9 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

i just thought it was typical salesman type behaviour

and by that i encompass sales, marketing and accountant types .. lots of titles and names for those who basically all drink from the same pool

Nothin wrong with, Marketeers. 

• Replies 17.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's pissing down outside and yes, we are back to Level 3. To all those moaning and bitching about it and calling the PM childish names, get a grip, we are the luckiest people in the world right

After many hours of consideration, a lot of in-depth research on the SA technical threads, extensive computational modelling and a few quick & dirty minutes in Photoshop, I have produced this anal

Posted Images

Smack you are better than this surely ?

the ‘hog pretty much said it. 

let’s see some other light air foiling. 

actually let’s see some other boats sailing. Maybe they are all on simulators now .... :)

On 12/23/2019 at 7:55 PM, Priscilla said:

Careful Salty spontaneous combustion is a well documented event.

Every anchorage usually contains one or more single white angry drunk lonely males who think that Erudite is a adhesive.

Just remind us all where exactly are you moored tonite.

Reported you on that post. All jokes aside, threatening life in this thread is against the rules. Pull your head in a wee bit.

20 minutes ago, Salty Seacock said:

Reported you on that post. All jokes aside, threatening life in this thread is against the rules. Pull your head in a wee bit.

It's ok for you to do it though? You're such a sloppy fucking drunk. 

4 hours ago, pusslicker said:

It's ok for you to do it though? You're such a sloppy fucking drunk. 

I may be a lot of things, including an alcoholic but, I do not threaten to burn peoples boats to the waterline while they're in them.

That is threatening to kill.

BTW, what have you been eating? I think you're taking too big a licks as your breath smells like shit. It matches your words well. 

3 hours ago, Salty Seacock said:

I may be a lot of things, including an alcoholic but, I do not threaten to burn peoples boats to the waterline while they're in them.

BTW, what have you been eating? I think you're taking too big a licks as your breath smells like shit. It matches your words well. 

Crikey Salty not only are you a drunk lonely and angry it appears you are poorly educated as well.

Happy new year.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_human_combustion

On a more realistic and somber note my wife and I are sharing fish and chips at Opape staring out at Whakaari White Island that has emerged from the haze of the smoke from the Australian fires.
May those that have perished Rest In Peace.

• Like 1
On 1/2/2020 at 7:02 PM, Priscilla said:

Crikey Salty not only are you a drunk lonely and angry it appears you are poorly educated as well.

Happy new year.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spontaneous_human_combustion

On a more realistic and somber note my wife and I are sharing fish and chips at Opape staring out at Whakaari White Island that has emerged from the haze of the smoke from the Australian fires.
May those that have perished Rest In Peace.

Dont lie and then summon sympathy with reference to a tragedy. 

You're a disgusting fool.

4 minutes ago, Salty Seacock said:

Dont lie and then summon sympathy with reference to a tragedy. 

You're a disgusting fool.

Oh fuck off, he wasn’t ever suggesting murder. just  Pointing out that fact that drunk old men on boats simply have a high likely hood of fucking up and leaving the gas on.

On 1/2/2020 at 3:13 AM, Salty Seacock said:

I may be a lot of things, including an alcoholic, racist and homophobic  but, I do not threaten to burn peoples boats to the waterline while they're in them.

Fixed it for historical accuracy. 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, JALhazmat said:

I'm here to apologise to Salty Seacock for abusing his good self. At times I go off on tangents especially when I'm off my medication. I only come here in the hope that somebody here will accept me and call me friend. Most of my mates have shunned me as my outbursts are scarring them away.

Again, sorry Salty. Trust you accept my apologies. 

No worries. Perhaps you should join a Yacht Club.

Fuck you you vile piece of shit racist ( you were reported and eventually dribbled an apology) homophobic, (yet to apologise or be sanctioned despite being reported )

Hey you admired you are an alcoholic, well done but it doesn’t give you a free pass to keep being a cunt 

• Like 1
On 1/1/2020 at 10:13 PM, Salty Seacock said:

Stop being a little bitch

• Like 1
1 hour ago, breezie said:

As I predicted would happen months in advance, you can't get much more stable than this..

capsize.thumb.jpg.32f37697f30ddfd96e5624221891ca13.jpg

The Kiwi "perspective" here would be that this was an intentional, gentle layover by the team to test the ease of extracting sailors from the engine room.

