Now that is a good question.

Frackers

Baby Bombers

NYYC say no more apart from Balzac who said where there is a pile of loot there is a crime.

Prada smells the freshest but Asian sweat shops don’t.

Maybe Stars & Stripes will rise like Lazarus and save the moral day.

• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

shes legit ... foil arm looks to be in the front end of the box ... opposite of all other teams ... what are we going to read into that?

ETNZ are probably favorites .....but win or lose....Team New Zealand have firmly established themselves as the all time great AC nation in the modern era.   From the time they first emerged, they have

Posted Images

4 hours ago, schakel488 said:

Amercain Magic's name is inspired from Kiwi magic.
771449027_KiwiMagicKZ7.thumb.jpg.bdb271167b524f132dffb9b83d0142ec.jpg
A beautifull 12 meter that was somewhat succesfull but never won the cup.
kz-7.jpg.5c432914831e69fceefd20cbe5ac4210.jpg
Hope Americain Magic will have the same destiny.

Sorry but American Magic is named Magic after the first Defender. She won. In 1870.

Kiwis were a century late and a bit short.

https://americanmagic.americascup.com/en/about

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Sorry but American Magic is named Magic after the first Defender. She won. In 1870.

Kiwis were a century late and a bit short.

https://americanmagic.americascup.com/en/about

In recent cup memory, who forgot a schooner from 1870 and who did not forget Kiwi magic?
Almost everybody.

Just now, schakel488 said:

In recent cup memory, who recalls a schooner from 1870 and who did not forget Kiwi magic?
Almost everybody.

People in USA recall because the NYYC challenger was announced pretty recently...

Plus winners are often remembered. 

8 hours ago, Priscilla said:

Sorry Salty you have confused me with somebody else.

I come from a long line of mad Irish bombers that renounced Christ after spending their first decade in the Maze.

Hows that Te Aihe calf coming along must be putting on weight by now.

That's deep and revealing. You're too complex for my man mind. I'm only capable of the classic taunts. Niche is not for me. 

But hey, at least you like drinking.

1 hour ago, NeedAClew said:

People in USA recall because the NYYC challenger was announced pretty recently...

Plus winners are often remembered. 

I knew it and I'm a kiwi. The very reason Kiwi Magic was named so was to poke a stick in Dennis's ribs. 

Dennis was a very funny bloke back then. Chris Dixon was a meek and mild and Denise was a proper aggressor. He makes Jimmy Spitball look like a nancy boy. Denise is a proper gentleman now and a beautiful human being. It was always in there, he just needed some years to pass for it to shine through.

KZ7 does have beautiful lines but, compared to a J Class though, it's a plastic pig.

So looking forward to seeing the J's in Auckland.

As for being remembered; all sailing kiwis will remember KZ7 long after others are forgotten. It was the birth of realisation for us. It was our AC Genesis. 

Thanks Peter, you'll be remembered, Dalts too. 

• Like 3

Announcement of a Team Ineos member that celebrates his 42th anniversary.
Joey Newton, (sounds like a elementary physic law don't you think.)
Wiki Joey Newton
Interview:

Ineos interview
He did 7 America's cup campaigns, its very addictive, he said.
Won two times, with Oracle in 2010 and 2017.
Championships in ISAF Open match racing 2005 winner
RC 44 winner 2010

11 hours ago, Rennmaus said:

Is there any "clean" money (not "Clean" money, mind you!) in the AC right now? Honest question.

Even NZ gov monies are tainted from cozying up to the Chinese if you really want to be discerning.

• Like 1
17 hours ago, barfy said:

Even NZ gov monies are tainted from cozying up to the Chinese if you really want to be discerning.

That becomes capillary, but yes, seen this way no money is ever "clean".

Rather obvious is that most of the AC money, past, present and probably future, is dirty by varying degrees. So, who is going to cast the first stone?

