35 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

It's about our economy. GDP from 5 million peeps and 39 million sheep (although many of our people are brilliant and world leaders in their fields) don't add up to much. We have one pie to share around and it's not very big by global standards.

But when the pie tastes great, you tend to stay put. Quality of life offsets quantity for me at least.

• Like 2
  • Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

shes legit ... foil arm looks to be in the front end of the box ... opposite of all other teams ... what are we going to read into that?

ETNZ are probably favorites .....but win or lose....Team New Zealand have firmly established themselves as the all time great AC nation in the modern era.   From the time they first emerged, they have

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Sailbydate said:

It's about our economy. GDP from 5 million peeps and 39 million sheep (although many of our people are brilliant and world leaders in their fields) don't add up to much. We have one pie to share around and it's not very big by global standards.

And a lot of infrastructure to maintain off a small tax base. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

Oh you guys have "explained" many things in these threads. The problem is - virtually none of them hold up under even the slightest scrutiny. After all, as you say, when smarter and more capable people who actually know what they are talking about state facts...

"we dont take much of anything they say as fact"

ok thats all a bit word soupish but i shall try to decode and reply

the only example you quote as proof of being wrong (  " when smarter and more capable people who actually know what they are talking about state facts...

"we dont take much of anything they say as fact" )  .... is the same department that the uni prof you also quoted .. cited as being wrong

im also not sure how you can use something that proves me right as proving im wrong ( lets just leave it as a trumpish  logic )

3 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

I agree in that work isn't all about the money, but why should they pay you less when no one else does?

I think once point being missed is that this is not a share driven enterprise. Work is not being sucked out of these folks to increase dividends, and funneled into offshore accounts. Like a few famous low wage enterprises I can think of.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

So is this supposed to be good?  

It is basically an employer taking advantage of the people who have a passion to pursue an occupation.  It happens all the time where people like teachers, or law enforcement, or nurses, or solders, or etc... are expected to live on lower wages and basically subsidize their employer because "they are loyal".  How many of you take a lower wage and work longer hours because you are loyal to your employer?  I see it as Team NZ taking advantage of the Kiwi crew/employees.  And then you turn anyone into villains if they go get paid what they are worth.  Many of these sailors are just like any professional athlete that have a very limited career in which they can make money in their sport.

So you think money grows on trees? They pay what they can afford. If you don't like it, go somewhere else. All Blacks get paid much less than some French Club sides pay their players. For instance, Richie McCaw - considered the greatest no.7 to ever play the game as well as the most successful All Black Captain to wear the jersey makes around 500, 000 a year to wear the Black Jersey Yes, a lot compared to Joe Bloggs down the road) Sonny Bill Williams is about to walk into a 10 million dollar Rugby League contract with a little known Canadian side. Some people just want to represent their country, and take what ever they're paid just to do that. NZ Rugby can't afford to pay 100 million dollar rugby contracts. Thats just life.

The plan layouts on the left show the area and shape of the static water plane.

The diagonal line shows the width of Bmax and an indication of where the centre of buoyancy is likely to be at a theoretically optimal heel for non foiling light weather. Which is a clear indication that heeled, the 2 “scow” approaches should have less BWL, less WSA and higher available RM than the other two.

Not that any of this matters, because it is highly probable that the vehicles (I hesitate to say boats) will be airborne for the entire race. So one should really be looking at which vehicle in itself behaves best as an airfoil to supplement and assist the water foils.

With or without ground effect.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, chesirecat said:

So did anyone notice in the above graphic how hull section influences foil and therefore ride height and how again - and more stuff.

Exactly.  The hulls that extend further down below the foil pivot point will look to be riding closer to the water. LR and NZ will look to be riding closer to the water than AM or UK with the foil at the exact same depth in the water.  That could give them less room to "drop" during maneuvers before the hull touches water.  Another observation from the diagrams is how high the top deck is from the same foil pivot points.  UK is the lowest, followed by NZ and then LR and AM.  That would be the height above water at the bottom of the mast.  What would be the advantage of that?  So the UK hull looks to ride high above the water, but the base of it's mast would be the closest to the water.  (assuming the diagram are correct)

14 hours ago, Liquid said:

Clean, keep up man! 

The new term is "OK Boomer!"

only millennials and younger are allowed to use that term without appearing like the 40 year old partying at the nightclub.

as a gen xer i have to stick with gramps or paw paw

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

This came up in another thread over in SA. 

yeah right, that's me.

