Eet Mor LBTG Chikn: Chick-Fil-A Caves To Libtards

See, that wasn't so hard.  What national chain will righties find soon to carry fascist-flavored water?

Beginning next year, Chick-fil-A will move away from its current philanthropic structure, Bisnow has learned. After donating to more than 300 charitable organizations this year, the Atlanta-based fast-food chain will instead focus on three initiatives with one accompanying charity each: education, homelessness and hunger.  “There’s no question we know that, as we go into new markets, we need to be clear about who we are,” Chick-fil-A President and Chief Operating Officer Tim Tassopoulos said in an interview with Bisnow. “There are lots of articles and newscasts about Chick-fil-A, and we thought we needed to be clear about our message.” The new initiative will no longer include donating to organizations like the Salvation Army, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Paul Anderson Youth Home, Chick-fil-A says, all of which sparked criticism in the past from the LGBT community due to the organizations’ stances on homosexuality.  The move comes after several U.S. airports rejected the company from concessions deals earlier this year. More recently, the landlord of the first Chick-fil-A in the U.K. announced eight days into its lease the pop-up venue would not be welcome to extend — all because of the company’s perceived anti-LGBT stance.  The company is also months from opening its first location in Boston, where the late Mayor Thomas Menino pledged to ban the company from opening within city limits after Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy voiced his opposition to gay marriage in 2012.  Starting next year, the Chick-fil-A Foundation plans to give $9M to organizations like Junior Achievement USA to support education, Covenant House International to fight homelessness and community food banks for its hunger initiative in each city where the chain operates. The company intends to dedicate $25K to a local food bank each time it opens a new location. 

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/national/news/retail/exclusive-amid-global-expansion-and-lgbt-pushback-chick-fil-a-changes-charitable-giving-structure-101818?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

See, that wasn't so hard.  What national chain will righties find soon to carry fascist-flavored water?

Beginning next year, Chick-fil-A will move away from its current philanthropic structure, Bisnow has learned. After donating to more than 300 charitable organizations this year, the Atlanta-based fast-food chain will instead focus on three initiatives with one accompanying charity each: education, homelessness and hunger.  “There’s no question we know that, as we go into new markets, we need to be clear about who we are,” Chick-fil-A President and Chief Operating Officer Tim Tassopoulos said in an interview with Bisnow. “There are lots of articles and newscasts about Chick-fil-A, and we thought we needed to be clear about our message.” The new initiative will no longer include donating to organizations like the Salvation Army, the Fellowship of Christian Athletes and the Paul Anderson Youth Home, Chick-fil-A says, all of which sparked criticism in the past from the LGBT community due to the organizations’ stances on homosexuality.  The move comes after several U.S. airports rejected the company from concessions deals earlier this year. More recently, the landlord of the first Chick-fil-A in the U.K. announced eight days into its lease the pop-up venue would not be welcome to extend — all because of the company’s perceived anti-LGBT stance.  The company is also months from opening its first location in Boston, where the late Mayor Thomas Menino pledged to ban the company from opening within city limits after Chick-fil-A CEO Dan Cathy voiced his opposition to gay marriage in 2012.  Starting next year, the Chick-fil-A Foundation plans to give $9M to organizations like Junior Achievement USA to support education, Covenant House International to fight homelessness and community food banks for its hunger initiative in each city where the chain operates. The company intends to dedicate $25K to a local food bank each time it opens a new location. 

Read more at: https://www.bisnow.com/national/news/retail/exclusive-amid-global-expansion-and-lgbt-pushback-chick-fil-a-changes-charitable-giving-structure-101818?utm_source=CopyShare&utm_medium=Browser

Hey, they'll do the right thing!  As soon as they are forced to by $$$.  And if the right supremacist group was a bigger market than say, Boston, I'm sure we'd be getting little swastikas burned into their grilled chicken.  In certain areas of the country.

