Stingray~

INEOS Team GB

Recommended Posts

Just now, ed__miller said:

This doc refers to sail skin attachment to the mast? I guess this was to ensure their new flexi triangle at the gooseneck complies? 

yup, exactly. Sounds like it's velcro! So can't be carrying much load! Prob just a lycra fairing over the inhauler adjustment area. 

In some of the photo's it looks like their is something quite bulky beneath... possibly mast attachment and hinge of new boom? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

You mean the new rig and main wasn't a knee jerk reaction to the Xmas cup? Magnus will be disappointed.. 

Magnus has talked to his good friend the coffee boy who admits to sending this rules question in as a joke. But a few weeks later, after the whole team was fired, it he was left as the only designer on the team, and thus this as their only idea... so he got out his sewing machine and moded the new sail with a pair of old cycling shorts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Mozzy Sails said:

Magnus has talked to his good friend the coffee boy who admits to sending this rules question in as a joke. But a few weeks later, after the whole team was fired, it he was left as the only designer on the team, and thus this as their only idea... so he got out his sewing machine and moded the new sail with a pair of old cycling shorts

The coffee person..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Mozzy Sails said:

Magnus has talked to his good friend the coffee boy who admits to sending this rules question in as a joke. But a few weeks later, after the whole team was fired, it he was left as the only designer on the team, and thus this as their only idea... so he got out his sewing machine and moded the new sail with a pair of old cycling shorts

I wonder if this is the much quoted upgrades that will make the kiwis cry?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Salty Seacock said:

I'm feeling sorry for your country right now.

Covid. Immigration issues. Brexit. Street crime. Boris. Not being able to have a beer on the tube. The aging queen. 

The answer to 9 out of 10 questions is money. The reason sailing is not covered will be a mixture of public activity in the sport and the advertising revenue that can be taken by covering it.

To play football, all you need are two people and any kind of kickable round object. I've seen Kenyan kids kicking around a ball made of bubble wrap and packing tape. They were obsessed.

In New Zealand, in the 1960's it wasn't uncommon to see boats made out of everyday objects such as construction plywood, corogated iron or simply recovered building materials. 

New Zealand's coastline is long and there are many harbours, rivers and lakes where free access is available. The sailing sport is accessible for anyone interested in it and for very little money. Most sailing clubs have club owned boats that beginners can use for near free. Like rugby, New Zealand's elite sailors give back at the grass roots level, not as a matter of a token gesture but, as part of the passion of sharing the totally awesome feeling of sailing. I started sailing at 8 because Peter Blake come to my school and told us about his adventures at sea. I've been addicted ever since. 

Boat ownership in New Zealand is amongst the highest in the world. Thanks largely to the free access and the cheap boats available.

We looked ok at football in 1982. It is covered in our media like we're world champions. 

Don't give up on Ineos. They're coming out fighting in a couple of weeks. 

Please dont feel sorry for us. We will muddle through like always and still have a very interesting country to live in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JALhazmat said:

See he is going green..starts off as a little green circle 

Needs some green credentials to offset the fracking.

#FrackLivesMatter. LOL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Needs some green credentials to offset the fracking.

#FrackLivesMatter. LOL!

Enough green washing going on already, thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Rennmaus said:

Sounds like a Louis de Funès movie.

I used to drive a 2CV myself. One of the best, weirdest, most loveable cars I had. A cheap convertible, revolver shifter, top-hung frt side glasses and enormously cozy seats that could also be used as picknick seats when disassembled. Unfortunately the car was not up to any safety standard, and I froze to death in winter.

Safety and heat optional! Drove one for 8 years when I was in air force.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

Enough green washing going on already, thank you.

NZ leading that charge very nicely.. 

it’s only an airline..the fuel is for the chase boats, everyone’s favourite pick up, Maccas is a heathy option too.. :lol:

any more sailing today? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

The coffee person..

Is Magnus shagging the nanny?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Ex-yachtie said:

Is Magnus shagging the nanny?

Dunno but someone got bent over yesterday. 
 

one swallow doesn't make a summer, it’s not real racing, AM were sandbagging etc all the usual but it’s rather nice to see none the less. 
 

question is if the improvements transfer into light air too? Personally I hope we don’t ever find out. More of this please. 
 

a competitive Prada cup would be a wonderful thing 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, dullers said:

Well i have just watched this and it appears the rudder does not send up a rooster tale.

