Apple the horror movie

Results will be available to HR for optimizing health plan costs, no doubt...

Didn't we learn enough from the guy with the funny mustache back in WWII that this stuff doesn't fly?

As I have mentioned in previous DNA testing threads, a friend of ours is a retired CT State Trooper who used to work with, and drive for noted forensic scientist, Dr. Henry Lee.  Dr. Lee told him that one should NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, give up one's DNA to ANYONE, unless compelled by a Court Order.  I concur, and will never volunteer mine.......

• Like 1
17 minutes ago, Rum Runner said:

Better than Facebook doing the same. If that happened then the Russians would have all our genetic profiles. 

You mean they don't?

I barely dodged a bullet years ago.  Shortly after I left the Army, they began collecting DNA samples from every soldier.  I get the reason, but I'm glad they didn't get my DNA, they have my fingerprints, that's enough.

I'm surprised they aren't using micro chips in place of dog tags yet.

7 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

I barely dodged a bullet years ago.  Shortly after I left the Army, they began collecting DNA samples from every soldier.  I get the reason, but I'm glad they didn't get my DNA, they have my fingerprints, that's enough.

I'm surprised they aren't using micro chips in place of dog tags yet.

There HERE!

Under a Defense Department contract, scientists at the Battelle Memorial Institute here have been helping the Army design the plastic tag. It would contain medical information vital to decisions medics might have to make in a foxhole.

If a soldier were wounded, such data as drug allergies, chronic conditions, inoculations and a record of recent illnesses and medications would be accessible by plugging the dog tag into a reader the size of a pocket radio.

The information would appear on a liquid crystal display. The medic could even insert into the dog tag the nature of the soldier`s wound and the treatment he received.

The equivalent of about five pages of information could be logged into a tiny microprocessor encased in plastic with roughly the same dimensions as the metal identification tags GIs have long worn around their necks.

In addition to the medical record, the microprocessor could contain financial and service data, helping eliminate some of the records that traditionally have plagued military clerks

1 minute ago, garuda3 said:

There HERE!

Under a Defense Department contract, scientists at the Battelle Memorial Institute here have been helping the Army design the plastic tag. It would contain medical information vital to decisions medics might have to make in a foxhole.

If a soldier were wounded, such data as drug allergies, chronic conditions, inoculations and a record of recent illnesses and medications would be accessible by plugging the dog tag into a reader the size of a pocket radio.

The information would appear on a liquid crystal display. The medic could even insert into the dog tag the nature of the soldier`s wound and the treatment he received.

The equivalent of about five pages of information could be logged into a tiny microprocessor encased in plastic with roughly the same dimensions as the metal identification tags GIs have long worn around their necks.

In addition to the medical record, the microprocessor could contain financial and service data, helping eliminate some of the records that traditionally have plagued military clerks

Yeah, but I meant under the skin, like you get your dog 'chipped'.  I'm sure that's coming soon too.

there was a couple of grad studients who started a dna firm , asking for samples..  the database is quite large now and i believe they've actively traded with several other companies,  when it was used to capture one of the california killers,  they created a company and now they are actively shopping their database to all law enforcement agencies in the country ,  no one who ever submitted a sample had authorized such access..   tough shit...     

1 hour ago, Cristoforo said:

What did you do that you don’t want to get caught? 

Not a damn thing!  But, if one of my three brothers has an ilegitamite (sp?) child he doesn't know about, I don't want the grown kid to track him down via my DNA.  This has happened to unsuspecting people, at least once....

How come there is no spell check on this board??

1 hour ago, Cristoforo said:

What did you do that you don’t want to get caught? 

Getting caught? well everyone lives a perfect life , according to who, you. maybe you health insurance is raise or canceled due to your DNA, maybe one of your parents is not yours, maybe your not relate to your brother or sisters ,maybe one of your children is not yours, maybe your DNA shows up at a crime scene , that you didn't commit. maybe your nationality is different then you think, that your boss hates, maybe even your sex is different then your birthcerticate ( hermordite or an extra Xor Y chrosone) or if some kid from vietnam shows up at your door and says Hi dad? or you donate sperm to get thru college ?  The list goes ..............

We all don't live perfect lives like you

35 minutes ago, Cristoforo said:

So you guys are afraid of your bastard children showing up at your door one day and you having to take responsibility for your actions?

everyone knows the red headed kid at the Christmas dinner table is illegitimate without a dna rest 

maybe cause I'm a Boomer, yes we all know about the "red head kid" but that's  not the point, why do we need to DNA test everyone and air all our dirty laundry. some secrets should be left in the closet. ( a pun) 

The real point of this lastest DNA testing is not about the past , but now their going to use it to control your future. ie would be health care , who gets what based on your DNA, or how children are educated based on their DNA, Who really know's what the these people have planned for you based on your DNA.