16 minutes ago, Steam Flyer said:

I don't eat at Chic-Fil-A because I think the name is stupid and I just don't much like chicken. But I did not know about their corporate donations, I wonder if they'd be interested in funding some youth sailing programs.

-DSK

I didn't eat there for a long time because chicken sandwiches are just sort of average, so how good could it be?  Turns out, it is quite excellent.  Outstanding actually.  And, unlike other fast food, even when the chicken sandwiches get cold, they are still very edible.  

It seems that the company's sales have nearly tripled since 2009, and have never gone down year over year.  They must be doing something right.

I had a chicken sandwich at Chick-fil-A and was not impressed at all. First, the lunch at $7 was too expensive for a piece of chicken on a bun with a pickle on it; it was almost as if they stole the idea from McDonald's. Sure, it was tasty, but when you steam everything to make it easily digestible, you tend to fall for that.

I won't go back, even if I am in a hurry, there are better places to find a healthier meal.

18 minutes ago, jzk said:

maybe the attention is a net positive for them.  

if it is, why would they ensure an end to the attention by no longer donating to anti-LGBT christian sharia practicers?  

26 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

if it is, why would they ensure an end to the attention by no longer donating to anti-LGBT christian sharia practicers?  

Why is it an end?  Looks like it got you talking about it.

Who would eat there when you could have a Publix chicken tender sammich that is far superior?  If you must factor whether it is an American or DemocRAT place of business into your decision, the Publix heirs donate to Gov. DeSantis and Pres. Trump, so they are clearly Americans, but that is their prerogative.  The company doesn't play favorites. 

15 minutes ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

Who would eat there when you could have a Publix chicken tender sammich that is far superior?  If you must factor whether it is an American or DemocRAT place of business into your decision, the Publix heirs donate to Gov. DeSantis and Pres. Trump, so they are clearly Americans, but that is their prerogative.  The company doesn't play favorites. 

I will give it a try.  There is a Publix right down the street from the marina.  However, I find the meat selection at Winn dixie far superior and a much better deal.

1 hour ago, Saorsa said:

5612bc371800002d00dc12af.png?ops=scalefi

5d4c76e71aedf814df665093-1136-852.jpg

KFC offers a 50-year-old menu of high fat, cholesterol, and boredom. Chick-fil-A offers pretty much the same but offers healthy choices like grilled chicken and salads. Chick-fil-A also puts monosodium glutamate in its food, which arguably makes people think the food tastes better. Natural food proponents will tell you that MSG can cause asthma, headaches, and in some cases, brain damage. Trump's FDA will tell you it is fine to eat. I guess that people will get bored with it like everything else.

I prefer Royal Castle Chicken..... But that ain't available up here....

3 hours ago, badlatitude said:

KFC offers a 50-year-old menu of high fat, cholesterol, and boredom. Chick-fil-A offers pretty much the same but offers healthy choices like grilled chicken and salads. Chick-fil-A also puts monosodium glutamate in its food, which arguably makes people think the food tastes better. Natural food proponents will tell you that MSG can cause asthma, headaches, and in some cases, brain damage. Trump's FDA will tell you it is fine to eat. I guess that people will get bored with it like everything else.

Refer to Post #11 for Gastronomic Rule #1.

9 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I think we've been down this road before.

I want to know if the owners, board, and senior management will also stop funneling their money to anti-gay hate groups.

Fool me once...I'd like to seem them make some amends and outreach to the LGBTQ+ community before they start getting any kudos.

1 hour ago, Battlecheese said:
3 hours ago, Steam Flyer said:

Looks like Chic-Fil-A has figured out how to rip off it's customers a lot more than KFC has.

- DSK

KFC is hampered by their food, which is some of the grossest shit sold anywhere.

That's what anyone with any sense steers clear of the Bland Chicken and the Hate Chicken and takes their ass to Popeye's.

6 minutes ago, B.J. Porter said:

That's what anyone with any sense steers clear of the Bland Chicken and the Hate Chicken and takes their ass to Popeye's.