And because we don't have video and photos of the other teams - we can't be sure their auto carriers aren't also capsizing all over the place. Oh, and this Emirati car carrier is STILL faster than all the other teams' carriers which is clear by this capsize because they are pushing it harder than anyone else. So - nothing to see here.

Heh. When I think of Kiwis, I think - thank God for Australians.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

When I think of you and read one of your posts cause I think you may have really contributed,I think, thank God for ignore.

6 hours ago, smackdaddy said:

Smack you and the Aussies have a deep history of collectively fucking the future of humanity.

https://www.thedailystar.net/shout/the-greatest-story/racists-do-stupid-things-ruin-the-world-1243951

The proposal your lap dog Australians objected to.

"The equality of nations being a basic principle of the League of Nations, the High Contracting Parties agree to accord as soon as possible to all alien nationals of states, members of the League, equal and just treatment in every respect making no distinction, either in law or in fact, on account of their race or nationality."

• Like 1

Well Priscilla, first, as I've said previously - I'm not a racist. Not even close. You're welcome to try to find any post (or anything else) I've ever written that was racist. More importantly you'd see the exact opposite in my day-to-day life. This is just a moniker that Clean recently smeared me with, along with "shitty parent", etc. - because he's a small man.

As for racism in history - yes, it's replete. And it has been so across virtually every continent, island, metropolis, and hamlet the world over where different kinds of people converge. The point is, I think people, especially countries, have to be very careful pointing that historical finger at other people and other countries.

Anyone can see that racism is definitely on the rise in the US and it's disgusting and evil - just as it is anywhere else. And this seems to be very a unfortunate trend right now across the globe. So, I spend my personal time actually working against it in my own community...just as I have since my days many years ago in the US Peace Corps in the Solomon Islands. It's something I've always cared about, which is why I'm taking the time to write this...to set the record straight.

As for Aussies, I like 'em. Always have. I've hung out with many of them (and many other nationalities) in various places around the world. My general experience has been that they tend to have a pretty positive outlook on life and know how to have fun. From what I've seen, they don't tend to be angsty, insecure, and bitter by and large. And that's something to be thankful for - around here especially.

Now, since I have zero interest in politics, I'll move back to sailing and thumping angsty goofballs on the nose with wit and candor.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

As for Aussies, I like 'em. Always have. I've hung out with many of them (and many other nationalities) in various places around the world. My general experience has been that they tend to have a pretty positive outlook on life and know how to have fun. From what I've seen, they don't tend to be angsty, insecure, and bitter by and large. And that's something to be thankful for - around here especially.

Pity their Prime Minister decided to go and have fun while his country is burning.

23 minutes ago, breezie said:

As I predicted would happen months in advance, you can't get much more stable than this:

FUI.jpg.1833b09386377b38ce10bcf24e8ebdfa.jpg

Self-righting?

2 hours ago, Forourselves said:

Pity their Prime Minister decided to go and have fun while his country is burning.

As an Aussie I don’t think the PM should be blamed for taking some time out to be with his family during the holiday period

We have too many levels of government and the states are responsible for fire control. The federal government could not help until the states request it. The states do not request help soon enough as that would indicate they are not up to the task.

Hopefully this will change in the future.

• Like 1
Just now, Priscilla said:

Yup Morrison will be dog tucker at the next election.

The local pub owner told the ABC that some of the “protesters” were not locals... they arrived, had their moment of fame on tv, then left

The handshakes were awkward and will haunt Scomo at the next election.

voting in a climate change denier then all this

( fairly predictable ) happening was never going to do his pr many favours

they have been many comments on silly sindy's twitter account asking her to take over .. but in reality she is no better

if she did have a clue canterbury would already have been there for over a week helping out with the evacuations

yet still .. nothing

the excuse they havnt asked yet speaks more for you own stupidity than theirs

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, phill_nz said:

they have been many comments on silly sindy's twitter account asking her to take over .. but in reality she is no better

if she did have a clue canterbury would already have been there for over a week helping out with the evacuations

yet still .. nothing

For NZ's Prime Minister to volunteer the services of our little 8000-ton multi-role vessel  HMAS Canterbury when our fire-wracked neighbour to the north has the 27,000 ton helicopter landing dock ships HMAS Adelaide and Canberra in commission, plus the 16,000 ton landing ship HMAS Choules and smaller vessels, would be a massive insult to Aussies and an invitation to wide criticism here.

In fact, Choules has been on the job for days, already evacuating over 1,000 fire survivors. And finally Oz PM Morrison has stirred and ordered Adelaide into action too.

I write this primarily for our Northern Hemisphere readers, to counter your fuzzy post with its inexplicable thinking.

1 hour ago, KiwiJoker said:

In fact, Choules has been on the job for days, already evacuating over 1,000 fire survivors.

doesn't matter how big they are 1 ship 1 place at a time

and HMNZS canterbury is rigged for civil defence / emergencies / people transport  .. its why we brought her in the first place

as you said ( HMAS) " Choules has been on the job for days, already evacuating over 1,000 "  .. 2 x ships  = 1/2 the time

whatever political embarrassment there might or might not be  .. the people waiting are all that matter and im pretty sure i know how they would vote on the issue

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Priscilla said:

Getting a post apocalyptic event vibe on in the home of the AC.

Very weird, sky varying between copper-brown and orange, almost dark on a mid-summer's afternoon, cars driving with headlights on.

And we're 2000km away from the fires!

Check out the time-lapse from 1pm onwards: https://www.takeabreak.co.nz/webcams/16/auckland_viaduct_harbour_webcam

• Like 1

I'm all for expediency, but deploying naval assets requires certain protocols be followed, as in informing the foreign nation of your intentions. That said, I don't think anyone has been lost due to a lack of capacity of the Australian navy. I think you're getting upset about nothing.

5 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

deploying naval assets requires certain protocols be followed, as in informing the foreign nation of your intentions.

its aussie .. our cussies

its not north korea

16 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

its aussie .. our cussies

That's what I mean. You inform your friends, not necessarily your foes. Anyway, by the time Cantabury got across most if not all the evacuations would have been done. NZ flying over more Firies is sensible aid and that has happened.

5 minutes ago, Horn Rock said:

NZ flying over more Firies is sensible aid and that has happened.

they are also sending over defence force personnel ( breaking )

not sure how they are going though

what part of should already have been there passed you by ..

2 minutes ago, phill_nz said:

what part of should already have been there passed you by ..

NZ Firies were over here in November helping out in my area. I don't subscribe to the notion that the current deployment of Kiwi Firies is in any way late. Foreign Firies are mainly used as relief - so the locals can get some rest. Anyway, we're not short of Firies on the ground, but large airborne water tankers, and that's Scomos fuck up.

wasn't the firies i was talking about in that sentence it was hmnzs canterbury

but lets just say we disagree in how we respond to emergencies and when

2 hours ago, Priscilla said:

Getting a post apocalyptic event vibe on in the home of the AC.

Photo at 20 minute intervals.

QGFJTL5APBFPDDYAI2CNYUZDYU.thumb.jpg.13a006288c0bafd531fcbe514de31a8b.jpg

It was really eerie this afternoon - felt like a scene from "12 Monkeys"

783757115_12Monkeys1.thumb.JPG.94ed43857ab2d45e12621eab528baee1.JPG

3 hours ago, Fiji Bitter said:

That's a beautiful dreadful picture, if color is unedited. Bit hard to say that I like it, if you know what I mean.

Its from the recent Bladerunner sequel.

But its what Auckland felt like this afternoon.

Was same in the Bay of Islands, all the wharf lights came on at 1800, 2 hours before sunset. One punter said, "what a cool sky". I almost said,"ya, all your children will die in fire". 

The start of the age of fire.

You can see in the Viaduct webcam time-lapse that the street lights automatically came on briefly at 5.10pm, which would normally be full daylight at this time of year. Cars were driving with headlights on.

The street lights didn't come on again until the more normal time of 7.50pm (sunset was 8.42pm).

23 hours ago, phill_nz said:

doesn't matter how big they are 1 ship 1 place at a time

and HMNZS canterbury is rigged for civil defence / emergencies / people transport  .. its why we brought her in the first place

as you said ( HMAS) " Choules has been on the job for days, already evacuating over 1,000 "  .. 2 x ships  = 1/2 the time

whatever political embarrassment there might or might not be  .. the people waiting are all that matter and im pretty sure i know how they would vote on the issue

Your response is as chaotic as your first post.

My point was, and is, that our Oz cousins have three modern naval vessels all larger and better suited to evacuation work  ..... and they were close at hand, in port and inexplicably inactive. 

Others have addressed the necessary protocols for assistance.

Meanwhile it was reported yesterday NZ is volunteering helicopters to be be flown over the Tasman by RNZAF transports.  A worthy move.

On 1/4/2020 at 5:47 AM, MR.CLEAN said:

Stop being a little bitch

Hook line and sinker. I didn't figure you for a sucker until now. 

2 hours ago, KiwiJoker said:

My point was, and is, that our Oz cousins have three modern naval vessels all larger and better suited to evacuation work  ..... and they were close at hand, in port and inexplicably inactive. 

not according to channel nine or the smh

they had to leave under 5s and the elderly on the beach cause they could not get them safely aboard

those would be the 2 groups most in need of evacuation from areas of bad air quality

i repeat

canterbury is rigged for evacuations and civil defence

as for petty grammar nazism

eevn a dpisitck  can raed tihs

if the government / nz navy / silly sindy cannot get canterbury to emergency situations before they have fully developed she probably wasnt worth the price

and they are certainly not worth their salary

2 minutes ago, barfy said:

^ leaving the elderly and children behind doesn't pass the smell test cuz. My bullshit meter is pinned.

There was talk that they might have to climb a net to get onto the ship

The reality was a landing raft was used which was driven into the ship so it was a walk on walk off scenario

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Rushman said:

The reality was a landing raft was used which was driven into the ship so it was a walk on walk off scenario

Then its a good thing Canterbury wasn't there trying to do the rescue instead.

Its just got a ramp off the back, no internal dock.

The idea that NZ would send a navy ship into Aus territorial waters unrequested is so stupid its hard to fathom :huh:

The idea that Jacinda hasn't been in communication with Aus since early-on seeing what help we can provide is equally stupid.

thats your opinion

you probably know as much about the capabilities of naval ships as silly sindy and hence they dont get deployed in time often enough or used to their capabilities

she is really a rescue ship 9k tonnes with < 5.5 mtr draught and a naval ship in name only as she only carries 1 x 25mm bushmaster and 2 x 50 cals

38 minutes ago, barfy said:

leaving the elderly and children behind doesn't pass the smell test cuz. My bullshit meter is pinned.

cant swear to it as i read it on the net .. take that for what its worth .. seemed a strange thing to make up so im leaning towards it being somewhere correct .. reason given was about hoisting aboard via ropes ( health and safety  leads to some strange decisions at times nowadays )

1 hour ago, phill_nz said:

thats your opinion

you probably know as much about the capabilities of naval ships as silly sindy and hence they dont get deployed in time often enough or used to their capabilities

she is really a rescue ship 9k tonnes with < 5.5 mtr draught and a naval ship in name only as she only carries 1 x 25mm bushmaster and 2 x 50 cals

cant swear to it as i read it on the net .. take that for what its worth .. seemed a strange thing to make up so im leaning towards it being somewhere correct .. reason given was about hoisting aboard via ropes ( health and safety  leads to some strange decisions at times nowadays )

Anyway,

Deploying naval assets in time to help with the mad scenario of being pinned on a beach by fire is probably not realistic.

I believe there are nz fire forces helping for ages.

Our pm doesn't run the show herself, like a Trumpy. So maybe stand down on the dishing of blame to one person.

Edit: I think I remember from my SAR book that it takes 8 hours to stage an Orion for a 800 mile rescue sortie, I would think slightly longer for the largest asset in the nz Navy.

9 hours ago, barfy said:

Our pm doesn't run the show herself, like a Trumpy. So maybe stand down on the dishing of blame to one person.

Edit: I think I remember from my SAR book that it takes 8 hours to stage an Orion for a 800 mile rescue sortie, I would think slightly longer for the largest asset in the nz Navy.

true .. she doesnt and to be fair it would be both the defence and civil defence ministers that should be doing the thinking

but our style of govt runs from the top down and she selects the team

dont expect the defence force leaders to do much pre-emptive thinking .. for a number of reasons thats not within their sphere .. and yet should be

as for time to deploy esp in the xmas period when only retard parties are onboard

its a mix of requirements .. most of what they need will already be onboard .. food and personnel will be the majors

in this case no real biggie

she has chopper landing facilities and our geographic shape means they can be used as she makes her way from auks all the way around the top and then if still needed some way down the west before going over .. thats at least 24 hours within easy range for logistics to fill in the gaps

so she could easily leave the wharf within 4 hours ( with a few crash draughts ) and start the process

14 hours ago, Rushman said:

There was talk that they might have to climb a net to get onto the ship

I have relatives who couldn't be evacuated by sea as the navy wasn't taking the elderly, kids under 5 or those with a significant disability. They were airlifted to East Sale, but airlifts were sporadic - hampered by poor visibility.

3 hours ago, phill_nz said:

she has chopper landing facilities and our geographic shape means they can be used as she makes her way from auks all the way around the top

Uhh wtf??? :huh:

Choppers don't have anything even vaguely close to 4000km range.

sorry

i thought it was obvious

they can be used to replenish the ship as it travels ( at ship like speeds ) from auks up north then if needed slightly down the west coast before it goes across the tasi

giving almost 12 hours where the ship is within 10 ks of the NZ east coast .. that is within chopper range iirc ( its around 400ks from auks to north cape ) she only does 36kph

thats why she needs to be deployed before the situation becomes critical not as at present .. weeks after

1 hour ago, breezie said:

The tea leaves are looking very positive for flipper tomorrow.

hopefully that augers for a return to topic

If history is any indication, I think "auger" is the perfect word choice...heh...

Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 5.43.45 PM.png

40 minutes ago, smackdaddy said:

If history is any indication, I think "auger" is the perfect word choice...heh...

Screen Shot 2019-12-15 at 5.43.45 PM.png

:-) Ha. Thanks for pointing that out, Smack. We knew he meant, 'augurs'.

3 hours ago, Sailbydate said:

ETNZ launches new/old broadcast platform, built by Salthouse on old AC45 hulls:

https://www.sail-world.com/news/225462/Americas-Cup-New-TV-cat-revealed-in-Auckland

Pic: RG

yysw277228.jpg

The ugly duckling. 

8 hours ago, phill_nz said:

sorry

i thought it was obvious

Fuck. This was the same by line of the " I was towing my dingy in ten foot waves in case my sailboat sank but then the line parted and the tender disappeared into the morning light" discussion.

2 hours ago, hoom said:

Sorry

it was retarded 

i was trying to be diplomatic

but ok

its what i wrote in the post before you poor  illiterate troll

" she has chopper landing facilities and our geographic shape means they can be used as she makes her way from auks all the way around the top and then if still needed some way down the west before going over .. thats at least 24 hours within easy range for logistics to fill in the gaps 

how do you not understand that

if you need posts in kindy speak please put that on your profile .. otherwise one assumes at least a minimal level of understanding

15 hours ago, phill_nz said:

its a mix of requirements .. most of what they need will already be onboard .. food and personnel will be the majors

in this case no real biggie

she has chopper landing facilities and our geographic shape means they can be used as she makes her way from auks all the way around the top and then if

again you didnt read