• Like 1

I met Peter Burling for towing tank test.
Competitive.
By the way.. The thread for the Ineos Team Uk, an d I know the the key Players are here 

8 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Right, thanks, thought it would be of interest. Lost the old long Ineos thread last week starting over. 

Why? Was quitte good.
Ben was in it. This guy as well.
I met Jim Rathcliff..
1543417392_GrantSimmer.thumb.jpg.e1954bcd4f0b41f98bf9ea226b39d4d0.jpg

• Like 1
18 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

Exactly.  The hulls that extend further down below the foil pivot point will look to be riding closer to the water. LR and NZ will look to be riding closer to the water than AM or UK with the foil at the exact same depth in the water.  That could give them less room to "drop" during maneuvers before the hull touches water.  Another observation from the diagrams is how high the top deck is from the same foil pivot points.  UK is the lowest, followed by NZ and then LR and AM.  That would be the height above water at the bottom of the mast.  What would be the advantage of that?  So the UK hull looks to ride high above the water, but the base of it's mast would be the closest to the water.  (assuming the diagram are correct)

In Olympic classes every mm matters even in one design classes, so these AC's will be down to the mm as well. Keeping the rig low helps keep the power low along with centers of inertia so the boat is easier to control without loosening responsiveness. Someone in the know who saw it sail in the Solent, mentioned an advantage on rig geometry. There will no doubt be others, especially hull structure and rig tension. I was amazed to see how they were pulsing the jib through the gusts, they must have some seriously good control systems and a super-stiff boat - stiff enough to break a mast.

• Like 1

Ian Percy (GBR), Anders Ekström (Swe) won ISS (Star Class)  in Nassau, Bahamas.
Not bad, not bad at all. Can't be better actualy, except winning the cup..
56788523_Starworldchampions.thumb.jpg.0561d8dca8cf53ba4c7e1783f2030df1.jpg
514677139_.IainPercyandAndersEkstrm.thumb.jpg.dd6aa4b613f63e92510da75af8b84432.jpg

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, Ex-yachtie said:

giphy.gif

Yeah right, Can you do what Ian Percy did?
1088274535_IainPercy.PNG.a157619f647c3f84ba3a32f1f0e77b8e.PNG|
Source: https://www.ineosteamuk.com/en/articles/69_Going-for-the-double.html

55 minutes ago, schakel488 said:

Yeah right, Can you do what Ian Percy did?
1088274535_IainPercy.PNG.a157619f647c3f84ba3a32f1f0e77b8e.PNG|
Source: https://www.ineosteamuk.com/en/articles/69_Going-for-the-double.html

Nope. Nor do I want to when it come to these things  

I get it. Stars are great to sail. They’re technically complex. There’s a lot of great sailors (being paid to) sail them. Awesome. 

The fact of the matter is they’re boring as bat shit. Watching them sail is like watching someone else masturbate. They have all the fun and, in the end, you’re left dissatisfied. 

4 hours ago, Ex-yachtie said:

The fact of the matter is they’re boring as bat shit. Watching them sail is like watching someone else masturbate. They have all the fun and, in the end, you’re left dissatisfied

That's exactly what they seem to be doing downwind, really slowly.

And Percy isn't even in Team Ineos AFAIK, so what's the point here. He must be happy to have gotten out of Malta, in one piece, though. B) 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Fiji Bitter said:

That's exactly what they seem to be doing downwind, really slowly.

And Percy isn't even in Team Ineos AFAIK, so what's the point here. He must be happy to have gotten out of Malta, in one piece, though. B) 

Downwind, the Stars all trim their mast extremely forward.
Typical Star trimming I believe, but why?
Star.PNG.5e0aebb1a1698c1e0fd5002060eeb880.PNG
90 degrees straight to where the wind comes from gives most effective sailarea was my trimming strategy.
And yep, it is slightly of topic, But to see Ineos Team UK racing we have to wait a while...
AC36_Timeline_19102019.jpg.0a676062b94a3b86a1ebb603632eb289.jpg
The first race in the World series GP Sydney is February 28-29 2020
532082953_SydneyGP.PNG.ae5f6404ee497c979d5ac2d42adbca52.PNG

1 hour ago, schakel488 said:

Downwind, the Stars all trim their mast extremely forward.
Typical Star trimming I believe, but why?
Star.PNG.5e0aebb1a1698c1e0fd5002060eeb880.PNG
90 degrees straight to where the wind comes from gives most effective sailarea was my trimming strategy.
And yep, it is slightly of topic, But to see Ineos Team UK racing we have to wait a while...
AC36_Timeline_19102019.jpg.0a676062b94a3b86a1ebb603632eb289.jpg
The first race in the World series GP Sydney is February 28-29 2020
532082953_SydneyGP.PNG.ae5f6404ee497c979d5ac2d42adbca52.PNG

It’s always more efficient to pull something than push it. 

