• Replies 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

shes legit ... foil arm looks to be in the front end of the box ... opposite of all other teams ... what are we going to read into that?

ETNZ are probably favorites .....but win or lose....Team New Zealand have firmly established themselves as the all time great AC nation in the modern era.   From the time they first emerged, they have

Posted Images

On 9/29/2020 at 4:50 PM, Priscilla said:

AC75 trailer sailer.

The 75-foot race boat (code named RB2), that will race in the America’s Cup from January 2021, was helped onboard an Antonov cargo plane by the team’s uncompromising new prototype INEOS Grenadier 4x4, before being secured for take-off.

https://www.ineosteamuk.com/en/articles/292_RB2-heads-to-New-Zealand.html

m7733_crop169014_1024x576_proportional_16013087830D98.jpg.4439e7fe697a086ed2f4e00011875bf4.jpg

• On 9/29/2020 at 4:50 PM, Priscilla said:
    On 9/29/2020 at 3:49 PM, KiwiJoker said:

Now there is a PR setup shot if ever I saw one!

Now pull the other leg. I'll believe this when I see the vid.

AC75 trailer sailer.

The 75-foot race boat (code named RB2), that will race in the America’s Cup from January 2021, was helped onboard an Antonov cargo plane by the team’s uncompromising new prototype INEOS Grenadier 4x4, before being secured for take-off.

https://www.ineosteamuk.com/en/articles/292_RB2-heads-to-New-Zealand.html

Yeah/nah!

• Not disputing the ability of the 4WD truck to tow boat and trailer. Look closely. No evidence of tow bar or any other physical connection. It's a bloody publicity set-up!

• Action video - or "the help aboard" didn't happen

On 9/29/2020 at 9:46 PM, Schakel said:

At least the bow and the stern are different from boat # 1.
919838233_ineosRB2.jpeg.4f39f3fe70f6d0cc61d2280103e38aa4.jpeg
Anyone noticed boat No 1 didn't sail a single official match?
Training and testing is all it did.

None of the boats have had a single match..! All of the boats B1 training and testing. There have been no matches..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The level of intelligence in conversation never ceases to amaze me...

It's depressing to say it, but Ineos boat 2 might not be half as ugly. They hide a lot less than LR does with their packaging.  Looks like the while the topsides aft might not have much curvature, at least the aft sheer line tapers to a more LR/NZ shape.  The bow still looks like it's got the drop shape, but not as extremely. I guess we'll always have B1 to shit on fondly. 

5 minutes ago, weta27 said:

Not to dismiss the Grenadier's pulling power, but for for appearance's sake they should have at least removed the chocks in front of the trailer wheels!

Having a UK registration plate would be more impressive too ....

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, spennig said:

Having a UK registration plate would be more impressive too ....

Why as Radcliffe is no patriot the Grenadier will be built in France if at all and he now resides in Monaco for tax evasion/avoidance purposes.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-8698047/Ineos-Grenadier-certainly-built-France-not-Wales.html

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

Why Radcliffe is no patriot the Grenadier will be built in France if at all and he now resides in Monaco for tax evasion/avoidance  purposes.

https://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-8698047/Ineos-Grenadier-certainly-built-France-not-Wales.html

Excellent chance it is primarily for tax avoidance purposes in his case but I think there’s a larger issue, where many Brits are scrambling to get residence in Euro countries now, ahead of the rules changing when Brexit happens. 

Businesses too, with for example banks moving from London to Frankfurt. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Excellent chance it is primarily for tax avoidance purposes in his case but I think there’s a larger issue, where many Brits are scrambling to get residence in Euro countries now, ahead of the rules changing when Brexit happens. 

Isn't Radcliffe an ardent Brexiteer.

Appears more an Exiteer like Mr Dyson.

We have some cars labeled ‘Made in the USA’ here, final assembly may be true but it’s with most of their content by weight sourced from Mexico, Canada and Asia.

