It's unbelievable just how often you post things that are completely wrong. In fact, you do it almost every post.

On 10/22/2021 at 9:31 AM, dg_sailingfan said:

Mate, I wouldn't be surprised if Mercedes + the INEOS Britannia Engineers & Boatbuilders put up a temporary facility a Brackley and construct the boat over there and not at Carrington. They have the tools to do that.

With your vast knowledge of the Brackley set up, please can you tell us where they will put this facility, because there certainly isn't room there. Or do you think there is enough room in the car parks and all teh staff will be asked to walk to work! I would be 100% certain that they will not be building at Brackley. They don't even have the capacity to build everything they need to for the F1 car, so how will they manage anything for the AC?

3 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

The only Boat of INEOS that did sail in the UK was B1!

Really? So their half size test boat based on t5he Quant 28 doesn't count?

1 hour ago, dg_sailingfan said:

I've to say I was very, very disappointed how little AC Coverage there was in the UK during AC36!

When Germany had a Team in the Cup in VLC 2007 there was almost Non-Stop Coverage every Race Day for 5 Hours on my two Main TV Channels ARD & ZDF + Live Streams.

Did you even begin to consider the time zone issues making live coverage something that wasn't worthwhile because everybody would have been asleep? Or how short the daily sailing time actually was. You cannot compare the 2 events.

Have you ever thought of engaging your brain before operating the keyboard?

• Like 2
  • Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

shes legit ... foil arm looks to be in the front end of the box ... opposite of all other teams ... what are we going to read into that?

ETNZ are probably favorites .....but win or lose....Team New Zealand have firmly established themselves as the all time great AC nation in the modern era.   From the time they first emerged, they have

And so it begins. Image credit and copyright Allesandro Spiga  

Posted Images

9 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

There is nothing stupid! You are stupid!

Boat 2 of INEOS TEAM UK did not sail at all in the UK! Upon completion it was immediatedly flown to Auckland.

The Italians did the same. Their Boat 2 was constructed at Persico and that isn't excatly near water. It was transfered to Bergamo and then flown to Auckland.

The only Boat of INEOS that did sail in the UK was B1!

And finally American Magic did the same: PATRIOT was built in Bristol, Rhode Island and upon completion flown to Auckland via Chicago and Honolulu.

So BAR technologies are using the building and you think that’s nothing to do with INEOS challenge for the AC? 

That the sailing team that’s yet to be decided won’t sail together for the next two years  until they first land overseas 6 months Before the cup start date in a  brand new boat that they won’t have tested or fitted out until it arrives at the venue?  

they will fit all foil/sail and systems testing and evaluation into that period? 

And I am the stupid one? :lol:

• Like 1
On 10/23/2021 at 2:43 PM, Horn Rock said:

Okay I admit it's working for me. I'm adopting a similar philosophy on the vexed, and intractable issue of removing dog hair from the carpet. It's a bringing together of the different components, vacuum, foot scrapping, and carpet rake to achieve a performance in a limited time frame - before the guests arrive, offset against the requirement of food/beverages sufficient for an acceptable outcome in a social paradigm.

I should make videos on this.....

having had a german shepherd who just loved to coat blow where ever suited her I'd have to say 100% woolcarpet is your only friend for dog fluff, oh and one of those vacuum heads that spin and suck, got a beauty from nilfisk though it did/does choke up on her indoors long hair, who knew chicks shedded hair ???

2 hours ago, 167149 said:

having had a german shepherd who just loved to coat blow where ever suited her I'd have to say 100% woolcarpet is your only friend for dog fluff, oh and one of those vacuum heads that spin and suck, got a beauty from nilfisk though it did/does choke up on her indoors long hair, who knew chicks shedded hair ???

Mines half German Shepard, half Border Collie. The fucking hairs a nightmare - so hard to get up. On my 2nd vacuum as well - cooked the last one. 

2 hours ago, 167149 said:

her indoors long hair

Since she's had her Pixie cut its been less of an issue. Before it was the shower drain.....

On 10/23/2021 at 2:07 AM, Horn Rock said:

I'm "pinky" because I fail to see the point of these vids, unless it is to give the in-house video guys something to do to earn their retainer. Then again I guess I should be grateful they're taking us along on their Cup journey, revealing the holistic, synergies of design balance in the Ineos mindset.....

To me its basic stakeholder management, recognising that the fans are amongst the stakeholders. You can view it as corporate bullshit or you can view it as greater professionalism.

Lets face it one of the biggest problems the AC has in getting & maintaining  attention is the large gaps with nothing happening. This is an attempt to fill that gap. Its not ideal but its all they can do at the moment. Hopefully once the protocol is released they can (slowly) start to get more interesting.

The announcement of the tie-up with Merc-AMG did make into some mainstream media here, so its a start. Feed the media and they may give it all more attention

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

To me its basic stakeholder management, recognising that the fans are amongst the stakeholders.

Lets face it one of the biggest problems the AC has in getting & maintaining  attention is the large gaps with nothing happening.

And staff and clients of the sponsors. 

Your thesis on gaps in attention is rather proven by the discussion here of dog grooming tips. Though a connection to Ineos might be found.

JS120038469-ainslie-sport_trans_NvBQzQNj 

• Like 1
16 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

To me its basic stakeholder management,

Why would Jim give a shit? It's not like they're after more sponsors, or really having to please existing ones either. I agree that there's fuck all to talk about currently.

3 hours ago, Horn Rock said:

Why would Jim give a shit? It's not like they're after more sponsors, or really having to please existing ones either. I agree that there's fuck all to talk about currently.

Corporate governance nowadays identified stakeholders far beyond the obvious sponsors or shareholders. And plainly he does give a shit, because they are doing it

6 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

Corporate governance nowadays identified stakeholders far beyond the obvious sponsors or shareholders. And plainly he does give a shit, because they are doing it

In every project, stakeholders have a say in project matters. Fans haven't (although some are delusional and think they have).

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

In every project, stakeholders have a say in project matters. Fans haven't (although some are delusional and think they have).

Depends on the objectives. They have no contribution to the sporting success, but if there are corporate objectives (e.g. raising awareness) then they can. The sailing audience is small, but they have often been targetted by high end sponsors for being influential. So who knows. 

I did wonder whether in this case it is actually Merc-AMG raising awareness of their advanced engineering outfit so that other organisations may want to employ them

• Like 1
3 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

Depends on the objectives. They have no contribution to the sporting success, but if there are corporate objectives (e.g. raising awareness) then they can. The sailing audience is small, but they have often been targetted by high end sponsors for being influential. So who knows. 

I did wonder whether in this case it is actually Merc-AMG raising awareness of their advanced engineering outfit so that other organisations may want to employ them

Then they are the target audience or customers, but not stakeholders.

3 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

Then they are the target audience or customers, but not stakeholders.

In some forms of governance they may now referred to as stakeholders to be managed via the information management or communication plans.

But in more traditional English usage I would agree with you.

It is an irrelevant distinction for this forum though

17 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

In some forms of governance they may now referred to as stakeholders to be managed via the information management or communication plans.

But in more traditional English usage I would agree with you.

It is an irrelevant distinction for this forum though

It is :)

38 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Shoot the bell end doing the voice over.

if that’s what passes for breaking news in the US? No wonder NYYC bailed 

Sounds like an F1 fan new to AC issues. It is at least fast-moving.. 

38 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Shoot his researchers at the same time. There were a horrifying number of factual errors

• Like 1

This is just content gristle, not really meant for anything other than pulp views to generate a little ad revenue... I wouldn't be suprised if it was a text-to-speech engine doing the V/O...

Luna Prasada

23 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

This is just content gristle, not really meant for anything other than pulp views to generate a little ad revenue... I wouldn't be suprised if it was a text-to-speech engine doing the V/O...

Luna Prasada

It certainly sounded like it.

On 10/26/2021 at 7:43 AM, JALhazmat said:

Broken news

This is what Ben Ainslie should do, get off the Boat and be a CEO like Russell Coutts was in 2013...

Now, of course Ben is 7 years younger then Russell was in 2013. Still, Ben isn't a good Sailor anymore even getting crushed in a OD Class like SailGP.

37 minutes ago, chesirecat said:

For  graduate engineers here.

https://www.ineosbritannia.com/en/work-with-us.html

"We have exciting opportunities available for graduate engineers to be part of the team, across performance analysis, design, and software engineering. These positions will be a 23 month fixed term contract "

With Formula 1 having some sort of spending cap, this is their way of hiding Formula 1 salaries inside an America's Cup team that doesn't have spending limits.

9 minutes ago, Chobani Sailor said:

With Formula 1 having some sort of spending cap, this is their way of hiding Formula 1 salaries inside an America's Cup team that doesn't have spending limits.

Are the people enforcing the F1 salary caps not intelligent enough to see through that? 

“So if you were hired to work on the boat why did you spend 95% of your time on the car?”

17 minutes ago, porthos said:

Are the people enforcing the F1 salary caps not intelligent enough to see through that? 

“So if you were hired to work on the boat why did you spend 95% of your time on the car?”

The car "identifies itself as a boat" and therefore the engineer worked on a boat. Did your "boat" have wheels?  No, those round objects identified themselves as a Foil Wing not as a tire, therefore the engineer worked on a foil wing.

31 minutes ago, Chobani Sailor said:

The car "identifies itself as a boat" and therefore the engineer worked on a boat. Did your "boat" have wheels?  No, those round objects identified themselves as a Foil Wing not as a tire, therefore the engineer worked on a foil wing.

"We here at F1 support inclusion and diversity. We are happy to see that your car identifies as a boat. We reject arbitrary labels and encourage self-expression. We commend you for your welcoming environment where staff were free to validate your non-car boat's true identity. 

Also, here's your $500,000 fine. And you aren't eligible for the manufacturer championship next year."

• Like 3

The car manufacturers are also going to be able to bury it in r and d for their road cars. This was probably meant to help privateers if there still are any, but will in the end only benefit the manufacturers. 

• 2 weeks later...

Magnus Wheatley confirmes that the two INEOS Boats Britannia 1 & 2 are back in the UK.

The Teams Old Portsmouth Base are now being used apparently to built Submarines.

Ineos boats are back in England

from https://rule69.blog/2021/11/14/carbon-cluedo/

The other thing that a northerly breeze brings is news filtering across from Southampton Water, more specifically from Southampton Docks. Look closely amidst the cars and cargo being unloaded and there’s two rather nice pieces of carbon in the form of AC75’s sitting dockside at the Associated British Ports Terminal. Yes, the Ineos boats – both of them – are back in Britain having been shipped from New Zealand.

(contd) 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Magnus Wheatley confirmes that the two INEOS Boats Britannia 1 & 2 are back in the UK.

The Teams Old Portsmouth Base are now being used apparently to built Submarines.

You mean when they aren't building F1 cars?

1 minute ago, pusslicker said:

You mean when they aren't building F1 cars?

The Bottom Line is: I WAS RIGHT!

The Old Portsmouth Base ain't going to be used to built INEOS' Britannia AC37 Boat.

That Boat is either going to be built at Carrington again or at temporary facility near Brackley, UK.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, dogwatch said:

Build submarines? They must be pretty small ones.

Midget submarines. Park them just upwind of the start line and torpedo their opposition. Probably the only way they’re going to win anything lol.

6 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Midget submarines. Park them just upwind of the start line and torpedo their opposition. Probably the only way they’re going to win anything lol.

On a weekend where NZ sport didn’t cover itself in glory that’s pretty punchy.. 

23 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Meh, one weekend. One game.

Try doing that Eden Park and I guarantee they get destroyed, as they always do.

30 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

They play cricket at Eden park? 

It's the summer game. That and COVID-19 shots.

5 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

Be fair, they have a chance to redeem themselves in some of the sporting events coming up, which are either bigger or more relevant to this forum

F1 championship completion

Winter Olympic games

SailGP season 2 completion

Football world cup

21 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Ineos boats are back in England

from https://rule69.blog/2021/11/14/carbon-cluedo/

The other thing that a northerly breeze brings is news filtering across from Southampton Water, more specifically from Southampton Docks. Look closely amidst the cars and cargo being unloaded and there’s two rather nice pieces of carbon in the form of AC75’s sitting dockside at the Associated British Ports Terminal. Yes, the Ineos boats – both of them – are back in Britain having been shipped from New Zealand.

(contd) 

"rather nice" is a bit rich considering the first one was essentially a barge, and the second was a shitter.

8 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

Just wondering if the T20 was one of those “ we did win it really” things? Like the one day 50 overs  WC. 

Test cricket is where its at.

T20 is just a made for TV smash fest.

Test cricket is a game of chess on a cricket pitch.

Test cricket is the AC, the pinnacle, the T20 is the SailGP of cricket, the smash n bash made for TV entertainment for those who don't have the attention span to understand the real game.

Be fair, they have a chance to redeem themselves in some of the sporting events coming up, which are either bigger or more relevant to this forum

Winter Olympic games

Football world cup

Ah well.... not much to look forward to, from that line-up. ;-)

Winter Olympic games

Football world cup

“SailGP season 2 completion” lol like anyone cares.

34 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Ah well.... not much to look forward to, from that line-up. ;-)

Well when your country only does 3 sports and you lose in 2 (both men and women in rugby and cricket) and 2/3 (sail gp and Olympic sailing), what do you expect?

We still have hopes in all those (though admittedly those in football will be smashed into pieces once the tournament starts, probably by Germany). 

3 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Test cricket is where its at.

T20 is just a made for TV smash fest.

Test cricket is a game of chess on a cricket pitch.

Test cricket is the AC, the pinnacle, the T20 is the SailGP of cricket, the smash n bash made for TV entertainment for those who don't have the attention span to understand the real game.

The AC like test cricket? :lol:

The present event is the T20 without the crowds. A built for TV circus, sailing for the masses trying to emulate all the Red Bull shows without the excitement.

Test cricket, you really are a dickhead.

1 minute ago, Gissie said:

The present event is the T20 without the crowds. A built for TV circus, sailing for the masses trying to emulate all the Red Bull shows without the excitement.

Test cricket is the most pure form of the game. Just like a test match in rugby is always the better form of the game. T20 is nothing but entertainment. It’s a batsman’s game. Go out there and smash as hard as you can for as long as you can and get as many runs as you can. There’s no strategy, it’s just aim for the boundary all day long.

Just now, Forourselves said:

Test cricket is the most pure form of the game. Just like a test match in rugby is always the better form of the game. T20 is nothing but entertainment. It’s a batsman’s game. Go out there and smash as hard as you can for as long as you can and get as many runs as you can. There’s no strategy, it’s just aim for the boundary all day long.

Pretty much summed up most of the last AC. :lol:

• Like 2
Just now, Gissie said:

Pretty much summed up most of the last AC. :lol:

And the one before that, and the one before that. Is what it is. Apparently that’s what the masses want so that’s what they get.

45 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

Well when your country only does 3 sports and you lose in 2 (both men and women in rugby and cricket) and 2/3 (sail gp and Olympic sailing), what do you expect?

We still have hopes in all those (though admittedly those in football will be smashed into pieces once the tournament starts, probably by Germany). 

Our provenance in F1 is fine thanks.

We have Winter Olympians too.

Football? Lol...

12 minutes ago, Gissie said:

It’s a comparison moron. SailGP is the T20 of cricket. People love watching batsmen smash in T20 because it’s exciting. It’s a very basic concept. SailGP is a very basic concept. The teams turn up, race for 2 days, Fast boats, thrills, spills and crashes. Very basic principles. Test match cricket is strategic, as is the AC. Is chess and checkers.

7 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

It’s a comparison moron. SailGP is the T20 of cricket. People love watching batsmen smash in T20 because it’s exciting. It’s a very basic concept. SailGP is a very basic concept. The teams turn up, race for 2 days, Fast boats, thrills, spills and crashes. Very basic principles. Test match cricket is strategic, as is the AC. Is chess and checkers.

And your comparison is wrong. The only big difference between AC and SailGP is it isn't held as often. Although, for the right amount of money (calling Red Bull) that could easily be changed.

26 minutes ago, Gissie said:

And your comparison is wrong. The only big difference between AC and SailGP is it isn't held as often. Although, for the right amount of money (calling Red Bull) that could easily be changed.

So the fact that one is governed by an over 150 year old document requiring mutual consent, versus the other which is governed by Russell Coutts vision to “redefine sailing” isn’t a “big difference”?

• Like 1
38 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

So the fact that one is governed by an over 150 year old document requiring mutual consent, versus the other which is governed by Russell Coutts vision to “redefine sailing” isn’t a “big difference”?

To be clear, the Deed of Gift dates to 1887, so it is 134 years old.

It also does not require mutual consent:

"The Club challenging for the Cup and the Club holding the same may by mutual consent make any arrangement satisfactory to both as to the dates, courses, number of trials, rules and sailing regulations, and any and all other conditions of the match, in which case also the ten months’ notice may be waived.

In case the parties cannot mutually agree upon the terms of a match, then three races shall be sailed, and the winner of two of such races shall be entitled to the Cup. All such races shall be on ocean courses, free from headlands, as follows: the first race, twenty nautical miles to windward and return; the second race, an equilateral triangular race of thirty-nine nautical miles, the first side of which shall be a beat to windward; the third race, (if necessary), twenty nautical miles to windward and return; and one week day shall intervene between the conclusion of one race and the starting of the next race. These ocean courses shall be practicable in all parts for vessels of twenty-two feet draught of water and shall be selected by the Club holding the Cup; and these races shall be sailed subject to its rules and sailing regulations so far as the same do not conflict with the provisions of this deed of gift, but without any time allowances whatever. The challenged Club shall not be required to name its representative vessel until at the time agreed upon for the start, but the vessel when named must compete in all the races; and each of such races must be completed within seven hours."

The operative term here is "may." "May" is permissive not obligatory.

The second paragraph says how the Match is to be sailed when mutual consent is not reached.

3 hours ago, Forourselves said:

And the one before that, and the one before that. Is what it is. Apparently that’s what the masses want so that’s what they get.

Actually, it has fuck all to do with the masses.

3 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

Ah well, like, Sig. Patrizio Bertelli, at least you've got almost close a few times.  Where's, Pickles when you need him, eh?

3 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Ah well, like, Sig. Patrizio Bertelli, at least you've got almost close a few times. 

Unlike him we did win the world cup remember. And we are ranked 5 now so who knows. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Forourselves said:

The fact it is governed by an old deed does nothing to stop it being the same as SailGP. Just shows how badly the modern holders have changed what was once the pinnacle of sailing. One that was all about the race and bragging rights in the rich boys bar.

Now it is all bread and circuses for the masses. Short, bounce the boundary idiocy. All to try and make it pay for itself.

• Like 1
21 minutes ago, Gissie said:

The fact it is governed by an old deed does nothing to stop it being the same as SailGP. Just shows how badly the modern holders have changed what was once the pinnacle of sailing. One that was all about the race and bragging rights in the rich boys bar.

Now it is all bread and circuses for the masses. Short, bounce the boundary idiocy. All to try and make it pay for itself.

The old boys bar was never going to last forever. The old boys were getting older and older, greyer and greyer, fatter and fatter while the young sailors were blasting around in 49er skiffs and Nacra 17’s. The event needed to change, and it has.

12 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

The old boys bar was never going to last forever. The old boys were getting older and older, greyer and greyer, fatter and fatter while the young sailors were blasting around in 49er skiffs and Nacra 17’s. The event needed to change, and it has.

Yet these older, greyer and fatter rich boys are still sailing. They just race TP52's, J class etc. Not for them the masses and McDonald's sponsorship. They don't need it, they can pay for their own fun and stay fairly private with it.

Unlike the team, which has been forced to whore the event out to anyone prepared to cough up enough dough. Although there seem to be very few takers.

As for the young sailors zapping around, when they have the money to fund a race boat get back to me. Until then they are just hired hands out to make a buck.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Gissie said:

Yet these older, greyer and fatter rich boys are still sailing. They just race TP52's, J class etc. Not for them the masses and McDonald's sponsorship. They don't need it, they can pay for their own fun and stay fairly private with it.

Unlike the team, which has been forced to whore the event out to anyone prepared to cough up enough dough. Although there seem to be very few takers.

As for the young sailors zapping around, when they have the money to fund a race boat get back to me. Until then they are just hired hands out to make a buck.

Good for them. But the J's and TP52's as graceful as they are, are dinosaurs. Old technology, slow boring racers. Sailing is now about speed and excitement.

Thats just the way it is.

Personally, I'd like to see an evolution of the IACC, or even 100 foot keel boats racing in the AC, but foiling is where the sport is right now. 

9 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Good for them. But the J's and TP52's as graceful as they are, are dinosaurs. Old technology, slow boring racers. Sailing is now about speed and excitement.

Thats just the way it is.

Personally, I'd like to see an evolution of the IACC, or even 100 foot keel boats racing in the AC, but foiling is where the sport is right now because that is where the team has driven it.

FIFY

12 minutes ago, Gissie said:

FIFY

If not this team, another team would've introduced foiling. Its just the way sport is. It evolves.

Cricket has evolved from a game of strategy, over a 4 day period, to smash n bash over a 20 over innings.

Rugby has evolved from a game played on a winters afternoon to a sport who's season now starts mid summer and runs through to the end of year tour in November.

It is what it is. Sport evolves, sailing is no different.

44 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Sailing is now about speed and excitement.

Really. I must be doing that wrong too. Bugger.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

If not this team, another team would've introduced foiling. Its just the way sport is. It evolves.

Cricket has evolved from a game of strategy, over a 4 day period, to smash n bash over a 20 over innings.

Rugby has evolved from a game played on a winters afternoon to a sport who's season now starts mid summer and runs through to the end of year tour in November.

It is what it is. Sport evolves, sailing is no different.

So now you are saying the AC has evolved into T20 after all? :lol:

You really need to put more effort into keeping your bullshit straight.

Really? Who?

Provenance? McLaren, Amon, Hulme... one of which birthed one of the greatest F1 teams in recent history (you're welcome).

For drivers it's a brutal game, Hartley has likely had his shot, hopefully Liam Lawson will get a good one soon. Failing that there's worse people to be than another Scott Dixon. :-)

1 hour ago, Sailbydate said:

Really. I must be doing that wrong too. Bugger.

Lol The pointy end of the sport is all about speed and excitement.

Probably why most of us, if not all of us in here are here and not enjoying the spoils of the AC like GD is.

1 hour ago, Gissie said:

So now you are saying the AC has evolved into T20 after all? :lol:

You really need to put more effort into keeping your bullshit straight.

In some ways yes, it has. Though it still retains its core governing principles which prevent it from evolving as far as SailGP has.

It is still governed by a document which has remained largely unscathed since its inception in 1851.

SailGP is run by one man, who makes decisions for every single team in the competition, and who at the drop of a hat, can change what ever he wants, when ever he wants. 

3 hours ago, rh3000 said:

Provenance? McLaren, Amon, Hulme... one of which birthed one of the greatest F1 teams in recent history (you're welcome).

For drivers it's a brutal game, Hartley has likely had his shot, hopefully Liam Lawson will get a good one soon. Failing that there's worse people to be than another Scott Dixon. :-)

McClaren? Which never won a title until a Brit took it over? Run from Woking, England 

So no NZ involvement at all in current F1, apart (almost inevitably) from the Kiwi who serves the drinks In the VIP drivers club lounge at Silverstone. And no chances of winning the driver's title since 1967.

21 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

McClaren? Which never won a title until a Brit took it over? Run from Woking, England 

So no NZ involvement at all in current F1, apart (almost inevitably) from the Kiwi who serves the drinks In the VIP drivers club lounge at Silverstone. And no chances of winning the driver's title since 1967.

Not that you care about F1 right? I mean especially since they're holding an event in Saudi Arabia right? 

Hypocrite.

1 hour ago, enigmatically2 said:

You know every face in every F1 team!? Impressive stuff.

FYI location of building does not determine nationality of constructor. McLaren is indeed certified by an English club though. You have a kiwi to thank for it, just like you have the Germans to thank for Mercedes, a German constructor who happens to be based in England.

Anyway there's one prize in sport the Brits excel at, reliable if not perennial under achievers . Shame...

2 hours ago, Forourselves said:

In some ways yes, it has. Though it still retains its core governing principles which prevent it from evolving as far as SailGP has.

It is still governed by a document which has remained largely unscathed since its inception in 1851.

SailGP is run by one man, who makes decisions for every single team in the competition, and who at the drop of a hat, can change what ever he wants, when ever he wants. 

But the governing document can mean whatever mc decides, as you continually bleat on about. So there is nothing stopping it becoming SailGP with a new name.

At present they are just using a different boat and forcing teams to join in or don't get to play the big game.

Seems if is all being run by one man, Lord Dalts. He just wishes he had the money of Lord Ellison.

30 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

Anyway there's one prize in sport the Brits excel at, reliable if not perennial under achievers . Shame...

Really? That the best you can do,

• Only country to have won world cups in all of the biggest 3 world team sports (football, rugby & cricket)
  • 4th, 2nd and 3rd in medal tables for last 3 Olympics- Most successful country at Olympic sailing (last time and all-time)
  • More F1 driver titles than any other country (including 6 of the last 10)
  • 6 of the last 10 Tour De France winners

Those are the largest sporting events in the world (excluding Asian Games where it is true we have had little success).

Some under-achievers

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

Really? That the best you can do,

• Only country to have won world cups in all of the biggest 3 world team sports (football, rugby & cricket)
  • 4th, 2nd and 3rd in medal tables for last 3 Olympics- Most successful country at Olympic sailing (last time and all-time)
  • More F1 driver titles than any other country (including 6 of the last 10)
  • 6 of the last 10 Tour De France winners

Those are the largest sporting events in the world (excluding Asian Games where it is true we have had little success).

Some under-achievers

LOL

19 minutes ago, dg_sailingfan said:

A couple of councillors are disappointed. Though the council gets a higher rent now. And they get some 'ship-building' back. I've had more backlash from a seat-belt pre-tensioner

39 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

A couple of councillors are disappointed. Though the council gets a higher rent now. And they get some 'ship-building' back. I've had more backlash from a seat-belt pre-tensioner

Your problem is you don't use enough exclamation points!! You need to raise your game to stress the urgency of this!!!!

(irony font, in case that wasn't obvious)