Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 9.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

shes legit ... foil arm looks to be in the front end of the box ... opposite of all other teams ... what are we going to read into that?

ETNZ are probably favorites .....but win or lose....Team New Zealand have firmly established themselves as the all time great AC nation in the modern era.   From the time they first emerged, they have

Slowly working through yesterday's lot

Posted Images

On 4/4/2021 at 5:12 PM, barfy said:

She says rich people who are known to avoid tax should be seen as “social pariahs … a national disgrace, not heroes”. Some of the wealthiest Britons are no longer based in the UK, which allows them to make significant tax savings. Sir James Ratcliffe, the UK’s richest person and a high-profile Brexiter, last year quit Britain for tax-free Monaco. It has been estimated that the move will ultimately save him £4bn in tax payments. Other rich Britons who have moved to Monaco include the former Topshop boss Sir Philip Green and his wife, Tina; the property billionaires Simon and David Reuben; John Hargreaves, the founder and chairman of Matalan; and Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton. In 2019, John Caudwell, the billionaire founder of Phones4u, vowed to join them in Monaco if Labour was elected and raised taxes.

Bet, Sir James likes the much better weather too.  Good on him.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/4/2021 at 5:12 PM, barfy said:

She says rich people who are known to avoid tax should be seen as “social pariahs … a national disgrace, not heroes”. Some of the wealthiest Britons are no longer based in the UK, which allows them to make significant tax savings. Sir James Ratcliffe, the UK’s richest person and a high-profile Brexiter, last year quit Britain for tax-free Monaco. It has been estimated that the move will ultimately save him £4bn in tax payments. Other rich Britons who have moved to Monaco include the former Topshop boss Sir Philip Green and his wife, Tina; the property billionaires Simon and David Reuben; John Hargreaves, the founder and chairman of Matalan; and Formula One driver Lewis Hamilton. In 2019, John Caudwell, the billionaire founder of Phones4u, vowed to join them in Monaco if Labour was elected and raised taxes.

The UK tax system is punitive to those who work hard. My wife worked out she was in reality paying about 55% tax in the UK. After the being the tax mans whipping boy for so long both my wife and I were happy to go back to New Zealand.  No plans to ever return while such punitive taxes exist. Don’t blame any Billionaires leaving and coming a tax exile. I imagine their attitude is “if your going to be greedy tax man, you can get nothing”. Most people know we all need to pay tax, but not half your income should go

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Filthy Phill said:

Unfortunately, the mess Billionaires leave behind accumulating their wealth, requires tax too remedy.

Yes in the case of  INEOS he left multiple business employing  thousands of people, how jolly awful of him.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

Yes in the case of  INEOS he left multiple business employing  thousands of people, how jolly awful of him.. 

Let them pay the taxes as sir J is too busy employing the world and helping the UK better define themselves...albeit without him now. Atlas must have shrugged and left town.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, mako23 said:

The UK tax system is punitive to those who work hard. My wife worked out she was in reality paying about 55% tax in the UK. After the being the tax mans whipping boy for so long both my wife and I were happy to go back to New Zealand.  No plans to ever return while such punitive taxes exist. Don’t blame any Billionaires leaving and coming a tax exile. I imagine their attitude is “if your going to be greedy tax man, you can get nothing”. Most people know we all need to pay tax, but not half your income should go

So you left ultra-capitalist UK for socialist NZ to pay less tax. Go figure...

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, barfy said:

Let them pay the taxes as sir J is too busy employing the world and helping the UK better define themselves...albeit without him now. Atlas must have shrugged and left town.

He should be personally responsible for the taxes encountered by his businesses that run in the U.K.?  What an odd idea. 
 

his U.K. business pay tax in the U.K. as do his employees in the U.K. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

INEOS TEAM UK first have to built a Team Culture if they ever want to win the America's Cup. I am currently rewatching the 2017/2018 VOR and Dongfeng Race Team had a really good Team Culture despite all the setbacks along the way like giving up Leg leads, etc. Charles Caudrelier really willed his Team on, amazing Leader without one bit of ego. Carolijn Brower described Dongfeng as "Family".

