• Replies 9.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

shes legit ... foil arm looks to be in the front end of the box ... opposite of all other teams ... what are we going to read into that?

ETNZ are probably favorites .....but win or lose....Team New Zealand have firmly established themselves as the all time great AC nation in the modern era.   From the time they first emerged, they have

Slowly working through yesterday's lot

Posted Images

9 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

the ‘yellow’ (blue) lines during the broadcasts are pretty shaky and must surely be being driven off this same new RMS system’s data. 

No, they operate off a different system:

“ARL has an entirely new system for the graphics,” says Nuttall. “In the past, it would draw the borders using sensors on the water. Now it is using image processing and AI to work out the borders and markers and draw the graphics accordingly. They don’t need data and don’t even need to be onsite ..."

Edit: From here: https://www.sportsvideo.org/2021/01/15/americas-cup-production-team-upgrades-data-augmented-reality-camera-coverage-in-new-zealand/

9 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

There is for sure reason to question the accuracy of things in this cycle, the ‘yellow’ (blue) lines during the broadcasts are pretty shaky and must surely be being driven off this same new RMS system’s data. 

Thats due to the matching of the camera angles and copter position to reality, not the data.

5 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

The 3 cm infraction registered, I wonder if it was the outboard foil and if so, did they accurately take into account the foil cant angle at that moment? 

Its based off the diamond, as they explained in the broadcast, so foil cant isn't part of it.

• Like 2

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSYWZtjZlXzDazFK4yL6uF

The fat lady is taking a few days off, while waiting for C19 to pass and for the opera house to reopen...

32 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

There is for sure reason to question the accuracy of things in this cycle, the ‘yellow’ (blue) lines during the broadcasts are pretty shaky and must surely be being driven off this same new RMS system’s data. 

The lines are shakey because they are being applied to a moving camera, whatever system is doing that interface is more likely to be the problem than the actual boundary system. 

55 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

They are shakey because they are basically using image recognition to map the location of the course - Stan Honey's patents preclude using his GPS technique.

In short, the broadcast visualisation jerkiness has nothing to do with the accuracy or claimed lack thereof of the GPS RMS.

BA: Ah Toto, how's things old chap ? Lovely day isn't it ? Assuming the family is well too ?

TW: What do you want Ben ?

BA: Well you know how you sort of helped us out a wee bit a few weeks ago, well we're  sort of getting our arses handed to us by the Italians at the moment in the Prada Cup Final. Any chance you and the lads could weave your magic again for us ? To help you out we've dropped a bit of Covid into the community here in Auckland to by us some time, but you're still gonna have to work quick. I take it you're not too busy at the moment anyway in the lead up to a new F1 season ?

TW: Fuck Off Ben [hangs up]

Toto.jpg

• Like 7
1 hour ago, Flippin Out said:

BA: Ah Toto, how's things old chap ? Lovely day isn't it ? Assuming the family is well too ?

TW: What do you want Ben ?

BA: Well you know how you sort of helped us out a wee bit a few weeks ago, well we're  sort of getting our arses handed to us by the Italians at the moment in the Prada Cup Final. Any chance you and the lads could weave your magic again for us ? To help you out we've dropped a bit of Covid into the community here in Auckland to by us some time, but you're still gonna have to work quick. I take it you're not too busy at the moment anyway in the lead up to a new F1 season ?

TW: Fuck Off Ben [hangs up]

Toto.jpg

Darn. These boats don't even have a kingpost to fill with lead.

• Like 2
On 2/14/2021 at 2:33 AM, MaxHugen said:

No doubt.  But getting snappy (R2, only a few seconds behind) makes me wonder how well he integrates with the rest of the crew besides Giles Scott.

Does the rest of the crew do anything but grind? It appears there's only about 4 people doing any major decision making, and only 3 of them at a time; helm, tactics/mainsheet, foil. It's not like jib trimmer can stuff up a lull call.

On 2/14/2021 at 5:08 AM, strider470 said:

Thanks mate. We know too well that we can't underestimate Ben and your team. yesterday they got LR optimal wind range but in a moment everything can change with these boats. Today UK has to react and it will be a real fight I'm glad that our boys are sailing well, but under pressure  is still to be seen how they perform

INEOS lost due to poor tactics.

If there is a speed difference, it is reasonably inconsequential.

If INEOS had won the start I think they would have been able to maintain the lead over LR.

