• Replies 10.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

shes legit ... foil arm looks to be in the front end of the box ... opposite of all other teams ... what are we going to read into that?

ETNZ are probably favorites .....but win or lose....Team New Zealand have firmly established themselves as the all time great AC nation in the modern era.   From the time they first emerged, they have

Slowly working through yesterday's lot

Posted Images

On 9/11/2020 at 2:20 PM, Stingray~ said:

Wait, according to fanboy, I thought NZ was the only team to bring innovation to the cup?

9 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Slow news day so..

Ineos in £700m bid to buy F1 giants Mercedes with chemicals giant and Britain's richest man Sir Jim Ratcliffe set to take 70 per cent share in team

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formulaone/article-8726425/Ineos-700m-bid-buy-Mercedes-chemicals-giant-set-70-cent-share-F1-team.html

Billionaire doing Billionaire things 

1 hour ago, phill_nz said:

interesting

i wonder if mclaren will now be able to get mercedes motors

Why wouldn’t they? 

Mercedes are still an ego e supplier to F1 

The ineos deal should it go ahead is only a control long stake in the team not Mercedes the company.

its all funny in the context of the bullshit that Ineos was short of cash, in addition to the recent Shirley interview with Grant saying they have held budget Back should it be needed when they get to NZ in case of anything needing money throwing at it 

On 9/11/2020 at 4:52 PM, Forourselves said:

Yes it is.  The Intent of the DoG is exactly that.

Clubs, so it appears.  What if (long shot) AM wins, then S&S challenges?  Or Oracle return?  Couldn’t happen as both would be American?

5 minutes ago, Teaky said:

Clubs, so it appears.  What if (long shot) AM wins, then S&S challenges?  Or Oracle return?  Couldn’t happen as both would be American?

It's a friendly competition between clubs. They could either ask to compete for the opportunity to be defender (unlikely), or become a challenger like the rest.

31 minutes ago, Teaky said:

Making it clubs, rather than nations that compete.

The YC Challenges for, or Defends, the Cup, representing the country, as in:

"This Cup is donated upon the conditions that it shall be preserved as a perpetual Challenge Cup for friendly competition between foreign countries."

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, Teaky said:

Making it clubs, rather than nations that compete.

If NYYS American Magic win, S&S can't challange NYYS.

Only yacht clubs from foreign countries can challenge.

Clubs from the same country as the defending club can only compete if the defender decides to have defender series.

RNZYS have decided that they won't have a defender series, so no other NZ yacht club can currently compete.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Teaky said:

Ah, defender series!  I honestly didn’t think of that.  Has that happened before?

1995 AC29 when Dennis Conor used another defender candidate's boat "Young America" to lose 5-zip to Black Magic.

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, Chapter Four said:

If NYYS American Magic win, S&S can't challange NYYS.

Only yacht clubs from foreign countries can challenge.

Clubs from the same country as the defending club can only compete if the defender decides to have defender series.

RNZYS have decided that they won't have a defender series, so no other NZ yacht club can currently compete.

is that entirely true?

IF RNZYS/ETNZ/LR was to get a challenge from a 2nd NZ club ... wouldn't they be forced to have a defender series? or at least consider it and have to come up with a dam good reason as to why that club should be in with the general pool of other competitors

The only reason I can see as to why RNZYS didn't have a defender series is that there was no other club willing/able to be apart of it

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Lickindip said:

is that entirely true?

IF RNZYS/ETNZ/LR was to get a challenge from a 2nd NZ club ... wouldn't they be forced to have a defender series? or at least consider it and have to come up with a dam good reason as to why that club should be in with the general pool of other competitors

The only reason I can see as to why RNZYS didn't have a defender series is that there was no other club willing/able to be apart of it

No. Mutual Consent exists only between the Defender (RNZYS) and CoR (Circolo Della Vella Sicilia). No other Challenge may be considered until the current challenge has been decided.

If ETNZ chooses to have a Defender series, that is their choice, but the DoG makes no provision for anything other than the current Challenge.

In terms of the Challenger, also, No. It is a challenge cup in which only foreign challengers may compete.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Teaky said:

Ah, defender series!  I honestly didn’t think of that.  Has that happened before?

Plenty of defender series in AC history.  One of the reasons NYYC held onto Cup for decades. Some great battles in J Boats before WWII/ 

And not just in the USA.  More recently, the Aussie '87 Defender Selection Series off Frem.entle attracted four syndicates with a total of nine boats contending for the right to represent the then Cup holder, Royal Perth Yacht Club.