I think it's funny, all the sci-fi movies and comic books of the 50's are real today. from space travel to talking to a machine in your house or car to do things for you.                     The one I really find interesting was Dick Tracey talking to his watch , we all laughed that it wouldn't happen well here are and every one is talking to their watch,                      shit cars are even being control by your thoughts going to google maps.

so where will this DNA testing go and how will they control the masses with this info???????? maybe you can't have children with out a DNA match of your partner?   That would put an end to the red head kid, By the way red heads only make up 2% of the world population, and I dated a few. ( and their all crazy)

As a former red head, I am quite offended by the denigration of red heads.  Red hair happens to run in my family.  My father and his father and mother were redheads.  Even my Italian grandmother was a red head.  I don't need a DNA test to know where my red hair came from.  

Go pick on blonds or something, maybe blond jokes can become a thing.  We all know blonds aren't always too bright.

For those who have an impaired sense of humor, this post was written with tongue firmly in cheek.  It is a sign of the times that I even have to make this disclaimer.  Must be a lot of blonds here.  :P    

16 hours ago, garuda3 said:

Getting caught? well everyone lives a perfect life , according to who, you. maybe you health insurance is raise or canceled due to your DNA, maybe one of your parents is not yours, maybe your not relate to your brother or sisters ,maybe one of your children is not yours, maybe your DNA shows up at a crime scene , that you didn't commit. maybe your nationality is different then you think, that your boss hates, maybe even your sex is different then your birthcerticate ( hermordite or an extra Xor Y chrosone) or if some kid from vietnam shows up at your door and says Hi dad? or you donate sperm to get thru college ?  The list goes ..............

We all don't live perfect lives like you

Yes, this exactly why Dr. Henry Lee told my friend to never give up his DNA voluntarily....

4 hours ago, garuda3 said:

...going to use it to control your future. ie would be health care ...

Yup.

Just for grins, go out to the interwebz and do a search for something random.  Rhine river-cruises, or whatever.

Then click to a site you frequent (FB, SA, whatever), and notice that you're now getting ads for Rhine river-cruises...

It's magical.

Now, for a thought-exercise.... imagine that your healthcare provider has access to data that would allow them to know what you purchase.  Anywhere. Cigars or scotch at the local shop with your credit-card.  Oversized meals at the restaurant.  Fatty foods and candy at the grocery store.  Your entire buying history on Amazon, or any other online store.

And then.... pretend that they aren't going to use that data to make your healthcare decisions for you (and raise your costs to "encourage" your behaviors...)

Isn't pretending fun? 

On 12/13/2019 at 11:34 AM, Grande Mastere Dreade said:

they created a company and now they are actively shopping their database to all law enforcement agencies in the country ,  no one who ever submitted a sample had authorized such access..   tough shit...     

They had Child Safety day at our kids school they would take fingerprints to help if the kids were ever kidnapped. I opted out every year. The principal asked me why and was shocked when I told her it was useless and more risk to my kids then help. What’s his fingerprints going to do? help identify a body and nothing else. And then who has access to this database of fingerprints? Believe me if there was a legit use for a elementary school kids finger prints I am sure 10,000 prints could be lifted off of every surface in his bedroom. 

9 minutes ago, sledracr said:

Isn't pretending fun? 

then fun becomes scary , when you buy the car they want you too, or what stocks you'll invest in, Then comes the real "HERE'S JOHNNY " controling who you'll vote for , maybe give your DNA at the polling booth, to see if you ballot is even counted,

That's if we still have elections

18 hours ago, billy backstay said:

Not a damn thing!  But, if one of my three brothers has an ilegitamite (sp?) child he doesn't know about, I don't want the grown kid to track him down via my DNA.  This has happened to unsuspecting people, at least once....

How come there is no spell check on this board??

Because Snaggs would go nuts...

The aliens are going to arrive for the resources on the planet.  They won't care one iota about us as we are merely fleas on the camel.

Would they consciously exterminate us or look at our DNA?  Doubt it... we are simply an academic curiosity at best.  Something sticky on the sole of their boots at worst.

Go get tested for DNA... it wont matter... you are doomed!

DOOMED!!!

Oh yes...  best to rack up that credit card now, while you have the chance.