But with 4 wins up, all LR need to do is match INEOS win for win and they will dance away with it.

So Ben and Giles had best up their game in a fucking big way.

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Ncik said:

Does the rest of the crew do anything but grind? It appears there's only about 4 people doing any major decision making, and only 3 of them at a time; helm, tactics/mainsheet, foil. It's not like jib trimmer can stuff up a lull call.

Yes, as far as I can tell, there are two crewmen who swap duties as flight controller depending on the tack.

9 hours ago, Jean-Baptiste said:

I would imagine they tested and validated the accuracy prior to the event. That said accuracy is somewhat dependent on satellite geometry, weather, solar conditions etc.

I guess I wasn't clear. I think they should quantify the accuracy and the confidence. And they are just pretending that it is a line on a court. And it's not.

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, nroose said:

I guess I wasn't clear. I think they should quantify the accuracy and the confidence. And they are just pretending that it is a line on a court. And it's not.

Everyone has the same line. Lines are necessary. 

What's your plan?

12 minutes ago, nroose said:

They all know how good it is. They get warns as they approach, so 3cm is over. Or do you think they should get a freebie if they are close? In which case it becomes how close, 10cm,1m, 10m?

INEOS aren't complaining for a reason, the cocked up and know it.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, jaysper said:

But with 4 wins up, all LR need to do is match INEOS win for win and they will dance away with it.

I see your 4 wins up and raise you San Fransisco.

• Like 2

Everyone talks about San Francisco all the time without remembering the fact that this was special because it was so rare. 

in reality very few matches are turned round by this margin and unless Rita can do something to find an extra 3%  in the COVID break they are not going to win. 

• Like 1

Enough about San Francisco. To keep harping on and on about San Francisco 2013, is to take away credit from the demolition job that we all saw in Bermuda in 2017. Why don't we remember Auckland 2000, or Auckland 2003, or Valencia?

LR is doing a horizon job on Ineos, just like NZL32 did in 95, NZL60 did to ITA45, and SUI64 did to NZL82, and they deserve credit for doing that, because two weeks ago, no one thought that was going to happen, thats for sure.

Sometimes one boat is just faster than the other, and thats all there is to say about it.

Look at Valencia, the boats were similar, but everyone involved in both teams knew Alinghi were the faster boat. NZ had a boat that could win races on its day, but Alinghi was always the all round faster package.

LR has the better package, and it shows.

San Francisco happened, but its an exception to the rule in terms of whats happened in the past.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, Nutta said:

The fat lady is taking a few days off, while waiting for C19 to pass and for the opera house to reopen...

And people give me shit for posting disgusting stuff.

• Like 3
2 hours ago, nroose said:

I think they should quantify the accuracy and the confidence. And they are just pretending that it is a line on a court.

There have been videos showing the accuracy the Umpires are using which is the max-accuracy stuff (at least assuming its the same/very similar to the last couple of events).

I believe base-station is up on North Head or Rangitoto.

They introduce random noise to the broadcast/Virtual-eye data to reduce that accuracy for anti-spying purposes.

The chopper shots could certainly do with being rather more accurate, this visual tracking stuff is about as accurate as the really early stuff which was also using visual tracking & probably for basically the same reason.

4 minutes ago, hoom said:

There have been videos showing the accuracy the Umpires are using which is the max-accuracy stuff (at least assuming its the same/very similar to the last couple of events).

I believe base-station is up on North Head or Rangitoto.

They introduce random noise to the broadcast/Virtual-eye data to reduce that accuracy for anti-spying purposes.

The chopper shots could certainly do with being rather more accurate, this visual tracking stuff is about as accurate as the really early stuff which was also using visual tracking & probably for basically the same reason.

Interesting about introducing noise. Why do that when all the speed data is released post race? 

Camera shots of the flashing light switching colour as they close to boundary isn't being used it seems like previous cups. In fact I wonder what the rear light is even on for this time round. BA seemed to be looking at a screen as he immediately said "look at my track" when penalised. Surely that's distracting. 

How does the several second delay in instrumentation work with boundaries? 

A warning tone in the earpiece would seem to be the simplest proximity warning. 

1 hour ago, Forourselves said:

Enough about San Francisco. To keep harping on and on about San Francisco 2013, is to take away credit from the demolition job that we all saw in Bermuda in 2017. Why don't we remember Auckland 2000, or Auckland 2003, or Valencia?

LR is doing a horizon job on Ineos, just like NZL32 did in 95, NZL60 did to ITA45, and SUI64 did to NZL82, and they deserve credit for doing that, because two weeks ago, no one thought that was going to happen, thats for sure.

Sometimes one boat is just faster than the other, and thats all there is to say about it.

Look at Valencia, the boats were similar, but everyone involved in both teams knew Alinghi were the faster boat. NZ had a boat that could win races on its day, but Alinghi was always the all round faster package.

LR has the better package, and it shows.

San Francisco happened, but its an exception to the rule in terms of whats happened in the past.

Sometime last year I watched the entire AC34 final from race 1 to the end. It was quite amazing, despite obviously knowing the result. That time limit race came so close to ending it, and while we all remember it coming back from 8-1 to win 8-9, the two penalty points meant it was actually 8-3 at the turnaround.

What I learnt from this was it seemed obvious that the BMW oracle boat was actually considerably quicker but ETNZ came into the race further on the learning curve. By the end it the series the oracle boat was always in command. 

I don't see this happening here. There is surely not much left in the shed for Ineos to make a stepchange in boatspeed. If there's a turnaround from 4-0 to win 7 of the next 9 races it will probably come from winning the starts.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, minimumfuss said:

all the speed data is released post race

Pray tell where the Umpire grade data is released?

Hint: its not unless I missed something.

4 hours ago, nroose said:

Accuracy is really irrelevant as long as everyone’s using the same data. The boundary is wherever the software says it is, same for the boat’s position. Helms can only see the boundary on a screen along with their current position, speed, etc. and predictions for crossing. They need to turn with a reasonable allowance for error.

• Like 3
5 hours ago, nroose said:

Not having a go but the race management / umpires have provided a boundary zone to mark the edges of the course where they get a change in rules to give them priority to manoeuvre and remain on the course. If the teams try to treat the far edge of that zone as a line on a court and "step over" it isn't that their problem?

If you want to have a limit there is always a point where you'll have this scenario, it could just have easily been they were 3 cm over a margin of error. Ben even steps up to this and acknowledged in the presser that he made a mistake and kept it too tight.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, KingMonkey said:

Everyone talks about San Francisco all the time without remembering the fact that this was special because it was so rare. 

in reality very few matches are turned round by this margin and unless Rita can do something to find an extra 3%  in the COVID break they are not going to win. 

I think a certain Mr Bertrand might disagree with you. 3-1 down to no less than Dennis Conner, Mr America's Cup, and took  the thing home in 1983. It doesn't matter how many matches are turned round. To both teams, this match is all that matters.

And strangely San Francisco turned round when Ben Ainslie stepped on the boat

Having said that, it does look unlikely.

2 hours ago, Mozzy Sails said:

One video uploaded, and this YouTuber has smashed it (it's not my video). Top editing. 

Are you sure you didn’t do this Mozzy ..... go on, don’t be shy ^_^

9 hours ago, Ncik said:

I see your 4 wins up and raise you San Fransisco.

Ummmm, you were rather selective with your use of the quote function.

Did you miss this:

"So Ben and Giles had best up their game in a fucking big way."

6 hours ago, jaysper said:

Ummmm, you were rather selective with your use of the quote function.

Did you miss this:

"So Ben and Giles had best up their game in a fucking big way."

The specific quote seemed overly optimistic that LR had this all but wrapped up, which I believe is jumping the gun. A bit more breeze and I think LR will have some trouble maintaining the current margin, if it stays light-ish (sub 15) then I think they can take it. But this is sail-boat racing, so anything can happen. One capsize, one bad start, Jimmy loses his marbles, Ben finds his...

12 hours ago, shanghaisailor said:

And strangely San Francisco turned round when Ben Ainslie stepped on the boat

Having said that, it does look unlikely.

San Fran was not turned around by Ben Ainslie joining the boat.  This narrative is one peddled mostly by the British Press. This is one area where i happen to agree with Stingray - Oracle were just on a massive upward learning curve.  They were getting progressively faster upwind - Ben Ainslie is not some guru - that's being shown right now. 

Narratives for San Fran can be constructed in many ways - is it a) ETNZ were incredibly unlucky to lose - only a late wind limit change, or a race which did not make the time limit - stopped them.  Or is it narrative b) ETNZ were lucky to even get a point, given how their opponent arrived without knowing fully how to sail their boat.  Irrespective - it was not Ainslie who won it - the OR boat became an absolute beast upwind and at that point - there was no way ETNZ was going to win.   

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, aucklander said:

that boat became an absolute beast upwind and at that point - there was no way ETNZ was going to win.

They both became upwind beasts, but OR did it even better.

It’s hard to imagine what might become a similarly big differentiator this time  during the coming Match but it strikes me that something similar could happen. 

5 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

They both became upwind beasts, but OR did it even better.

It’s hard to imagine what might become a similarly big differentiator this time  during the coming Match but it strikes me that something similar could happen. 

Oh no. Not the Herbie monster again!

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Ncik said:

The specific quote seemed overly optimistic that LR had this all but wrapped up, which I believe is jumping the gun. A bit more breeze and I think LR will have some trouble maintaining the current margin, if it stays light-ish (sub 15) then I think they can take it. But this is sail-boat racing, so anything can happen. One capsize, one bad start, Jimmy loses his marbles, Ben finds his...

They sailed in breeze the last race. Biggest issue is starts the boats are so close and the course so narrow that passing is very hard unless you get a shift? Can't get a shift if the other boat dumps on you every tack. Ben "MUST" win the starts and then let's see if Ineos have the speed and tacking speed to stay in front? 

13 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

They sailed in breeze the last race. Biggest issue is starts the boats are so close and the course so narrow that passing is very hard unless you get a shift? Can't get a shift if the other boat dumps on you every tack. Ben "MUST" win the starts and then let's see if Ineos have the speed and tacking speed to stay in front? 

Completely agree with this assessment.  If Ineos win a start and get in front, and then we see them unable to cover for any reason (pure speed, or tacks) on a tight upwind leg, then I think it's over rover for Mr Ben.

31 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

Yachting: Herbie's secrets revealed at last

SAAC the Daily Mail of yachting:P

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/yachting-herbies-secrets-revealed-at-last/RBZDQRTI7676NWLUIOS3BLHJSI/

"It's not an electronic system," says Mike Drummond, a former head of Oracle's design team, of the button helmsman Jimmy Spithill pushed to activate USA's foil-assist system.

As the article was written about him he would say that wouldn't he. I bet you GD made sure he never worked again with Team New Zealand after that article.

8 minutes ago, winchfodder said:

As the article was written about him he would say that wouldn't he. I bet you GD made sure he never worked again with Team New Zealand after that article.

You do realise that Mike Drummond was not involved in Oracle's AC34 campaign?

7 hours ago, terrafirma said:

I mean thats match racing, you win the start and attempt to control your opponent through the rest of the race. So far INEOS has made unforced errors allowing them to get away, so for our sake (in getting more racing to watch) I hope they improve that and win some starts!

8 hours ago, terrafirma said:

Less wind on day two than for the second race of day 1

jib choices reflected that as did boat speeds 

https://www.ineosteamuk.com/en/articles/401_INEOS-TEAM-UK-STATEMENT.html?fbclid=IwAR1QUDRCtshZBWujrZpgMSpxz6fuFnfP5gSvEMB4fITZ-8ajqGjPamIJocA

Following the statement from the America’s Cup Event Ltd (ACE) today (LINK) : 

INEOS TEAM UK respect the decision communicated by ACE to delay the PRADA Cup racing due to the current COVID-19 alert level in Auckland.

The result of the PRADA Cup final should be won and decided on the water in the agreed format of first to win 7 races.

INEOS TEAM UK fully respect the government's decision to curtail racing until it is safe to do so and would support a delay in the competition if that is required.

The solution put forward by ACE is sensible in ensuring both the safety of all in New Zealand, and the integrity of the sporting competition.

INEOS TEAM UK will continue with our race preparations and be ready to race when it is safe to do so.

On 2/16/2021 at 2:51 PM, winchfodder said:

"It's not an electronic system," says Mike Drummond, a former head of Oracle's design team, of the button helmsman Jimmy Spithill pushed to activate USA's foil-assist system.

" In reality, Oracle's foiling assist system was a simple mechanical feedback loop. "

Which was prohibited under the Class Rules :D. The truth is slowly but surely coming out..

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, chesirecat said:

https://www.ineosteamuk.com/en/articles/401_INEOS-TEAM-UK-STATEMENT.html?fbclid=IwAR1QUDRCtshZBWujrZpgMSpxz6fuFnfP5gSvEMB4fITZ-8ajqGjPamIJocA

Following the statement from the America’s Cup Event Ltd (ACE) today (LINK) : 

INEOS TEAM UK respect the decision communicated by ACE to delay the PRADA Cup racing due to the current COVID-19 alert level in Auckland.

The result of the PRADA Cup final should be won and decided on the water in the agreed format of first to win 7 races.

INEOS TEAM UK fully respect the government's decision to curtail racing until it is safe to do so and would support a delay in the competition if that is required.

The solution put forward by ACE is sensible in ensuring both the safety of all in New Zealand, and the integrity of the sporting competition.

INEOS TEAM UK will continue with our race preparations and be ready to race when it is safe to do so.

Ineos acting in good spirit and acting sensible. Unlike their opponents 

3 minutes ago, mako23 said:

Ineos acting in good spirit and acting sensible. Unlike their opponents 

INEOS desperate for some more time and therefore happy to try and change the rules. Unlike their opponents who are happy to abid by what they all signed up for.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
33 minutes ago, Gissie said:

INEOS desperate for some more time and therefore happy to try and change the rules. Unlike their opponents who are happy to abid by what they all signed up for.

LR are trying to circumvent the NZ governments response to breakout of COVID. When you walk into this country you are required to obey the laws of this country. If they don’t like the laws they can have their visas revoked and be told to fuck off. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, mako23 said:

LR are trying to circumvent the NZ governments response to breakout of COVID. When you walk into this country you are required to obey the laws of this country. If they don’t like the laws they can have their visas revoked and be told to fuck off. 

They are trying to do no such thing. They would like to race, as was set up at the beginning. They can train, so why not race. Their next point is, if we don't race then we need to abide by the rules all teams agreed to. Simple shit really.

ACE, in other words Dalts, doesn't want to have any racing without the crouds and TV, he is desperate to have this showcased. So he wants to stop the racing until this can all happen. But he doesn't have the authority to make these changes. As the boss of ACE he is there to just run the event, not try and force rule changes on the competitors.

As for INEOS, of course they would prefer to get some more days of trying to work out how to win, so I don't blame them for supporting the change. Anyone in their position would do the same. Just like any competitive team would want to continue if they were in Prada's position.

The only one being a cunt here is ACE and its CEO.

• Like 2
27 minutes ago, Gissie said:

They are trying to do no such thing. They would like to race, as was set up at the beginning. They can train, so why not race. Their next point is, if we don't race then we need to abide by the rules all teams agreed to. Simple shit really.

ACE, in other words Dalts, doesn't want to have any racing without the crouds and TV, he is desperate to have this showcased. So he wants to stop the racing until this can all happen. But he doesn't have the authority to make these changes. As the boss of ACE he is there to just run the event, not try and force rule changes on the competitors.

As for INEOS, of course they would prefer to get some more days of trying to work out how to win, so I don't blame them for supporting the change. Anyone in their position would do the same. Just like any competitive team would want to continue if they were in Prada's position.

The only one being a cunt here is ACE and its CEO.

ACE are taking directives from the Government of New Zealand. The only organisation that controls what sport are played at the moment is the government. I don’t like but that’s the world we have  living with a pandemic. If LR want to fight ACE directives it fighting the NZ government. The Pakistani cricket tried to play fast with the rules and nearly had there visa’s withdrawn. We have remained mostly  Covid  free by a government not playing nice. Don’t want to follow the rules, then go to jail. I for one will put up with some loses in liberty to remain Covid free. Better than having hospitals full of dead people. 
LR have in effect tried to push the NZ government to relax the rules. Not a smart move, I’m sure they have already been warned that they better pull their head in. The NZ government would pull visas if they carry on with this game

• Downvote 1
46 minutes ago, mako23 said:

Likewise if you sign up for a yachting event you are required to obey the rules of the event and the RRS.  The rules say the boat with the most points on the 24th wins the regatta.  ACE cannot change the rules.  Dalton wants big crowds, he doesn't care about the rules of the regatta and racing.  By trying to pint Luna Rossa as the bad guys shows he is getting a little worried by the Italians.

• Like 1

NZ gov decides  if racing happens not ACE not Prada

It’s a let us race even though it’s not currently allowed (since changed) at the time LRPP put out their statement or we declare ourselves the winners.  How keen would they be if the situation was reversed? Anyway if they are do fucking good, why the drama? delay and do the talking on the water. 

The INEOS statement is only saying they would like to be racing and deciding the outcome on the water not a request at having more shed 

oh and the rules of your sailing event don’t get to override Government rulings of the nation you are in. F1 Tennis football etc all the other examples given are only going ahead with Gov approval, Prada demanding or strongly wishing/preferring to or whatever is pretty self indulgent 

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1
1 hour ago, trt131 said:

Likewise if you sign up for a yachting event you are required to obey the rules of the event and the RRS.  The rules say the boat with the most points on the 24th wins the regatta.  ACE cannot change the rules.  Dalton wants big crowds, he doesn't care about the rules of the regatta and racing.  By trying to pint Luna Rossa as the bad guys shows he is getting a little worried by the Italians.

The NZ government decide the rules ......we are living in a covid world and that’s the reality. It’s pretty hard to sail in the AC if you have been kicked out of the country 

1 hour ago, mako23 said:

ACE are taking directives from the Government of New Zealand. The only organisation that controls what sport are played at the moment is the government. I don’t like but that’s the world we have  living with a pandemic. If LR want to fight ACE directives it fighting the NZ government. The Pakistani cricket tried to play fast with the rules and nearly had there visa’s withdrawn. We have remained mostly  Covid  free by a government not playing nice. Don’t want to follow the rules, then go to jail. I for one will put up with some loses in liberty to remain Covid free. Better than having hospitals full of dead people. 
LR have in effect tried to push the NZ government to relax the rules. Not a smart move, I’m sure they have already been warned that they better pull their head in. The NZ government would pull visas if they carry on with this game

Take the blinkers off. Prada would like to race. No pressure or demands are being made on the government. If they can't race then they would like to obey the existing rules. ACE do not want them to race. They want to have as much coverage as possible so racing behind closed doors is not in their interests.

They have had talks with the government on pushing the racing out until the crowds and TV can turn up. They do not have the authority to try and declare rule changes. They are overstepping their remit hugely by doing so. To then try and paint Prada as the villains? What a bunch of douche bags.

I am starting to realise that the Cup will have a better future out of GD's clutches.

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1
1 minute ago, Gissie said:

Take the blinkers off. Prada would like to race. No pressure or demands are being made on the government. If they can't race then they would like to obey the existing rules. ACE do not want them to race. They want to have as much coverage as possible so racing behind closed doors is not in their interests.

They have had talks with the government on pushing the racing out until the crowds and TV can turn up. They do not have the authority to try and declare rule changes. They are overstepping their remit hugely by doing so. To then try and paint Prada as the villains? What a bunch of douche bags.

I am starting to realise that the Cup will have a better future out of GD's clutches.

It’s got nothing to do with GD the decision was made by the Prime Minister. She decideds what lock down levels we are in, and what activities are allowed in each level. I’m pretty sure the present situation is pissing off GD at the moment 

5 minutes ago, mako23 said:

The NZ government decide the rules ......we are living in a covid world and that’s the reality. It’s pretty hard to sail in the AC if you have been kicked out of the country 

And Prada has no problem following them. They would have liked to find a way to race behind closed doors if possible. If not, then so be it. The rules they all signed up for are there to read.

People go on about what if it was the other way around and it was Ineos in front. My guess is Prada would be doing what Ineos is doing. Staying quiet, agreeing postponement would be a nice idea, but ready to race.

The whole shit fight was caused by ACE overstepping the mark.

The other question would be if it was the cup and NZ was in front. After SF do you think they would be happy to just back off and give the challenger a reprieve and possible way out. Shit no and I would back them on the call.

1 minute ago, mako23 said:

It’s got nothing to do with GD the decision was made by the Prime Minister. She decideds what lock down levels we are in, and what activities are allowed in each level. I’m pretty sure the present situation is pissing off GD at the moment 

n alive, you are so blinked it is impossible  for you to comprehend reality.

I will leave you to your own planet, wherever the hell it is.

And Prada has no problem following them. They would have liked to find a way to race behind closed doors if possible. If not, then so be it. The rules they all signed up for are there to read.

People go on about what if it was the other way around and it was Ineos in front. My guess is Prada would be doing what Ineos is doing. Staying quiet, agreeing postponement would be a nice idea, but ready to race.

The whole shit fight was caused by ACE overstepping the mark.

The other question would be if it was the cup and NZ was in front. After SF do you think they would be happy to just back off and give the challenger a reprieve and possible way out. Shit no and I would back them on the call.

Nearly every sport in the world has been affected. The NFL Super Bowl was played in a half empty stadium. LR being delayed by a week or two is not a hardship 

n alive, you are so blinked it is impossible  for you to comprehend reality.

I will leave you to your own planet, wherever the hell it is.

I’m living in NZ where I have a better understanding of what’s going on than you. 

Just now, mako23 said:

I’m living in NZ where I have a better understanding of what’s going on than you. 

So we both live in NZ. You remind me of the old saying - I could agree with you, but then we would both be wrong.

See you Mr Mako, you are not worth talking to on this point.

4 hours ago, Varan said:

Ah, the ouija board. Things must be getting desperate on Rita.

OK I looked it up!

“Ouija, the Wonderful Talking Board,” boomed a Pittsburgh toy and novelty shop, describing a magical device that answered questions “about the past, present and future with marvelous accuracy” and promised “never-failing amusement and recreation for all the classes,” a link “between the known and unknown, the material and immaterial.”

Next to the ouija board, Giles will be equipped with the latest technology in tactical decision instruments. Maybe with this upgrade they will start winning some starts

Image result for magic 8 ball

9 hours ago, mako23 said:

Nearly every sport in the world has been affected. The NFL Super Bowl was played in a half empty stadium. LR being delayed by a week or two is not a hardship 

But the SuperBowl was played.

Having people hang around waiting for the next quarantine oopsie shoe to drop gains nothing. 

New Zealand really wasn't up to managing this event.  

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
19 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

well they won it and the right to host it so they must have been' UP TO IT' when it counted..

A person has to know their limitations. Winning the Cup and managing the winning team are light years away from managing the subsequent EVENT. Different skill sets. I had not thought this till now, even with the fuss about $3m here, $250k there, but I do now. GD et al are a great TEAM, not a great set of bureaucrats. Should have hired better ones.

15 minutes ago, Paddywackery said:

Nonsense, it’s been a great event so far. 

Saddest story in 2 words: so far.

That imperfect quarantine setup has been there all along. A case or several was always a possibility. Mitigation plans if there are any, seem not agreed on by all relevant parties. That's part of managing the event.

11 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

That imperfect quarantine setup has been there all along. A case or several was always a possibility. Mitigation plans if there are any, seem not agreed on by all relevant parties. That's part of managing the event.

The mitigation plans were there, but that involved closed door racing. Something ETNZ is no longer interested in supporting.

The mitigation plans were there, but that involved closed door racing. Something ETNZ is no longer interested in supporting.

And there is a close relationship with event management...and money?

7 minutes ago, NeedAClew said:

No quarantine regimen is foolproof. They did a remarkable job to host the event in the midst of a pandemic because of strong and decisive mitigation measures. As far as the AC event management goes, so far is the optimum word and now all manner of other factors will come to the fore as has been the hallmark of AC’s over the years.

• Like 2
Just now, NeedAClew said:

And there is a close relationship with event management...and money?

Yes, much like the very close relationship between event management and ETNZ as the both have the same boss.

6 minutes ago, Gissie said:

Yes, much like the very close relationship between event management and ETNZ as the both have the same boss.

RNZYS apparently kow-tows to ETNZ too.. A delay is also in almost everyone in Auckland’s waterfront business community too - bars, restaurants and hotels. Some of those business owners may also be RNZYS members.

Understandable but LR should not be getting beaten over the head by any of that. 

11 hours ago, Gissie said:

You would think that "the crowds" consist for 99% of people in front of their youtube or other stream ? The few 100 or even 1000 people on boats can be disregarded.

53 minutes ago, underperformer said:

You would think that "the crowds" consist for 99% of people in front of their youtube or other stream ? The few 100 or even 1000 people on boats can be disregarded.

You would. Perhaps Dalts needs to show he is fighting for the best deal for Auckland for use in negotiations, rather than things like agree rules and an anonymous audience.

On 2/15/2021 at 12:05 PM, Nutta said:

THAT has got to be a photoshot surely..!!!

5 hours ago, NeedAClew said:

But the SuperBowl was played.

Having people hang around waiting for the next quarantine oopsie shoe to drop gains nothing. 

New Zealand really wasn't up to managing this event.  

Says someone living in a covid-infested state, run by an idiot governor who hid the real number of covid fatalities and still in denial...

• Like 1