1 hour ago, Rennmaus said:

That becomes capillary, but yes, seen this way no money is ever "clean".

Rather obvious is that most of the AC money, past, present and probably future, is dirty by varying degrees. So, who is going to cast the first stone?

Pecunia non olet is the expression in latin.
Pecunia_non_olet wiki
I know all the financers in the cup since Ernesto Bertarelli by name and actions.
Was it wrong they financed this?
Hi Rennmaus, long time no see, I was involved.
6E7DBE23-F5A9-4333-82F5-9D17100A0CF7.thumb.jpeg.4a86e01452bf8a4d4cf7e1ed8f569c00.jpeg.9c17199547085de3cc7e68eead211aa6.jpeg

• Like 1

Discussion in the previous thread about further INEOS purchases and partnerships (around the time first SailGP rumours started), one of which was described as being relevant to sailing ...

F1 link up announced today... although a partnership not a purchase. https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/news/2019/11/mercedes-performance-partnership-ineos-sailing-cycling-teams/?fbclid=IwAR37ik5DgIN6srDkA0anDqxF-S4TwqoXsWe-4Cwskmh8agwydRBC-SOxXWM

9 minutes ago, Mozzy Sails said:

Discussion in the previous thread about further INEOS purchases and partnerships (around the time first SailGP rumours started), one of which was described as being relevant to sailing ...

F1 link up announced today... although a partnership not a purchase. https://www.mercedesamgf1.com/en/news/2019/11/mercedes-performance-partnership-ineos-sailing-cycling-teams/?fbclid=IwAR37ik5DgIN6srDkA0anDqxF-S4TwqoXsWe-4Cwskmh8agwydRBC-SOxXWM

This the photo belonging to the above video.
Is there a scent of megalomania in how they present themselves?
Intimidation but I like it.
ineos.thumb.jpg.7e11e54e5ac1bc28bbac8f37d7ed2eb7.jpg

3 hours ago, Mozzy Sails said:

Well I guys there will be a few extra Mercedes  suvs driving around Auckland in 2020 :D

4 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Or it’s not actually Dylan.. but hey never worry about the facts 

Sorry, should have made it clearer I was asking who it was, any ideas?

31 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

that might be the worlds most cringeworthy sailing photo

let's take two great athletes and make them look like civil servants

It's almost as cringeworthy as Ben Ainslie turning up at the Sail GP simulator looking like he's off for a weekend of grouse shooting...

lolz

I sent around a memo to the team PRs when I was running media for the WMRT a few years ago.  It was titled   "Are You Cold?  No?  Then Uncross Your Arms Please."  I then included a bunch of 'I'm so mean with my folded arms pics' that they had used over the previous few months, alongside pics of the least cool people I could find crossing their arms to look mean.  Think Doogie Howser, weird al yankovic, bill cosby, etc.

It worked...but clearly not for long. Taylor was there as were probably half the SGP crews.

• Like 1

Yeeeaaah.

As if any of these guys on either side of the camera are standing there thinking of the obviously impactful "WWCD" (what would clean do) memo.

[publicly available, non-personal image removed while awaiting answer]

"Are you being held at gunpoint? No? Then put your arms down please."

(Sponsored by Doogie Howser Jiu-Jitsu, 1985)

8 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

Yeeeaaah.

As if any of these guys on either side of the camera are standing there thinking of the obviously impactful "WWCD" (what would clean do) memo.

hqdefault.jpg

"Are you being held at gunpoint? No? Then put your arms down please."

(Sponsored by Doogie Howser Jiu-Jitsu, 1985)

Does your post above allow me to post pictures of your business?

• Like 1

No. That image is easily found via a "Mr. Clean Sailing Anarchy" search. So I don't believe it's crossing any lines. That said, if you'd like me to delete it, I'm happy to. Just let me know.

3 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Does your post above allow me to post pictures of your business?

Be aware, they are under inpeachment. A bit crazy but still Ok.
A peach is a good person but under transformation.
peach.PNG.f9ae940582e78360698ad03fe1c66d66.PNG

3 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Well, @smackdaddy says he has worked for TNZ (or was it ETNZ by then) so he's been biting the hand that once fed him, looking at his remarks about Te Aihe this Cup cycle.

Shit, 2002? Did you meet RC then? 

Unfortunately no. It was stateside work. But it was pretty cool.

1 minute ago, NeedAClew said:

Hey @Mr. CLEAN that's not a bad picture. You do look like your avatar.

I actually don't look like mine (hangs head in sorrow).

Im a lot greyer these days, plus 10 pounds, and plus 3 inches in beard length, but otherwise nothing ever changes. basketball league starts up again on the 4th so I'll drop those ten quick insh'allah

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Im a lot greyer these days, plus 10 pounds, and plus 3 inches in beard length, but otherwise nothing ever changes. basketball league starts up again on the 4th so I'll drop those ten quick insh'allah

Senior aren't you. How could I have guessed.
I have an interesting thread for you dear mr. Clean.
https://www.boatdesign.net/threads/soft-wing-sails-in-americas-cup-2021.63216/?fbclid=IwAR2qYAMGzW3z5i_9GvgstEJS_78jpwqjw8-LkqKxF2L8309hJqMBmQ0s1ZI

2 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Might watch that beard length. Fine line between good beard and ZZ Top...

I have no doubt that in your current line of work (along with the info you can access here) you can find all kinds of PID on virtually anyone you want to, Clean. The question is, why would you?

Clew - you got me. The secret is out. I have a mullet.

5 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

Might watch that beard length. Fine line between good beard and ZZ Top...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ae829mFAGGE

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

I have no doubt that in your current line of work you can find all kinds of PID on virtually anyone you want to, Clean. The question is, why would you?

I've been tracking down people since i worked in collections when i was 19.  I've always loved that 'a-ha' moment when you discover something that was purposefully concealed. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I've been tracking down people since i worked in collections when i was 19.  I've always loved that 'a-ha' moment when you discover something that was purposefully concealed. 

Well, like I said, I've not crossed any of those lines with you (or anyone else). I hassle you, sure. But that's obviously mutual - and it's SA after all.

1 minute ago, NeedAClew said:

Noooooo.....

You're not one of those Lord of the Rings people are you? 

Ha.  Here's what my daughter thinks I looked like this morning, apparently standing next to a lava-filled volcano.

IMG_1713.jpg

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

Well, like I said, I've not crossed any of those lines with you (or anyone else). I hassle you, sure. But that's obviously mutual - and it's SA after all.

I don't think you've crossed any lines with me.  If I did, you'd already have been banned or served. 

Truth is we'd probably enjoy a night on the piss or on a boat a lot no matter how much I dislike and disrespect the persona you adopt when you think you are anonymous.  Anonymity makes a certain portion of the population act like they are no longer human.  Anonymity encourages the timid to act out in ways they would never have the courage to otherwise.

• Like 3
23 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

I don't think you've crossed any lines with me.  We'd probably enjoy a night on the piss or on a boat a lot no matter how much I dislike and disrespect the persona you adopt when you think you are anonymous.  Anonymity makes a certain portion of the population act like they are no longer human.  Anonymity encourages the timid to act out in ways they would never have the courage to otherwise.

Well, as my forum history definitely shows, some people hate "Smackdaddy" some people love "Smackdaddy". As you know, it's just the way it is with opinionated blowhards on forums who don't care much about what other people think. As long as the right people hate me, I'm okay with that. There are lots of people here that know me IRL. And they are okay with the schtick.

I do have to say that the "racist, shitty parent" thing was definitely over the line. Beyond that, I guarantee we'd have a blast over some beers. And I have no doubt I could learn a few things from you under sail. Even so, I fully reserve the right to hassle you.

