Jump to content

Got My Test Results Today...


Recommended Posts

Just got back my Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination back from NCBEX and learned that I have just crushed the final exam I needed to be admitted to the Michigan Bar.  So now I can represent people here and in California.  This has been a two year road of insanity, weeks of dedicated studying, huge financial outlays, and now, finally, I can relax.

Or rather I could, but I've got a dozen cases I'm working on...

Congratulate me or tell me to fuck off. I don't care!

 

 

  • Like 16
Link to post
Share on other sites

Congrats, now hurry up and forget all that shit so you can study equally hard when you recertify!:P

I finally let my professional certs expire about 5 years ago. Never studying again!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Might wanna re-think the title "got my test results".  

Thought you may be talking about something other than exams.

 

 

BTW - congrats.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Now you can start practicing. Just about the time that you feel like the practicing is paying off and you are finally getting it right, it will be time to quit.  No justice.  

 

by the way...when I saw "Test Results," this is what came to mind:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

There you go, proof that even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.  (Not that you haven't found many nuts here.)

Congratulations Rocky, well done.  Now get to work and/or fuck off!  ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Just got back my Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination back from NCBEX and learned that I have just crushed the final exam I needed to be admitted to the Michigan Bar.  So now I can represent people here and in California.  This has been a two year road of insanity, weeks of dedicated studying, huge financial outlays, and now, finally, I can relax.

Or rather I could, but I've got a dozen cases I'm working on...

Congratulate me or tell me to fuck off. I don't care!

 

 

conbrats...now fuck off and get back  to work ;-)

Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, maybe having a family made Clean straighten out a bit.  He posted this in GA.  If it had been back in his 'pink flag', 'don't you know who I am' days, he would have put it in SA so more people would see the news.  

 

 

 

Haven't you fucked off yet?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Condolences..... And let me propose a solution to your future problems. Why don't you let me handle all of your finances, just on a trial basis (So to speak) for 2 years..... I will pay all bills out of your accounts, and make sure that you're liquid assets are directed to the appropriate accounts so that you may enjoy the benefits, while only taking a small, off the top percentage for myself. If after a 2 year trial you decide to continue, we can renegotiate the terms via a nationally known arbitration firm agreed upon by both parties, or if indeed you are for some reason dissatisfied we can dissolve the agreement with no penalty for either side. If I decide the performance is under achieving, I can, of course dissolve the agreement at any time......

I also would expect an up front non refundable, "Good faith" deposit of $10,000 to get us started.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Cal20sailor said:

You're a nobody in this town until Fieger is representing a client suing you for sexual harassment.  Post something when that day arrives!

My sister in law works for him

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Son of a Sailor said:

Congrats I guess . . . I'm not fond of practicing law myself, but it pays the bills.

That's why I took my first retirement from the law.  Fortunately California only made me pay them 6k for the privilege of lighting my cal bar license back up.

I hope this time to be working on matters that I can get some enjoyment from.  At the moment that is primarily helping financial institutions launch their marijuana-related business banking programs and figuring out how to work with the state regulatory agencies, and I am really having a good time with it.

Thanks for the congrats.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Willin' said:

Congrats, now hurry up and forget all that shit so you can study equally hard when you recertify!:P

I finally let my professional certs expire about 5 years ago. Never studying again!

Fortunately a law license never expires so long as you pay the Man and don't fuck any clients over too hard. Michigan like many states doesn't even require you to do mandatory continuing education.  Not surprising from a state that doesn't even do annual inspections for your car.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

IFIFY

The contents of the backpack I took with me to study up in the deep woods in the upper peninsula looked like something you would have found in the back of a red '73 caprice convertible in woody creek.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

That coude pay fore a holle niew irriagatione systeme!

It might be a start..... But I'm guessing only about 10% of the total bill.....

Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

That's why I took my first retirement from the law.  Fortunately California only made me pay them 6k for the privilege of lighting my cal bar license back up.

I hope this time to be working on matters that I can get some enjoyment from.  At the moment that is primarily helping financial institutions launch their marijuana-related business banking programs and figuring out how to work with the state regulatory agencies, and I am really having a good time with it.

Thanks for the congrats.

 

That actually does sound interesting. There must be al lot of issues on banking side as far as FDIC among other things, and there are probably just as many issues related to insurance coverage.

Best of luck!

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Son of a Sailor said:

That actually does sound interesting. There must be al lot of issues on banking side as far as FDIC among other things, and there are probably just as many issues related to insurance coverage.

 Best of luck!

Not really FDIC issues, it's all about the systems you have to have in place to meet compliance requirements under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations. In other words, if your systems allow marijuana-related businesses to launder proceeds from unlicensed operators, the Man comes after you, and that's criminal liability - something bank directors aren't all that into.

As someone who's worked with lots of businesses in the space both pre and post-legalization, it's ultra-interesting to see how society responds to something that's never been done before.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Not really FDIC issues, it's all about the systems you have to have in place to meet compliance requirements under the Bank Secrecy Act and Anti-Money Laundering regulations. In other words, if your systems allow marijuana-related businesses to launder proceeds from unlicensed operators, the Man comes after you, and that's criminal liability - something bank directors aren't all that into.

As someone who's worked with lots of businesses in the space both pre and post-legalization, it's ultra-interesting to see how society responds to something that's never been done before.

This is all interesting, but what about those test results that you got back?

Gonorrhea? Chlamydia? Crabs?

Regardless what you have, Clean, you can be sure at least ten of your fellow Anarchists have had it once or five times too.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mikewof said:

This is all interesting, but what about those test results that you got back?

Gonorrhea? Chlamydia? Crabs?

Regardless what you have, Clean, you can be sure at least ten of your fellow Anarchists have had it once or five times too.

Says the voice of experience.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, mikewof said:

This is all interesting, but what about those test results that you got back?

Gonorrhea? Chlamydia? Crabs?

Regardless what you have, Clean, you can be sure at least ten of your fellow Anarchists have had it once or five times too.

Theires my Mickey!                       :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, mikewof said:

This is all interesting, but what about those test results that you got back?

Gonorrhea? Chlamydia? Crabs?

Regardless what you have, Clean, you can be sure at least ten of your fellow Anarchists have had it once or five times too.

I'm not sure how I escaped my 20s without picking up some horrible diseases, but all I got now is high blood pressure!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Clean

Bit of advice.

Be careful when choosing your words.  This guy is in a bit of hot water for being a bit aggressive in working for his customer...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/allstate-lawyers-fear-safety-after-opposing-counsel-threatens-unleash-long-dck-law

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Foreverslow said:

Clean

Bit of advice.

Be careful when choosing your words.  This guy is in a bit of hot water for being a bit aggressive in working for his customer...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/allstate-lawyers-fear-safety-after-opposing-counsel-threatens-unleash-long-dck-law

 

Sounds like an SA regular.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Foreverslow said:

Clean

Bit of advice.

Be careful when choosing your words.  This guy is in a bit of hot water for being a bit aggressive in working for his customer...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/allstate-lawyers-fear-safety-after-opposing-counsel-threatens-unleash-long-dck-law

 

holy shit that is hilarious.  i fucking love that guy.  i wish i had the balls to talk to biglaw like that.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, burndoc said:

Congrats. 

My son has a year and a half left in Ann Arbor. Good to know a lawyer there

lol. stepdad is also an alum and judge but he'd never help me with anything coppish (and I've asked).  of course i get the clean judge.  i get no luck; i also got the only jewish girl in the area with no family money and lots of U of M debt

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

lol. stepdad is also an alum and judge but he'd never help me with anything coppish (and I've asked).  of course i get the clean judge.  i get no luck; i also got the only jewish girl in the area with no family money and lots of U of M debt

 

You are still ahead on points...

congratulations

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Just got back my Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination back from NCBEX and learned that I have just crushed the final exam I needed to be admitted to the Michigan Bar.  So now I can represent people here and in California.  This has been a two year road of insanity, weeks of dedicated studying, huge financial outlays, and now, finally, I can relax.

Or rather I could, but I've got a dozen cases I'm working on...

Congratulate me or tell me to fuck off. I don't care!

 

 

Late bloomer...don't fuck this up...at first I thought this was about the doctor results 

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

There you go, proof that even a blind squirrel finds a nut now and then.  (Not that you haven't found many nuts here.)

Congratulations Rocky, well done.  Now get to work and/or fuck off!  ;)

WHS!

:cheers:

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Just got back my Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination back from NCBEX and learned that I have just crushed the final exam I needed to be admitted to the Michigan Bar.  So now I can represent people here and in California.  This has been a two year road of insanity, weeks of dedicated studying, huge financial outlays, and now, finally, I can relax.

Or rather I could, but I've got a dozen cases I'm working on...

Congratulate me or tell me to fuck off. I don't care!

 

 

Congratulations!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

lol. stepdad is also an alum and judge but he'd never help me with anything coppish (and I've asked).  of course i get the clean judge.  i get no luck; i also got the only jewish girl in the area with no family money and lots of U of M debt

 

i owe i owe it's off to work i go.

son goes to state school but not in his state

really nice area though and great education

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

  At the moment that is primarily helping financial institutions launch their marijuana-related business banking programs and figuring out how to work with the state regulatory agencies, and I am really having a good time with it.

17 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Na, I've always had some creative procrastinating tools that help me be prolific. For instance, this morning I completed two "Statements of Claim" for a couple of FINRA arbitrations, then checked SA and posted (maybe 5 minutes of break).  Then I made coffee while listening to a Colbert video.  Then I drafted the corresponding "Claim Information Sheets" for the arbs, then came to the office and posted on SA again.  Then drafted a licensing and distribution agreement for a company that makes punching bags, and now I'm posting again.

I leave in a few minutes to take my boss to a meeting an hour away, after which we go to a TV studio to put on a webinar about certain class action lawsuit issues.  Then I'll come back to the office to do more drafting.  Hell I've already billed 5 hours of work today and it's not noon yet.  I'll probably be doing a webinar for marijuana banking issues over the next month or two - boss has always loved my sailing videos and wants me to use my skills to make us both more money.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Foreverslow said:

Clean

Bit of advice.

Be careful when choosing your words.  This guy is in a bit of hot water for being a bit aggressive in working for his customer...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/allstate-lawyers-fear-safety-after-opposing-counsel-threatens-unleash-long-dck-law

 

Congrats Clean and please DONT show us your tits....(urp...)

That story is absolutely fucking hilarious!  Looks like that idiot douche is about to get reamed...

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MR.CLEAN said:

Na, I've always had some creative procrastinating tools that help me be prolific. For instance, this morning I completed two "Statements of Claim" for a couple of FINRA arbitrations, then checked SA and posted (maybe 5 minutes of break).  Then I made coffee while listening to a Colbert video.  Then I drafted the corresponding "Claim Information Sheets" for the arbs, then came to the office and posted on SA again.  Then drafted a licensing and distribution agreement for a company that makes punching bags, and now I'm posting again.

I leave in a few minutes to take my boss to a meeting an hour away, after which we go to a TV studio to put on a webinar about certain class action lawsuit issues.  Then I'll come back to the office to do more drafting.  Hell I've already billed 5 hours of work today and it's not noon yet.  I'll probably be doing a webinar for marijuana banking issues over the next month or two - boss has always loved my sailing videos and wants me to use my skills to make us both more money.

 

 

Remember to use the word "DUDE" as often as you can, man.... Those guys LOVE that word!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2019 at 6:05 AM, BravoBravo said:

...at first I thought this was about the doctor results 

Pregnant??

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2019 at 11:43 AM, MR.CLEAN said:

Na, I've always had some creative procrastinating tools that help me be prolific. For instance, this morning I completed two "Statements of Claim" for a couple of FINRA arbitrations, then checked SA and posted (maybe 5 minutes of break).  Then I made coffee while listening to a Colbert video.  Then I drafted the corresponding "Claim Information Sheets" for the arbs, then came to the office and posted on SA again.  Then drafted a licensing and distribution agreement for a company that makes punching bags, and now I'm posting again.

I leave in a few minutes to take my boss to a meeting an hour away, after which we go to a TV studio to put on a webinar about certain class action lawsuit issues.  Then I'll come back to the office to do more drafting.  Hell I've already billed 5 hours of work today and it's not noon yet.  I'll probably be doing a webinar for marijuana banking issues over the next month or two - boss has always loved my sailing videos and wants me to use my skills to make us both more money.

 

 

you left out the part about how much your boss pays you for driving him a for an hour to a meeting (and an hour back of course). Does he sit in the front with you, or stay in the back with the partition up?    Congratulations!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/12/2019 at 8:43 AM, MR.CLEAN said:

Na, I've always had some creative procrastinating tools that help me be prolific. For instance, this morning I completed two "Statements of Claim" for a couple of FINRA arbitrations, then checked SA and posted (maybe 5 minutes of break).  Then I made coffee while listening to a Colbert video.  Then I drafted the corresponding "Claim Information Sheets" for the arbs, then came to the office and posted on SA again.  Then drafted a licensing and distribution agreement for a company that makes punching bags, and now I'm posting again.

I leave in a few minutes to take my boss to a meeting an hour away, after which we go to a TV studio to put on a webinar about certain class action lawsuit issues.  Then I'll come back to the office to do more drafting.  Hell I've already billed 5 hours of work today and it's not noon yet.  I'll probably be doing a webinar for marijuana banking issues over the next month or two - boss has always loved my sailing videos and wants me to use my skills to make us both more money.

 

 

Put the pink flag on the  back wall for the webinar. One of the twins thinks dat would be cool

Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the thread title, I thought this was going to either be good news or bad news about Clean's VD test results.  I thought he might have been worried about those Thai Ladyboys from his previous SA reporting trips in Asia.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JK, congrats Alan.  Great job!  Well done.  But if you end up being like all the other lawyer douchebags and drive a 5 series BMW'er around, I will lose all respect for you.  :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/11/2019 at 8:32 AM, MR.CLEAN said:

Just got back my Multistate Professional Responsibility Examination back from NCBEX and learned that I have just crushed the final exam I needed to be admitted to the Michigan Bar.  So now I can represent people here and in California.  This has been a two year road of insanity, weeks of dedicated studying, huge financial outlays, and now, finally, I can relax.

Or rather I could, but I've got a dozen cases I'm working on...

Congratulate me or tell me to fuck off. I don't care!

 

 

Fuck Off

 

 

 

 

 

And come to DAGO and I'll get you a pastry from the Green Cross Bakery

 

 

Oh and Fuck Off. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...