34 minutes ago, Ed Lada said:

I don't know about the smaller or budget airlines but United, American, and the other big carriers have waived change fees during the Covid situation and some of them are going to eliminate change fees altogether.  

How are you feeling today? I heard a good description of the difference between the seasonal flu and CV-19 , now that seasonal flu season is here. 
The seasonal flu hits hard and fast, as in feeling OK in the morning and going down hill in the afternoon 

where the China virus is a slow build up of varying symptoms 

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi ya'll. Well this is a son of a bitch. I've weathered a lot of shit and discomfort in my life but this is a MF.....and I would classify my case as moderate. I can't imagine those who become critical

Well...............after two pretty shitty days....not as shitty as the first round mind you, but still pretty shitty.....with the exact same symptoms but less intense, today I feel better. Not 100% b

To help with any confusion from the update today. The Rules: 1. Basically, you can't leave the house for any reason, but if you have to, then you can. 2. Masks are useless, but maybe yo

Posted Images

1 hour ago, BravoBravo said:

How are you feeling today? I heard a good description of the difference between the seasonal flu and CV-19 , now that seasonal flu season is here. 
The seasonal flu hits hard and fast, as in feeling OK in the morning and going down hill in the afternoon 

where the China virus is a slow build up of varying symptoms 

Thanks for asking.  I don't feel any worse than I do on an average day.  My wife hasn't noticed anything unusual either.  

• Like 2

An update to the update.  

First of all thanks for all the good wishes and also for all of the vowels.  Y'all are very kind.

Tomorrow will be one week since my wife had the covid test which was positive.  Neither of us have had any symptoms which we could attribute to the virus with any certainty.  Every day that passes encourages me to think that we will not be affected in any serious way.  We aren't out of the woods yet, but I am hopeful that we are almost out of the danger zone.  A few more days, and we will know for sure.  At any rate, another week of quarantine and then if all is well we will be free to do as we please.  

Thanks again for the support!

• Like 9

Excellent news, for a change!

I hope both of you stay OK and healthy.

Is there any chatter on how Poland will react to the spiking infections? Here in Germany a slightly mellowed version of the spring lockdown has been announced. I might take up knitting. Or buy some nice scissors and start collecting all the vowels from my books.

12 minutes ago, Grog said:

Excellent news, for a change!

I hope both of you stay OK and healthy.

Is there any chatter on how Poland will react to the spiking infections? Here in Germany a slightly mellowed version of the spring lockdown has been announced. I might take up knitting. Or buy some nice scissors and start collecting all the vowels from my books.

It's looks like we will get locked down too.  I live on the border with Germany, across the river from Frankfurt-Oder and 100 km from Berlin.  

Grab those vowels, just make sure you strip the 'e's out of the umlauts, we need every vowel we can get!   

• 3 weeks later...

I don't want to get off on a rant here but I just came back from getting an airfill at my local dive shop. They had two small classes going  and only one person was wearing a mask -- me. Most present were young people of course but I think we've all seen that that doesn't stop them from passing it around. I was on the staff here for many years BITD so I felt entitled to give everyone present a hard time and did so. The most egregious thing to my mind is the owners are staunch Trumpeteers. They set the tone, and that's the problem. 

Heh. NC ... ya can't sit around a bar drinking beer but it's OK to buddy breathe with a complete stranger. Fuck yeah.

67 days until January 20

~200,000 new cases per day

13,400,000 new cases total

1.8% death rate

240,000 new deaths total

Rounding up, let's call it an even half million dead before inauguration day.

But hey, freedom.

• 4 weeks later...

BREAKING NEWS BREAKTHRU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! -- While biking, a dangerous activity no matter how small yer town is, I was almost hit by a Trump-loving flag-waving (two Trump banners and 2 rebels on 8' poles mounted in the bed of beater 90s Toyota pickup) redneck. He missed me and I almost missed the fish eye look he gave me because ................. he was wearing a surgical mask. I shit you not. I'm having cognitive dissonance. Bigly.

Later on Karen patrol in the black and po whites grocery store near me, only one po white redneck gal with no mask. She was mighty proud of that fact as well. I side slithered on by without comment because half the Dems here are carrying concealed plus all the Rs. A crab's got to know his limitations.

• Like 2