13 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

Even so, I fully reserve the right to hassle you.

As do I.  And I might even take you out for that beer next October if I can get my family's shit together for the big event your town has at that time of year.  

Don't mind me and Jeffie.  We have some history and I'm just trying to get his racist ass pumped up so he agrees to my charity boxing challenge.

1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Ha.  Here's what my daughter thinks I looked like this morning, apparently standing next to a lava-filled volcano.

IMG_1713.jpg

Ha. So cute.

On 12/20/2019 at 11:06 AM, MR.CLEAN said:

I don't think you've crossed any lines with me.  If I did, you'd already have been banned or served. 

Truth is we'd probably enjoy a night on the piss or on a boat a lot no matter how much I dislike and disrespect the persona you adopt when you think you are anonymous.  Anonymity makes a certain portion of the population act like they are no longer human.  Anonymity encourages the timid to act out in ways they would never have the courage to otherwise.

Anonymity gives them balls!!

4 hours ago, Indio said:

All anonymous posters on an anonymous forum.

FIFY, 

Not all posters feel the need to avoid identification.  There are some of us willing to take our chances and post with our real names or otherwise be open as to who we are.

• Like 1
On 12/22/2019 at 9:20 AM, Priscilla said:

Yup ,Smack sure did rattle those TNZ pots and pans in 2002 more a case of feeding hands not biting.

where is his sandwich board with

"  the end is nigh  "

written on it

New video presentation of what will be happening in Gagliari, Sardinia.

• Like 2

@madAre you one of ours or just freaking mad?

5 minutes ago, Schakel said:

@madAre you one of ours or just freaking mad?

Oh look!! My little mentally challenged stalker is back.  

Why the hard on for me all of a sudden. 

Let’s have a reminder of some of your more recent incoherent ramblings from the S2H thread. :lol:

On 12/26/2019 at 9:40 PM, Schakel said: 

@ mad,

You are so an incredible asshole, your own mother wouldn't recognise  you after I raped you.
He is an aquitantance of mine: served in the same student society, He didn't make it. Thet's why he's so frustrated.

On 12/26/2019 at 10:48 PM, Schakel said: 

Why Bother,

It's just a game,

I know who you are. Allard.

It's full  of  aggresion

Not the nicest thing to do,
You do not, And I repeat, You do not, whish to be where the criminals are.
You are not, They are,  Criminolagist ,, report from own county are good.
Deal with it.

I 'll send you own  e- Mail

On 12/26/2019 at 11:19 PM, Schakel said: 

Didn't make it, do not bother
Because he was too lazy and too  stupid for high ingtellgent life , Do You want to  visit Mad?
I have  photographs of him.
Don't do you do like "Master of alle Puppets" because he is a retard.

Do you want me to send me some photo's in a very backed warded joint where here frenquelty joins in?

So I went back to have a look at a couple of the recent postings from my new stalker........ I’d missed a lot of these little gems

13 minutes ago, mad said:

Oh look!! My little mentally challenged stalker is back.  

Why the hard on for me all of a sudden. 

WHAT ON EARTH DO YOU HAVE TO OFFER.
LIKE NOTHING?

1 minute ago, mad said:

Why do keep pursuing me and humping my leg then? 

It's becaUSE YOU ARE SUCH RETARD.

YOU NOT UNDERSDTAND DO YOU?

Just now, Schakel said:

It's becaUSE YOU ARE SUCH RETARD.

YOU NOT UNDERSDTAND DO YOU?

YOU DON'T BELONG HERE.

28 minutes ago, mad said:

Why do keep pursuing me and humping my leg then? 

Do not go too farr, And crossed that line too many times.
Get away, I know you personally, Its you not, in this.
Gett a life, this is not bull shit

36 minutes ago, mad said:

Let’s have a reminder of some of your more recent incoherent ramblings from the S2H thread. :lol:

Didn't he ramble.....