They’re moving the COE forward, which they can do downwind m, without excess drag, because the COE, COR and direction of travel all align. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Ex-yachtie said:

They’re moving the COE forward, which they can do downwind m, without excess drag, because the COE, COR and direction of travel all align. 

The upper leach is  forward and the twist at that level if just right. Plus one gets reverse airflow if wished.

5 hours ago, Ex-yachtie said:

And the man on the foredeck takes care the mast isn't being blown overboard?
A mast on a Star is more like spaghetti then a fixed mast like on a 6.50 Mini.
6.50 on photo is Laura Dekker.

Star.PNG.ce11f7aff4549d655ea0ebc979e50540.PNG
1982921102_LauraDekker.thumb.jpg.e898ef88232ffed2fba1da03c9ac4bd6.jpg
Correct, off topic, but still about boats, Weak argument... Sorry

Went to Isle of Wight last weekend, hoped to see Britannia on the water (even had camera with proper lens ready, bah). However, seemed the boys had weekend off - even though the conditions were great (at least on Saturday, Sunday was quite gusty). Not much going on in the base.

IMG_20191207_095553.jpg

23 hours ago, chesirecat said:

Sizeable exercise. Challenging teams would want to cut down on events no directly related to the cup itself.

https://www.sailweb.co.uk/2019/12/10/ineos-team-uk-move-everything-including-the-kitchen

Interesting about how they will return to Portsmouth in May, instead of staying on in Cagliari, I wonder why?

Come May 2020, the pack-up operation will begin as everything must return home to Portsmouth. It is expected that the second ACWS event will be held at Portsmouth, UK, in June 2020.”

Its taking 5 weeks or more to move these AC75 operations. Massive downtime and logistical distractions, so no wonder the Challengers don't want these regattas. Wouldnt be surprised to see Ineos develope two race support teams. In my day we had three tornados, one current Euro-based race boat, one in the southern hemisphere and one in the States such was the way the qualifiers ended up, so that was a nice cheap easy to run campaign.

• Like 1
On 12/11/2019 at 7:35 AM, chesirecat said:

Sizeable exercise. Challenging teams would want to cut down on events no directly related to the cup itself.

https://www.sailweb.co.uk/2019/12/10/ineos-team-uk-move-everything-including-the-kitchen

Exactly. Now looking from the Defenders perspective, who are also required to compete in these regatta's which are meaningless in the big picture is an even larger logistrical undertaking with not much payoff for them. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stingray~ said:

Interesting about how they will return to Portsmouth in May, instead of staying on in Cagliari, I wonder why?

Come May 2020, the pack-up operation will begin as everything must return home to Portsmouth. It is expected that the second ACWS event will be held at Portsmouth, UK, in June 2020.”

At least they seem willing to appease the Kiwis and give Ahmed his ring-kiss. Of course, GBR can justify that much easier than the rest of the teams. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

3 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Well, Ben Ainslie and whoever from Ineos AC team is sailing the Ineos F50 have to be in SF a bit before the May 2-3 SGP event. Presumably they wants to get their F50 team practice time in.  That historically has been a day or two depending on conditions, depending on when their boat assembly is finished.  Then they are in NYC a bit before 12-13 June for that SGP event. Maybe they just decided to pack up and move early. The might get some Portsmouth sailing time in early June? 

On 12/10/2019 at 7:35 PM, chesirecat said:

Why on earth would they move the kitchen and forsake four months of great Sardinian food?

I’m betting the Kiwis will feel right at home: the holiday staple is a piglet cooked in an underground pit, same as they do

2 hours ago, Xlot said:

Why on earth would they move the kitchen and forsake four months of great Sardinian food?

I’m betting the Kiwis will feel right at home: the holiday staple is a piglet cooked in an underground pit, same as they do

If you were trying to make sure your crew was staying at optimal weight, would you offer Italian or English food? I’d way 300 pounds if I had to spend the year in Sardinia!  My time in England consisted of “no thanks, I’m full.”

• Like 1
6 hours ago, chesirecat said:

Its taking 5 weeks or more to move these AC75 operations. Massive downtime and logistical distractions, so no wonder the Challengers don't want these regattas. Wouldnt be surprised to see Ineos develope two race support teams. In my day we had three tornados, one current Euro-based race boat, one in the southern hemisphere and one in the States such was the way the qualifiers ended up, so that was a nice cheap easy to run campaign.

Spot On...!

8 hours ago, chesirecat said:

Bit of info from the local rag. After the November on the Solent Sardinia will seem tropical.

http://www.sailingsardinia.it/cagliari-ultime-news-sulla-coppa/?fbclid=IwAR0xN5kvpELHr5O6aA7MmV4svX0UcFXnHXIlqN7wc69DRBD0rKl79PLAQAA

I thought it was funny in the Prada open house video, the spectators had parkas on in the "warm winter base."

• Like 1
6 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

I thought it was funny in the Prada open house video, the spectators had parkas on in the "warm winter base."

Also, locals were gaping at the Brits, who were going about in short-sleeved shirts and bermudas

6 hours ago, terrafirma said:

I'm a little surprised they posted this but having said that there maybe no surprises to the competition here?

That's T5 = The mule. The packaging will probably be very different on Ineos-B1. In addition T5 didn't have to be compliant to the rules making this shot not so relevant for other teams.

As fan however, I very much like Ineos releasing this kind of shots, all credits to them.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, Tornado-Cat said:

Boat or plane ?

I know that people who lay out the tubes want to be neat and organized, but for an application that has a very limited amount of hydraulic pressure there are a lot of unnecessary 90 bends.  The layout is not optimized to reduce drag on the hydraulic pressure.  Two 45's have one third of the drag as one 90 bend.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

I know that people who lay out the tubes want to be neat and organized, but for an application that has a very limited amount of hydraulic pressure there are a lot of unnecessary 90 bends.  The layout is not optimized to reduce drag on the hydraulic pressure.  Two 45's have one third of the drag as one 90 bend.

Looks importantly impressive though and considering the millions being spent simple and efficient is not part of this AC design landscape.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

The calculations for fluid resistance in swept bends are known. If they're using 46 weight hydraulic fluid and the tube is 12mm, then the radius of the bends seen in the picture will have very little effect at 200 Bar. 

The transitions of pipe to block will be more of a concern. The fittings look to be stepped up a size as they enter the blocks and are quite large on the tube to tube connections. It is far from an impressive installation and looks constructed more for ease of servicing than efficiency. If you want performance and long term reliability then this would look significantly different. For a start, there's bugger all tube support!

48 minutes ago, Salty Seacock said:

The calculations for fluid resistance in swept bends are known. If they're using 46 weight hydraulic fluid and the tube is 12mm, then the radius of the bends seen in the picture will have very little effect at 200 Bar. 

The transitions of pipe to block will be more of a concern. The fittings look to be stepped up a size as they enter the blocks and are quite large on the tube to tube connections. It is far from an impressive installation and looks constructed more for ease of servicing than efficiency. If you want performance and long term reliability then this would look significantly different. For a start, there's bugger all tube support!

You hit the point on servicing. T5 config was specifically chosen for changes.

On 12/13/2019 at 12:54 AM, Tornado-Cat said:

Boat or plane ?

Yep that's how hydraulics look like, Needed for lifting foils 1385 kg heavy each.
What else is done with hydraulic power.
Jib- and mainsail sheeting.  Rudder?
Foiltrimtabs?
Failing hydraulics was responsible for this accident.
424871162_failinghydraulics.jpg.4c08afaf1a7a7753a1668b8dcf94cb97.jpg

1 hour ago, Forourselves said:

Only another 14 months to go! lol

Perhaps more a dig at those who caused this expensive, timewasting logistical distraction. Some two months  per event taken up with traveling, packing up and setting up.

7 hours ago, schakel488 said:

Yep that's how hydraulics look like, Needed for lifting foils 1175 kg heavy each.
What else is done with hydraulic power.
Jib- and mainsail sheeting.  Rudder?
Foiltrimtabs?
Failing hydraulics was responsible for this accident.
424871162_failinghydraulics.jpg.4c08afaf1a7a7753a1668b8dcf94cb97.jpg

Addition to the above; Overview hydraulics Oracle ac72.
909024969_AC72WinnerAmericasCupelectricalpanelandbatterybracketsinsidethecentralpod.thumb.jpg.6efda3640f226dbcd7218b97f80790d7.jpg

AC72-polars-deltas.thumb.jpg.38ce92d78bcc4475cddfcabc8a2ffc37.jpg
AC72-polars-board-settings.thumb.jpg.5ec574516d89ed7dc7a503354798294c.jpg

AC72-polars-wing-trimmer.thumb.jpg.0c552b16eb061d5d59a86f502933bcb1.jpg

1742900945_AC72WinnerAmericasCupdaggerboardcontrolpanelconnectionsinSimeonTienpontscockpit.thumb.jpg.845482d89ae352e209f9e3d8db8db3cc.jpg
Last picture are daggerboard control panel connections in Simeon Tienpont’s cockpit
Large_GG12SFOSEP210891.jpg
So complicated with a lot detailed trimming activities.
The AC75's will be different but as technical as the AC 72's
Team Ineos Uk has a lot to do before the first race in Sardinia.
Guess they are happy to sail and trim in warmer waters.

• Like 5
2 hours ago, schakel488 said:

Addition to the above; Overview hydraulics Oracle ac72.
909024969_AC72WinnerAmericasCupelectricalpanelandbatterybracketsinsidethecentralpod.thumb.jpg.6efda3640f226dbcd7218b97f80790d7.jpg

AC72-polars-deltas.thumb.jpg.38ce92d78bcc4475cddfcabc8a2ffc37.jpg
AC72-polars-board-settings.thumb.jpg.5ec574516d89ed7dc7a503354798294c.jpg

AC72-polars-wing-trimmer.thumb.jpg.0c552b16eb061d5d59a86f502933bcb1.jpg

1742900945_AC72WinnerAmericasCupdaggerboardcontrolpanelconnectionsinSimeonTienpontscockpit.thumb.jpg.845482d89ae352e209f9e3d8db8db3cc.jpg
Last picture are daggerboard control panel connections in Simeon Tienpont’s cockpit
Large_GG12SFOSEP210891.jpg
So complicated with a lot detailed trimming activities.
The AC75's will be different but as technical as the AC 72's
Team Ineos Uk has a lot to do before the first race in Sardinia.
Guess they are happy to sail and trim in warmer waters.

Thanks for the pics, gives some insight into what it takes to sail those boats.

• Like 1
On 12/13/2019 at 2:16 PM, Salty Seacock said:

Thanks.  I am not a hydraulic engineer, I just play one on SAAC...  It seems like a lot of loops back on themselves, I would hope the AC75 would be more streamlined.

1 hour ago, Tornado-Cat said:

They will sail within the next days but will pack again in May for Ahmed show.

We all can understand the resident troll's desperate desire to imply the top top dog at Emirates cares about sailing, and the regattas are all at his behest, but I thought at least you were better than that...

Of course Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum is as concerned with ETNZ as Guillaume Faury is with American Magic... ie not really any more important than any number of hundreds of sponsorships they are involved in every year - although I suspect ETNZ's has probably had the best ROI of any for their sponsor!

The reason Emirates sponsors ETNZ is due to long term relationship actually driven by another Kiwi - Gary Chapman...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/3767818/Emirates-leader-quiet-Kiwi-achiever

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11126124

Read, learn, be happy :-)

• Like 1
6 hours ago, chesirecat said:

Some two months  per event taken up with traveling, packing up and setting up.

if its taking 2 months out of your schedule every time .. you need to get another team manager ( logistics )

F1 takes about 4 days from race finishing to ready to race in another country ( that includes repainting the pit garage each time )

23 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

So if you're suggesting that a sailing team on the other side of the world accepting sponsorship from an airline that operates out of one of the countries involved in the war is in some way a connection, how does that compare with a sailing team based in and named for a country that is actively encouraging and supplying arms to both of the countries involved in the war?

• Like 5

The significant difference lays with the fact that TNZ is scoffing from the trough of those who are engaged in crimes against humanity.

The airline is a subsidiary of The Emirates Group, which is owned by the government of Dubai's Investment Corporation of Dubai.

The Frackers are entirely self funded by a petrochemical polluter sure thats not the ideal look but there is no sponsorship that can be directly linked to arms exports let alone the slaughter of thousands of innocents.

2 hours ago, rh3000 said:

We all can understand the resident troll's desperate desire to imply the top top dog at Emirates cares about sailing, and the regattas are all at his behest, but I thought at least you were better than that...

Of course Ahmed bin Saeed Al Maktoum is as concerned with ETNZ as Guillaume Faury is with American Magic... ie not really any more important than any number of hundreds of sponsorships they are involved in every year - although I suspect ETNZ's has probably had the best ROI of any for their sponsor!

The reason Emirates sponsors ETNZ is due to long term relationship actually driven by another Kiwi - Gary Chapman...

http://www.stuff.co.nz/business/3767818/Emirates-leader-quiet-Kiwi-achiever

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/business/news/article.cfm?c_id=3&objectid=11126124

Read, learn, be happy :-)

I learnt about Gary Chapman, thanks, happy now :)

That said, read after me:

- Ineos Team UK

- American Magic

- Emirates Team New Zeland

Ahmed is not the average sponsor, first in the name, personal race in Portsmouth.

As I saw you (probably, but iirc you admitted) publishing posts in the ETNZ facebook page, I can say that, whoever you are, you are Ahmed's employee.

But here I am trolling, well, sure ? ;)

• Downvote 1
5 minutes ago, Tornado-Cat said:

But here I am trolling, well, sure

he was comparing your act to the resident trolls normal MO

he was not saying you are that person ( your not )

• Like 1
57 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

The significant difference lays with the fact that TNZ is scoffing from the trough of those who are engaged in crimes against humanity.

The airline is a subsidiary of The Emirates Group, which is owned by the government of Dubai's Investment Corporation of Dubai.

The Frackers are entirely self funded by a petrochemical polluter sure thats not the ideal look but there is no sponsorship that can be directly linked to arms exports let alone the slaughter of thousands of innocents.

Do you know every company that your retirement savings are invested in? 

Are they all squeaky clean? 

Yup and it is doing quite nicely thank you for asking.

TNZ is sponsored primarily with grubby money and more focused on their own prosperity and success  rather than occupying the high moral ground it’s not a t-shirt I will buy and wear.

If you can ever get your dick out of that sheep’s arse get on the google and spend a moment to examine the background to the TNZ empire.

10 hours ago, chesirecat said:

Perhaps more a dig at those who caused this expensive, timewasting logistical distraction. Some two months  per event taken up with traveling, packing up and setting up.

If running a World Series disadvantages anyone, it’s the team based about as far away from anywhere as you can get.

In this instance that also appears to be the same team who has the most sailing hours under their belt. 

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

TNZ is sponsored primarily with grubby money and more focused on their own prosperity and success  rather than occupying the high moral ground it’s not a t-shirt I will buy and wear.

If you can ever get your dick out of that sheep’s arse get on the google and spend a moment to examine the background to the TNZ empire.

With respect you and everyone else outside the team do not know if anyone is the primary sponsor.

While Emirates have the naming writes ETNZ have many sponsors including the New Zealand Government which you may have noticed is represented by NZ included in the name.

The chances are that Emirates are a minority share holder of a large operation paid for be many.

48 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

You do know Emirates Airlines sponsors many, many sports.

44 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

Do you enjoy Christmas, the celebration of the birth of Christ. How about Easter? Do you read Exodus? 

15 minutes ago, Salty Seacock said:

Do you enjoy Christmas, the celebration of the birth of Christ. How about Easter? Do you read Exodus? 

Sorry Salty you have confused me with somebody else.

I come from a long line of mad Irish bombers that renounced Christ after spending their first decade in the Maze.

Hows that Te Aihe calf coming along must be putting on weight by now.

• Downvote 1
17 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

You do know Emirates Airlines sponsors many, many sports.

Crikey more sports with blood on their hands who would of thought that was possible.

Its a regime that pours dollops of loot into sales and marketing.

Sports and politics don’t mix so I was told here in Aotearoa pre 1981 by Muldoon not so sure you can sell that fallacy much longer to anybody with a few clues.

1 hour ago, Priscilla said:

Sorry, I've got a life, if you're so concerned why dont you go down and offer them your money so they can go sailing.