2 hours ago, RobG said:

It was only a yellow card, the next one will be a DSQ. I think allowing a non–compliant feature on the basis that the measurers missed it is fraught.

As far as AC shenanigans goes, this one was pretty tame (and LR was actually right).

Is that like allowing “Herbie” because the measurement committee  missed it?  (Sorry couldn’t resist) 

• Like 2
  • Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

shes legit ... foil arm looks to be in the front end of the box ... opposite of all other teams ... what are we going to read into that?

ETNZ are probably favorites .....but win or lose....Team New Zealand have firmly established themselves as the all time great AC nation in the modern era.   From the time they first emerged, they have

And so it begins. Image credit and copyright Allesandro Spiga  

Posted Images

10 hours ago, pusslicker said:

Also the ego thing we see on here from Clarkey and his type is bullshit and just projection from the delicate Kiwi ego. He won the motherfucker twice then lost and moved on. You'd could tell by his effort and lack of presence in the Bermuda cup that his interests were waning. 

When he failed to tie ETNZ into Coutt's new cup vision with the other teams (and they went on to mash him) he lost interest and in pique set up his rival SailGP anyway because he could.

6 hours ago, Sea Breeze 74 said:

https://www.livesaildie.com/emirates-team-new-zealand-line-up-new-challenger-of-record/

Emirates Team New Zealand line up New Challenger of Record

Breaking news from the America’s Cup on the eve of the Prada Cup Final, Emirates Team New Zealand have made an agreement with one of the teams in the event of a successful defence of the Auld Mug. It is no secret that they have fallen out of love with the Italian challengers, Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli, and with American Magic signalling their desire to go back to displacement boats, Sir Ben Ainslie and INEOS Team UK have stepped up as the next Challenger of Record.

This is not confirmed and nor will it be confirmed by ETNZ because of the obvious risk that any pre-agreement to accept a Challenge before the current event is decided might run foul of the Deed:

"And when a challenge from a Club fulfilling all the conditions required by this instrument has been
received, no other challenge can be considered until the pending event has been decided."

• Like 1
1 hour ago, An Interested Non-Sailor said:

I never asked for your sympathy but you comment certainly shows the type of person you are!

He's the kinda fucking Muppet that is best ignored, even the occasional quote is toomuch o moron.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Indio said:

This is not confirmed and nor will it be confirmed by ETNZ because of the obvious risk that any pre-agreement to accept a Challenge before the current event is decided might run foul of the Deed:

"And when a challenge from a Club fulfilling all the conditions required by this instrument has been
received, no other challenge can be considered until the pending event has been decided."

Just putting the gas up spitties ass I reckon.

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

Given that these 2 are the only ones who want to keep racing in the AC75s or something very similar, one assumes it would be reciprocal

If Ineos end up the challenger you could see only Ineos staff as non members on the RNZYS boat if ETNZ are one race away from winning the AC. A somewhat close  relationship considering there fighting for the cup. 

17 minutes ago, mako23 said:

If Ineos end up the challenger you could see only Ineos staff as non members on the RNZYS boat if ETNZ are one race away from winning the AC. A somewhat close  relationship considering there fighting for the cup. 

As long as there is no paper or electronic trail of any pre-agreement before the final deciding race concludes, they can sail around in circles to keep away any potential Challengers from boarding and spoiling their party:D

2 minutes ago, Indio said:

As long as there is no paper or electronic trail of any pre-agreement before the final deciding race concludes, they can sail around in circles to keep away any potential Challengers from boarding and spoiling their party:D

Are drones allowed for this purpose? :-)

live sail die is not an official announcement, so there for is a hot air until it isnt.

having a bloke as a guest on your winning boat clutching a piece of paper to hand to lord GD has happened before and was entirely above board, if it wasn't  Iam sure the Kiwis would have been up in arms about it when it happened in Bermuda 

3 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

live sail die is not an official announcement, so there for is a hot air until it isnt.

having a bloke as a guest on your winning boat clutching a piece of paper to hand to lord GD has happened before and was entirely above board, if it wasn't  Iam sure the Kiwis would have been up in arms about it when it happened in Bermuda 

Why the fuck would we be "up in arms" over RNZYS accepting the first DoG-compliant Challenge received in BDA?? There's no helping you whining poms.

1 hour ago, Indio said:

Why the fuck would we be "up in arms" over RNZYS accepting the first DoG-compliant Challenge received in BDA?? There's no helping you whining poms.

It’s sarcasm you bellend. I was saying there was NOTHING WRONG  and IF there was then a stink would have been kicked up.

not everything written on the internet is an attack on your fearless leader GD and his precious cup 

31 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

It’s sarcasm you bellend. I was saying there was NOTHING WRONG  and IF there was then a stink would have been kicked up.

not everything written on the internet is an attack on your fearless leader GD and his precious cup 

As opposed to the fearless leader Ratcliffe?

• Like 1

Indeed... 
not especially relevant though as it wasn’t Ratcliffe sat on the TNZ support boat handing over the COR notification as TNZ crossed the finish line in Bermuda. 

should similar happen with an INEOS as the cup concludes let’s hope there is the same level of complaint.. i.e NONE. 

7 hours ago, Forourselves said:

ETNZ was a Challenger. Guess what, two challengers trying to beat the Defender, is completely fine. One Defender and one challenger trying to beat other Challengers isn't.

ETNZ and LR in AC34 wasn’t two challengers meeting up after one was eliminated and both agreeing to tune up the winner of the LVC in the hopes of beating the defender.  It was a coordinated effort from the beginning to have an advantage over the only other challenger entered in AC34 in the hopes ENTZ would win so GD and The Poodles vision for the Cup could be realized.  And as an ENTZ minion of course you were/are fine with it.

WetHog  :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Indeed... 
not especially relevant though as it wasn’t Ratcliffe sat on the TNZ support boat handing over the COR notification as TNZ crossed the finish line in Bermuda. 

should similar happen with an INEOS as the cup concludes let’s hope there is the same level of complaint.. i.e NONE. 

Some of you guys take this shit waaayyy toooo seriously. :lol:

• Like 3
9 hours ago, jaysper said:

Agreed.

I know in recent years it has become common for defenders to receive help from challengers but I'd rather ETNZ not do it.

TNZ did tune-up with Nippon Challenge in 2000, prior to the match.

4 hours ago, WetHog said:

ETNZ and LR in AC34 wasn’t two challengers meeting up after one was eliminated and both agreeing to tune up the winner of the LVC in the hopes of beating the defender.  It was a coordinated effort from the beginning to have an advantage over the only other challenger entered in AC34 in the hopes ENTZ would win so GD and The Poodles vision for the Cup could be realized.  And as an ENTZ minion of course you were/are fine with it.

What!? Artemis were never going to be competitive! They needed a dispensation from the Class Rule that ETNZ granted, because they wanted them on the start line!

Their campaign was a disaster! They were caught with a non foiling design, that was so far behind it wasn't funny. They'd already broken one wing, one boat and killed one sailor. Their second boat had to be rebuilt and strengthened, which they were assisted with by the other teams, only to get destroyed by Luna Rossa.

Artemis disadvantaged themselves right from the start. 

7 hours ago, dullers said:

By way of apology would you accept a paid up subscription of "Trail Running Magazine" from me for one year?

If that was meant to be humorous you missed the mark by a wide margin but since you wish to apologise make a donation to one of your local charities who assist the disable. 

28 minutes ago, An Interested Non-Sailor said:

If that was meant to be humorous you missed the mark by a wide margin but since you wish to apologise make a donation to one of your local charities who assist the disable. 

Is there one for the limbless who can't spell disabled?

4 hours ago, Ripclaw said:

I don't recall that particular case, but yes I know ETNZ have been guilty of it in the past too.

This was not me taking some moral high ground about how ETNZ haven't/wouldn't do it, because they clearly HAVE.

I just wish they wouldn't.

4 hours ago, Ripclaw said:

How about a scenario where INEOS win the Prada and then LR tune up with ETNZ! Maybe they would then get COR back as long as they agree to the monofoilers (Bertelli has already agreed that I think from his welcome address to the press  conference).

16 minutes ago, dullers said:

So you’ve shown your true colours as just a school boy bully, picking on someone over the internet. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Forourselves said:

ETNZ was a Challenger. Guess what, two challengers trying to beat the Defender, is completely fine. One Defender and one challenger trying to beat other Challengers isn't.

Like when the Kiwi's helped Kookaburra? A challenger helping a defender against another challenger. You fucks invented this.

12 minutes ago, JJD said:

So you’ve shown your true colours as just a school boy bully, picking on someone over the internet. 

Well said JJD

21 minutes ago, JJD said:

I left school along time ago. If he cant take it he should not give it. I suspect he has the same amount of legs you do. It is the internet not church.

1 minute ago, dullers said:

I left school along time ago. If he cant take it he should not give it. I suspect he has the same amount of legs you do. It is the internet not church.

Only you gave it. So you’re an adult whose never grown out of being a school yard bully. That’s even worse. Disgusting. 

• Like 2
3 minutes ago, JJD said:

Only you gave it. So you’re an adult whose never grown out of being a school yard bully. That’s even worse. Disgusting. 

He trolled me out of nowhere. Follow the drift. No Christmas card for you.

7 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

It was Indio that too a sarcastic quote seriously. 

The old "sarcasm" fall-back defence?? What a cowardly lack of conviction to defend your whinging-pom attitude.

10 minutes ago, dullers said:

He trolled me out of nowhere. Follow the drift. No Christmas card for you.

Stick to the topic Dullers you absolute clown, it's a special breed that has to resort to speculating on the level of someone's disability to get off online.

55 minutes ago, winchfodder said:

How about a scenario where INEOS win the Prada and then LR tune up with ETNZ! Maybe they would then get COR back as long as they agree to the monofoilers (Bertelli has already agreed that I think from his welcome address to the press  conference).

I think LR has blown up that bridge quite emphatically with their intransigence and propensity for running to the Arb.Panel at the drop of a hat. They need to win AC36 or find new play mates.

4 minutes ago, eltelatron said:

Stick to the topic Dullers you absolute clown, it's a special breed that has to resort to speculating on the level of someone's disability to get off online.

I will speculate all I want. All these accounts coming out of the woodwork all of a sudden. Unlike you I can speculate or not to the truth of his disability or not. I dont come on here to expect honesty. Is this a spare account for you?

Just now, rogerfal said:

I wonder why....

I have a feeling some run more than one account so they can bolster their ego and agree with themselves online.  Heck I might have just replied to me!

54 minutes ago, pusslicker said:

Like when the Kiwi's helped Kookaburra? A challenger helping a defender against another challenger. You fucks invented this.

Yes. Exactly like that. As I’ve said, should not have happened, and should not happen. Kookaburra got their butts kicked anyway. 

11 minutes ago, Indio said:

I think LR has blown up that bridge quite emphatically with their intransigence and propensity for running to the Arb.Panel at the drop of a hat. They need to win AC36 or find new play mates.

As a Brit it is easy to paint LR a certain way. But the argument is that the rules are the rules. In much the same JS complained about the final pass in the last race between INEOS and PRADA the rules were the rules. At the end of the day ETNZ have some responsibility for some poor rules. So maybe that can be changed.

1 minute ago, dullers said:

I have a feeling some run more than one account so they can bolster their ego and agree with themselves online.  Heck I might have just replied to me!

That's a shame.

Just listening to the Robertson / Scott pod - worth a listen

1 minute ago, rogerfal said:

That's a shame.

Just listening to the Robertson / Scott pod - worth a listen

Do you have a link? Re Rugby. We were bullied on Saturday by a very good Scots team.

LR is trying to be the lone wolf but going about it the wrong way pissing off people with their constant whining and protests. It would not surprise me at all if Team Brexit end up tuning TR if LR wins the CSS.

30 minutes ago, rogerfal said:

Link up thread but here it is

‎Shirley Robertson's Sailing Podcast on Apple Podcasts

There will have been some inquest at the training camp yesterday.

I looked up Scott Robertson instead so that is why I went down the rugby route. I suppose there might have been an outside chance of them discussing the AC. Thanks for the link.

2 hours ago, An Interested Non-Sailor said:

@dullers Have deleted your first comment, It seems to have disappeared.

2 hours ago, dullers said:

You're coming across as a bit of cunt with this.

7 minutes ago, dullers said:

I looked up Scott Robertson instead so that is why I went down the rugby route. I suppose there might have been an outside chance of them discussing the AC. Thanks for the link.

Ahh - you make sense..

1 hour ago, Indio said:

The old "sarcasm" fall-back defence?? What a cowardly lack of conviction to defend your whinging-pom attitude.

You dumb fuck, it wasn’t winging, I was saying if Ratcliffe rocks up with a CoR notification on the NZ boat after the cup then there can’t be any complaints. 
as that is exactly what Prada did in Bermuda and it was totally acceptable. 

if you that’s a winge then you are more stupid than I credited you

56 minutes ago, mad said:

It is called alt accounts.

1 hour ago, rogerfal said:
2 hours ago, Paddywackery said:

Giles is a class act and modest to boot. 

Quite a contrast to Jimmy

Not true Jimmy has been very modest during this cup notwithstanding his personality is different to Giles. It would be a boring world if we didn't have the Spithill's of the world. I think Jimmy knows deep down all the teams are up against it beating ETNZ so he has made no bold predictions and I think overall his behaviour this cycle has been impeccable.

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

Not true Jimmy has been very modest during this cup notwithstanding his personality is different to Giles. It would be a boring world if we didn't have the Spithill's of the world. I think Jimmy knows deep down all the teams are up against it beating ETNZ so he has made no bold predictions and I think overall his behaviour this cycle has been impeccable.

Yeah he is almost likeable at the moment....almost :rolleyes:

• Like 1
36 minutes ago, dullers said:

It is called alt accounts.

Says you that just turned compared to a lot in AC forums, this place always has a lot of socks and trolls during cup time. Who were you last time around? 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, uflux said:

Yeah he is almost likeable at the moment....almost :rolleyes:

What’s wrong with a bit of sledging? :lol:

3 hours ago, dullers said:

I am beginning to like you puss as well.

Dull Salty Pusslicker.

Why not combine into one aptly named avatar so we only get 1/3 as many retarded posts

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

I agree, he’s almost a changed man. Amazing what getting whacked does for a big mouth. He didn’t perform or deliver in Bermuda so he’s nothing to talk about. Now he has to deliver. 

14 minutes ago, minimumfuss said:

Dull Salty Pusslicker.

Why not combine into one aptly named avatar so we only get 1/3 as many retarded posts

Where do they all come from at this time in the cup cycle, the threads just turn toxic. 

37 minutes ago, mad said:

Says you that just turned compared to a lot in AC forums, this place always has a lot of socks and trolls during cup time. Who were you last time around? 

You first.

2 minutes ago, mad said:

Same ID and login since I joined, ask around. 

Well please suggest who else I might be? 

17 minutes ago, dullers said:

Well please suggest who else I might be? 

Can’t be bothered playing games, and I cleared my ignore list out so no checking available. You’ll disappear in a few months anyway. 

• Like 1
8 hours ago, Forourselves said:

What!? Artemis were never going to be competitive! They needed a dispensation from the Class Rule that ETNZ granted, because they wanted them on the start line!

Their campaign was a disaster! They were caught with a non foiling design, that was so far behind it wasn't funny. They'd already broken one wing, one boat and killed one sailor. Their second boat had to be rebuilt and strengthened, which they were assisted with by the other teams, only to get destroyed by Luna Rossa.

Artemis disadvantaged themselves right from the start. 

