3 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

Was.. now just the unsubstantiated dribble of a prick.

I could tell you as I see it as could millions of others but without proof it’s dribble.. 

Crikey, you are a grumpy Englander, are you from Yorkshire? 

Magnus is pretty well connected, yes it's a blog, yes it's maybe overstated. But. He is better connected to the inside team than me, you and lots of others on here...

Interesting to read Julian Everitts take on the designs too, her rates the kiwis, with Luna Rosa closest. 

The boat builders I know that build foilers  from moths to cats, rate the kiwis and we are all rooting for Ben to pull off the race of the century.... these guys know way more than me...

• Like 3
  • Replies 10.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

shes legit ... foil arm looks to be in the front end of the box ... opposite of all other teams ... what are we going to read into that?

ETNZ are probably favorites .....but win or lose....Team New Zealand have firmly established themselves as the all time great AC nation in the modern era.   From the time they first emerged, they have

And so it begins. Image credit and copyright Allesandro Spiga  

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Tbird333 said:

Wish there was a way to make some kind of speed determination...like maybe a contest or race

No need, Winchfodder has his ghoulies plugged into the Team Brexit and the Middle East Team mainframes and can make direct comparisons. Races now not needed.  I have been using old 8mm film to compare the frame rates with modern cameras and I can tell you now that modern cameras can record more frames.  Have no idea about yacht speeds though. 

9 minutes ago, MastaVonBlasta said:

America's Cup 2021: INEOS Team UK's boat problem revealed as syndicate hits back at British pundit's brutal analysis

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/americas-cup-2021-ineos-team-uks-boat-problem-revealed-as-syndicate-hits-back-at-british-pundits-brutal-analysis/W6UMIYB4UTCBA7OB3TQR45UXTY/

I love how Team Brexit hit back.  The press at its very best!  Did team Brexit even know about the bloggers post?

9 minutes ago, MastaVonBlasta said:

America's Cup 2021: INEOS Team UK's boat problem revealed as syndicate hits back at British pundit's brutal analysis

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/americas-cup-2021-ineos-team-uks-boat-problem-revealed-as-syndicate-hits-back-at-british-pundits-brutal-analysis/W6UMIYB4UTCBA7OB3TQR45UXTY/

Brilliant, the shitslinging has only just begun.:P

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, turtle recall said:

Crikey, you are a grumpy Englander, are you from Yorkshire? 

Magnus is pretty well connected, yes it's a blog, yes it's maybe overstated. But. He is better connected to the inside team than me, you and lots of others on here...

Interesting to read Julian Everitts take on the designs too, here rates the kiwis, with Luna Rosa closest. 

The boat builders I know that build toilets, rate the kiwis and we are all rooting for Ben to pull off the race of the century.... these guys know way more than me...

Magnus is a blogger who counts frame rates like the rest of us.  My dog is better connected and only today I posted a letter in the Gold post box in Lymington. I am better connected than Magnus. I will let the NZH know who I am.

37 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

^ This chap sounds like the love child of Maguah and the arrogant know-it-all that has been banned a couple of weeks ago (I forgot the name). 

Unrelated, but where’s Bob Fisher?

On 12/11/2020 at 11:49 AM, JALhazmat said:

Given that the team that he thinks are at each other’s throats and at their wits end were  having a kick about with Dan Carter two days ago I think he might be overstepping his journalistic instincts.. 

Fuck! They're so out of their depth they don't know what sport they're involved in? Dark days...

3 hours ago, MastaVonBlasta said:

Pundit: Your boat is shit.

ITUK: That statement is full of inaccuracies.

What a stellar denial by the team... Not!

33 minutes ago, Nutta said:

I don't think it mattered what they said, they were still on a hiding to nothing. 

4 hours ago, dullers said:

Magnus is a blogger who counts frame rates like the rest of us.  My dog is better connected and only today I posted a letter in the Gold post box in Lymington. I am better connected than Magnus. I will let the NZH know who I am.

You are a disruptive fuck-wit and your pathetic attempts at barbed speech come across like old dried turds. Don't think we'll see you here much longer.

• Like 2
10 hours ago, zenmasterfred said:

Just hoping for some competitive races although won't be seeing them on TV here in America as the NBC cunts are going for major rip off pricing.

The information I've seen doesn't show that streaming will be geo-blocked there.

1 hour ago, nroose said:

https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/americas-cup

Coverage will be $175????? Fuck.

Here's another way of looking at it:  

That's a bit less than one day afloat viewing here. And it's before air fares, hotels, and the mandatory 14 days quarantine.  Assuming that is that we even let you enter the country.

On the plus side you'll see more, close up. There will be expert commentary scattered amongst the blather. And you'll have your choice of free drinks.

6 minutes ago, KiwiJoker said:

Here's another way of looking at it:  

That's a bit less than one day afloat viewing here. And it's before air fares, hotels, and the mandatory 14 days quarantine.  Assuming that is that we even let you enter the country.

