Shower Head - Foot pump fresh water system

freewheelin

This is likely a dumb question, but I have foot pump fresh water in the head and galley (cold only). I want to replace the head faucet with a retractable hose shower head. Will any work, or do I need something particular to hold the pressure? Right now I have whale faucets, which are great because you can easily shut them off.

40 minutes ago, SASSAFRASS said:

Unless you are a competitive clog dancer pressure shouldn't be a issue.  Just get a boat one with the least flow restriction.  

great. thanks. I suppose "boat one" was the question, considering they look to be much more expensive than the plastic component home depot cheapos. such is boat ownership i guess.

The house ones are fine but the flow will be restricted, you can pull the sediment screens out and it's better.  Just make sure they are 3/8" or more all the way through. Some of them drop way down in size at the counter fitting.

:unsure: I'm a little dubious about that solution as a shower - maybe test the system before installing it in your boat?

Anyhow, I got all-plastic (non corroding) sink fixtures for galley and head from an RV parts web site.  Much cheaper than "marine" sources.  (They also have ready-made kits for external camper showers that seem like a dandy solution for the cockpit shower, but I haven't got around to that project yet.  I'm not sure that the RV kits I've seen have water-tight doors.)

Archived