Jump to content

The F1 2020 thread


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, SCARECROW said:

So according to my feed the whole F1 world is shocked and disgusted that Haas did nothing to mazepin.  What did they really expect?

My younger son says the money that he brings is difficult for a team like haas to walk away from which is fairly obvious but he also read that people within the team on top of the growing swell of folks outside the team will make it difficult for the team to maintain their position. We will see. Maybe Putin will convince the kids dad to put his money on kvyat for a season and allow the thing to blow over for a year or two. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Only max is allowed to do that at the RBR?

I really thought when he started taking on that beast that it was just the sort of thing to distract him from his primary occupation. It seems to have done no such thing, and perhaps the opposite. He

The Mercedes twitter admin is a riot At least they can laugh at themselves. Although I know GR isnt laughing. MS

Posted Images

1 hour ago, SCARECROW said:

So according to my feed the whole F1 world is shocked and disgusted that Haas did nothing to mazepin.  What did they really expect?

My younger son says the money that he brings is difficult for a team like haas to walk away from which is fairly obvious but he also read that people within the team on top of the growing swell of folks outside the team will make it difficult for the team to maintain their position. We will see. Maybe Putin will convince the kids dad to put his money on kvyat for a season and allow the thing to blow over for a year or two. Btw, this is where Bernie really helped with the behind the scenes moves to maintain the shine on the F1 brand. He would never have allowed this to go this long without a definitive correction imo.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Exactly there are ways to take dads money and make a show of putting Jr in the naughty corner.  It’s called spin and Haas are failing at it badly.

Even the girl involved did a better job of leveraging the situation into the right kind of exposure than the team have.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

The whole Mazepin scenario (I mean in it's entirety -not just this indiscretion) is just frustrating in general.

5th in F2, at least known for some 'questionable' defending/driving, ugh... I realize he brings the money to the table, but it is just annoying.

And I agree, Chris... like Bernie or not, this wouldn't have progressed close to this level of incompetence...

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, suider said:

The whole Mazepin scenario (I mean in it's entirety -not just this indiscretion) is just frustrating in general.

5th in F2, at least known for some 'questionable' defending/driving, ugh... I realize he brings the money to the table, but it is just annoying.

And I agree, Chris... like Bernie or not, this wouldn't have progressed close to this level of incompetence...

 

Just like politics, money talks and bullshit walks!  First I had heard of this.  A billionaires son can get laid anytime he wants, but no need to post tha shit on Instagram.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/23/2020 at 9:40 PM, SCARECROW said:

So according to my feed the whole F1 world is shocked and disgusted that Haas did nothing to mazepin.  What did they really expect?

I read somewhere that the latest name for what we used to call “sugar daddies” is “wallets,” “That girl done found her wallet!”

Haas done found their wallet! They get to experience many of the same feelings that the girls get to feel, they just have a different way to get the aftertaste. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I read somewhere that the latest name for what we used to call “sugar daddies” is “wallets,” “That girl done found her wallet!”

Haas done found their wallet! They get to experience many of the same feelings that the girls get to feel, they just have a different way to get the aftertaste. 

I first heard “how do you make a small fortune in motoracing?..You start with a large one” when I worked in F1 in the seventies, and F1 has worked at taking billions of $ from rich people ever since.
So saying that the whole of F1 is disgusted at Marzepan is bollocks, they will continue taking the money and hold their noses when dealing with yet another spoiled brat rich kid who can’t stop doing stupid shit... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ro! said:

I first heard “how do you make a small fortune in motoracing?..You start with a large one” when I worked in F1 in the seventies, and F1 has worked at taking billions of $ from rich people ever since.
So saying that the whole of F1 is disgusted at Marzepan is bollocks, they will continue taking the money and hold their noses when dealing with yet another spoiled brat rich kid who can’t stop doing stupid shit... 

Aside from playing the marketing game badly I think it’s clear Haas have got their heads on the right way at present. One driver paying to play.  One driver being heavily subsidised by the engine supplier and almost certainly bringing a few small “family” sponsors and some  easy exposure Haas can leverage for their other sponsors.  Ferrari setting up the subsidised “Haas unit” next door to work around their salary cap issues. 
 

their main issue right now is keeping everything just the right side of the rules so they don’t end up getting protested racing point style.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SCARECROW said:

Aside from playing the marketing game badly I think it’s clear Haas have got their heads on the right way at present. One driver paying to play.  One driver being heavily subsidised by the engine supplier and almost certainly bringing a few small “family” sponsors and some  easy exposure Haas can leverage for their other sponsors.  Ferrari setting up the subsidised “Haas unit” next door to work around their salary cap issues. 
 

their main issue right now is keeping everything just the right side of the rules so they don’t end up getting protested racing point style.

You sure changed your tune since October when I said Mick and marzepan was going to Haas and you told me mick was sure to be going to Alfa and the brat wouldn’t get a super license...and then the other day that the whole of F1 was disgusted with marzepan famiglia!

and really Haas playing the marketing game badly! What fucking game have they got...and  the “ main issue” is keeping Ferrari/ Haas the right side of the rules!..no..they haven’t had any practice at it the last few years...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, ro! said:

You sure changed your tune since October when I said Mick and marzepan was going to Haas and you told me mick was sure to be going to Alfa and the brat wouldn’t get a super license...and then the other day that the whole of F1 was disgusted with marzepan famiglia!

and really Haas playing the marketing game badly! What fucking game have they got...and  the “ main issue” is keeping Ferrari/ Haas the right side of the rules!..no..they haven’t had any practice at it the last few years...

 

you really have a hard on for me don't you.  From memory I said it would be funny if Mazepin (try and get a couple of vowels right, he's a rich brat but not christmas cake icing) didn't get his super licence and pointed out it was a possibility.  At the time everyone thought Schumacher was probably going to Alfa, he'd just spent an entire foggy weekend walking around in their tracksuits.

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SCARECROW said:

you really have a hard on for me don't you.  From memory I said it would be funny if Mazepin (try and get a couple of vowels right, he's a rich brat but not christmas cake icing) didn't get his super licence and pointed out it was a possibility.  At the time everyone thought Schumacher was probably going to Alfa, he'd just spent an entire foggy weekend walking around in their tracksuits.

If you look back at my posts you will see I know how to spell the name but for now it’s the marzepan family.

My problem with you is you come here with your Motorsport.com bullshit and expect everyone to tell you how smart you are, but when you are proved wrong you never admit it, you just make up another bs story...Everyone didn’t think Mick was going to Alfa, you just listened to the wrong sources...again.

So ..no ..I don’t have a hard on for you...you don’t have the warmth or the depth... 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, ro! said:

If you look back at my posts you will see I know how to spell the name but for now it’s the marzepan family.

My problem with you is you come here with your Motorsport.com bullshit and expect everyone to tell you how smart you are, but when you are proved wrong you never admit it, you just make up another bs story...Everyone didn’t think Mick was going to Alfa, you just listened to the wrong sources...again.

So ..no ..I don’t have a hard on for you...you don’t have the warmth or the depth... 

Sorry, man, if you read your posts in this thread you will see a pattern of aggressive in your face responses which are abusive in nature and bring very little new insight to the subject matter. That's my take. You've done it to me and others and it's a fucking drag. Lighten up and go pick on people somewhere else or just talk about F1. Please and thank you :)

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Chris in Santa Cruz, CA said:

Sorry, man, if you read your posts in this thread you will see a pattern of aggressive in your face responses which are abusive in nature and bring very little new insight to the subject matter. That's my take. You've done it to me and others and it's a fucking drag. Lighten up and go pick on people somewhere else or just talk about F1. Please and thank you :)

If you don’t like what I have to say or my way of saying it there is a remedy...it’s called the ignore feature...or you could let the Ed know how aggressive and abusive I am and have him ban me for being right now and again...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, vibroman said:

Sir Lewis eh?

good onim

https://www.bbc.com/sport/55475887


Happy New Year

 

Good story found on your link, thanks!!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/extra/c1nx5lutpg/The-real-Lewis-Hamilton-story

Lewis Hamilton set the world on fire on his very first serious run in a Formula 1 car.

At Silverstone, in September 2006, a 21-year-old Hamilton was given an evaluation test by McLaren as the team pondered his promotion to F1 the following year.

McLaren’s then race driver Pedro de la Rosa was there as a benchmark. The engineers preparing the car knew Hamilton had talent - the team had been supporting his career for the past eight years - but they were expecting him, like most other drivers, to need time to adjust to the extreme demands of a grand prix car.

They were wrong. After a couple of familiarisation runs, Hamilton was given a set of new tyres, and immediately he was matching De la Rosa’s times.

“Just looking at the data for a couple of seconds,” De la Rosa recalls, “I realised we had a massive problem - me and all the other drivers on the grid.

“When I saw the strength of Lewis, I realised this guy is on a different level.”  

The test team reported back to the factory that Hamilton was “incredible”, and before long his place in the team for 2007, as team-mate to double world champion Fernando Alonso, was confirmed. It was, says Martin Whitmarsh, McLaren’s chief executive officer at the time, “one of the easier decisions”.

Formula 1’s greatest debut season followed. Hamilton was unlucky not to win the title, but made amends a year later as one of the most dramatic finales in sporting history made him - at the time - the youngest ever F1 world champion.

Year after year, Hamilton has gone on producing moments that have been carved into F1 legend. Jaw-dropping qualifying laps and remarkable race drives continuing through the campaigns with McLaren and his later move to Mercedes, where he has not only dominated on track for the past seven years but become a global icon with a reach far beyond his sport. There have been a few controversies along the way, too.

According to many of those who have shared the journey with him, Hamilton is fair, generous, respectful, honest and honourable, but also ruthless, focused, self-obsessed and ultra-competitive; insular and intense but also warm and open.

And now, he is the most successful driver in the history of F1. He broke Michael Schumacher’s record of 91 wins last month, has equalled the German's record of seven world championships - and has every chance of adding an eighth next year.

This is how he did it.

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, billy backstay said:

 

END RACISM NOW!!!

 

I really thought when he started taking on that beast that it was just the sort of thing to distract him from his primary occupation. It seems to have done no such thing, and perhaps the opposite. He was a focused machine all year. I know little about the qualifications for Knighthood, but he certainly dominated his chosen craft, all the while working at a not so popular effort for the benefit of others, quite possibly to his own detriment. Those are pretty good qualifications, especially in this day and age. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very rare to be honored while active. Only one other sportsman, a cricketer I believe, and no F1 drivers. Jackie Stewart was knighted post career. I guess technically Frank Williams was active but not a driver. I wonder if bernie will ever make the cut ;-) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, SCARECROW said:
18 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I know little about the qualifications for Knighthood

I think it’s something about rescuing princesses from towers and/or dragons.

They might as well dish them out with a box of breakfast cereal for what they're worth.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, mad said:
17 hours ago, SCARECROW said:
19 hours ago, Sol Rosenberg said:

I know little about the qualifications for Knighthood

I think it’s something about rescuing princesses from towers and/or dragons.

They might as well dish them out with a box of breakfast cereal for what they're worth.

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/12/31/uk/new-year-honours-2020-celebrities-intl-scli-gbr/index.html

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, vibroman said:

Very rare to be honored while active. Only one other sportsman, a cricketer I believe, and no F1 drivers. Jackie Stewart was knighted post career. I guess technically Frank Williams was active but not a driver. I wonder if bernie will ever make the cut ;-) 

Andy Murray and Ben Ainslie both Sportsmen knighted whilst active In the last few years

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, sodajerk said:

This just in...Cyril is out at Renault.

WTF?

Hmm.... politics in a French racing team?!   I think he did a great job getting Renault back up on the podium.  I hope this doesn’t derail Alonso’s performance. Hopefully, Cyril lands in a nice position.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, silent bob said:

Hmm.... politics in a French racing team?!   I think he did a great job getting Renault back up on the podium.  I hope this doesn’t derail Alonso’s performance. Hopefully, Cyril lands in a nice position.  

Agreed...always liked Cyril...will be interesting to see where he ends up.

In retrospect, this probably makes Danny Ric feel a bit better about his decision to jump.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements


×
×
  • Create New...