understanding the immensity of the ocean, travelling the sea for days and even weeks – that is the dream of many sailors. On board RHEA or CHRONOS you can make it come true without previous knowledge. Only seaworthy you should be.

The repositioning trip of Gibraltar to the Cape Verde or Canary Islands ('small' Atlantic crossing) is real high seas sailing. In spring, we also offer one-way cruises along the Portuguese & Spanish Atlantic coast and, in the autumn, cruises in Cape Verde, tropical islands in the trade winds far off the coast of Africa.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, VWAP said:

https://www.sailing-classics.com/en/sailing-cruises-sailing-areas/atlantic-crossings/

 

SAILING-CLASSICS ATLANTIC OCEAN

Atlantic sailing trips – passages & crossings

Sailing across the pond once in a lifetime, understanding the immensity of the ocean, travelling the sea for days and even weeks – that is the dream of many sailors. On board RHEA or CHRONOS you can make it come true without previous knowledge. Only seaworthy you should be.

The repositioning trip of Gibraltar to the Cape Verde or Canary Islands ('small' Atlantic crossing) is real high seas sailing. In spring, we also offer one-way cruises along the Portuguese & Spanish Atlantic coast and, in the autumn, cruises in Cape Verde, tropical islands in the trade winds far off the coast of Africa.

Yes but that's more charter than transport.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Israel Hands said:

Some of the posters here who are bashing this 16-y-o girl who dares to stick her head up for a cause...and do two crossings back-to-back in the process...some of you who are cracking on her or cynically saying she's just a puppet or worse yet predicting bad weather and secretly *hoping* she gets the bejeezus scared out of her so she will be taken down a peg.....some of you are the same damn people who took up for the shrinking-violet-victim act of Lia, who was old enough to know better.  The irony!  

How DARE us!

I'm looking forward to when we have 2 million boats sailing across the Atlantic at any given point in time to accommodate all of the people that currently fly across the Atlantic.  Will the Worshipers of the Green God be happy then?

Correction, the bashing going on here is not directed at Greta (the sweetest and happiest girl ever), but rather rubes that lap this stuff up without a critical thought.

Carry on.

  • Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, GauchoGreg said:

How DARE us!

I'm looking forward to when we have 2 million boats sailing across the Atlantic at any given point in time to accommodate all of the people that currently fly across the Atlantic.  Will the Worshipers of the Green God be happy then?

Correction, the bashing going on here is not directed at Greta (the sweetest and happiest girl ever), but rather rubes that lap this stuff up without a critical thought.

Carry on.

You have not been following this if you think it's not directed at Greta. Ditto for believing there are rubes that lap this up.  You should try to come better prepared.  I look forward to a day when a girl can stand up for what she believes in without a bunch of old fat white guys trashing her.

Not holding my breath.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/13/2019 at 8:59 AM, fastyacht said:

Woah--November North Atlantic gales in a catamaran. Fingers crossed she makes it ok!

There's a reason for this:

image.png.73f241d8b7afdca576ca4c6a4124b4d8.png

WNA is "Winter North Atlantic"

20 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

I am actually concerned for both of the children. I hope they have adequate dry suits and lifesaving equipment at the ready 24/7. 
 

I don’t care a bit that Greta may be kept warm from the diesel motors.

Good luck to the whole crew

That actually sounds pretty scary.

 

For Scot to put this girl on a pedestal is pretty sad. She does not exhibit anything other that spewing talking points from Al Gore.
Scot should really talk to some Earth Geo, Solar, Planetary scientist sand maybe even some astrophysicists. Hell Scot do some real research and write a paper.
There is so much more than us little humans involved in weather patters and changes.

Hell the Aztecs with their long count calendar predicted this change heralding the 5th age of man. 
So this is the 5th time this has happened?? How stupid are modern people not to understand how smart our primitive ancestors were.
OK maybe they were not that smart, but they at least they were smart enough to warn us.

 

  • Downvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

Hell the Aztecs with their long count calendar predicted this change heralding the 5th age of man. 

So this is the 5th time this has happened?? How stupid are modern people not to understand how smart our primitive ancestors were.
OK maybe they were not that smart, but they at least they were smart enough to warn us.

 

All civilizations and religions have stories about how the earth was born and how it will end. If you believe the Aztecs got it right about the end, I guess you also believe their version of the beginning is accurate. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, GauchoGreg said:

How DARE us!

I'm looking forward to when we have 2 million boats sailing across the Atlantic at any given point in time to accommodate all of the people that currently fly across the Atlantic.  Will the Worshipers of the Green God be happy then?

Correction, the bashing going on here is not directed at Greta (the sweetest and happiest girl ever), but rather rubes that lap this stuff up without a critical thought.

Carry on.

 

26 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

You have not been following this if you think it's not directed at Greta. Ditto for believing there are rubes that lap this up.  You should try to come better prepared.  I look forward to a day when a girl can stand up for what she believes in without a bunch of old fat white guys trashing her.

Not holding my breath.

Actually I would posit that at least 89% is not directed directly at Greta. More at the message.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Meat Wad said:

That actually sounds pretty scary.

 

For Scot to put this girl on a pedestal is pretty sad. She does not exhibit anything other that spewing talking points from Al Gore.
Scot should really talk to some Earth Geo, Solar, Planetary scientist sand maybe even some astrophysicists. Hell Scot do some real research and write a paper.
There is so much more than us little humans involved in weather patters and changes.

Hell the Aztecs with their long count calendar predicted this change heralding the 5th age of man. 
So this is the 5th time this has happened?? How stupid are modern people not to understand how smart our primitive ancestors were.
OK maybe they were not that smart, but they at least they were smart enough to warn us.

 

Yes but Greta got on a sailboat--twice. That's the only real reason we discuss her. Cerrtainly wouldn't be discussin in SA. And I tried maybe a dozen times or so to see what PA was about and said, "fukit"

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, d'ranger said:

You have not been following this if you think it's not directed at Greta. Ditto for believing there are rubes that lap this up.  You should try to come better prepared.  I look forward to a day when a girl can stand up for what she believes in without a bunch of old fat white guys trashing her.

Not holding my breath.

I love how race always comes into it. 

I only wish I was "prepared".

By the way, I look forward to a day when people put more focus on the best solutions to problems than than they do in worshiping some professionally produced teenage new-age deity while ignoring the solutions that would do more to reduce worldwide CO2 emissions while not destroying economies.  Few are really critical of Greta for standing up for what she believes in (although the "how dare you" part was a bit much), we are critical of those who scare the living crap out of her that the world is going to erupt in flames in 11 years to the degree she claims all of her dreams are dashed.  Frankly the NGD crowd have a crappy mousetrap but believe in it like it is a bible, and those who worship Greta like the Second Coming are like cult members.  Let the girl be a girl, she can fight for her cause all she wants, sail all she wants, but let's not act like she knows fuck-all about anything more than people who have actually studied the issues on a higher level and understand the full implications of policy, nationally and internationally.

  • Like 6
  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, GauchoGreg said:

Frankly the NGD crowd have a crappy mousetrap but believe in it like it is a bible, and those who worship Greta like the Second Coming are like cult members.

That sounds like it came straight out of a Fox News commentator. C'mon now. One side with an extreme POV points to the other side and paints it as more extreme than it is.

People don't believe in the NGD like it is a bible. I don't even support the NGD.  But I DO support young (and old) people giving a shit enough to talk about what it takes to affect positive change.  Change ain't easy. The older you get, the harder it gets. And the people profiting off the status quo really hate change - like Peabody and Murray the coal folks.

Figureheads and spokespeople are not the same things as deities. A lot of you are punching down on a teenager because you don't like the fact that young people are pissed about the exploited world they are inheriting. Are they naive? Sure. Will their generation need to change mankind's ways to survive? Probably. Just because we are too old to feel personally threatened by climate change doesn't mean we deserve to be disengaged and cynical about the next generation's dilemma.

  • Like 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Israel Hands said:

That sounds like it came straight out of a Fox News commentator. C'mon now. One side with an extreme POV points to the other side and paints it as more extreme than it is.

People don't believe in the NGD like it is a bible. I don't even support the NGD.  But I DO support young (and old) people giving a shit enough to talk about what it takes to affect positive change.  Change ain't easy. The older you get, the harder it gets. And the people profiting off the status quo really hate change - like Peabody and Murray the coal folks.

Figureheads and spokespeople are not the same things as deities. A lot of you are punching down on a teenager because you don't like the fact that young people are pissed about the exploited world they are inheriting. Are they naive? Sure. Will their generation need to change mankind's ways to survive? Probably. Just because we are too old to feel personally threatened by climate change doesn't mean we deserve to be disengaged and cynical about the next generation's dilemma.

Swing and a miss.  I support dramatic increase in new-age nuclear power, geothermal power, tidal power, and solar and wind where most appropriate (typically not powering up the grid).  I do not support blanketing wild lands or the seas with wind turbines and solar panels if they are not efficiently supplying the energy we need in the way we need the power.  My position is based on the maximum decrease in CO2 emissions, the fastest possible, while also helping our economy and improving our quality of life.  Such would also provide the side benefits of making it possible to desalinate massive amounts of water that could be used for irrigation while also enabling the removal of dams that block anadromous fish passage and result in huge waste of water through evaporation.

Now, if you can point out where on Fox news my position is, you get a kiss from Greta.  I have yet to see anything like what I just proposed on Fox.

My position has nothing to do with my age, I am not afraid of change, I am not a denier.  I do not want to have to drive tin cans for cars, nor do I think incandescent bulbs have to be banned, in order to reduce our CO2 emissions.  I also do not believe we need to be satisfied with less power, more erratic power, or need to kill our economy and tax the living hell out of everyone to fund the replacement of all buildings with LEED Gold buildings.  And yet, I think we can reduce CO2 emissions far faster while improving the quality of air/water/land than the proposals supported by those who fawn over the "how dare you" girl. 

By the way, you are kidding yourself if you don't see where the Green Movement acts like a religion, and that Greta is being held up even more than a spokeswoman/figurehead (which would be bad enough, given her age), but truly as a quasi-religious deity (hell, Greta was even specifically characterized as the 2nd coming by a leftist church in her home country).

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If sme one is going to ut a mural of a living 16 year old on the wall like that, I think a little "punching down" is at least understandable...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a fucking wanker

https://sailinganarchy.com/2019/11/14/that-girl-2/
 

Quote

 

There is nothing that we don’t love about what Greta Thunberg is doing to help raise awareness (and hopefully action) on global climate change. 


 

 

Who the fuck is "WE".  Is it the Royal "WE", then fair enough. Is it the sailing community on SA who is totally behind her? can't be because we are not.

It's a good thing to raise awareness about climate change, BUT it is not a good thing to do in such a polarising way that many people in power don't want to listen to her.

If you want Governments to listen to children about climate change, then we should be promoting presentable young people like Alexandria Villaseñor who don't go out of their way to piss off politicians.  

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, GauchoGreg said:

By the way, you are kidding yourself if you don't see where the Green Movement acts like a religion, and that Greta is being held up even more than a spokeswoman/figurehead (which would be bad enough, given her age), but truly as a quasi-religious deity (hell, Greta was even specifically characterized as the 2nd coming by a leftist church in her home country).

You may well be right on in your choices of nuclear/geothermal/tidal energy etc.  But the statement above is just an enviro-version of the stuff spewed out by team Fox - designed to belittle people, skew the subject, and scare the audience.

Image result for fox news muslim headline

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:


 

 can't be because we are not.

 

 

 

 

Did you buy sailing anarchy?  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

What a fucking wanker

https://sailinganarchy.com/2019/11/14/that-girl-2/
 

Who the fuck is "WE".  Is it the Royal "WE", then fair enough. Is it the sailing community on SA who is totally behind her? can't be because we are not.

It's a good thing to raise awareness about climate change, BUT it is not a good thing to do in such a polarising way that many people in power don't want to listen to her.

If you want Governments to listen to children about climate change, then we should be promoting presentable young people like Alexandria Villaseñor who don't go out of their way to piss off politicians.  

 

 

 

Who is the "we" in your sentneces?  All triggered dudes like yourself, who are so upset that a young girl has a message, but is somehow not "presentable"?

BTW, regarding Villasenor, aren't overly large ears indicative of some disqualifying syndrome you and yours can dig up on "Quacks 'R Us"?  You  all could post pictures with circles and arrows!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Israel Hands said:

You may well be right on in your choices of nuclear/geothermal/tidal energy etc.  But the statement above is just an enviro-version of the stuff spewed out by team Fox - designed to belittle people, skew the subject, and scare the audience.

Image result for fox news muslim headline

I don't make this stuff up, and I did not find it on Fox:

"Announcement! Jesus of Nazareth has now appointed one of his successors, Greta Thunberg," the tweet said on Dec. 1, 2018. The account, operated by the Limhamns Church, had previously tweeted several sentiments of climate activism.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/church-of-sweden-proclaims-greta-thunberg-successor-to-jesus-christ-in-resurfaced-tweet

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

"We" is the editorial 'we'.

 

And it is not punching down to criticize someone put forth by the 0.001% Gulfstream-flying, Davos-attending, billionaire-NGO class.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't find it on FOX - nope from the Washington Examiner who is featuring Tucker Carlson of FOX - they are the same thing. Tucker Carlson is a hack who couldn't get a job in an actual news organization.

Good to see Greta is still triggering the snowflakes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Left Shift said:

BTW, regarding Villasenor, aren't overly large ears indicative of some disqualifying syndrome you and yours can dig up on "Quacks 'R Us"?  You  all could post pictures with circles and arrows!

Yeah, quite possibly from listening to too many arseholes like you, but I don't believe the medical science has named the condition. Or she could be distantly related to the British Royal family. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites