3 minutes ago, Mozzy Sails said:

Haha!

I used to have to clear the garden of dog shit, and thought the job would be more fun with the tractor. Which of course it was. But, unfortunately the bucket stank f shit from then on. 

But, I loved that thing.

Mine was like this. You will notice how far ahead of it's time it was, no hydraulics lines left dangling anywhere. 

Peg Perego John Deere Power Loader Tractor ride on toys UK

"DoG shit" would be more appropriate in this forum :D

• Replies 18.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's pissing down outside and yes, we are back to Level 3. To all those moaning and bitching about it and calling the PM childish names, get a grip, we are the luckiest people in the world right

Yes, quite light but I didn't see all the afternoon's sailing, can only comment on later in the day, when Britannia 2 was running a #1 jib and foiling around no problem. They look quite quick at times

Posted Images

5 hours ago, uflux said:

Oh yes as we all know the best tacker always wins the cup. I suggest you look at the BA interview from Planet Sail from today. They know how fast ETNZ is. Over 11knots he said Prada is toast.

Just watched that..at 18:00 ..they say the word "scary".

I see tab is still 1.5 on etnz to win...im not learned in tab, can you still make money?

53 minutes ago, minimumfuss said:

Not sure if posted.elsewhere.It doesn't look slow. FCS issue with LR on the tow or someone's having a larf. 

Almost makes me wish I still worked on the water in Auckland...

@MaxHugen maybe your foil plan view in this one.

And Martin, great footage, love the cu, but the sail is interesting as well.

Edit: footage gilles Martin-raget, not Martin sorry

5 hours ago, uflux said:

Oh yes as we all know the best tacker always wins the cup. I suggest you look at the BA interview from Planet Sail from today. They know how fast ETNZ is. Over 11knots he said Prada is toast.

Over 11 knots toast, under 12 kts toasting? PS At Ineos they thought they had an edge over LR as well, before the PC finals. Not a very reliable source I daresay.

1 hour ago, Mozzy Sails said:

Haha!

I used to have to clear the garden of dog shit, and thought the job would be more fun with the tractor. Which of course it was. But, unfortunately the bucket stank f shit from then on. 

But, I loved that thing.

Mine was like this. You will notice how far ahead of it's time it was, no hydraulics lines left dangling anywhere. 

Peg Perego John Deere Power Loader Tractor ride on toys UK

And thanks again for the time and effort you put into your vids..if you discuss topics that are underway on this pos all the better and good on ya. If you monitize and make a buck all the better. Fuck any naysayers that reckon sa owns the turds laid herewithin.

But you have to own your last prediction :lol:

6 minutes ago, barfy said:

Almost makes me wish I still worked on the water in Auckland...

@MaxHugen maybe your foil plan view in this one.

And Martin, great footage, love the cu, but the sail is interesting as well.

Edit: footage gilles Martin-raget, not Martin sorry

Watching these great videos merely adds to sense of anticipation. Now let's hope that the covid outbreak can be contained so everyone is dafe and well. Then we'll enjoy the racing all the more.

3 minutes ago, Paddywackery said:

Watching these great videos merely adds to sense of anticipation. Now let's hope that the covid outbreak can be contained so everyone is dafe and well. Then we'll enjoy the racing all the more.

I'm of the warm fuzzy feeling the guy was a low spreader and a week will be overkill...but go hard and early...I've lived by that but have always been later than early

Just now, barfy said:

I'm of the warm fuzzy feeling the guy was a low spreader and a week will be overkill...but go hard and early...I've lived by that but have always been later than early

Well here's hoping that you're right and that the abundance of caution pays off. The sight of the people out enjoying themselves around the races added to the spectacle...and gives the many of us locked up much needed hope.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, Paddywackery said:

Well here's hoping that you're right and that the abundance of caution pays off. The sight of the people out enjoying themselves around the races added to the spectacle...and gives the many of us locked up much needed hope.

Well I hope we will all enjoy a spectacle like a new years soon, not locked down, watching a huge party, ..when science beats this wee bug into submission. Stay well paddy.

54 minutes ago, barfy said:

Well I hope we will all enjoy a spectacle like a new years soon, not locked down, watching a huge party, ..when science beats this wee bug into submission. Stay well paddy.

Thanks barfy and you too stay well. There will come a day when we're free from all this stuff and much of what we took for granted will be cherished. Roll on the racing which will cheer us all up.

• Like 1

Sneaking inside the Kiwi Camp. Scaltro come una faina e agile con un ghepardo. In New Zealand Sailing Anarchy Camp everybody is sleeping. In this very moment Forourselves is dreaming Te Rehutai foiling at 80 kts upwind. Indio is busy in the usual dream of bombing the Prada Base. I have to be quick. In few hours the first human being to wake up in the entire country,  @jaysper will be here, so I must hurry.  :D I brought a huge banner. They will found it here in the morning. :D :D

1344355457_forzalunarossa.thumb.jpg.0b77eca37fb0c67a164f6a773e1d1d1e.jpg

• Like 16
18 minutes ago, strider470 said:

Sneaking inside the Kiwi Camp. Scaltro come una faina e agile con un leopardo. In New Zealand Sailing Anarchy Camp everybody is sleeping. In this very moment Forourselves is dreaming Te Rehutai foiling at 80 kts upwind. Indio is busy in the usual dream of bombing the Prada Base. I have to be quick. In few hours the first human being to wake up in the entire country,  @jaysper will be here, so I must hurry.  :D I brought a huge banner. They will found it here in the morning. :D :D

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha 

13 hours ago, Ncik said:

They could always do a bogus AC in 6-12 months for minimum $$$ and deliberately lose to their chosen benefactor club in exchange for an ETNZ payday. As long as the other deed criteria are met, it is probably cheaper than lawyers fees.

Learn your basics: only FOREIGN clubs can challenge for the cup

12 hours ago, hoom said:

6: never ever come back to NZ because you & the crew will go down as probably the most hated Cunty PoS in NZ sporting history.

This sort of self-dealing was explicitly ruled unacceptable in GGYC vs SNG.

Indeed. BTW, I wonder if Emirates has a ligit YC.

3 hours ago, strider470 said:

Sneaking inside the Kiwi Camp. Scaltro come una faina e agile con un ghepardo. In New Zealand Sailing Anarchy Camp everybody is sleeping. In this very moment Forourselves is dreaming Te Rehutai foiling at 80 kts upwind. Indio is busy in the usual dream of bombing the Prada Base. I have to be quick. In few hours the first human being to wake up in the entire country,  @jaysper will be here, so I must hurry.  :D I brought a huge banner. They will found it here in the morning. :D :D

here's a view you'll have to get used to...

yysw308433.jpg

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Forourselves said:

here's a view you'll have to get used to...

yysw308433.jpg

ETNZ is fast, and I doubt they will be overlapped, but if you say so... :D   I thought you were more optimistic. :D :D

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, strider470 said:

ETNZ is fast, and I doubt they will be overlapped, but if you say so... :D   I thought you were more optimistic. :D :D

Probably taken just after the start ;)

8 hours ago, Nutta said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT8cNtIOO8gRADk-aEQ-Fc

Sigh...

Fond memories of those of us that ran with a tractor avatar here for a while back then, mine was a police tractor :lol:

Yeah yeah.... Te Rehutai is super fast and unbeatable, just like AM after the ACWS, and Ineos after the RR.. we'll know the truth soon enough ;) 

4 minutes ago, Zaal said:

Yeah yeah.... Te Rehutai is super fast and unbeatable, just like AM after the ACWS, and Ineos after the RR.. we'll know the truth soon enough ;) 

My odds are 70% ETNZ and 30% LR. Much closer if the wind will be very light. But never say never.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, strider470 said:

They’re just doing what they did at the top mark of race 2 in Bermuda, giving Jimmy a sniff only to leave him wallowing off the foils in no wind while they take off to a 500m lead lol

10 hours ago, strider470 said:

Over 11 knots toast, under 12 kts toasting? PS At Ineos they thought they had an edge over LR as well, before the PC finals. Not a very reliable source I daresay.

I don't remember BA ever suggesting that..but I am certain that they know more about ETNZ than anyone on this forum :rolleyes:

6 minutes ago, weta27 said:

The skins appear to be designed to seal with the deck?

I think they have had what appears to be no more than flexible "flaps" at the base of the sail skins for a while now?

On 2/28/2021 at 3:36 PM, Zeusproject said:

9FFF77A9-FB1A-4823-A72B-73F02C3A03F1.jpeg

The pitting pattern is interesting in this picture.  Could they have a flap rotational axis above the plane of the foil that allows a cavitation bubble to form between the foil and the flap?

5 minutes ago, Zeusproject said:

7 to 1 to kiwis yep

Depends on your point of view?  On the Italian thread it will be different?

16 hours ago, Priscilla said:

Pretty sophisticated bit of kit that John Deere of yours compared to my ride.

I feel your loss.

463FF5FF-5911-40F8-BDAA-ACF7B14F9370.jpeg.5e6dcf1891e84a75e730ed428ddb229c.jpeg

Farmall?

• Like 1

The Herald is discussing today what we on SA discussed yesterday!

"But on the other hand, when we go and watch the Kiwis sail they can turn on some really impressive performances.

"What we've seen of them, their performance is pretty scary. If we had of ended up racing as the challenger, we'd have been quite intimidated by some of the performances we've seen.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/americas-cup-2021-team-new-zealand-boat-described-as-scary-by-eliminated-challengers-ineos-team-uk/KNTGNKFTMCFOWDLVA4CDGXEY74/?fbclid=IwAR0H4Grj5A6Dxy3P1tOVZPX0BIUeq9DIkTJ3wFb2OiIRA61m1lLKZ1SBEZ0

1 hour ago, Sailbydate said:

Farmall?

Triang they had a Super power drive model as well.

static1.squarespace.thumb.jpg.b29f454bf8c4f0a371c00111c39a74b5.jpg

The Farmall was a bit more upmarket.

17.-Tabor-Tractors-Farmall-Pedal-Tractor.jpg.0aa1605c69439442708090f122cfd2b7.jpg

International was a pretty reliable bit of kit as well.

H2078-L150281291.thumb.jpg.079ea2ef2f69f2b93ea8b67cb4466dcc.jpg

• Like 2

Is this why they are so fast :rolleyes:Watch right  through to the AI technology :ph34r:

• Like 2
13 minutes ago, uflux said:

Is this why they are so fast :rolleyes:

Hahaha! One interesting aspect of the rumoured 60-knt speed achieved by TR is that the Italians have neither confirmed nor denied it, and yet if anyone outside ETNZ would know - the Italian spying chase boat operators who shadow TR everywhere, would. Says something...

To use AI to work out how to sail the boat faster than the sailors. Then use that to teach the sailors how to sail faster is possibly going to be the most revolutionary aspect of this cup cycle. Even apart from it's ability to test foil designs without using the sailors time 

• Like 5
11 hours ago, winchfodder said:

Any idea whether they are Y or T foils?

More robust - useful in frozen water too...

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7aHawq8TpRsOlUIx9t_v

57 minutes ago, Indio said:

Hahaha! One interesting aspect of the rumoured 60-knt speed achieved by TR is that the Italians have neither confirmed nor denied it, and yet if anyone outside ETNZ would know - the Italian spying chase boat operators who shadow TR everywhere, would. Says something...

I heard they achieved around 60 kts, max 62.

So Max is 2 kts faster :)

• Like 4
On 2/28/2021 at 10:18 PM, Indio said:

Stop yakking through your butt hole and read the Deed. Conspiracy addiction must be a cultural thing with you muppets..

It'll not only fly, it's perfectly legal under the Deed!! But it'll never happen...

Go ahead and fling personal insults, that is how some think they win debates/discussions.  It only established the character of the speaker....

23 hours ago, Ncik said:

Um, isn't $100M about the budget for each team this round?

The discussion was centered around someone giving all that money to a team with a made up yacht club and no country of home grown fans....

Yes, you are right, but the point was who is going to fork over that kind of money to team with no built in fanbase and thus no source of revenue for the advertising dollars...

11 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

The discussion was centered around someone giving all that money to a team with a made up yacht club and no country of home grown fans....

Yes, you are right, but the point was who is going to fork over that kind of money to team with no built in fanbase and thus no source of revenue for the advertising dollars...

Ego alone is not a big enough reason? 

No wonder these guys are almost unbeatable.! So they use AI to get the simulator smarter and beating the sailors at their own game. Every little mod is tested through simulation and AI to see if it's better or worse. This is so powerful this time around with such a high tech and new design like the AC75, it shortens the learning curve dramatically. Given this is always a game about time with the boats getting better every week this sort of approach gives them a huge advantage if the other teams aren't doing the same? 

• Like 2
41 minutes ago, Jandals said:

I'm sorry but have we all just skipped passed Elise Beavis??? 

She's one smart cookie.! And a sailor too which always helps. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Barnyb said:

Editor: "We need something to fill the few spaces between the ads - keep scouring that SAAC forum..."

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, terrafirma said:

She's one smart cookie.! And a sailor too which always helps. 

We need Ms Beavis for the SAAC AC37 Challenge!  ;)

2 hours ago, Barnyb said:

"But on the other hand, when we go and watch the Kiwis sail they can turn on some really impressive performances.

"What we've seen of them, their performance is pretty scary. If we had of ended up racing as the challenger, we'd have been quite intimidated by some of the performances we've seen.

https://www.nzherald.co.nz/sport/americas-cup-2021-team-new-zealand-boat-described-as-scary-by-eliminated-challengers-ineos-team-uk/KNTGNKFTMCFOWDLVA4CDGXEY74/?fbclid=IwAR0H4Grj5A6Dxy3P1tOVZPX0BIUeq9DIkTJ3wFb2OiIRA61m1lLKZ1SBEZ0

Yes the scary thing is what worries me for Luna Rossa's chances and their supporters? Everybody says Luna Rossa looks smooth and agile but they never say scary and neither did Grant Simmer and Ben Ainslie. "SCARY TR is coming your way". Love the way Glen Ashby squashed the rumor about them hitting the 60 Knot barrier.

48 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

It appears we're on different pages.

1. Billionaires want a bigger and "better" AC.
  2. But ETNZ keep fucking winning.
  3. Offer ETNZ a fuck load of cash to lose this AC. (bad juju so no go)
  4. Buy ETNZ talent (bad juju so no go, refer to Alinghi saga)
  5. Offer ETNZ a fuck load of cash (or not) to "lose" the next (cheap) AC and hand over running of the event to a legit, but poodle, club.
    1. Make it look like a stupid DoG match, run through the courts for show.
  6. Create the AC as an F1 clone.
  7. Everyone is somewhat happy to see a bigger and "better" AC. Especially the sailors who continue to have a very good job, and the billionaires get their major event.

Just speculation of course.

56 minutes ago, The_Alchemist said:

Speed Calcs:

Blitz?

It's just maths.   In pseudo computer code:

IF ( Position = StartLine AND LR > TR ) THEN
    IF ( Position = First Cross AND LR > TR ) THEN
        IF ( Tack|Gybe = All AND LR > TR ) THEN           
            LR = 1;       
ELSE 
    TR = 1;

:lol:

• Like 3

An old workmate sailor who lives at Beachlands has been watching TNZ sailing through the waters out front. He just happens to be a former RNZ navigator with some pretty good trigonometry skills. I've asked him a few times about judging speed from a single fixed point over an estimated distance. I got a complex answer and examples from the German method used by U-boat skippers in WW2. 

The point he nailed me with was that telling a speed difference between 40 and 50 knots at a distance of 1 NM is simple to see. "Just get them to sail the same line twice, once at 40 knots and once at 50 knots. You'll be able to tell the difference then".

Maths nerds have always frustrated me.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, MaxHugen said:

We need Ms Beavis for the SAAC AC37 Challenge!  ;)

On 11/11/2020 at 8:16 AM, Priscilla said:

SAAC AC B2 Te Wally nearing completion.

Note the revolutionary serpentine rudder assembly.

.18F18B26-AE02-4612-8C38-3414B3A4B69E.jpeg.4b342f649616897829493f46e337cb7c.jpeg

I don't know that adding a supercomputer to the design team will improve the SAAC prototype. A name for the boat would be a good start or there will be a (further) curse put upon it. Elise can have naming rights if she can explain to me why 87 degrees of mast rake is necessary

11 hours ago, weta27 said:

The skins appear to be designed to seal with the deck?

DSC_6289.JPG

Maintains a seal as the clew rises and falls.

It’s beginning to feel like there won’t be many stones unturned.

2 hours ago, The_Alchemist said:

Speed Calcs:

sec      speed

0:11     32.6 knots

1:49     36.6 knots

5:38     34.5 knots

5:49     37.7 knots

Blitz?

Great look at the sail plan and the twist at the 3.30 minute mark. Impressive

8 minutes ago, Priscilla said:

What a sad situation. Is the NZHerald the main NZ newspaper? I heard many people here saying that the NZH is not very good. My impression from the outside is not bad though.

3 minutes ago, strider470 said:

What a sad situation. Is the NZHerald the main NZ newspaper? I heard many people here saying that the NZH is not very good. My impression from the outside is not bad though.

Just another tabloid 

Just now, strider470 said:

The NZH is fast eroding any respectable journalistic credibility. They have targeted ETNZ for years and claimed all sorts of scandal that, everytime is found to be baseless.

I wouldn't give them the steam off my piss. There's plenty of credible places to get your daily spiel from. The bouncer outside the casino knows more of what's going on than the NZH. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, uflux said:

Just another tabloid 

Is there a better kiwi news source? NZH seem to really push their online presence, would love to know what the good alternatives are

1 minute ago, Salty Seacock said:

The NZH is fast eroding any respectable journalistic credibility. They have targeted ETNZ for years and claimed all sorts of scandal that, everytime is found to be baseless.

I wouldn't give them the steam off my piss. There's plenty of credible places to get your daily spiel from. The bouncer outside the casino knows more of what's going on than the NZH. 

Can you suggest some more reliable sources of information? I like to read local points of view.

6 minutes ago, strider470 said:

terrible outfit. clickbait, headlines that misrepresent the story,  a stable of on the take "commentators",  just the worst propaganda .   and yes for all that its one of the better outfits in good ole NZ...... we are not well served here