Ben Ainslie as good as he might be has too much an EGO and that's holding the Team back to win the AC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

INEOS TEAM UK first have to built a Team Culture if they ever want to win the America's Cup. I am currently rewatching the 2017/2018 VOR and Dongfeng Race Team had a really good Team Culture despite all the setbacks along the way like giving up Leg leads, etc. Charles Caudrelier really willed his Team on, amazing Leader without one bit of ego. Carolijn Brower described Dongfeng as "Family".

Ben Ainslie as good as he might be has too much an EGO and that's holding the Team back to win the AC.

Get fucked.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

INEOS TEAM UK first have to built a Team Culture if they ever want to win the America's Cup. I am currently rewatching the 2017/2018 VOR and Dongfeng Race Team had a really good Team Culture despite all the setbacks along the way like giving up Leg leads, etc. Charles Caudrelier really willed his Team on, amazing Leader without one bit of ego. Carolijn Brower described Dongfeng as "Family".

Ben Ainslie as good as he might be has too much an EGO and that's holding the Team back to win the AC.

Do you have any evidence to  support your claim that he has an ego that is holding the team back?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

INEOS TEAM UK first have to built a Team Culture if they ever want to win the America's Cup. I am currently rewatching the 2017/2018 VOR and Dongfeng Race Team had a really good Team Culture despite all the setbacks along the way like giving up Leg leads, etc. Charles Caudrelier really willed his Team on, amazing Leader without one bit of ego. Carolijn Brower described Dongfeng as "Family".

Ben Ainslie as good as he might be has too much an EGO and that's holding the Team back to win the AC.

There is nothing wrong with having an ego, I think you will find that Grant Dalton has an ego.  The ability to make decisions while taking into account only the relevant facts would seem to be the key requirement.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Terry Hollis said:

There is nothing wrong with having an ego, I think you will find that Grant Dalton has an ego.  The ability to make decisions while taking into account only the relevant facts would seem to be the key requirement.

Ainslie has tremendously poor Managing Qualities as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

Shut up you and @rh3000!

Stop posting bi polar shite about how you want to suck  off ben one Minute  and have him shot and sacked from his team the next

until then fuck off 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2021 at 1:18 AM, Rennmaus said:

So you left ultra-capitalist UK for socialist NZ to pay less tax. Go figure...

The UK is far more socialist than NZ 

17% of uk households are in a council house, while 4% live in state houses in NZ  (state house is equivalent of council house)

you have to pay to see the doctor in NZ in the UK it’s free

Take any meaningful measurement and the UK welfare system is more generous

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, mako23 said:

you have to pay to see the doctor in NZ in the UK it’s free

The NHS is free at the point of care to citizens and tax residents, you can and do get charged if you're not covered by that or a corresponding reciprocal care agreement. There is a specific portion of tax that is supposed to pay for it called "National Insurance", which is paid in part by higher earners, and by companies. (Its an extra 5% tax for a company which an employee does not see, but a single person company might consider that a "personal tax" even though it's not).

Link to post
Share on other sites

UK national insurance contributions are related to entitlement to certain benefits such as the state pension. It has nothing to do with the NHS except in the sense that it is a general input to state coffers. It is not hypothecated i.e. the funds it raises don't provide for any specific government spending and it is not only paid by higher earners.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, dogwatch said:

UK national insurance contributions are related to entitlement to certain benefits such as the state pension. It has nothing to do with the NHS except in the sense that it is a general input to state coffers. It is not hypothecated i.e. the funds it raises don't provide for any specific government spending and it is not only paid by higher earners.

It's only paid by people who earn a salary over a certain threshold per week, (unlike other taxes which are yearly), and through a 5% tax paid by the employer. Not everyone pays it but people earning a decent wage do.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/8/2021 at 9:31 AM, dogwatch said:

It's paid if you earn more than £184 a week Hardly "high earners". Hardly, in fact, "a decent wage".

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/rates-and-allowances-national-insurance-contributions/rates-and-allowances-national-insurance-contributions

Apparently my memory is faulty about what the threshold was. I apologise, but my original point stands, its not free, its a benefit of paying those taxes @mako23 left the UK to avoid.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JonRowe said:

Apparently my memory is faulty about what the threshold was. I apologise, but my original point stands, its not free, its a benefit of paying those taxes @mako23 left the UK to avoid.

I’m not missing high British tax. The top 1% of British taxpayers pay a third of all British tax. A good chunk of low income earners pay next to no income tax at all. It’s all very socialistic the UK tax system. It’s a very dangerous path the UK tax system has taken.  With so much tax coming from so few hands if anything drastically hits the top 1% income, then the  whole tax system can suddenly not produce enough tax. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mako23 said:

I’m not missing high British tax. The top 1% of British taxpayers pay a third of all British tax. A good chunk of low income earners pay next to no income tax at all. It’s all very socialistic the UK tax system. It’s a very dangerous path the UK tax system has taken.  With so much tax coming from so few hands if anything drastically hits the top 1% income, then the  whole tax system can suddenly not produce enough tax. 

Citation for that? Heres one disproving that, in 2017 income tax was only 25% of all tax income, and 25% of that came from the top 1% (who actually pay tax in the UK as opposed to having moved overseas) so thats only 6% total.

https://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/9178

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mako23 said:

I’m not missing high British tax. The top 1% of British taxpayers pay a third of all British tax. A good chunk of low income earners pay next to no income tax at all. It’s all very socialistic the UK tax system. It’s a very dangerous path the UK tax system has taken.  With so much tax coming from so few hands if anything drastically hits the top 1% income, then the  whole tax system can suddenly not produce enough tax. 

Maybe if the "job creators" paid living wages then the lower end could pay more taxes. You cunts want it both ways. Pay no taxes or wages.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JonRowe said:

Citation for that? Heres one disproving that, in 2017 income tax was only 25% of all tax income, and 25% of that came from the top 1% (who actually pay tax in the UK as opposed to having moved overseas) so thats only 6% total.

https://www.ifs.org.uk/publications/9178

Here you go as asked

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/nov/13/richest-britain-income-tax-revenues-institute-fiscal-studies

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mako23 said:

Ah ok, so its 33% of 25% now, so 8% overall.

Its also worth noting thats the top 1% of tax payers, there are many people who escape to other countries to avoid their fair share of tax.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JonRowe said:

Ah ok, so its 33% of 25% now, so 8% overall.

Its also worth noting thats the top 1% of tax payers, there are many people who escape to other countries to avoid their fair share of tax.

To be honest we didn’t mind paying our fair share of tax, but when over half is taken in tax, then that doesn’t seem fair at all. Our tax load in NZ is about 38% which I think is fair.

My tax figures are calculated as income tax, plus vat or gst payed on what’s left if that money is spent. Of course if you saved your disposable income that would reduce your tax. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

The Brits are CRAPPIES as always. No Team Shake-up! They will lose big again in AC37 and Ben can go into hiding with Prince William and Kate!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

The Brits are CRAPPIES as always. No Team Shake-up! They will lose big again in AC37 and Ben can go into hiding with Prince William and Kate!

Get fucked, don’t like the team? Then fuck off with your pathetic attempts at cosying up. You and Magnus were fucking pathetic during the AC with your hate/love/hate mood swings. 
 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, dg_sailingfan said:

England not winning the EURO proves Great Britain or UK will never ever win the AC. Both Teams are too clumsy!

Given the correlation between AC winners and football success, that really must be the worst attempt at trolling ever.

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

England not winning the EURO proves Great Britain or UK will never ever win the AC. Both Teams are too clumsy!

Obvious cunt is obvious… 

how did Germany do again? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...

