Mystery Text

Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

My SO gets a text that appeared to be from me. It was sent at 3:30AM.  I was sound asleep at that time.

My phone shows no such text having been sent, or even drafted.   I went back months, and nothing.

Any ideas how this could have happened?

2 minutes ago, Windward said:

Yes, it was a computer glitch.  That is all.  Lots of snowflakes seem to be expressing faux outrage.

The text read, "Steve was always freaked out by that."  I have a son named Steve.

Maybe your wife is messing with you and she sent it from your phone while your were sleeping, then deleted it on your phone.

How large is your life insurance policy and is she the primary beneficiary?

Last week I was texting back and forth with a business associate. After about a dozen texts, I got a "LOL! Who is this?" text. I texted my first name, and asked if this person was named what my assoc was named. "No. Why are you texting me?" was the reply.

Luckily none of the texts were industry sensitive, but since then I have kept my texts to this assoc. to "Call me".

I think at some point in the future you travelled faster than the speed of light, went back in time and sent the text before going back to the present. 

• Like 2

This just happened to my son on Thursday night. He received a text from both myself and my wife that neither of us sent. One asking how his day was and the other asking about one of his rugby matches. Very odd the random detail the text had that supposedly came from my phone. Most be some sort of virus.

3 hours ago, Mrleft8 said:

Last week I was texting back and forth with a business associate. After about a dozen texts, I got a "LOL! Who is this?" text. I texted my first name, and asked if this person was named what my assoc was named. "No. Why are you texting me?" was the reply.

Luckily none of the texts were industry sensitive, but since then I have kept my texts to this assoc. to "Call me".

That might get you a subpoena :ph34r:

18 hours ago, bplipschitz said:

My guess it got stuck in the chamber, some where along the way, and just now found its way out.  No biggie.

Oh, no.  It's much worse!  AI is about to take over our world!

1283159725_0_ulz5mvlcGo5EDpaY1.thumb.gif.636ecf7c13b1183fe03466173a195979.gif

4 hours ago, garuda3 said:

recieved one form my daughter, 

about bring home Pizza for dinner tonight, 

interesting cause she lives in NY and I'm in Fl, she never sent it

Too bad. The pizza in NY is much better (in general) than FL.

• Like 1
On 11/8/2019 at 9:27 AM, Jules said:

Has anyone ever had this happen to them?

My SO gets a text that appeared to be from me. It was sent at 3:30AM.  I was sound asleep at that time.

My phone shows no such text having been sent, or even drafted.   I went back months, and nothing.

Any ideas how this could have happened?

two possibilities come to mind.  First this can happen in iWorld.  A text from an iPad or a Mac sharing the Apple ID as your phone can send a text that appears to come from your phone.

The second is a hole in the space-time continueum 

4 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

I guess the really scary part is who would ever want to live in Florida!

I made the mistake ! I just couldn't handle the snow and cold , and with all the younger woman looking for sugar daddies what could go wrong, have to write a book on that!

and now that another invasive aminal moved here .....TRUMP  , it may be time leave

• Like 2
3 hours ago, garuda3 said:

I made the mistake ! I just couldn't handle the snow and cold , and with all the younger woman looking for sugar daddies what could go wrong, have to write a book on that!

and now that another invasive aminal moved here .....TRUMP  , it may be time leave

You can co-author the book with VWAP, and PB.  What a riveting seller it would be!

Lesbian Robot could pen the intro for you.

Seems to be happening more.

Last night, the lil' woman threw one of her patented shit fits.  She had called me to let her into the house and help with the groceries - but her called rolled over to voice mail.  I never helped or even called back - as I was happily oblivious in the man cave.  I showed her the phone in my pocket - no call - no voice mail. Her phone showed the call.  Verizon will probably send it one night at 2:10 am.

And... She's still mad at me - as it was obviously my fault.   ;)

14 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

I guess the really scary part is who would ever want to live in Florida!

Those born here and are too stupid to leave and those who thought shoveling snow was worse than living in Florida. 

10 hours ago, garuda3 said:

This state looks worse all the time.

My dad retired to Juno Isles (just south of you) and we used to go down for a week or two in early spring.  It was heaven!  Living here is entirely different.

13 minutes ago, Jules said:

This state looks worse all the time.

My dad retired to Juno Isles (just south of you) and we used to go down for a week or two in early spring.  It was heaven!  Living here is entirely different.

In Jupiter, which once was ( 10 yrs ago) a quaint sea side town , is now a concrete jungle , with more and more condo's going up, 

If global warming doesn't get it , it will sink form the weight of all the concrete and all the noodle ladies from Jersey.

2 hours ago, garuda3 said:

In Jupiter, which once was ( 10 yrs ago) a quaint sea side town , is now a concrete jungle , with more and more condo's going up, 

If global warming doesn't get it , it will sink form the weight of all the concrete and all the noodle ladies from Jersey.

Last time I was there was 20+ years ago.  I liked it then.

20 hours ago, Charlie Foxtrot said:

It always is and always will be.  

You didn't pay attention to that last vow when you said "I do"?

On 11/10/2019 at 10:58 AM, Charlie Foxtrot said:

Seems to be happening more.

Last night, the lil' woman threw one of her patented shit fits.  She had called me to let her into the house and help with the groceries - but her called rolled over to voice mail.  I never helped or even called back - as I was happily oblivious in the man cave.  I showed her the phone in my pocket - no call - no voice mail. Her phone showed the call.  Verizon will probably send it one night at 2:10 am.

Continuing to assume this is an iPhone.... every so often you need to give the phone an I-enema.  Double tap and close applications, then do a restart.

• Like 1