@Forourselves
 maybe I lost some comments, but I couldn't find anything from you regarding competing in the Match under Covid Level 2, and with exemption asked by none other than ACE for level 3. So let's talk again about Italian hounour and respect. You are allowed to search your previous comments on the subject. You are always so keen on throwing shit against Luna Rossa that I can't honestly understand you. We are, all of us, passionate supporters of our own teams, Kiwis and Italians, and we can  cheer the ones without necessarily spoiling the others. Of course this is Anarchy, and you are completely entitled to continue on your line, as I am, to call it bullshit when deserved. So my proposal (I don't want to marry you, eh :D ) is to bury the hatchet and enjoy together the beautiful races to come.

• Like 8
  • Replies 17.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's pissing down outside and yes, we are back to Level 3. To all those moaning and bitching about it and calling the PM childish names, get a grip, we are the luckiest people in the world right

Yes, quite light but I didn't see all the afternoon's sailing, can only comment on later in the day, when Britannia 2 was running a #1 jib and foiling around no problem. They look quite quick at times

They towed out around 11am and the breeze was light and puffy to start with. Foiled down the Channel and headed out to the Bays. The breeze started to build around midday and they got some long runs i

Posted Images

14 hours ago, IPLore said:

Dalts is focused on successfully defending AC 36

He will be planning what to do if ETNZ wins. He will already have spoken to his sponsors to see what brings them back. I dont think he is looking for $20 million for himself.....it is more the question of funding the entire team in a professional sport.

Listen, if ETNZ wins this one, it will be an amazing triumph. NZ celebrates being the most successful country in the AC post the 12 meter era .

NZ has been in 7 out of the 8 AC cup finals since the 12 meters (excluding DoG matches) . No country comes close. if NZ wins, they will have won it 4 times .  In an event where money is supposed to be one of the deciding factors with a billionaires playground,,,,,,one of the tiniest countries in the world has done exceptional things.

This level of success is going to generate different future directions.

Agreed. In a game populated by billionaires like Koch, Bertarelli, Bertelli, Ellison, Ratcliffe, Tornquist (who he?) etc, the success of the NZ AC teams stand out as the exception.

The reasons I think we can all agree comes down to national pride and sailing and marine engineering talent. They work as team to win on the water, not as individuals looking for cash and glory.

I believe GD's plan, as I think ETNZ will win, will be to make the 37th defence happen as soon as possible in three or even two years. This ensures continuity of employment for his team and maximises the benefits to NZ and Auckland in particular.

This means that he will need to keep the same design, with tweaks, and Auckland as the venue (the team base infrastructure is all in place). 

Changing design and setting up a new offshore venue would take up too much time, losing momentum and creating delays. 

As part of this plan he will want to aim for at least the same number of challengers and probably can expect one or two more. 

So he will be looking for a hip pocket challenge to make COR who sees the same vision. The RYS look interested. Ratcliffe is a bit off the pace with the AC with his ideas to make it some sort of F1 circus with more 'fairness' (read: please give me a chance to win),  but I guess GD knows how to tell him how it is and his ego will prevail. 

If not LR might come back if they win a race or two despite the Tina factor.  

NYYC look a bit flaky as we have not heard one squeak from their three failed billionaires.

GD might even have something in his pocket, you never know.

His real problem will once again be raising cash for his team and the event.

• Like 4
12 hours ago, jaysper said:

I doubt that they consider it "big cheque".

I have no idea how much they pay, but would imagine it's about $40 million which split over 3 or 4 years is relatively fuck all.

the 'fuck all' in marketing is not measured in absolute numbers, but by any potential returns gained by the sponsoring.

If the returns don't match the investment, they quit, easy as that

15 hours ago, jaysper said:

Honestly, if in the position as defender I would simply reject any challenge from Alinghi.

Ernie made Lazza look like a fucking saint.

I am lost in history.

Its interesting to hear the likes of TE and Hamish Ross extolling the wonders of the IAAC class regattas in San Deigo, Auckland and Valencia being up there with the 12mR, when TE managed to destroy the class to play to Lazza's ego by wasting time and money on court leading to a ridiculous one sided tri vs cat competition. Since then the class has changed every Cup increasing cost and uncertainty, limiting the number of challengers. 