Recruiting

And for the long term as well

 Permanent and Fixed Term Contract opportunities available

"We are recruiting for the following positions:
Composite Design Engineer
Mechanical Design Engineer
Structural Analysis Engineer
Hydraulic Design Engineer"
 
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JALhazmat said:

INEOS HR department soon to be flooded with the SA experts sending in their CV

Unfortunately for Ineos I had to turn them down.....I'm a loyal Kiwi......

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

INEOS HR department soon to be flooded with the SA experts sending in their CV

Plenty of opportunities. NYYC better get cracking.

"will be looking for new team members in many areas through the coming months."

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Horn Rock said:

Unfortunately for Ineos I had to turn them down.....I'm a loyal Kiwi......

But apparently Kiwi rules are you just need to stick on a shirt with a Union flag and you have switched. You'll be drinking tea and warm beer and eating burgers without beetroot in no time.

Link to post
Share on other sites

https://www.rnz.co.nz/news/sport/447867/nz-rugby-confirms-six-year-partnership-with-petro-chemical-company-ineos

New Zealand Rugby (NZR) has announced a six year partnership with British multinational petro-chemical company INEOS.

 

INEOS will become the official performance partner of the All Blacks, Black Ferns, All Blacks Sevens, Black Ferns Sevens, Māori All Blacks, All Blacks XV and All Blacks Under-20s.

The new deal could be worth in the region of $8 million a year to NZR.

 

INEOS will appear on the back of the playing shorts and on the front of the Training Jersey of each of those seven teams from 2022. More details on the Performance Partnership will be unveiled later this year.

That would suggest the All Blacks are still on the hunt for a major sponsor to put their logo on the front of the test jerseys, with AIG's deal with NZR finishing up this year.

The INEOS partnership means the teams will join INEOS Sport teams; Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team; INEOS Grenadiers cycling team; INEOS TEAM UK sailing team; and football clubs OGC Nice and FC Lausanne-Sport as part of a sport performance group.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh this is just too fucking funny 

All the nasty Jim killing the planet chat but yeah Chuck the ABs 8mil a year and all is forgiven.. 

everyone has a price eh ;-) 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Oh this is just too fucking funny 

All the nasty Jim killing the planet chat but yeah Chuck the ABs 8mil a year and all is forgiven.. 

everyone has a price eh ;-) 

Well, I'm not sure those that don't like Ineos will change their perspective as a consequence of this. But it will undoubtedly currie favour with mainstream rugby fans in NZ I'm sure.

I guess JR's trip around NZ give him an opportunity to discover how much he loves NZ.

Poor sods at the RFU though...

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

 

Poor sods at the RFU though...

Not that poor. England rugby have a 5 year deal with O2 worth £7.5m pa. So given exchange rates almost twice as much

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, enigmatically2 said:

Not that poor. England rugby have a 5 year deal with O2 worth £7.5m pa. So given exchange rates almost twice as much

Welp, thats RFU's top tier sponsor, this Ineos deal isn't... NZRU still looking for replacement for O2-level AIG, and Adidas locked in for $10m pa for 3 more years...

But I didn't mean poor as money, just poor as in sad and unloved by fellow countrymen with deep pockets.. ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, rh3000 said:

Welp, thats RFU's top tier sponsor, this Ineos deal isn't... NZRU still looking for replacement for O2-level AIG, and Adidas locked in for $10m pa for 3 more years...

But I didn't mean poor as money, just poor as in sad and unloved by fellow countrymen with deep pockets.. ;)

Greenpeace seem thrilled eh? 
 

As for the RFU not feeling Jim’s love? You could say the same about every team or business he has invested in it isn’t based in the UK. 
Also I think the RFU are doing more than okay;-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Greenpeace seem thrilled eh? 
 