As others have noted, defender series only occur at the invitation of the defending club.

• Like 2

The defending Club (in the current cycle RNZYS) gets to decide if they want to run a defender series.

Historically, teams may come from other clubs, but if they are chosen to defend, they represent the defending club, eg RNZYS, not their home club. 

It's nothing to do with the Challengers, how they choose the defending team is their choice.

In more recent history though the defending team, not club runs the defense.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, Lickindip said:

is that entirely true?

Yep, it's entirely true! RNZYS can't be "forced" by anyone into holding a defender selection series: it's their decision and theirs alone. REality is NZ is too small and it's too expensive for another team to challenge for the right to represent

The only way another YC could become the Defender is if RNZYS is dissolved, at which point another YC in NZ will become the Defender, probably with the same ETNZ team as its representative.

2 hours ago, KiwiJoker said:

Plenty of defender series in AC history.

Almost (?) every AC up to & including '95 was a multiple Defender series. Arguably some/most would be better described as multi-boat campaigns.

Most vs a single Challenger.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, NeedAClew said:

A lot of them ie during NYYC reign were not by competing YC but owners/synicates

True, even owners from different YC’s would enter their syndicates under the NYYC’s DSS. 

A big difference from back then seems to be the diminished importance of the YC’s more recently. Perhaps if AM (or you-name-who) won then the syndicate would leave the admin and event-handling part of a Defence to the YC moreso that what’s been the norm lately. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Indio said:

Yep, it's entirely true! RNZYS can't be "forced" by anyone into holding a defender selection series: it's their decision and theirs alone. REality is NZ is too small and it's too expensive for another team to challenge for the right to represent

The only way another YC could become the Defender is if RNZYS is dissolved, at which point another YC in NZ will become the Defender, probably with the same ETNZ team as its representative.

ok, I'm following you.

Here is a hypothetical. after LR challenged. what would happen if some rich person gave a 2nd NZ team/Club (let's use mercury bay as an example) a heap of money to compete?

would ETNZ be forced to run a defender series (who would then represent RNZYC) or would the 2nd team/club be put in with the other challengers pool?

6 minutes ago, Lickindip said:

ok, I'm following you.

Here is a hypothetical. after LR challenged. what would happen if some rich person gave a 2nd NZ team/Club (let's use mercury bay as an example) a heap of money to compete?

would ETNZ be forced to run a defender series (who would then represent RNZYC) or would the 2nd team/club be put in with the other challengers pool?

That team would be able to compete against ETNZ to be the AC37 Defender, but only if RNZYS allowed them to. 

EB toyed with the idea of running an NZ syndicate at one point, before deciding to challenge instead for SNG. 

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

“Quite a Lot Different”

I’ll let a resident grammar nazi have a shot at that, but you’ve gotta day, you can’t fault his mathematical skills. 

Take me – I have a wife and two kids, so it’s four of us.”

1 minute ago, Ex-yachtie said:

I’ll let a resident grammar nazi have a shot at that, but you’ve gotta day, you can’t fault his mathematical skills. 

Take me – I have a wife and two kids, so it’s four of us.”

Yeah, but what happens when he runs out of fingers and toes? ;-)

Must be a bit ruff climbing onboard without a clue as to wether you will be steering or not in the Prada Cup.

Will you definitely be the person at the helm in Auckland?

We’re going to nail down our crew once we get a bit closer to the racing. In sport, nothing is definite!

8 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

Must be a bit ruff climbing onboard without a clue as to wether you will be steering or not in the Prada Cup.

Will you definitely be the person at the helm in Auckland?

We’re going to nail down our crew once we get a bit closer to the racing. In sport, nothing is definite!

THutch has said much the same about his role but in JS’s case, perhaps he’s being a little cagey? It’s possible LR will run a helm on each side, JS and Bruni, to alternate between SB and Port tacks, and/or for up/down and/or through different maneuvers? 

Hard to imagine JS not being on the helm for the starts! That Presti is with him again suggests it too.

7 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

THutch has said much the same about his role but in JS’s case, perhaps he’s being a little cagey? It’s possible LR will run a helm on each side, JS and Bruni, to alternate between SB and Port tacks, and/or for up/down and/or through different maneuvers? 

Hard to imagine JS not being on the helm for the starts! That Presti is with him again suggests it too.

