Jump to content

Personal Pics Thread?


Willin'

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

 Is that spherical blue thing a golf ball, or an Easter egg????

Blue Tee... traditionalley fiore the golfere thayt wanttes playe the loungeste holle possibelle.                                  :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

Fraudellente entreys wille be piunished to the fullestte extente of the Law.                            :)

the law of moonlight strolls is beckoning.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Here is mom and dad and the family many years ago. Mom had had some soggy oats that morning and uncle Bert took the pic when we were sniffing butt, he wasn't very good at photography, what with hooves and all...

https://media.wsimag.com/attachments/3f8ec90cbededd6d230060ae87835b568a1c9369/store/fill/545/307/a93e96b39538f86a33173135d193639f86f49d29c96b1bff92225508e22d/A-group-of-icelandic-horses-in-the-snow.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Norse Horse said:

Here is mom and dad and the family many years ago. Mom had had some soggy oats that morning and uncle Bert took the pic when we were sniffing butt, he wasn't very good at photography, what with hooves and all...

https://media.wsimag.com/attachments/3f8ec90cbededd6d230060ae87835b568a1c9369/store/fill/545/307/a93e96b39538f86a33173135d193639f86f49d29c96b1bff92225508e22d/A-group-of-icelandic-horses-in-the-snow.jpg

Your dad was Ginger Baker?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Me and my kitty

 

image.png.2f25f332483c17262780eb2d44b30531.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Sail4beer said:

Was it David Crosby look alike year or what?!

my first thought too when I saw that pic!

 

 

hitching back from Ensenada race with my buddy Pete.. he's dead now.. I'm in the hat. circa 84 or 85

image.png.6a1ed6860db453914a8c9be2655c1947.png

 

more recently at Beaver Creek. couple years ago...

image.png.25b0b162fe8c3497100191be9d9a9b28.png

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Delivery.jpg

Ya got some serious brain coral going on there, bro! ;) I've got that Pusser's pennant hanging in my shop now!

This was before I fully comprehended proper sushi presentation.

10922291_10205937699272306_5219355758906

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, billy backstay said:

10497289_10204750645639350_5947637872749924854_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_ohc=s_0JaAAb36AAQl0vJvTY8TqfQPXRiNaY-FdXFtODjp7jWyQZ8Y57Y9HHg&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=bf09ff607e56556305b53ddfcdbe515a&oe=5E6EB979

 

Daughters and I, sailing around Fort Sumter, Charleston Harbor, on Christmas day, 5 or 10 years ago. I'm down a few pounds now, so double chin has disappeared...  But, I have way less hair!!


Baryl!

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RobbieB said:

1983 vs 2019.  Still a tad loose on the traveler....

1983_laser_pic.jpg

laser close 3DSC_0848_1614421711.jpg

Sorry.  First shot was 1980.  They say as you get older your eyesight is the second thing to go.  I can't remember what the first is...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Retired BN said:

Late 80's delivery of a C&C 41 back from the BVI. Driving the Tripp 33 a few years ago in the second picture.

Delivery.jpg

Tripp.jpg

41 Redline?  I sailed on one of those a few times.  Nice boat!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I was scrolling up from the end of the thread and read this.

48 minutes ago, Somebody Else said:
On 12/16/2019 at 9:47 AM, Ishmael said:

Nope, that's Kim Bottles.

...standing next to Susan Bottles.

Then I scrolled to this. It was vaguely disorienting for a moment.  :D

image.png.172b882c2157ee0442ec32ce16d2b328.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/15/2019 at 11:47 PM, Meat Wad said:

Looking back in time can be fun.
I expect many  of you to comment on me and the Ed in the second photo. Who would have thought that 20 years later we would have come together to create this place.

 

First:
Me at the age of about 20, being a sailmaker. 1979 - 1980. I used to repair all the Sewing Machines too. (zoom in and look at the wall.
dave_1024.thumb.jpg.7853297fb6f92233b74a6c8afbfa0a7c.jpg

 


Sedond:
The 1979 Area J representatives to the US Sailing Prince of Wales Nationals, L2R, Me (the Dawg), Scot (the Ed), Dave K (Deke)

pow79.thumb.jpg.ea2af656ca456032f92910c0ea6d353f.jpg

 

Third:
Fast forward 30 years and here I am sailing in the 2.4mR class as a disabled person in the 2011 Chicago NACC

2011nacc_davidtrude_sml.jpg.cff085659285bedfdb46988e34030243.jpg

 

Dude! Had no idea you were still knockin' round this site. 

 

Good to see it 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Willin' said:

Man, there sure are a lot of formerly young people on this site! Where are the younger Anarchists, Instagram?

Yep....

I am going to say it more bluntly...

It looks like we are mostly just a bunch of old fat white guys...

And I consider myself one of them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Laurent said:

Yep....

I am going to say it more bluntly...

It looks like we are mostly just a bunch of old fat white guys...

And I consider myself one of them.

NTTAWWT

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:
26 minutes ago, Laurent said:

Yep....

I am going to say it more bluntly...

It looks like we are mostly just a bunch of old fat white guys...

And I consider myself one of them.

NTTAWWT

I've been hanging around this place since before I bought my Beneteau 40.7, when I was learning to race a C&C jib & main.

That was...2001? So I was maybe 35.

 

You know...young. Young-ish, anyway.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Laurent said:

Yep....

I am going to say it more bluntly...

It looks like we are mostly just a bunch of old fat white guys...

And I consider myself one of them.

Speak for yourself - I've lost 40 Lbs in the past few years.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have much in the way of "me" shots as I'm usually behind the camera or too busy worrying about what we are doing. Not snapshots for certain. But one of me at the end of the bus on J. McKee's Riptide 44 "Dark Star" with Jonathan driving and me giving helpful directions as usual.

 

DRKSTR .med.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, B.J. Porter said:

I've been hanging around this place since before I bought my Beneteau 40.7, when I was learning to race a C&C jib & main.

That was...2001? So I was maybe 35.

 

You know...young. Young-ish, anyway.

 

No, this is young Ish.

KxlxzJy.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Willin' said:

Man, there sure are a lot of formerly young people on this site! Where are the younger Anarchists, Instagram?

My Space.

Link to post
Share on other sites

On an aid drop hike to Sister Flora’s orphanage based at Île-à-Vache, Haiti a few years back…

Untitled-1.jpg.43e5f7ffae975f60d36dad141324664e.jpg

I met Frank Virgintino as it happens some months after… while perched at sin-city Boca Chica DR. Without his well-written pilot PDF guides that a Texan had traded me in Grand Cayman I would have never known it was a place to go visit… (the force is strong amongst the cruising community)
Offshore Haiti it’s a humbling experience to venture out to and I’ll guarantee you’ll be in tears on departure.


H A P P Y   X M A S   T O   A L L   A N A R C H I S T S  


PS: That's a very kool seaplane UTBOS!!

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/18/2019 at 4:36 PM, BravoBravo said:

IMG.jpg

betcha wish ya still had that wagon!

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Marinatrix447 said:

On an aid drop hike to Sister Flora’s orphanage

I read this as 'on an acid drop hike'... That sounded pretty scary!

And a wonderful Holidays to you too, Marinatrix.

 

    Guess which scurvy dog in this photo is me!

1214818105_PintaCrewSTJ1.thumb.jpg.6609a0b50658e2bfb8ce5d12cf4e5368.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Rasputin22 said:

You got it Beer. I can't remember that Belushi looking guy looking that much like Belushi.

That photo was from when a big Hollywood production of Christopher Columbus' first landfall in the New World was filmed in St John. The PINTA was the actual 500th anniversary edition reproduction that the Spanish had built and it was crewed my Spanish Navy personnel. They sailed those tubs over from Spain on their own bottoms and the trip took longer than Columbus did in the originals. The Spanish Navy Skipper had commanded their Tall Ship and was a Submarine Captain when he got chosen to skipper the PINTA. I think that was him in the middle of the photo. 

    Actually, there were two movies filmed that year. Here is a good comparison of the two. I was in the 'Discovery' version with Marlon Brando and Tom Sellick, as well as Catherine Zeta-Jones.

 

 

https://www.slashfilm.com/1992s-two-columbus-movies-head-to-head/

MSDCHCO EC013

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/16/2019 at 1:33 PM, Ishmael said:

There are a lot of Anarchists in this picture. I'm one of them.

9QWWG8OpHPT773qa1RMpnNOIDvh-3NG2NVMkh9E9

That’s me in the light green shirt..

Sweet Hart on my right

we had a great day, thanks Bob, Jill  Kim and Susan.

we sailed up and back on FL, a memorable experience

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, olaf hart said:

That’s me in the light green shirt..

Sweet Hart on my right

we had a great day, thanks Bob, Jill  Kim and Susan.

we sailed up and back on FL, a memorable experience

I was hoping some of the un-named would step up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/19/2019 at 1:39 PM, RobbieB said:

Sorry.  First shot was 1980.  They say as you get older your eyesight is the second thing to go.  I can't remember what the first is...

 

Two rules about getting older:

1) Never trust a fart.

2) Never waste an erection!!

 

Hat, coat, leaving now.........

Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, three things happen to everyone as they age.

First your eyes start to fail

Second your sex drive wanes.

Third..... I forget what the third one is.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SloopJonB said:

Actually, three things happen to everyone as they age.

First your eyes start to fail

Second your sex drive wanes.

Third..... I forget what the third one is.

LOL.

Check , not check, can't remember the third.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Me and Missus BB hosting our annual family summer party, when we lived on the water, with boats at the dock, just a few months before our wedding,  34 years ago today...  I think we had already started on the cocktails..LOL  And, I had a lot more hair then!!

 

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people standing, shorts, child and outdoor

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, boomer said:

Yes Ish that was the final Spike Memorial in 2016.

More then a few SAers in this vid, too.   Merry Christmas!

 

Great Video!  Did Bob Perry have anything to do with Francis Lee?  That boat is dead sexy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, RobbieB said:

Great Video!  Did Bob Perry have anything to do with Francis Lee?  That boat is dead sexy.

 

16 minutes ago, Snaggletooth said:

evereythinge!                           

 

:)

... except pay for it.

That’s where Kim comes into the picture!

Link to post
Share on other sites

I must have upset Crissy again.  

You're keeping busy with that photo I bet.  Don't wear yourself out my friend, give your hand a rest now and then.

 

PM me your email address and I'll send you some really good ones.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ed Lada said:

Here, read all about it.

 

Holy crap.  Talk about good taste in boats!  White Cap is fine as well.  Yes, I started reading the thread on the last page.  When I see a thread of 100+ pages I start on the first page then go to the last page and work backwards in 5 page increments.  SA threads are like watching a Dateline you don't miss too much if you catch about 10-15 minutes of the 1 hr show.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RobbieB said:

Holy crap.  Talk about good taste in boats!  White Cap is fine as well.  Yes, I started reading the thread on the last page.  When I see a thread of 100+ pages I start on the first page then go to the last page and work backwards in 5 page increments.  SA threads are like watching a Dateline you don't miss too much if you catch about 10-15 minutes of the 1 hr show.

You might like this thread as well, after you finish the Frankie thread.

Catari is one of my favorites of Bob's boats.  There are so many to chose from, it's hard to pick just one.  Bob and some of his clients have been incredibly open and generous in sharing with us.   

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

You might like this thread as well, after you finish the Frankie thread.

Catari is one of my favorites of Bob's boats.  There are so many to chose from, it's hard to pick just one.  Bob and some of his clients have been incredibly open and generous in sharing with us.   

 

Yes.  Bob is great how he shares things here.  I'll check this thread out as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

I saw Catari for sale recently.

Still brand new I presume.

Yeah, I guess ND got too involved with the house he is building on an island somewhere.  Too bad he never sailed the boat, it's a beauty.  If I had a few million to burn, I would be interested.  A brand new, beautiful custom Perry boat, ready to go.  Do you know the price?

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, SloopJonB said:

https://www.yachtworld.com/boats/2020/pacific-seacraft-southsea-61-2934779/

POA - which usually translates as "laughable". Actually, it might not be Catari - that ad looks like they want to do more of them.

the pics/renderings in this listing are 2 different boats. One a ketch with dual cockpit, the other a sloop with aft cockpit. The layout drawing looks like a smaller boat, more like a 50'.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Announcements