So who is the villain? For me Ernesto created an excellent event in Valencia and would have continued to build the class and the number of challengers if the ego and cash of Lazza had not stepped in.

Or have I got it all wrong?

3 minutes ago, winchfodder said:

I am lost in history.

Its interesting to hear the likes of TE and Hamish Ross extolling the wonders of the IAAC class regattas in San Deigo, Auckland and Valencia being up there with the 12mR, when TE managed to destroy the class to play to Lazza's ego by wasting time and money on court leading to a ridiculous one sided tri vs cat competition. Since then the class has changed every Cup increasing cost and uncertainty, limiting the number of challengers. 

So who is the villain? For me Ernesto created an excellent event in Valencia and would have continued to build the class and the number of challengers if the ego and cash of Lazza had not stepped in.

I think the Kiwis deeply hate him for having bought half their 2000 team to build Alinghi

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, winchfodder said:

I am lost in history.

I think you have got it wrong Winch.

Rather than continuing along the line of Valencia, Bertarelli tried to make a complete powergrab by using a sham CoR, completely sidestepping all existing teams and basically trying to run the whole event by himself. 

When TE and LE objected and won their case to become recognized as the actual challenger, they approached EB to organize the event along IDENTICAL lines to AC32 (Valencia). EB then threw his toys out of the pram and refused to even try to achieve any form of mutual consent for AC33. This inevitably lead to the match along DoG lines, including both the type of boats and courses sailed.

The only reason that match turned out to be one-sided is the bold choices made by Team Oracle in going for the wing masted tri, rather than the conservative approach taken by Alinghi with A5

Thanks to that choice, and TNZ equally bold choice to build a foiling AC72, we now have the Cup we know today.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, strider470 said:

I think the Kiwis deeply hate him for having bought half their 2000 team to build Alinghi

correct, but for me even  more so for being such a cheating cunt. 

Lazza is a prize cunt in his own right, but he saved the AC from Ernie and put on a relatively fair event.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, winchfodder said:

I am lost in history.

1 hour ago, alphafb552 said:

I think you have got it wrong Winch.

Rather than continuing along the line of Valencia, Bertarelli tried to make a complete powergrab by using a sham CoR, completely sidestepping all existing teams and basically trying to run the whole event by himself. 

When TE and LE objected and won their case to become recognized as the actual challenger, they approached EB to organize the event along IDENTICAL lines to AC32 (Valencia). EB then threw his toys out of the pram and refused to even try to achieve any form of mutual consent for AC33. This inevitably lead to the match along DoG lines, including both the type of boats and courses sailed.

The only reason that match turned out to be one-sided is the bold choices made by Team Oracle in going for the wing masted tri, rather than the conservative approach taken by Alinghi with A5

Thanks to that choice, and TNZ equally bold choice to build a foiling AC72, we now have the Cup we know today.

Plus, Ernesto wanted to change the class after AC32. It was always good-bye to the IAAC after VLC.

2 hours ago, alphafb552 said:

the 'fuck all' in marketing is not measured in absolute numbers, but by any potential returns gained by the sponsoring.

If the returns don't match the investment, they quit, easy as that

As it has always been. 

However the original comment i responded to was clearly referring to the magnitude of the absolute  number which is why I addressed that.  

I have talked to a number of ETNZ staff over the years. I have never heard spoken a single bad word regarding Dalton. He is an effective leader, well liked and respected by those who work with him. He is also amazingly good at bringing in sponsorship deals, and fully earns whatever his pay is with this talent alone. Who else could bring in the cash to keep TNZ afloat? Difficult when defending, but very difficult when challenging. 

• Like 4
19 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

Plus, Ernesto wanted to change the class after AC32. It was always good-bye to the IAAC after VLC.

What class was EB thinking? Foiling Lac Leman day racers?

3 minutes ago, winchfodder said:

What class was EB thinking? Foiling Lac Leman day racers?

No, it was a bigger displacement mono. I would need to dig deep in my archives to come up with a rendering, so maybe someone (Stingray?) is faster.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Rennmaus said:

No, it was a bigger displacement mono. I would need to dig deep in my archives to come up with a rendering, so maybe someone (Stingray?) is faster.

What were his arguments for dumping the IAAC class.

Make it more expensive to drive away challengers? 

Make it more spectacular?

He was bored with the IAAC's?

1 minute ago, winchfodder said:

What were his arguments for dumping the IAAC class.

Make it more expensive to drive away challengers? 

Make it more spectacular?

He was bored with the IAAC's?

The class was engineered to death. Millions were spent for a quarter knot improvement. They became boring and old-fashioned.

Here something about the AC class that never was:
https://www.americascup.com/en/social-news/58_AC90-THE-AMERICAS-CUP-CLASS-THAT-NEVER-WAS

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Rennmaus said:

The class was engineered to death. Millions were spent for a quarter knot improvement. They became boring and old-fashioned.

https://www.americascup.com/en/social-news/58_AC90-THE-AMERICAS-CUP-CLASS-THAT-NEVER-WAS

Interesting. So it seems that LE was not so much trying to rescue the Cup from EB (who had conducted two series and for the first time made a profit and paid out to the challengers), but was fed up with losing and decided to just buy it?

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, winchfodder said:

Interesting. So it seems that LE was not so much trying to rescue the Cup from EB (who had conducted two series and for the first time made a profit and paid out to the challengers), but was fed up with losing and decided to just buy it?

That can be one way to see it.
The other is that SNG agreed the new protocol with a made-up challenger CNEV (not having the annual regatta yet), and the new protocol was a template for control freakery. If Ernie had left the AC32 protocol in place, as requested by Larry - with or without the new class - and, just to be sure, allowed only a Deed compliant challenger to challenge, everything would have been fine. 

He made two mistakes:
1) Write a very lopsided protocol
2) "Choose" a non-compliant CoR, that opened the door for GGYC's/Larry's rogue challenge

The rest is history.

Ernie and his lawyers were so stupid that I hope, he'll stay out of the AC for good. Apparently, that won't happen, tho.

• Like 2
8 hours ago, strider470 said:

Whether ETNZ wins or loses it, I'm pretty sure in the long run GD will regret throwing away 20 years of good relationships with Luna Rossa and Bertelli, and switching alliances with characters like Ratcliffe.

Yep, this might be the biggest tragedy of this cup.

To be fair, nobody here knows for sure who really caused the rift and undoubtedly there is fault on both sides. However, knowing what we know of GD I suspect more blame lies with him than Bertelli.

Given all the help GD has received over the years, I would have hoped that he would remember this and not only been friendly but even a little accommodating towards them.

• Downvote 1
3 minutes ago, jaysper said:

Yep, this might be the biggest tragedy of this cup.

To be fair, nobody here knows for sure who really caused the rift and undoubtedly there is fault on both sides. However, knowing what we know of GD I suspect more blame lies with him than Bertelli.

Given all the help GD has received over the years, I would have hoped that he would remember this and not only been friendly but even a little accommodating towards them.

Apart from trying to win the Cup in every legal way, (honestly that's why we are participating) I don't see why blaming Luna Rossa.

4 hours ago, strider470 said:

@Forourselves
 maybe I lost some comments, but I couldn't find anything from you regarding competing in the Match under Covid Level 2, and with exemption asked by none other than ACE for level 3. So let's talk again about Italian hounour and respect. You are allowed to search your previous comments on the subject. You are always so keen on throwing shit against Luna Rossa that I can't honestly understand you. We are, all of us, passionate supporters of our own teams, Kiwis and Italians, and we can  cheer the ones without necessarily spoiling the others. Of course this is Anarchy, and you are completely entitled to continue on your line, as I am, to call it bullshit when deserved. So my proposal (I don't want to marry you, eh :D ) is to bury the hatchet and enjoy together the beautiful races to come.

Would I prefer the match to be held under level 1? YES. Do we see LR push back when the match was postponed like they did when the final was to be postponed? NO. Did we see one post, one comment from Luna Rossa regarding sticking to rules and having the match go ahead on March 6th? NO. 

LR shot themselves in the foot. Thats the reality of it. You can go ahead thinking sunshine and rainbows if you like, that's your choice. But I'm calling Bullshit as I am entitled to do also. LR burned their bridges with every team this cycle.

2 minutes ago, strider470 said:

Apart from trying to win the Cup in every legal way, (honestly that's why we are participating) I don't see why blaming Luna Rossa.

I'm not blaming them, simply saying that both parties will share some blame.

I've never known an argument where one side was 100% correct.

Agreed, 20 years of commitment are not discarded lightly. 

I would not be surprised if the differences are ironed out, and in the event of ETNZ maintaining the Cup, LR returns as Cor.

4 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Would I prefer the match to be held under level 1? YES. Do we see LR push back when the match was postponed like they did when the final was to be postponed? NO. Did we see one post, one comment from Luna Rossa regarding sticking to rules and having the match go ahead on March 6th? NO. 

LR shot themselves in the foot. Thats the reality of it. You can go ahead thinking sunshine and rainbows if you like, that's your choice. But I'm calling Bullshit as I am entitled to do also. LR burned their bridges with every team this cycle.

Let me check the bullshitometer...

bullshit.jpg.da1bc3ddb21769b0866176808cdfa92e.jpg

I'm sorry, try again.

• Like 3
4 minutes ago, mauriciogfj said:

Agreed, 20 years of commitment are not discarded lightly. 

I would not be surprised if the differences are ironed out, and in the event of ETNZ maintaining the Cup, LR returns as Cor.

I doubt it.

GD doesn't strike me as the sort of person who mends fences.

He presumably feels slighted in some way and has a legendary ability to hold a grudge. Its his biggest failing IMO.

16 minutes ago, jaysper said:

I doubt it.

GD doesn't strike me as the sort of person who mends fences.

He presumably feels slighted in some way and has a legendary ability to hold a grudge. Its his biggest failing IMO.

May be. But the recent declared bullshit intentions of Ineos about "leveling the playing field" does not help to endear them in Grant' eyes. Or does it?

24 minutes ago, strider470 said:

Let me check the bullshitometer...

bullshit.jpg.da1bc3ddb21769b0866176808cdfa92e.jpg

I'm sorry, try again.

"I'm sorry, try again."

Thats exactly what Dalton will be saying to LR after this weekend.

2 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

"I'm sorry, try again."

Thats exactly what Dalton will be saying to LR after this weekend.

BullshitButton-main.thumb.jpg.0abbb7b30d71cabdbdcf1a72edac2209.jpg

2 minutes ago, Forourselves said:

Try this then... LR have NEVER beaten Team NZ.

Ireland had never beaten the All Blacks until 2016. It took 111 years, but they got there. First time for everything. 

• Like 2
15 minutes ago, kenergy said:

Ireland had never beaten the All Blacks until 2016. It took 111 years, but they got there. First time for everything. 

True, and we had to go to America to do it :P

• Like 2

So, the wind is looking better for Wednesday. NW and around 15 knots at race time.

This thing is finally getting serious. All of the efforts what with the dissection, the video, the sneeky pictures and the rhetoric from all of you here has been entertaining but, now it's up to the men and women of these teams to see who actually has the minerals, skills and gear to pull this thing off.

May the very best team win.

And after. We start all over again.

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Salty Seacock said:

So, the wind is looking better for Wednesday. NW and around 15 knots at race time.

This thing is finally getting serious. All of the efforts what with the dissection, the video, the sneeky pictures and the rhetoric from all of you here has been entertaining but, now it's up to the men and women of these teams to see who actually has the minerals, skills and gear to pull this thing off.

May the very best team win.

And after. We start all over again.

Back from your sabbatical Salty .... you missed all the fun when we were locked out of SA. Good to hear the wind sounds promising for the racing. It’s been a while. 

4 hours ago, strider470 said:

Some do. But a definite minority I think, Strider.

Others of us appreciate understand the commercial realities of the modern sailing world.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Rennmaus said:

From memory, Ernie already had the specs for a 90-footer all laid out if their puppet YC had not got sprung by NYSC over "having" :D

1 minute ago, Indio said:

From memory, Ernie already had the specs for a 90-footer all laid out if their puppet YC had not got sprung by NYSC over "having" :D

Ernie had a lot of plans that went awry. 

4 minutes ago, Paddywackery said:

Ernie had a lot of plans that went awry. 

He did one smart thing which got up Ellison's nose: he hired the core of the TNZ team and won the AC in his first attempt while uncle Larry was still trying and losing in the CSS's:D

1 minute ago, Indio said:

He did one smart thing which got up Ellison's nose: he hired the core of the TNZ team and won the AC in his first attempt while uncle Larry was still trying and losing in the CSS's:D

And then Larry buried him. 

2 hours ago, Forourselves said:

In hindsight, LR were right to argue that racing should resume. The NOR specified a set of predetermined dates and the Prada Cup needed to be decided one way or the other so that we can commence the AC before the time limit for the AC expires (currently 21 March and no later than March 31 unless a new protocol is agreed to). They were faster on the water. They won.  The debate on scheduling was a distraction.

Now they get the ass whupped in the AC.

Not every team, because AM also thought the racing should be completed in time.

12 minutes ago, Paddywackery said:

And then Larry buried him. 

Didn't matter - Ernie always had one up on Larry which he's never lived down.

10 minutes ago, Indio said:

Not sure I agree but that’s okay. 

I do recall that Ernie didn’t like or want the wing setup and packed his bags when it prevailed. It got nasty and personal, Larry has no time for the blue bloods with inherited money. 

58 minutes ago, Indio said:

41 minutes ago, Indio said:

Ernie also beats Larry hands down on the homefront (see below).

Thank heaven we will be back racing in a couple of days and the phony war will be finished.

axmk4Mq4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

"Signing up Badham was a major coup for the Kiwis – he’d had offers from six of the key players, with the biggest bid from the then second richest man on the planet, Larry Ellison, but chose Team NZ, who offered the least money".

The Key to Team NZ, they are a team.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Rennmaus said:

That's the same link I posted hours ago above.

sorry Renny, I was just responding to  Indio :)

• Like 1
2 hours ago, uflux said:

As I have mentioned. ETNZ have never sounded so confident as they are now. They know what LR has and they know what they have 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/americas-cup/124464932/americas-cup-team-new-zealand-coach-expecting-dingdong-battle-with-luna-rossa?cid=app-iPhone

Ray Davies' comment about huitting 50knts makes it sound like the magical 50knt barrier is now routinely reached , which makes the rumours of 56-60knts a little bit more credible...

“With these types of boats you get a little nervous when you hit that 50 knot mark, but now it’s just standard and once you get comfortable with that, you’re just looking for more and more."

18 hours ago, shanghaisailor said:

Aren't those two of the primary qualities of a good CEO?

No doubt, and a significant reason for etnz recent success.

Funny story, and not enough time right now to elaborate, but I was present for a HPYD conference where he gave a keynote speech. Camper was performing badly in the volvo and his very succinct opinion was that if you're hired to design a race boat it better win, because $$$. Everyone in the audience was a designer and silent. Clearly he was under some pressure, but at the end of the day sailing races are competitions, and there can only be one winner, and camper did start improving. 

30 minutes ago, Indio said:

Ray Davies' comment about huitting 50knts makes it sound like the magical 50knt barrier is now routinely reached , which makes the rumours of 56-60knts a little bit more credible...

“With these types of boats you get a little nervous when you hit that 50 knot mark, but now it’s just standard and once you get comfortable with that, you’re just looking for more and more."

Yes, he said it in such an understated way that I too took it as matter of fact that 50 knots plus is no big deal for these boats. 

18 hours ago, jaysper said:

I think that is being manifestly unfair to GD.

It is no secret that I think he needs to learn to shut up.

But he has done something with ETNZ that I doubt Blake could and doubt even more he would have bothered.

He clearly engenders a great deal of respect and loyalty among his team.

How is that unfair to Dalts? He's openly admitted he was half the sailor Blake was. What has he done that Blake hasn't? Win an America's Cup? Defend it? I qualified my comments by stating I admire him and he's the best we have. 

For what it's worth, I enjoy his abrasiveness. He doesn't take shit and he let's blokes know it. 

3 minutes ago, Jandals said:

How is that unfair to Dalts? He's openly admitted he was half the sailor Blake was. What has he done that Blake hasn't? Win an America's Cup? Defend it? I qualified my comments by stating I admire him and he's the best we have. 

