Aussie/Kiwi ocean and club racers

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Little update on the old Elliott 10.5 Refit project

We just enjoyed 2 weeks cruising great batrier island with 3 kids in our 80k 1980s wooden 4kt shitbox. Pretty good consdering that we managed to smash a Kerr 40, welborne 42 wedgetail and many others

Somebody is going to get a good deal, (I hope!). I don't even want to look at the ad, this was the boat I wanted to keep till you prised my cold dead hands off the helm   It's funny how life turn

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Liquid Assett NZ said:

Iain Murray and associates apparently

Yep, that is what I was told about when HA was amended from the standard Elliott 10.5, still got the hum in the centerboard at certain speed though.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, podrick said:

Yep, that is what I was told about when HA was amended from the standard Elliott 10.5, still got the hum in the centerboard at certain speed though.

Look forward to finding out 

19 hours ago, Liquid Assett NZ said:

Iain Murray and associates apparently

14 hours ago, podrick said:

1 hour ago, Liquid Assett NZ said:

Look forward to finding out 

So some careful shimming of the whole system to avoid slop, profiling of foil surface with templates and a skewed trailing edge and you'll be Golden!

Well worth the effort both upwind and down........

That hum was always music to my ears. Came on around 13 or 14 knots IIRC. Love to see her getting a good pretty up! Still one of my favourite boats to sail on.

• Like 2
15 hours ago, decaf said:

That hum was always music to my ears. Came on around 13 or 14 knots IIRC. Love to see her getting a good pretty up! Still one of my favourite boats to sail on.

She's getting a good birthday new paint and general tidy up inside it needed a bit of love. Had to change the name though will keep us updated here wont be long

3 minutes ago, Liquid Assett NZ said:

Seadeck product is pretty damn cool loving it 

imagejpeg_3.jpg

imagejpeg_2(8).jpg

SeaDek not Seadeck...

I googled Seadeck and got this 

"

Luxury On Water

Seadeck is a floating oasis measuring 42 meters, handcrafted European super-yacht comprising 3 decks and 360-degree views on Sydney Harbour. Boasting curated cocktails, the latest playlists and impeccable service. Having sailed over 10,000 nautical miles to reach its home on King Street Wharf, Seadeck features luxurious lounge seating and bespoke furnishings sourced from high-end suppliers all over the world."

This is the "handcrafted European super-yacht" 

LOL

image.png.ad00ae01fdf0aebd34d08e232d3be947.png

33 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

SeaDek not Seadeck...

"

Luxury On Water

Seadeck is a floating oasis measuring 42 meters, handcrafted European super-yacht comprising 3 decks and 360-degree views on Sydney Harbour. Boasting curated cocktails, the latest playlists and impeccable service. Having sailed over 10,000 nautical miles to reach its home on King Street Wharf, Seadeck features luxurious lounge seating and bespoke furnishings sourced from high-end suppliers all over the world."

LOL

Copy that

On 4/9/2021 at 3:34 PM, Liquid Assett NZ said:

imagejpeg_3.jpg

imagejpeg_2(8).jpg

Nice. I ride past on my bike every day going to work. Its been cool to see the progress you are making. Its really looking good. 

I keep looking ant Rampant with Yoti. Now down to $39k. Seems no one likes older wooden boats. I suspect it would be an IRC bandit, although that design has a bit more volume than the 1020. And would be nicer to sail than a North Shore.

• Like 1
On 4/9/2021 at 1:40 PM, The Dark Knight said:

SeaDek not Seadeck...

"

Luxury On Water

LOL

WTF is a "curated cocktail" ??

On 4/16/2021 at 9:09 AM, Rudder_NZ said:

Nice. I ride past on my bike every day going to work. Its been cool to see the progress you are making. Its really looking good. 

Cheers man come for a hoon sometime only a few weeks away.

Rigs in now

20210413_140307.jpg

20210413_140228.jpg

• Like 2
On 3/30/2021 at 11:47 AM, SPORTSCAR said:

The Rx sticker would look much nicer on her original silver livery. Pooh Brown is most unbecoming for any yacht.

Brightwork without the 'work'? 

On 4/9/2021 at 3:34 PM, Liquid Assett NZ said:

imagejpeg_3.jpg

imagejpeg_2(8).jpg

That's smart.

• 1 month later...

Bounce. So where did Brindabella end up?

Rampant in Sydney sold. I hope someone will trick it out.

The DK in Qld sold? Seemed like good value especially as 44.7 prices have crept up again.

One Sydney 38 sold, a couple more and the Sydhey 40 still around.

A lot of Farr 40s on the market now the Worlds have goen again.