Probably the designs too! ... To bring it back to an AC-related context :) 

2 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

Agreed, but the AC was originally intended as a nation vs nation sailboat design competition! And there’s not much wrong with that idea :) 

I believe Oscar's quote was about using nationalism to justify one's beliefs. For instance, in my early days of international competition, I believed in our western technical supremacy over the Soviets. This seemed justified on meeting Soviet teams for the first time. Turning up on aged military trucks, their race boats looked like obsolescent examples one would see in a small club dinghy park. What  I didn't realise at the time and was quickly corrected on the water, was that they looked like that because they'd been used every available day, just pure hard practice doing the basics well. One vivid memory was a joy and education following one of their top FD's sailing back through a gusty offshore breeze in Kieler Woche. I got on well with the Soviet 470 teams over a few regattas, exchanging little badges whilst avoiding their political officer - not easy and the sailors would pay a heavy price if they saw us fraternizing. It was always fantastic being in a regatta with 30 or 40 nationalities represented. So much to learn and I've made friends all over the world for life.

• Like 8

Ironic that some of the critics of the grenadier shot defend the conjunction of the kiwi flag alongside the Emirates logo.

It's not unusual, look at F1 say ( and there almost all the cars are designed and built in UK whatever the flag of the team says)

• Like 1
21 hours ago, KiwiJoker said:
  • Yeah/nah!

• Not disputing the ability of the 4WD truck to tow boat and trailer. Look closely. No evidence of tow bar or any other physical connection. It's a bloody publicity set-up!

• Action video - or "the help aboard" didn't happen

There’s a bridle strop low down attached to each side if you zoom in closer. 

21 hours ago, terrafirma said:
On 9/29/2020 at 12:46 PM, Schakel said:

At least the bow and the stern are different from boat # 1.
 919838233_ineosRB2.jpeg.4f39f3fe70f6d0cc61d2280103e38aa4.jpeg
Anyone noticed boat No 1 didn't sail a single official match?
Training and testing is all it did.

None of the boats have had a single match..! All of the boats B1 training and testing. There have been no matches..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good to see Schakel is living up to his normal idiotic standards. :lol:

11 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

Just as well there isn’t a constructed in country rule for cars then... 

Well there’s that pesky 50% thing that the UK is about to find out about. 

• Like 2
13 hours ago, Stingray~ said:
13 hours ago, Priscilla said:

Why Radcliffe is no patriot the Grenadier will be built in France if at all and he now resides in Monaco for tax evasion/avoidance  purposes.

Businesses too, with for example banks moving from London to Frankfurt. 

The rats are deserting the sinking ship. 

7 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

aww not supporting your home team in protest? or just denouncing the evil empire that funds it?

Putting words into people’s mouths again I see. I’m vaguely curious about the AC from a technology point of view, fake patriotic fervour and flag waving.....not so much. A healthy dose of realism also means it’s unlikely they’ll win, it’ll be another expensive failed UK campaign, like all the others. 

48 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

you cant sell a car unless its built there?

start listing..

You will have up to 90% tax on the vehicle if you don't meet a certain percentage of local content. The percentage differs from country to country. So you might be allowed to sell your car, but you will not sell it. 

Vietnam and Philippines come to my mind, because that's part of my job, but there are others 

• Like 2

Probably not at the required photo quality for some yellow lines... but it def looks like a boat in front of a big plane. 

I can confirm that the pilots are drunk and are stumbling around the tarmac thought.     ;)

Antonov 2.jpg

• Like 8
1 hour ago, mad said:

Putting words into people’s mouths again I see. I’m vaguely curious about the AC from a technology point of view, fake patriotic fervour and flag waving.....not so much. A healthy dose of realism also means it’s unlikely they’ll win, it’ll be another expensive failed UK campaign, like all the others. 

No words were put anywhere, I asked two questions, hence the use of ? 

given your self confessed vaguely curious nature and disdain for Sir Jim and the campaign I am rather curious what you are here for? 

3 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

No words were put anywhere, I asked two questions, hence the use of ? 

given your self confessed vaguely curious nature and disdain for Sir Jim and the campaign I am rather curious what you are here for? 