As for the RFU not feeling Jim’s love? You could say the same about every team or business he has invested in it isn’t based in the UK. 
Also I think the RFU are doing more than okay;-)

Well, there's nought wrong with single use plastic hazmat...pretty good handle for you really.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes that’s it I signed in under This username laying in  wait for years waiting for Jim Radcliffe to move INEOS into the sports world,  sponsor an AC team and multiple sporting organisations just so that my username would have a tenuous tie in

Dammit you got me;-) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

Also I think the RFU are doing more than okay;-)

We must have been watching different Six Nations ;-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

Oh this is just too fucking funny 

All the nasty Jim killing the planet chat but yeah Chuck the ABs 8mil a year and all is forgiven.. 

everyone has a price eh ;-) 

Nah, the dude is still a cock (most if not all Billionaires seem to be).

However who gives a fuck? Like most NZers, I never gave a fuck about what the "E" in ETNZ stood for so why would I give a fuck about INEOS.

Dunno why the fuck he is sponsoring any sports to be honest. It's not like INEOS is a consumer brand that will benefit greatly from mass exposure.

But hey, thanks for the money Jimbo.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, JALhazmat said:

Could be worse.. SA Rugby? 

The Lions ain't England but...

The Boks will get them...

Go Faffy!

image.png.1543141237ebcab4339921baffeefcf0.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rh3000 said:

The Lions ain't England but...

The Boks will get them...

Go Faffy!

image.png.1543141237ebcab4339921baffeefcf0.png

You in the ABE camp then? thought better of you than that ;-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, jaysper said:

It's not like INEOS is a consumer brand that will benefit greatly from mass exposure.

Not a consumer brand but it does need planning consents and the media exposure it gets tend to happen when its plants blow up. For instance https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/news/crime/ineos-handed-ps400000-fine-for-explosive-cloud-incident-at-grangemouth-3225944 

Petrochemicals giant Ineos has been fined £400,000 after gas leaked from a cracked pipe creating a potentially explosive cloud over its Grangemouth site.

Or https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13205775.revealed-catalogue-health-safety-breaches-ineos-grangemouth/

Oil and chemical plants run by INEOS at Grangemouth have breached health and safety regulations 34 times in the last four years, been officially condemned as "poor" for pollution for three years in a row, and seen more than 20 staff injured since the start of 2015.

So warmer and more cuddly press coverage could be welcome. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

You in the ABE camp then? thought better of you than that ;-)

I had to Google that lol...

Have no truck with England - I have a British Passport, was born in Cape Town, grew up in Auckland.

I think my allegiances are in that reverse order :-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, dogwatch said:

Not a consumer brand but it does need planning consents and the media exposure it gets tend to happen when its plants blow up. For instance https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/news/crime/ineos-handed-ps400000-fine-for-explosive-cloud-incident-at-grangemouth-3225944 

Petrochemicals giant Ineos has been fined £400,000 after gas leaked from a cracked pipe creating a potentially explosive cloud over its Grangemouth site.

Or https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13205775.revealed-catalogue-health-safety-breaches-ineos-grangemouth/

Oil and chemical plants run by INEOS at Grangemouth have breached health and safety regulations 34 times in the last four years, been officially condemned as "poor" for pollution for three years in a row, and seen more than 20 staff injured since the start of 2015.

So warmer and more cuddly press coverage could be welcome. 

So INEOS hygenics isn’t a consumer brand that can be bought by the public? INEOS automotive? that’s not going be be a consumer brand either? 
 

the plant  didnt blow up.. 

if your going to fling shit at least make sure to wear a glove. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

So INEOS hygenics isn’t a consumer brand that can be bought by the public? INEOS automotive? that’s not going be be a consumer brand either? 
 

the plant  didnt blow up.. 

if your going to fling shit at least make sure to wear a glove. 

Hygienics was more of an opportunity to help and get some good PR, I don't see that as genuine tent pole offering.

Grenadier for sure. Ineos Automotive? Hmmmm

But we don't need to debate it - they spell it all out here

 https://www.ineos.com/

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

Hygienics was more of an opportunity to help and get some good PR, I don't see that as genuine tent pole offering.

Grenadier for sure. Ineos Automotive? Hmmmm

But we don't need to debate it - they spell it all out here

 https://www.ineos.com/

 

 

Indeed, I used automotive as a catch all for the Grenadier 4x4 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, dogwatch said:

Not a consumer brand but it does need planning consents and the media exposure it gets tend to happen when its plants blow up. For instance https://www.falkirkherald.co.uk/news/crime/ineos-handed-ps400000-fine-for-explosive-cloud-incident-at-grangemouth-3225944 

Petrochemicals giant Ineos has been fined £400,000 after gas leaked from a cracked pipe creating a potentially explosive cloud over its Grangemouth site.

Or https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/13205775.revealed-catalogue-health-safety-breaches-ineos-grangemouth/

Oil and chemical plants run by INEOS at Grangemouth have breached health and safety regulations 34 times in the last four years, been officially condemned as "poor" for pollution for three years in a row, and seen more than 20 staff injured since the start of 2015.

So warmer and more cuddly press coverage could be welcome. 

Yeah, but it's a fuck of a lot of money for better press coverage.

Personally I think when Billionaires sponsor these things it's typically just a massive penis enhancer.

Look at me! I have a sports team!

Either way, I have zero time for people who take a moral high ground over a specific teams sponsor because if we stripped away all products from our life made by sketchy companies, we would end up in a cave without a pot to piss in.

I'm sure there are some exceptions which even I would balk at, but generally I try not to mount a high horse because I don't labour under the false pretenses of being morally superior to all others 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, rh3000 said:

I had to Google that lol...

Have no truck with England - I have a British Passport, was born in Cape Town, grew up in Auckland.

I think my allegiances are in that reverse order :-)

Your allegiance is to Auckland????

I will be talking to immigration about getting you deported! LOL!

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Your allegiance is to Auckland????

I will be talking to immigration about getting you deported! LOL!

I've lived 4 years in Wangaui, 2ish in Welly... over 20 in the big smoke :-)

Just over half a year in Tokyo, so maybe that sits somewhere on my list too lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, rh3000 said:

 

Have no truck with England - I have a British Passport, was born in Cape Town, grew up in Auckland.

Praat jy Afrikaans? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

^^^ I actually stayed up to watch this last night. Was a horrendous spectacle. Some of the most boring rugby ever played.

Suppose you watched the woman's rugby semi-final?

What a spectacle that was, and what an amazing bodies all of them!

NZ beat the Fijiana's in sudden death extra time, and fair enough, they were a bit faster and came quicker.

 Eventually Gold for New Zealand, beating France convincingly, and Bronze for Fiji, toying with their ex-colonials not so Great Britain...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Fiji Bitter said:

Suppose you watched the woman's rugby semi-final?

Yep.....Kiwis had a strong team that's been going well on the 7s circuit. Good to see Fiji pick up another medal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Horn Rock said:

^^^ I actually stayed up to watch this last night. Was a horrendous spectacle. Some of the most boring rugby ever played.

Unwatchable. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, JALhazmat said:

No rassie hour long diatribe this week? ;-) 

 

Unlikely, it appeared to achieve the desired outcome. ;-)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2021 at 4:10 AM, EYESAILOR said:

Do you have any evidence to  support your claim that he has an ego that is holding the team back?

 

suggest you go an have a look at Athena holdings...which is the company that hires and fires all the Ineos AC personnel and see who takes a rakeoff or two int the process.  Now BAinslie is a good sailor, but he's really in the AC for this own ends it would seem, and Ineos is the current sponsor.   Company reports make for some interesting reading.

Now that most members of the design team have departed - voluntarily or otherwise - the stories come out of how it was run.... and again are not a great reflection of team management.

Lucky old Alinghi have taken on Holroyd, but Luna Rossa has scooped up some key figures.  Stuck back in Pom Rock for a while yet it seems, it has been educational to catch up with some of those involved and hear how it was from the inside.    Committees beget camels:)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Stingray~ said:

They have?? Interesting. 