Yup but THutch is not helming ,Deano Pete and Ben are locked and loaded whereby  it sounds like Jimmy is not...yet.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Lickindip said:

ok, I'm following you.

Ok I'll play along...:P:

The only way your mythical "rich person" can become involved in AC36 is by putting his money with Stars&Stripes.

A 2nd NZ team will have a snowball's chance in hades of challenging ETNZ for the right to defend, although they might just use them for opposed training. In this case, the 2nd team would need to represent a Deed-qualified YC or the Challengers would be jumping up and down accusing ETNZ of 2-boat testing:D

Short answer: No, No, and No.

4 hours ago, Lickindip said:

ok, I'm following you.

No, and No,

There is nothing that can make RNZYS run a defender series if they don't want to (ie if ETNZ dont want to, and why would they?)

Challengers are from foreign countries only.

7 minutes ago, Chapter Four said:

Challengers are from foreign countries only.

Again, Ernesto offered to run the 2003 Defense for the RNZYS YC, with RC in charge.

Some folks in Auckland fought the idea (surely with money motivations in mind) and so that’s how the Tight Five agreed with EB to Challenge instead, representing the Swiss club SNG.

That 2003 syndicate would like have won whether Challenging or Defending. 

1 hour ago, Indio said:

Ok I'll play along...:P:

The only way your mythical "rich person" can become involved in AC36 is by putting his money with Stars&Stripes.

A 2nd NZ team will have a snowball's chance in hades of challenging ETNZ for the right to defend, although they might just use them for opposed training. In this case, the 2nd team would need to represent a Deed-qualified YC or the Challengers would be jumping up and down accusing ETNZ of 2-boat testing:D

Short answer: No, No, and No.

sorry I should have been clearer. im not saying getting involved now

i was meaning just after LR challenged and when all other teams were signing up. what would be the process if an independent NZ team / club had cash to get involved

8 minutes ago, Lickindip said:

i was meaning just after LR challenged and when all other teams were signing up. what would be the process if an independent NZ team / club had cash to get involved

They would still have to approach RNZYS and RNZYS would defer to ETNZ, who would tell the pretender Defender to fuck off. There is already precedent for this in RNZYS Cup history.

20 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

RNZYS would defer to ETNZ

Which shows who is in charge.

A good question is ‘Why?’ Why is GD CEO of ACE as well as CEO of the syndicate ETNZ? Why is RNZYS or MBIE not ‘running the ACE event’ instead? There’s a financial conflict of interest there, as is blatantly apparent in the current setup as evidenced by all the financial S-Fights going on. 

20 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

A good question is ‘Why?’ Why is GD CEO of ACE as well as CEO of the syndicate ETNZ? Why is RNZYS or MBIE not ‘running the ACE event’ instead? There’s a financial conflict of interest there, as is blatantly apparent in the current setup as evidenced by all the financial S-Fights going on. 

All prudent clubs have a legal arrangement with their teams protecting the club from liability, and preventing the club from making decisions/announcements for the team. Look at the British set up.

Maybe the Kiwis learned fallacy of having the event separated from the team in  2003. 

MBIE couldn't run a bath. And since  June 2017 have demonstrated on numerous occasions that they have no understanding of the America's Cup.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Stingray~ said:

Indeed, as if there was ever any doubt.

Sometimes, Stinger your apparent naivety astounds me. ETNZ (and its backers/financiers) risked shitloads of money to challenge for the Cup. THEY won. They get to call the shots. End of. Everything else is window-dressing.

41 minutes ago, robberzdog said:

All prudent clubs have a legal arrangement with their teams protecting the club from liability, 

Yes, that financial safety from RNZYS may be in the Protocol in case anyone wants to look it up. 

I still think that, given the financial S-Fights to the tune of $6M or more in NZ courts, that maybe ETNZ should have been a financially separate entity from all that ‘run the event’ org.

1 minute ago, Sailbydate said:

Indeed, as if there was ever any doubt.

Sometimes, Stinger your apparent naivety astounds me. ETNZ (and its backers/financiers) risked shitloads of money to challenge for the Cup. THEY won. They get to call the shots. End of. Everything else is window-dressing.

its backers/financiers)” were in it to make a fortune if they won? How’s that been working out for them? 

I can see no way that LE did anything but sink hundreds of $Millions into AC sailing. This here is more a small-pond feeding frenzy, not a good look! 

2 hours ago, Lickindip said:

RNZYS will first have to decide in conjunction with their racing team representatives ETNZ, whether they want or whether there are any benefits in a Defender Selection Series. Your mythical NZTeam2 will have to convince RNZYS, with perhaps a $100-mil sweetener for instance...

If RNZYS says "No!", go fishing instead..

5 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

its backers/financiers)” were in it to make a fortune if they won? How’s that been working out for them? 

I can see no way that LE did anything but sink hundreds of $Millions into AC sailing. This here is more a small-pond feeding frenzy, not a good look! 

ETNZ's backers are not in it to make money, directly. Key sponsors for example, will be looking to build their brands by association and to leverage their sponsorship investments. The fact that Emirates have been a title sponsor since 2004, suggests they're getting the returns they need to stay involved. Other sponsors have been involved for a lot longer. 

You need to get out more, mate.

2 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

ETNZ's backers are not in it to make money, directly. Key sponsors for example, will be looking to build their brands by association and to leverage their sponsorship investments. The fact that Emirates have been a title sponsor since 2004, suggests they're getting the returns they need to stay involved. Other sponsors have been involved for a lot longer. 

You need to get out more, mate.

Tell him there's a BLM protest down the road he's missing out on...

• Downvote 1
12 minutes ago, Indio said:

RNZYS will first have to decide in conjunction with their racing team representatives ETNZ, whether they want or whether there are any benefits in a Defender Selection Series. Your mythical NZTeam2 will have to convince RNZYS, with perhaps a $100-mil sweetener for instance...

If RNZYS says "No!", go fishing instead..

nothing wrong with fishing mate , lets not bring that topic into this anarchy :D

so why has there ever need defender series unless there have been 'sweeteners' as you put it

Good question. I'd suggest politics, in the case of the NYYC.

As far as NZL is concerned, the reason last given, by TNZ, IIRC, was that there would not be enough sponsorship money available within NZL to finance two teams. But, the real reason was probably also likely to be politics.

On the other hand, politics aside and on a less cynical note, if you were the Defending club, you might want to be sure you had the best possible team; and boat, mounting your defence. 

2 minutes ago, Lickindip said:

nothing wrong with fishing mate , lets not bring that topic into this anarchy :D

so why has there ever need defender series unless there have been 'sweeteners' as you put it

Dennis The-Menace Conner would be the best person to ask - and perhaps Tommy Ehman who'll probably jump at the chance for any headline...

Seriously though, the US are probably the only country where a Defender Selection Series is viable and competitive, though it didn't help Conner in '95. The Aussies had a DSS in '87 and it didn't work out too well either.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Yes, that financial safety from RNZYS may be in the Protocol in case anyone wants to look it up. 

I still think that, given the financial S-Fights to the tune of $6M or more in NZ courts, that maybe ETNZ should have been a financially separate entity from all that ‘run the event’ org.

ETNZ/ACE's disagreement with MBIE over the correct cost-centre for the Class Rule development costs is not in the Court system. It is a mediation - the very purpose of which is to avoid Court action and reach a conclusion. It is a standard contractual process for speedy, and low-key dispute resolution between two parties. The parties pay the mediator costs and contract a suitable person directly. Most good mediators claim to always be able to negotiate a result acceptable to both parties.  And the amount in question is NZD3million (USD2.105) not six million.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Lickindip said:

Read the Deed. It is explicit. There is only ONE Defending Club.

Others have covered this point,  No second defender, capice!

Only a chance to assist the Defender, if they so choose.

2 hours ago, Indio said:

Do you have a problem with BLM protests???

Nope but I have a problem with racist cunts like you. 

want to throw around the black man with a gold chain=pimp slur again?  I could quote you directly if had forgotten what you said?

you want to fuck up another thread with race baiting?  then go start a new one. 

• Like 4
8 hours ago, Lickindip said:

Chris Dickson tried to setup a 2nd Defender syndicate for AC2000 to hold a Defender trial vs TNZ.

RNZYS said no.

Slow Ineos news day... but came across this podcast from UK based sports commentator Jake Humphrey interviewing Ben Ainslie about sailing and the AC... https://podcasts.apple.com/gb/podcast/the-high-performance-podcast/id1500444735#episodeGuid=a31a049e-d354-47d2-a9f8-41f489f629b2

alternative link for you non Apple types..

https://jakehumphreyhighperformance.libsyn.com/sir-ben-ainslie

Edited by ed__miller
Extra info
  • Like 1
8 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

Nope but I have a problem with racist cunts like you. 

want to throw around the black man with a gold chain=pimp slur again?  I could quote you directly if had forgotten what you said?

you want to fuck up another thread with race baiting?  then go start a new one. 

Do you ever see Indio and that other racist cunt Salty Sea Cock at the same time?

1 hour ago, enigmatically2 said:

You know what, even her looks are starting to grow on me, in the same way a stealth aircraft like the F-35 does. 

Great Video.....so thank you for posting

On GB1 there seems to be a small protrusion on the bottom of the hull running down the middle, in the front half of the boat. Does anyone have any idea why that was put there by the Designers. 

On 9/14/2020 at 12:22 PM, Lickindip said:

ok, I'm following you.

You should read the Lawson History of the America's Cup, written in 1902.  It covers the first 50 years of the AC, and many of the issues that were (ahem) debated then are very familiar today.  The first half of the book is a history of the AC, commissioned by Lawson and written by a different author.  The second half of the book was written by Lawson to document his beef with the NYYC.  I found the whole thing to be an interesting read.

Lawson was a rich guy with the Boston YC, and thought defending the Cup should be a national project and not confined to the NYYC.  He built a boat and tried to get it into the defender trials sailing for the Boston YC, but was not allowed.  It wasn't until he became an honorary member of the NYYC and his boat was sponsored by another NYYC member that his boat was allowed to participate in the defender trials.  It didn't do well, but had it won the trials, it would have defended on the part of the NYYC, not the BYC.

The whole Lawson affair pretty firmly established there is only one defending club and all prospective defenders have to go through, and defend on behalf of, the club that holds the Cup.

• Like 4
20 minutes ago, nav said:

desperation....

There seem to be some strange bulb things sprouting from ETNZ  foils on B1 

given the superiority of the original foils that they started with why are these bulbs appearing? 

Desperation...  (stupid isn’t it?) 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

Some nice details towards the end, speed of the track adjusting the main, evolution of the sails/deck sweeper etc 

also actually how sheltered the crew is too 

And yet my eye is only drawn to the blurred bits, and the multiplug on the gunwale.

Screenshot 2020-09-19 070724.png

• Like 3

Another edited, sanitized video from Ineos, not providing any info on how they're really going. That'll change when they launch in Akl and we get a proper look at them. The clean aero deck seems to be the main feature of this boat. Sunken jib track and what not. Looks to be very little separation between the twin skins of the main - at least at deck level. They don't seem to be cranking on the leech like ETNZ is, and very little discernible mast rake. 

9 hours ago, Basiliscus said:

You should read the Lawson History of the America's Cup, written in 1902.  It covers the first 50 years of the AC, and many of the issues that were (ahem) debated then are very familiar today.  The first half of the book is a history of the AC, commissioned by Lawson and written by a different author.  The second half of the book was written by Lawson to document his beef with the NYYC.  I found the whole thing to be an interesting read.

Lawson was a rich guy with the Boston YC, and thought defending the Cup should be a national project and not confined to the NYYC.  He built a boat and tried to get it into the defender trials sailing for the Boston YC, but was not allowed.  It wasn't until he became an honorary member of the NYYC and his boat was sponsored by another NYYC member that his boat was allowed to participate in the defender trials.  It didn't do well, but had it won the trials, it would have defended on the part of the NYYC, not the BYC.

The whole Lawson affair pretty firmly established there is only one defending club and all prospective defenders have to go through, and defend on behalf of, the club that holds the Cup.

Thank you for excellent and measured context in the face of Lickndip's repeated  Quixotic thrusts to gee up an issue where none exists.

2 hours ago, Horn Rock said:

Another edited, sanitized video from Ineos, not providing any info on how they're really going. That'll change when they launch in Akl and we get a proper look at them. The clean aero deck seems to be the main feature of this boat. Sunken jib track and what not. Looks to be very little separation between the twin skins of the main - at least at deck level. They don't seem to be cranking on the leech like ETNZ is, and very little discernible mast rake. 

Also, this is very old footage - The scenery is all Italian, so not recent. Might explain the music connection.......

1 hour ago, Boink said:

Also, this is very old footage - The scenery is all Italian, so not recent. Might explain the music connection.......

