Nasty Bird Shit Stains

We were visited by a flock of tiny birds and they left some major shit stains.  We've tried StarBrite deck wash, Bird shit remover and about half dozen other products but the stain remains.

Any suggestions?

3 hours ago, Jules said:

We were visited by a flock of tiny birds and they left some major shit stains.  We've tried StarBrite deck wash, Bird shit remover and about half dozen other products but the stain remains.

Any suggestions?

Try this on Fix-it Anarchy.

Well that just sucks Jules.  Those stains will never come out.

The only reasonable thing to do is sell the boat.  Set a fair price.  When a prospective buyer asks about the shit stains, tell them that it was an unfortunate accident with a flare gun and a flock of seagulls.  It left you traumatized and that's why you are selling.  Tell them that the shit will come right off with a little elbow grease, you just can't face the task, flashbacks you know.

Then go buy a new boat with the proceeds.

41 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

Well that just sucks Jules.  Those stains will never come out.

The only reasonable thing to do is sell the boat.  Set a fair price.  When a prospective buyer asks about the shit stains, tell them that it was an unfortunate accident with a flare gun and a flock of seagulls.  It left you traumatized and that's why you are selling.  Tell them that the shit will come right off with a little elbow grease, you just can't face the task, flashbacks you know.

Then go buy a new boat with the proceeds.

I think a Go Fund Me or Patreon account might be needed!

• Like 1

white polyester deck?

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor bio tex"

use it on a sunny day!

throw some in a bucket of water...  brush deck with it but DO NOT WASH OF... have a beer or two... spray of deck and brush a bit... done! you'll need sunglasses permanently!

the stuff is made for clothing (handwash) but is usable in a slightly wider range... apparantly the enzyms clean better than a person.

My formula for a Bird Shit Stain Solution, works on all types of decks:

1 Gallon of Gasoline / 4 Litres Petrol

3 Gallons of Kerosene / 12 Litres of Parafin

Mix well.

Spread liberally around affected areas. Let soak.

Light match. Throw onto affected area. Problem solved!

• Like 1
20 hours ago, Ishmael said:

clorox-all-purpose-cleaners-4460001204-6

As recommended by @SloopJonB Amazing stuff.

Yesterday my SO spent 6-7 hours trying to get the stains out of the deck.  I went out a couple of hours ago and the bird shit was all over the place, like it had never been cleaned.

I hosed the solids off and took that green Clorox bottle and sprayed the shit out of the stains.  In about 20 minutes the stains began to vanish.  Took me less than an hour to get it better looking than it did after all those hours of scrubbing, and I never picked up a scrub brush.  Just hose, spray, wait & spray.  WOW!

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!  This stuff works wonders!

• Like 2
14 hours ago, SloopJonB said:

I find it works just as well as several hours of taking green water over the boat. :D

I'm dumping 55 gallon drums of this stuff into the brown/green canals here.  Bahama blue waters on the way! ;)

16 hours ago, Jules said:

Yesterday my SO spent 6-7 hours trying to get the stains out of the deck.  I went out a couple of hours ago and the bird shit was all over the place, like it had never been cleaned.

I hosed the solids off and took that green Clorox bottle and sprayed the shit out of the stains.  In about 20 minutes the stains began to vanish.  Took me less than an hour to get it better looking than it did after all those hours of scrubbing, and I never picked up a scrub brush.  Just hose, spray, wait & spray.  WOW!

Thank you!  Thank you!  Thank you!  This stuff works wonders!

chlorine bleach and other nasty chemicals..    just yuck..         dump 55 gals in your canal and you'll be able to catch all the fish with a net..

On & Off is amazing with waterline mustaches but as noted, pretty potent. I wouldn't use it on deck except as a last resort.

I used CRC On & Off which is a thin blue gel, not a spray on.

The Clorox Cleanup has always done the job up top, even with some pretty old stains on porous non-skid paint.

A little scrubbing sometimes on really bad stains but otherwise wet & forget.

• Like 1

On & Off:

Water    60 - 707647-01-0
Hydrochloric Acid     20 - 30   7664-38-2
Phosphoric Acid      5 - 10   68131-39-5
Alcohols, C12-15, Ethoxylated    1 - 3   144-62-7
Oxalic Acid       1 - 3

It also eats nylon.

• Like 1
On 12/15/2019 at 4:12 PM, SloopJonB said:

The Clorox Cleanup has always done the job up top, even with some pretty old stains on porous non-skid paint.

A little scrubbing sometimes on really bad stains but otherwise wet & forget.

And what's most surprising is the deck still looks just as clean as it did right after I used it and the birds haven't returned.  :huh: