Rollin’ with Lupe.   

Thx M447 for the heads up.

@ 45 sec that’s Mos Def (I’m told) on the door behind him.   The whole piece is a look back to NYC ‘9O’s -  Nas , Mos Def, Talib Kweli and company.  Cool jazz runout ala Nas’s dad Olu Dara.    Smokin’ track.

Lupe on another level.  

That BLOCK party, Mr. B oh my… what a line-up.

...about two decades ago I was skiing in St. Anton, walked into a hip mountain top bar for a lunch break… and was hit wid this:

In a flash changed my earscape worldview… and led me to PDQ to Erykah, who BTW did great things for her band livestreaming during lockdown.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Marinatrix447 said:

That BLOCK party, Mr. B oh my… what a line-up.

...about two decades ago I was skiing in St. Anton, walked into a hip mountain top bar for a lunch break… and was hit wid this:

In a flash changed my earscape worldview… and led me to PDQ to Erykah, who BTW did great things for her band livestreaming during lockdown.

Yep, I gotcha ya.   Know those ‘moments’!  

I drifted for a few years on my listening and then this young cat Joe Kay & his Soulection friends lit-Me-Up.   That’s how it goes yes?   Chance encounters of the best kind for your soul.

88-92 bpm.   J Dilla RIP.

• 2 weeks later...