The technology point of view, as stated above..........and to see just how much cash they can burn through. ;)

9 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

Where did you get that picture of my ex anyway?

Her and the co-pilot had just been checking out Ineos B2. I asked her what did you think of the boat? She sent me the pic......

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mad said:

The technology point of view, as stated above..........and to see just how much cash they can burn through. ;)

Developing boats only as concept, costing round 100 mln.
Good to see you again in this pissing contest..

4 hours ago, mad said:

I am having my eyes on this one.
https://www.hoekbrokerage.com/yachts-for-sale/nerida/
Port will be Newlyn.

There is only one problem:
She is in Marmaris Turkey.
We used to sail together without too many words, or are you totally deformed by the pissing contest?

3 hours ago, Horn Rock said:

Her and the co-pilot had just been checking out Ineos B2. I asked her what did you think of the boat? She sent me the pic......

Thanks for the explanation.

At first glance I simply assumed it was out-of-quarantine and on-the-loose Nanny! 

• Like 3
7 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

How long to get from arrival to ready to sail. Anyone know how long it took AM? I guess Ineos might take a little longer because AM had sailed before whereas this will be Ineos B2's first time in the water

two ish weeks

3 hours ago, Schakel said:

I am having my eyes on this one.
https://www.hoekbrokerage.com/yachts-for-sale/nerida/
Port will be Newlyn.

There is only one problem:
She is in Marmaris Turkey.
We used to sail together without too many words, or are you totally deformed by the pissing contest?

something different than the Beneteau you were talking about a little while ago...

9 minutes ago, daan62 said:

something different than the Beneteau you were talking about a little while ago...

Too much med. A hedonic surrounding gives me a turn of.
I like the gauloise, sea scouting for everyone spirit.

But what to think of the within days shown britannia?
if only  she is half as good as the Ineos mercedes formula 1 is good enough.

If they keep Jim Ratcliffe they win the cup next campaign or even this one.
The cup in Portsmouth, now wouldn't that be terrific and a huge boost to the sport?

2 minutes ago, Lickindip said:

don't hold your breath on that, look at where the Foil arm attachment is compared to the topside scoop

Agreed, and it also looks like this hull still has the ‘disturbing’ topside fwd bow batboat curvature... yikes! 

Will there be a show of the boats of the competitors.
I know Alinghi did that. A keel show.
yysw291105.jpg.0bce090df8fea26d5513a5319ec5e33c.jpg

43 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

Agreed, and it also looks like this hull still has the ‘disturbing’ topside fwd bow batboat curvature... yikes! 

Don’t worry petal some of their other features are about to land on Patriot.. 

2 hours ago, Priscilla said:

Crikey that Grenadier must be struggling to pull the skin off a rice pudding if a few 1.5hp humans can manoeuvre  Rita II around by hand.

8BA2B39D-E048-46C9-870C-9AFEDA0EAA6D.thumb.jpeg.c8b1a466ec6dcb5f49923c40ae4176ad.jpeg

Maybe the hull is an empty shell, with a lot of gear still to install? 

Nice facility they have there, it could be an advantage over AM and LR over the longer run too. 

Just now, JALhazmat said:

Nope, your gonna have to put up with high sided cockpit areas and sunken deck around the mast base. Bits of Rita design will appear on it 

Yes, it appears to be the case. Fugly deck again but looks is not what will matter performance-wise.  

10 hours ago, D_Dog said:

Probably not at the required photo quality for some yellow lines... but it def looks like a boat in front of a big plane. 

I can confirm that the pilots are drunk and are stumbling around the tarmac thought.     ;)

Antonov 2.jpg

A friend used to fly frequently with the old Aeroflot and noted pilots taking a good swig of vodka before the flight. He said often the pilots were ex-military used to landing on carriers and applied the same techniques to their aging passenger craft, namely dropping (more plummeting he said) the last 10,000 ft  and slamming the thing on the tarmac.

On a more relevant note was the boat the only load and if so where are the container loads of stuff they need and support boats.