Luna Rosa was never going to be competitive either.  They didn’t enter to help out OR with having more challengers.  So why did they enter?   They teamed up with ENTZ because they wanted OR to lose, they wanted out of multi hulls so they helped ENTZ try and win. And when they weren’t successful they did it again for AC35.  And here we are.

Now with the ETNZ/LR relationship on the rocks ETNZ has a new BFF in Sir Ben and INEOS.  ENTZ is pretty good with this collusion thing. 

• Like 2
22 hours ago, jaysper said:

Just not cricket as far as I'm concerned.

You had your boat measured and it passed. Period.

It's not the same as kingpost gate in San Francisco.

So carrying forward a penalty from a different class in a different series that effectively resulted in 2 DSQs in the AC match is fine, but getting a penalty for having a non–compliant boat that will likely have zero effect on the outcome of the challenger series and zero effect on the AC match, is not?

And the new rule exemption is "anything the measurers miss at any time can remain on the boat"?

22 hours ago, Forourselves said:

How surprising: whatever ETNZ did or does is above reproach, anything OTUSA did is a heinous crime. ENTZ has banned competitors training together for this AC via the protocol, so that's it.

1 hour ago, RobG said:

How surprising: whatever ETNZ did or does is above reproach, anything OTUSA did is a heinous crime. ENTZ has banned competitors training together for this AC via the protocol, so that's it.

As the Protocol stands, the surrogate yacht restriction will prevent the losing Prada Cup finalist from helping tune up either of the AC36 Match opponents.

5 hours ago, Indio said:

As the Protocol stands, the surrogate yacht restriction will prevent the losing Prada Cup finalist from helping tune up either of the AC36 Match opponents.

What? Nothing to do with surrogates, everything to do with:

15.1. There shall be no sailing or testing of AC75 Class Yachts in a coordinated manner with other Competitors except:
a) when participating in official Events; or
b) when participating in official practice and/or regattas organised during specific periods at nominated venues as mutually agreed by COR/D, and monitored by the Regatta Director.

5 hours ago, chesirecat said:

Here you go. Parts one and two. Love the Sid bit in Part one. He was amazing in the Star.

https://podcasts.apple.com/nz/podcast/shirley-robertsons-sailing-podcast/id1471762040

I have done part 1 of Giles. Very good. She is a good interviewer and it is more like a chat with a friend. Giles sounds like a great bloke. If anyone has made their name in this AC it is Giles. He will be in demand by all AC teams after this.

13 hours ago, mad said:

Yes it has disappeared but not by my hand. He has as many legs as you. It is an alt account run by one of the perpetually offended on here. You can always block me so you dont get hurty feelings.

10 hours ago, mad said:

Can’t be bothered playing games, and I cleared my ignore list out so no checking available. You’ll disappear in a few months anyway. 

Hopefully the mod will disappear the thing more promptly.

Yes it has disappeared but not by my hand. He has as many legs as you. It is an alt account run by one of the perpetually offended on here. You can always block me so you dont get hurty feelings.

Nah, i'll just sit back and watch you being a cunt.;)

• Like 4
8 hours ago, dullers said:

I have done part 1 of Giles. Very good. She is a good interviewer and it is more like a chat with a friend. Giles sounds like a great bloke. If anyone has made their name in this AC it is Giles. He will be in demand by all AC teams after this.

Yep. He's not to be underestimated as a helm on the AC75 either. Both Ben and Giles have done the usual UK sailing upbringing learning their trade on tidal estuaries, lakes, ponds and rivers and reservoirs we know so well, so handling curved ball situations are bread and butter stuff. JS with PP the LR coach tend to run off playbook. AM ran off playbook as well but with no plan B's. PB and BT do the curved ball stuff so if Ineos go thru it's going to be one some match.

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, dullers said:

Whos inquest and training camp?

England rugby team. Deffo off topic.

Just watched the press conference (Prada Cup Final) which is worth a watch if anyone hasn't...IMO

Just now, rogerfal said:

England rugby team. Deffo off topic.

Just watched the press conference (Prada Cup Final) which is worth a watch if anyone hasn't...IMO

On the Americas cup site?