 

 

I still think AM is the challenger to beat.! Luna Rossa will be very close to them IMO. Ineos still the unknown? If Ineos make it to the final they will have made an incredible comeback. Their initial setup was no doubt for some breeze and too go fast in a straight line, unfortunately the courses are so short it's about speed through tacks and gybes. American Magic's time on the water advantage has given them a fast platform I wonder what mods they have left in the tank? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Dunno but someone got bent over yesterday. 
 

one swallow doesn't make a summer, it’s not real racing, AM were sandbagging etc all the usual but it’s rather nice to see none the less. 
 

question is if the improvements transfer into light air too? Personally I hope we don’t ever find out. More of this please. 
 

a competitive Prada cup would be a wonderful thing 

 

I believe they are doing mods on the other foils - or so someone I raced against (and highly respect) many years ago, said

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

We have world cups in the top 3 world team sports (football, rugby and cricket), the only country to do so, and a host of F1 championships, grand slams etc. So come back when you are winners in that many team sports :)

 

Hmmm...cricket is highly debateable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

unfortunately the courses are so short it's about speed through tacks and gybes.

Makes for some interesting conjecture as to exactly why did Basher Ben and the Frackers leave it to the 11th hour to start focusing on addressing their inherent weaknesses.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, alphafb552 said:

Not true, they leak oil so you know there still is oil in the engine. Once it STOPS leaking oil, that's when you get worried

Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JALhazmat said:

a competitive Prada cup would be a wonderful thing 



I think it's gonna be great..tooth and nail..

But not in the way that bda blew up boats, and left OR waiting in the light air for the spoils....oh. That's right, they Fucked up the forecast.

NZ will be more moderate, ...and variable. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Nutta said:

Lots Of Trouble, Usually Serious

Ah good memories, I had a Lotus. Did over 100k miles in it before it died. Contrary to conventional wisdom the most expensive problem during that time was a new radiator.

So far the Kiwis have tried to needle the Brits by:

Criticising the UK car industry which makes millions of cars and virtually all serious race cars, when the Kiwi car industry consists of 3 men and a Daschund called Colin

Criticising the UK for not having a much of a space industry, which is the 5th biggest in the world (after US, China, Russia & Japan)

Cricticising the sporting success of the UK, the only country to win world cups in the top 3 team sports, and which came 2nd in the 2016 Olympics table, whereas NZ were below Jamaica and Croatia

What next, have a go at us for not having many historical buildings? Not having won many battles? Poor record in science? Or Literature? Having too many Kiwi barmen?

Ok, fair enough, the last one is true. Earls Court especially has most of the Kiwi youth serving drinks.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

Ah good memories, I had a Lotus. Did over 100k miles in it before it died. Contrary to conventional wisdom the most expensive problem during that time was a new radiator.

So far the Kiwis have tried to needle the Brits by:

Criticising the UK car industry which makes millions of cars and virtually all serious race cars, when the Kiwi car industry consists of 3 men and a Daschund called Colin

Criticising the UK for not having a much of a space industry, which is the 5th biggest in the world (after US, China, Russia & Japan)

Cricticising the sporting success of the UK, the only country to win world cups in the top 3 team sports, and which came 2nd in the 2016 Olympics table, whereas NZ were below Jamaica and Croatia

What next, have a go at us for not having many historical buildings? Not having won many battles? Poor record in science? Or Literature? Having too many Kiwi barmen?

Ok, fair enough, the last one is true. Earls Court especially has most of the Kiwi youth serving drinks.

 

Like arse there was a daschund. Any Germanic influence may have prevented the pinnacle of NZ auto engineering... The Trekka!

 

Trekka_Kombi_Break_(5).jpeg

images (20).jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

Ah good memories, I had a Lotus. Did over 100k miles in it before it died. Contrary to conventional wisdom the most expensive problem during that time was a new radiator.