On the plus side you'll see more, close up. There will be expert commentary scattered amongst the blather. And you'll have your choice of free drinks.

Considering what my Kiwi brother-in-law and I can drink when we get together, $175 sounds like a bargain!

6 hours ago, KiwiJoker said:

You are a disruptive fuck-wit and your pathetic attempts at barbed speech come across like old dried turds. Don't think we'll see you here much longer.

And i also used not one swear word!!

11 hours ago, Nutta said:

New Zealand paper quotes blogger........

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Nutta said:

Strange, a few weeks ago when NZ herald were printing stuff about team NZ dodgy dealings we were told that NZH were nowadays a  rag full of rubbish and noone believed anything they wrote. Now when they print something bad about GB it's all accurate and factually based?

• Like 7
3 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

Strange, a few weeks ago when NZ herald were printing stuff about team NZ dodgy dealings we were told that NZH were nowadays a  rag full of rubbish and noone believed anything they wrote. Now when they print something bad about GB it's all accurate and factually based?

Well that original statement was half true. The Herald was a piece of garbage then and is now.

I think ETNZ will be positively lethal, but all the reach arounds and blow jobs the Herald are giving them is pretty fucking cringe worthy.

• Like 3
On 12/11/2020 at 3:57 PM, winchfodder said:

Perfect Magnus!

Sadly I feel he is right on the money (and of course the old chestnut that Oracle possibly found a way of automating their foiling in SF without the measurer checking - maybe he will call out TE on that one tonight) so it is a question now on who goes home first at the beginning of February and whether their "owners" will be sending the circus home straight away (even if the extended travelling baggage complain about taking their children out of school!)

"Sadly I feel he is right on the money" As sad when team Middle East lost after being 8-1 ahead or a different kind of sad?

4 hours ago, enigmatically2 said:

Where has any Kiwi declared the NZH rubbish item about Ineos to be "all accurate and factually based", you muppet?!! People post all sorts of AC news from various publications, and it's up to the readers to make up their own minds.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, dullers said:

"Sadly I feel he is right on the money" As sad when team Middle East lost after being 8-1 ahead or a different kind of sad?

When has a UK AC team been 8-1 up in 160+ years of America's Cup history??

12 minutes ago, Ex-yachtie said:

Oh shit. Well I guess that’s it then. ETNZ may as well give them the cup. Tony says. 

Someone should remind Tony that even the worlds leading F1 team can fuck up and put a mixed set of tires on two different cars (against the rules), do two extra pit stops when it counts and pooch a perfect strategy when you led all day - that is why we race. Oh , Ineos all but had the entire team drop out of the Tour De France so money can't always buy the win....

35 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

A couple of interesting racing heli footage bits in there:

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 7.36.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2020-12-13 at 7.40.58 AM.png

That's the reason Ineos didn't participate and AM cottoned on after. 4k ariel close up footage of the competition distributed to all the teams.They use some really nice lenses.

23 minutes ago, chesirecat said:

That's the reason Ineos didn't participate and AM cottoned on after. 4k ariel close up footage of the competition distributed to all the teams.They use some really nice lenses.

What difference will the time interval before the compulsory races next week make?

Ben Ainslie is out of INEOS and been replaced by a guy called Smith. He left after the blogs posted in the Naughty Zealand Heckler got to him.   I just wanted to post this  before Four Skin and Wine fodder get hold of it.

Screenshot (1698).png

• Like 1
1 hour ago, WakaNZ said:

Posted on FB concerning the state of Ineos. 

BCBCA5B4-5296-4E96-856B-9AC10E3197EB.jpeg

My guess is the first one will be a glove box and the second a car horn?

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, dullers said:

Ben Ainslie is out of INEOS and been replaced by a guy called Smith. He left after the blogs posted in the Naughty Zealand Heckler got to him.   I just wanted to post this  before Four Skin and Wine fodder get hold of it.

Screenshot (1698).png

Yep, fair enough too! The guy doesn't even know whether his name is Ben Ainslie, Smith or Henri Lloyd lol

10 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

You mean the short run? because thats what its gonna be.

Well if it was a short run we would be winning it.........Long run is the other way.

1 hour ago, WakaNZ said:

Posted on FB concerning the state of Ineos. 

BCBCA5B4-5296-4E96-856B-9AC10E3197EB.jpeg

Interesting. Max Sirena talked about mods to the boat that will be implemented for the Prada Cup, and that will be clearly visible. Every competitor will make huge changes to their boat, the show is just beginning.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, XPRO said:

Someone should remind Tony that even the worlds leading F1 team can fuck up and put a mixed set of tires on two different cars (against the rules), do two extra pit stops when it counts and pooch a perfect strategy when you led all day - that is why we race. Oh , Ineos all but had the entire team drop out of the Tour De France so money can't always buy the win....

Team Middle East dropped out of the final in San Francisco, but am not sure what past stuff ups have to do with present day sailing issues.  The Kiwis learnt from that and applied it in Bermuda. Most success is built on past failures.  Money cant always get you the win but try winning with out it.

13 hours ago, zillafreak said:

And where might that be?

I also thought/hoped it would be on YouTube -
"Every matches and racing of the 36th America’s Cup presented by Prada will be streamed live on Youtube, Facebook and americascup.com in almost every country around the world. "

https://www.americascup.com/watch-on-screens

Crap - are they doing that thing where 'almost every country around the world' doesn't include the ones that actually care?

30 minutes ago, dullers said:

Team Middle East dropped out of the final in San Francisco, but am not sure what past stuff ups have to do with present day sailing issues.  The Kiwis learnt from that and applied it in Bermuda. Most success is built on past failures.  Money cant always get you the win but try winning with out it.

Funny,  I could of sworn there was a team with emerati sponsorship hosting? 

26 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Funny,  I could of sworn there was a team with emerati sponsorship hosting? 

It is part of the middle east appeal that they supposedly do it for a fiver.

9 hours ago, dullers said:

New Zealand paper quotes blogger........

NZ Herald - It's a glorified women's magazine with no journalistic qualities or features whatsoever.

That said, was more the fact that a UK blogger ran something nasty up the flagpole, and the response was to salute it rather than tear it down...

5 minutes ago, Nutta said:

NZ Herald - It's a glorified women's magazine with no journalistic qualities or features whatsoever.

That said, was more the fact that a UK blogger ran something nasty up the flagpole, and the response was to salute it rather than tear it down...

So if i write a blog on team Middle East will they print that?  I will say things like....ahhh cant bring myself to say anything nasty about the Kiwis.

1 minute ago, dullers said:

So if i write a blog on team Middle East will they print that?  I will say things like....ahhh cant bring myself to say anything nasty about the Kiwis.

What colour is the sky in your world?

23 hours ago, chesirecat said:

Which brings to mind a Lymington pub where he got his "sources".  Like if you wanted your boat to be fast or slow

RLYC maybe or the Town club?

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

Not forgetting Bembridge rocks, since he was drunk when the lifeboat arrived there by all stories

Jubblies closed forever yesterday. The Hight Street will never be the same again.

On 12/11/2020 at 10:56 PM, Rennmaus said:

^ This chap sounds like the love child of Maguah and the arrogant know-it-all that has been banned a couple of weeks ago (I forgot the name). 

Edit: smackdaddy was the name. 

I have yet to be banned.

On 12/10/2020 at 8:40 PM, Indio said:

Ouch!! You really know how to shatter a man's fragile ego!!

Us Brits have over 100 years of pain to deal with.  We have come out the other side. Don't see us winning it this time either but I still have no real idea how good each boat is.  I think the Christmas regatta will show us nothing. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, minimumfuss said:

Righto. That's brilliant attach mods then don't practice with them prior to the regatta starting. 

It doesn't say that. It says one is being fitted now, the other before challenger series. Could be 2 weeks of practice before first challenger race. Look how fast NZ were out of the blocks with a whole new boat thanks to simulators.

Maybe nowadays all this practise sailing is just confirming (or otherwise) the simulations?

New foils? New mainsail arrangement? Guess we'll see the first soon

1 minute ago, enigmatically2 said:

It doesn't say that. It says one is being fitted now, the other before challenger series. Could be 2 weeks of practice before first challenger race. Look how fast NZ were out of the blocks with a whole new boat thanks to simulators.

Maybe nowadays all this practise sailing is just confirming (or otherwise) the simulations?

New foils? New mainsail arrangement? Guess we'll see the first soon

What reliable source is the 2 mods from?

Just now, enigmatically2 said:

Just that FB quote. I have no idea how reliable it is. Just speculating

Ok. I suspect all the boats are getting modded all the time. Maybe its true in a sort of it applies to all 4 teams.

1 minute ago, kiwi39 said:

If it's a FB quote you can take that to the bank. 

Everything from FB is totally real.

A few of the Kiwis on here are taking it to the bank.  Not all though.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, dullers said:

A few of the Kiwis on here are taking it to the bank.  Not all though.

I can tell you who wont be taking it to the bank .. and thats ETNZ ... they've all been there done that .. once bitten twice bitten. 

and you can take that to the bank 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, kiwi39 said:

I can tell you who wont be taking it to the bank .. and thats ETNZ ... they've all been there done that .. once bitten twice bitten. 

and you can take that to the bank 

I have a Brit bias but I cannot tell you who has the best boat. They all look goods and apart from Prada and NZ we have no idea how they compare. We cant even compare those 2 boats as they had different sail set ups.  I see no advantage to the Challengers in giving them race practice and I think Prada was sailing to not actually race.