For what it's worth, I enjoy his abrasiveness. He doesn't take shit and he let's blokes know it. 

I am going to wonder outload, would ETNZ even exist without Dalton? Bonus Question: even if it did exist, would it have nearly the funding required.

Would the team be as well run.

Dalton isn't a Billionaire with a bunch of other interests. He is a passionate credentialed sailor who also has the skills and imagination to, Bring an Americas Cup team back from the dead, Keep the team together and running, Raise the money, Negotiate with arsehole billionaires.

This really is an asinine discussion!

• Like 4
7 hours ago, Rennmaus said:

I remember Big Bad Brad mentioning the AC90 in a press conference. Sounded like an exciting prospect. Apparently it was to have a sliding keel to reduce the draft. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Jandals said:

"Sir Peter was the master. A leader of men. GD us not even in the same ocean."

This statement was either clearly aimed at his ability to lead, or you need to take a writing course.

Despite all my misgivings about GD, he is clearly an incredibly capable leader and has achieved something that I doubt Blake would have.

9 minutes ago, Flags said:

I am going to wonder outload, would ETNZ even exist without Dalton? Bonus Question: even if it did exist, would it have nearly the funding required.

Would the team be as well run.

Dalton isn't a Billionaire with a bunch of other interests. He is a passionate credentialed sailor who also has the skills and imagination to, Bring an Americas Cup team back from the dead, Keep the team together and running, Raise the money, Negotiate with arsehole billionaires.

This really is an asinine discussion!

There is no other bloke I could imagine taking charge of ETNZ than Dalts. I have no doubt if he wasn't involved we would not be defending the cup in Auckland. 

• Like 2
2 minutes ago, jaysper said:

"Sir Peter was the master. A leader of men. GD us not even in the same ocean."

This statement was either clearly aimed at his ability to lead, or you need to take a writing course.

Despite all my misgivings about GD, he is clearly an incredibly capable leader and has achieved something that I doubt Blake would have.

It was a comment regarding the level of esteem Sir Peter Blake holds. You need to take a Xanax. 

Again, what has he achieved that Blake hasn't? 

Just now, Jandals said:

It was a comment regarding the level of esteem Sir Peter Blake holds. You need to take a Xanax. 

Again, what has he achieved that Blake hasn't? 

He took a team that was, to be generous, on life support.

Blake left the team on life support.

• Like 1
56 minutes ago, jaysper said:

He took a team that was, to be generous, on life support.

Blake left the team on life support.

Correction. RC and BB ripped the team apart with their over inflated egos. Blake offered to resign early in the defence preparations. It's unfathomable how you've turned this into a "I hate GD smear campaign". 

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, Jandals said:

Correction. RC and BB ripped the team apart with their over inflated egos. Blake offered to resign early in the defence preparations. It's unfathomable how you've turned this into a "I hate GD smear campaign". 

LOL! Wanna borrow some....Xanax was it?

Never said you hated him sparky, simply stated that your comment was manifestly unfair and that comment seemed to get a few likes so I am guessing I am not alone in my opinion.

8 minutes ago, jaysper said:

LOL! Wanna borrow some....Xanax was it?

Never said you hated him sparky, simply stated that your comment was manifestly unfair and that comment seemed to get a few likes so I am guessing I am not alone in my opinion.

Sparky? Jesus, and I need a lesson in writing? But OMG! You got some likes! 

Again, what has GD that puts him in the same ballpark as SPB? 

And again, just so you don't doze off, I rate GD extremely highly. Just not in the same league as SPB. 

46 minutes ago, Jandals said:

I am having even more trouble with my history lessons tonight. The AC is too much.

Wasn't there some double dealing with Sir Peter and his sidekick Sefton trying to lever out a pension from TNZ leaving it a hollow shell that somehow made RC, BB and the coke gang to head off to Switzerland in revolt?

GD saved the day!

This is doing my head in. Please can we go racing as soon as possible.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, winchfodder said:

I am having even more trouble with my history lessons tonight. The AC is too much.

Wasn't there some double dealing with Sir Peter and his sidekick Sefton trying to lever out a pension from TNZ that somehow made RC, BB and the coke gang to head off to Switzerland in revolt?

Total rubbish. TMZ was formed as a trust and the trustees needed to be payed back. RC and BB wanted to take over the leadership of TNZ without incurring the burden of debt SPB clearly stipulated needed to be payed off going forward. 

Let's also not forget, without SPB bankrolling the entry fee from his own personal account, TNZ would not exist. 

• Like 2
34 minutes ago, Jandals said:

Sparky? Jesus, and I need a lesson in writing? But OMG! You got some likes! 

Again, what has GD that puts him in the same ballpark as SPB? 

And again, just so you don't doze off, I rate GD extremely highly. Just not in the same league as SPB. 

Seems like Jaysper has about 7 likes per 100 posts. You are on track for about 70 likes per 100 posts...

2 hours ago, Jandals said:

There is no other bloke I could imagine taking charge of ETNZ than Dalts. I have no doubt if he wasn't involved we would not be defending the cup in Auckland. 

You might not be defending it there the next time

8 hours ago, strider470 said:

But il Moro di Venezia did

1173344695_MoroLogo.jpg.84136dbb011c160021f51bb84cbecac7.jpg

That wasn’t Team New Zealand that the Italians beat, but still a win is a win 

2 minutes ago, mako23 said:

That wasn’t Team New Zealand that the Italians beat, but still a win is a win 

Yeah it Bruce Farr and the twinned keeled skiff. 

9 minutes ago, Jandals said:

Yeah it Bruce Farr and the twinned keeled skiff. 

NZL20. The Little Red Sled. She's for sale, minus hardware and 2/3rds said keel. Always thought she had a very sweet looking hull form.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/boats-marine/yachts/keeler/listing/2998900871?bof=o4ZMsEFA

nzl20-onlift-auckland2003-cupinfo-1.jpg

• Like 3
19 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

NZL20. The Little Red Sled. She's for sale, minus hardware and 2/3rds said keel. Always thought she had a very sweet looking hull form.

https://www.trademe.co.nz/a/motors/boats-marine/yachts/keeler/listing/2998900871?bof=o4ZMsEFA

I agree, I reckon she was sweet looking bit of kit but as Blakey said, changes needed to be made at the start. 

35 minutes ago, Sailbydate said:

Sad to see a boat, especially with history, in severe disrepair.

Always been a bit of a fan of Bruce Farr's designs.

5 minutes ago, MaxHugen said:

Sad to see a boat, especially with history, in severe disrepair.

Always been a bit of a fan of Bruce Farr's designs.

They were the bee's knees in their day.

Bruce and Sir Peter sadly fell out, but the new design collaboration was the start of a winning formula for TNZ. So...

9 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Yep, and a last time too.

Until the next time.

They won again two years later.

Nothing is permanent in sport. 

8 hours ago, uflux said:

As I have mentioned. ETNZ have never sounded so confident as they are now. They know what LR has and they know what they have 

https://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/americas-cup/124464932/americas-cup-team-new-zealand-coach-expecting-dingdong-battle-with-luna-rossa?cid=app-iPhone

This bit can’t be right! 

I’ve been told by very reliable sources, on these very pages, that this can’t be the case. 

DEFB5200-7049-440F-86FF-DE6B7F6A1107.jpeg

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Sailbydate said:

They were the bee's knees in their day.

Bruce and Sir Peter sadly fell out, but the new design collaboration was the start of a winning formula for TNZ. So...

It may have been the part where BF told SPB that his concept of a campaign was BS. 

“Hmmm, this looks like an interesting article about the Americas Cup, by the NZ Herald, I’ll have a read.”

Paragraph 6

”F’r fuck’s sake”

E6B8616B-1C36-4371-8526-C78416425C72.jpeg

• Like 5
29 minutes ago, Ex-yachtie said:

“Hmmm, this looks like an interesting article about the Americas Cup, by the NZ Herald, I’ll have a read.”

Paragraph 6

”F’r fuck’s sake”

I read somewhere on stuff that ETNZ are adding an extra pair of foil arms to reduce speed too.

44 minutes ago, Ex-yachtie said:

I am assuming this is a satirical article...  right?  :wacko: