Greta Rides Again?

• Replies 5.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

LB forwarded to the ED for a full ban due to attempted identification.

Thanks for those posting information on the excellent sailing adventures Greta has taken.  I dropped by here to learn about her second voyage and found what I was looking to learn.  I came pretty clos

The young lady sure has managed to get a lot of old folks' knickers in twists 

Posted Images

One of many surprise 46knot gusts we experienced on our North Atlantic crossing  On this occasion we had a full main and jib out. 16 to 46 knots of wind in less than 40 seconds. We were warned about these crazy weather systems, and it was so good for us to see how our boat handled (and how we handled) in a moment of intense stress. Like a freaking boss! @_nikkihenderson at the helm, @riley.whitelum trying to pull down the main and myself assisting with a camera in my mouth pulling lines, just finished making lunch, clearly unprepared. Hahaha. We were pumped with adrenaline for a very long time after this event. We can’t wait to share the videos with you. We’re expecting to have the first video edited and released by the end of the year! #sailinglavagabonde #gretathunberg Song by Jimmy Pinch 

Wishing this little groover @gretathunberg all the best in Madrid. Wish we could have made it participate in the march and listen to you speak at COP25.. but we have to keep sailing! Lots of love and support from the crew onboard La Vagabonde. Go get ‘em girl! #gretathunberg #cop25 #sailinglavagabonde

16 minutes ago, Dark Cloud said:

so Randumb is downvoting me. I am, mate, flattered - i didn't know you cared

I only care about cunts who downvote me for posting science.

image.png.c650b004d147348b29ad4f688231e99f.png

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

Just when this thread was slowing down because La Vag and her cargo arrived in Portugal, Random shows up as Astro.  How fortuitous.  Now it will continue on for who knows how long.  

Coincidence?  Some believe that there is no such thing as a coincidence.

• Like 1

I’m waiting for Jammer six to reincarnate. I just think he is too dumb to figure out how to create a sock. 

I found his real identity and Scott killed him off. He used the same name for all the other forums he was banned from and he used it as his gmail address for work chartering. Truly a stupid individual. Not a regular cunt like Astrodumb

38 minutes ago, Sail4beer said:

I’m waiting for Jammer six to reincarnate. I just think he is too dumb to figure out how to create a sock. 

I found his real identity and Scott killed him off. He used the same name for all the other forums he was banned from and he used it as his gmail address for work chartering. Truly a stupid individual. Not a regular cunt like Astrodumb

Jammer stood out for his stupidity, which is quite an achievement indeed in this place.

I really don't mind Random that much, he goes off the rails pretty often but I think he is probably not a bad guy overall.  

5 hours ago, Dark Cloud said:

so Randumb is downvoting me. I am, mate, flattered - i didn't know you cared

I have gotten more downvotes in this thread than all others combined. I got one recently from a poster I have never heard of from a post I made a month ago.

I think the S in SA stands for snowflakes.

• Downvote 1
39 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

Now her bush could well be on fire...

I fully expect a certain female Anarchist to come by and chastise you for that clearly sexist comment.  That is clearly worse than my expressing admiration for women's breasts in a most complimentary manner.

If she doesn't, I'm going to sue her for discrimination.   I think I'll throw in defamation, slander, and libel for good measure.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

I fully expect a certain female Anarchist to come by and chastise you for that clearly sexist comment.  That is clearly worse than my expressing admiration for women's breasts in a most complimentary manner.

If she doesn't, I'm going to sue her for discrimination.   I think I'll throw in defamation, slander, and libel for good measure.

I'll testify too!

I thought we were talking about bush fires?

• Like 1
31 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

I'll testify too!

I thought we were talking about bush fires?

Being flippant like that is just going to get you in even deeper trouble!  

But you probably enjoy getting in deep with women.   :lol:

22 minutes ago, Rasputin22 said:

Yes, exactly!

I might live in Poland where the women are... oh never mind. 

I am trying to say that English is my native language, and I have a pretty good vocabulary.

On 11/29/2019 at 4:11 AM, Bruce Hudson said:

Renewable power generation by geothermal, solar hydro and wind already are viable. 

That is in part why there have been renewable installations than coal, gas and solar over the last few years. The second reason is that they (especially solar and are less expensive to run.

Hahaha. What an idiotic thing to say. Poor don't consume as much, because they can't afford to. 

Are you smart enough to actually know what a moron is? An example of moronic writing:

Yes, a carbon tax is a tax. Zero carbon legislation is more than a tax.

The cost of power generated by fossil fuels may increase, the cost of power generated by renewables does not increase - in fact the cost continues to decline because advances in technology.

LB's fantasies about unicorns really enhance his credibility.

Carbon initiatives, in a few few more advanced countries who have figured out how to do it, are a reality.

Indeed it is a tangential, absurd point. And the 18th century, which you raised? The world's population was around 1 billion. 

Your original point was that either the world's population needed to decline, or we needed to revert to 18th century technology. Despite being asked, you did not justify this weird statement of yours. I was interested to hear your thinking behind this, though I guess I may have to face your lack of response is directly proportional to the amount of well considered logic that has been applied.

It certainly is turning out that way, when you account for the CO2 belching into the atmosphere. Good point to raise LB.

That you are thinking about having a belief in fecal matter is absurd.

All sorts of stuff ends up on Facebook. It ranges from absurdly fanciful (like unicorns) to carefully researched reports to news and more. In this case, initiatives have been successfully introduced by a select few advanced nations, while backward nations still listen to imaginative wankers who believe that the same initiatives can never make a difference. Know anyone like that LB?

Agreed.

Excellent to hear that you think laws don't apply to you. My hope that persons with such attitudes pay extra taxes for their attempts (deliberate or not) to fuck the planet, and fund the building of the necessary infrastructure to provide energy in less harmful forms - like renewable power generation which is reliable. Excellent that the renewable power generation is reliably increasing its role throughout the world.

You misquoted me. Those were LB's missives, not mine.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Bruce Hudson said:

Agreed. Apologies for getting that wrong.

No worries, Bruce.

My observation on this topic, now that it's over, is that that was one hell of an Atlantic crossing in places. Impressive.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, lasal said:

No worries, Bruce.

My observation on this topic, now that it's over, is that that was one hell of an Atlantic crossing in places. Impressive.

Thanks, and agreed. 

4 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

That's a pretty creepy and fucked-up story.

Stalker.

14 hours ago, LB 15 said:

5 years! Thank fuck! Greta only gave us 18 months. But then again another group of scientists said last week it was all ready too late. I wish they would settle the science.

Still a great tune,

Play them simultaneously..

Five years? parts of OZ will be lucky to have 5 hours.

2 hours ago, astro said:

That's a pretty creepy and fucked-up story.

Stalker.

He was a first class stalker for years on any Bob Perry thread. That’s what got him flicked.  He always told BP that he owned him. That’s creepy. I just used very little critical thinking to find out who he was from the other coast and all and it was a good thing for everyone. Glad Lester S. was bagged. 

Here’s his picture or at least really damn close. You can go to some other forums to see his real pic, but it’s identical. 

Check out the Jammer six has left and taken it all with him thread. Loads of fun there. He actually may have quit, but I love that thread and all it’s insight.

BC357CE3-754E-4E7C-A317-BEBADBBA5CA3.jpeg

The Guardian - Back to home
Support The Guardian
Available for everyone, funded by readers
ContributeSubscribe
current edition:Australia edition 
ShowMore 

Australia fires: almost 100 fires burn across NSW as 'mega fire' rages near Sydney

RFS says Gospers Mountain blaze, which has merged with neighbouring fires, will take many weeks to put out

LIVE Updated 12m ago

A fire truck in Werombi, 50km south-west of Sydney  A fire truck in Werombi, 50km south-west of Sydney. There are 94 bushfires across NSW, including 11 at a ‘watch and act’ level. Photograph: Reuters

Ben Doherty

Sat 7 Dec 2019 09.57 AEDTFirst published on Sat 7 Dec 2019 09.42 AEDT

•  
  •  
  •  
Shares

12m ago09:57

My colleague Lisa Cox has written this most excellent, timely and sobering piece: climate experts bewildered by government “burying their heads in the sand” and say the bushfires on Australia’s east coast should be a “wake-up call”. If you read nothing else today (save for this blog, obviously), read this.

15m ago09:54

Behind all of those out there on the firefront, there is an army of support.

Clinton Cowin(@MrTradiePad)

It’s been a hectic couple of days helping family and friends through this tough #bushfiresNSW time. So pumped to see the generosity and community spirit shining through! Turning Point Camden and Pizza Spot in Camden South, you guys are ANGELS!! (Links in comments) pic.twitter.com/idlRI63vyV

December 6, 2019

16m ago09:53

This vision, broadcast on ABC, demonstrates what volunteer fire crews have been up again, and will face again today.

Jane Hutchens(@jane_hutchens)

Unbelievable courage and selflessness. Humbling.

Thank you, thank you.

Still waiting for any sort of leadership state or national level.#NSWfires #NSWbushfires pic.twitter.com/SxmlbgN2or

December 5, 2019

28m ago09:42

NSW and Queensland brace for brutal fire day....

Good morning, welcome to Guardian Australia’s rolling coverage of the bushfire crisis. Australia is on fire, and the country’s east coast, in particular NSW and southern Queensland, faces a brutal day of hot weather, strong winds and no rain in sight.

This morning, the NSW Rural Fire Service has warned the Gospers Mountain ‘mega fire’ north of Sydney will burn for many weeks. The fire has already burned more than 300,000 hectares and has a front more than 60 kilometres. Around 1000 homes have been damaged or destroyed by fire this season.

Nearly 100 fires are burning across the state Saturday morning.

In Queensland, 40 fires are burning, and temperatures are expected to soar – up to 12C above December averages – in coming days. Temperatures are forecast to reach 39C in Brisbane on Saturday, and above 40C inland, in Gatton and Ipswich.

The Bureau of Meteorology has painted a grim picture for the coming week, with winds forecast to whip dangerous fire grounds and no rain relief in sight.

Some fires are generating plumes of smoke that are so vast, they appear as rain on the bureau’s radar.

“The massive NSW fires are in some cases just too big to put out at the moment,” the Bureau of Meteorology said on social media.

“They’re pumping out vast amounts of smoke, which is filling the air, turning the sky orange and even appearing like significant rain on our radars.”

Read The
Guardian without
interruption on all
your devices

Subscribe now432.png

Drought in Australia: rainfall deficiency from January 2017 to August 2019
Rainfall deficiency compares rainfall over a given period with the long-term average, and then determines if it is below average, and by how much. Here, you can see how bad the drought has been over a 32 month period with rainfall percentiles showing areas with the lowest rainfall on record, a severe deficiency in rainfall, or a serious deficiency.

Guardian graphic | Source: BoM

28 minutes ago, huey 2 said:
Rainfall deficiency compares rainfall over a given period with the long-term average, and then determines if it is below average, and by how much. Here, you can see how bad the drought has been over a 32 month period with rainfall percentiles showing areas with the lowest rainfall on record, a severe deficiency in rainfall, or a serious deficiency.

Huey, buddy, you're having a meltdown.

Here's some light reading to give you some perspective and take your mind off things...

https://www.nma.gov.au/defining-moments/resources/federation-drought

The Federation Drought from 1895 to 1903 was the worst in Australia’s history, if measured by the enormous stock losses it caused. It ended squatter-dominated pastoralism in New South Wales and Queensland, as bank foreclosures and the resumption of leases led to the partition of large stations for more intensive settlement and agricultural use.

• Like 1

And speaking of meltdowns, it looks like the clock is ticking....

The global wave of school strikes for the climate over the past 12 months has “achieved nothing” because greenhouse gas emissions have continued to rise, Greta Thunberg told activists at United Nations climate talks in Madrid.

The 16-year-old Swedish climate activist said that calls for real action against climate change are still being “ignored” by political leaders – despite their continuous praise of the global environmental youth movement she helped create.

And...

In the four years since the landmark Paris Accord agreement was signed, greenhouse gas emissions have risen by four per cent.

The talks this year are not expected to produce new commitments on carbon from the world’s biggest emitters.

Thunberg was hopeful that the two-week round of annual climate negotiations – which commenced on Monday – would lead to “real action” and world leaders would grasp the urgency of the climate crisis.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/climate-change/clamour-as-greta-thunberg-joins-climate-activists-in-madrid/news-story/124735c79dc26121344b88b7240961ce

10 minutes ago, Toecutter's Ghost said:

It's a shame she still doesn't understand there's a time to use a hammer and a time to use a carrot. Greta is 100% hammer

Greta-Thunberg-GETTY.jpg?resize=600,400

but that's where her superpower lets her down.

The machine that is behind her know that, which is why they are using her as their hammer and they will eventually sideline her so they can hand out carrots.

1 hour ago, huey 2 said:

Yes but like every previous drought, including the many that are worse than this, I will rain again.

27 minutes ago, LB 15 said:

Yes but like every previous drought, including the many that are worse than this, I will rain again.

The California fire season ended this past week with what we woould ordinarily call a good rainstorm or maybe a northeaster. But no, the weather people now have to call it a "bomb cyclone." Fookin' idiots.

18 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

The California fire season ended this past week with what we woould ordinarily call a good rainstorm or maybe a northeaster. But no, the weather people now have to call it a "bomb cyclone." Fookin' idiots.

Yup, the reports from the buoy off Cape Blanco only showed 40 foot average wave height with one wave over

70 feet and  a max wind gust of 105... not really worth warning the public that something serious was about

to happen. Head on outside and have fun.

"bomb cyclone" is a legit description for a category of extremely rapid formation of a low that tracks in the

direction of the strongest surface winds. They have killed sailors in California before and probably will again.

• Like 2
Just now, oysterhead said:

Yup, the reports from the buoy off Cape Blanco only showed 40 foot average wave height with one wave over

70 feet and  a max wind gust of 105... not really worth warning the public that something serious was about

to happen. Head on outside and have fun.

"bomb cyclone" is a legit description for a category of extremely rapid formation of a low that tracks in the

direction of the strongest surface winds. They have killed sailors in California before and probably will again.

Yeah but we just called it a rapidly deepening low and that worked. "Bomb." Great. Oh and let;s name every fucking winter snowstorm too.
We see 40+ foot waves on NOAA seabuoys on the Atlantic side with northeasters. That's not a unique or new phenomenon.

At some point "bomb" won't sound scary enough. What next? Nuke cyclone?

9 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

Is she wearing the actual same hat? There seems to be something added now that wasn;t there before, but the main stuff all looks identical.

I thick ist the ermine binge supplimentted by white haire                                  :)

• Like 1

The coiner of the term "bomb" cyclone. 1980. Farther back than I ever would have thought. I guess it took a while to catch on. drop faster than 24mB in 24 hours. Of interest, one of the guys who wrote the paper that coined it actually mentions the Fastnet race storm.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/capital-weather-gang/wp/2018/01/04/this-researcher-helped-coin-the-term-bomb-cyclone-he-did-it-to-keep-people-safe/

It’s all over. We had, like 18 months to save the planet but that was, like so last summer. 

I2 more months of carbon dioxide and we’re going to fall off a cliff and never recover. 

Schoolchildren all over the world are  happy and looking forward to the holidays and having fun. I’ve got to remind them of our bleak future, to keep their spirits down.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

It's a shame she still doesn't understand there's a time to use a hammer and a time to use a carrot. Greta is 100% hammer

I think she is on the trailing end of the carrot stick and the mesmerized followers take the messenger to be the message. 

2 hours ago, LB 15 said:

And the land will spring anew with fodder for the future cataclysm.

The cycle continues unabated 

Been away for a few weeks.  Looks like I didn't miss much.

Still pretty fucking cold where I'm at; we could use a little Climate Change as far as I'm concerned.

I live on a sailboat.  I give less than two shits if the sea level rises a couple feet over the the next decade, or eighteen months, or six weeks, or what the fuck ever it is that the latest so called climate genius has predicted.

Learn to swim bitches.

• Like 2

These mayors pledged to reduce emissions. Why are they widening highways?

Climate Mayors make big promises at international summits—but some are expanding fossil-fuel infrastructure at home

https://www.curbed.com/2019/12/6/20802235/climate-mayors-widening-highways-emissions

Greta admits the truth.

The global wave of school strikes for the climate over the past 12 months has “achieved nothing” because greenhouse gas emissions have continued to rise, Greta Thunberg told activists at United Nations climate talks in Madrid.

Of course her handlers have achieved nothing in real terms but they did get to hang around North America on someone else's dime for a few months and got many more facebook likes. So there is that. Where the fuck do they store all the thoughts and prayers they get sent?

But, flanked by three activists from Spain and Uganda, she told reporters: “We have been striking now for over a year, and still basically nothing has happened.”

“We don’t want to continue,” Thunberg said.

https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/climate-change/clamour-as-greta-thunberg-joins-climate-activists-in-madrid/news-story/124735c79dc26121344b88b7240961ce

7 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

The machine that is behind her know that, which is why they are using her as their hammer and they will eventually sideline her so they can hand out carrots.

image.png.5a86f4d5c78867268216f209b7f4a486.png

8 hours ago, huey 2 said:

this is a better graphic.

http://www.bom.gov.au/climate/history/rainfall/

Or maybe in a more compact form. If anything, its getting wetter.

rain.aus.0112.25650.png

latest.gif

• Like 1
7 hours ago, LB 15 said:

Greta admits the truth.

Of course her handlers have achieved nothing in real terms but they did get to hang around North America on someone else's dime for a few months and got many more facebook likes. So there is that. Where the fuck do they store all the thoughts and prayers they get sent?

Let’s get down to the most important aspect. Our future OneWorld government, led by the UN IPCC, needs to get down to business ASAP:

Meanwhile, officials from more than 190 countries gathered at the UN climate conference, aiming to streamline the rules on global carbon markets and agree on how poor countries should be compensated for destruction largely caused by emissions from rich nations.

56 minutes ago, Toecutter's Ghost said:

Giphy stocks just shot through the roof

I knew Random would return so I went long on them some time ago.  I rolling in dough now!  

On 12/4/2019 at 6:08 PM, The Dark Knight said:

and very appropriate for describing 16th hole in his head.

Yes it would be appalling to use the word Retard to describe someone on the autism spectrum and also appalling and ignorant to suggest someone wanted to refer to Greta in that way, hence my response to the ignorant 16th  

No. It is appalling to use the word. Period. You are making fun of someone by comparing them to someone with a neurological disorder -- using a word that has been considered offensive for at least 20 years.  

4 hours ago, Saint Greta said:

Let’s get down to the most important aspect. Our future OneWorld government, led by the UN IPCC, needs to get down to business ASAP:

Meanwhile, officials from more than 190 countries gathered at the UN climate conference, aiming to streamline the rules on global carbon markets and agree on how poor countries should be compensated for destruction largely caused by emissions from rich nations.

Keep in mind that during the 80’s and 90’s these same organization’s top priority was to completely eradicate the cannabis plant from Mother Earth. I gave up on them then. I can’t imagine how harmful it would be to purposely cause the extinction of the most versatile plant in the world. Hemp, hemp seed and the marijuana with THC have been the basis of clothing(Irish linen), food and medicine for thousands of years. 
But when you get congressman Henry Anslinger involved with Du Pont Corporation to sell the new polyester nylon byproduct from petroleum production in the 40’s, the push was on.

Plus, back then only the filthy black and Mexican population was considered to use the plant for relief and relaxation so it was easy to demonize the Cannabis plant by calling it “marijuana”, a Spanish word unfamiliar to white America. Couple that with raids on Jazz clubs targeting the black population and you have the destruction of an entire culture for the benefit of corporate greed. I have to also thank the cross dressing J. Edgar Hoover for pushing the whole agenda along for so long. That’s why government sucks when it stops looking to protect your life, property and freedom 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, charisma94 said:

But she doesn't have handlers...

Oops! We forgot about that.

She is so independent and omniscient. 

That’s what happens when you skip years of Fridays and then drop out of school completely because you are so intelligent that you see all we have abandoned to our ignorance. 

Thanks kid!

6 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

Plus, back then only the filthy black and Mexican population...

You are very giving Sail4beer.

By saying this you certainly have made a difference in how others perceive you.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
7 minutes ago, Bruce Hudson said:

You are very giving Sail4beer.

By saying this you certainly have made a difference in how others perceive you.

Bruce, what was racist about sail's post ?

Again you read words beyond the letters. I am not a racist, my best friend was a black man and I wish he were still alive to change the world. I grew up in a Puerto Rican Slum in Philadelphia and was subject to constant racism from these poor uneducated immigrants when they moved en masse to our abandoned factory neighborhood in 1972. But please go on and tell me how describing a National situation that has been so detrimental to the American African and Latino communities is not an injustice to America, the home of diversity and change. 

Where you live there are only white people with no discernible ties to slavery, racism and bigotry.  Is that how you are so righteous? Walk a kilometer in my shoes, motherfucker. You’d fall in two steps. 
May ancestors were the first slaves in America, dumbass. It took hundreds of years for my Irish to be treated as whites like you of English descent, if that’s what you are.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Dark Cloud said:

Bruce, what was racist about sail's post ?

Bruce is a misconstruer. That's his only skill. Causing shit-fights over imagined extrapolated twitsted distorted or otherwise adulterated meanings of everything he reads.

1 minute ago, Sail4beer said:

Again you read words beyond the letters. I am not a racist, my best friend was a black man and I wish he were still alive to change the world. I grew up in a Puerto Rican Slum in Philadelphia and was subject to constant racism from these poor uneducated immigrants when they moved en masse to our abandoned factory neighborhood in 1972. But please go on and tell me how describing a National situation that has been so detrimental to the American African and Latino communities is not an injustice to America, the home of diversity and change.

That all might be true, and I am guessing you have some freedom of speech (the US has the third strongest freedom of speech in the world.)

I am very happy to challenge you in your use of language which appears to be based on hate.

1 minute ago, Sail4beer said:

Where you live there are only white people with no discernible ties to slavery, racism and bigotry.  Is that how you are so righteous? Walk a kilometer in my shoes, motherfucker. You’d fall in two steps 

False. Where I live 75% do not identify as white. NZ has racism, bigotry and a history of slavery.

You are well within you rights to attack me for being 'righteous', or calling me a "motherfucker". However if I were you I would be more concerned about defending yourself, or retracting what seems to me to be a message of hate. (Is calling two groups "filthy" anything other than a message of hate? Please explain).

I'm happy to call you on this Sail4beer.

The exact words you used: "...filthy black and Mexican population..."

Please explain what you meant.

18 minutes ago, fastyacht said:

Bruce is a misconstruer. That's his only skill. Causing shit-fights over imagined extrapolated twitsted distorted or otherwise adulterated meanings of everything he reads.

Maybe you can explain what Sail4beer meant by "...filthy black and Mexican population..." since you are so eager to defend its use.

8 hours ago, DavidC59 said:

No. It is appalling to use the word. Period. You are making fun of someone by comparing them to someone with a neurological disorder -- using a word that has been considered offensive for at least 20 years.  

Retard, when used as a verb is to refer to delay or hold back in terms of progress or development, or to be delayed.[1] As a noun, it is considered a dated, offensive and pejorative term when used to refer to a person who has a mental disability.[2] It was previously used as a genuine term in medical contexts, though has since been succeeded with the term "intellectual disability" in many laws and documents throughout countries in the world. It is also used as an informal term to refer to a foolish or stupid person, though this informal usage has been viewed by many as controversial, mainly due to confusion to the words' history as a medical term.[3]

Don't confuse past and present definitions you idiot.

Ooops I did it again

An idiot, dolt, dullard or (archaically) mome, in modern use, is a stupid or foolish person.

It was formerly a technical term in legal and psychiatric contexts for some kinds of profound intellectual disability where the mental age is two years or less, and the person cannot guard himself or herself against common physical dangers. The term was gradually replaced by the term profound mental retardation (which has itself since been replaced by other terms).[1] Along with terms like moron, imbecile, and cretin, it is archaic and offensive in those uses.[2]

I'd c