A Ker 11.3 with everything for sale in SA.

And the 50s and TP52s continue to sit there unloved.

In NZ I understand Fineline and Icebreaker both sold. Pretty Boy Floyd didn't. And the XP44 is for sale - presumably on 3rd party instruction. Plus a good range of 930s on the market.

I'm pretty certain WA is still part of Australia, they haven't totally rebelled yet right? :lol::lol:

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Rushman said:

I did, it said Queensland

The broker must be a SA reader!

Ummmmm No. Time for an Eye appointment or Remedial Reading classes...........

Weapon of Choice.jpg

36 minutes ago, Boink said:

Ummmmm No. Time for an Eye appointment or Remedial Reading classes...........

Weapon of Choice.jpg

It didn’t say that yesterday.

I might be going mad 

45 minutes ago, Rushman said:

I might be going mad 

All Good,  did try to give you an out..... The Broker is Noosa based but it's location is there in Black and White..... Freo based, to be specific.

2 hours ago, Rushman said:

I might be going mad 

Yes, it did say QLD when I posted the ad here.

you might be going mad, but the boat ovation is not the reason.

1 hour ago, Boink said:

All Good,  did try to give you an out..... The Broker is Noosa based but it's location is there in Black and White..... Freo based, to be specific.

The ad had both listed yesterday, only WA today.

I had this thought that the mast had been lost in a race to Lancelin (my memory might be off on the destination) so the location of Noosa had me confused. The ad mentioned single owner which led to a google search to see if I was thinking of a different boat... I had the right boat.

Was there a sister boat launched at a similar time... Young Guns (?) which ended up in New Zealand?

5 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

Yes, it did say QLD when I posted the ad here.

you might be going mad, but the boat ovation is not the reason.

Thank you for confirming my sanity and eyesight

Yes, Young Guns was in Auckland but I haven't seen it for a while. Sort of got left in a lonely space by Anarchy going to 40 and the Melges 40 fleet turning up. Did it sell? Where to?

And I saw Queensland too.

9 minutes ago, The Dark Knight said:

She's looking good.

Have you had to get many new sails or will you figure that out now she's on the water?

The upwind sails are in good nick actually they will do a year or two. Do need some fractional downwind gear it's all big stuff and being in Wellington will need some little gear 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Jason AUS said:

CAN BE USED FOR MANY GREAT IDEAS:

FOR EXAMPLE: UPSIDE DOWN ROOF, AN EYE CATCHING DISPLAY "THE BIG BOAT" INSTEAD OF "THE BIG PRAWN, BANANA, PINEAPPLE, POTATO, ETC" - PERFECT IN FRONT OF A WATERFRONT RESTAURANT, CAFE OR FOR A COUNCIL WANTING ATTENTION.

LOL

8 hours ago, The Dark Knight said:

LOL

I recall that someone converted one of the last IMS maxis a decade or so ago into a pilot house motor yacht. I think it was one of the S&S boats, but you could buy this hull for $10k and spend $2 million to get a $500,000 boat?

Roddy Muir at one stage had the mould for Windward Passage 2 set up in the car park of one of his Newcastle nightclubs as a bar.   It looked the part with the race boat's spare mast stepped.  Had quite a few pints of lunch there way back when.

Now all I need is $10K and a carpark!

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/10/2021 at 9:53 PM, BoatSlut said:

I've had some fun times on that toy

Anyone know where the the old keel is?

the 4m draft kills it for me presently.

One of them ended up under Infinity 111.  But it wouldn't have helped you much because from memory it took her draft to 13' 6"  ish.

I'm sure there would have been others though.

On 7/9/2021 at 4:31 PM, PIL66 - XL2 said:

Always a shame to see an objectively cool boat like that be in need of TLC. To be back racing surely it would need at least $50k+ of bits and bobs, without even buying new sails etc. 

On 7/15/2021 at 1:42 PM, Fintho said:

Always a shame to see an objectively cool boat like that be in need of TLC. To be back racing surely it would need at least $50k+ of bits and bobs, without even buying new sails etc. 

Nope... if rigging and sails are fine it only need an engine fluids bottom paint and winch servicing... very simple boat

On 7/16/2021 at 4:05 PM, PIL66 - XL2 said:

Nope... if rigging and sails are fine it only need an engine fluids bottom paint and winch servicing... very simple boat

The main is quite new, with little use.

I observed the self destruction of the prior main while trimming said sail 

On 7/18/2021 at 6:06 AM, BoatSlut said:

The main is quite new, with little use.

I observed the self destruction of the prior main while trimming said sail 

don't be so hard on yourself! :D