Fact check..it’s a mix of footage, from half way through  it’s all in the Solent after they came back from Sardinia until they packed up, we do have sun in the UK so I guess they confused you? 
the last shot? That’s from the first tow out vid when they Launched, in Portsmouth... 

its a sign off promo piece now that they are packed up that’s all.

@Horn Rock sanitised? Actually look at any vid put out by any of the teams. None of them have detail or insights that are picked up through unofficial footage 

show me a  official team vid that actually shows warts and all how they are going. It’s all released on the teams terms. Even the lord and saviour GD isn’t pumping out Unedited media with uncovered data feeds. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

@Horn Rock sanitised? Actually look at any vid put out by any of the teams. None of them have detail or insights that are picked up through unofficial footage 

show me a  official team vid that actually shows warts and all how they are going. It’s all released on the teams terms. Even the lord and saviour GD isn’t pumping out Unedited media with uncovered data feeds. 

Well, show me footage with blurred bits everywhere...like the spies don't see everything mega stabilized. Especially if it's old footage as you say.

I don't get it.

It’s boink saying it’s all old and only in Sardinia. 
its horn rock saying it’s sanitised non detailed puff piece... well yeah anything from any team is. 

AM and PRADA have blurred out displays in vids , ETNZ barely even put anything out

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

AM and PRADA have blurred out displays in vids , ETNZ barely even put anything out

I guess I'm used to seeing so much raw footage of ETNZ, and now AM, from Mike and those other sources, that when you see a promo piece it's all very ho hum. 

8 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

I guess I'm used to seeing so much raw footage of ETNZ, and now AM, from Mike and those other sources, that when you see a promo piece it's all very ho hum. 

I agree, I think with the amount of stuff being filmed in NZ it’s forgotten how little some teams actually put out. 

4 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

It’s boink saying it’s all old and only in Sardinia. 
its horn rock saying it’s sanitised non detailed puff piece... well yeah anything from any team is. 

Show me a blur in etnz vid. 

I can see blurring a display, but not the traveller. 

Anyway, there will be no escaping the eye of Mike when they arrive

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
23 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

I count 8 sailing view from etnz in 4 months, and 4 from ineos, 1 from AM, 8 from LR.

Searching on my phone, but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Looking at the vid feed on the Ineos Face book page and excluding the bike stuff there are 15 vids between July this year and now.. 

maybe it’s a regional/team bias thing, you find content or have content promoted/pushed to you by the algorithms from your chosen social media platform, 

5 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Looking at the vid feed on the Ineos Face book page and excluding the bike stuff there are 15 vids between July this year and now.. 

maybe it’s a regional/team bias thing, you find content or have content promoted/pushed to you by the algorithms from your chosen social media platform, 

True story, I do subscribe to LR and etnz and ineos. Not including the moving parts, the food vid, just YouTube.

Anyway, show me a blurred etnz vid.

11 minutes ago, barfy said:

True story, I do subscribe to LR and etnz and ineos. Not including the moving parts, the food vid, just YouTube.

Anyway, show me a blurred etnz vid.

I barely use you tube so if that’s Where they are or are not posting content that’s What formed my opinion

I said Prada And AM blurred stuff out, I didn’t say NZ did, only I had hardly seen anything of them, if it’s all on you tube then that’s why I hadn’t seen it. 

Ineos use specially developed screens viewable in strong sunlight with unusually high refresh rates for the data demands. These would be easily legible from drone POV's. If there are similar POV's of ETNZ showing data screens then it would be good to see.

50 minutes ago, chesirecat said:

Ineos use specially developed screens viewable in strong sunlight with unusually high refresh rates for the data demands. These would be easily legible from drone POV's. If there are similar POV's of ETNZ showing data screens then it would be good to see.

I thought the displays were tailored for polaroid glasses. Surely the data can't be digested faster than half the twitch rate of 60fps. Which is pretty normal refresh.

5 hours ago, barfy said:

Well, show me footage with blurred bits everywhere...like the spies don't see everything mega stabilized. Especially if it's old footage as you say.

I don't get it.

I don't think the spies see much that is visible from above given the rules prohibition on drones etc. 

They should stipulate in the rules that during the build and testing a live camera is attached to the back of all development boats with GPS speed tracking.

Be amazing to see how all the boat speed compares during development also watch the build process would be fascinating.  I suspect it would make the final races far more competitive. 

I'm sure there would be plenty of bloggers on youtube willing to pull together all the interesting sections. 

Most of the teams will have spies out there and they will know how fast the competitors are..

What a great build-up to the race..