Very interesting. It appeared to me, Nick was on the right track with their 2nd hull design. Just not that far along. The rest of the setup was shite though, especially blades and sail cut & controls. Maybe they were the bits he contracted out, huh? ;-)

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

Nick was on the right track with their 2nd hull design

Not so sure which track Nick was on with B2 ugly dog track comes to mind.

Thankfully for the events credibility Daltons Dandies got to face the Handbags in the match rather than facing the Royal barge.

The Frackers obviously let Nick go for some solid reasoning Ernesto picked him up as the only AC design lead with a track record available and based on his dog cat experience he hasn’t learnt his lesson.

6F511EB3-C034-4BA9-AA3B-5B0E1EFFCAA4.thumb.jpeg.75cd1095cb9979fb5ed1bcc9222c1180.jpeg

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, GBH said:

suggest you go an have a look at Athena holdings...which is the company that hires and fires all the Ineos AC personnel and see who takes a rakeoff or two int the process.  Now BAinslie is a good sailor, but he's really in the AC for this own ends it would seem, and Ineos is the current sponsor.   Company reports make for some interesting reading.

Now that most members of the design team have departed - voluntarily or otherwise - the stories come out of how it was run.... and again are not a great reflection of team management.

Lucky old Alinghi have taken on Holroyd, but Luna Rossa has scooped up some key figures.  Stuck back in Pom Rock for a while yet it seems, it has been educational to catch up with some of those involved and hear how it was from the inside.    Committees beget camels:)

 

 

It was mentioned JR identified certain issues in a speech right after their last race and he doesn't seem the guy for camels. Merc's involvement looks significantly upscaled, maybe they think AC75's don't need a yacht designer as such when you have Merc as a full on partner. They'll have a shitload from Auckland and its Merc doing the engineering/design recruiting at the moment all based at Brackley not Camper.

"The Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team are joining forces with INEOS TEAM UK, as the Challenger of Record for the 37th America’s Cup competition"

Link to post
Share on other sites

@chesirecat

This looks very much like that the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team will take over the INEOS TEAM UK Design Team for AC37. Makes sense to jettison Nick Holroyd then. This is excatly like I predicted it would be after AC36 ended.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, GBH said:

suggest you go an have a look at Athena holdings...which is the company that hires and fires all the Ineos AC personnel and see who takes a rakeoff or two int the process.  Now BAinslie is a good sailor, but he's really in the AC for this own ends it would seem, and Ineos is the current sponsor.   Company reports make for some interesting reading.

Now that most members of the design team have departed - voluntarily or otherwise - the stories come out of how it was run.... and again are not a great reflection of team management.

Lucky old Alinghi have taken on Holroyd, but Luna Rossa has scooped up some key figures.  Stuck back in Pom Rock for a while yet it seems, it has been educational to catch up with some of those involved and hear how it was from the inside.    Committees beget camels:)

 

 

All the usual chat about insider chat and spilling the beans but not one person that crops up here offering the inside line EVER talks specifics or names names. Why is that? 
 

yes Athena holdings run it, they look after purchasing etc too and it’s not a huge secret. 
Taking a rake? It’s not a mob movie with illegal gambling ffs.

did you expect it was Jim running the team solo? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

When the designers should have their heads down designing (and the best design always wins) INEOS sheds it's design team!

When will Ben learn that to win you need a good boat. The UK boats for the last 2 cups have been woeful

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, dg_sailingfan said:

@chesirecat

This looks very much like that the Mercedes-AMG Petronas F1 Team will take over the INEOS TEAM UK Design Team for AC37. Makes sense to jettison Nick Holroyd then. This is excatly like I predicted it would be after AC36 ended.

WTF? This can't be real. You have a disaster of a design team and then replace it with people that have never designed boats and have a more than full time job to do already outside of the Cup? What part of your ass did you drag this out of?

Link to post
Share on other sites