Food may be good but the ambiance is a bit sketchy

https://abc13.com/society/wisconsin-popeyes-brawl-caught-on-camera;-7-workers-fired/5703239/

Donald Trump backtracked his brave stance on vaping when important constituents complained. Trump dropped his idea as fast as Chick-Fil-A did regarding their recent pledge to stop funding anti-LGBT organizations. Chick-Fil-A backtracked so fast the board is being treated for whiplash.

On 11/18/2019 at 7:48 PM, B.J. Porter said:

Popeye's is so damned good. And the ambience there suits me fine.

They have a new place here from Texas, Raising Cain's, supposedly as good as Popeye's.

But here's my issue with Chik Fil-A, nothing to do with politics ... their chicken is good, but after a while, I noticed that it's good because they seem to soak it in brine before they cook it. It's an old trick used in kosher cooking, and it makes the chicken taste good, the water adds to the plumpness, and that's probably good for their profit margins, but other than that, there really isn't much else to shock a person at Chik-Fil-A. Popeye's chicken is good because every one of their restaurants seems to be staffed by people who love the hell out of chicken, and they get everything right about it. Not too moist, not too dry, seasoned perfectly, every batch comes out right because the employees there keep creating and recreating the brand. But Chik-Fil-A is staffed by really well-meaning, well-raised Christian students who do a great job, but they have next to no latitude to change that process.

On the other hand, Popeye's has much less product consistency, and with chicken, that's a very good thing. Every batch of chicken is different, and those Popeye's folks know how to make up for the deficiencies of the medium ... a little less salt one day, a little longer in the fry another day, they'll recommend a sauce that goes well with the chicken that day. It's like getting your chicken from a chicken sommelier. They could probably make shoe-leather taste half decent.

There is better chicken than Popeye's, there is a very small chain of Greek places in Denver called Gyroz who makes chicken that will always exceed Popeye's because, duh, they're using hundred-year-old recipes from Greece. But for consistently reliable fast food chicken, I think Popeye's is the San Antonio Spurs of fast food chicken, hit after hit.

10 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Popeye's is so damned good. And the ambience there suits me fine.

They have a new place here from Texas, Raising Cain's, supposedly as good as Popeye's.

But here's my issue with Chik Fil-A, nothing to do with politics ... their chicken is good, but ....     ...    ... I think Popeye's is the San Antonio Spurs of fast food chicken, hit after hit.

Chicken is still chicken. Bleh.

It's like eating carp [edit to add] IMHO

- DSK

Given that the around half of 'mericans are bigoted, racist, fast food hovering, Trump supporters this looks like a smart business move. Vegans who are uncertain about their gender are probably not their target demographic.

34 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Carp ... blurgh.

Actually, any freshwater fish ... blurgh.

please stay away from walleye and my king salmon caught in lake michigan.  we don't want to export any more of it.

19 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

please stay away from walleye and my king salmon caught in lake michigan.  we don't want to export any more of it.

And yellow perch which are becoming increasingly scarce.  

Story in Chi Trib about Lake Erie, algae blooms and the fishing industry

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/environment/great-lakes/ct-lake-erie-climate-change-fish-20191114-rrkalm3kija2xhd4vjdoqg3ao4-story.html

9 minutes ago, jerseyguy said:

And yellow perch which are becoming increasingly scarce.  

Story in Chi Trib about Lake Erie, algae blooms and the fishing industry

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/environment/great-lakes/ct-lake-erie-climate-change-fish-20191114-rrkalm3kija2xhd4vjdoqg3ao4-story.html

shocker: obviously unsustainable methods of killing things hurt people who rely on the continued lives of the things they killed. 

5 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Walleye is good, but you have to cook it. Salmon is excellent, but it isn't really much of a a freshwater fish.

I like cooked fish, but if I can't eat a fish raw, it gets a "blurgh" out of general principle.

5 minutes ago, mikewof said:

Walleye is good, but you have to cook it. Salmon is excellent, but it isn't really much of a a freshwater fish.

I like cooked fish, but if I can't eat a fish raw, it gets a "blurgh" out of general principle.

You have to cook all the freshies, unfortunately.  too many critters.  Still, just so you know:

Lake Michigan:

Chinook salmon and lake trout have fluctuated in abundance more than steelhead, brown trout, or coho salmon. The number of Chinook salmon has varied between 10 and 14 million fish since the mid 1980s, which may seem strange to those who remember the fantastic fishing of the mid-1980s and the crash of Chinook salmon fishing that followed when bacterial kidney disease (BKD) hit in the late 1980s. It was not the number of all salmon that crashed, though.  It was only the number of older salmon that decreased because most young fish did not survive to maturity. Age-3 Chinook abundance dropped from over 1.3 million in 1986 to under 200,000 by 1993.  Since then, the number of age-3 Chinooks has been increasing gradually with wide fluctuations from year to year.

On 11/21/2019 at 5:38 AM, MR.CLEAN said:

seminar_2-13-2016.jpg

This is a lake steelhead

Wow, that is a beautiful fish - look at those finns !
Are they plentiful in the great lakes?
Where I live, they are only in nature when some escapes from fish farms, but as far as I know they are sterile.

Let's talk about social responsibility, shall we?

Avg Chick FIl a employee makes $10.27,  Whereas an employee at Pizza Hut $8.27,  McD $9. Wendy's $9.24, and KFC is $9.37.  

While most do not care for CFA's LGBTQ position, they are paying a fairer wage.  So why not boycott the other restaurants that pay $1-$2.00 per hour less than CFA?  While CFA may not be pro-LGBTQ, the others are actively screwing over the poor.  Think of that the next time you order Pizza Hut or that Big Mac.

• Like 1
On 11/20/2019 at 10:18 PM, Navig8tor said:

Cooked on an open fire on the beach wrapped in seaweed, yeh that's yum

How did you eat that snapper? I would go sashimi on the belly, and ceviche or escabeche on the rest. Are those New Zealand fish? That snapper seems to have a different coloration than the ones in the Gulf, maybe less algae in the chain and more krill?

1 hour ago, Snore said:

Avg Chick FIl a employee makes $10.27,  Whereas an employee at Pizza Hut $8.27,  McD $9. Wendy's $9.24, and KFC is $9.37.  

While most do not care for CFA's LGBTQ position, they are paying a fairer wage.  So why not boycott the other restaurants that pay $1-$2.00 per hour less than CFA?  While CFA may not be pro-LGBTQ, the others are actively screwing over the poor.  Think of that the next time you order Pizza Hut or that Big Mac.

They also have a policy of being closed on holidays, which chops off a big part of potential cash flow but allows their employees to actually have holidays. A good thing IMHO

- DSK

9 hours ago, ModernViking said:

Wow, that is a beautiful fish - look at those finns !
Are they plentiful in the great lakes?
Where I live, they are only in nature when some escapes from fish farms, but as far as I know they are sterile.

here's some history:

In 1964, Lake Michigan’s fisheries were in dire straits. The native lake trout had been wiped out in Lakes Michigan and Huron, thanks to overfishing and sea lampreys. Whitefish were endangered, reports say, and stinking dead alewives that washed up on the beach drove away tourists. Something big needed to happen. The man who had to decide what that big thing would be was Howard Tanner, the new fisheries chief for the state of Michigan. The federal government was in favor of bringing back trout but ultimately Tanner would have other, radical ideas. He found out there was surplus of eggs up for grabs from out West, but it wasn’t trout eggs. Instead, they were coho salmon eggs. It actually wouldn’t be the salmon’s first introduction to the Great Lakes as they were unsuccessfully planted in tributaries in 1873. But Tanner had an idea to re-introduce the salmon in 1966, the something big that needed to occur if the fishing industry was going to stand a chance at revival. The decision was made to stock the Platte River and Bear Creek with coho salmon smolts. Both are tributaries that lead into Lake Michigan. Tanner also ultimately decided to plant Chinook salmon as well. The Immediate Aftermath It didn’t take long for the results of the decision to show themselves along the lake. By Labor Day 1967, the fishery had exploded in Platte Bay with mature coho salmon, some as large as 20 pounds but the average was 12 pounds. The lakes were teeming with fish and the fisherman that came from miles away to reel them in and even national media such as Sports Illustrated took notice. Some questioned Tanner’s decision as salmon were historically saltwater fish, not freshwater. But Tanner had researched instances where coho salmon had not only survived but thrived in freshwater. A Michigan Department of Natural Resources report detailing the immediate years after the salmon were released in the Great Lakes. During September 1967, fall retail sales jumped $11.9 million, the report said, and the numbers kept climbing over the next two years. The salmon had an added benefit of feeding on alewives, which helped keep that population down. Despite some doubt, the effort to revitalize the Great Lakes was a success. Salmon in the Present Day Today, salmon is still very much a part of the commercial and sport fishing industries. Chinook and coho salmon are still stocked in the Great Lakes. Maintaining the level of salmon spreads across all of the Great Lakes now. The highest amount of coho salmon was stocked in Lake Michigan from 2000 to 2009, while the most Chinook salmon was stocked in Lake Huron for the same time period. The Great Lakes fishing industries are not completely without problems, but most people can look back and say the experimental program was a success.

Read more at: http://troutster.com/

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Snore said:

So why not boycott the other restaurants that pay $1-$2.00 per hour less than CFA?  While CFA may not be pro-LGBTQ, the others are actively screwing over the poor.  Think of that the next time you order Pizza Hut or that Big Mac.

'cause being cheap and greedy is not as bad as being a bigot

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

different species

They have the same face, same lips, same belly, but more silver in them. Do they taste almost the same?

I have grown to really appreciate snapper as a food, but I've never actually caught one, my daughter caught a bunch of those and a sixty-something lbs. King Mackerel. Friggen kid, I didn't even catch a sprig of seaweed.

7 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

'cause being cheap and greedy is not as bad as being a bigot

Is having a different opinion bigoted?  Did they refuse service?   Did they segregate them?  I have some good friends who are members of the LGBTQ community.  We as a country must start recognizing other opinions without calling them names. 

I know some lefties around here that are bigots vis-a-vis those who do not agree with them.  

2 hours ago, Snore said:

Is having a different opinion bigoted?  Did they refuse service?   Did they segregate them?  I have some good friends who are members of the LGBTQ community.  We as a country must start recognizing other opinions without calling them names. 

I know some lefties around here that are bigots vis-a-vis those who do not agree with 

They went out of their way to fund causes that were harming your friends' community.

10 hours ago, another 505 sailor said:

Are you serious?

They funded the Family Research Council and Focus on the Family, among others. Another recipient of their funding promotes gay conversion therapy.

Yes I was and thank you.  Crossed them off the list of places to go to.  

@Mr. CLEAN my bad- you are right they are bigoted. 

WTF is left for fast food?

• Like 1
On 11/23/2019 at 2:23 AM, Snore said:

Because you look good to your friends bleating about LBGT+. But they would all just move away if you went on about the poor at the bottom of the heap. After all it is their choice to be poor, they just need to take responsibility for their choices and then they too could be a wealthy software developer or lawyer.

16 hours ago, Gissie said:

... After all it is their choice to be poor, they just need to take responsibility for their choices and then they too could be a wealthy software developer or lawyer.

WOW!  I will assume you are just trolling and ignore the foolishness

• 2 months later...
On 11/22/2019 at 5:23 AM, Snore said:

I don't eat at fast food places as I've seen where the food is from.

Is that a political boycott?