• Replies 16.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's pissing down outside and yes, we are back to Level 3. To all those moaning and bitching about it and calling the PM childish names, get a grip, we are the luckiest people in the world right

They towed out around 11am and the breeze was light and puffy to start with. Foiled down the Channel and headed out to the Bays. The breeze started to build around midday and they got some long runs i

After many hours of consideration, a lot of in-depth research on the SA technical threads, extensive computational modelling and a few quick & dirty minutes in Photoshop, I have produced this anal

Posted Images

2 hours ago, kiwin said:

....................His downwind speed has always been remarkable..............

This has always been 'telling' to me. His ability to sail a boat (when needed) just that little bit deeper downwind is amazing, and whilst some might attribute it to boat design, I think it's more than that. A mix of ability and intuition maybe, but there was one critical moment in Bermuda where he soaked from beside to in front of Oracle, it was a spectacular.

On 2/7/2021 at 9:18 PM, Salty Seacock said:

Little blue penguin guts should always be scrubbed off before returning to port. 

Just imagine how much sea life these boats chop up each time they go out. I'm surprised there's not a bunch of hairy, vegan, lesbian, man hating bitches lined up and bra-less protesting these things. 

Scaredy-Kat-Pussy-Kat.jpg

image.png.85ed9e98c2f47467332fcdbaefefaaa9.png

3 hours ago, Forourselves said:

FFS. This is "Anarchy" but surely there are some things that aren't acceptable.

I've read the rules. If you're a Cindy fan then you're a deluded fucking fool. 

• Like 5
  • Downvote 4
22 hours ago, uflux said:

Upwind starts are a different ball game to a reaching drag race.

I am sure ETNZ have the legs to win the cup. But I am not so certain they will be race-ready to put the boat where they need it to be on day 1

I can see that happening. To speculate, lets say ENTZ have a small speed advantage going into the cup, but in the first 4 races, they win 1, and loose 3 due to racecraft, aggressive starts by the challenger etc.....and if the conditions then subsequently split between windy and low wind days, they could find themselves on the back foot. For ENTZ to loose, I think the challenge is going to need some luck, and they're going to have to win on those days when it is possible for them to win i.e. take every opportunity.  

42 minutes ago, Chris UK said:

I can see that happening. To speculate, lets say ENTZ have a small speed advantage going into the cup, but in the first 4 races, they win 1, and loose 3 due to racecraft, aggressive starts by the challenger etc.....and if the conditions then subsequently split between windy and low wind days, they could find themselves on the back foot. For ENTZ to loose, I think the challenge is going to need some luck, and they're going to have to win on those days when it is possible for them to win i.e. take every opportunity.  

Yeah looking at max’s interview ETNZ are much faster in a medium to strong breeze. May struggle in the light and be a bit uncontrolled in strong winds. So yeah I think conditions will be more if a factor than in Bermuda 

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Enzedel92 said:

Caption this:

231946FA-3EBA-4288-BA43-4CCEEA055D89.jpeg

He’s been staring at my tits an now he’s going for a grope, better get my capsicum spray out!

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Flags said:

This has always been 'telling' to me. His ability to sail a boat (when needed) just that little bit deeper downwind is amazing, and whilst some might attribute it to boat design, I think it's more than that. A mix of ability and intuition maybe, but there was one critical moment in Bermuda where he soaked from beside to in front of Oracle, it was a spectacular.

Race 9. OTUSAUS lead at Mark 1, ETNZ executed a 'no look' gybe. OTUSAUS were completely unprepared and scrambling to cover. That was the winning of the Cup. 

• Like 3
38 minutes ago, Jandals said:

Race 9. OTUSAUS lead at Mark 1, ETNZ executed a 'no look' gybe. OTUSAUS were completely unprepared and scrambling to cover. That was the winning of the Cup. 

And they were higher and faster upwind and lower downwind.   The pure VMG advantage was key 

• Like 6

Team New Zealand is seeking advice on the commercial landscape for the next America’s Cup as speculation swirls that the competition is being “shopped around” to overseas venues.

A well-placed source told the New Zealand Herald they understood Italian billionaire and businessman Matteo de Nora – the principal and long-time advocate of Team NZ – had been involved in considering potential venues outside this country for the next event.

https://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/2021/02/08/will-kiwis-lose-americas-cup-if-they-win/

3 minutes ago, Barnyb said:

Team New Zealand is seeking advice on the commercial landscape for the next America’s Cup as speculation swirls that the competition is being “shopped around” to overseas venues.