So far the Kiwis have tried to needle the Brits by:

Criticising the UK car industry which makes millions of cars and virtually all serious race cars, when the Kiwi car industry consists of 3 men and a Daschund called Colin

Criticising the UK for not having a much of a space industry, which is the 5th biggest in the world (after US, China, Russia & Japan)

Cricticising the sporting success of the UK, the only country to win world cups in the top 3 team sports, and which came 2nd in the 2016 Olympics table, whereas NZ were below Jamaica and Croatia

What next, have a go at us for not having many historical buildings? Not having won many battles? Poor record in science? Or Literature? Having too many Kiwi barmen?

Ok, fair enough, the last one is true. Earls Court especially has most of the Kiwi youth serving drinks.

 

Take your hand off it cobber... 

Colin was a fine wind tunnel model. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Priscilla said:

Makes for some interesting conjecture as to exactly why did Basher Ben and the Frackers leave it to the 11th hour to start focusing on addressing their inherent weaknesses.

 

 

Little evidence so far of any significant "upgrades" to sort out their problems getting around the race course. Seems they are stuck with the foils they used in the ACWS as they have used up their allowance. I guess they are just hoping for heavier air over the next month. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, winchfodder said:

Little evidence so far of any significant "upgrades" to sort out their problems getting around the race course. Seems they are stuck with the foils they used in the ACWS as they have used up their allowance. I guess they are just hoping for heavier air over the next month. 

Uh?

They raced the ACWS with Y-foils, but all the evidence is that they intend to race in the serious stuff with their W-foils, which are more light air biased but in the last few days have looked good in the heavier stuff too.

And the upgrades certainly include mainsail control & aero. We can't tell what they have changed in flaps, control systems, AOA etc. Not sure what you were expecting

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

Uh?

They raced the ACWS with Y-foils, but all the evidence is that they intend to race in the serious stuff with their W-foils, which are more light air biased but in the last few days have looked good in the heavier stuff too.

And the upgrades certainly include mainsail control & aero. We can't tell what they have changed in flaps, control systems, AOA etc. Not sure what you were expecting

Thank you for the update. Let's hope that they are competitive next week to make for some close racing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah new rig, sail set, rudder W foils with new flaps 

barely any difference at all.. 

or you could put a carbon cowling on your boat and have people in a big jizzy fuss on mega aero gains.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Yeah new rig, sail set, rudder W foils with new flaps 

barely any difference at all.. 

or you could put a carbon cowling on your boat and have people in a big jizzy fuss on mega aero gains.. 

Still a bit worried about how the mainsail trimmer can still operate a handheld control pad whilst trying to hang on to the cockpit with the rapid movement of the boat. Maybe time to looking at getting him a fixed bracket to be more efficient as mainsail trim seemed to be one of the problems in getting the power on to start foiling. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, winchfodder said:

Still a bit worried about how the mainsail trimmer can still operate a handheld control pad whilst trying to hang on to the cockpit with the rapid movement of the boat. Maybe time to looking at getting him a fixed bracket to be more efficient as mainsail trim seemed to be one of the problems in getting the power on to start foiling. 

I think the foil problems were so severe it would be hard to diagnose other problems to the degree people have here.

For instance they were plenty fast sub foiling, showing the sails have some grunt. Or possibly that the hull isnt too draggy. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, winchfodder said:

Still a bit worried about how the mainsail trimmer can still operate a handheld control pad whilst trying to hang on to the cockpit with the rapid movement of the boat. Maybe time to looking at getting him a fixed bracket to be more efficient as mainsail trim seemed to be one of the problems in getting the power on to start foiling. 

glen managed last time out on the cat, Goody is ok this time around as is sibelo on Prada but yup sure enough its the brits that have it wrong..

they all use hand held systems, no one knows what the Kiwis are up to apart from watching stuff on TV that the rules committee aren't sure about

 

if the rig isn't doing what they want it too it wont matter whether Bleddyn is standing sitting or hoping on one leg, if the systems can't or couldn't do it during the xmas cup  there wasn't anything he could do. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mozzy Sails said:

I think the foil problems were so severe it would be hard to diagnose other problems to the degree people have here.

For instance they were plenty fast sub foiling, showing the sails have some grunt. Or possibly that the hull isnt too draggy. 

Was the hull designed for displacment mode then ? Or is it designed as an areo platform to locate the foils and asist the eficancy of the rig wile making the smallest cleanest hole in the air, wile having just enought lift to get it on the foils.  I think here lies the problem. 

I am sorry but the sails and controls just look wrong. The jib twist at the head for a start in not matching the main, so as its not opening as the main twists it shuts the slot up high and will cause stall as the wind becomes unatached from the leward side of the main. I wount start on the boom again. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Nutta said:

Like arse there was a daschund. Any Germanic influence may have prevented the pinnacle of NZ auto engineering... The Trekka!

 

Trekka_Kombi_Break_(5).jpeg

images (20).jpeg

So, how many junk yards did they have to visit to cobble together that LR wannabe?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I think your homeland has enough issues currently so not entirely sure you have much of a position to throw stones from.. run along now ^_^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Status quo said:

Was the hull designed for displacment mode then ? Or is it designed as an areo platform to locate the foils and asist the eficancy of the rig wile making the smallest cleanest hole in the air, wile having just enought lift to get it on the foils.  I think here lies the problem. 

I am sorry but the sails and controls just look wrong. The jib twist at the head for a start in not matching the main, so as its not opening as the main twists it shuts the slot up high and will cause stall as the wind becomes unatached from the leward side of the main. I wount start on the boom again. 

none of us  actually know what the controls are let alone how they function so how do you reach the conclusion they are wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

none of us  actually know what the controls are let alone how they function so how do you reach the conclusion they are wrong?

Its not that hard if you watch the videos from on board to work out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well no problem for you to explain all the functions and the control system and how it is all so wrong. 
 

are you going to be breaking down the set up from the Xmas cup or the version since the new rig went in? 
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Well no problem for you to explain all the functions and the control system and how it is all so wrong. 
 

are you going to be breaking down the set up from the Xmas cup or the version since the new rig went in? 
 

 

I have listed before were I think they have gone wrong with there control system boom, if you care to look back through this thread. Long and short of it. We will see in a week if one they have addressed there issues and turned it around making me look a fool. I hope that they are right and I am wrong because no one wants to see them perform like they did at Christmas again. Lets hope they can have a race this time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Status quo said:

Was the hull designed for displacment mode then ? Or is it designed as an areo platform to locate the foils and asist the eficancy of the rig wile making the smallest cleanest hole in the air, wile having just enought lift to get it on the foils.  I think here lies the problem. 

I am sorry but the sails and controls just look wrong. The jib twist at the head for a start in not matching the main, so as its not opening as the main twists it shuts the slot up high and will cause stall as the wind becomes unatached from the leward side of the main. I wount start on the boom again. 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have no idea how educated yours is. But, it sounds like the kind a of vague bullshit people come out with at the bar to indulge in a bit of 'i know what I'm talking about' without saying anything that could be challenged'. Sort of regurgitated cliches of sail control.

There are plenty of differences between the teams. It's easy when a team is behind to declare everything they are doing as bad. The reality will be different. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Status quo said:

I have listed before were I think they have gone wrong with there control system boom, if you care to look back through this thread. Long and short of it. We will see in a week if one they have addressed there issues and turned it around making me look a fool. I hope that they are right and I am wrong because no one wants to see them perform like they did at Christmas again. Lets hope they can have a race this time. 

let me guess...

 

sheet it in faster, get more twist in the head, control the mid leech, more depth at low speed..oh and more mast rake or bend too?

not exactly the insightful break down of the control systems that you were promising but hey..

and yes if you looked at the new rig and how that is now behaving its fair to say that the majority has been addressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mozzy Sails said:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I have no idea how educated yours is. But, it sounds like the kind a of vague bullshit people come out with at the bar to indulge in a bit of 'i know what I'm talking about' without saying anything that could be challenged'. Sort of regurgitated cliches of sail control.

There are plenty of differences between the teams. It's easy when a team is behind to declare everything they are doing as bad. The reality will be different. 

Thanks for the dis. Yes your right you can be so close to being right with design choices and yet never make it work. Only for someone else to do the smallest mod and Look like a hero. In this case have a little look at the three others and there choices which look quite different to INEOS only AM still has a boom and that doesn't look quite right. I am sorry but INEOS have looked a mess since b1 and it looks like they have not used there time or money very well. I have had a think and there is nothing on there boat that I have seen so far that I would want on another boat the whole concept looks wrong. The only thing they have done well is feed the UK marine industry which is a good thing.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

INEOS is starting to look really good in those vids.  Here's hoping it carries through to the Prada Cup and we have 3 gun teams with the ability to beat each other on their day. We've seen ETNZ are beatable as well so even though the numbers are small, we might be see some fantastic racing between 4 equally competitive teams

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was fortunate to work with a coach who had a number of Olympic medals plus AC stuff under his belt and I mentioned I was struggling to understand the rig in a new class. He said not to worry as it takes about a year to get one's eye in - that's 2000 hours, which albeit includes other stuff. These AC75's would be really hard right next to them, let alone through someone else's long lens and needs special training. There are clues of course, but even that is really subjective and of course, we don't know teams' strategies or even tactics.

What one can say is a fast boat can be slow in competition, difficult to sail and quite frankly a pig. It will, however, show windows of remarkable speed and when we say speed we mean half a length over a nautical mile as these days we are about macro gains. The AC75 is silver bullet stull but now they are learning macro. The biggest risk is gear failure which all challengers suffered via the FCS system in the Xmas regatta. Hopefully, this will be resolved in a weeks time.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Status quo said:

Its not that hard if you watch the videos from on board to work out. 

Enlighten us with some links and explanations?  Were you on Alinghi seeing as you are in Switzerland and know how to improve INEOS?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To all those commenting on how much better INEOS looks... are there any light air videos to back up those comments?  They don’t have any issues in breeze and the finals are forecast for light air.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, sailman said:

To all those commenting on how much better INEOS looks... are there any light air videos to back up those comments?  They don’t have any issues in breeze and the finals are forecast for light air.

Long range forecast not looking helpful...

1165202838_ScreenShot2021-01-08at12_17_06PM.thumb.png.bbfab9069bd396fa422aa06cddb00d19.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

Long range forecast not looking helpful...

1165202838_ScreenShot2021-01-08at12_17_06PM.thumb.png.bbfab9069bd396fa422aa06cddb00d19.png

I always plan my picnics based on forecasts in 10 days time.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, dullers said:

I always plan my picnics based on forecasts in 10 days time.

A new moon at perigee, is also a 'good weather' touchstone. (I didn't believe it either, until I checked it out through observation, over a couple of years.) ;-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, sailman said:

To all those commenting on how much better INEOS looks... are there any light air videos to back up those comments?  They don’t have any issues in breeze and the finals are forecast for light air.

Point is no one had seen them in anything other than light wind and were widely written off whatever the wind strength.

It’s clear there has been significant improvement and physical changes, and that up range they could well be competitive. We all want to see if down range is better now too. 
 

Hopes of 15-22kts for the duration of the Prada cup are sadly highly unlikely. So let’s see 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

A new moon at perigee, is also a 'good weather' touchstone. (I didn't believe it either, until I checked it out through observation, over a couple of years.) ;-)

I suppose the 5 day forecast is where it gets interesting. They will have a better idea of where the moon is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Point is no one had seen them in anything other than light wind and were widely written off whatever the wind strength.

It’s clear there has been significant improvement and physical changes, and that up range they could well be competitive. We all want to see if down range is better now too. 
 

Hopes of 15-22kts for the duration of the Prada cup are sadly highly unlikely. So let’s see 

Or 7 knots as INEOS has the edge in a non foiling race.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sailman said:

To all those commenting on how much better INEOS looks... are there any light air videos to back up those comments?  They don’t have any issues in breeze and the finals are forecast for light air.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, dullers said:

I suppose the 5 day forecast is where it gets interesting. They will have a better idea of where the moon is.  

It's in the sky. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jaysper said:

It's in the sky. :D

Actually, it's not in the sky at all. It just looks that way...just like the cheese. ;-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jaysper said:

It's in the sky. :D

WTF, are they going to race at night and are counting on the moon to get around the course?  Just asking...?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

Ah good memories, I had a Lotus. Did over 100k miles in it before it died. Contrary to conventional wisdom the most expensive problem during that time was a new radiator.