A well-placed source told the New Zealand Herald they understood Italian billionaire and businessman Matteo de Nora – the principal and long-time advocate of Team NZ – had been involved in considering potential venues outside this country for the next event.

https://www.sailingscuttlebutt.com/2021/02/08/will-kiwis-lose-americas-cup-if-they-win/

Yeah for the world series regattas....nothing to see here :lol:

• Like 1
7 hours ago, Salty Seacock said:

I've read the rules. If you're a Cindy fan then you're a deluded fucking fool. 

Cindy fan or no Cindy fan. I would hope any decent person would teach their kids not to talk this way about women, or anyone. It is completely unacceptable. Rules or no rules, pull your fucking head in!

• Like 5
1 hour ago, uflux said:

Yeah for the world series regattas....nothing to see here :lol:

I think you are wrong.

I suspect they will threaten this as a negotiating tactic and why not?

I'm not a huge fan of corporate welfare, but they have a fiduciary responsibility to the team and in this last cycle the government were able to take the venue for granted cos Dalton told them it would be Auckland regardless.

12 hours ago, Forourselves said:

FFS. This is "Anarchy" but surely there are some things that aren't acceptable.

Yeah, putting the Unicorn fluffers face in here is a travesty...

1 hour ago, jaysper said:

I think you are wrong.

I'm not a huge fan of corporate welfare, but they have a fiduciary responsibility to the team and in this last cycle the government were able to take the venue for granted cos Dalton told them it would be Auckland regardless.

That would be the best way to lose a shit load of goodwill around the taxpayers of the country. The non sailing punters are fans because when they win it brings the cup here. 

why not?

Because it would be the end of the team as we know it. Their supporters wouldn’t accept it, and I include myself in that gross generalisation.

Also:

- The home town advantage is too great (connection to the industry, cost, ability to sail on the race course)  

- It would turn the cup into the thing they’ve stood against in the past.

- They’re likely to lose a bunch of top sailors. The draw of national pride will be keeping many of them there. 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Ex-yachtie said:

Because it would be the end of the team as we know it. Their supporters wouldn’t accept it, and I include myself in that gross generalisation.

Also:

- The home town advantage is too great (connection to the industry, cost, ability to sail on the race course)  

- It would turn the cup into the thing they’ve stood against in the past.

- They’re likely to lose a bunch of top sailors. The draw of national pride will be keeping many of them there. 

I wasn't suggesting they actually leave. Only threaten to.

If they don't, they are like the Greens vs NZ First. Zero negotiating power cos Labour know they will always bend over and brace for impact.

2 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Cindy fan or no Cindy fan. I would hope any decent person would teach their kids not to talk this way about women, or anyone. It is completely unacceptable. Rules or no rules, pull your fucking head in!

I actually laughed out loud at your reply. 

Nice bait, but no bites.

1 minute ago, Salty Seacock said:

Nice bait, but no bites.

says more about you than anyone else. Typical piece of shit that thinks his shit comments are somehow funny or cool. Grow up dickhead.

14 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

says more about you than anyone else. Typical piece of shit that thinks his shit comments are somehow funny or cool. Grow up dickhead.

Some of my comments are funny and cool but, not all. Your name calling is not giving your self-imposed moral high ground position any credibility whatsoever. 

Perhaps you should ask your wife and kids how you should behave. No doubt, they dominate you. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 3
2 minutes ago, Salty Seacock said:

Some of my comments are funny and cool but, not all. Your name calling is not giving your self-imposed moral high ground position any credibility whatsoever. 

Perhaps you should ask your wife and kids how you should behave. No doubt, they dominate you. 

Ah, so you've moved on from misogynistic comments to insulting the wife and kids now? Yeah, you're definitely a piece of dog shit. 

If they don't, they are like the Greens vs NZ First. Zero negotiating power cos Labour know they will always bend over and brace for impact.

Mmmm labour same in Aus.    

And bending over the government when there is already not enough cash to go around is not going to make too many friends either. Incase you haven't noticed theres already a sizable chunk of people who think it's a bunch of rich jaffa cunts playing in expensive toys. 

12 hours ago, uflux said:

Yeah looking at max’s interview ETNZ are much faster in a medium to strong breeze. May struggle in the light and be a bit uncontrolled in strong winds. So yeah I think conditions will be more if a factor than in Bermuda 

I thought the quote was 12-13 knots was their fast fast range

7 hours ago, jaysper said:

Because its a super cunty move.

If its just ACWS stuff, fine.

If its really hosting rights then some people need to get fired, named and shamed out of polite company.

16 hours ago, Flags said:

there was one critical moment in Bermuda where he soaked from beside to in front of Oracle, it was a spectacular.

Huh, my soak clips at

are still live (and some have pretty high views :ph34r:)

IMO the Race 3 one is the cleanest, most aesthetically pleasing

Just cuts across right infront many degrees lower & slightly faster as if he's got completely different wind just meters apart.

Race 6 is the most shocking IMO.

Orifice is well ahead & to leeward on lay when out of nothing from 300m out and already 1/3 of the way across the gate he dove straight downwind, somehow made the gate & only lost 3kt boatspeed.

The race 9 one was a longer, multi-bite soak down most of the leg, impressive but I think not as much as Race 3 or 6.

I'm confident that PB will be bang on in the starts like last time (also note NO comments observing starting practice in that interview a bit back)

I'm not so confident the boat handling will be as slick, nor that there will be the kind of overtaking opportunities that were possible in Bermuda unless TR is really shockingly fast or the Challenger particularly accident/bad shift prone.

• Like 3
  • Downvote 1
9 hours ago, Salty Seacock said:

Nice bait, but no bites.

I am beginning to like you Salty. You upset all the people that I like to see offended.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, barfy said:

I thought the quote was 12-13 knots was their fast fast range

To what extent is local knowledge an advantage, if any? And I wonder to what extent that was factored into the design of TR. 

10 minutes ago, Paddywackery said:

To what extent is local knowledge an advantage, if any? And I wonder to what extent that was factored into the design of TR. 

None really. Meteorological records for many years would be available, and they would be more accurate than 'local knowledge' which tends to come with some surprisingly big biases at times. Where they do have an advantage is in only needing to optimise for the AC weather conditions, not the stronger winds that are more likely to happen during Prada cup as well

2 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

None really. Meteorological records for many years would be available, and they would be more accurate than 'local knowledge' which tends to come with some surprisingly big biases at times. Where they do have an advantage is in only needing to optimise for the AC weather conditions, not the stronger winds that are more likely to happen during Prada cup as well

That’s an interesting point you make about preparation for likely stronger winds during the Prada Cup. And it gives perspective to the points made about TR’s ‘suggested’ performance gap in higher wind ranges. 

10 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Ah, so you've moved on from misogynistic comments to insulting the wife and kids now? Yeah, you're definitely a piece of dog shit. 

Your abuse is incredibly poor as is your understanding of the word misogynistic. 

You display the very characteristics of a jumped up internet tough guy. How about you take a look in the mirror and tell yourself it's ok, that you're pretty and one day you'll be a real man. Work on it. 

Until then, you'll be the shouty little boy that you are. 

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1
22 minutes ago, enigmatically2 said:

I reject that comment. Local knowledge does not expressly stop one from looking at the met information and using it. Course C and D are fraught with many traps and tricks of current and land affected winds. Anyone who's sailed in this area many times will have an advantage over another who's only been here a few months. The NZ lads have many years sailing in exactly this location. They know it's tricky and it will be used to mess with Ineos in the AC. (LR doesn't stand a chance in the PC final). 

11 hours ago, Salty Seacock said:

Some of my comments are funny and cool

Sling yer hook twit you’re nothing but a potty mouth misogynistic homophobic racist definitely not funny nor cool.

Life is perfectible sadly in your case it’s patently obvious to many here it’s not nor ever will be.

• Like 4
41 minutes ago, Salty Seacock said:

I reject that comment. Local knowledge does not expressly stop one from looking at the met information and using it. Course C and D are fraught with many traps and tricks of current and land affected winds. Anyone who's sailed in this area many times will have an advantage over another who's only been here a few months. The NZ lads have many years sailing in exactly this location. They know it's tricky and it will be used to mess with Ineos in the AC. (LR doesn't stand a chance in the PC final). 

He and I were talking about designing the boat for a certain wind speed, not tactics. So your comment is irrelevant for that reason let alone any other

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Paddywackery said:

Not much local knowledge needed when bouncing off boundaries on what is a pretty tiny course for the boats. Headlands are headlands and gusts are gusts wherever you are. Perhaps there is some moding towards seasonal wind strengths is all that they could do.

• Like 2
Just now, pusslicker said:

I love when you two jack each other off.

I am beginning to like you puss as well.

7 hours ago, hoom said:

all valid
Huh, my soak clips at

are still live (and some have pretty high views :ph34r:)

IMO the Race 3 one is the cleanest, most aesthetically pleasing

Just cuts across right infront many degrees lower & slightly faster as if he's got completely different wind just meters apart.

Race 6 is the most shocking IMO.

Orifice is well ahead & to leeward on lay when out of nothing from 300m out and already 1/3 of the way across the gate he dove straight downwind, somehow made the gate & only lost 3kt boatspeed.

The race 9 one was a longer, multi-bite soak down most of the leg, impressive but I think not as much as Race 3 or 6.

I'm confident that PB will be bang on in the starts like last time (also note NO comments observing starting practice in that interview a bit back)

I'm not so confident the boat handling will be as slick, nor that there will be the kind of overtaking opportunities that were possible in Bermuda unless TR is really shockingly fast or the Challenger particularly accident/bad shift prone.

I really agree with you here.  Thank you for getting those clips to show PB (&GA?) 's ability to greatly improve VMG almost amazingly.  Lots of time the boats are too far apart to not discount different wind. but all those clips almost rule out that explanation.

I wonder what Stingers will have to say "Or is stil the fastest my data shows it!"  ?

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, Daniel Holman said:

Not much local knowledge needed when bouncing off boundaries on what is a pretty tiny course for the boats. Headlands are headlands and gusts are gusts wherever you are. Perhaps there is some moding towards seasonal wind strengths is all that they could do.

Look at @hoom above and use your brain.

• Like 1
15 hours ago, jaysper said:

If they are willing to use "moving the cup" for negotiating power then they have no loyalty in the first place.  If there is any truth to the rumor, then they have been playing the NZ fans and should return all public funds that were use to support the efforts.  It would be much worse than what any of the sailors have done by moving to other teams.

If it is just a ploy (like you think) then the officials will just call their bluff and have come crawling back with their tails between their legs.  You never threaten something you are not willing to do!

Anyway, it is the yacht club that controls the AC and it is up to them and not sailing team.

1 minute ago, The_Alchemist said:

If they are willing to use "moving the cup" for negotiating power then they have no loyalty in the first place.  If there is any truth to the rumor, then they have been playing the NZ fans and should return all public funds that were use to support the efforts.  It would be much worse than what any of the sailors have done by moving to other teams.

If it is just a ploy (like you think) then the officials will just call their bluff and have come crawling back with their tails between their legs.  You never threaten something you are not willing to do!

Anyway, it is the yacht club that controls the AC and it is up to them and not sailing team.

Yes, you can, it is called "bluffing"

10 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

Firstly, where is the loyalty from the Government and the council?

They have already told ETNZ to shift out of their current base.

Secondly, I think you will find that the yacht club has this power in name only and that ETNZ will have an iron clad contract that states that they have all the power.

The RNZYS are largely decorative.

22 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

What nonsense why would they return public money which was earmarked for this defence? Not the AC 37

4 hours ago, Priscilla said:

Sling yer hook twit you’re nothing but a potty mouth misogynistic homophobic racist definitely not funny nor cool.

Life is perfectible sadly in your case it’s patently obvious to many here it’s not nor ever will be.

Pffft.

26 minutes ago, jaysper said:

D’ya think? ;)

I could see an EmiratesTeam Dubai or Qatar soon. The staff at what is now ETNZ will still get paid, they will do it even if they have to ‘switch nationalities’ under the next Protocol.  

5 minutes ago, Stingray~ said:

D’ya think? ;)

I could see an EmiratesTeam Dubai or Qatar soon. The staff at what is now ETNZ will still get paid, they will do it even if they have to ‘switch nationalities’ under the next Protocol.  

Sorry Stinger, now THAT won't happen

All I am suggesting is that when you are in an abusive relationship where the other half know you won't leave, there is little incentive for them to get their shit together.

Time for the ignore function to be used, I swear that 90% of my blocks are in the AC forums.  Makes PA look civilised and grown up. 

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Sorry Stinger, now THAT won't happen

All I am suggesting is that when you are in an abusive relationship where the other half know you won't leave, there is little incentive for them to get their shit together.

Not sure who you are arguing is abusive in whatever relationship, but there’s simply no denying that lucrative sailors have been, and will surely continue to, pursue lucrative contracts even if that means for an international team. 

TE today displayed some pages from a document he got sent, a pretty slick one, about the venue shopping. It was (surprisingly to me) produced by an ‘Origin Sports’ outfit that is headed by one Sir Keith Mills. 

Sounds extremely dodgy to me, and would make no sense for ETNZ/ACE to be "venue shopping" in such a blatant way, behind the backs of the NZ govt and Auckland City, and before they even know they will have a Cup to defend.

Is this a hangover from the Mayo & Calder fiasco?

Edit: Or just another "one hears" pot-stir?

• Like 1

Stuff has picked up on the "INEOS now preferred COR" story from the LSD article, mentioning the potential for an associated World Series of AC75 events leading up to the next edition.

Perhaps these are what (London-based) Origin Sports is "shopping" around?

The cup isnt moving out of NZ however a lot of the spectator races might be moved over seas.  Of course ETNZ will want their share of money in allowing these events to happen.  If ETNZ tried to move the cup outside of NZ the government might have a say over this. Im sure that NZ government donations will have strings attached.

1 hour ago, weta27 said:

Sounds extremely dodgy to me, and would make no sense for ETNZ/ACE to be "venue shopping" in such a blatant way, behind the backs of the NZ govt and Auckland City, and before they even know they will have a Cup to defend.

Is this a hangover from the Mayo & Calder fiasco?

Edit: Or just another "one hears" pot-stir?

There's the little inconvenient matter of the long-term contractual commitment ETNZ have signed off on as part of the Auckland City deal over their base. None of these rumour-mongering NH muppets have bothered to check things out properly :lol:.

All wistful thinking by the losers...

If Emirates Team New Zealand were to base their operations in another country they wouldn't be Emirates Team New Zealand any longer. They are a massive team with a huge investment in a boat building facility, local named sponsors, intermediate sponsors and over 50 official suppliers. They would lose the support of local and central Government as well as the majority of the people of New Zealand. 

• Like 2

I have no idea if the cup will go elsewhere, but these Kiwis who think it can't possibly happen are living in a dream world.

I doubt ETNZ will get a deal good enough to pull them out of Auckland, but if you think it can't happen you're kidding yourself.

4 minutes ago, idontwan2know said:

I doubt ETNZ will get a deal good enough to pull them out of Auckland, but if you think it can't happen you're kidding yourself.

It would be suicide for ETNZ to take it outside NZ, and would make no sense to take it out of Auckland.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, weta27 said:

It would be suicide for ETNZ.

Elaborate? New Zealanders are famous for traveling the world. Seems like the team has had big support from people all over the country every time they went elsewhere to challenge. And the people managing the team have been very diplomatic and well received where they have gone to sail.

Salty pretty much says it all above.

If they tried to take the defense to an overseas venue ETNZ would lose too much - existing infrastructure, local and central government support, sponsorship, NZ public goodwill, etc., etc., etc.

• Like 4

ok retards, this is the scuttlebutt emanating from et, they are constantly improving, racing is a distraction from tech refinement. Prada cup, round robins etc thats weeks of NO development. These clever bunnies at ET are constantly upgrading and as you can see with the Benzit, small changes make massive differences. At this point cup retention is looking 51/49

4 hours ago, Stingray~ said:

D’ya think? ;)

You still seem confused enough to propogate the myth that Emirates is somehow about representing a country, rather than a company.

Your suggestion is akin to suggesting that AC Milan will relocate to Madinat Zayed, Arsenal FC to Abu Dhabi, Real Madrid C.F. to Ras Al Khaimah City, Hamburger SV to Hatta, S.L. Benfica to Dibba Al-Fujairah or perhaps an example you'll better understand the LA Dodgers to the Liwa Oasis, all because they bear the Emirates brand name.

Emirates sponsors global sports properties - which rightly includes some of the greatest sporting events and teams in the world, it just so happens that includes the greatest sailing team of the modern era too:

https://www.emirates.com/nz/english/about-us/our-communities/sponsorship/

• Like 2
1 hour ago, idontwan2know said:

It would be neither suicide nor non-sensical if enough money was on the table.

You people seem to think everything's about "the money". Anecdotally, Bernasconi was evidently handed a blank cheque and a blank sheet of paper to write his own numbers and his own contract respectively, and he stayed with ETNZ. Ditto with GAshby...You can't judge others by your own grubby money-infected values.

• Like 4
22 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

You still seem confused enough to propogate the myth that Emirates is somehow about representing a country, rather than a company.

To be fair to the poster, in the case of Emirates Group, it is in effect a country.  Emirates Group is  owned by the government of Dubai.

UAE money and NZ sailors is a potent combination.

31 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

Your suggestion is akin to suggesting that AC Milan will relocate to Madinat Zayed, Arsenal FC to Abu Dhabi, Real Madrid C.F. to Ras Al Khaimah City, Hamburger SV to Hatta, S.L. Benfica to Dibba Al-Fujairah or perhaps an example you'll better understand the LA Dodgers to the Liwa Oasis, all because they bear the Emirates brand name.

Emirates sponsors global sports properties - which rightly includes some of the greatest sporting events and teams in the world, it just so happens that includes the greatest sailing team of the modern era too:

And what tells you that the past dictates the future ? one of you other fallacy or did Ahmed tell you something  ?

2 minutes ago, IPLore said:

To be fair to the poster, in the case of Emirates Group, it is in effect a country.  Emirates Group is  owned by the government of Dubai.

UAE money and NZ sailors is a potent combination.

That it is a state owned enterprise like so many (Airbus etc), doesn't change anything about my point ;-)

• Like 2
9 hours ago, Salty Seacock said:

Course C and D are fraught with many traps and tricks of current and land affected winds. Anyone who's sailed in this area many times will have an advantage over another who's only been here a few months. 

Unless that another is Ben Ainslie and Giles Scott.

After months of practice and studying the data, they will know the course as well as anyone bt they will clear their heads, put it all in the background and sail with the conditions on the course that day. Nothing, quite nothing, can be as dangerous as local knowledge vs seeing what is actually there. AM had lots of local knowledge and they went the wrong way up the first beat vs Giles who saw pressure right and tacked away.

16 minutes ago, rh3000 said:

That it is a state owned enterprise like so many (Airbus etc), doesn't change anything about my point ;-)

Airbus is a public company accountable to private shareholders.

But I take your point, there are many state enterprises. In this case, the government chooses to channel uneconomic sponsorship through the group because it gets a better payback. But make no mistake, the Emirates love sports and they dont need the same economic rationale as some sponsors

Building lasting partnerships in the sport of kings

The Emirates brand has been synonymous with horse racing for many years. As true enthusiasts of the sport, today we are involved in some of the biggest carnivals and races around the world, i

image.thumb.png.1d96f046fcc41d7970082c6e443b51c1.png

image.png.51d28bc68cd3faa8bc2b40eb7406e3ba.png

Dont think for a moment that the Emirates Air Board sat round a table and said "sponsoring horse racing wil sell more seats"

Nope Sheik M likes horses and soccer and apparently New Zealand.

6 hours ago, Don said:

Yes, you can, it is called "bluffing"

Hey, I bluff all the time playing poker, but you have to be prepared to follow through with it if you get called.  If some yahoos on SAAC can "see through it" then everyone can see through it.  

Can you imagine the reaction of the NZ fanbase if they move the whole cup to the Middle East for more money?  You guys wouldn't even call a cab for some former NZ sailor"traitors" if they were bleeding to death on the side of the road!  They would be a team without a fanbase....  Completely against what all of you guys say that is great about the team.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, jaysper said:

Firstly, where is the loyalty from the Government and the council?

They have already told ETNZ to shift out of their current base.

Secondly, I think you will find that the yacht club has this power in name only and that ETNZ will have an iron clad contract that states that they have all the power.

That is very valuable seafront real estate.  Why would they hold it for an event that at best brings in some revenue once in four years?  The bases can easily be located in some other water front.  They also won't hold the room for the other competitor bases when they have no idea how many of if they will come.  It is like building a football stadium for just 1-2 months of games in four years. And is only if they keep winning or even have a team to compete....

The RNZYS is the yacht club that picks the team to sail in the AC!  They have the actual legal control over the event, not ETNZ!

34 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

Hey, I bluff all the time playing poker, but you have to be prepared to follow through with it if you get called.  If some yahoos on SAAC can "see through it" then everyone can see through it.  

Can you imagine the reaction of the NZ fanbase if they move the whole cup to the Middle East for more money?  You guys wouldn't even call a cab for some former NZ sailor"traitors" if they were bleeding to death on the side of the road!  They would be a team without a fanbase....  Completely against what all of you guys say that is great about the team.

Your first mistake was trying to judge us by your own money-obsessed dysfunctional society..