So far the Kiwis have tried to needle the Brits by:

Criticising the UK car industry which makes millions of cars and virtually all serious race cars, when the Kiwi car industry consists of 3 men and a Daschund called Colin

Criticising the UK for not having a much of a space industry, which is the 5th biggest in the world (after US, China, Russia & Japan)

Cricticising the sporting success of the UK, the only country to win world cups in the top 3 team sports, and which came 2nd in the 2016 Olympics table, whereas NZ were below Jamaica and Croatia

What next, have a go at us for not having many historical buildings? Not having won many battles? Poor record in science? Or Literature? Having too many Kiwi barmen?

Ok, fair enough, the last one is true. Earls Court especially has most of the Kiwi youth serving drinks.

 

and yet there is still NO 2nd place, oh and that empire you lost....... no idea how you did that. Motor industry......... Bruce McLaren was i believe from.................. ?, that awfull blitz that was on in 1940 was sent packing by Sir Keth Park from..........?, That way big bomb the yankistanis dropped on the nips came about because  some one from............? had the temerity to split the atom first, the civil war that is eventually  going to come your way may not get the usual help when you scream for help... now fuck off and gobble down em mushy peas lad, oh and I'll leave you with the pride of englands motor industry

braford van.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 167149 said:

and yet there is still NO 2nd place, oh and that empire you lost....... no idea how you did that. Motor industry......... Bruce McLaren was i believe from.................. ?, that awfull blitz that was on in 1940 was sent packing by Sir Keth Park from..........?, That way big bomb the yankistanis dropped on the nips came about because  some one from............? had the temerity to split the atom first, the civil war that is eventually  going to come your way may not get the usual help when you scream for help... now fuck off and gobble down em mushy peas lad, oh and I'll leave you with the pride of englands motor industry

braford van.jpg

Mummy let you out to play on the computer again? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 167149 said:

and yet there is still NO 2nd place, oh and that empire you lost....... no idea how you did that. Motor industry......... Bruce McLaren was i believe from.................. ?, that awfull blitz that was on in 1940 was sent packing by Sir Keth Park from..........?, That way big bomb the yankistanis dropped on the nips came about because  some one from............? had the temerity to split the atom first, the civil war that is eventually  going to come your way may not get the usual help when you scream for help... now fuck off and gobble down em mushy peas lad, oh and I'll leave you with the pride of englands motor industry

braford van.jpg

"oh and that empire you lost....... no idea how you did that"......... 

 

Q: What on earth do "you" understand by the word "you"??????? FFS.

 

Was wondering what Trump was going to do next.....turns out he's here on Sailing Anarchy, claiming to be a Kiwi........

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 167149 said:

and yet there is still NO 2nd place, oh and that empire you lost....... no idea how you did that. Motor industry......... Bruce McLaren was i believe from.................. ?, that awfull blitz that was on in 1940 was sent packing by Sir Keth Park from..........?, That way big bomb the yankistanis dropped on the nips came about because  some one from............? had the temerity to split the atom first, the civil war that is eventually  going to come your way may not get the usual help when you scream for help... now fuck off and gobble down em mushy peas lad, oh and I'll leave you with the pride of englands motor industry

 

Gosh, what a spittle-speckled diatribe. Well done for finding 2 successful Kiwis outisde sport that people may have heard of (albeit incorrectly spelled). Though perhaps you should have included Sir Edmund Hillary ? Though completely irrelevant of course because I was never criticising NZ for anything, merely replying to the uninformed accusations against the UK.

More seriously, by the wonders of modern remote diagnosis I can tell you that you have a large tumour on your shoulder that appears to be potato-based. I would recommend removal ASAP.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So based on the (unfortunately short) video 4urselves posted, and the latest RG article, it appears that UK does go better in light winds on her light wind foils than she did on her heaving wind foils as used in the regatta. 

The evidence is still limited, but I for one am not too surprised and the W foils working better.

Any new beaches appeared near Aukland?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

Actually, it's not in the sky at all. It just looks that way...just like the cheese. ;-)

The moon is not always in the sky. There have been several days in the last month where it has not been up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, dullers said:

The moon is not always in the sky. There have been several days in the last month where it has not been up.

Half the time you wouldn't know in a sky filled with grey 300 days of the year...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 167149 said:

and yet there is still NO 2nd place, oh and that empire you lost....... no idea how you did that. Motor industry......... Bruce McLaren was i believe from.................. ?, that awfull blitz that was on in 1940 was sent packing by Sir Keth Park from..........?, That way big bomb the yankistanis dropped on the nips came about because  some one from............? had the temerity to split the atom first, the civil war that is eventually  going to come your way may not get the usual help when you scream for help... now fuck off and gobble down em mushy peas lad, oh and I'll leave you with the pride of englands motor industry

braford van.jpg

What a spiffing representation of your nation you must be. What I really like is that you had to use English to say it all.....A long way from Wessex that is and Alfred the Great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NZL3481 said:

Half the time you wouldn't know in a sky filled with grey 300 days of the year...

 

I lived in Palmy so dont try to boast about your weather.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, dullers said:

What a spiffing representation of your nation you must be. What I really like is that you had to use English to say it all.....A long way from Wessex that is and Alfred the Great.

koare he raru o  te dickhead

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

So based on the (unfortunately short) video 4urselves posted, and the latest RG article, it appears that UK does go better in light winds on her light wind foils than she did on her heaving wind foils as used in the regatta. 

The evidence is still limited, but I for one am not too surprised and the W foils working better.

Any new beaches appeared near Aukland?

That vid was from the Xmas cup, you can see the leisure boats out marking the course boundary and the foils are the Xmas cup foils 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, jaysper said:

It's in the sky. :D

Every body is there...uranus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 167149 said:

koare he raru o  te dickhead

Can you fit in a few more random vowels? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, 167149 said:

koare he raru o  te dickhead

You still needed English even in that.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, fish7yu said:

 

INEOS back with Christmas cup foils.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Can you fit in a few more random vowels? 

that was Maori,

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, fish7yu said:

 

So what was that fracking manoeuvre 2.17 in? Gybe set and bailout? Not as confident as Magnus that they have made enough progress.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, winchfodder said:

So what was that fracking manoeuvre 2.17 in? Gybe set and bailout?

Looks just like they had too much lift through the gybe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, winchfodder said:

So what was that fracking manoeuvre 2.17 in? Gybe set and bailout?

that the same move they ( American Magic) pulled the day before when the rudder lost grip sinks the stern and they stop in a mess.

 

maybe a very aggressive rudder profile being tried out as they are normally solid and really throw it about 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, winchfodder said:

So what was that fracking manoeuvre 2.17 in? Gybe set and bailout? Not as confident as Magnus that they have made enough progress.

That was  AM, not UK

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, dullers said:

You still needed English even in that.

Etymology lessons needed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, winchfodder said:

So what was that fracking manoeuvre 2.17 in? Gybe set and bailout? Not as confident as Magnus that they have made enough progress.

yes as said, by others it was AM that was trying to fall over..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

Etymology lessons needed

I had to look up that word to see where it came from.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, winchfodder said:

So what was that fracking manoeuvre 2.17 in? Gybe set and bailout? Not as confident as Magnus that they have made enough progress.

Of more interest than INEOS fluffing the manoeuvre is the amount of modification to the hull.  It is incredible how the  "frackers" have modified their hull and may i dare say there sails. I am surprised magnus did not pick this up before you   wonkfidler.                               

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 167149 said:

that was Maori,

"Maori" fits the random vowels component of his question. Well done!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, enigmatically2 said:

That was  AM, not UK

Thank you for pointing out. Mea culpa 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, dullers said:

Of more interest than INEOS fluffing the manoeuvre is the amount of modification to the hull.  It is incredible how the  "frackers" have modified their hull and may i dare say there sails. I am surprised magnus did not pick this up before you   wonkfidler.                               

Yes, disguise as AM. Could be a clever ruse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, winchfodder said:

Thank you for pointing out. Mea culpa 

Fair enough.

So the challengers will all be finalising their configs this weekend. But unfortunately we won't find out until race 1. 

Do we think there will be more sandbagging or will it get real?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

Fair enough.

So the challengers will all be finalising their configs this weekend. But unfortunately we won't find out until race 1. 

Do we think there will be more sandbagging or will it get real?

At what point do the races start to get important?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites